What happened to Vindictus? I just started playing it and while the game play is amazing the raids are outright cancer...

What happened to Vindictus? I just started playing it and while the game play is amazing the raids are outright cancer. I do no damage meanwhile some dude does like 50% of the bosses hp, I feel like dead weight.

Why are there like 5 stats that effect damage and why are there so many damn things to stick on a weapon once you've got through the pain in the ass of composite crafting.

Attached: 2019_08_10_0000.jpg (2560x1440, 1006K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-pRdaZXcaug
youtube.com/watch?v=w1GN93-f96w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everythings is instanced soulless grinding with semi-interesting button mashing

Only good thing were the customer-bait fan service bitch costumes for females

>Only good thing were the customer-bait fan service bitch costumes for females
isnt that basically every MMO?

I don't mind some grind but it suffers from the usual korean shenanigans to trap you into spending money.

Need gear to do end game content
Need money to make gear
Need to do end game content to make money

The sluts are pretty fucking good though that's true.

Attached: 2019_09_02_0005.jpg (2560x1440, 948K)

What do you mean? It's always been like that. The more new-ish stats are Additional damage and Counterforce

Should've played it in 2011-2013, still had soul then. Not the stupid Yea Forums meme soul but actual soul. They cared about making a good, fun game. Now it's a glorified gacha game.
It's very very unfortunate because the new character is really fucking fun to play; she deserves a better game.

Which one? Eira or Bel?

Tfw a competent coop action game has existed for almost a decade, but dmc5 still ain’t got it

Eira. I 100% forgot there was another one after her because he's just Lann with one free hand.

Wait no that's Grimden. Who's Bel?

newest char in kr, smol girl big axe

I remember playing it around 2012, it was kind of fun.
this song will always be my favourite hub theme

youtube.com/watch?v=-pRdaZXcaug

Ah. He said Vindictus not Mabinogi Heroes.
I'm kidding but why on earth would you assume I meant the KR version when no one in their right mind would jump through all those hoops to play with sky high ping

Thankfully the feeling the OST for this game gives me hasn't changed. This game deserves a better company.

the game went from skill based to pure p2w bullshit. you need to +9000 your weapon and socket all the cash shop things and then you can do damage too, user.

because an active player like myself keeps an eye on whats coming to the game to better prepare

>remembering when raids actually needed to be full to have a chance of winning
I wanna go back.
I WANNA GO BACK

In any case, I just looked her up, she looks like a return to form in a way. Also, is she Evie's sister or relative? She looks a lot like her and it's canon that Eira is Arisha's sister.

Played it back in 2010 i think, whenever the Glas raid was the latest one. Back when the game was still fun and before you got kicked from a boat for not having 12k atk or whatever the stupid community agreed requirement was. Last time I logged in they gave me free armor that made me op af. I assume it was to get new players to breeze through season 1 content because they don't care about it anymore...or maybe because it's probably impossible to find any boats now and there's no way you can solo season 1 if they don't buff you

Oh gotcha. Bel kinda looks like a poor mans version of Delia.
I fucking love the crescent island boss music youtube.com/watch?v=w1GN93-f96w
I've heard season 2 was peak vindi. Shame I missed out on it. I'm playing it now and the game is a ton of fun but jesus I wish I didn't feel so useless. Doesn't help when I floor master on Macha and that's not even including Agares or Bright lugh

Attached: 2019_08_28_0004.jpg (2560x1440, 1000K)

nope

>Season 2 was peak Vindi
Nope, that's when the pay2win REALLY started setting in bad. Season 2 raids had fucking BONKERS defense when they were new. They've since been nerfed both by actual nerfs and by the power creep.
Peak vindi was when the level cap was only 75.

Also, can someone send a team of gorillas to fix the UI coding?
>it fucking redraws the entire UI every frame

Oh really? Most people I talk to who played vindi during seasons 1 to 2 really gush on season 2. I kinda wish they'd tone down the power level for season 3 though. It's insane

Attached: 2019_09_02_0002.jpg (2560x1440, 1.21M)

No. p2w started pre s3.

People talk like that about it probably because they started playing when S2 was still new - it got a huge surge of new players when it happened; they just had effective marketing for once. The game was a lot better when each location had you going to a different dock (which is why people refer to S1 locations as "boat 1" or "boat 4"), you could only carry 16 potions and you had to use them carefully (when the fuck did they remove the animation) and the grind was actually challenging. I don't know why they don't just give everyone the option to skip to level 90 now because up till then the game offers nothing in the way of challenge; it's incredibly understimulating to play.

It started with s2. People who were at the level cap could only do s2 raids at their level and it was genuinely impossible to beat Kraken without high enough DPS, which was nearly impossible to attain without a steady flow of money towards enhancement protection stones or whatever they're called. And that's assuming the RNG was kind enough to even get you the materials to craft a good level 70 weapon. They didn't always just hand them out after every battle.

Fair enough. The game is pretty much a tutorial till level 90 the way I see it. The game doesn't really start till you hit garden of tears anyways.

Also anyone know how to get some easy stats? Apart from titles.

