Will it ever be surpassed?

Will it ever be surpassed?

Attached: Link's Awakening.png (3200x3200, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=niA9ABADihU
youtube.com/watch?v=H4J7qyUiC2I
youtube.com/watch?v=sP9GP6Zl6mw
youtu.be/65LXFhqtt5k
youtube.com/watch?v=zLDAmJ8o9Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=R7MaG07acAA
youtube.com/watch?v=_M-OeAqPE20
youtube.com/watch?v=O7YVjEpR7jg
youtube.com/watch?v=9nNvlwx9-aw
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJLO0OYLOw
youtube.com/watch?v=Sk0WyBZu_Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=XxPMaFyaymQ
youtu.be/YulbKBbTsPM
youtube.com/watch?v=6F9ww-VoZF8
youtube.com/watch?v=TwDfKfj7hlg
youtube.com/watch?v=ULyEY_GjSoA
youtu.be/xhGS79bPPCI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2xZQ1NQE4
youtube.com/watch?v=lTHl5U8nCsg
youtube.com/watch?v=poo14Yp7zAc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's the switch version?

By 2D Zelda? It was surpassed by the Oracle games
By Zelda in general? It was surpased by OoT.

Best Zelda games are:
OOT
MM
LTTP
LA
Ages
Seasons

>Oracle games

Attached: 1511401955274.png (900x800, 219K)

>OoT
At least say MM fagoot

Probably not. Even Oracles which was the next best thing didn't capture the perfection

Came here to say this, the Oracle games are criminally underrated. They're seriously amazing in every regard and it baffles me that not only are they ignored, some people outright refuse to give them a try.

>oracle games
The soundtracks are godawful and the dungeon designs are bland. You either have no taste or you're blinded by your nostalgia because you played them as a child

Just because OoT was surpassed by MM doesn't mean LA wasn't surpassed by OoT.

Why did this need to be remade again?

>The soundtracks are godawful and the dungeon designs are bland.
Sounds like Link's wakening to me!

I've played all three games and Ages/Seasons are literally the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Solid game under the hood that's held back with GB/C visuals? It should be pretty obvious

because it's a fucking gameboy game
just the button issue alone warrants a remake, let alone everything else caused by the gameboy being weak as shit

Majora's Mask isn't really a better game than Ocarina of Time, despite having expanded gameplay mechanics and features.

it certainly wasn't saved by the visuals in the new one

Fuck you nigger, fight me

Which did you play first? Because he's right, LA is far superior in almost every regard. If you prefer Oracle games there's something wrong with you.

I'm not that user, but I played LA many times as a child. Then I replayed it in my 20s, and played the Oracle games for the first time soon after. I have no nostalgia for the Oracle games, I just think they're better games overall. Especially Seasons.

Maybe if they did a good job but it looks like shit. Should have done HD Sprites.

youtube.com/watch?v=niA9ABADihU

aaaah my ears nooooooo

I played Link's Awakening first. The dungeons are great, especially Eagle's Tower, but that's it really. The overworld is tiny and unremarkable compared to Ages/Seasons, along with a bunch of other stuff.

But the visuals are still fantastic.
The old visuals just look like a retro artstyle now that even most indie Devs can't compete with.

damn good shit post more bro

It's outclassed by the fucking NES.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4J7qyUiC2I

>shit post
user, I'm not the one who made the tracks shit, I'm just posting them

The only good tracks from the Oracle games literally come directly from LA.

You have no taste. It happens some times, just don't confuse it for other people not having taste.

We'll be in 2070, everyone will be playing on full dive VR, and then there'll be you
>remember sprites from when I was 10?
>why couldn't this be sprites like that

LAfags are blinded by nostalgia.
I played LA for the first time in 2013 and it was pretty mediocre.

>If you prefer Oracle games there's something wrong with you.
Ugh. This so much. If you prefer the Oracle games you're probably a cis white male.
Plus you have to have played Link's Awakening as a kid to truly get it.

