It's Unironically Over

thegamer.com/leak-reveals-gamestop-basically-shutting/
The man who leaked GameStop's layoffs a few weeks ago is making an extremely bold but plausible claim: GS will close half of its stores, downsize its lower management, and convert its remaining locations into gaming rooms.
Who's ready for liquidation sales?

Attached: 16300235540_e508c3b71a_b_GameStop-1024x738.jpg (1024x738, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2GSfjeYVpkQ
youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM
thecoverproject.net
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gamestop worker here, half our district got closed, our DM fired, and we were merged with another district. Can't wait to get free shit.

What's a good way to steal some systems without getting caught? I was thinking of just taking pieces of each system, controller, whatever over the next couple of months.

You probably aren't getting a PS4 or Xbox One out the back door, but you may be able to take a couple of misplaced used games lying around. If you're feeling really confident, you could make off with a Switch.

Switch will probably be my target. I could slip the tablet in my pocket on night and take a joycon another night. I just have to figure out a way to avoid the camera and remove the serial number from the store so it can't be reported stolen. Maybe I should just steal controllers to sell on amazon and just buy it that way.

>reported stolen
As long as you avoid the cameras so they do not know 100% sure it was you then even if they do report the theft the police wont investigate. Switch value isnt even $500

Dont tell them that. You are assuming they are smart. They would probably steal when no one else is working at all so everyone would know who did it

copy that

No cameras in the system closet. So I wait for someone to buy a system, and while I'm in there, I quickly open a switch, take the tablet part, reseal it, and take out the customers other system. I should do this with a used system, that way the person who took it in trade gets blamed for forgetting to take in the tablet part, and by that point they will probably have quit. Thanks for the game plan Yea Forums.

based african american poster

>All the good shit will get raided before customers can get to it

FUCK.

Godspeed you cheeky darkie

Damn, that's a little sad. I knew this was coming eventually ever since I noticed that half of the store space in bigger GameStops were turning into Hot Topics with the type of nerd culture shit lying around like figurines, t-shirts, and Funko pops. I remember a decade ago when you could get away with buying GAMES and not dumb merchandise. Ah well, another example of a brick and mortar store going out of business. I'll miss it, shitty deals and all.

nothing like logging your whole plan to commit a crime on a papua new guinea berry juicing discussion cave.

Any idea when the closing down sales are starting, could probably make decent money reselling controllers and those nintendo figurines autists are willing to pay out the ass for.

FIRST BLOCKBUSTER, THEN TOYS R US, NOW GAMESTOP?!?!?!
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Dont worry, I'm using incognito mode

Good. FUCK gamestop and FUCK minorities and women

Do you think EB games is going to get hit with this in aussieland? I might grab a ton of games as a once off.

could i get my ps2 fixed at a gamestop or is it too late?

Well at least i'll be able to round out my 3DS collection a bit.

Attached: 1559123420235.png (441x475, 133K)

Man I hated it when black people came into the store. They would always come in then 5 minutes later another black person would come in, the first one would ask me to show him something in the back while the other would steal shit.
It was so blatant and annoying, but I'm not sticking my neck out for a company that would let me be alone with two black people. Hopefully it will feel nice to have the shoe on the other foot.

People got poorer and that stuff stayed over price. Except blockbuster which just got ruined by the internet

You'll need to go to a specialty repair place for that. Sony doesn't fix them anymore nor does GameStop

looks like the age of digital games have come full circle, i have mixed feelings, i dont like having to switch discs out and walk my ass to a gamestop but at the same time if they go too far with the streaming shit it will suck.

do we know when this shit's happening? I mostly just want to make sure I'll get my copy of death stranding I preordered because
>digital

It wasn't even the internet in general, it was specifically Netflix. Before streaming we all subscribed and they'd mail the dvds, the second that became an option Blockbuster was dead in the water.

nintendo will not go full digital for atleast another 2 generations.

damn, thats what i figured, i don't even know if there is a specialty place near my area, i think i'll borrow a screwdriver and try to figure out the problem myself, i think its the fan or something, the system won't turn on and has no light.

Netflix has existed since 1997 though. It had to have had something to do with the streaming.

It wasn't just Netflix. Redbox had more locations because of its kiosk model and better rates ($1 per night)

Aw man and there's a gamestope 30 mins walking distance from me, made it easy to grab a game I wanted and come back. I don't want to drive far just to pick up a game.

Jack the big headphones and the like. Nobody ever really inventories that shit. We had an assistant manager that kept walking out with stuff like that and only got caught because his dumbass tried to return the stuff for cash with no receipt.

Fuck digital gaming.

It's the only perk of working at a shitty customer service job, desu. First dibs when your company shuts down, throw the rest to the vultures.

Make friends with someone at your store and they may put shit aside for you.

I hope you're behind 7 firewalls and 14 VPNs

Netflix was the major drive behind blockbuster shuttering many stores. It existed up until streaming became more popular. When netflix started downsizing it's dvd subscription service (If you remember when netflix tried to split off the dvd sub service as qwikster [which was the original netflix name by the way] and it caused massive stock falloff) redbox swooped in and just about quadrupled the number of kiosks set up around the country, basically killing off the dvd side of netflix (because $1 a night beats like $10 a month when you can usually get 2 dvds a month with ship times), and the few blockbusters that were left. For a very short period blockbuster tried setting up rental kiosks, I think I saw maybe 5 ever, they disappeared pretty quick. Blockbuster then went into streaming but they only had licensing rights to the same sorta mediocre chinese C movie mass produced nonsense that redbox had in it's infancy. It just never grew.

EB Games is a synonym for GameStop. They even use the same goddamn bags. I'd expect those to close too.

Will we be getting any big sales from them before this?

the funny part was that Netflix's founder actually approached Blockbuster about a merger early on and was laughed out the door at how stupid of an idea online streaming on a mainstream level was.

That worked out well for them

Not a chance. This guy's last layoff leak happened 3 days before the layoffs took place. GameStop's earnings report is on Sept. 10th, so I imagine this plan is going to be taking effect very soon.

Is this affecting eb games as well or are they seperate

The last time I went in Gamestop, about a year ago, half the store was full of shitty vinyl figures and other toys and games that had clearly already been opened and handled were being sold as new. Fuck Gamestop and fuck minorities.

FUCK digital distribution and FUCK zoomers

As long as the store still honors my reserve for borderlands 3 I couldn't care less.

See If you're a leaf or aussie, expect the same shit to go down for EB.

Everyone get ready to dumpster dive for free shit.

gamestops its parent company, and no one is dumb enough to buy a b&m game store chain in the current year, so it'll most likely be liquidated too.

why wouldnt he just throw that stuff up on ebay? not like you could track it to a store and if you could who the fuck would bother?

They laid off GI staff without giving them insurance to the end of the month or severance, so I think your preorder is toast.

>digital gaming
If GameStop is anything like GAME, they're going out of business because online retailers like Amazon and toy shops sell games £10-£20 cheaper than GAME does. I don't think digital gaming hurts them as much as them being so stubborn about pricing does. Retail shops dedicated to selling games really don't like going under RRP for anything.

The Gamestop in my area closed about a half a year ago, apparently they ran a scheme where someone would break into a person's house, steal their console, sell it to game stop, then game stop sells them again, rinse and repeat. From what I hear nobody got punished

Easiest shit to steal is the shit set to be shipped out to other stores - it's already removed from your stores inventory and has to be entered into the new stores when they get it, can easily snatch some shit, reseal the box and when the other store calls the SM or ASM will assume they fucked up their count. EZPZ.

Netflix feels like a ponzi scheme these days. It's debt is still skyrocketing and they are a bubble waiting to pop

>toys r us
You only had to be Canadian user

Attached: toys r us.jpg (640x400, 56K)

I will flip my shit if it is I snagged a collectors edition and its already payed off.

>what is a manifest

>more people are falling for the digital copy meme

Attached: [screaming].jpg (166x117, 10K)

The virgin GameStop vs. the Chad GameXchange.

I sub to netflix for like one month a year just to watch all the original shit that comes out, and that's about it. I struggled to find purpose in remaining subbed. Nowadays I use hulu.

I also used gamefly for a while, which was interesting, but ultimately unless you mostly wanted older AAA titles you'd either be waiting forever for people to finish playing the niche games, meaning you'd be paying for months where you very well may not get any games, or dealing with their shit algorithm for VIP customers/subs getting preference on new titles.

God dammit I need to get a preowned Xbone there before it closes.

>a preowned Xbone there before it closes.
For what game exactly?

By the way, if anyone in this thread is worried about digital taking over and game trade-ins disappearing, worry not. Best Buy has better payouts across the board, and won't be going under any time soon. Pawn shops can be hit or miss, but most areas typically have a good one with plenty of games, good staff, and decent payouts. Don't weep for FunkoStop, its death was a long time coming and we'll be better without it.

