underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psycho-temporal_Contraction
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Limited_Temporal_Increment
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Steadfast_Aim
kys.net.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which was the best supercorporation?

>want to make a metal armor pure psi build
>140 skill points left to distribute
>Melee is the only skill worth leveling and not doing it would be purposely limiting my combat effectiveness
Fuck I don't want to fall for the hammer wizard meme.

>be super advanced technological corporation with an army and tech vast enough to overtake any problem without causing issues
>"any" problem arises
>lol just gas them breh

Biocorp are the only based supercorporation. Get fucked aesthetic cucks.

alright i think i've got a really good route for depot A
rate or post a better one im ignoring skill checks but lockpicking/stealth can obviously make this better

eels start
kill the most western group of muties to get the security access keycard
go up ladder in the south west
At this point if you have stealth and enough trap skill you could easily just stealth in to the eastern exit but killing everybody here isn't that difficult either, so do what you have to and exit east
just run past turrets into the eastern control room place
use the console with your shiny new keycard and unlock both options
go back the way you came to the underground section and then go west, the door should be unlocked now
go to northeastern ladder, might have to kill one robot but that's it.
the door immediately to the west should be open
kill mutants and dogs
you're in

so that's only one mutant fight which is pretty good

I made an autistic image to go with this

Attached: Autistic depot A.png (1280x720, 542K)

Does using persuade to save Buzzer change whether or not you get a good boy point with the Faceless?

Doesn't matter.

Just got done kiling everything in the two native villages. Wilk the atracks stop now?
Also what do I do in the geaveyard besides not touching graves becausr im scare?

Killing the mind reader negatively affects the relationship with the Faceless
Saving buzzer has no impact with the Faceless

You'll find something there. But if you don't know what, it is not time yet.

Thanks, then ill go back. Just wanted to make sure i havent missed a chief or so somewhere.

You only needed to kill magnar, for the graveyard you need to find the symbol either through yngwar or the one near the big ass hammer totem, then you need to talk to the ferryman to find which body part the hit the grug.

Havent found magnar yet. Where is he?

Hopefully this helps people

Attached: guide chart.jpg (1892x2456, 1.2M)

Northwest side villages, inside a cave

Why are you shilling so much this game lately
Go to /vg/ already.

did you forget to apply?

Attached: file.png (453x34, 4K)

Thanks!
Dilate!

You forgot to mention female characters cannot play as spy on the grey army base
It is important

I know you're an enthusiast, but please take away the name

babby's first shield generator
r8

also is Power Management useful if i'm not an energy weapons faggot?

Attached: undertale 4.png (1603x904, 785K)

I tried to leave as just general tips, so i feel specific ones should be its own image regarding all locations

Unless you really, really got nothing else to spend points on. Not really.

Fuck you. Just because your meme skeleton got in Smash doesn't mean people suddenly care about you shitty game.

based

Important questions:
High CON tank with high resistances and 0 dodge/evasion, willing to get high Armor penalty
or
Low CON nimblefag, high dodge and evasion, want to play with 0 AP?

Anyone know where I can get some more pickled psionic mushrooms? Shit's delicious.

Anyone bothers enough to sell me on underrail or should i just wait for inevitable sseth's video?

Depends.
What you like, or look for in a RPG?

>mfw doing expedition as melee
>mfw native invasions
>mfw getting shot by poisoned darts from out of sight by crossbowniggers

Attached: 1455570427713.png (571x540, 489K)

good writing and your character's class/stats/etc actually mattering in dialogues

>Not being a sturdy, massive Tin Tank

I feel like choosing to be a spear + shield gets me the worst of both worlds. No fucking dodge, and no insane DR/DT.

Attached: 20190905200832_1.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

This game seems to be like that, the best skills to take are the ones that synergize with your stats rather than what you want.

Look elsewhere then, this is not the game you are looking for.

native invasions are special occasions; prepare accordingly

Get a really good low low shield and nothing in expedition will give you trouble

Uhhh, I have 5 CON and I thought wolfram armor would protect me if I carried its weight.

*biolocation*
nothing personnel kid...

>good writing
The story itself is okay, nothing out of the extraordinary but isn't bad, but doesnt really shine.
However the game shines on the other story aspects, 'background lore', characterization and atmosphere.
The background lore of the past is fucking mindblowing, reading logs of severals hundreds old facilities, reading about the lifes and researchs of important scientist toying with highly questionable, possibly world fucking powers is amazing. Describing things, entities and landscapes of another plane of existence from another time is also mindfucking at best.
Characterization is pretty fucking good, you will grow fond of a few characters and the game will throw a few sucker punches at you for it, you can relate to a lot of NPCs in this game.
The atmosphere is great too, you do really feel like you're walking in a fucking trash ghetto when you're in one, when you're in a spooky cave full to the brim with creepy crawlers, or when you're assaulted by dozens and dozens of an unholy amalgation of aztecs and vikings

>your character's class/stats/etc actually mattering in dialogues
The most dialog relevant things are, from the base stats, Intelligence and Will, and from base skills, Persuation, Mercantile and Intimidation. Other stats and skills get some spotlight from time to time but it's quite rare.

Any more questions?

>dies to any random grenade
>waste turns popping mirror images

pftt, never died to any of them. The acid spitting nigs or the tanky grugs however...

Does Aegis-Sec hire the most incompotent retards they can find?
>shotgun guy stands behind 2 allies and starts firing
>sniper shoots melee characters near me instead of crossbowniggers
>every single trooper pops an adrenaline shot on turn 1 then spends the rest of the fight fatigued

Attached: 20190905201621_1.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Their ai is set to stand behind the sandbags because more often than not going ahead is suicide. So even if they have a clean shot near you to finish someone, they rather waste a turn going to the other side, because a grug is drooling on the auto turret that is failing to shoot for the 10th time

They're pipeworking northerners, what do you think?

So you're not tanky.
If you're not tanky, get low low shields
If you're tanky as fuck, get high high shields

Ok, but I was asking about power management.

Not really worth it unless you use energy guns.

Ok thanks.

does neural overload just destroy any shadow people instantly or do they have health and I actually need to do enough damage with it

He's making it sound like the game has exactly two viable strategies: Psi, and grenades.

I mean if you have a spare feat and you're done building your character, you can take it just to make a stupidly powerful shield

What does it mean about pickpocketing being a "dick ass zoner"?

Is Death's Grin pickpocketable?

Yea Forums lore.

If I'm not doing stealth should I still invest in traps?

I thought there was a new update for a timer bar next to the buffs section
and then i realized it was a light

Attached: file.png (51x44, 5K)

What language is this written in?
You won't do shit with 0 points in it. Halfway through leveling you oneshot them.

Yes, 25 at least to detect the nearest traps and to at least be able to lay down Burrower poision bear traps, which greatly helps at doing War Crimes

Yeah, they're a bunch of shits.

That's it, I'm joining the pirates.

Attached: 20190905172900_1.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

What about combat mechanics? Just looking at this gives me Fallout 1 vibes which is something i like.

Have you beat the game without using any of the throwing skills user? I would like you to try that, specially without psi

You don't need stealth to do traps, traps are usually just useful to have because they can cc enemies and prevent them from overwhelming you.

>All these weaklings that failed to protect their team
Pathetic.

I was able to detect all traps except some shit near SGS at very low lvl and some acid traps in DC with 0 in traps and 5 Per. I would only put the points in Traps to use crawler bear traps.

Bre, he fucking boarshot me.

This game is heavily based on two things: Combat, and exploration.
In this game, you cannot do pacifist runs, sure you can avoid some fights with Persuation, but you WILL have to fight that boss, on your own.
Also, no companions, and the times you actually have 'allies' you will wish to be alone, because allied AI is fucking retarded. I'm not exaggerating.
Combat is quite well done, you can approach the same fights win several ways and win by different methods, using different builds, you have a lot of options you can try, but make no mistake, the enemies will be fucking merciless at you, make one mistake and you can fucking die.

how painful is this going to be?

