As a 26 year old yesterday I finally realised I'm completely out of touch with the youth of today...

As a 26 year old yesterday I finally realised I'm completely out of touch with the youth of today. Hardly anyone knew what an "SNK" was or who Terry is in the gaming Discord I am in today. Is it over for us millenials bros? Should we stop playing games and hand over the torch to the next generation?

Attached: 54132134.jpg (384x258, 25K)

you did this to yourself. My groups are fine

Fightan games are already niche compared to 20 years ago. It really shouldnt be surprising, user.

>Should we stop playing games and hand over the torch to the next generation?
Quite the opposite, zoomers will kill gaming because they don't actually play games, they just watch millennials playing the current colorful fotm they're too stupid and/or attention-ridden to play themselves while regurgitating whatever shitty meme comes out of it.

>Being in children's gaming discords
Gonna be a yikes from me

>retarded smashers think terry is a ken clone
God these retards can't get any more annoying.

>being in a public discord and not just hanging out with your friends
this is your own fault

>hanging out with highschool zoomers

Yeah, SNK is huge with your average 26 year old. NOT. Ha.

>just want to meet some cute girls online and potentially find a gf
>it's always just old greesy dudes or underage faggots
How do I escape this cycle of social ineptitude?

Attached: 1486493871067.png (500x500, 78K)

>the gaming Discord I am in

Attached: 17CBCB5D-064E-4DA9-88BF-C1C7AB13CC49.jpg (680x346, 22K)

I saw a 12 year old wearing clothes that were all branded with "Fortnite". Fucking crazy.

>people that are younger than me don't remember something they weren't around for
what.........? how can this be happening bros??????

Attached: 1553478884989.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

>that guy who asks who terry is while he mains ness and captain falcon

Attached: laff.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>in the gaming Discord I am in

Attached: 1564770688515.jpg (960x540, 69K)

>go to a discord
>what? Why does nobody know what they're talking about?

I refuse to believe people don't know what SNK is. Anything they've made? Sure. Don't know who Terry is? Okay. But they've absolutely heard of "SNK" before.

I'm 29 and have no idea who he really is. I mean I know him in like the smallest of fashions. You're just a fucking neet. Has nothing to do with being 26. No one our age played anything other than SC and especially MK on genesis / snes. Literally fuck off, you did not own a neoxheo at the age of 2

We're talking about nintenddies who get excited over Smash roster announcements and console conferences. I'd be amazed if they knew what an X-box was, much less SNK.

Go to a bar. Or tinder. Or bumble. Or badoo. You're a fucking retard. Wait are there local area discord for meetups? How to find?

SF I meant

>gaming Discord
Nintendo fans truly are the incels of gaming

I'm 26 and I don't know what any of that shit is either.

Attached: file.png (525x158, 23K)

>Go to a bar. Or tinder. Or bumble. Or badoo.
Tried some of those and all of them are too normalfag for me. Also, bars are just full of whores. If libraries were still a thing I'd try and find a gf there.
>Wait are there local area discord for meetups?
Some are, some are just international ones where I've found people who live in my own country and even near by. But it's always dudes.

>being some hick in a bumblefuck town that was so obscure and irrelevant he didn't even have a 4 in 1 NeoGeo cabinet anywhere in town.

>never played fatal futy/kof
YIIIIKESSSSSSSSSSS

Everyone's a whore you deluded retard. People like sex. Libraries are still a thing, but if you can't handle the apps what makes you think you can handle picking up a girl in a legitimate spot they usually don't want attention at? Kek

Do you live in a farm?
Everyone frequented arcades in the 90s

I literally live in California. Maybe you have it backwards where you had literally nothing else so they have you a fucking fatal fury box. I played shit like battle toads at arcades anyway. Imagine being so retarded you paid money to play fighting games on arcade

>I SURROUND MYSELF WITH OUT OF TOUCH RETARDS
>AM I OUT OF TOUCH?

fucking ban twitter, discord, and reddit screenshot threads for fucks sake

meanwhile this person is pushing for shantae, tails, or literally any cookie cutter first party meme rep

I'd be completely fine with Shantae though.

Based
It's a party game after all

>playing fightan on consoles
>playing platformers at the arcade
If you're gonna pretend you're over 19 you can atleast put forth some effort to not come across as the biggest retard

to hell with the new generation

>Imagine being so retarded you paid money to play fighting games on arcade
Imagine growing up a sheltered autist with no friends

This.

Sorry, fighting games are just boring. Smash is one thing because it has actually enjoyable modes to mess around in like time limit and moving stages, but these old snes or earlier games not only would never be experienced by anyone under 30 without older siblings/manchild dad, but just aren't appealing. The graphics look nice from the trailer, but the gameplay is simply unfun from what I've seen.
Feel free to keep acting like some leet for playing an emulator. The rest of us want to talk about actually relevant and good games.

So funny how many 20-30 year olds don't realize they are PRIMARILY interacting with teenagers all day when they post on Yea Forums/reddit/twitter/discord

>he paid 50cents every match instes dog just buying a copy of the gsme
Retaaaaaard

>Libraries are still
Most of the students these days just download e-books. Have a sister who's a medstudent and pretty much everyone on their course just pirates books online. Hell, I even had to download some books for my sister from rutor in the past.
>if you can't handle the apps what makes you think you can handle picking up a girl in a legitimate spot they usually don't want attention at?
What?
>Kek
You sound more and more like some underage basedmaster.

>I literally live in California.
You have my sympathies.

ok I get it, go back to fornite kiddo

I’m 31 and I don’t know a lot of new characters so it goes both ways. If they put in some fortnite character I wouldn’t know them.
I only know Sans because of this place.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-05-19-16-28.png (1440x2560, 826K)

I'm 27 and I realized this over the past year seeing people react to No More Heroes.

atleast you stopped pretending and instead moved on to just being stupid instead

I visited my aunt in California all the time, and her bowling alley had an arcade. But no fighting games, instead their star prize was Time Crisis 2. Shit got me so hyped I got a PS2 copy and a shitty third-party GunCon that honestly was fucking terrible and hindered me more than it should have helped, but it let me 1CC that same cabinet a year later so i'm not complaining.

>battletoads arcade
>platformer

I go to Akron U and the six libraries here always have tons of people in it. Stop being a pussy and blaming life on shit that isn't even true. You just suck at talking to women and are blaming libraries "not existing"

I'm 25 and I didn't know what the fuck it was.

>am*rica
>also a phoneposter
All I can say is I feel sorry for you. I hope the nuclear holocaust won't be painful for you lot.

Eh, it's not like KoF/Fatal Fury are that popular among people who are not into fighting games. Among my 25-26 year old friends most of them only had a vague idea who he was. SNK simply does not have any brand recognition these days, the only thing most people mgiht recognize is Metal Slug.

Based on all fronts

27 year old here and I has to explain who he was to my friends who are of a similar age. I just think outside of JP he's a relatively obscure character.

don't worry, it's just smashfags, most of them don't actually play games

See

Sounds like my life is exponentially better than yours though from your post. COPE.