What's the best Metal Slug game?

What's the best Metal Slug game?

Attached: 1DABFB14-DDF1-4396-A2D6-217E18FF4B39.jpg (2048x1152, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/uidwxrcne93r464/Metal_Slug_Series_[PC-Game].7z/file
fightcade.com/games/
mega.nz/#F!JaBDXQgS!fDb2sczv2nhCgO_XF2sbrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>people thought this indie pixel shit was gonna be in smash

Attached: 1529011788938.gif (245x168, 795K)

I like three, it has the best mix of crazy divergent stages and good boss fights

3. It has the most variety and BRANCHING PATHS. So if you're feeling like you wanna get the stage over a little quicker or if you wanna mix it up a little you can take a different path. I really like that.
The only real downside is how long it is, it can really burn you out.
(reddit space)
in other news, I'm gonna try to 1cc the first game.
Go play metal slug! Don't do yourself a disservice!

Attached: EDWaYprUEAQ5TSx.png (700x700, 856K)

Nah its indie pixel shit from like 2 years ago. No one gives a shit about it

Does anyone have the full thing? Also, don't reply to the retarded underage.

i can link you the pc complete version if you want or how to emulate them with fightcade.

Attached: Rebel_Soldier.png (130x186, 971)

@476888728: ok i wont reply.

START!

No, i meant the fanart in op's image.

Metal Slug X.

How's your 1cc user?

Metal Slug
EEECKS

Can I use save states?

on both versions yeah

It's time to choose

Attached: fio eri.png (1280x1298, 2M)

X

choose for what?

I get you're being a retard for fun but at least do that better

Attached: 1526864201341.gif (514x205, 1.96M)

impregnation

in that case eri because she likely has better genes. fio would be a better fuck though.

thank you

Attached: pIbxyGR.jpg (300x399, 56K)

X is peak, but 3 is also good. Any game after 3 is garbage.

whatever you played first.

i only played the first one and it was absolutely god tier

>Metal Slug
>indie

Attached: nami uh.jpg (640x480, 70K)

it holds up surprisingly well for a first game. you can't say that about many franchises.

If you thought that highly of the first one, you really owe it to yourself to at least play through 2, X, 3, and 4. Those are the best in the series

then again, i guess technically metal slug 1 had spiritual predecessors like gunforce and in the hunt.

4 is garbage, avoid it.

I think 4 gets more hate than it deserves. It's certainly not quite as good as 2/X and 3, but it's still far better than 5 and beyond.

only thing i don't like about slug 1 is that you can only shoot the HMG upwards/downwards when you start firing the gun, in later games you can do that at any moment.

Whichever one has that alien mothership for the final level (and also Allen helps you briefly)

Who
>actually payed for the steam versions
???

X or 3.
5 has the best soundtrack.

How are the switch ports? The speculation got me interested but I heard a few of them have some lag that doesnt exist on other platforms

Me. No regrets

1, gets the two dudes vs an army action flick vibe right.

People pretend to like 3 because they can briefly see Fio's tits.

fine as far as I know.
But then again I don't have MLG PRO 1CC creds to back that up.

I'll upload my MAME setup right now with all the Metal Slugs.

Based, me as well user, I'm just annoyed that they removed the ability to get custom resolutions

Zoomers think any game with sprites is an indie game. Despite the series being older than they are

>4
>best in the series

Skip 4 and play 5. I hear XX is okay, too.

1 is really good.
Skip 2 because X is a better version of it, X and 3 are the best.
4 and 5 are okay.
6 is...lame.
7 is pretty good, and I think a lot of fans skipped it.

>30 fps

Here it is.
mediafire.com/file/uidwxrcne93r464/Metal_Slug_Series_[PC-Game].7z/file

Controls are in that arabic file. Compatible with gamepads (but I only tested it on my dualshock 4). Don't run mame.exe. Go into the shortcuts folder and run the Metal Slug you want from there.

IMPORTANT: Mame is funky, so when you start a Metal Slug, hit the ~ key and use the up arrow, or up on the analog stick, to navigate to "Overclock CPU 1" and 0. Use right to set them to max, then press ~ again to close this. This overclocks the "cabinet" CPU and makes the game run smooth as butter, since the game drops many frames otherwise. Has no effect on your actual CPU. Have fun.

