It's just a costume, who cares?

It's just a costume, who cares?

Attached: Bane_e875ab_7279093.jpg (1200x1813, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18598271
twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/1169384884042895360
twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1138488218716844032?lang=en
twitter.com/RareLtd/status/1138488551841181701
twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1169387070529429504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It FEELS real, this is the closest thing Gen Z has gotten to a character in Smash

It's just a party game, but lots of people care.

it doesn't look like a costume

Attached: 1567642909019.jpg (2048x1382, 200K)

That should be the Mii Gunner girl underneath though

>someone drew this

Attached: joe budden.gif (230x206, 1.79M)

Yeah but it also comes with a cool ass remix.

It fully covers any mii features, so it's close enough for me.

>Who cares
Lets find out
strawpoll.me/18598271

fanart don't give a shit

Attached: EDq6kN5X4AEDQGn.jpg (4000x3000, 988K)

you do you thread making nigga

I care because they had the nerve to put Ness in the game 3 times.

why isnt there an option for sakurai rambling about "poor souls"

>terryfags mad that their character reveal was glossed over because of a mii costume
lol

Most of the uproar is that it's such an unlikely addition coupled with him being the meme funny pick people have always mentioned. Indies in Smash was unheard of before Smash 4, and even then the only things we'd had were the CommanderVideo trophy in 4, and the Shantae Spirit and Shovel Knight assist trophy in Ultimate. This is the first time a playable fighter can effectively be this kind of character. And yes it's "only a costume" but that's still really fucking cool, especially with how amazing the costume is (easily one of if not THE best Mii Costumes in the entire game, it just looks exactly like Sans would, not some halloween costume) AND the fact it uniquely comes with a new music track too.

Sakurai and co. saw people wanted Sans, and yeah, some people did want him legitimately, and they gave the next best thing in what is essentially a fighter that can look exactly like him AND stage music for him.

I like Undertale and think Sans is a fun character, though personally I didn't even entertain the idea of it in Smash due to its newness and not being super relevant. I think it's hilarious and awesome that I can play as him in fucking Smash now AND have Megalovania playing too. AND as someone who already plays Mii Gunner, it's also a good costume for a character I already enjoy.

Also why is that pic of Mii Swordfighter when it's a Gunner costume.

The fact someone drew this is CRAZY.

It's more of what it represents.
An indie creator fucking met, hang out and played Smash with god Sakurai in his house.
I don't care for Undertale but you can't say that isn't something damn impressive in itself.

Terry's reveal and Sans' weren't even on the same day, what are you talking about?

Are you retarded. It was literally in the exact same direct.

He means no one gives a shit about Terry

Terry was revealed 2 days before the direct tardlet

>It's just a costume, who cares?

>yfw you realize Sans was never a skeleton

Attached: 1468444371706.gif (300x173, 238K)

The SNK leak isn't a reveal, and also did not mention Terry. Try harder next time faglet.

>Mii Gunner

Absolute worst character in the game

Terry is the king of SNK, everyone knew he was coming as soon as they saw that logo

It's probably the biggest honor someone can have in this industry short of creating a new billion dollar franchise. Especially given how he is an indie developer. The guy is seriously living the dream life. I'm tempted to play Undertale in support the developer making a dream (that a lot of us have dreamt) come true for him.

yawn

Joker

nice Twitter meme.

who?

>doesn't have his own moveset
>doesn't have his own voice lines
>doesn't have his own announcer voice line for CSS and victory screens
>doesn't have his own victory fanfare
>doesn't have a spirit
He doesn't feel real. Not at all.

>Undertale
>Not super relevant
LMAO

Inkling retard

>le Gen Z
Everyone loves Undertale. When did we start categorizing things by nonexistent generations?

>More art is being drawn now of Sans being in Smash, than Terry.
Terryfags must be so pissed right now, literally all their hype was stolen out right from under them by a literal mii-me.

Attached: 1560566780425.png (700x600, 126K)

To be fair to them, the SNK leak kind of killed the surprise of it.

