River City Girls

how is this? should I play it?
the steam reviews are mixed and i heard the gameplay gets reptitive extremely fast

Attached: 1565852748165.png (1920x1080, 3.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=artist:clusterfunk
youtube.com/watch?v=kyWKFQ7bklQ
github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio
dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ203290.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ky1gEusOxvw
youtube.com/watch?v=k7mpWPKt4wk
youtube.com/watch?v=kMFJBd40Awo?t=17
rule34.paheal.net:81/post/list/River_City_Girls/1
files.catbox.moe/x70tbp.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> gameplay gets reptitive extremely fast
how is that any different from every other 2d beat em up

Does anyone have all of the art from that one lewd Imgur collection? It's not loading the images anymore.

We got official loli backstory

Attached: 1561270023041.jpg (2710x3164, 3.25M)

ill buy it when its on steam sale. cant pay full price

It's alright, granted I pirated since the devs are faggots and I'd never support them.

Attached: river city grills.jpg (344x360, 52K)

>Manga style panels
>But it's read left to right

Holy fucking shit I got cancer when I figured out how to read that. Doesn't matter if it's drawn by an american, either go all the way or don't go at all.

Attached: Despair but also DESPAIR.png (176x232, 21K)

What makes it manga style as opposed to comic style
hint: nothing, you're just a retarded weeb

Ah yes, because this was done in a stereotypical comic book style. If you would compare it to Marvel or DC comic books, 1:1. It has 0 qualities Japanese manga are known for. None. You are blind and stupid if you think this piece of media looks even close to the uninspired Japanese garbage know as manga

>normal ending is a troll
>actual ending locked behind NG
why?

Attached: 8708.jpg (300x279, 26K)

>Just play again!!! :))

black and white equals manga for weebs so sim city is a manga by their logic

>day of release
>threads already dead as fuck
My sides.

>tortanic!
>tortanic!

Behold the retard that doesn't understand there are multiple threads.

>Boyfriends so beta they get themselves captured and need their girlfriends to free them
Pathetic
They need to get with a chad like me.

Attached: 1541924734136.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

why are the devs so lazy? just optimize the game properly. This should run on intel hd graphics

Attached: file.png (331x195, 17K)

>Satania poster
>chad

torrent where?

As a Hasebefag, I hate that they turned her and Mami into bitches.

Attached: Hasebe.jpg (440x1000, 69K)

But, their boyfriends cuck them.

>i hate them but i guess i still enjoy their games

i dont even care that you pirated the game but you sound like a tremendous faggot with that type of mentality. its like youre forcing yourself to hate them because you feel like its the cool thing to do.

igg-games

It's super interesting.

Attached: EDvFpyuVAAAobZA.jpg (1200x675, 172K)

No I just don't like the devs. I can appreciate cute girls tho.

>No I just don't like the devs.

so then why play their games? stop with that faggot tsundere attitude

thanks user

Attached: 500.png (424x464, 190K)

Haven't played this game but there's literally no point in designing a woman like that and making her straight.

What's your problem exactly? I can separate an artist from their work. This goes for games, books, movies, etc. This game is an enjoyable little way to kill time. Why are you sperging out at me for?

>i7/8gb ram needed

>for a fucking 2d side scroller

who coded this shit

Fuck off. Tired of faggots like you who think girls designed with ANY sort of masculine qualities are automatic dykes. She's not one either.

It's running here on 1920x1080.

Attached: conf.jpg (652x448, 65K)

Did they rewrite hasebe and mami's characters for this spin off?

Attached: 1567720982055.jpg (1920x1080, 794K)

Is that Bimmy and Jimmy's ho?

Pretty much, but as you said, this is a spinoff. it doesnt have anything to do with the official canon Arc/Million/Technos/whoever have.

the game is called in japan 'Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun GAIDEN: River City Girls', yah, it is annoying to see characters we knew as good going all douchy, but at least we know its not gonna last.

unless River City Melee MACH!! says otherwise...

Marian? who knows? she might be considering FUCKING SKULLMAGEDDON is also in this game as a freaking pawn shop clerk.

no you are fucking retarded

why does Yea Forums hate these two qts?