Attached: slow.jpg (215x83, 5K)

I guess Armor Sloping is pointless for a 95% tin can, right?

Not an excuse.
You should have tanked these pellets, let them harmlessly bounce off you and say 'Thank you sir, might I have another?'.

Absolutely. if you're going super steel or chrome, it's worth it

>In this game, you cannot do pacifist runs
that's not true
you can beat this game with only five kills to your name; there are almost always options to avoid having to fight

That's fine but then what's the point of getting perception, guns or crossbows? If you need explosives for damage anyways, it seems like the only advantage is high detection and you'd be better off relying only on throwing/traps and saving the other points & feats for crafting.

fuck off tin can

Depends, if you aim for a nimble tin can, for example, Super Steel tin can, then sure go ahead, it's a worthwhile feat.
However if you full TUNGSTEN IS LOVE TUNGSTEN IS LIFE, then you will have 9999999% AP, in which case that feat is completely irrelevant.

If you're a tank chad, not really.
Be wary of psi users tho.

Does a tungsten tin can require 9 str?

I'm going to play a psi tin can with throwing and traps.

That's a fucking lie.
You cant negotiate with Lurkers
You cant negotiate with death stalkers
You cant negotiate with the Natives
You cant negotiate with Tchort
Just because you can avoid -some- fights doesnt mean you won't have to fight the rest of the fucking game, you will die like a complete pipeworker.

Like a Death Stalker's Sting for a 3 CON psion.

Trancendix is only mentioned but I swear they have galaxy tier THINK shit in there. New DLC better have em.

You don't have to fight any of those except tchort.

Don't lie out your ass; just because YOU don't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Metal_Armor
Yes.

You can stealth past most of that or just not go into that cell to begin with, why are you pretending to be retarded?

You are absolutely right, and the game can be completely be beaten with throwing alone, in matter of fact, that would make it pretty easy, but you don't have an infinite supply of them(specially at start) and they can often be a very slow grind. They are just a complement to any build which will get you out of a tough spot due to their high damage/cc nature.

Either way, i didn't mean the guide to be followed for a certain build, just want to make sure newbies level throwing because that's what going to make or break most of the time. And for them to understand what which stat means. The game makes seem that leveling perception to max is great, because it means your shots won't ever miss, so that's a huge trap for certain builds.

Pacifism in Underrail is only technically possible, realistically it's fucking bullshit. Yes, you can stealth Ironheads, Lurkers, Natives, and Lunatics. But tell me, what the fuck are you even doing in the Lurker Base and Warehouse Block Beta if you are not going to fight? Loot five barrels and two boxes?

you dont have to go there at all

I'm trying to build a tin can in the character builder and I've already got all the key feats by like level 12, this feels so strange.

Ah, Dominating...

time to flip sides so i can resist big bitch brigg's cripple choke

Attached: 20190905174841_1.jpg (1920x1080, 550K)

So your solution is to do nothing in most of the game's areas? Because that's what you are suggesting. Pacifism is something you might do as your xth playthrough just to see if it can be done, but it absolutely isn't a legitimate way to just pick up and play this game.

So what's the appeal of this game? Is it just the combat or can you affect a lot of the story/npcs/world?

Why are you talking as if being a pacifist, means you gotta do everything?

You can literally beat the main quest by killing less than 10 enemies. Actually let's count. You don't need to kill a single thing until depot A. Then, which of the oligarchs needs killing? I'm sure JK don't need any, so after that, you get to the university, and...what in there do you need to kill? You don't even have to shoot the faceless, seems to me, you can literally beat the whole game while only having to kill tchort, which isn't even a real human.

you literally don't have any reason to go there and can be completely avoided

Nimble tin can or Tungsten Tin Tank?

What's your main weapon?

if i'm not mistaken you need to kill at least 1 of the gladiators in the arena for your name so you can be able to take the oligarchs quests

>Yahota missing
>Aegis Sec-trooper's Cropse x7
>Remains
A shameful display.

Seriously? I don't remember ever having to mention that i'm a gladiator, i had a lot of other checks for the coretech line.

you may not like it, but you can complete the game with only a few minimal kills

you wont accomplish nearly as much as normal, but it can be done

its exactly 5 kills

i'm not 100% sure, but i think there is no achievement that lets you do those quests without killing, and i think you need to do the arena quests until you get your name for the oligarchs the one that lets you choose different things is the entry to the black sea

Which are? It does feel you can do a lot of quests without having to kill anything, at best robots. There are very few kill quests, balor is one, the bugs are one, the crazy doctor.

Tungsten Tin Can. Thoughts? I decided to go full retard with 3 INT, which means I can't get Weaponsmith, Gunsmith, or Power Management. I had a ton of spare feats so I even took both Expertise and Recklessness (at 30 though).

Attached: file.png (1917x944, 302K)

>Why are you talking as if being a pacifist, means you gotta do everything?
Because by trying pacifism you gain nothing, but lose much, while you have to metagame like a motherfucker to not accidentally end up somewhere where you'd have to kill. It's not an alternative playtstyle, it's gutting your run for a self-imposed challenge. It won't open up new content for you, it won't reward you for your troubles, the game won't even recognize you are doing it. Any combat character will do everything you can do and much, much more. Pacifism is not a valid playstyle.

take 2, action: first three gladiators, mushroom boss thing, tchort

Bruh, you need sprint otherwise you will be miserable.

Do I? I mean, I'm going to have shitloads of CON and damage negation, I figure I can just waddle around a corner and let them come to me. I was considering taking TM for the free MP/AP though.

Maybe as an AR it isn't as bad, but I tried to play a Tincan Shotgun character with 3 AGI, and even got TM. It was pretty miserable. It is important to note that the movement points given by TM are still effected by your armor penalty, as in all it does is give action points basically.

What are you losing exactly user? You would lose on loot, but you are a pacifist so you don't need them, you lose at worst, exp, but you will still level enough. Most kill quests are pretty obvious, so you can avoid them, and they aren't many.You don't need to metagame either, you literally only need to dump points into stealth and pickpocket. Actually, wouldn't pickpocket let you steal oddities and unique loot?

>Seriously?
You have to kill Pulverizer, Bull's Eye, and Master Exploder.

>Undertail
Undertail

Attached: Undertail.png (1092x610, 1.28M)

How do you become a gladiator without killing the animals up to the gladiator fights?

The other two challengers can do it. Unless they die, then you are shit out of luck.

Maybe it is just me but whenever I do the arena a few of the retards always seem to die. Especially Mr. Sledge.

what's "tm"?

oh man, I need this.

>51% chance to hit serpents
Yep, that's it. Going to go beat the dock Aegis soldiers to death before I get some training from Razor to kill those fucking pests.

Titty Master

Temporal Manipulation. It is a Psionic school that is more for support than it is direct damage. It is a very useful school for pretty much any character because of two abilities you get by 55.

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psycho-temporal_Contraction

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Limited_Temporal_Increment

you can assist them with non-lethal stuff like caltrops, nets, and flashbangs
or various psi powers

based, thank you

thanks

>wyrm serpents/grugs auto combat on area transition

Why haven't styg released a single patch to fix all the issues?

Attached: 1372990374383.jpg (251x242, 12K)

who is this man

Attached: file.png (824x297, 275K)

Underrail Online when

1v1 pvp would suck, group pvp would be great. I'm down for it

Tungsten needs 9 str.

Yeah I realized that a few minutes ago, had to take a point out of CON for it. Is it a viable strategy to just stand there and let the enemies get into range, since I won't have any movement points or Sprint? I figure only snipers will give me a hard time.

Attached: file.png (1916x948, 313K)

PvP would consist of loses whoever have initiative, or whoever chases you first

I never finished this game, but I vaguely recall something about some race of people that lived super deep where you're not supposed to go and I was about to go there, but then I kinda just never launched the game again. How close was I to the end? This was back when it first released.

>Raid party
>5 squishy full psikers hiding behind Tungsten tank

>5
>Raid
It's not a raid if it's not a swarm of bugmen on voice comms.