Is that h20 delirious XDDD

What the fuck you guys told me Undertale was a shitty tumblr sjw furry game and is just a fad and now years later it gets smash bros representation? Why did you lie to me?

It was a good game m8

it looks exactly like him though not like somebody wearing a costume

Probably pasta, but I wholeheartedly agree

>mfw I realise it's a skeleton inside a body inside a skeleton

Attached: 1406927098137.jpg (261x247, 19K)

Sans deserves it more since he’s not getting any real Smash content of his own

Sans is literally a playable character

Mr. Protagonist from Persona 5

why would they be pissed? they got their character in smash
im more surprised sans fans aren't angry with only getting a mii costume

>Banjo has been requested for nearly 2 decades
>Sans got several tens of thousands more tweets than him
What the actual fuck is wrong with people

Attached: 1564408931477.jpg (367x597, 45K)

What's the point of being in Smash if nobody validates it?

That's the deal here; Sans is getting hype because EVERYONE is just straight up accepting that it IS Sans. He's quite literally a real playable echo fighter.

Terry is just.. nothing. No validation of any kind. No attention. Can you say that being lowkey ghosted is really the same as being a hyped up fan favorite newcomer?

It's crazy to think undertale fans are not as autistic as smash stinkies

Banjo is really not that interesting both mechanically and as a character.

What's your point? Sans has always been infinitely more popular then Banjo. Not to mention he's all around a much better character

Right, as long as you have fun with him

Why do faggots act like old things are inherently better then new things?

I mean, a lot of people who have been waiting are already dead. So there's that.

I dont really see why anyone should be pissed if they're fans of sans and terry. People here just look for excuses to be mad.

I get to make them validate him when I take Terry online

I think context is pretty important
Leakers like Vergeben have been pushing for an SNK for quite a while, then knuckled down on Terry days before the direct, so any surprise factor immediately went down the drain, similarly to how Ryu and Lucas got literally datamined before their official Smash 4 reveals
Meanwhile fucking no one called Sans + Megalovania in Ultimate, even as a costume, it feels like a surreal meme but it's actually real

>Sans has always been infinitely more popular then Banjo.

Even you know this is not true.

Attached: 1410207295997.jpg (323x323, 72K)

I thought the point of being in smash is to be fucking playable
what the fuck is this mindset that you can't enjoy something if everyone else isn't

>Banjo has been requested for nearly 2 decades
Why are you saying this as if it were a good thing? To me it just reflects poorly on his fans

twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/1169384884042895360
twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1138488218716844032?lang=en
twitter.com/RareLtd/status/1138488551841181701
It's big, but Banjo's announcement was still bigger.

Are you shitposting right now? Sans is like one of, if not THE, most popular video game character of the current Gen.

it's just a fucking cookie, who cares?

Attached: 1566096801463.png (1220x878, 1.07M)

LOL no it fucking wasn't. Nice try using the EU account

twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1169387070529429504

San's Mii costume got so much more hype then Banjo's entire reveal. This is the single biggest media explosion a smash announcement has ever seen

Maybe if you just hand around in zoomer discords and twitter all day, out in the real world people care about undertale as they do about Portal.

You do know Undertale sold like 15 million units right? It's as mainstream as a game could possibly be.

lol. This gen has been really shit, but there are way better characters you can attempt this bait with that we all won't make fun of you for.

You can measure it by how many played each game

Every time I hear people mention the game it's always praised to the point where you'd think it's Citizen Kane of games or something, does it deserve the praise or is Undertale just overrated?

I really don't get why people like sans so much
I beat all the routes of undertale and I think sans is a cool character
but I really don't give a fuck about him being a costume
I just don't get it

>uses buzzwords like zoomer
lmao fucking seeth harder, underage

>How could people possibly like what I don't like

I literally said I like sans
but hes just a costume
hes no different than any other costume in the game

Don't try to talk sense to a rosterfag. They probably don't even own the game.

The costume is literally Sans as a playable character

>Using tweets as a metric
Next you're going to say Gone Home is more popular than Fortnite based off of Tumblr likes.
You answered your own question. Sans got more twatter attention because the yung-uns that like Undertale use twitter. Banjo fans aren't new age attention whores so they don't bother.