Attached: o.jpg (1000x666, 149K)

>and won't be going under any time soon.
Why?
They offer nothing special.

god dammit i dont care about e-celebs saying "uhhh gamestop is greedy" physical media will always triumph digital i cant stand this future fuck me

Attached: h.png (128x128, 36K)

The moment HBO Maxx, Comcast's whatever, and Disney+ hit and Netflix looses all their popular shows they'll be left with their mediocre line-up of original programming. The same thing is going to happen to Game Pass when Bethesda, Ubisoft, and others launch their dumb services. Phil wasn't kidding when he said "this netflix of games" i guess

It's the first place the masses check wen they want to buy a new TV, sound system, or any other electronic device too big to fit in a mailbox. That alone will keep it afloat for at least another 20 years.

beth is the only one who will survive.
no one gives a fuck about ubi games

S

For aussies at least JB HI FI is still a thing but their selection is so limited. I expect to see online seller bumping up their prices for some old disics of shit that nobody even wanted to compensate for the demand.

FUCK Gamestop
FUCK Game Informer
and FUCK video games

Attached: 1544232900936.jpg (511x671, 41K)

Why do people think Game Pass is just going to whither and die?

Why are so many people bitching about physical vs digital? You can buy physical copies from anywhere that sells them, not just Jewstop. It isn’t that people stopped buying physical it’s that Gamestop sucked as a business. Just go shop at Target or buy off eBay for more obscure shit

WHAT THE FUCK BROS I WAS ABOUT TO APPLY

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Could I get a job at GameStop now just to steal a game or two low-key and run when it's over?

Attached: 155258578721.png (463x492, 179K)

After 76 they need to be upping thier game if they want to avoid another shitshow like that.

>s check wen they want to buy a new TV, sound system, or any other electronic device too big to fit in a mailbox.
good point
i wonder if anyone will ever do a specialized amazon + delivery service for big items like that.
Still a grim safety net to be kept alive by

He had a monstrous ego despite being borderline braindead. Everyone there had to pick up the slack for him, since he couldn't even do basic tasks. But to be fair, the company wasn't much smarter.
The actual day they caught wind of his shit was because he came in on his day off drunk as hell, and started causing trouble for the people actually working. He even pulled the guy in charge at the time into the back to give him shit over something stupid like feeling he was "insubordinate" to him, because the guy wasn't an actual manger.
Complaints got filed, HR looked into the whole matter including the dubious return he was making during all this. Tapes started getting reviewed showing him just making inventory disappear during his shifts, and it went downhill from him there.

Because as far as value prepositions go it's a mixed bag. If you want to pay $15 a month to play through a bunch of indie games you'll never touch again, it's not bad. If you're signing up to play Microsoft's exclusives then you'd better be ready for crap like Crackdown or the same Halo/Gears/Forza over and over

And if you're okay with something a little less consistent, Craigslist, Kijiji, and other regional classified sites can net you some insanely cheap shit from soccer moms who don't know prices.

In reality 76 did fuck all to their rep seeing as they embraced it as a PR stunt later on. They're a pile of mud already, people know them as "haha that whacky company with buggy games i like".

I haven't bought a game from GameStop since 2012

Attached: 1487949235874.png (560x416, 254K)

Where will I get my physical copies now? GameStop, FYE, and Books-a-Million are the only stores I ever visit in my mall, and going to the mall is the only thing to do in this shitty town.

Good thing I bought 60+ pre owned PS2 games i wanted in 2012 and practically have all the 7th gen games I want in physical. GS unfortunately never has good deals on physical 8th gen titles, so its nbot a huge loss. But
I will miss them.

T- powerup rewards since 2011

I heard a rumor that in one of our stores someone was throwing stuff up in the ceiling tiles, but he got fired before he could get them out of the store. I wonder if they're still up there.

Chances are GameStops that are the only ones in their town will be making enough to stay open, like some BlockBusters were able to for a while.
Best Buy, Target and Amazon are good though.

Of course the drones will swallow Todd's shit regardless because thats how they have always been. Everyone else that isn't a brainlet will look first be leaping into bethshit again.

Doing Gods work user

>Implying

Practically all the ones here in cali will stay and thats all that matters. We have gamestops by the dozen per big city. losing 1-2 of them is no loss at all.

So is it too late to get a job there?
I thought it'd be a good place for a mega autist who never leaves home like me, am I fucked now?

Attached: Kirie.png (612x682, 546K)

>Nothing interesting there on a normal day
>Implying there will be anything worthwhile in their closing sales

Enjoy your scratched fifa copies.

>TOYS R US
Good news

well the drones who eat shit vastly outnumber reasonable people who see beth as something not worth supporting. Maybe if the next TES or Starfield are 76 or Andromeda-tier they might begin having serious troubles.

>defending FUCKING GAMESTOP
I hate digital, but these retards did this to themselves because 90% of their stores are nothing but merchandise, and sometimes not even related to video games

Them disappearing should be good news. They should have sold more video games instead of funko pops

Attached: 1567638612613.jpg (720x699, 44K)

It'd be a terrible place for you because you have to fulfill quotas or your store isn't "premiere" and your store doesn't get discounts and deals to give to customers, which means they'll go to stores that do have them. It's a really retarded balancing act. Also you'd probably be working fuckloads overtime, unpaid, and if you complained they'd fire you.

My town has a gamestops right down the street from the mall, which has another gamestop in it. Why do companies do shit like this? Why not just have one store instead of splitting the profits between two stores that have to stock more inventory and pay more employees?

The reason most of their stores became merchandise is because their game sales are down. Amazon and Best Buy introduced discount programs that they couldn't compete with, while digital sales on console that offered superior prices to their used copies decimated their margins.

>The remaining 2,000 stores will be re-imagined as table-top/retro-gaming stores. The less profitable stores will be the first to be eliminated, and Camelot believes entire districts will be completely shut down.
> re-imagined as table-top/retro-gaming stores

FUCK OFF. IM NOT SHOPPING AT SOME STORE WITH THOSE AWFUL SMELLING MTG FAGS BREATHING DOWN MY NECK. WORSE THAN MELEE.

Attached: 1436818941986.gif (356x400, 2M)

No more gamestop stories?

Reminder that anybody saying amazon killed gamestop is retarded, it died because their policy of making employees aggressively push preorder and other such things made people stop wanting to go there.

Companies like GS expect growth to continue ad infinitum, so as soon as one store gets too overworked, they'll open another one and hope demand keeps growing at a steady rate. Obviously this isn't what happens in reality, but they have to please the shareholders somehow.

>F-FUCKING GAMESTOP
>Hey guys I just went to FUCKING GAMESTOP-
>No you didn't.

Funko pops and other non-game shit were intended to tank the dwindling sales of games though.
Not sure what GS could have even done to fight digital though.
I doubt they had the margins or funds to attempt a delivery service too, which is about the only way i can think of. But the kind of mongs who work at gamestop driving my expensive shit and delivering it to my house too?
nah

Shareholders are responsible for so much of what is wrong with the world today
The stock market was a mistake.

becoming a public company isn't mandatory.
But IPO payouts make people stupid.

Weird to think the Xbone was going to bend over backwards to screw over GameStop only for it to happen anyway

Chances are it just means they'll probably have one table that costs money to rent out (lol) and they'll stockpile all their garbage unsold /tg/ stuff in those few remaining stores.

any hot gamestop guys who want easy money? I love making needy men to strip for me. Looks don't matter but I prefer skinny types.

Attached: 233443.jpg (196x197, 7K)

>quitting your current job and doing shit work for minimum wage for several months just to steal $100 worth of merchandise

Attached: 1536473027477.jpg (733x701, 190K)

Except they fucking had a delivery service. They bought out Impulse from Stardock when it was starting to grow, and then they did ultimately fuckall with it, letting it stagnate and die because they couldn't figure out how to use it to drive sales towards their shittier practices, like the card and used games.

I was talking to one of the employees at Gamestop and she was telling me how they plan on changing their store layout and having a greater focus on video game tournaments and card games, something along those lines. So it's very likely.

>implying I have a current job
This is a hikiNEET site, user.

There was nothing nice about Blockbuster or Gamestop.

>and re sell it for more

Attached: Devilish.jpg (470x595, 81K)

its a package being shipped not a fucking sea vessel. Idiot.

>Except they fucking had a delivery service.
jesus that's fucking hilarious.

>Who's ready for liquidation sales?
All their stuff is heavily used anyway even when it's gamestop "new", why do I care?

If you wanted actual new and decent customer service, you had to find a mom and pop game shop, and that can be a bitch.

Attached: 1403376799428.jpg (1200x900, 258K)

They have some odd requirements. Speaking Spanish or Portuguese is wanted where I live. Then again I wouldn't take it even if I could speak either of them.

gamestop and any company that ships anything out, even just to other parts/branches still use manifests, dummy.

>no one gives a fuck about ubi games
What world do you live in? Because AC games sell millions even though it's declining slowly, their new IPs get millions of sales, and For Honor is really the only thing they keep trying to push as The Division and Rainbow Six rule over all. It's like saying no one cares about EA games, you're the one who doesn't, the vast majority of people do.