>you can just savescum chromium rocks until they don't spawn bladelings

I'm guessing you are going JKK for this. JKK's very first quest is killing Bogdan. You can't complete it while he is still breathing.

Are the free drones really as bad as protectorate propaganda describes them?
So far actions directly observable by player were only aimed against protectorate military, meanwhile CAU seems derailed enough to attack random civilian trains within protectorate territory only to pin the blame on free drones or someone else opposing the unification.

Anyone know where I can get high quality foams? I need some high density up in this bitch.

We won't know until we see more of the North Underrail faction. The southern group doesn't have it in them, but it's said many times that the two branches are like day and night.

Gonna try a laser pistol / traps build with no psi. Is this a good stat spread?

Attached: 123123123.png (1366x768, 955K)

I dunno, man, aren't you smart enough to make your own build?

very bad
you need at least 5 str for steadfast aim
bad dodging, no psi, and bad con sounds like ass as well

I aways see thread for this game and looks great because i love old games. So, it is hard to start playing with no help? and how much time i can play without running out of content?

>he doesn't play classic XP for hard difficulty and above

If you're like me, you'll play a character to like 80% completion (~50 hours or so), then start over a new character. Over, and over, and over again.

You mean to make it easier by getting extra EXP from extra enemies and more of the rare monsters?

low int is going to mean that you'll have a very hard time making any good armor
getting good gear from shops isn't that reliable

Steam says I'm at 134 hours and I've only just now finished expedition and visited upper rail for the first time, which according to some posts here means I'm about 60-75% done.

I'm going to bumrush getting a house so I can get that crafting bonus

DEX is pointless for a laser pistol build.
You're not going to get any significant advantage on AP reduction and that also goes against Steadfast Aim in case you want to pump up your Plasma gun even further beyond
Consider Agility instead for Hit and Run and stealth utilities like Ambush since you don't want to use Psi.

Is putting 2 points into strength really worth it for steadfast aim alone? I was thinking it could be put to better use spending it on dexterity and get it to 10 asap to be able to shoot 4 times per turn.
I'm not grabbing psi because it's gay and I'm bored of it, I don't care if it's not practical combat-wise.
I don't plan on getting hit since I'm gonna use a doctor's coat and I'm grabbing trigger happy and paranoia for higher initiative.

>no psi
>3 AGI so probably no stealth or retarded
>no CON

so, how exctly are you planing to survive besides savescumming?

With 3(5) int and crafting bonus you'll only be able to craft a 4 armor plate high quality armor set by the end of the game. Intelligence makes a difference between getting to use the good shit only in the end or soon after Depot A. You have to weigh the gains and losses, but I think Int always wins.

>So, it is hard to start playing with no help?
If you love old games then no, you already have the right mindset to do things without help. There is nothing in the game that demands outside help.

>how much time i can play without running out of content?
A first playthrough will be around 100 hours. Could be much more, but not much less unless you skip and rush things. There are mutually exclusive factions, easily missable things, things locked behind psi and high intelligence, so that's good for replaying. But the different builds also feel different in action, so that's already enough to make you want to play several times.

That's convicent for me, I will start playing tomorrow

if you like exploring and dont rush the main quest then around 100hs, not counting the replaying value

do you have to kill him? it just says "find bogdan"

marty sells q100-110 stuff
ferryman too
I think constantine sometimes has good ones; not sure
harold does in the late game

play blind your first time
if you're having a really hard time and not having fun, come back here or the forums or the discord for help

Shit I forgot a 4 plate armor set has the 10% mechanics requirement for each additional plate, might have to revisit the character builder.

>I don't plan on getting hit since I'm gonna use an item that is literally useless
Are you retarded or going for a challenge run?
and yes, steadfast aim gives a huge crit bonus to plasma pistols
it would also let your wear a riot shield, which can be very good against things like burrower spawn
steadfast aim works on base ap cost, so getting more dex doesn't hurt you

>do you have to kill him? it just says "find bogdan"
Yes, I went out of my way to make sure. You can follow up on every hint and info you can get, talk to Jon, Gene, Kupusije, ask others, get his key and go to his room, find Bogdan, stun him and run away, but until he dies you don't get the dialog option to report in.

yeah, also stacking super steel plates might be better for you than trying to stack tungsten
VERY expensive, though

The answer is ALWAYS Constantine. You name it - he has it. But only the jewmasters with 95 mercantile get to see the good shit and a larger selection.

hmm
then it remains to be seen if you can do the warehouse quests without killing anybody

I should also point out that armor sloping is a good feat if you plan on stacking plates, and it needs 6 int

What if I'm just gonna stack 4 tungsten though? Even with sloping I'll hit 95% so it seems pointless.

Ok, is this any better?

Attached: 123123123123123.png (1366x768, 959K)

>hype to try out chempistol war crimes
>spend all my dosh rushing acid pew pew asap
>i'm broke as shit but fuck yes let's test this bad boi out, what's the next main quest
>Depot A
>everything is acid resist
i haff made beeg mistake

Attached: 1560019255595.jpg (480x467, 26K)

Combat didn't end, there must be an enemy around. He's stealthed too, so I have no idea where he is...

Attached: where is the stealthed enemy.jpg (1356x974, 309K)

>kill everything in every area
i didn't look at the image. that was your plan, right?

feel like shit just want her back

Attached: vivian.png (1353x481, 80K)

dont take armor sloping if you're going with extra plates

haha yes it's a bit rough early on
i think i was still using SMGs in Depot A
at least you have enough chemistry to make decent nades -- right?
you'll want mercantile too so you actually start seeing cryo collectors in shops

The only option is Coretech. You have to off De Pacino for Praetorian, but I think you can escape Zaman's dungeon without killing him, though not without a confrontation. That said I have serious doubts for your Coretech companions' fighting skill, especially against stealthed snipers.

Does a stealth + traps + psi build sound doable?

the idea was to have the easiest fights (not mutants) and the least amount possible without taking into consideration stealth/lockpicking/hacking so nearly any build can make it through with only one hard fight being the mutants at the end

If you're committed to tungsten, then no, but otherwise yes
tungsten is ok, but I'm really not a fan due to the armor penalty and weight

That's the standard "faceroll the entire fucking game" build, so yes.

Daddy's home.

Attached: Tungsten Tank.jpg (1024x768, 220K)

I sincerely hate people in real life with her kind of personality, and I'm not liking it any more in the game either.

Bet you're the faggot that wrote that guide earlier in the thread, right?

nah, a fully stacked super steel is only 60% with armor sloping

yeah I slapped together a half dozen magnesium 'tovs but I am legit out of money, this is gonna be touch and go. saw a cryo collector at junkyard but it was like 30something quality and I don't even have enough for another frame.

fuck man, I love this game at low level, scrounging up just barely enough shit to get by with creative cheesing.

Just read the energy pistol build on underrail forums if you're a brainlet, half the advices you got are shit too.

what is this resolution
and why does it look so comfy

Actually, no, I wasn't.
What's wrong, user, bothered by my mere existence?
Though shit

It's a nice resolution if you play windowed.

It's a 'My computer is a toaster but it can still run it' resolution
Yeah it's pretty good when shit actually runs on a potato

I saw this in the other thread and liked it. Not enough feats let me do what I want, which is live longer and not die, respectively. Thoughts on this bs or is it too niche?

>Veteran feat:
>Titanic

>While wearing an armor suit with an (unmodified) armor penalty of 85% or higher, reduces all damage taken by 8% and increases total health by 25%.

>Requirements:
>- Level 26
>- Strength 12
>- Constitution 10
>- Feat: Conditioning
>- Feat: Juggernaut

uma delicia

So close yet so far
Try again

Honestly at that point what's the difference between 60% and 95% for a low AGI, no dodge/evasion character? Like 10 MP? Why even bother? Why not just go all the way?

You're all the same down there.

It's extremely niche since only Metal armourfags will use it, yet is extremely useful
Also make it turns you B I G boy

High AGI shotgun build is pretty good fun. You can weave around and take cover pretty far away after popping off shots.