It's the only mii in the game that looks exactly like the character its imitating. They should have went an extra step and had his "guh" voice, then he would basically be the real sans. Because who really gives a shit about his moveset? He has no actual moves to carry over.

Because Sans getting in was alnost as much of a meme as Sans himself.

this pic is canon

That's not a huge feat with how many times it's been ported to consoles, and probably bought by the same people who already had it on PC. And just because something sells doesn't mean it's good or worth mentioning. Also, by that logic Gran Blue and other mobile games would have more noteriety to the public than established franchises like Mario, which they don't.

I think the Undertale fanbase is just very vocal and dedicated

>Banjo was more hype then Sans! See look at the likes
>....
>UHHH ACTUALLY LIKES DON'T COUNT REEEEEE
Also LMAO Banjofags are the biggest attention whores in Smash who are you trying to kid?

Stupid fucking faggot, NEVER EVER listen to leaks.

Especially since they branched from another notoriously obnoxious fanbase, Homestuck.

Undertale is a good game, but yes, it is overrated. It especially was at the start of its release.

you're retarded for thinking that

He's meme culture, and a really popular one to boot. There are a lot of Undertale fans, but I'd argue there is way more people who are just excited because "sans undertale" got into Smash rather than because of the Undertale representation.

Attached: nofreakingway.jpg (1440x736, 333K)

>complains about ness
>one million FE reps, with the entire roster of three houses being the next fighter pack

>uses buzzwords like zoomer

>seeth
>underage

I do hope you appreciate the irony here.

>Homestuck
that fucking explains it

>That's not a huge feat
Yes it fucking is lol
>And just because something sells doesn't mean it's good or worth mentioning
Oh of course. We should all hope to be as contrarian as you one day.

Undertale is one of the biggest games of the current gen. Get over it lol

You can make it canon by making your Mii be Frisk. It's a fairly easy face to make iirc.

Yeah this, to add to my original post I don't think it's a bad game but it gets a bit ridiculous hearing the things I hear about it.

If meme shit can get Ridley in then I don't see why it can't for Sans next game

Banjo&Kazooie's initial hype already happened when he got revealed. Sans' Mii Fighter costume just dropped yesterday. You gotta remember that Banjo&Kazooie got infinitely more attention than the DQ Heroes did, even in Japan.

It doesn't change the fact that Banjo&Kazooie were heavily requested ever since Melee. I don't know who you're trying to impress or whatever. No need to get all defensive about it, bro.

Attached: 1561896821493.jpg (1280x720, 269K)

It's one of the most established franchises in gaming recognizing a random indie game made by a westerner

>Proceeds to act like utter fucking cancer
UTfans are the bronies of video games.

>Banjo got more attention then hero
>Banjo was heavily requested since Melee
Jesus Christ this cope. I love how Sakurai made sure to take a big shit on you by telling you to go back to Xbox.

Why is Sans a meme? And how did he become associated with Family Guy?

>Able to make a Mii wear the Sans mask and different outfits like toad's suit or the maid dress
>No one makes art of him wearing anything the other Miis can wear
I thought people would be all over that by now.

To Yea Forums being part of pop culture = being cringe. So making a "cringe" character like Sans so silly things is how memes are made.

This is why "Shrek does silly internet thing" is such a EBIN ecks dee maymay

Shovel Knight?

>And how did he become associated with Family Guy?

It's a fake pic.

No shit, Sherlock. But why? Why is Sans associated with Family Guy? Like in that hypothetical Family Guy/Undertale copypasta.

>no counterargument
Stay mad boomer. Maybe the second season pass will throw you another bone so you can stop foaming at the mouth.

It really does sound like you're mad that Banjo isn't as popular as you thought.

Where on the spectrum are you?

What is
>Inkling
>Joker
>I'd argue The Animal Crossing characters
Plus a lot of people enjoy Undertale regardless of age.