>gaming rooms
What do they mean by this? Like an hourly pass thing where you can play the consoles? Pretty based if you ask me. They could even start hosting tcg and vidya tourneys

The last thing I'd want in life is for a GameStop van to roll up to my house and show the neighbourhood what a low-functioning autist I am.

Attached: 1558790133012.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Amazon

Prove it then faggot, show me a manifest from gamestop. I'll wait.

Sucks they're shutting down, I have some fond memories of things I got from there.
After opening this figure I hot glued it to hell and back with the other Re:Zero figs I bought.
Sucks that I left them at my parent's place, I could have done something like cum on it daily until GameStop closed or something.

Attached: 31290831290123.jpg (1932x2576, 297K)

single games are a bit different than the catalog of mediocrity. Especially when you'll see a third of it filled by the same fucking game title. And even the most braindead normalfag will have a few lights flipped on and start realizing the truth.
Ubi have R6 and ass creed, all their other IPs aren't sustaining anything long term. And Ubi are just weird about not cancelling obvious failures.

Have steam

Lets not forget that after the Xbone became compatible with various Xbox 360 games GameStop stores began raising the price on several of them to the point where buying them digitally was a better offer

>PC gaming
>physical copies
nigga.

Attached: fallout-76-cardboard-disc-power-armor-pc-special-edition.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

You can hotglue me anytime user

I moved to a mountain one year ago from today, and I used to be an avid regular with gamestop, Pro member, 65,000 points, etc.

Now that I live here my closest gamestop is 36 miles down the mountain in the city, which isnt plausible. its like $10 gas just to get down there and wait in line. Its not fun anymore either because they no longer do big launch events at my "Local" branch.

So I ended up cashing in all my points for some discount coupons, bought some games and quit my membership and now use Am azon to ship me all my games, I get them day 1, but not right on my doorstep in the morning (more like 4pm that day) which sucks, but since I work i just get it when i get home anyways.

Long story short, Gamestop just isnt convenient anymore. Amazon really does trump them, and i don't even have to spend extra to have it shipped like I did with gamestop.

Attached: 1500091850256.gif (340x340, 1.9M)

Good. Gamestop killed every franchise and locally owned game store in my city.
No pity for them. They get the same fate as the ones they destroyed.

Attached: 1505069825129.gif (282x257, 1.8M)

It's pathetic. I can go to my local pawn shop and get any Xbox 360 game I want for $5-10 max. GameStop can't compete with anyone.

>I could have done something like cum on it daily until GameStop closed or something.

Attached: 30931289.png (1600x900, 391K)

Guess I need to hurry up and use my reward certificate or game cash or whatever the fuck they call it

Somehow, I still have the same three Gamestops in my town, two of which aren't even a mile apart from each other. Why none of them have closed yet is beyond me because I know hardly anybody goes to them.

Attached: 1560526180938.png (200x234, 16K)

I'm glad it is dead. Fuck that boomer-run shithole. I can't wait until the last of the "the way to run a business is to fucking pester your customers constantly" generation is fucking dead.

Attached: smug.png (354x347, 121K)

You do realize demand was probably higher right?

It's called retail and it's not going to die.

oh no now will all the white methheads pawn their roommates shit and where will all the fat mexishits let their little kids run around on a sunday? What a tragedy! Won't someone think of all the funko pops!

Attached: 1565928582272.jpg (720x827, 104K)

Shame, thank god it is so easy to order things online these days.

You are totally getting caught with that plan

>It's called retail and it's not going to die.
where the fuck have you been the last few years?

>lives on a mountain which is a bitch of a drive away from any civilization
>still gets amazon
I envy you user, as I live in an unincorporated mountain town and there is 0 doorfront delivery options available. If I even try to order anything online the UPS/Fedex driver will drop my shit off at the local post which is still a bitch and a half of a drive away especially in the snow and ice.

blockbuster was good at the time, but it died to netflix for a reason, and its totally obsolete now

but gamestop has always been trash

side note, i wonder if any Yea Forums- /biz/-fags "bought the dip" on gamestop

>nice things
All those companies stopped being decent.

Even if that's the case they keep 100% of the sale of a used game, yet decided to price themselves out of several sales. It makes sense for games that were no longer available digitally and thus required the disc like Lost Odyssey or Forza Horizon, but otherwise why bother

I would go to the nearest one but they pretty much took down everything pre PS3. Do they sell anything none video game that's worth it?

>Have 2 gift cards I need to contact customer service for because they don't work in store or in the site
I'm not getting those to work, am I?

Attached: 754.jpg (474x311, 58K)

It pretty much already is. Have you been into an EBgames lately?

Toys are us was a double whamy of somebody buying the company and offloading debt onto them and a bunch of star wars merch that didn't sell.

Blockbuster fucking sucked. Hollywood Video had better rental prices and GameCrazy was better than Gamestop. I guess my experiences are regional but damn I have no fond memories of those cunts.

CALL THEM RIGHT FUCKING NOW user AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1558411283853.png (460x460, 429K)

>It's Unironically Over

Thank fuck.

Watching the growth of the retail market.

Oh no, not again, bros!

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (444x250, 3.93M)

The last game I bought at GameStop was Persona 5 on PS3 because they were the only store that carried it, and Amazon takes too long to deliver to my residence.

Why are some of you retards acting like this is the death of physical distribution? People just buy their shit online now rather than having to deal with high street prices

I'm glad
After those fucks made me wait a week to get my copy of astral chain because the Incompetent morons sent it from the Eastern states the day before release I want them to suffer.

Tick tock physicalfags
Soon you'll HAVE to buy digital.

If an amiibo is hanging on the shelf, it's not worth anything

>Who's ready for liquidation sales?
The game shit will just get transferred or destroyed.

>cum on it daily until GameStop closed

Attached: 23489080925.jpg (600x487, 21K)

High chance they may not.

>What is Best Buy and Wal-Mart

dont post that unless you bought AMD's dip, plebian

Toys r us was killed by corporate cuckoldory

Reminder Blockbuster still existed when rage comics were still relevant.

Blockbuster didn't compete in the changing streaming market correctly
Toys R Us was killed by Bain capital and friends, the stores themselves were doing fine
Gamestop is practicing scummy 90's tactics that would make even AAA companies blush and are now dying as they no longer are needed for "niche" products

Same here. I have GCU at Best Buy and it works wonders. Too bad it expires next May

You mean the steady death of physical stores being shit all over by digital?
Granted furniture stores and the like are probably safe for the time being. But anything else that's not highly niche or incredibly expensive are ded soon. Especially when automated driving, robotics and AR get better in the coming decade.

I just traded a Switch and some games. Ended up getting $300.00 store credit. If it were you, would you force yourself to spend it on games you kinda want at the moment; in fear of them shutting down and your credit going down the drain? Would you wait it out for games you really wanted to be released? Or hold out until the inevitable huge sale Gamestop will have due to them going under? I just don’t want to waste all that credit, trying to make the wisest choice.

Buy physical media on Amazon or the like?

What other retail Industry is lead by a company that pester their customers like gamestop does.

Shit.
I only buy physical online.

Desu my old xbox/360 broke so using the bone to play some of what I still have would be nice. And I wanna try to get a wii u for w101

>GameStop ReZero merch
MUH

Attached: Re-Zero---Starting-Life-in-Another-World-Rem-Volume-3-EXQ-Figure.jpg (1000x1000, 35K)

I've got $120 in credit there, I guess I should probably use it soon instead of waiting for next gen consoles.

Blockbuster killed itself lmao
it had a chance to make billions and threw it right out the door

Man, whats going to happen to that one anons national bank of gamestop?

Attached: 1474739908414.jpg (630x556, 130K)

Just wait. GS is reporting its earnings on the 10th, so if anything drastic is happening, it'll be in the next two weeks.

Based.
It's not the end yet, but it's another nail in the coffin. Gamestop was one of the only places to conveniently trade in games and now it's gone.
> I buy physical because it's plug and play
Obsolete now that physical requires installation and day one patch
> I buy physical so I can trade it in to get back money
Obsolete now that Gamestop is going away
> I buy physical because I have slow internet
Not obsolete quite yet, but getting there fast with mandatory day one patches

With every passing day more people are switching to digital and there are less and less reasons to stick to physical

>all those figmas being sold for dirt cheap

Yeehaw laddies I'm happy

Attached: 1560036650116.png (1068x1568, 545K)

If that story was true I wonder how long it'd have taken for him to have been denied pre-ordering and returning.

Just get a PC and use it on Steam gift cards

>19
Less and less reasons
You're overthinking it. Its a Tangible box, with a tangible disk. Thats more than enough reasons to own it. I could give two shits if its download, plug n play, or whatever crap. It exists. In my hand. Period.

>GameStop
>nice thing
GS has been garbage/a scam/an absolute joke for around two decades already. Literally anywhere else is better

theres nothing wrong with digital gaming, unless you're on console. but in that case, the problem lies with you

Last time i went to gamestop was black friday 2016
i wanted to get that 100$ 3ds but it was sold out. instead of just leaving i bought something like a beta because the qt cashier told me to buy something

If you really cared about that you'd just have a blu-ray/DVD burner.
Let's not kid ourselves, you care about the plastic box more than anything.

