Whats, in your honest opinion, the hardest boss in any soulsborne game?

whats, in your honest opinion, the hardest boss in any soulsborne game?
>that includes demons souls and sekiro

Attached: Sekiro_Isshin_the_Sword_Saint_cover.0.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPsXMgnGUvU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: file.png (1300x649, 881K)

Not looking up youtube videos and strategies to make the games easier

High NG Orphan is harder than anything in the other games
As for non-bosses, the hardest enemy by far is Old King Doran from DeS. Completely broken NPC.

Attached: iosefka amelia.png (2000x1748, 2.45M)

Sister Friede in terms of fair and satisfying difficulty.
Darkeater Midir in terms of fucking flailing back and forth and blasting the arena with dumb AoE's that last longer than the i-frames. Might not be bad actually but I got so sick of it that I just left that boss be.

I guess I beat this one without even really trying.

Sekiro is my first fromsoft game and goddamn the combat is SO GOOOOOD.

Attached: 20190904232600_1.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

I have never beaten Darkeater Midir.
Friede I find easy, Nameless King I can get stuck on sometimes.
But to this day every time it's time to fight Midir I try about 50 times and then I just get pestilent mercury and cheese him

He's the best final boss for certain but not the hardest. He's very fair and fun to engage, there's no bullshit involved, he just asks you to give your best.

I’ve been fighting Owl (Father) for three days. I’m reaaaaal close though. I’ll probably bag him today after work.

Literally any TRC boss, I still think it's the hardest content From has made. Loran Darkbeast takes my personal choice for biggest Fuck-You.

Attached: Loran_Darkbeast.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

>for three days
charmless?

Attached: 20190901214030_1.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

*FRC

Shiteater Midir

If it's of any consolation, it took me 3 days and i think he's the hardest boss in Sekiro.

DaS3 Dancer. I can't for the love of me time my dodges right against her, specially her fucking grab always gets me. Nothing else in DaS3 is remotely as hard as her.

he was really fucking hard and I unfortunately looked up a strat. he was still difficult as I refused to cheese him but it really made me feel like a dumb ass how I should have been dodging a certain way yet I kept doing it wrong and thought his explosion was just invincible

what? how is he the hardest? what makes him so hard for you?

Attached: 1567166142356.png (316x355, 235K)

Artorias with a glass cannon faith build. Motherfucker just did not want to take damage

Going to Souls now will feel extremely unsatisfying.

Hardest good boss: Midir
Hardest bullshit boss: 2kat

how much time did you guys spend on Isshin? just curious

Attached: 789xkkipdxr21.jpg (2048x1725, 459K)

Dark Souls combat doesn't even compare. That game is held afloat entirely by customizable builds and online.

Attached: shinobi things.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

Yeah this user has a point.
Are we talking intentional, or UNintentional difficulty?
Because the camera being shit definitely makes a fight more difficult, but probably not on purpose.

Anyway my vote goes to Midir or Demon of Hatred (without cheesing) just because their health pools are so high that the fights are more of an endurance test.

Also, maybe I'm retarded but I cannot get a grasp on Midir's godzilla lazer attack. It's got a 50/50 chance to oneshot me.

Attached: midir laser.jpg (925x732, 130K)

Hit hard, too much health which makes the fight drag on and also a large set of moves.

What a motherfucker doran was. Still haven't beaten him without poison cheese

Like 5 attempts. I had fun fighting him, unlike Father.

Souls and bloodborne are both better than Sekiro in every aspect except the combat, which is still serviceable.

how THE FUCK can you beat Isshin in 5 tries and get stuck on Owl.

Attached: mommy.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

>game makes you fight a boss before another boss without checkpoint
>get your ass handed to you by the second boss so much you absolutely dominate the first one

Attached: emma.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

They're not talking about the regular story Owl fight, they're talking about the secret ending Owl fight.

Actually tho, Owl is fucking easy.

I think it's the only Souls enemy I didn't beat fair and square. It's been a while since I played DeS PvE though, maybe I could do it now. He's terribly broken, the first phase is okay but when you try to kill him after getting the sword it gets insane.

Because Owl is harder?
I think the problem with Owl is his health pool. It just takes too long. Ishin is a very fair fight.

Neither of them, but Owl (Father) was easily the hardest for me. Probably took like 30 or 40 tries.
Then I went on to beat Isshin on my very first try. I'm not going to lie. I almost wanted to throw the fight because I didn't want it to be over that quickly. But then I was afraid this first attempt was a fluke so I went ahead and killed him.
It kinda made the game end on a bad note to be honest. Since almost every other major boss took me multiple attempts

I don't know why so many people thought Owl 2.0 was hard.

