Uncle gave me a Razer Blade Stealth for graduating college. Is it a good labtop?

Uncle gave me a Razer Blade Stealth for graduating college. Is it a good labtop?

Attached: 531538-thin-bezels-better-look.jpg (810x456, 83K)

are you an idiot

No :(

My parents wouldn't even give me something like that if i discovered a cure for ass cancer

>labtop

My parents just took me out to eat. My uncle is a rich fag and likes me.

Yes.

Overpriced but decent, will be redundant in a few years though.

My STEP mother bought me a motorbike

Nice

>$1400
You could probably build an equivalent desktop for half that much or even less.

I didn’t pay for it.

You want to trade it in, don't you? Think that says it all.

>labtop
>lab
You can fuck off and die

>posts on wrong board
>calls it a labtop
What fucking college did you graduate from?

He already posted there 2 days ago. Everyone told him it's shit but he still needs validation from smarter people, hence why he came to Yea Forums.

as far as laptops go, yeah
For the money? of course not.
Its basically a macbook pro but it's more powerful and capable.

You will probably be able to play any current game on it at 60hz on at least medium-high settings, but it gets hot. Really hot.
Honestly if you were looking for a gaming laptop, you want one of those really fat asus G-series laptops because they have massive cooling systems which increase their performance a ton. Plus you can change/service every single component on them like a desktop.

If you're a casual (read: not a fa/g/got) then it's probably the best you'll get. be thankful.

>Hey wait need to put in my bag that ATX Tower plus chair plus 27 big monitor! and of course keyboard+mouse!

How fucking stupid you can be seriously? there are people in this world who spend 90% of their times out of home and having a laptop that can be used for play shit and work is the best option.

Did you fuck?

Attached: 1550909566492.jpg (2048x1558, 598K)

Gaming laptops are unpleasant to play on.

Attached: B10.jpg (293x295, 14K)

She asked me to sleep in with her for "cuddles" but I thought that was weird at the time and said no.

I dislike razer but I don’t want upset my uncle.

Your mom

Holy shit

Attached: image0-2.jpg (629x567, 33K)

*sneaks up behind you*
*unsheathes razer blade stealth*
"Heh, nothing personal kid"

FOOL!
I felt the heat from your piece of junk and the heavy mouth breathing gave you away.

I got a new BMW after i left college

Attached: vynx384blqk11.jpg (2518x1024, 804K)

It's okay, but it's already being made garbage by next year's model out at the end of the month.

A desktop is still better for gaming, but the specs on this thing will let it flex on photo editing and be a pretty decent video editing machine. Just mind the SSD space.

It is pretty good. Unless you absolutely want the very best, this laptop should give you many enjoyable years of doing whatever it is you enjoy doing at your computer.

Computers don't turn to garbage because something better gets released. Choosing to buy a given computer (for a given price) when a new one is released may be a garbage choice, but the computer itself is still as good.

If it was free, then why would it be a problem? Unless you got one of the many rtx cards that produce eardrum bursting amounts of coil whine.

You are right. Computers turn to garbage not when new computers are released, but when new games for the new computers are released.

Are there even good 144hz laptop screens below 1k?

No. You can barely even get decent specs at that price.

You're right, but I mean more that the newer model is packing a discrete graphics card, whereas the current iteration is going off the CPU's graphics processing capability.

It doesn't make the existing machine any less worthwhile like you say, but having a discrete card helps with memory intensive stuff, since you can take the load off the processor.

But this all assumes OP is even interested in working on applications outside of gaming.

My gaming laptop has a 1050ti in addition to the integrated graphics. I notice in task manager that it never uses the discrete GPU for anything but games. Integrated graphics can handle 2d videos just fine. The GPU is only needed for 3d rendering.

Yeah so OP, you can't 0lay games for shit on that thing. It's a $1400 Microsoft office machine.

it's usually decided by the computer, but you can override the choice and force it to use the GPU memory instead.

If only it could use both at once for MAXIMUM POWER.

Sell it and buy something that isn't gaymer meme shit. Call your uncle a faggot

No, make up some story about a defect that you traded it in for. That way Uncle is still happy and will buy more shit for OP in the future, instead of feeling burned.

Attached: _0.png (453x599, 111K)

>i7 1.8ghz
>integrated graphics
>16gb 2133MHz ram
Nice $1400 paperweight

Attached: 46874489.gif (400x260, 2.47M)

His uncle probably knew what he was doing and didn't want his nephew to be a gaming loser.