>i cant stand this future
That's why you should have put that energy into starting a family when you were young and not be royally dependent on corporations to make you feel good

Attached: 632576423743788.png (1238x374, 1.16M)

>Physical trade-ins are obsolete because the literal worst option for them is going out of business
>what is a pawn shop
>what is Best Buy
>what is craigslist

Attached: 1567629642724.jpg (326x326, 16K)

>t. Never worked in a warehouse

I hope you’re overthinking this otherwise you might just be retarded

>mandatory day one patches
what shitty games do you play where a day one patch is mandatory

Attached: 1558947709608.png (240x240, 49K)

>but getting there fast with mandatory day one patches
if that proposed satellite internet company actually comes through, it could be in the next few years.
Because holy fuck, i now know the pain of third world tier back-woods internet.

>You'd have a DVD burner
I'm not an illicit pirate. theres no authnticity in a copy.
>You care about the box.
I do. I care about getting the entire package, Box AND Game. You're the one settling for half of what you paid for.

>>what is a pawn shop
Shit
>>what is Best Buy
Shit
>>what is craigslist
A good way to get shot by niggers.

>starting a family
disgusting

Attached: 1508006959846.jpg (286x357, 71K)

>Obsolete now that Gamestop is going away
Ebay mate

literally most AAA games these days.

As an ex toys r us guy, fuck you gamestop sudden shutdown fucking sucks

Put them down on preorders you want. More expensive the better. If they go under, they have to pay you back. At least that's what happened to me years ago from some gaming store I can no longer remember the name of

So like I said, you only care about the plastic box.
Tick tock physicalfag, soon even that'll be gone.

right cause buying games that you get tired of and come here to shitpost about works better for you yeah?

Attached: 614VmsFwoNL._SL1134_.jpg (1134x1120, 79K)

>Grocery stores being taken over by automated checkouts and drone deliveries
>Malls are all but completely dead
>layoffs across the country
>>Retail is not going to die
Good joke familia

Mine expired two days ago

Attached: 1361831168682.png (919x720, 1.06M)

Literal smoothbrain logic. The disk is just a piece of plastic with tiny ones and zeroes on it. The exact same ones and zeroes that are installed on your hard drive when you get the digital version. You're fetishizng a cheap, ugly piece of plastic with a bunch of logos and copyright info printed on it.

Hahahaha my ex worked at gamestop and wanted to make it her career because she has no ambition and now she’s going to get fired and probably be homeless. This is incredible

Attached: 88C77AB6-D9E8-4BE4-B9FB-B0D844DE8664.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Toys R Us are still there in Canada, albeit on pretty much life support so i wouldn't be surprised if EB Games survives since they're more popular than TRUs.

The only day-one patch I remember genuinely changing anything is either No Man's Sky or Lords of the Fallen. And even Lords of the Fallen was fun without that patch because of the shield bash glitch.

iirc, or if Yea Forums has any reliability as a source in some cases, gamestop is more privy to destroying games rather than do anything useful with them

I like how it's always This is the end for gamestop and shit like that but somehow they manage to stay around like cockroaches

Enjoy a whole generation of media literally disappearing in the future because it'll be digital and lost forever.

This is 100% true

t. ex gamestop manager

>you get tired of
but I don't. I'd get tired of annoying gremlin children or a significant other much faster.

Attached: 3245908.png (400x400, 56K)

I'm just gonna wait to buy some cheap shit maybe return my Wii and DSI because I I have 4 wiis now and some ds lites I could use that credit towards some shit.

I genuinely miss the days of physical. Buy a game and pop it in. But that shit died halfway through last gen. now physical is just cd keys to download the rest of the game.

Just get a 3d printer and print out a disk and box lmao

And those 1's and 0's can be taken away from you very easily

Good thing piracy exists and can keep those games around forever.
Tick tock physicalfag, enjoy your plastic box being a thing of the past.

Day one patches are pretty much just
>shit we couldn't get done in crunch
these days, as AAA games ship at version 0.5-8 instead of 1.0

Sounds like you just buy shit games user.

Short answer is they will try to sell most of their new game stock to companies that will take them like Amazon, Best Buy, etc. Anything old and used they will try their best to still make a profit off of and yes, anything that would be seen past a net gain in sales will simply be destroyed rather than make a "negative gain" on a deep sale.

No merc and toys they don't have that sense as well saw with the $5 action figure clearance where $40 two packs were sold off at $5 which is well below what they paid.

>Piracy
We Barely get half the released games saved thanks to piracy and companies are doubling down on anti piracy. There WILL be a generation lost thanks to digital. Hopefully some games you love dearly will be included, zoomer

Yeah, and a physical disk can be stolen, scratched, lost, or destroyed. Your digital games are far safer than physical ones, at least in the short term. And in the long term, it doesn't matter, because by the time they shut down the server in 20 years you'll be able to emulate all those games in 8k 120fps on PC

Haven't been inside a Gamestop since 2005 when I purchased Half Life 2. I had to install a program called "Steam" before I could play. Wonder why I never returned to Gamestop.

you can't get tired of things you never experienced

Attached: a monster calls.jpg (736x549, 72K)

>We Barely get half the released games saved thanks to piracy and companies are doubling down on anti piracy.
Kek, name a game that isn't a shitty asset flip indie game or GaaS AAA trash that can't be pirated.
Tick tock physicalfag.

Pretty hard to get all that happen unless you are a chimp

And? I like art and collectibility. the game is just an added bonus. You don't seem to get simple logic do you?

My collection isn't going anywhere. Your digital paid for services however.... As you say, "tick tock digitalfag".

Social media and Streaming services are both the same as the .com bubble, except social media creates value by being the number 1 data collectors (and sellers) in the world

>the game is just an added bonus.
The absolute state of physicalfags.
Yikes

>your digital games are far safer

Yeah because it's intangible data you don't even really own

>Yeah, and a physical disk can be stolen, scratched, lost, or destroyed
If you let it sure. Why are you so bad with taking care of your own things? And why are you letting strangers into your home? wheres your alarm system? Why do you leave your things lying around in plain sight and not under lock and key? These are all you problems.

Good luck emulating when digital turns into streaming you fucking retard. It'll be your enabling cunts fault

>durr what is bitrot

Who the fuck shops there? I preorder or buy physical vidya online because its quick and easy.

You're lumping me, an enigma. in with the masses. This is why you have no concept of why people like physical media. you're using one person's reasons (mine) to define everyone's. How droll.

The last game I bought at a GameStop was my SMT IV pre-order

>when digital turns into streaming you fucking retard.
steam will never go full streaming.

Plenty of console exclusives for one
>Inb4 t-they don't count!
Also signature use/spam is bannable

Very rare.

>What's a good way to steal some systems without getting caught?
mark them as used and throw them out

Attached: Jill.jpg (884x2145, 1.24M)

An ancient legend that has never been proven. Your point?

>WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?
Because when I went to gamestop to buy gravity rush remastered they didn't have one in the store and they also said
>I dont think that game exists user
So, I went home and ordered it on Amazon. Which had it. With preorder codes included. After the game had released.

Attached: 1566912000350.gif (319x258, 2M)

A literal myth. I still have discs from the early 90's

Mine was a used copy of Radiant Historia in 2013

Every console exclusive except Halo 5 (GaaS trash) can be pirated.
Do you not even know what CFW is?
Christ, physicalfags, not even once.

Yes, and it will happen in Canada too
Thank fucking god

The same thing happened with the guy who started craigslist. He walked into the local San Fran paper's offices and tried to sell them the idea of internet classifieds. They laughed him out of there. Now most papers are begging for advertising since classified ads are practically obsolete.

Yea because it'll shut down for not outperforming streaming. Like GameStop, you naieve retard. How do you fucks not see a pattern?

> Just make sure that doesn't happen lol
Life happens. Unless you're an obsessive NEET loser that can't ever lose his games because you're in your room using them 24/7.
> digital is bad because streaming is bad
Chimp brain logic. Digital and streaming are two separate things. Streaming is bad but digital download is good. Promoting digital download doesn't "enable" streaming in any way.

Gravity Rush Remastered was an Amazon exclusive in the US, and received a fairy limited print run on top of that which is why it's so expensive now.

Attached: 1557684768985.jpg (900x1200, 145K)

I have had custom firmware on every single console I've owned and had the pleasure jailbreaking. I still buy physical games even with that. CFW is a gate to allow you to play anything, doesn't mean you own everything. If I play a game I like, I go out of my way to obtain in for future plays. Plain and simple.

