This is the best controller of all time. Of all time!

This is the best controller of all time. Of all time!

Attached: 1200px-Nintendo-Wii-U-Pro-Controller-Black.jpg (1200x853, 83K)

It's pretty great.

>symmetrical sticks
>digital triggers
>best anything
*dabs*

digital triggers > analog triggers

>try to play wind waker
>assign bow to y or x
>can’t hold y or x while trying to aim/strafe at the same time because of how awkward it is to use the right stick
>can’t use the left stick because you walk instead

good controller my ass, I shouldn’t have to put the bow on R just to be able to aim the goddamn bow

Only when you're stuck with them and have to mentally justify your purchase.
;)

do you try fire your weapon with face buttons in shooters too?

>symmetrical sticks
If you want the dpad to feel comfortable while using buttons it's necessary. Digital triggers are unforgivable though, this and the switch pro are both such pieces of crap.

No. The GameCube version didn’t have this issue though because the right stick was in the right place (i.e., under the face buttons), and the left stick also didn’t make you walk. It’s not just the controller that it’s the problem, but it is a huge part of the problem thanks to where the right stick is.

I'd rather just use an arcade stick for 2D games.

Nah. The layout is pretty good and it is comfortable to use, but it has the problem that most controllers do where the grips are angled inwards and so moving the control stick orthogonally is unusually difficult. This isn't enough of a problem for most people to worry about, but it is not an ideal controller design.

Also, wireless-only means that you can't connect it for faster response times and it means you're force to charge it to continue using it. Especially annoying since you need to hook it up to a powered-on Wii U, not even just a Wii U that is turned off while charging the controller.

Here it is, the greatest controller of all time.

Attached: sat-6b.jpg (2403x1729, 357K)

Honestly really liked the short sticks, didn't have to move much to hit full range and still gave plenty of fine control. Have to admit though the switch pro controller is better in almost every way, it's just expensive as sin.

Using the face buttons is uncomfortable as hell due to their absolutely awful placement. There's a reason every other analog controller ever has the right stick and face buttons swapped position wise by comparison.

Otherwise it's pretty ok. Dualshocks are still better but lardasses with monkey hands will tell you otherwise.

Most controllers now even when plugged in still use wireless to transmit. Some of them if you switch over to wired mode actually get MORE latency for some reason.

How was this thing by comparison? Sega seemed to enjoy going full retard with some of their designs, but the 360 stick on this one is apparently really good. I'd mostly question if the six button layout was comfortable to use.

Attached: Saturn_MK-80314.jpg (1940x2220, 1.65M)

What about OTHER controller

Attached: A0FU_1_20120418_3284399.jpg (640x480, 17K)

I use it for pretty much all my PC gaming where I want to use a controller.

It last forever without charging too.

Better but still felt like a $10 third party PS2 controller.

Based
Wii U Pro is GOAT and my go to on PC and Switch.

Attached: u r ma bro.png (256x240, 1K)

Allow me to introduce:

Attached: 1024px-Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg (1024x865, 124K)

>I literally have GRIDS

Thanks for contrasting it with the worst controller you could find.

Would be a lot nicer with bumpers and the b/w buttons being aligned with the other face buttons.

It's great. That picture doesn't do a good job of showing the size and shape of the controller, the 6 button layout with two triggers is fantastic.

agreed

Oh I didn't need to 'find' it; its greatness was burned into my muscle memory and became an extension of my further life.

I don't think there is any controller layout where holding a face button and using the right stick simultaneously is comfortable. Even on the Gamecube you'd have to claw.

How do I get one that isn't a chinese knockoff these days though?

I always hear that this controller is surprisingly comfy.

>Would be a lot nicer with bumpers
There's a recent Xbox One version that does have bumpers.

God even the dualshock is better and I fucking hate the dualshock

Doesn't this thing have a shitload of input lag?

Look for used Wii U Pros that have the "Wii U" name and logo on them. Knockoffs dont have the name and logo.

Can I ask how? For what reason wouldn't you want analog triggers?

How did Sega get these so right and then make the DC controller such an arthritis magnet?

so that you can have an instant input rather than a delayed one. Fighting games and fps specifically don't want them

>face buttons below right analog

Attached: 1271087493905.jpg (946x781, 119K)

But by default the first input always activates the input. You're implying that you have to make the full push for the input to read, which is never the case.

Sega is well known for its retarded decisions over time. Some things they do are brilliant, but then they turn around and screw themselves in the ass immediately afterwards. I can't even say if the Dreamcast controller was the fault of the NA vs JP conflict at the time because the Sega Saturn had already fucked them by that point; Dreamcast was basically they attempting to save their collective asses. The only thing I can think of is that somebody honestly thought the Dreamcast controller was comfortable, or at least acceptable, when they shipped the system out.

To be honest, it wasn't a dealbreaker anyways. Anyone supporting the system didn't like it but weren't going to switch, anyone avoiding the system had reasons other than the controller. Games were still exclusive back then (mostly) so it wasn't as if people preferred the Dualshock of the Dreamcast for specific games. And it was still Sega management which tanked the company anyways.

It's just yet another weird decision for a company who already had something which worked perfectly well and could've done the same job.

Does it have a mic jack?

Most fighting games make an analog trigger activate at a very low if not 1% pressure, effectively more "instant" that the kind of travel time you need with a membrane button or a microswitch.
However, an issue that remains is the other 99% of the trigger distance. You may get your input as soon as you tap the trigger, but nobody is going to have the super honed dexterity to depress that trigger by only the tiniest amount and release it before going any deeper. To hit the trigger rapidly and consistently when an analog has no tactile feedback, in a genre where you may have to hit it several times in rapid succession within very tight windows is very unfavorable.

Yeah but with something like the ps4 controller the distance to hitting the plastic is super low. For fighting games hitting the triggers rapidly is never a thing that happens (and i mean a fighting game, not a fucken hack n slash or beat em up). I play Rainbow Six on PS4 and like using the CAMRS semi auto (buck's) and I just naturally lift my finger slightly and press down again when rapid firing. Maybe it's complicated for you, or you maybe don't really experience this and are just speculating?