I'm sorry if you're uneducated enough to not be able to distinguish cultures
'Murican education

>'Murican education
So close yet so far
Try again

I'm sorry if you're uneducated enough to not be able to distinguish cultures
Shitskin education

well, if you went TM it would be more beneficial
but if you want to spend action points every time you move to shoot at some fag that's moving in and out of cover to shoot you go ahead
or I guess you could just spam more grenades around corners, but you don't have grenadier

kek

That would literally double the player sprites. They'd have to make a new model for every armor and make the sprites with every possible weapon combination and animation. You are asking the impossible.

Well, with boot springs or tabis you will be able to move 2 squares and I hear it can reach 95% mech resist too. Armor sloping and a supersteel set would be a straight upgrade when you can actually afford it and be able to craft it.

>taking psi

Attached: 1564513419677.jpg (379x364, 30K)

>Not having fun

are chem pistols silent? i know energy pistolas are.

But you're a psionic, Harry. Don't take the blue pill.

We /ideaguying/ here? Ok here's my addition. This change is meant to give a purpose to leveling science skills past the requirement for the best gear (such as pumping them to 300)

>For every effective skill point on Mechanics and Tailoring that is above the requirement to craft a weapon or armor, the crafted item gains a 0,2% bonus to damage (if it's a weapon), DR and DT (if it's armor).

>playing the same build every game because MUH UTILITY
Whatever dude, enjoy your 45 psychokinesis, 55 temporal manipulation, 70 throwing and 110 of each crafting for the 1000th time

>Implying I'm running a pure wizard
>Impling I'm not a hybrid build

If anything, they should just slow durability loss for their respective equipment

Neither of them are silent, they're only the quietest of the things that make noise.

Sword and Board is really fun. I'm having a blast shrugging off and bashing bladelings then feeding them my energy edge.

That's boring. Durability is barely a problem.

That is if the game has static sprites.
Some 2d games combine various leg, arm, torso, head and weapon sprites at runtime.

That's not what he's implying.

you don't have to play psi, but playing with no psi, no MP, and no grenadier is truly suffering

Sure, but make it a feat that requires 10 int.

>especially against stealthed snipers.
well, you can help with that with flares/flashbangs/nets/hopper traps/yell/etc

its way too strong
extra 80 health is great on dominating

>That is if the game has static sprites.
It has. There's a reason why you always wear a wetsuit on jet ski, why Red Dragon looks like a generic machete with generic machete animations on any armor except Aran's, and why savage weapons transform into generic weapons when you equip them.

of course they needed something to make up for being filthy weak ass northerners who can't win against a couple of savages who don't use guns

Attached: 20190905192411_1.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

Says the pansy squishy who hides behind his allies

Attached: 'I think Lemuria sucks'.jpg (1024x768, 238K)

That's still 3 against something like 20 mercenaries, and pretty well equipped ones. The odds are not good.

its doable though

he says close to death and a fucking glacier

>hopper traps
what
what do these do I have never tried to use them for anything

I dunno, sounds like savescumming hell. But give it a go, and give us the try count.

YES! YES!

NOW IT BEGINS!

Attached: 20190905194015_1.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

They catch cave hoppers

Yet I survived a bar fight with 4 Nagas, although barely

Attached: 20190825152207_1.jpg (1024x768, 215K)

Try Age of decadence, sounds like your game akthough its very minmax heavy

I think they just lower peoples move points, but more importantly it should take somebody out of stealth

yeah sure, just need to get my pacifist build to core city, gimme a sec
nigger are you kidding me

I'll get back to you when I do that same exact thing in, like, an hour.

first, i need to bomb proof some gear

do i need more

Attached: file.png (1340x582, 1.03M)

The easiest way to catch hoppers was to jump into turn-based when you were right up on them.

Nothing much. Hopper traps don't work on humans.

Shotguns are comically loud, everyone rushes over to see what happened every time.

I don't see the issue, you don't need a pacifist build to test it. You have your high Agi build, that can substitute for one. You are only doing support here.

.44 pistols are loud as fuck too.

I'M THE BIGGER HAMMER

Attached: 20190905235703_1.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

Huh, it's actually a thing

Attached: 1553176386188.png (1913x1074, 2.17M)

well, I do
I need a build based around a pacifist run.

Something like this

Attached: pacifist.png (1583x681, 111K)

Derailed zoner, you won't make it to 30 as a pacifist. But godspeed.

Steadfast aim is shit, it becomes weaker as your ap costs get smaller

well they started to get near the top of the stairs but thankfully warcrimes were enough

More ideaguy thoughts.

>Strength and Constitution also contribute to your Intimidation skill along with Will, so if your physical stats are low they also lower your intimidation
Since pure PSi builds often have low physical stats, and intimidation requires little investment, this would force them to put more points into intimidation. It also gives brute retards a reason to level a social skill like Intimidation while making intuitive sense that a strong guy would be imposing.

>Conditioning starts giving additive damage reduction bonuses after every point in CON above 10, reducing mechanical, heat and cold damage by 2%, 3%, 4%... and so on for every point in CON above 10.
Imagine you have Conditioning. This gives you 10% dmg reduction, up to 10 CON where it gives you normal 15% dmg reduction. At 11 CON, you gain 17% dmg reduction. At 12 CON, you gain 20% dmg reduction. At 13 CON, you gain 24% dmg reduction... and so on, up to 20 CON for a whopping 80% damage reduction. You'll likely never achieve these numbers unless you only put points in CON during level ups and eat CON food and wear CON equipment, so your offensive arsenal will be much weaker, but it's a fun addition for those that are willing to be absolute tanks by sacrificing attack power.

Steadfast aim uses base AP instead of effective AP. It always give the same bonus to the same pistol type.

well fuck i read it wrong

thats why I didnt both taking a lvl 30 feat
some of them arent necessary anyway

For real? So I'll have the same crit chance bonus during all shots in the turn?
If I take adrenaline is my base AP now 70?

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Steadfast_Aim

It uses the base action point cost for your weapon. For example, if you use a .44 hammerer, which has a base action point cost of 40, steadfast aim will always give you 15% bonus crit.

Pure psi builds don't take intimidation to begin with. I would take throwing if anything, and that requires sacrifices too.
That conditioning is way too strong, with numbers that high you'll be immortal with regenerative vest or maybe even just hypos alone.

>tfw released University rejects

Oh okay, I read it wrong.
So it's not worth it for a laser pistol build, since the base action cost is 15 AP so it only gives a 2,5% crit chance bonus

>So it's not worth it for a laser pistol build
>What are Plasma guns
3INT isn't good for an energy pistol build, zoner.

pickpocketing reveals some interesting lore
who thought moe was from SGS

Attached: file.png (357x180, 12K)

holy shit i wasted my life on a dex dump pistol character because apparently we zoners cant fucking read

>Tchortist gal cornered and trapped by a giant, burning metal man
Imagine the horror she felt

Attached: 20190906002236_1.jpg (1024x768, 265K)

You'll literally just shoot once per turn with a plasma pistol, might as well just use it with Aimed Shot for guaranteed crit. I just can't see why it's worth putting 2 points in strength + a feat point for a measly 15% crit chance with guns you'll just use ocassionally on very tanky enemies.

Stop saying "literally" and "just".

I don't think you'll be even close to it though.
If my headcount is right you can already forget about 148 oddity exp from things you have to kill to drop an oddity. Even assuming you can pickpocket and steal everything else, and that's a big assumption since stealthing and pickpocketing savages will be near maybe even fully impossible, you can also forget about some other oddities like CAU or Kokoschka's, because you can't advance far enough in Protectorate questline without killing, and in Free Drones you can't advance at all.

You can't get exp from Arena or Gauntlet, nor finish the Beast quest, or the Black Eels quest, or do any of the Preservation quests. You can't become a pirate, and Aegis might not survive till the end if you can't support them properly or genocide the savages.

You'll be missing a lot of exp is what I'm saying. A very huge amount.