Attached: IMG_20160223_152401.jpg (2048x1536, 479K)

As I said
>D-doesnt count
We're done here, brainlet. Enjoy the corporate cock

>anything that would be seen past a net gain in sales will simply be destroyed rather than make a "negative gain" on a deep sale.
and that is a part of why theyre going bankrupt. its business 101 that some revenue is better than no revenue. you could argue theres only so much real estate to house games, but place 2 bargains bins somewhere and thats probably the entirety of the shit stock of any given store

though the main reason i suspect theyre goig out of business is their shitty buy-back prices that make their client-base liek them less, making them less likely to continue doing business whether buying or selling, and the mandatory up-selling of useless "ultra gamer cards" and shit like that

The studios wisened up and now we basically have the rebirth of cable TV: online edition. Much to the detriment of netflix's entire business model.

sweet maybe I can pick up a 2nd gba a link cable for pennies

>You can't pirate these games
>Yes you can
>B-but I still want to buy physical!
Oof
>>D-doesnt count
Kek, you moron, it doesn't count because it's literally not true.
Do you actually think piracy doesn't exist on consoles.

You are incredibly dumb if you don't believe streaming will take over digital like digital did to physical. Dumb and underage

>Life happens
Put your games in a closet with a lock. Its not hard guy. And don't give me some bullshit romaticist scenario like: But what if a bnurglar breaks in? Why the fuck would he attack your closet of videogames he can't even see over stealing your TV or computer first? or even your valuables? Think logically, god damn man.

>blockbuster
killed the mom & pop stores which were great and had better selections of cool shit including adult stuff
>toys r' us
overrated
>gamestop
the blockbuster of video games, fuck them

Imagine unironically loving any of these companies. Holy shit.

...Did you even read? I said you can pirate these games, and I do. religiously. Doesn't mean i'm going to accept pirated copies as proof of ownership. If its a game I like, I spend the money on it. Thats what hobbyists who can afford their hobby, do.

Stop shopping online.

>the transition to merch and toys over the last few months was apparently not effective in bringing profitability back to the failing company

some retard exec got paid millions to come up with that idiot idea

this but unironically

>I have to show the other goys that I'm as good as they are and spent just as much!
Christ, that's pathetic.

>which is why it's so expensive now.
Well add that to the collection of: Games that weren't expensive when I bought them because they were cheap and no one cared until way later. Pic related.

Attached: I LOVE IT.png (500x500, 17K)

without gamestop setting prices for used games I predict a massive increase in prices.

>implying we'll live long enough to have the algorithms and/or infrastructure for streamed games to beat the client/authserver and client/mapserver models
Funny shit.

There is always gonna be a need for employees for super stores like Walmart and Target.

People are too retarded to use automated checkouts without getting arrested and dealing with shit on the back probably won't see automation for a while.

> getting your house robbed
> bullshit romanticist scenario
Imagine being this retarded. In the USA alone, 3,757 burglaries happen per day on average. That's 1,371,305 per year. And that's the USA. Imagine what it must be if you live in a third world shithole.

I wonder if they have insider information about PS5 and the next Xbox going all digital licensing like the Xbox One originally planned to. They'll have disc drives but you won't need the disk after the initial install and you can't resell the game.

It's only the US version that's expensive (The one that will give you save data bonuses for 2). You can still order HK copies for $20 and they're in English but the save file won't unlock stuff unless you're in PAL.

>liquidation sales
more like shipping them back to a distribution center and selling them online at the same price

>I have to show
No? Again. You're proving you can't read. I buy for me. I don't care what anyone says about me. I love my collection and I'm proud of it because it's mine and no one elses. Plain and simple. Please for all our sakes, stop scrolling and actually read a post you respond to. you're embarrasing yourself. And quite frankly, me by association with your neaderthalic assumptions.

Nah, people will always want to have access to their game files for modding and low latency. Streaming will never be acceptable for anything that needs to feel responsive.

I could have saved you. You could be thriving now, and all you had to do was sell more copies of Skyrim. But instead you turned your back on me, on Bethesda. For that, you must pay. For both of our sakes, I'll make this quick.

Attached: F4B3EC61E96442BFB20749DADBD7558C.jpg (870x894, 88K)

>if you use your money on something that makes you happy you're feeding the jews

its called shilling and greed, and it won't die, but the host it infected in this case will

>I love my collection and I'm proud of it because it's mine and no one elses.
>I'm proud because I spent the most money on toys
If it only makes you happy because you spent money on it, then yes, that's pretty pathetic.
Literally his entire argument is that his collection matters more if he spent money on it.

Gamestop has always been garbage. It only had that "magical" feel to it because you were a kid.
Blockbuster chose to not adapt to the trends and paid the ultimate price.

gamesexchange is everything gamestop wanted to be but better
bad business = die
i will enjoy playing games for $2 ea, and they have an actual cd buffing machines

>being upset when a billion dollar company goes under and doesn't just go to a local game store

>being a lifer
>at gamestop

I've heard of underachieving, but

Yes, and 3,757 people have shit security, no deadbolts, no VAPAI security camera network, No Alarm systems, and no sense of paranoia. You're vastly overestimating the average american family. Most leave their doors unlocked and most burglaries are by association, IE: Someone who knew there was something to gain.. So yes, Bullshit romanticist scenario. If you have something worth protecting, you do all you need to protect it. You probably don't even have a means of self defense.

His collection matters to him because he presumably enjoys collecting and also likes having a tangible physical copy that can't be taken from him.

And you can obtain the same physical collection via piracy.
In reality what he cares about is the pretty plastic box.

there will ALWAYS be people who want to buy, use, and modify their own hardware, no matter how fast internet gets.
Streaming will never completely take over.

You better hope you don't live long enough to see it

>I'm proud to spend money on toys.
Yes, I am. I pay bills, Mortgage, and anytihng important with plenty to spare. Am I supposed to squander it on food and hookers instead of something I actually like and can revisit? Honestly. your logic is simply mind numbing.

This fellow gets it. Glad to see someone with an IQ over 50.
>And you can obtain the same physical collection via piracy.
Except you can't. A maxell DVD+R with a game run on a hacked console =/= An official copy. Your way of thinking is that of a poor man who obviously cant afford the base MSRP of the modern videogame, and takes it out on people who can. You're clear as crystal in that aspect and everyone, not just myself. can see right through you. .

As tech improves, the latency will be gone and normies will love how easy streaming will be. Like movies.
Hell, we thought we got rid of streaming in Vidya with onlive, but here it is again. Modding is niche compared to the whole markets want

Nah, streaming might kill consoles, but it'll never kill PC.
Too much money on PC is made via esports, and esports demands the lowest latency possible, so much so that we're already seeing 240 Hz monitors in the mainstream selling for sub-$400.
As such streaming will literally never be viable.

CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY IS COMIN FOR YOU NIGGA

Attached: img-booker-t-hulk-hogan-we-coming-for-you-762.jpg (640x480, 32K)

You sound so confusing in this argument, your argument isn't against physical games you're just arguing against purchasing anything.

>As tech improves, the latency will be gone and normies will love how easy streaming will be.
Tech can't improve past the speed of light m8, at least not in our lifetimes (and likely not for another 400+ years).

>As such streaming will literally never be viable.
it could if actual progress were allowed in the ISP space.
But we're still stuck in early 2k-tier.

Yea and there is still people that want physical, yet here we are with physical stores shutting down. Doesn't matter what the minority wants

> Like movies
Movies are one of the biggest bastions of physical. Not exactly a great industry to make your point. There may eventually be streaming exclusives, but there's little reason aside from DRM not to release games on digital download as well. Games with no DDL option will be the equivalent of Denuvo games today. A minority compared to the overall market, and the internet will throw a shitfit when it's announced.

Digital was criticized as being impossible because of slow download times when it first launched. Now it's taking over. Stop looking at the current as what it'll always be

Damn this makes me want to work for GameStop just so I can be a nigger on my first shift and then never show up again.

GameStop got what it was asking for, for 20 years.

amazon still sell physical games.
Collectors editions and the like still move plenty of units.
There's even a publisher that specializes in getting digital games a physical release.

streaming games isn't only a tech issue though.
Whole markets were made in the past decade from autists who want specialized rice shit for their computers.
That market is not going away any time soon.
Especially considering theres copious amounts of other problems not getting solved soon like
>battery tech still in the 20th century
>desktop vs mobile hardware disconnect
>portability

>what is shipping errors and mix ups
I did inventory at a shitty fast food restaurant for 5 months and it'd happen more than you think.

I worked at Game Crazy when they shut down, after closing was announced I would buy cheap clearance shit and slip real games into the cases instead most days I was working.

The fuck is a gaming room? Obviously not an arcade, or hey would fucking say s-
>zoomers knowing about the coinop age
Oh right.

I saw something like this in a mall a few towns away. They offered use of their consoles for a price per hour and this included stuff like VR which I've never tried so I was a bit curious and asked some questions and they do other shit like host Smash tournaments.

see

user I think I'm retarded, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

My area has like nearly a dozen gamestops within under 15 miles of my house. It really is too much. If it's for the best they should downsize, but I do want them around for physical pickup. Ordering online is unreliable and I have no interest in going digital only. I like to actually own my stuff.

see
you fucking mongoloid.
Streaming will literally never be able to compete with a 240 Hz or even 144 Hz monitor.
Most streaming services can't even compete with a 60 Hz monitor.