Because it's fucking ugly
Structurally it's still good, and it'll be better when you don't have to juggle 2 action buttons including sword and shield
Just wait, the remake will be based as fuck

I love Seasons, but you're wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=sP9GP6Zl6mw

Already surpassed by the superior Switch version and Breath of the Wild

>I have no taste.
it's okay bro most people don't.

I have nostalgia for LA. I don't for the Oracle games. I still prefer the Oracle games.

Either bait or you are profoundly retarded.

Attached: 1563897036831.png (388x389, 66K)

>no you
Nice

Attached: 3e9.png (300x562, 98K)

haha epic falseflag my dood! what's your account so i can give you gold?

>4 field items needed to get through one map square.
>All using One B Button

worst part of the game

Because you're not an LAfag, you're a normal person with a functioning brain.

Truth hurts

>post evidence of deafeningly bad """music"""
>"You're just retarded"
OK.

cope

TPBP

holy shit thats bad.

Attached: numbers.jpg (300x290, 38K)

Yeah, I hate admitting it, but Seasons is the inferior game.
Ages being worse is a no-brainer, though.

Was LA produced by Capcom too, or was that just Ages/Seasons? Might explain a few things.

It is weird how many Link's Awakening fans are transgender.

youtu.be/65LXFhqtt5k

>randomly pick an awakening song to see if its nostalgia

not bad to be honest.

Based

It's not really the graphics. Ages/Seasons use the same graphics. The overworld just feels dead and isolated. There's not much to do really

That's Nintendo in general

>sprites ba-

Attached: terry_xii.gif (183x229, 46K)

>doubling down
He was asking you to post more, you Epsilon Minus. Or are you an ESL?

LA was a small team inside Nintendo.
The Oracle games were Capcom building on top of LA.

Nah, LA is pure
Oracles are the shitty outsourced garbage no one but tasteless whitetrash likes
Though Nintendo provided Capcom with all the assets, that's why most of it was reused.

I agree, it's got a nice concept for the story, but the actual game itself... Music was good though, but zelda music is always good s

I'm hoping I'll like it more with the remake, it looks gorgeous.
youtube.com/watch?v=zLDAmJ8o9Ro

I see you're doubling down on your delusions and shit taste. No good can ever come of that.

Aaah, that's the stuff...

Attached: 1567476430036.png (1144x673, 888K)

>dancing dragon dungeon
>bad
Pick one

This. Oracles are for white people.
LA is for us pure brown people and transgender people.

the only Capcom made Zeldas are Oracles, Four Swords, FSA, and Minish Cap. This is why the Four Sword is never acknowledged or brought up in other Zeldas, even spinoffs, and why MC is the only Zelda to actually reference the Oracles

go back

Nothing wrong with the LA soundtrack, pham. For chiptune, it's gold. Kinda excited to hear the orchestrated renditions

Are you retarded /pol/tards incapable of having any discussion without bringing up trannies? No one cares about your politics, we're talking about Zelda here for fuck's sake.

Attached: 1387380944006.jpg (640x480, 39K)

>"d-delusion!"
You could try making an argument instead of being a fag.
LA is way tighter and more focused. There's more cool little things in the Oracle games and better characters, but they're real sloppy in design. This carries over into Minish Cap.

LA is better! It uses the same initials as my hometown, which is pretty based I guess. :)

Fuck the Oracles and fuck Trump!

Legit one of the best songs in the whole series
too bad you don't hear it for very long

I guess thats what makes it a bit special though

Dilate

yawn

>I guess thats what makes it a bit special though
very true, but most songs improve on the third listen.
there might be a motif in the game that you hear it constantly and the song improves.

>fuck the oracles
I would

The Oracle games are almost objectively better. LA just gets all the praise because fucking nobody played the Oracles.

>objectively better.
How to tell when someone is unironically retarded

Now I just believe that you were controlling Dick Dastardly in the original Duck Hunt all this time.

I'm not a tranny, I don't give a fuck about trannies, I just fail to see what the fuck trannies have to do with this conversation.
Either go back to /pol/ or stop interjecting your annoying unrelated political bullshit into every thread.