Aimed shot takes three turns to cooldown.
>I just can't see why it's worth putting 2 points in strength + a feat point for a measly 15% crit chance with guns you'll just use ocassionally on very tanky enemies.
Because when you stack it with other feats like recklessness and/or scrutinous it becomes pretty fucking useful on Dominating.

Fucking mind freaks REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 20190906002946_1.jpg (1024x768, 314K)

you can get some enemies to fight each other with just noise

my favourite activity is getting anything in the area to fight death stalkers for me

That's really stretching the meaning of pacifism, but alright.

is f9 war crime autism mandatory on dominating?

>F9 fest
>War crimes
Pick one

What would you want exp for? With high int and will you'll get the social stats high enough to pass every check soon after Depot A

Super Bomber Man, eat your fucking heart out

Attached: 20190905204436_1.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Stealth, for one. He has no crafting whatsoever. And he still has to kill Tchort somehow in the end.

i don't know what i expected

Attached: file.png (359x184, 12K)

General Store in Core City sells a blast suit often, maybe all the time.

I'm fucking ready for you four this time.

Attached: 20190905204843_1.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

Oh mighty tin wizard, I need your help! Look at all this damage I'm taking! It's too much, man! My fine leather-clad ass just can't tank it! Truly, you were correct that tin man cans are the only ones who can do this!

Attached: 20190905205055_1.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

Is 10% crit the best I can get out of an infused rathound armor?

Cant you hack the Plasma turrets to join you?
Can you set EMP mines around the nagas?
Do you have Very high shield?

Dont fight them if you cant, it's a bitching fight to take

Does anything special happen if you do the beast fight without any assistance?

where is this?
I finished the DLC but i don't recognize this area

bre, take a close look at what's happening

>autism intensifies

It is underneath Port Crag, the eastern pirate outpost. It's through the tower lighthouse thing.

I only 2 Nagas, seeing no remains of other 2 destroyed Nagas, means there other 2 Nagas outside your field of view, meaning you're still fighting 4 Nagas.

Which wont end good for you if that's the case

...I can't believe you took that seriously.

Attached: 20190905210226_1.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

I got 3 INT and PER, what did you expect?
Anyways good job

Pretending to be an NPC

Someone has now actually defeated the four naga fight on Dominating with their bare hands...

autistic styg nerf when?

If stygian coins possess inherent value, why don't super steel plates have 30000+ value?

throw some flares around nigga.

i would guess nobody else knows the value of them because you are the person that just made them possible to manufacture again

I was making a funny, you can see his shield giving away his position. I just walked into him and dumped some boarshot into him.

I forgot that coins have 30 value, not 10, but you get the idea.

shit you're right.
I thought it was some sort of bug where the dead guys shield was still active.

>Got a bunch of valuable shit
>No merchant wants it
ASSHOLES BUY MY BUG SHELLS IT'S GOOD SHIT FUCK
I don't wanna be encumbered!

There's only one thing to do.

Attached: 1546735499989.jpg (531x54, 13K)

You're wrong, I just remembered that Halim has a super steel bracelet and Praetorians made 2 super steel statues they have in front of their headquarters. People should know exactly how much purified super steel is worth.

i've been planning builds more time than i've been playing the game. this shit is nto fun. icam focusing too much on the end results instrad of having fun on the process.
so fuck it, i'm going with whatever i find fun (without going full retard of course, still gotta put a little thought on your playstyle). perfectly optimal builds offer too little challenge anyway, and i love good challenges

they have more value as currency than the value of their utility as super steel plates, that's the only explanation. the vast, vast majority of underrail apparently can't get 3k charons of value out of 3 plates of supersteel

its not my fault if they kill each other

no
with skinner its higher
and augmented rathounds can supposedly drop up to q72

What s a better leveling stratedgy?
Pour all points into one skill per level or jack of trades it?

What do mean? that's some primo merchandise there jack.

The skill cap raises by five per level.

Are traps good, I read somewhere they got nerfed? I mean, are they not completely terrible to use?

Pretty close, huh?

the skill itself is not really the most useful because what you'll be using for the most part is bear traps which have no skill requirement
having high trap skill can help you detect traps though and if you really want you could use the other things like mines or chem traps which actually have skill requirements but for the most part rooting somebody in place for two turns is more than enough

Really, Zoner?

Attached: 20190905222401_1.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

Ah, dominating.

Styg really should make jet ski combat less of a fucking chore.

Attached: 20190905223607_1.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

it's also worth noting that you can't aimed shot and execute at the same time if you choose to take execute
it's worth it on some builds, particularly chem pistol or shatter builds

Holy shit, the fuck is this? I haven't had this drop yet.

Attached: 20190905224734_1.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

>Inventory weight is removed when you have an item in the crafting window
Well, that makes lugging tungsten around easier

>When you accidentally fail to pixel hunt one itty bitty pixel above your trap and have to savescum
Excellent fucking game styg, you fucking hack.

sneaky

You can just hold shift to disarm traps without getting accidental move orders.

well that's convenient.
The controls aren't exactly prim-o. I swear the times I've fucked up because the inventory window was a few invisible pixels over the thing I wanted to picklock fast...

Where can I get high quality (150+) foam padding?

maybe free drones if you're really lucky. I usually jump at 130+ and use it for my endgame armor

Fighting Deathstalkers with a shield specc'd character is hilarious. It's cathartic to see them be unable to do anything outside of the occasionally lucky sting crit

how bad is the accuracy drop for Point Shot? thinking about it for my chem pistol man to squeeze an extra shot in for a measly 10 ap

For my 10 per firearms pistol character, it's barely noticeable at 3 squares, about a 30% precision drop at 6/7ish squares, and anything past that isn't worth trying.

>restart after a couple hours to put together a more sensible build
>trying to rescue the hostages from the raiders in the GMS compound
>set a bear trap outside and prepare to run and lock myself in the security room to cheese them with the turret like I did last playthrough
>shoot the leader to initate combat
>crit, instantly dead
>raider runs into my beartrap
>shoot the raider that ran out with him
>crit, instantly dead
>shoot the trapped raider
>crit, instantly dead
...okay then. Thanks RNG gods, I guess.

Attached: 1428798595470.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Should I level up lockpicking and hacking?

If you have the spare points.

I had the same shit happen to me right now.
>Trap the entrance
>Shoot the female raider
>crit and dead
>the two with machine guns run out, both burst fire at me
>miss
>kill one
>leader bursts fires at me and hits
>survive with 1 hp
>laugh in mind bullets at him and instantly walk into the beartrap as you try to disarm it

Keep an eye on what skill level the objects you're encountering require and skill up a bit beyond that.
Also pick up the MKII tools since they'll give you a +5 to their respective skills.

I managed to beat it without killing any big mutants.

Which enhancement should I be crafting energy pistols with?

amplified

Never played this game but I've lurked a bit in your threads. How is it you fellas keep making 500+ replies threads? Is autism? Is the game just that good? Explain.
>I still would prefer seeing these kinds of threads instead of Smash Bros or Classic WoW shitposting

>NORMAL LAS
The best amplifier you can, also an efficiency one if you want to use it as your primary gun or a smart one if you dont care about energy and wanna just use it as a aimed shot gun. With crit stacking, its best if you use it as an amp but up to you.
>ELECTROSHOCK
Polarizer and amp, since it not only weakens people agaisnt las, but with a crit it really mows people down, does cc and polarizes them, granting extra crit chance that the aformentioned amped las pistol can capitalize on.
>PLASMA BLASMA
Amp and smart module, you are not using this gun as a default ever, you are using it for executes and crit shots to wipe people off this earth.

Good game, good autism, a solid playerbase, the wiki being mostly incomplete, veterans and newbies congregating here, new DLC that rocked our boats off and gave us tons of shit to figure out, deeper than deep lore for people to discuss, so on.

Its an amazing game. Flawed sometimes, but its legitimately one of the best videogames I ever spent over 500 hours on, without a singular regret.