Attached: 1567729509224.jpg (252x251, 24K)

They aren't pure virgins since they have bfs

She looks like the Neon version of Marian, but wearing a tube top like in the opening of DD2 on the NES.

Attached: DD2_Marian.png (48x160, 3K)

I want to be sandwiched between them

Attached: rcg(misako).jpg (1500x2067, 145K)

Imagine the cum dripping out of them.

>aren't dykes
>aren't overweight
>aren't trannies
>don't spout hamfisted social justice narratives
I don't know especially since this place likes to shit on female characters from western games all the time. Yet these two come along and nothing.

Attached: c39ebc3c0f96f9861a61652e951b69b5.jpg (788x1196, 129K)

just because they are teenage girls it doesn't mean they aren't virgins

they have chad bfs
they probably have done it with each other

>those fucking abs
I will now buy your game

>>don't spout hamfisted social justice narratives
>he hasn't played the game
oh no.

Tell us, user.

Show me one.

>meet pentakko bitches
>we meet your boyfriends every day
>...and every night
man Kunio is a chad

Attached: 1567192894884.png (1024x800, 617K)

The video files for these cutscenes literally have "manga" in their name, if you going to be this autistic at least blame the devs for being weebs first.

Attached: 2242.png (1158x560, 260K)

>eceleb cancer voice actors
>2 hour long game
>35-40 dollaroos
Yikes

It's the kind of abs that makes me want to punch her in the stomach and carry her over my shoulder.

Attached: 1553614290944.jpg (450x329, 109K)

Not him, but my thought has always been if you are separating the work from the creator then you should be comfortable paying for the work since that is all that you are evaluating, no?

I would rather people just outright say "I stole it since I am cheap and morally corrupt" rather than make up some bullshit reason that they internalize to excuse themselves of guilt.

Fucking this
Seriously the only beat em game that isnt is God Hand. And thats only because of all the shit you can do in it.

trying a bit too hard to tap into the cliche, aren't they? WayForward seems to have missed the point.

Play more games.

>Aren't dykes
And there's the problem. If this was yuri I'd pick it up in an instant. Instead their entire motive is getting dick. Nope.

What’s the actual ending? And does anyone have a link to it?

who says they dont have foursomes
and they scissor each other while kunio bottoms on the other side of the bed

It gets repetitive if you grind, but it got some cool combos to do, and you can change between the girls while playing. I don't see a reason why any beat'em up fan shouldn't give it a try, and it's easy to pirate.

wait where is the button to switch girls

are you retarded?

Who’s that character?

>Implying buff, masculine looking girls can’t be straight.

Attached: 0740BC08-95C8-4A48-9C85-09DF15CE1C6C.jpg (1125x1600, 1.27M)

There's no quick-switch.
You need to save and quit the game on the cellphone menu, then load the game and select the other girl.

>female NTR
picked up

i'm gonna guess you never had high school girlfriends

and this was in the early 2000s, teenagers have even less sex now

That's the point.

Beat'em ups are an archaic genre that belong in the past.

Attached: 1539367632342.jpg (1920x1080, 776K)

>meet Yoko ingame
>Misako immediately blushes when you talk to her
The subtlelest yuri.

You gonna drop a screencap faggot?

Same as fighting games that aren't Samsh Ultimate, right Zoomer?

>Woman behind the counter of some random shop can probably beat the entire game in less than an hour and looks like a comicbook heroine in casual clothes
This is the kind of world I would write.

She's just that perfect

Attached: 1564729506589.jpg (1757x2500, 292K)

Attached: yoko.png (1920x1080, 142K)

Yoko is rad as hell.

best boys

Kill yourself you retarded zoomer. Combo and juggle better you faggot.

Fighting games (especially Smash) are boring nigger garbage.

am i really about to play through this whole game just for this brown tomboy

salty boomer

Then why are you in this thread shitting on one of the genres that helped create them, Zoomy-Zoom Zoomer?

Play it to get a why-boner for Misuzu.