He's literally the exact same fight as Owl 1.0, but with a few more firecrackers and the big bird attack in phase 2

you guys are both retarded and absolute gods

Attached: 1541733253421.jpg (800x674, 72K)

i died more to the shadows she summons when she gets to the second phase than to her real self

Attached: 1538943961474.jpg (320x326, 19K)

Because he's slightly faster and it makes him seem more relentless than before.
Also you're fighting him in the boss room that probably gave you minor PTSD when you were still figuring the combat system out.

for me sword saint tied with orphan followed by midir

I have only played the Dark Souls trilogy. So out of those probably Sister Friede.
She moves fairly quickly for ds3 standards and has some moves that are impossible to punish safely.
The only thing keeping her back is some moves are so easy to backstab.
Midir isn't too bad once you learn how to fight him and those are the only two I would consider difficult enough to make me sit up and assume gamer stance.

I felt like Isshin was easier as fighting owl father made me learn better habbits

Darkluker from Ds2
You have to run through a Havel and a few other npc, in a dark room with pitfalls. Then the boss has tracking aoe spells that do a fuck ton. Then at half health it clones. That faggot gave me more trouble then any other boss.

I found Darklurker pretty straightforward.
His attacks are slow and one of them takes him out of the fight for a few seconds letting you wail on the clone.
Probably the hardest boss in ds2 though

I feel you man. Did a magic build vs The Fume Knight and it was a ton of rolling, eating herbs, repair powder, estus. That bitch took 100-200 damage from crystal soul spear.

>whats, in your honest opinion, the hardest boss in any soulsborne game?

Attached: burnt_ivory_king_by_vulpes_ibculta_d83wz25-pre.jpg (751x1064, 69K)

He was an absolute shitter with 3 moves, literally a downgraded Gwyn

The only hard part of ivory king was killing the knights with enough sips left because the AI of your helpers were fucking retarded

No DaS2 boss was hard, due to every enemy being slow, clunky, and unresponsive. Enemies in 2 will often just stand still or turn away from you before engaging in a random slow attack.

Isshin who?

Attached: seven-ashina-spears-shikibu-toshikatsu-yamauchi-gallery-4-wiki-guide.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

>Enemies in 2 will often just stand still or turn away
did you even play it?

Attached: Sihn.jpg (1600x900, 116K)

>mikiri tutorial boss
>hard

Posting an absolute shitter of a boss whose only distinct quality is making your weapon degrade faster when you hit him ain't helping your cause.
DS2 bosses are slow, samey, predictable shit.

I have beaten DS1, DS2, DS3 in possible way countless times with each game far beyon 1k hours. I still have no idea how to dodge his attacks.

Attached: Sulyvahn.png (1358x726, 2.03M)

Orphan of Kos, or some Kosm

>All my helpers fight one guy
>I'm left to fight 3 charred knights
>Second phase
>All my knights block the gates
>Except for one who's decided he hasn't had enough combat
>Forced to dodge a pyromancer and the boss
Why do people like this boss again? He's just another "roll diagonally and punish" boss like Persuer and Velstadt

Sihn is easy as balls.
He probably has the largest healing windows in ds2 besides covetous demon

Sekiro is not part of the Soulsborne series, accept this fact already you fucking idiot. The hardest is Orphan of Kos or Friede.

Absolute trash and travesty of game design
>2 cats
>3 faggots in sunken city DLC "challenge area"
>bed of chaos
>FRC chalice dungeons
Legit SSS
>Flamelurker
>Allant
>Manus
>Friede
>Midir
>Orphan
>Owl 2.0
>Isshin
>Demon of Hatred

nothing gave me as much trouble as OoK and phase 1 of Ludwig

seethe

You predict them. He's one of the most predictable boss in the series, alongside Midir.

cope

Ishin and Friede are the best hard bosses by far
Midir is only hard if you can't play without locking-on otherwise is rather easy
Ivory king is the hardest if you go solo with only one knight

mad people like you are my favorite :)

lol no

bed of chaos

If you didn't already know, you can parry his giant flaming greatsword but not his diddly little shortsword for some reason

It's probably different for everyone. Depends on experience and builds used.

If you make an overall statistic it's probably Midir tho.

>"The Dragon came from the West."
Why do they emphasize this so much? Does it have anything to do with the Dragons in Dark Souls?

Attached: 20190901194450_1.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

No, the it's a chinese type dragon.

>KONO FUKUROU NO CHIKARA... MISETE YAAAAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>the flute that starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=IPsXMgnGUvU

Owl is so fucking cool

Wish I hadn't first tried him because Owl (Father) is definitely a fight I wouldn't have minded practicing for hours, unlike the Glock Saint

Attached: Owl_(Father).png (480x650, 554K)

It's a long story, but essentially the "West" is a metaphor for a divine realm. A plane of enlightenment.
Only the Divine Dragon would be able to come from such a pure place.

>man hands

Korean*

Japs and chinese HATE eachother.
The japanese guys saying it's a chinese dragon just kind of reinforces that they know it's foreign and evil, not a benevolent dragon.

>pure place
Literally brought disease into the land.
If anything, it's a xenophobic allegory.