The game is good. Also DLC just dropped, lots of new players flock to the threads to ask questions because the wiki is not up to date yet.

rpg of the decade

I agrere with the others. You're making it sound like throwing is the second coming of jesus when the game can be perfectly played without it, it's just really helpful.
This also feels like it was though for hard/domnating, which is bad given this should be for new players.

Holy fuck the burrower cave is hard even with a psyzard. How they're not overrunning everything with hp and numbers like that I don't understand.

I always just bunkered up in the little shitting shed on the eastern side of the map, one you end up in when you come up. Set traps, molotov some niggas and then just wait for them to kill themselves.

*sends the Invictus packing*
heh

Attached: locust-1.jpg (800x470, 306K)

Tell me how to kill burrowers efficiently. I just can't deal with 'em, on Hard.

Eliminate big guys first. Use ap. Use HE. Use flashbangs. Use psionics. Use snipers. Wear riot armor to dab on melee and low low shields to dab on their ranged attacks.

Molotovs, shield emitters, don't be afraid to fall back since those don't regenerate.

>Biocorp are the only based supercorporation
My opinion of them did a complete 180 after playing the game for long enough.

For the better though, yeah? Expedition paints them as heroes.

What difficulty is that.
This guy oneshotted me when right at the start of his turn, and I only took 1/5 hp with a crossbow hit.

Crossbows are best when you treat them as true sniper builds that can at max shoot four times. Use your special bolts user. Use caltrops and shit too.

Many special bolts make crossbows shine, but I just thought that they had damage comparable to other weapons, but seems like they're only intended to be used with special bolts.

Mine crossbow at lvl 12 deals 1,5-2 damage per AP, it isn't crafted or anything, and silent shots are useful on occasions.

Burrowers tend to be tough due to zerg rushes with a gorillion spawns and mama burrowers pelting you with poisoned stingers AND shitting more eggs which turn into spawns in a couple of turns, which means you need to have both good defenses and AoE.
A shotgun wizard has probably the easiest time against burrowers compared to most other builds.

Proxy and tele punch kinda trivialize them too

Guys, I restricted myself from taking grenadier, shit's too powerful.

>A shotgun wizard has probably the easiest time against burrowers compared to most other builds
Same goes for all enemies, really. The only time I felt useless was when the natives attacked Aegis.

How does that chastity cage feels, user?

Fucking lmao, nice one zoner.

Attached: 1567439858587.jpg (605x948, 165K)

Felt like shit turning to the pirates team given how bro Ladelman is.
The Pirates merchant is pretty crazy too though

I took Snipe instead.

Your karma is fine unless you beat a helpless old man to death.

Attached: oops.png (1313x257, 93K)

Jesus

wait a minute, this game is made by russians?

that explains why windows defender goes crazy every time I start this shit up

serbs

Tchort is Evolution

And Evolution is Tchort.

You fucking animal. You actual fucking savage. That guy is one of the most innocent men in the entire expedition, shit, the entire black sea. I may be willing to gas bandits, i may be willing to kill hobos, but Oldfield is too fucking far.

Look at this banga

It crosses the line so hard even the pirates condemn your actions.

Look at this fucking asshole. Even by southerner standards, this shit is wrong. He is seriously just a dorky old man from Dis, and you torture and punch him to death. Thats not fucking cool you Sormibaren wanabee.

t. Northerners

Fucking Sormibaren, Biocorp had a good reason to wipe you all the fuck out, you actual heartless bastards.

Attached: 1566915160953.png (763x679, 48K)

I've executed Cornell for what they've done to the Bakers, this deserves nothing better.
The professor begs you to stop. Grim flat out tells you to stop. Continuing makes you an animal.

You just don't do that man, that's being as savage as the tin cans, Oldfield is a defenseless old man who didn't do anything wrong and even Captain Grims doesn't approve.

Truly, worse than the scalies.

Sormirbaren is better, they at least do it for ritualistic reasons. May be wrong, but hey, their galaxy eating space snake is very real. Of all the things you can decide to worship, that one actually makes some amount of sense.

>as savage as the cans
I'll spare the professor for this
Cans are the scum of Underrail

This game desperately needs some feats that require high skill levels to get. It is disappointing that you can access like 90% of feats with ~70 skill. I really wish there were more 100-120 skill requirement feats. It would really make the later levels a lot more fun in my opinion. It sucks when you hit level ~20 and it takes forever to level up and when you do you're picking some low level utility feat just because you got nothing better to do. Even the Veteran feats are mostly just based around stat points and not skills.

Attached: 1567425660415.png (510x546, 19K)

Play as a spear wizard.

I will, just gotta finish my current run first.

kill all psioniggers

Are you prepared to sudoku?

but i'm a real human bean, not a mutant

Serbians

You are psionic on a genetic level. The pill activates you, but it could naturally happen any time. If Styg wanted to, he could activate every player character for Underrail 2 without the pill.

So are you prepared to take your life?

Where did the wizard touched you, user?
Its okay, this is a safe space

Want to play a firearm pistol user even though I know they aren't that great. What are must have perks for this?

if that's what it takes to make underrail pure, yes
but only after i take 10 of you with me to the ground

different ways of going about it
you could go for low ap, a lot of shots build with gunslinger and high dex
or you could go for the crit deagle build with steadfast aim (and maybe even temporal manipulation so you can fire twice with that one ability that gives you extra ap)

user how you gonna plan to take down a tin can wizard?
Or a though controller?

>though

with the most powerful weapon a man has, his smarts
also gas chambers

Englis bad, bre

I break it in four, hehehe

What did bre mean with dis

>thought control
>not thot control

You think Ezra dabbles in some thot control? He does completely overpower you that one time...

>Riot armor made with super steel and sporting a giant shield has less resistance than a piece of leather armor

Attached: 1567459579512.jpg (246x250, 20K)

SS is for chumps

I agree

bump

Play as a shotgun wizard.

Learn to let go.

The .44 hammerer is so cool.
I wish it didnt suck. Styg should lower its AP cost to 25. Maybe like 27 so you need a bunch of dexterity to fire it twice.

Play as a hammer wizard

Learn to fucking kys

Play as a wizard wizard

I think I lost interest in game after those retarded Tchortists take cube

Attached: 1567466067844.jpg (1920x1080, 464K)

So you never saw the Institute or DC?

Yep. Maybe just burned out.

.44 hammerers don't suck. They're just completely centered around special attack crits so firing it normally isn't important. You'll be cycling around Rapid Fire, Execute, Point Shot, Kneecap Shot, and aimed shot and you'll want smart modules and crit damage out the ass.
As long as you don't get unlucky with RNG, you'll be deleting multiple enemies per turn with phat crits. Rapid Fire + Explosive bullets is also pretty nifty on enemies that aren't completely unarmored to justify JHP or heavily armored to justify W2C.

>you get unique knife from Coretech quest
>not from JKK
The fuck?

Technically Zaman's lair is open, and not locked to a questline in particular

Go to bed, Sawyer.

too bad the game will never EVER have mods because Styg is lazy and autistic

>I ask when it goes on sale
>it goes on sale the next day
B A S E D

He's not nearly as innocent as he'd have you believe
He knows damn well what the acorn actually is and just refuses to tell you out of fear you'll keep it (justified fear but hey)

>creates the best crpg gameplay this decade on the same budget as bioware uses to animate a single toe
>lazy

I'll give you autistic though

I don't think he knows, at least doesn't know anything more than his mobile habitat theory. Which very well could be exactly what this Acorn does, but he doesn't seem to know about Acorns in general. If you tell him it's nanomachines he seems surprised.

If you consider this lazy show us that monumental project you've worked on. I'm not even kidding it must be fucking impressive going by your standards.

user. Hiding information about Godmen tier tech that for all intents and purposes can make an entire new fucking habitat and a new goddamn Dis/Hexagon/Whatever is perfectly justified.

Beating an old, weak, innocent defenseless man to death is not okay. Even if he doesnt tell you about the Acorn.