Attached: Input delay.png (1358x765, 326K)

It means they're going to be selling MtG mainly

>apply to a GameStop
>read this thread
Is this what that one user meant when he told me I was stuck in the neet life forever?

Attached: 08941290814890.png (1920x1080, 495K)

Not strictly mandatory but Mario rabbids released with a bug that made you lose all your gold when you reset your skills unless you installed the day 1 patch.

And I didn't realise this until I was halfway through the game, I couldn't work out why my gold kept fluctuating and I eventually reached a point where I was too underequiped to progress but grinding the gold I needed would have taken way too long, as such I never finished the game.

>Only getting carts
>No cases or manuals
Worst than Trump's crimes against humanity

Weirdly enough there's a sizable amount of people that sell 3ds cases on eBay for like 4 bucks.

Not him but GameStop can honestly be pants on head incompetent in terms of stocking. I remember I went there one time to get a copy of .hack gu collection on release day. They stated they were out because only 4 copies came in store because of limited interest for the game/ reserves.

I proceeded to walk over to the Walmart five minutes away and buy said copy of .hack gu collection which they still had in stock and had at least a dozen copies left. The fact Walmart who isn't even specialized in gaming merchandise can out do them (even for niche shit) is enough to convince me there worth has deteriorated.

THANK YOU TRUMP

WE CANT STOP WINNinG

>476892202
Fuck off reddit

You got this user, just make sure to have a little faith

Attached: This is all going to plan....png (779x463, 560K)

I mean... why go to gamestop when I can get it on Amazon or at Walmart

One time I went to GameStop, around 2014 or something, and I got a free Game Informer.
It was a Fortnite Game Informer.
I explicitly remember thinking to myself "there's no way this game is going to do well."

Attached: 1544744227773.jpg (434x393, 69K)

What are the chances I'll actually be able to buy some vidya at fucking gamestop at a good price for once when they're liquidating?

Blame zoomers for being good goys that buy everything digitally.

>Tfw only physical game I own on Switch is Astral Chain
BOOMERS GONNA FLIP

>remembering when fortnite was originally announced and how excited i was for it
would be brainmelting to go tell my past self what would come

you're getting arrested
get a job and buy it and save yourself the fuckup.

Fortnite was announced in 2011 with just a logo, and i have no idea how you could have been excited for that.

If anything, I'd call them bad goys. Everyone should prefer physical, regardless of ethnicity.

>gamesexchange
>game sex change
wtf no way

We’ve gone too far

gamestop went up 15 cents a share today so I'm just happy about that

youtube.com/watch?v=2GSfjeYVpkQ
i just love base-building and hoard shit.

You ain't seen nothing yet, kid
watch this
ga(y) me sex change

Toys R Us and GameStop (EB Games) are fine in Canada. Canadians still go to brick and mortar shops quite a bit. Blockbuster is gone though.

I closed down a circuit city. Its actually comfy if you're living at home rent free like I was. They called us in in groups and I was with the assistant manager and he was crying

Based, fuck women.

>retro-gaming stores
FUCK THE FUCKING BUBBLE WAS JUST ABOUT TO POP FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: FUCK.png (510x353, 394K)

Brick and mortar physical locations are dying. It's a sad feel. The excitement I felt when I found a game I spent months and months searching for is but a fading memory in an age where I could have just bought the thing on Steam or the console stores. Convenience has killed the human experience, replacing it with crippling loneliness.

That being said, fuck Gamestop.

At least apply to a grocery store or even a factory user. They aren't glamorous but its bound to be better than FUCKING GAMESTOP.

Damn shame
For all its faults, and it had a ton (I worked there for a couple years), they had one really good thing going for them:
They were the only game seller, physical or digital, that regularly lowered prices on older games. If I wanted a copy of a PS3 game from 2012 I could get it from GameStop for under $20. That same game is still $60 on PSN.

Gamestop destroying their inventory instead of selling it for literal pennies really shows why the company deserves to die. As a giant fuck you to my former district manager, I'm glad this company is going under.

>The man who leaked GameStop's layoffs a few weeks ago is making an extremely bold but plausible claim-
Stopped reading here. Even the lowest-level employee was clued in on the layoffs. It wasn't kept secret.

S
FUNCOLAND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU

Meh, I don't really care about physical, for me buying games is less about buying the game and more about supporting the developer.
If I don't like the developer or what they stand for, I won't buy their game.
The physical copy is largely meaningless to me.
As such, I've bought almost exclusively nothing but Jap games over the past few years.

That cocky Gamestop twitter is gonna be salty

>Jewbuster, Overpriced-R-Us and FUCKING GAMESTOP
>nice things

Attached: 1442304236307.jpg (1024x569, 109K)

I'm too much of a spaz for that, user. At least in a games store I'd be around other autists and rejects.

Assuming we're discussing nothing but part-timing here: Merchandising work > factory work > grocery work > dry retail

Blockbuster only lived on with nostalgia and was a relic of its time.
Toys R Us sold overpriced plastic shit and only stayed around because of its name.
Gamestop has treated its customer base like dirt and are now suffering the consequences.
Fuck all three businesses.

I got all those steelbook indie games with soundtrack and steam keys for 97 cents each

Have everyone in on it at the time and have another friend rob you calmly when the store is quiet with a rented car that can't be traced back to him. I don't know what procedure is for robbery but you could just claim you were in shock probably. Who knows, I don't really condone stealing.

You can be as autistic as you want in a factory dude. Your coworkers aren't even going to speak fucking english.

I want a discount Arcade1Up for sure

You'd be surprised, the blacks are starting to learn english and they'll keep asking him if he's a virgin or gay, or what basketball team is his fav. I hope he doesn't live in america.

S

I’m really fucking glad. I hate GameStop and their promotion of trash gamer geek culture and stupid fucking video snipets.

They didn’t care when devs were losing money because of their trade in program where everyone loses.

In fact you could even say they were the reason bullshit like paid DLC and in-game digital sales and loot boxes were pushed to the level its at now

third shift factory positions are perfect for spastic neets
t. a spastic former wagie who used to work (and enjoy) working at one

>I explicitly remember thinking to myself "there's no way this game is going to do well
Wasn't Fortnite just a AA tower defense game before battle royale?

This is a little sad but not surprising. I still am a physicalfag and always will be but I use amazon to buy my games.

If they are closing, I want to check out their switch serial numbers. I remember one time I wanted a 3DS on a certain firmware but they didn't want me "looking it over to see if it worked". Thankfully it was low enough. Now they shouldn't give a fuck at that point if I said I want to pick out one for myself right?

Attached: frog.jpg (225x225, 4K)

As someone who has worked at a grocery store for 2 years now, absolutely do this. This is my 4th job technically, but as far as money goes, union jobs are the absolute best.
>Paid weekly'
>Paid on time
>Flexible schedule as long as its 40 hours a week
>Friendly customers who just want food
>Don't have to deal with idiots 24/7

Produce department is max comfy, once you're in its heaven.

As long as they stay open long enough to honor my daemon x machina preorder

>If they are closing, I want to check out their switch serial numbers. I remember one time I wanted a 3DS on a certain firmware but they didn't want me "looking it over to see if it worked". Thankfully it was low enough. Now they shouldn't give a fuck at that point if I said I want to pick out one for myself right?
>we laugh at people like you desu like dude they dont pay me enough to check for faggot ass serial numbers in that cramped system room squatting like a slav, I understand why you want me to, but no lmfao.

Never mind that every location in my district is out of hackable switches, all replaced with the new model.

stocking shelves was unironically pretty comfy aside from rotating out the promos at the end of every aisle every few weeks. But the existential dread of doing it for the rest of my life got rough.

Tell me this, are the consoles bundled up in a bag all together? I know certain LE switches are 100% hackable and identified by joycon color. Like if I said "give me a splatoon switch, would I get it if in stock in a bag, or would I just get any switch system with the color joycons from a box?

physical is much cheaper, only a retarded nigger pays 60 for a 2 year old digital game, digital fags BTFO

dude if you want hackable switches, places like walmart and target care way less and will just show you the shit. that dudes acting like its a lazy thing he wont check but i've seen gamestop people get all moral like OMG HACKING IS BAD but they sell tools to make bootleg amiibos in store

thanks bro I don't want to make 12 bucks an hour at 40 years old, fucking idiot

Guy here, it is legit laziness. Moralfags embarrass and confound me, I don't care what you do with it.

>places like walmart and target will care way less
If they care even less than I do they sure as shit won't check. A better idea would just be to ask them for "white box" switches since the new models are all in red boxes. I'd be able to tell in an instant if we have any, and my answer would be a resounding no

You sound upset user.

both stores just have a glass case in the electronics aisle they open up not some backroom shit and they legit just open it and let you look

>liquidation sales
Oh boy half price funko pops.