I never actually beat Manus

It didn't brought anything bad on its own. Everything actually horrible is a result of human misuse.

Guy, please stop before you embarrass yourself.
The Dragon didn't bring disease into the land. What he was, what he is, was NOT meant for humans. Immortality was not meant for us.
...did you even play the game?

oh boy it was a tutorial alright
and he made sure i learned that shit

Attached: 20190901015735_1.jpg (1920x1080, 571K)

You cant trick me with your dragon lies. I'll hunt your kind on Sekiro 2.

I think Friede has given me the most trouble. Don't get why people struggle so much with Midir and Isshin though. Funnily enough, I died to the Genichiro phase more than Isshin.

Wouldn't any boss against another player win by default since depending on the other players build the fight may well be pretty much impossible?

literally impossible

Attached: Watchdog.jpg (1600x900, 348K)

Ds1
Probably Manus
Ds2
I'd say Blue Smelter
Ds3
Friede without a shadow of a doubt

Boop the snoot. I farmed him so much for Fire Abyssals on FRC it's super easy for me.

>Brings in something that wasn't meant for a life form
>This is somehow not a disease
???

That's the Dragon's fault... how?
Did you just fall asleep about how he lost his arm?
Go away mong.

That's the Dragon's fault... how?
Did you just fall asleep during everything about how he lost his arm?
Go away mong.

bump

after NG he reverses your mikiri counters

Why do people find Friede difficult, or is it a meme?

Abhorrent Nigger.

it was definitely this guy.

She was hard but you can watch a video of someone doing it and you can quickly get through her by exploiting a dead zone.

You can watch a video of Isshin and you might still die because it relies on you knowing how to mikiri counter, deflect and jumping on his head.

FUCK THE STUPID OGRE ON CHARMLESS NG+
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DODGE HIS DIVING GRAB
FUCKING ONESHOTS ME WITH THAT SHIT AND JUMPING AND EVANDING IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE
FUCKIGN BULLSHIT TRACKING
IT'S HIS ONLY ATTACK THAT HITS ME

Attached: 1541720258227.png (640x358, 185K)

Don't just dodge, run.

i fucking got him
all i had to do was run around him and dash when he tried to dive-grab me

Attached: 20190905230045_1.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

The Orphan of Kos.. There have been bosses where I died over and over to but when I finally beat them I felt joy. I felt like a million dollars. When I beat the Orphan, I had died so many times that I felt no joy, just a "thank fuck I don't have to fight this stupid asshole again."

fuck bros, i miss playing bloodborne, sekiro and the souls games and i have played them like 5 times each like an autist. nothing else satisfies.

I fought him off and on for a couple of weeks since work and other video games eat up my time. I took a month break, came back and beat him the first try.

what enemies were worthy of your divine grass, Yea Forums?

Isshin, for sure
in other souls games, I could just grind until my weapons and armor were strong enough to deal with the pain at my skill level
in sekiro, your weapon is already strong to begin with, it's just like banging your head against a wall

owl father...first time I fought him was on ng+4 and on charmless and that nigger nearly killed me with a sliver of health left but the grass saved me

Have you tried DMC? Scratched the itch for me.

I managed to beat Isshin after about 30 tries but I've never beaten Friede

This one because of the sheer length of the fight.
Tied with Midir for me, honestly. Midir shat on me several times because I had to fight him in NG++.

Attached: neverland.jpg (478x397, 18K)

Same bro, bitch took me a month, beat soul of cinder 1st try and nameless king on my 5th.

Been playing since Demon's Souls was first released and no boss has taken me more than 5 tries at the most until this cunt.
This cunt took me about 30.
I guess it's different for everyone but I found the Dancer supremely easy. I just get into a rhythm with my dodges kinda like dancing with her.

Attached: shiteater midir.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Stay as close as you can in front of her and most of her attacks will go over your head. The two big exceptions are the AoE fire attack and her long spin, but she telegraphs the fuck out of those so just run away.

>IKUSO, SEKIRO
Name a more hype moment in any from soft game

Attached: 1543604765451.png (240x262, 114K)

>doing a BL4 run in Bloodborne
Fuck Maria, fuck Living Failures, fuck Ludwig, fuck Orphan, and fuck Laurence especially.

this boy

He is not that hard unless you try to solo them

1.orphan of kosm
2. Owl
3. Fume

>The Orphan is unlike any other boss in that he knows which of his attacks will be overpowered and which will be less useful, and will use the overpowered attacks basically every time. He also takes advantage of flaws in the game design (for example he will try to get you to clip through his stomach). So while with other bosses it's a one-on-one against the game itself, with the Orphan it feels like a one-on-one against FromSoftware's mostsadisticdeveloper.

Attached: 1561241107514.jpg (1000x996, 432K)

I beat Orphan with the Church Hammer. Looking back, it was just a contest of who could be more violent.