Okay

The overworld in Link's Awakening is tiny and feels dead. There's no life or meaningful things to do on it aside from dungeons and exploring it to progress the story. The dungeons are overly simplistic and outclassed by Ages/Seasons. It feels so bare bones in comparison due to lacking a central mechanic like changing seasons or time periods.

The music is way more unique, memorable and overall better in the Oracle games. More towns, characters, better character development, better dungeons, way more things to do, collectibles and replay value. The Oracle games are far more interesting and fun to play than LA.

Nintendo laid the foundation with LA, while Capcom built upon it and perfected it with Ages/Seasons.

Translation:
>I was a child when I played the Oracle games, I liked them a lot, and I've never seen them without the rose-tinted glasses. I also have autism so I don't realize that there's no objectivity in opinions, and I'm going to blame everything on popularity because clearly that's the reason a literal rehash of a classic is perceived as mediocre

youtube.com/watch?v=R7MaG07acAA

SOUL

I'M NoT KiRbY

Attached: IMG_20190905_171119.jpg (2001x1125, 153K)

LA is the reddit choice for 2D Zelda. OoA/OoS are the patricians choice.

>The music is way more unique, memorable and overall better in the Oracle games.
Post 5 examples and I would be 4 of them are actually LA tracks. The Oracle games have fucking awful soundtracks, I can't believe this is even up for debate.

>inb4 shitty english dub

I swear to christ they better use this version, the japanese version will only improve the otherworldy feel.

I might genuinely write a letter to nintendo about this

of course that's not kirby, kirby is pink

It's fucking perfect

Attached: IMG_20190905_171426.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>I might genuinely write a letter to nintendo about this
Ah, I remember being 12 too.

Exhibit A

>muh nostalgia
Nigger, it takes serious nostalgia to say Link's Awakening is better. Meanwhile, us with logical minds who make rational decisions and objective all see that the Oracles games are superior.

You're inside a little bubble, closed off from the world and screaming about how LA is the best, while everyone else is looking at you from the outside, shaking our heads.

>I swear to christ they better use this version, the japanese version will only improve the otherworldy feel.

Nintendo isn't making games for weebs. Everything that can be localized will be.

I don't get it, it sounds like shit to me. Why even have vocals in it?

>us with logical minds who make rational decisions and objective all see that the Oracles games are superior.
>You're inside a little bubble, closed off from the world
Overwhelming sense of irony

>Ah, I remember being 12 too.
I should have said email.
I know it will probably be ignored, but this could actually ruin the english release.

>Why even have vocals in it?

It was implied the original song had vocals, but was emulated with chiptunes.

Attached: IMG_20190905_171423.jpg (960x540, 95K)

>inb4 shitty english dub
In after shitty Japanese VA. That was awful. I hope the English dubbers can salvage this mess.

You're going overweeb

Attached: 49f[1].png (600x449, 177K)

>No u!
:^)

>It was implied the original song had vocals, but was emulated with chiptunes.
well going by that vid it was for the better. they should just stick with no vocals imo.

weebposting is still shitposting

>anyone who disagrees with me is a shitposter

Attached: 132874189236.png (127x129, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_M-OeAqPE20
it's like they were written by someone who doesn't understand musical composition

>There's no life or meaningful things to do on it aside from dungeons and exploring it to progress the story
>He didn't explore Richard's Villa, the graveyard, ghost house, mermaid's grotto, the roaring rapid adventure, vittelsman, etc.
>He things Oracle has better music & dungeons
Just admit you didn't play the game.

Attached: 1514093621571.gif (170x200, 41K)

It's literally Capcom trying to copy what made LA great, and failing horribly.

This is not how that image is used.