Attached: 2019_08_14_0008.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

Upgrade mastery skills. Strength mastery or Intelligence mastery depending on your character. Max those out. Then prioritize gear that boosts those same stats. Other than that, RNG and money.

but thats how it should be, raids for the people that can actually do them and not some deadweights

gold ein lacher

This is no different from any other MMO. You're not gonna get good damage without spending lots of time on gear. If you don't like that (like me) then I'd suggest staying away from MMOs.

Still, Vindictus does have good gameplay, and since combat is based around avoiding damage you actually can solo raids with time and practice so long as you can kill them in under an hour

Shit I got that stuff maxed out already. Also wish I wouldn't take so much damage on blockade. I'll blockade an entire combo string but not recover all the hp back with revenge and it';ll leave me with negative hp so im chugging hp pots like a champ. So I just dodge out of them instead?

I wouldn't mind that but at least give a way for people to grind and make some dollar so they arent dead weight. Shit sucks man.

Attached: 2019_09_06_0001.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

well the dungeons were possible, it wasnt strictly raids you know

forgot to mention, keep an eye out for some redeemers in megaphones and see if you can leech them. ideally joining a guild that does redeemers gives more chances to do this, its free stats and loot without doing anything.

You're missing the catch-22 here.
>can't do the raids because your gear isn't good enough
>can't attain good enough gear because you can't do the raids
>the one time someone lets you in and the raid is successful you don't get the materials because the RNG was straight garbage
The only thing you could do was buy premium shit to not have a better chance at succeeding weapon enhancements, but to avoid your weapon blowing up upon failure, so you still had to grind out the enhancement materials and you still had to fork over more money to protect the weapon and you'd be at it for weeks before something good happened, and then you'd start over because you needed to get your weapon another 3 enhancements.

The dungeons don't get you anything worthwhile. They're a time killer if you're capped and an exp source if you're not.

but grinding the dungeons allowed you to acquire said gold to purchase the materials that werent obtainable by you from raids. i dont see the problem. raid drop rates were god awful to begin with and still are. this is kind of circumvented now due to an expanded loot table of scrolls and damascus steels dropping i n raids

how was getting CM/TR/CMA/ODM not worthwhile also, you could still fall back to farming older content for the scrolls not strictly newer stuff

GOLD? Nigga did you not play at that time? Inflation made any gold you got from a dungeon LESS than worthless.

i did not mention actual gold reward. what i meant was the drops you could sell

The older stuff was objectively weaker and wouldn't get the job done. You would still have to do everything else with dripfeeding money to Nexon to enhance the weapon.

Which there were none worthwhile in dungeons. You could farm scrolls, but those were almost a 0 on the drop table. Same problem.

What dungeons can you even farm in S3 to make money?

Attached: superinteresting.jpg (1935x1392, 583K)

Yfw this game still runs like some optimized piece of garbage.
Really makes me wonder how Koreans made BDO when nearly all of their 3d MMORPG's I've played ran like shit. Vindictus, Tera, BnS, Astellia, Bless and a bunch more I forgot.

>Want to play this game again
>All my old characters got deleted for no reason
>Runs like shit on modern hardware
>Decide to give it a try anyway
>Game gives me overpowered gear from the get-go
>breeze through the first 30 or so dungeons one-shotting everything and leveling up each dungeon
>try other classes and do exactly the same thing
>quit and uninstall
Ive done that maybe 2-3 times so far
Fucking hate it when games that make their early game too easy, happened with Dragon's Nest too.

Attached: 1565914859358.jpg (250x250, 8K)

The game is basically a tutorial until you reach level 90 raids in season 3.

yes but selling the items you acquire would allow you to buy materials to make 80 weapons at the time
and doing raids would be the same problem as youd get nothing anyway so in the end you were better off doing something else

this was all circumvented when twilight desert came out and nighthawk gear was usable and decent for a 70 there were break off runs you could do which did not take long at all and you could grind billions to sell the mats for. all you required was the ability to deal with the most monotonous profitable money making that would rot your brain

It runs like garbage because of the UI. I don't understand why but if you turn off the UI with the minus key on the number pad then you get a huge boost in frames. Like, a fucking HUGE boost.

FUCK ISET. Why does this slut have a 180 instant swing reeeeeee

Attached: 2019_08_03_0003.jpg (2560x1440, 643K)

Probably because of the spaghetti tier coding. I won't even bother anymore since it became so p2w.

>raid boss that's as small as player characters
>requires a full raid to beat her
>can't fucking see her under the dogpile of karoks
Why the fuck did they think this was a good idea

it was fun to see all the shitters die when you were good, fun times that no longer exist due to 4man pts

game is just old sadly and we can never go back

Attached: 1563159171415.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

>4man pts
Also no longer exist sub-level 90. You can solo the entire game, completely brain-dead too, up until s3. Then the learning curve is more of a learning angle and you're on the acute side of it.

Just want golden god man. Then she comes along and ruins the fun. Was that shit an 8 man raid when it was end game cause that sounds like a total shit show lol.

The Astera content is pretty fun although it's fucking nasty gearing wise.

Also how the fuck do people manage to still have 90 balance when they've got fast on all their accessories? Where the heck are they getting the stats? they don't even have enthusiastic enchants

Attached: 2019_09_04_0009.jpg (2560x1440, 860K)

I think there are armor enchants that increase balance.

golden god
armor and weapon enchants
weapon synthesis to max out bal and the rest
premium outfit +2 bal