Also fun fact niggers. You can present the acorn to the Foundry faceless. They grt slightly annoyed and say that aint it chief.

>too bad the game will never EVER have mods
Thank fuck.

>You can present the acorn to the Foundry faceless. They grt slightly annoyed and say that aint it chief.
Kek. Got a screenshot?

I would stop beating him if he just told me.

Correction. They get slightly annoyed you cant open it, THEN they say "that aint it chief".

Might be able to fetch it later, yeah. Gimme like 20-30, waiting on the bus.

Thanks user.

My favorite activity.

>slightly annoyed you cant open it
What the fuck do they expect? Bunch of face zoners.

More ideaguying, this one is meant to balance psi.

>You can only spend 15 skill points in the Psi school category at character creation, and 5 skill points in each level up.
This would mean you *can* become an all-around mage, but at the cost of each psi school being less individually effective since you have to distribute points across all of them, rather than if you specialized in only one or two. You either put all five skill points in a single school per level up, or distribute them across more schools.

They shouldn't be annoyed anyway, they never gave you a description of the Cube. You brought them a rare artifact of Godmen technology, that's above and beyond of what can be expected from some random scavenger who stumbled into your cave. Man, the Faceless really are autists.

That's pretty unfun. You are forcing the player to spend 35 points on everything except the one thing their build is intended to do.

I think you guys are giving too much credit for how much information the faceless have. They might know about the tech as much as the other people do, and expecting someone like you to know how to open is totally not out of ordinary because you probably might be someone important from a organization. Aran knew quite a lot what the cube does as well.

Jesus Christ, just stop. We're not reddit where some idiot gets an idea and posts it before getting dogpiled by the few sensible people telling that faggot what he thinks should be in the game is too much.

That would absolutely destroy any attempt at making a pure psi character. You're acting as though pure psi is a god mode character that beats dominating for free.

It's probably the worst ideaguy suggestion I've heard so far.

I'd rather Styg buff the underpowered weapons than nerf PSI. It's a single player game so I don't give a shit if PSI is OP.

Not the same guy but styg do need to balance psi and make them be able to miss. Make it scale with int for accuracy

>every weapon takes huge ass penalties on aiming in jet ski
>except psi

epic

Guys, I know how to balance psi. Taking the red pill either takes away your legs or eyesight, so you either play the game normally but with the black screen, or you stay in SGS and fix electronics instead of the guy who got murdered.

Sweet fucking jesus christ, you people and your ""((([[[attempts]]])))""" at balancing psi are so, so fucking retarded that it has to be a goddamn attempt at false flagging for (You)'s, this is just so, so fucking stupid I refuse to believe people this braindead exist.

What the fuck is your issue, you absolute retard.

Attached: 1563903077237.jpg (334x485, 134K)

Nah, just give psi a chance to hit and cap it at 95%
That's it

Dont nerf builds and strategies
Buff the other builds

Why the fuck is this considered the bad route. Leave psi as good, remove 95% cap for everyone, buff other shit, allow for fun build experimentation and for meme unviable ones to be atleast half good.

Wow, shocker, people like to be powerfull in an rpg. Cant have that and gotta nerf fucking everything for that sweet, sweet e-peen of saying I beat the game on Dominating, amirite guys?

Attached: 1561275445179.png (630x712, 499K)

Nah, Styg just needs to raise the aim cap from 95% to a 100%. That's it.

>You're acting as though pure psi is a god mode character that beats dominating for free.
This is objectively accurate though

More hybridized feats / skills would do more for the game than straight nerfing psi.

Look at what something like Corporeal Projection spawned: a melee/psi hybrid possibility thanks to strength pulling double duty on telekinetic abilities. Therm Destabalization allowed for the old xbow/metatherm builds. Versatility is sitting there waiting for interesting weapons combinations to have feats hybridize them together. Guns/Melee? Why hasn't psi-cognitive interruption spawned some kind of anti-psionic specialized build? Where's an elemental bolts + metathermics feat?
Where's all the hybrids? Why did styg stop at punch monk?

Don't try to squeeze in your easy mode here, it's about a retarded "idea guy". Go be insecure elsewhere.

Is steadfast aim worth investing 2 point in strenght for a energy pistol build?

>It's another epiode of PSItards lose their shit when people justifiably point out it's grossly OP.
kek

>or you stay in SGS and fix electronics instead of the guy who got murdered
Hey, I deserve that job. My place is in the Engineering and Cyber Labs, not digging for drill parts in a mutant junkyard. Hear me, Tanner? Fuck your drill.

Attached: gib job.png (1301x183, 25K)

Besides hammer wizard and psi monk, psychokinesis doesnt have much sync with anything else
In theory, Stealth builds could benefit from investing big time in TC, mostly because Neurovisual Disruption + LoS could basically make you escape and hide from an angry mob
There is burning man build for metathermics but it's actually a joke build, not to be taken seriously

I got my own batch of ideas, abilities, feats and an unique weapon too

Man firearm pistols might be underpowered compared to the rest of the weapons, but they sure are fun to use.

fuck off back to your hole and make me some modding tools Styg

So is a lot of other shit and no one tries to fix them.

yeah, probably. it's so damn tough to fit those points into that build though, since you'd need str/dex/per/agi

no, ambush is way better
only plasma really benefits a lot out of steadfast, while every single energy pistol benefits from ambush

>Where's all the hybrids?
Why doesn't Cryogenic Induction work with Cryoblob pistols. Why doesn't it work with Cryogas grenades. Why the fucking hell doesn't it work with the most useless of blob traps? The secrets of our benevolent slav overlord's mind are not meant to be known to us mere mortals.

People figured out how to mod a miriad of games with no "modding tools" stop being a shitter and go make your own you zoomer.

>too bad the game will never EVER have mods
And that's a good thing.
I still remenber what happened to Darkest Dungeon threads.

I took snooping and invested 2 specialization points in it
And I regret nothing

why can't I run around horrifying the peasantry with a spear, riot gear, and an exotherm aura that...doesn't scale at all with effective skill AND doesn't pop pyromaniac?
Is styg thinking that it would make 4 schoolers unassailable in melee range? prevent casting other psionics while it's active. fuck. something, anything would make the literal "fireball and ice spike wizard school" more interesting to play

yeah let me just modify these obfuscated .NET modules that only make sense to the autist that made them

Actually I got a bunch of ideas like boosting your Throw Spear and Impale spear abilities with electrical psychokinesis abilities
Also have a specific Telekinetic ability to pick up your spear from distance, long cooldown tho

Fucking this, change it to straight cold damage/fire damage feats. Chem pistols are neat as hell but once you've made your gun and taken the grand total of 2 related feats, there's nothing else to do with them. Even energy pistols have mostly crafting related feats. Almost all the gun-shooting feats are specific to firearms.

Give us an ability to drain the entire battery in one shot for a short but wide cone attack. Or something, anything. Chem/energy builds feel like most of the fun is scrounging up the parts and skill levels as soon as possible, and then once you've built it there's nothing else to do but pew pew and maybe some temporal contractions so you can pew pew pew instead.

>obfuscated
>only make sense to the autist that made them
Uh, user.

based and funpilled

Attached: 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111.png (986x42, 6K)

Exothermic aura is broken by itself because any melee enemy usually avoid it, even if they are like 2 feet away from you, i had enemies who got out of melee distance from me just to go away.

Neverminding how it gives you fire immunity and how big the fire path it leaves, so when you walk a corridor and lose los, your enemies literally suicide in it to get to you for some god knows reason, specially since they try avoiding you in the first place when you are burning and close.

Are you saying I shouldn't get excited about cryoblobbing?

Shit AI tanks another part of the game, much like having allies in any given fight
Enemies can't figure out that avoiding 12 damage isn't worth more than taking 12 damage and murdering the thing that caused that 12 damage. Underrail enemies would rather die in a corner than on their feet

You know, there is something incredibly satisfying about running circles around the Shadowlith and killing Void Beasts with ground fire.

would a unique chem pistol that uses poison as ammo and deals bio damage be a good idea or not?

cryo guns are literally a worse fire and acid. It has the highest chance to cc someone but it does less damage and cc isn't as effective.