>You've reused the same argument I just did!
I guess Oracle fags are really bad at recognizing rehashes? Since Ages/Seasons are nothing more than LA being put into a blender and hitting Puree, with no structure or charm that made the original any good

Attached: Capture.png (399x38, 2K)

your shittalking is providing me catharsis, I have always found the capcom zeldas' soundtracks awful

if you're being sincere, nitendo has a terrible track record with dubs, especially for zelda games.

youtube.com/watch?v=O7YVjEpR7jg

This is actually a very modest comparison, the voices in game are a lot worse

Your entire argument confuses complexity and quantity with quality. The Oracle games are bigger, more complicated, and are full of gimmicks, but that doesn't make them inherently good. Zelda has always had a problem with big, impressive maps with fucking nothing to do in them. LA is a weird outlier that accepts that it doesn't need to stretch things out: it's a fairly linear action adventure on a small screen, there's no point in making a large world, it diesn't add anything.

Stuff like Ricky and Moosh, and the time systems, and all the little missable bits, they're cute, but they mostly serve to give an illusion of depth. They don't make the game more enjoyable and rewarding, they're just padding via gating.

You're right that the character writing is better, I love my Ralphs and Maples as much as the next guy, but in terms of design it's messier, more tedious and not really more fun for the trouble.

I switched to German and unironically found it more tolerable than English, especially Zelda. Goddamn how did that pass QI?

Congratulations on missing the point entirely. It's not about whether or not the dub will be good, it's about whether or not it will BE dubbed.
Like I said, Nintendo is not making games for weebs. Regular people don't want to listen to Japanese lyrics and read subtitles. The song will be localized into English.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nNvlwx9-aw

Listen to this shit. Sounds like it was composed by a 4th grader. Definitely on the same level as Yoshi Clan and RE Basement

>adult men literally can't recognize that their opinions as children aren't valid adult opinions
Go replay the Oracle games, retards. There's a reason they haven't been remade, they're awful.

>Regular people don't want to listen to Japanese lyrics and read subtitles

you don't need subtitles for a song. Especially when you can say the song is "ancient-hylian".
>Congratulations on missing the point entirely.
I believe this is meant for you now.

BASED

Your retardation is cute.

>There's a reason they haven't been remade,
Why remake something that's perfect?

Attached: confused orange yotsuba.png (412x450, 226K)

You may as well have posted the game over tune, The owl song is supposed to be simple with few instruments because the owl hooting on top of it interferes

impartial third party here, this is the first im hearing of this soundtrack
sounds decent enough

How would he know that? He's never played it.

Retard

I have. If your argument hinges on projections, then that's just pathetic.

That's not how Nintendo will see it. And the average customer will know it's Japanese and be upset that it's not in English. You really are delusional.

Not him, but I'm 24 and played both the Oracles plus LA for the first time 4 years ago. The Oracle games completely blew me away in every single aspect, from plot, to overworld, music, characters, dungeons, everything, whereas LA felt so barebones, so lackluster in comparison, I seriously dreaded playing through it and fail to understand what's so "special" about such a blatantly inferior game.

>something that's perfect?
youtube.com/watch?v=XAJLO0OYLOw

>And the average customer will know it's Japanese and be upset that it's not in English.

If they know its japanese and not hylian, they're either a weeb or a normie weeb. Either way they won't care.

I don't think this actually qualifies as music

Does capcom actually have any notable soundtracks? All I can think of is megaman.

Maybe nintendo can't remake it because its partially owned by capcom?

Too irregular and unsettling for you?

ducktales

Tons of stuff

Good call!

Up until today I didn't realize there was a fanbase more cancerous than OoTfags. Oraclefags, you've taken the cake. Congrats, you've earned my contempt.

was that capcom or disney?
Not trying to bad mouth capcom or deny this as evidence, but its not uncommon for music to be handled by the parent company.

I was thinking more the complete lack of melodic structure, kind of like the game itself

fuck you fag the seasons soundtrack is great

They might be cancer but oracle is the kimo that saves it.

> its not uncommon for music to be handled by the parent company.
Not back in the NES days. Usually they would just leave the entire game's development up to the game devs with little to no input from the IP holders.

Literally look at the OP, it's LAfags who have their heads up their asses and go "Lalala can't hear you" with even the tiniest criticism.