Where's the butt?

Attached: 1565936025657.jpg (1920x1080, 779K)

I wish I had a friend who I could play this game with.

>Then you should be comfortable paying for the work
No, people are more comfortable getting things for free. It's completely reasonable and more sensible to steal when they don't have any reason to consider the other party as human. The devs don't consider these people as humans either, so it goes both ways.

Impression so far is that it's better than Scott Pilgrim.

Attached: 1567556933318.png (348x288, 3K)

>drooling misako with no lipstick wearing only a bathtowel
I can't possibly get more erect than this
Actually, I could if Yoko were there too

Attached: 1553632385227.jpg (498x383, 50K)

Throwback, I suppose. Back when, some games (Konami games especially) didn't give you the real ending or even the full game if you didn't play on Hard. I honestly like the idea.

>yurifags coping hard and masturbating over their fanfiction
As if the discussion of this game couldn't get any worse.

Scott pilgrim wasnt good but it was 14.99 and had online eventually

I would buy it but right now I have my hands full with Remnant from the Ashes, Yakuza 0 and (funnily enough) Fight N' Rage. Add to that how Super Robot Wars T is arriving on the mail in a couple weeks and Code Vein at the end of the month.
I think I'll wait until the end of the year unless nothing else comes between October - December.

It was also like two hours.

Is this a ryona game?

It's the chain girl from the first Kunio game.

Attached: CIBggQWVEAAUrNP.jpg orig.jpg (3264x2448, 766K)

>Who’s that character?
Looks like the Neon version of Marian.

Attached: 2017_07_10_by_pedrosotto-dbfww1y.png (595x873, 411K)

way forward draws cute girls, what do you mean they are faggots
shantae and patricia are based waifus

>shantae and patricia are based waifus
>fake robutt and generic teen but brown
>based waifus
what garbage taste you have user

Attached: WJre3zHi_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

I’m willing to overlook boring game design if the aesthetics are good. Should I buy this game?

Attached: 87A351B4-55FB-4670-A5D9-47B184B72E1A.jpg (960x540, 47K)

Is there a Japanese dub or do I have to hear Egoraptor and his fuckbuddy voice Bimmy and Jimmy?

What's the name of that amazonian woman/mom that is aggressively sexual in Overlord? The fighter/hammer lady? I thought that was a great representation in terms of having certain qualities/traits that are uncommon but can still work together.

Isn't Shantae just a low effort knock-off of Asha?

Attached: asha-mw4.png (566x800, 259K)

No wait for a sale, as nice as it is it's not worth release price.

other way around

Ignore this faggot who hasn't even played the game. It's worth the asking price.

anyone save any of the rule 34 images from the artist that was visiting these threads the other day? looks like he took them down. a shame too, they were pretty good and i was constantly postponing actually archiving them myself.

Attached: 1567710217113.png (164x202, 53K)

No online co-op no buy. It's a shame, I was looking forward to playing this.

Attached: shot0159.jpg (640x480, 58K)

>Asha debuted in 1994
>Shantae debuted in 2000
Fuck off!

?
1994 came before 2000

Not unless you're a hardcore beat 'em up fan, I think. I've only played a few Streets of Rage games and the original River City Ransom--not really enjoying this. Maybe it's more bearable with a friend, but I don't find the combat to be that satisfying. While the animation looks nice, it doesn't feel as snappy and responsive as I want. It's definitely not a two hour game though. I may be shit at games, but I still don't see how someone can blaze through this in that short amount of time.

Attached: 1556272400755.jpg (1920x1080, 542K)

got'em

Attached: 1555382413030.jpg (512x512, 46K)

river city ransom was never good

Does she have a name?

Attached: 1567628278456.png (500x895, 737K)

>I can separate an artist from their work.
>pirates the game because he doesn't like the artist
lol

>anyone save any of the rule 34 images
vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=artist:clusterfunk
>looks like he took them down
No, this happened it seems

I'm mad about no online multiplayer, but that's it.

Can someone confirm if single player is still any good? I don't want another Double Dragon Neon situation.