I got my first job soon but how do I deal with that back pain and leg pain and also hide my cuts if I can't wear sleeves besides dealing wit it

Who the fuck is even the market for Funko Pops

>too big to fail

How many fucking times will this be said and how many fucking times will it be proven wrong?

I can't even fathom having so little ambition or imagination that you think a soul crushing retail job for literal retards is the pinnacle of employment. It's just fucking sad when you see adults working those jobs. If I were they unskilled and basic I'd work in a factory or something.

These are good options. I still will never forget how even best buy has import options lamestop refuses to get.

Children, man children and heavy set women who smell of ham.

There is nothing wrong with working in a grocery store.

Thats nice that best buy will special order your Vita panty theft hentai games for you, user.

I want the after story of this.

>If I were they unskilled and basic I'd work in a factory or something.
There aren't any. And the ones that do exist are staffed by robots.

Well I just kind of outlined why people find it pathetic but okay.

>FunkoStop
remember when all the Funcolands became GameStops and then the GameStops became FunkoStops and then the FunkoStops became closed?

I will never forgive my aunt or gamestop for preying on them with the deals they thought were good. They traded in about 8 of my sega games for literal shovelware just to get a magazine. Not only did I make her go back in there and get my shit back. I also threw a damn tantrum till they gave everything back on the receipt. Imagine trading x-men, x-men 2, contra hard corps, and other games for fucking a steel talons genesis port.

I hated them then and I hate them now.

I live with SJW lesbian roommates and they literally filled up 2 sides of the garage with them.

You sound like you were a pampered little faggot.

This was a repeated trend over the 6 years I worked for them, every year we had at least 1 new acquisition that was meant to change how Gamestop did business, forced their employees a new line to recite to the poor saps coming in the door and a new metric for managers to critique their subordinates on, only for them to give up and move on 8 months later.

It's like every member of the board had "DIVERSIFY" tattooed on their left asscheek, they couldn't fucking help but buy shit that they didn't need and didn't fit the company's market.

Why is Yea Forums so closeted? Funko pops are crazy and you can get high dollar for the rare ones.

GameStop has garbage “”””””””””sales””””””””””1

>Digital copy meme
No. Gamestop is dying because fucking Wal-Mart, Target and Best Buy all are just as capable as they are of selling games and don't put you through the same bullshit and Amazon sells them for less price wise.

Gamestop used to be a place where I would go to find old PS2 games for cheap and shit like that but one they they just threw all that shit out to replace it with Funko pops and collectibles that nobody fucking buys. They also massively overpriced their used games and gave you fucking nothing for trading in used games. You also can't just go in and buy a game without getting 20 offers.

Gamestop absolutely did this to themselves. They are so incompetent that people are buying games from the same store they go to get groceries from because Gamestop is such a hassle as doesn't add any value.

What should I even spend my gamestop gift card on? Switch games are all free, PS4 games aren't worth playing. Maybe a controller, but I have a ton already and it's not like anyone plays with me to begin with.

Where the fuck am I going to buy my games now? Walmart? Fuck, I loved Gamestop. I don't want to have to get shit delivered all the time. Where the fuck will i browse for used games?

uh pretty sure the plastic box and disc costed like, 2 bucks from your 60 dollar game bro

Man I remember just poring over the text lists for funcoland prices constantly and finally saving enough to get a used Sega CD and a bunch of SNES games I had always wanted. I think they just had one location in California at that point and it was the first time I remember used games being readily available to order.

>Switch games are all free
what, do you work for Nintendo or something
>PS4 games aren't worth playing
oh so you're a picky cunt

best buy actually carries used games

Is this the revenge of mom&pop shops?

Attached: Revenge.jpg (592x840, 159K)

you don't own a paper clip? or an rcmloader one?

Don't you have secondhand book and record shops that sell games where you live?

Wrong. I bought all of those games myself spending days sweating cutting grass and carrying a lawnmower and gas cans around before mexicans took my hustle.

I own plenty of paper clips, don't know what an rcmloader is. Is that a piratefag thing?

you can literally pirate switch games with a paper clip and a PC/phone

Well that just seems like bad security on Nintendo's part. I don't pirate but I feel like every single one of their consoles has an easy workaround like this, it amazes me.

Not that I know of. I don't think so.

Yeah, Epic basically took the Gears Horde mode and tried spinning it into a "full" PC game

Just siphon 1 or 2 games at a time when they start shutting down. You can easily get a dozen or more.

lmao your aunt sounds alpha

It's still more work than 99% of people will ever even think of trying.

Not really. She folded pretty easy

People still go to Gamestop? You go to an actual store to buy your game? Where they sell opened copies as new? Why the fuck would you do that when Amazon and Ebay are a thing and you're guaranteed to get exactly what you want or you can fuck the seller and never have to even leave the house?

I stopped going when they stopped having any games I wanted anymore. I don't have current gen and their PS3/360 shit is lacking. I already have anything good or anything else I'd want I'm not paying $30 for some shit that's 10 years old.

i trade the shit i pick up, like 360 controllers, to gamestop for easy store credit.

i spend like 2 each on 5 controllers, made 12 credit on each one. 10 dollars for a 60 game? sure.

fuck you

fellow arizonachad?

I got prime and got like 3 free years of switch from them in physical form for free. Take the amazon pill. Unironically spending less than I normally would and it replaced my netflix at the same time

I stopped because I don't tolerate them taking the games out of the cases anymore.

>browsing for used games

either know what you want beforehand, or don’t. but get a life

Gaming room?

>Where they sell opened copies as new?
I've never had this happen, but I only ever grab games day 1 and the manager there is strict as hell so maybe that's it.
>Why the fuck would you do that when Amazon and Ebay are a thing and you're guaranteed to get exactly what you want
no waiting for shipping
>or you can fuck the seller
I'm not an asshole.
>and never have to even leave the house?
My gamestop's a 10 minute walk away, I can grab games and groceries on the same trip.

>buy game at gamestop
>get home
>insert disk into ps4
>this disk contains 3gb of data please download the other 28gb.

or

>download the data without the cd, price possibly cheaper.

an empty cd doesn't even fucking count as physical anymore.

>tfw my area used to be like this
>tfw recent economic boom fixed all my vidya obtaining problems
Feels fucking good to be out of the stone age, suck it, mountainfags

Attached: 9E1A4577-637F-4C1C-ADCE-649B8F4DDBAB.jpg (1121x816, 518K)

Thjs argument only holds for 7th gen up. ^th gen down does not have this issue ergo your argument is invalid.

>this disk contains 3gb of data please download the other 28gb.
That's what you get for buying shit games user, I've not even seen this issue on anything since No Man's Sky.

i prefer physical but your argument is stupid. generally with digital downloads you still have to download the day 1 patch afterward anyway because 99.9% of devs are fucking hacks

If that's the case, it's 100% Microsoft/Sony's fault. I've literally never had a Steam game where it didn't automatically install the most recent version of the game.

So basically every game that gamestop sells.

>buying games
lol no, I have't paid for a game since 2013.
probably won't start anytime soon either. deal with it.

true, but that same argument works in favor of mine as well.

you also have to think about how many physical pc games exist in todays market user. the argument was definitely aimed at console

>lol no, I have't paid for a game since 2013.
>probably won't start anytime soon either. deal with it.
So you're talking out of your ass about something you have no experience with?

That's still the past 15 years. Physical games have been irrelevant for a long-ass time.

Gamestop was always shit. Good riddance.
>lol new games that we opened and took the disc out of
>lol you wanna preorder this? how about this? how about this? this?

I have plenty of experience, I just don't pay for it.

Now doesnt matter. your argument is against physical games as a whole and their worth. Theres 30 years of physical media thats more than worth still owning.

>gaming rooms
Wat

like card shops and cyber cafes

Toys R Us is coming back to the US albeit smaller

>Friendly customers who just want food
My time at a grocery store was split between "hobos/minorities from the bus station across the street trying to scam us" and "rich people with little tolerance for new employees".

Attached: 1448768097584.jpg (444x460, 121K)

F
youtu.be/jREUrbGGrgM

My real job is freelance art and design. But I still enjoy the work i do for my produce department. It pays the bills while my comission money (usually 2k a /mo) goes to my leisure spending and savings.
I oversee trainees and new hires for the DM, so its always nice helping kids younger than me get their foot in the door.

It’s online stores. The high street in the UK is a pretty dominate industry for lower paid people, and it’s dying. My area suffered near destruction when it’s industrial production died, and it’s high street is dying now. Very sad. Likely similar in America.

Nearly a decade after GameCrazy died. If only they had lived as long instead.

>Dude I'm gonna risk being a criminal.
>Or I could just pay 200 dollars for what I want, instead.

There's a reason stealing is frowned upon; not only is it disrespectful to the people who made and earned the item, it's just plain stupid.

Because they really don't have any nice things.

Can't remember the last time I WENT to a store and they had something I actually wanted.