Attached: bandicam 2019-09-05 18-20-04-682.png (1781x1002, 15K)

Attached: bandicam 2019-09-05 18-20-18-954.png (1781x1002, 90K)

>Trailer starts like Terry's
>A second smash invitation floats by
>The fighters see their second chance, they chase after it
>They catch up and start fighting over it
>They all try to grab it
>An explosion suddenly blasts them all away
>Someone not seen there before finally grabs the envelope
>A familiar voice calls out
>"Okay!"
>The camera tilts up to show a full view of the victor
>MARCO
>REPORTING FOR DUTY

Its not indie or what is coliqually known as pixelshit. Its a long running action series from SNK on their NEO GEO hardware cabinets. It was from a time when 3D was just coming around which ironically meant hardware could handle high resolution sprites and animation.

When you see indie shit with high res sprites and filters and lots of animations this is the game they are tryong to be like. Devolver digital is a good example of that.

The smash thing is just people trying to keep the hope alive that the franchise isn't forever relagated to mobile games.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (266x242, 352K)

SNK has confirmed that they're making another Metal Slug, there's just nothing on it yet. Since KOFXV is just a logo & title right now it can be assumed that they aren't able to pump games out full-force as they are now.

They might be trying to figure out to make the game look good without spending a ton of money.

>that the franchise isn't forever relagated to mobile games.
It came out on Steam user.

I was almost mad at your low effort shitpost trolling

And then, I remembered the sheer fucking JOY of trollling dumbasses, hahahaha

Attached: HONK.png (522x466, 436K)

Bait?

Me. I really, really didn't want SNK to die.

Attached: 1567641208069.gif (500x325, 1.34M)

they should make with a nod to the MS1 ending, with Morden grabbing the invitation, laughing, then a cannon bullet hits him, sending him flying far off while the metal slug appears, then Marco jumps out of it to grab it.

Good idea.
Makes me a little sad that any announcement of Marco would be nowhere near this cool.

Does SNK get money from the ports? Just bought these and I just wanna know if they got something.

Attached: yeet.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

those are made by hamster, right?

Source? I haven't heard about that. Unless they're talking about some shitty phone game like Metal Slug Attack. Also if it IS a new true Metal Slug, I hope it doesn't fucking suck again, like the later games.

Attached: 3uvAOFX.png (394x373, 189K)

Not entirely sure. I think so, but it could be the case that Hamster corporation just paid SNK to let them convert it.

Hmmm, I wonder how it would be. I don't think they will will release a quick arcade game for 60$, nor they a 3d game either.

I'll be real, I'm actually glad the leak and the Smash stuff happened. It got plenty more people to look into Metal Slug, and if it gets more people playing, then I'm all for it.

Hm ok. Should I be playing the Japanese original or English version? does it matter?

Not really, pretty sure you still get the same silly announcer lines in both languages.

Don't think so, maybe the blood option isn't disabled by default.

Hm it seems like the only difference is that the hp version has blood and the names are in Japanese (I think the hostages or enemies) but it's the same overall

>metal slug smash stage
>has prisoners that give items if you rescue them
>sprite animation galore
>matches on the stage replace the smash announcer's lines with the metal slug announcer

i'm a unbased retard do i need to extract the zips in the rom folder

Nope. Leave them as is. Don't do anything besides what's in the post.

>matches on the stage replace the smash announcer's lines with the metal slug announcer
I need this... I just want that guy back. He had a great voice.
>tfw it was probably one of the devs who still remain nameless to this day.

||i'm sorry for being so retarded, how do i get past insert coin||

Check the controls in the arabic .txt

And don't forget to hit ~ and overclock both cabinet CPUs.

FLAAAME SHOT! GERNADE! SHAWTGUN! IRUN LIZARD!

RAWKET LAWNCHER!
ENEMY CHASER!
THANK YOU!

Should I be playing with the d pad or analog?

Also why am I not getting points for the prisoners? I get all the ones I see but I get 0×1000 at the end

If you use up a continue you lose out on prisoners you picked up before the continue.

If you die, you lose the credit for any prisoners you've rescued.

3 > X > 5 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 2

3, followed by X and 1.

Is Marco going to be a midget like in the games or normal-proportioned?

Based

HEAVY MASHINGUN!
YOU'RE GREAT!
OKAY!

What the FUCK was his problem?

Attached: MS5.gif (416x908, 57K)

Call me technologically illiterate but how to I open the 7zip file without downloading some program that wants me to pay for it?

Get 7zip the program. It doesn't ever ask you to buy a license unlike Winrar.