... What coping? What the fuck are you talking about? Banjo&Kazooie are still in Smash, whereas Sans is just a Mii Fighter costume. Good lord, Jesus Christ. Calm the fuck down you absolute sperg.

That would be implying that I'm even the same guy you were initially replying to. How about you chill out, bro?
No shit that the new hotness in this day and age would get more excitement than a series from 20 years ago that hasn't had a new game in a decade.

Aw man

>Banjo&Kazooie are still in Smash
Yeah the way you need to constantly remind yourself sure doesn't sound like a coping mechanism. Are you just mad that playable Sans got more hype then the meh Banjo get or what?

They're seething real bad.

>YOUR A SPERG
>CHILL OUT BRO
Golly I wonder if it's you or those other guys who's truly angry.

>Banjo got more hype than Sans!
>gets shown concrete proof that this is false
>w-well Banjo is a dead franchise so of course he didn't get as much hype!
Holy mother of COPE

Attached: laughingbudgie.png (432x413, 216K)

Sans' costume is kinda amazing.

The fact that fans of confirmed characters are getting jealous of his overshadowing hype is impressive. Sans is LITERALLY breaking the delusion that being a fighter makes you beloved and important by being a costume that's more beloved and important then some fighters.

>Undertumblr's having an autistic shit-fit ITT
Yikes.

How is asking where the Undertale/Family Guy connection came from in any way autistic?

>You gotta remember that Banjo&Kazooie got infinitely more attention than the DQ Heroes did, even in Japan.
You stupid fucks see a handful of ecstatic Japanese reactions people picked out to post on an american site and suddenly he's bigger than Dragon Quest, lmao

Enjoy the costume, lads. You earned it

Attached: 1543614842572.gif (245x155, 312K)

Undertumblr's are acting super defensive for some reason right now. They probably didn't take their pills today.

Are you really so contrarian that you can't even say tumblrtale like a sane person?

More beloved than ALL the fighters announced so far apparently. Banjo and Dragon Quest were huge compared to the other announced fighters, at least twice as big, and even they look like drops in a bucket compared to sans. Sans might even have more tweets and likes than fucking Smash Ultimate announcement tweet.

I don't think he's a Tumblrina. Tumblr isn't too keen on using autism as an insult.

>got called out so hard for lying that he can't even reply to others anymore
You're not coping nearly as hard as you should.

The same people who give a shit about MUGEN, apparently.

People don't care about the sans outfit because actual care was put into it. compare it to Geno's, the complete sans outfit looks like sans while Geno's looks like a mii wearing Geno's clothes

steven after not surviving

Attached: IMG_20190605_234725.jpg (1080x1149, 114K)

I can't help but to get autistically angry at Sans fanart. They ALWAY draw his face wrong. Turning his joyful grin into this weird grimacing expression. And what really bothers me about this one, is that they actually drew his face accurately for the mask, while fucking up the real San's face. Just what the fuck is wrong with people?

To Smash. Not that that should stop it either though.

I think the artist intended for Sans to look uncomfortable in that drawing

I literally didn't even know who Terry is

It's accurate, user.

Attached: 4cb1b110ddadbf3463b97d30636f4a9717afd095_hq.jpg (255x212, 9K)

Clearly you have actual autism, considering your autistic shit fit tantrum ITT

Alright, alright. Maybe THIS time it's ok.

it opens the flood gates, we know now that an Undertale character can get in now, Sans may be popular but he isn't the main character. His costume being in means that the actual star of undertale can get in and we all know that its Doggo

based

>steve skin for the sword mii is coming next

I completely missed the SNK leak, what was it and why was it more convincing than the thousands of fake shit we got on a daily basis?

>it'll be the diamond pick axe instead of the diamond sword

>Implying zoomers give a shit about Persona

Intern-kun struck again by putting the SNK copyright on the 4th DLC's page of Nintendo's website. From there Terry became the frontrunner for obvious reasons.

its a costume that comes with music
i hope he sets the standard for future costumes

*steven

Dragon Quest 11 Hero is the primary Hero. Also Incineroar.

Why is the mii swordfighter wearing a mii gunner outfit?