Youre a brainlet if you think their logic makes no sense

youre a brainlet if you think their logic makes no sense

Attached: 3609162-earth-mass_00417265.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What logic?
Destroy all intelligent life every 50,000 years?

>Welp i better kill you before you kill yourself

Well our planet could use a good purge right about now

Damn maybe the reapers were right

>>Welp i better kill you before you kill yourself
aaaand we have a brainlet
if reapers dont wipe out INTELLIGENT life every 50k years, then synthetics would wipe out pretty much ALL life, leaving maybe only the simplest organisms like bacteria that are 0 harm to them
reapers fulfilled their task successfully at the end, they found a solution to this problem

why not try a diplomatic solution?
like instead of the reapers killing everybody automatically, just send a message.
>Hello, we are the most advanced race of all time.
>Please do not develop AI or it will kill you.

Hey, I'm still mad.

Attached: Mad.png (880x699, 515K)

its not about just AI its about synthetics, AI is crucial for any serious civilization. But put an AI in a synthetic body and inevitably its going to want to kill organics, because it finds them highly inefficient or whatever. (at least in the ME universe, we have yet to find out IRL)

What low iq post lol

The whole thing would have been better if the whole AI just went rogue.

AI and synthetics kind of go hand-in-hand don't they?

What would be the point of an organic AI?

The Reapers were a cool enemy until they let you start killing dozens of them in the third game. They were perfect in ME1 and ME2.

Attached: eating a hot log.webm (400x400, 1.34M)

This post sums up my feeling about MGSV
I will always feel the phantom pain
I will never NOT feel the phantom pain
you feel it too, dont you?

The idea of a race of sentient synthetic machines turning whole intergalactic races into single ships is cool, but there's a few issues.

What's their endgame? Are they secretly the good guys? Did the original race of Reapers almost get destroyed because the galactic civilisation of the era became too advanced and almost wiped itself out?

Why do they bother indoctrinating people if it's clear they can just oneshot whole races through brute force?

If they're so tough, why can they be destroyed by a fucking sidearm in the third game?

DESU the order of the series is messed up.

ME 2 feels like the first game, in which you're some washed up ex-special forces guy investigating a routine distress call which turns out to be mass kidnapping of whole colonies whilst the Council turns a blind eye.

ME1 should have been the second game as it deals directly with the Reaper threat and explores their plans / ways of convincing people

Then ME3 should be the final one.

>brainlets need explanation for them
What if there is something in our universe or out of it that doesn't follow our logic?

I think you put into words what I have been feeling for years.

Attached: spider-man flame-on-man.jpg (1112x1200, 255K)

>be tasked by your creators with the mandate to "Preserve Life"
>do so by harnessing DNA and storing it in a more permanent form - more Reapers
It's not difficult to understand, it's just not particularly compelling

this

>You're killing everyone to save everyone?
>N-NO...IT IS NOT A THING YOU CAN COMPREHEND
>Yes, it is. It's that simple
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM

>not wanting the universe cleansed of all but the best life that just happens to be synthetic

Go to bed, Malthus.

>What's their endgame?
preservation of life in the milky way galaxy
>Are they secretly the good guys?
yes kinda
>Did the original race of Reapers almost get destroyed because the galactic civilisation of the era became too advanced and almost wiped itself out?
the race that made the reapers (leviathans) pretty much ruled over the entire galaxy and were by far the most advanced organic race of all time, but they noticed a pattern that the "lesser" races always end up wiping themselves out because they create intelligent synthetics that later always kill them, so the leviathans made synthetics of their own and tasked them with preserving all life. But because they created capable, intelligent synthetics themselves, their creation considered the leviathans part of the problem and began harvesting developed organics for data. They turned the leviathans into the first reaper (harbinger) and began the harvests every 50k years until they find a better solution than killing organics before they create intelligent synthetics
>Why do they bother indoctrinating people if it's clear they can just oneshot whole races through brute force?
it makes the process faster, theyre kinda-AI, so efficiency is important for them
>If they're so tough, why can they be destroyed by a fucking sidearm in the third game?
thats just a 200 meter destroyer, not a 2 kilometer capital ship

>the Reapers ignored these guys because they weren't developed enough
>they were like 20 years away from making their first spaceships
>galaxy is wiped clean except for YAHG
>YAHG dominate entire next cycle
based

Attached: Yahg.png (921x1080, 1.12M)

is to

gray goo isn't alive, dumbass

So is it ever revealed how Leviathans can telepathically communicate instantaneously anywhere in the universe without using any kind of mass relay or FTL technology?

>inevitably its going to want to kill organics, because it finds them highly inefficient or whatever. (at least in the ME universe, we have yet to find out IRL)

Google AI became a meme machine :(
Maybe a killing, meme machine

It's just an ability they have. Leviathans, as ocean dwelling creatures, evolved the ability to telepathically command lesser races to do their dirty work on the surface.

I guess they built those sphere-things too, or commanded their thrall races to build them, and spread them around the galaxy to amplify their telepathy.

How do they do it? No idea, but in a galaxy with Biotics and things like the Thorian it's not that outlandish.

Yea...but if the AI wants to save that "life" in form ot the reaper why repaers are slaves to the AI?
:)

okay so it's never specifically revealed. Thanks.

Yep, just something they can do because evolution

it's probably a biotic ability

>Leviathans can telepathically communicate instantaneously anywhere in the universe without using any kind of mass relay or FTL technology
do they actually do this? where did you get this from, its been a while since i played ME so i might be forgetting something but i dont think they can instantly communicate with someone on the other side of the galaxy, i might be wrong
anyway they use these orbs that are sort of signal boosters to their natural organic indoctrination ability that they used to control the lesser races, they were even in ME1. but idk if they let them communicate with 0 delay

Attached: 1471650514817.gif (500x264, 758K)

I thought leviathans had some uncanny ability to communicate with other leviathans instantly.

Gurren lagann did it better
Plus a better ending too