Also for anyone who downloaded it until just this moment, press F2 in game and go to setting up the software dip, select SLOT1 Metal Slug, scroll down to blood, then tap A on it to enable blood. Then back out until you see the exit button, seen here. If you're lazy just redownload it. I made all the games have blood on.

Attached: bandicam 2019-09-05 20-19-39-869.png (1781x1002, 12K)

he's unfinished

Yo everyone knows netplay for metal slug and other arcade games? Download fightcade and go to the metal slug room. It's awesome and best part is pretty much no lag.

Attached: fightcade-2-landing-screen.jpg (1009x757, 163K)

forgot game list fightcade.com/games/

There's nothing but habeebs in these rooms m80.

And my neogeo Mslugs don't work with this fightcade shit c'mon m80.

fightcade2 is ass

Can you imagine if a bunch of video game girls did a futa/dickgirl x female party and they came in pairs?
>Peach and Daisy
>Chun-li and Cammy
>2B and A2
>Bayonetta and Jeanne
>Marina and Pearl
>Kat and Raven
>Shantae and Risky Boots
>Fio and Eri
>Ivy and Taki
>Jill and Rebecca
Imagine a bunch of vidya girls on a sex party and some have dicks to fuck others

Hey man I've been fucking with this for 30 minutes. Random versions of Neogeo and various Metal Slugs rom across the internet do not cut it with this Fightcade shit. Always a BIOS missing, always program data missing, always graphics missing. Mind uploading your entire setup?

tarma of course

Attached: 9D5030FC-F860-45FF-B42A-CF421E08D032.png (285x397, 30K)

Attached: metal_slug_beach_party_by_knockwurst.jpg (1156x819, 528K)

just download fightcade and search fightcade roms on google,theres an argentinian website with all the roms

uh-oh

Attached: 1550142684053.jpg (800x800, 115K)

oh no

>yfw mii gunner marco

Attached: RareCourageousAlabamamapturtle-poster.jpg (302x574, 41K)

Is that Onpu?

Let's jam.

yeah!

Attached: 1546729596604.jpg (705x479, 80K)

Theres no contest, and cant be topped

I would actually be fine with that. Not the best case scenario, but anything is good.

X is better than 3 but both are great.

>playing anything after 3

2+3 if you play them in one go.

2 with overclock is pretty good, i don't think people should skip it.
Fuck stage 5 though that shit is not fun.

What's the point of drop shot? Does anyone actually like using it?

Which does more damage, the Shotgun or the Flame Shot?

Flame Shot iirc
Though in MS1 Shotgun is the best weapon

So 3's considered the best one I see, but is it still alright to start with 1? How good is it in comparison?

it's for bounce!

Attached: Dzx4ShYVsAAs_GL.jpg (950x743, 105K)

I like 7

*bump*

Attached: ECrMe_uU8AAjGKX.jpg (1200x1137, 106K)

I still greatly prefer the original despite the following games improving on the gameplay.

Attached: 262_co10.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

1 is the easiest but I'll say it still has a good balance of difficulty and imo has the best scenarios and the best ending.
Totally worth playing.

Attached: 1546800864514.gif (200x200, 31K)

Attached: tumblr_p7v7tqHmFf1vbsndjo2_1280.png (689x1920, 607K)

They're all worth playing. It's not like Contra III: The Alien Wars vs Contra Hard Corps.

Still have the link from the thread: mega.nz/#F!JaBDXQgS!fDb2sczv2nhCgO_XF2sbrw

Attached: DedOCYWV0AIWT3o.jpg (800x800, 77K)

>Fio with muscles
my penis went full UH-OH BIG

>ywn be chokeheld by Fio

Attached: 1543591195364.gif (307x280, 476K)

Yes start with 1. It's great and also the easiest. I recommend trying to 1cc it, as far as arcade game goes it's pretty doable

ass

Attached: om_034.jpg (640x480, 86K)

>the alien scene in 3 where the rebels give you a rocket
kino

Is there a release order to follow? obviously the numbered games are obvious but where does X and beyond come in?

Rock
it
lawn
chair

Attached: 1516434782252.gif (1027x731, 111K)

can anyone help me with this

Attached: what.jpg (1294x999, 128K)

X is an upgrade of 2, and XX an upgrade of 7.
X is different enough from 2 you'll want to play both, but you can ignore 7 and play XX instead.
There's also a 3d ps2 game which is pretty bad, Metal Slug Advance which is meh, and two neo geo pocket games, which believe it or not are great.

I was gonna say this. Man knows his way around a vehicle!