I might get a job for Gamestop but is it even worth if i the place is going bankrupt before contract expire, my brother with a degree in economy and finance tells me the pay for the job offered is cotton farm slavery tier and that i should just not bother even if i get contacted again...
Yesterday i went to the shop for the interview they asked me to go but in the span of one hour lots of people walked in ( store located inside one of the biggest shopping center in the area) but the only sale i seen the guy behind the cashier was a 3DS game, the place wasn't selling shit

Then the people looking for a place to play boardgames have already their shops, Gameshit would probably bloat the rooms with useless annoying shit
Just declare bankrupt

Infinite growth is not a sustainable model, why do these assholes keep insisting on it?

It's a shame, fuck the funko pops but GameStop has really been ramping up in the statue support lately. Lot of figmas, nendos, and other general statues available.

FUCK gamestop
FUCK preorders
FUCK rewards cards
and most of all, FUCK FUNKO POPS

Is the guy running their social media department going insane or something?

Attached: 1320891348.png (1200x1470, 984K)

Full retard just like the management

I decided to make this console generation the last one I buy into, well maybe nintendo will get a little more money out of my wallet depending on weather or not they continue making physical games on their next console. I don't trust digital, been burned too many times to trust any digital gaming platform.

The fuck? Gamestop sold that? Now I need to see if a shop near me has one.

I like to play games on the same day of release instead of waiting 2 weeks to get it because the shipping company fucked up and ordered in too much volume to be shipped.

How do I get demo units and shit?
I just want the shit I can't buy myself.
cardboard cutouts, whatever. just don't want to dumpster dive.

>Gamestop sold that?
That and more.

Attached: ReZero---Starting-Life-in-Another-World-EXQ-Ram-Figure.jpg (1000x1000, 37K)

When theyre closing down go in and ask if you can have it. The demo machines youll probabaly have to pay. But cutouts and displays theyll probabaly let you have. Do you think a bunch of Gamestop employees that know they're losing their job soon will be so adamant on keeping junk they'll have to haul to the trash only for the people they told no to go take it anyways.

This. Think the last game I bought was FF13

At least they tried to stay open by becoming a mini toy store. Some retailer close right away when they start losing money

>When theyre closing down go in and ask if you can have it. The demo machines youll probabaly have to pay.
like how? just pay for the consoles inside?

O bought a tonne of Vita games from EBgames because they were selling them cheap.

So they're going to be an online store with gaming rooms, or are they going full retard and just going gaming room?

>Went from Gamestop to Costco

Thank god I applied when I did

When did GameStop start selling to my demographic?
Why is there so much RE:ZERO stuff in particular?

Attached: 11426241.jpg (1200x1200, 62K)

All Gamestops accept preorders for statues/nendos/figmas. Usually they have a catalog on the counter of the latest shit you can preorder. If you don't want to deal with importing, it's pretty good.

They can't even seem to afford new games anymore. They haven't gotten more than 2-3 copies of any new game since June in my area. Still can't get Astral Chain, and they just got Fire Emblem back in stock this week.

When you have you’re liquidations sale hide the systems you want then mark them as Fifa 2006 and charge yourself .86 cents for them.
You’ll be running away with a few thousand dollars of games for less than lunch

>old sticker font style from years ago
Cringe and bluepilled. Fuck stores that still use those. Update your fucking sticker printer. They look much better now.

>Wagecuck to mongo wagecuck
Congrats user

I salute you you crazy bastard

I have $700 of unused gamestop credit I was hoping to use on a next gen console.

how fukced am I bros?

mine started selling weeb shit 3 years ago

Damn, that's a shame. I don't want to go full digital because storage space fills up so fucking fast, and I don't want to have to order shit off of amazon, and Best Buy's always been bigger misers than Gamestop anyway.

With Frys dying, I guess I'll have to go to a more standard shop for vidya when I don't feel like waiting for shipping.

We don’t need shitty things
I’ve found more niche weeb shit at fucking Best Buy in South Carolina
Meanwhile at GameStop I only see 2K

>Do you think a bunch of Gamestop employees that know they're losing their job soon will be so adamant on keeping junk

Last time I went to gamestop if was all nerds and geeks like me so i can see em literally job hording everything in there cars.

Best Buy is garbage that price gouges people for fucking HDMI cables.

I make 28 bucks an hour and get good benefits. Suck my dick nigga.

I've been ordering from Amazon for the past 5 years because Gamestop is literally on the other side of town. Having the game on my doorstep right when I get off work is nice desu.

of course its garbage, but gamestop still makes best buy look like fucking gold

Thank god for backwards nips for keeping physical games alive

Wait until closing is confirmed, if it's confirmed before the next gen speed over to gamestop and buy some new games or something you can flip to get the money back.

I didn't even know there was a new sticker font. My local store never switched.

You shouldn't let people like them know about good jobs.

This
I’m surprised Switch games didn’t come with some nasty kill code that deletes the game if it detects it’s not running on a genuine Nintendo Switch
Just fuck my shit up Fampai

>liking twinks
Disgusting

What's GameStop's endgame here, what does all this toying with my dick accomplish?

I hate GameStop too but how hard is it to say no and move on? Like you posted a smug anime girl so you clearly have autism but I hear this shit all the time on Yea Forums

Why is Fry's so dumb with its stores? You would think an electronics based store would be easy, but last time I went in I explored the entire store and walked out empty handed. The DVD selection was especially sad.

This is some nigger shit but fuck gamestop. Godspeed niganon.

Attached: 198198741.jpg (552x391, 164K)

You lucky bastard, all the gamestops in my area just sell funko pops. The only weeb shit I see there are Overwatch nendos because ironic weebs love the gook bitch in the bunnybot.

BUY THE DIP

is this what "being hip with the new trends" looks like these days

>Tfw been going to the same gamestop around the corner for years
>Recognize some of the workers there by now
>Some of them recognize me, even know the kind of things I usually shop for, but not so much as to be creepy
>Always end up spending too much, but felt like I had a good relationship with the folks at the shop at least
Gamestop was basically one of the last specialty shops I visited anymore. It's really underrated to have a store specifically devoted to something in particular. I could go there to ask about issues I was having with a system or controllers, and get reliable advice because the people who worked there tended to be the sort of people to know a thing or two. I'm really bummed about the general implications of this.

physical cucks are borderline retarded. That plastic is useless since most games don't even full run off CDs anymore. If they do there are usually patches to make it playable.

Shit, why didn't he try robbing a bank then?

>cum on it daily until GameStop closed or something
have any anons done something like this?
how did it turn out? Was it pony cum-jar level? Or at least like the user with the liter bottles?

based

>Even though I've been in gamestop over ten times the last few months I've only bought one used game there once
>I've been to a local vidya store I found a few times and everytime I've bought stuff because they actually carry good shit at a great price
Yet I still feel if Gamestop shut it's doors I'd be saddened. The guys there are pretty cool usually (where I live). I just hate knowing in it's place will be something even worse, I guess.
If it doesn't just close and never get a new store like the quiznos two doors down from it. Closed 4 years ago and still empty.
Crazy. Fuck companies, small business dying is the death of our culture.
Kikes in property management will only rent space to offices and chains anymore.

Attached: 4358708051627.png (438x438, 380K)

It's either that or attempting to be woke, but yes that is what happens when boomer marketers do the "how do you do, fellow kids?" thing.

Bathrooms have no cameras or you could act as if you are doing a system count pretend to see a bug caught on the tape sealing the preown box and start stealin it that way or move one from preown to send back to warehouse and steal it the day on Sunday when you send it out.

Just come to Japan. There are tons of Toys R Us stores all over the place here, and people still rent physical DVDs in stores as the primary way of watching movies.

your local video store was good at the time, ballbuster was always a bunch of cock suckers

If you work at Gamestop and haven't figured out how to steal shit yet, you haven't been paying attention.

i'd feel sad if they didn't try to convert the business into hot topic lite and just focused on vidya

Of course it is. How in the fuck can they make money when the only thing they're selling with a good margin besides new release CEs is Funko Pops?

Most of their inventory never moves...have to pay employees to move useless inventory around all day and clean up gamer poop. There's no way to make enough money in the digital age to support it.

They can't even go online as a business because their website was coded in 2002 and never updated so nothing works right.

>GameInformer is dead
feels weird man

>Best Buy has better payouts across the board, and won't be going under any time soon
There's no fucking way Best Buy is giving $54 for Smash Ultimate.

I won’t weep for GameStop. I will weep for Babbages and Funcoland. Good riddance.

Sorry if youre still here. Ive seen plenty of collectors that would go into closing gamestops toys r us, and kmarts when they had display games.

Just go in during their closing sale and ask if you can either A buy the demo console for a discounted price, or if you want the screen display and stand tell them you want to buy it and take it that day. Thats jist junk theyre gonna have to chop up them seleves unless theyre buying it themseleves i cant see them saying no

>I don't buy physical copies of games
>Yet I somehow have experience with new physical copies of games despite the fact that I just said that I don't buy them
Do you have a concussion or something?

he's cornering the invader Zim market

Cases at least are easy to replace. You can buy a pack of cases for $10. Just print off the cover (+manual if it's there) here and pop it in.
thecoverproject.net