The acid gun is the best one because it leaves a damaging field, it roots people for 2 turns, and it stacks the acid debuff with the chemical belt, you will be doing something like 600 damage over 2 turns per shot if they are rooted. Fire is similar except more damagw at cost of them running away from you, which usually isn't very good but it has a nice chance of proccing versus being rooted.

Meanwhile you got cryo guns, that have the highest chance of ccing, But as soon you shoot again their cc is broken and it doesn't do any damage while they are cced. Styg needs to make freezing good. I like ice.

nah, just cap gas grenade stacks at 10. that's all the bio the player should have access to anyways. nothing resists acid as is, let alone bio

Pure psi IS godly though, that's the problem. An all-around mage right now is the most powerful build of the game. Everything else pales in comparison, it needs to be nerfed.

You can still be a pure psi mage with my suggestion, and have most powers of all schools in your arsenal, but none of them will be as powerful as if you specialized in only one school. But what said is true, you'll have 35 skill points left with my little tweak which you'll need to spend somewhere else. So I have a better idea to balance psi:

>When your base skill in one or more PSI schools is lower than your base skill of your best PSI school, putting skill points in lower schools costs twice, thrice or four times as many skill points, depending on how low they are in comparison to the other PSI schools.
Imagine you're at character creation and you have 60 skill points to spend. You level Thought Control to 15, and have 45 skill points remaining. You then level Psychokinesis to 15, and now you have **15** skill points remaining, because leveling Psychokinesis to match your Thought Control skill costed 2 skill points per Psychokinesis skill, for a total of 30 skill points for 15 in Psychokinesis). Finally, you use your remaining 15 skill points to level Metathermics to 5, and now you have *no* skill points remaining, because putting each skill point in Metathermics costed 3 skill points due to being your third lowest PSI skill (behind Thought Control and Psychokinesis).

Now you'll have to specialize in one (or two max) PSI schools if you want spare skill points for other non-psi stuff.

Could be good. It's a better idea than the contaminated ammo of sniper rifles at least, another of Underrail's mysteries for the ages.

What part of stop do you not understand, you retard?

Add sledgehammer equivelant of Force Emisssion
Add a telekinetic boosted Super Slam
Add an ability to become a literal Tesla Coil and zap any melee attackers that hit you. Only for metal armour wearers.
Lighting spear
Telekinetic grab back spear.
Cold and heat empowered edged weapon, knifes and swords
Ice and fire equivalent of electrokinetic imprint
Feat buffing electrokinesis and electrokinetic imprint

Add a fucking lighting unique hammer
Give DOMINATING Balor Thick Skull, Last Stand, Stoicism and Sprint

>let alone bio
Robots, mutants, snails, worms, tchortlings, mushrooms. It's like the second most common resistance after mechanical.

Why is Balor so fucking strong anyway? Even at level 30 you can only have as much as 18 strength by natural means.

There is always this notion that the most powerful build must always be nerfed. Never should the bad builds be buffed, never should a build be godly, never should a build be able to capitalize on the purposefully fine tuned abilities it was given to be strong. Never.

Nevermind that beartraps, gas grenades, caltrops, molotovs and acid traps exist and can trivialize everything, even the designated bullshit dificulty. Disregard that you can even pacifist the entire game bar 3 or 4 enemies. Disregard that a pure guns character can still output ridiculous damage and be the easiest most retard proof way of playing with just about, if not more, success than psi. Nevermind that people who whine about psi are the kind who use the afformentioned before and whine and whine despite the game being specificaly designed to make psionics good even for non psi's with exped. Nevermind they still wont rally for other things to be buffed and fun, just for fun to be nerfed.

Nevermind any of that. Nerf psy.

Attached: 1563846221474.png (100x100, 11K)

it could make sense if the 12.7mm ammo was given an "overkill" mechanic where if your damage was vastly over the health of what you're shooting at, it'd penetrate fully and hit whoever's standing behind him for reduced damage

Because he's the ultimate hammerchad

Jesus calm down Six

seething godmanchild, the days of your crutch are numbered

Have six

Ill show you a six, right now, you filthy three dimentional worm.

Attached: 1564265819763.png (800x450, 144K)

I died

see

Play as a balancing wizard.

Ah, Dominating.

Attached: 20190906121727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

Im more than fine with extra psionic hybridization and feats user, hell, I very much would like it, but shitting on psi alone is not the answer. Especialy so terribly as many here do.

How do I make a spear chucking riot shield bashing memer?

?Eg4GBwUDAwYAZABkAAAoQUEAAFtbHjlbAAAARgAAACs5JsKCwq8GwpTCqsKTwqxLEt-_

Put this on the build maker website.

By getting spear/riot armour related feats
There, solved it for you

Let me coat my spear in acid vials god dammit
Or at least poison vials, come on.

Attached: 1555394532244.png (254x243, 22K)

Newbie build questions. I'm doing MT+TM Sniper.
Is getting 7 agi for hit and run worth it or should I just stick to sprint? Should I stack crit feats? How is pyrokinesis compared to HE nades?

redpill me on energy edge emitters

You can be like Six senpai. Travel the Inbetween and poke things with energy swords.

Biocorp did nothing wrong.

If you're going for mobile Sniper then might as well grab Sprint, Hit and Run AND Strafe
HE grenades are slightly better against robots, but Pyrokinesis is a great mob control ability, specially with Pyromania, best used against Organics

do it, anons.
come up with hybrid feat ideas better than "lmao fire shwoord"
these are shit

See I can make up all the stats on the spot but heh
Thread's 'bout to die soon anyways

Thanks, I'll try all three of them. So if I'm getting Strafe, should I dump all my remaining points into Evasion and get Shield Emitter for range guys or vice versa?

Alright, how about this for guns temporal
>Kinetic Acceleration
Every time you shoot a mechanical pistol, it creates a stack of Acceleration, up to 10, which reduces shot ap cost by 1. Any kill done under this effect increases the stack maximum by 2 and increases stack ammount by 3, to a absolute maximum of 20.

>Psychological warfare
Every attack you do on a weapon reduces resolve and rolls a chance to fear your enemy, depending on your intimidation and thought control levels.

>Biological Overheating
Grant yourself a buff that increases movement speed and strength for a limited time whilst actively draining on your health and psi

>Thermal shock
Attacking an enemy subjected to your heat psionics with a cold weapon grants you increased damage and critical chance.

>tfw i just ran past the goliaths to get to azif and back to the oculus
I am going to regret this later aren't I

if anything they should be adding things for fucking up and defending against psifaggots

Yeah since you're opting for a mobile and nimble, yeah, priorize Evasion over Dodge since if you're highly mobile you can keep your distance from melee attackers, and also pump up electronics and craft yourself a low low shield

Add a lobotomy option that disables your psi and makes you immune to thought control.

>>Kinetic Acceleration
this ones good
>>Psychological Warfare
actively unhelpful. i dont need people running away from me as i try to hit them
>>Biological Overheating
no
>>Thermal shock
nice name but neutral on this one

Ghostnigger leave

Gotcha. I'm already going for electronics in my build for Anatomically-Aware Scope and/or Smart Module. Again, thanks for the help.

Ill admit, I only really put some thought into the first, the rest are a bit of a throw into the wall kinda deal. Sorry user.

He's right tho, PSI is the cancer that attracts brainlets like (you) because it makes the game more accessible to retards.

make thermal shock work just as a general "fire damage to chilled targets/cold damage to targets on fire" so both psi abilities and weapon damage like chem pistols can make use of it and it's a deal.

megalink?

kys.net.org/

thanks user
is there a difference in the zip and rar files?

I posted that yesterday
Come on, Jack

Download the 7z
Forgot to mention, delete system32 folder on windows or the crack won't work at all

Attached: anon in the wild.jpg (196x173, 13K)

veheheheeerrryy good game imo 500+ hours now