No. If you absolutely need to play it, pirate it first and decide. It isn't some must have game of the year or some revolutionary new beat em up. At best you waste a couple days on it before you decide whether you can put up with the main gameplay loop. At worst you start it up, realize that you're better off looking at images online, and just drop the game.

Attached: wihth.png (692x583, 290K)

got'em good

Attached: 1532354568412.jpg (720x1024, 78K)

What a tumblr faggot!

>No, this happened it seems
just saw that, that's a shame. thanks, though, i vaguely remembered his handle but kept getting the end part wrong.

I can't be the only one who finds this game pretty cheap sometimes, right? He starts the elbow attack but then suddenly hones in on me with the wrestling dive. My friend is even worse than I am, so playing co-op is actually not as fan as it probably should be

Attached: River City Girls_20190905180203.webm (800x450, 1.75M)

>Yea Forums crucifies celeste for clashing pixelshit with flashshit
>complete silence on this game for doing the exact same thing

How fun is Abobo to fight. This is how I will determine if I buy the game or not.

That's because celeste looked like shit and this actually looks good. There's a difference between decent pixelshit and lazy bad pixelshit.

This is comically bad

What the fuck
How did they think that was a good idea

>clashing art is okay as long as it's weebshit
kill yourself incel

>HOW DARE A GAME SUBVERT MY EXPECTATIONS
fuck off you reactionary cunts

No that's just bad design

Shill

>Video files... FOR THE FUCKING MANGA CUTS
>Not programming it in so it can be run at the users pace and have text easily insert-able instead of needing a video for each separate language
HOW FUCKING LAZY CAN YOU GET? This is lazier than Compile Heart.

based abbobo dabbing on shitters

why?

he's a shitter who doesn't want to have to git gud

poor telegraphing leads to fuzzy information being given to the player creating an unfair game play environment

i don't have interest in even pirating it. try again.

Attached: 2k53qznx.png (383x404, 173K)

>The subhuman reporter thinks everyone lives in a shithole that treats cartoons like real people

What expectations are being subverted here? It's a boss, it can attack anything and everything.

Only like 5 hours long.
Keyboard + Mouse is almost unplayable.

how bout the point that most women are fucking straight you deluded manchild

What am I supposed to do in the mall?

3 bosses in and that's my time. I just got to downtown. Not fucking around either.

Attached: time.png (248x111, 30K)

The art is great and the music is pretty good, but those are the only compliments I can give this game. The gameplay is not very good.
Normal enemies take a long time to kill, and at least 1/3 of that time will be spent waiting for them to get back up since nearly every attack seems to knock them down.
What's most annoying for me is that enemies can start an attack combo the frame they get up. Not a short-range get-up attack, but regular attacks with little to no delay. If you're standing anywhere near a downed enemy when they get up, prepare to get stun-locked. Also, fuck huge-ass kick attacks.

This game looks like it was designed with co-op in mind, so I'm sure it's more tolerable with a friend, but I'm not enjoying it much solo.

Attached: 1547911103140.jpg (709x320, 33K)

Does anyone have a link to the true ending of the game?

Peach Saliva

The game is sloppy, there's tons of cheap hits you can take and weird shit like your webm. Except in Abobo's case that "weird shit" is consistent. The only way I found to reliably dodge attack is to stay on his left side and below him, if you're anywhere else he spazzes out. Also keep pressuring him so he gets less chances to attack, you can also sometimes interrupt it. Garbage fight in general since you just have to spam your strongest attacks and hope he doesn't use the elbow spin too often.

>The gameplay is not very good.
It has issues, but it's still pretty good. Enemies attacking on wake up is easily dealt with by blocking.

for anyone who cares:

the game is really easy to rip. use Unity Assetstudio.

Attached: sactx-512x256-Uncompressed-Hasebe&Mami_NPC-c7010c60.png (2048x1024, 138K)

>Enemies attacking on wake up is easily dealt with by blocking.
That's not dealing with anything because the other 3 enemies you've just knocked down will keep on attacking after the successful block. What you have to do is get 1-2 stomps in and then back away for a bit until they wake up, and continue your attacks. It's an anti-fun system

WHo is the artist working on this? The artstyle reminds me of Devil's Candy

There are bound to be people who speedrun this. At this point trying to state how long or short the game is has no bearing on anything.