I originally didn't like the visual direction of the remake but after seeing it more I've warmed up to it. Kinda hope they reuse the engine and give the Oracles a makeover

>kimo
When you argue with oraclefags, this is who you're arguing with

better than this LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=Sk0WyBZu_Hg

You can't be serious

>go "Lalala can't hear you" with even the tiniest criticism.
Yeah, kind of like, I don't know, YOU? I accept that people enjoy everything about the game minus the soundtrack, but the fact that you can't even concede that the soundtrack is awful implies to me that you are incapable of accepting criticism. The soundtrack is awful, dude.

That's a fucking momentary note that plays in a single cutscene. I've posted FIVE dungeon tracks that you have to listen to for fucking hours.

100$ serious

>he doesn't like play on words

The medodic structure sounds perfectly fine to me!

youtube.com/watch?v=XxPMaFyaymQ

this though....yikes

>If you prefer Oracle games there's something wrong with you.
>Better items
>Better dungeon music
>Multiple overworlds
>Rings
>Secrets
>Better overworld designs
>More minigames

The Oracles are an upgrade from LA in every conceivable way

All of which are amazing. Meanwhile, you're admitting that the posted LA songs are shit.

>kanji

Sorry but old resolution-limited games like this are way comfier when played with only kana.

Attached: その剣の主か.png (429x334, 80K)

>oraclefag has no idea what melody is
Sasuga tasteless-kun

Don't forgot more mini-games, partners, far more replayability due to second quests for each version and choices you make throughout the game, and more.

>all of which are amazing
I refuse to believe this is a real opinion. You are baiting me and I fell for it. Congrats. I'm done now though, I've had enough.

Go back inside your rotten nightmare Windfish eggshell, where you'll be sheltered from the world and it's harsh reality, the likes of which you've never seen.

Grade A tier bait, dude

youtu.be/YulbKBbTsPM
Better than anything in LA

brb ears bleeding

youtube.com/watch?v=6F9ww-VoZF8
A CHALLENGER APPEARS
not, that would imply there's a real competition, LA blows the oracle games away

eww

you're not fighting fair

youtube.com/watch?v=TwDfKfj7hlg

>oraclefag doesn't know a track that's been ripped VERBATIM from LA
youtube.com/watch?v=ULyEY_GjSoA

God you fags are so pathetic

AHAHAHAHAHA

You for sure did not even play these games

Honestly, it's amazing the GB was even capable of this.

It's already been surpassed by any other zelda game, the gb games were shit desu

Nintendo cared.
Capcom was just shitting out a job

Attached: 1421679264798.webm (256x192, 286K)

No. LA and the Oracles to this day remain the holy trinity of Zelds games.

Attached: 1523378826_ec6.gif (431x637, 2.03M)

アニキ、よめなきゃ バカな ヤロウ かも・・・ GBCばん にも かんじ も あった。

まだ プレイした こと は ない かしら?

Attached: 聖なる.png (636x327, 265K)

>all these tracks being posted
>havent seen the best one yet
youtu.be/xhGS79bPPCI

Attached: 1555865102320.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

But that's Oracle, not LA
Also your grammar is atrocious
>バカな ヤロウ
Ahorashii

best zelda, played it on my Gameboy in the 90s

Most of the tracks were deliberately showing the awful soundtracks in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2xZQ1NQE4

Heres a good song

And tarm ruins

youtube.com/watch?v=lTHl5U8nCsg

Who is Zeldav?

>They're seriously amazing in every regard
They're too hard and confusing

If everyone's posting tracks from the Oracle games, here's my pick.

youtube.com/watch?v=poo14Yp7zAc

Only dungeon I revisited after completion to listen to the music.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Is it really? Song sound relatively simple, it just has good composition

The reverb and trill is technically impressive for the GB imo

>They're too hard and confusing
holy shit, quints wasted on a literal retard

>tfw you love both LA and the Oracles
Why is there so much infighting for this series?

>any non-NES Zelda game
>even remotely hard or confusing
this has to be one of the worst gets i've seen

Attached: 1559344284929.jpg (960x720, 99K)

retard

Rude

Oh god don't say it in that voice.
You'll give me nightmares

unironically this for 2d zeldas. replayed link's awakening and hated it