Though to be honest for people who don't care about the franchise and just want a good beat'em up game this probably isn't it.

Literally them

Its the same guy as Devil's Candy.
And I believe the woman behind Bee and Puppycat is also in this game too

For those of you who are still trashing this game, at least it's not pic related.

Attached: battle_toads_2019.jpg (940x528, 106K)

>I’m willing to overlook boring game design if the aesthetics are good
I hate you disgusting faggots with shit tastes. You probably love visual novels

>guy

The artist for Devil's Candy is a girl. The writer for the comic is a guy. They're a couple iirc.

Sounds like a disaster if they break up

ya know? it's ADORABLE that the idiots behind this game actually believe they can get out with shit like hiding or not showing their Dark Queen in detail because its clear they know people are gonna hate such blatant censorship.

I judge games based on their individual merits, not necessarily how they compare to others.

Now that I know to avoid this game, which other Kunio games should I avoid and which should I play?

Are these two even good girlfriends?

user, did you see the recent gameplay for Battletoads 2019?

It also feels way too long for them to even get back up once you've knocked them all down at once too sometimes. Can get dull waiting just for them to instantly go down and be near untouchable again.

No but I don't think it would impress me, I was never really interested it. It seemed to lack the variety and speed that made battle toads fun.

I did, it looks playable when you watch the video. at 2x speed

Stronk wymmyn Mary Sues made it so buy it you bigot

Well, Devil's Candy was first drawn as a one-shot for a Tokyopop anthology in 2005. It was over a decade before they managed to make a webcomic. If they could get together after a decade, I'd think they'll be able to continue professionally.

My only problem with Devil's Candy is not enough Hitomi

Attached: DVC_ch03_p000.jpg (800x1157, 478K)

Yes, the devs really should have made the knockdown times a third as long with successful foot slams prolonging them, and given different enemies unique timers. That'd make the game feel much faster paced and dynamic. The game has a lot of relatively small flaws that could be very easily fixed that still add up and ruin the whole thing.

Which? Seems there's a few unity asset studios.

>Enemies attacking on wake up is easily dealt with by blocking.
Yeah, but when fighting groups of enemies I have to constantly distance myself because those instant get-up attacks can knock me out of light combos even when I'm standing right on top of them. I'd be better if enemies blocked of rolled away when they got up, like some other beat-em-ups do. Even a dedicated get-up attack would be better than instant combos.
I enjoy mob fights where you have enemies coming from both sides, but in this game I can't even control one side consistently unless I have an item with long reach like the yoyo.
...which leads to another problem, because weak weapons like the yoyo knock enemies down after a single hit. Hit --> wait for them to get up --> hit --> wait for them to get up --> and so on.

Attached: 1529161273123.png (261x192, 57K)

gib yoko

That homing attack basically tries to read your input and go to where you'll go unless you're already close like in your webm. It's the same as Misuzu's butt stomp but pretty much instant. His rock tossing is mostly the same way.

Bitch just press double tap up or down to hop away holy shit. How bad at games are you?

Misako definetly
But Kyoko is most likely a child diddler

Attached: ahegao 5.png (822x607, 610K)

>Stronk wymmyn Mary Sues
Oh fuck off. They've been playable characters for longer than you've been alive.

Attached: 35162128_1652451781471026_1772035736040636416_n.jpg (500x906, 111K)

Fuck, that is Pat's wife isn't it?

What does that do to address the problem you dumb fuck? You've effectively just blocked and retreated, might as well just skip those two and stay away to begin with.

technically, no one knows how the actual JP canon works, its wobbly as fuck! but as it is on THIS game?

both K&M are actually the outcasts of their schools, dissed and/or overlooked by everyone, not only Mami and Hasebe but also Kunio and Riki, as they NEVER were their GFs.

due to 4th wall breaking goodness we know while K&M DID indeed dated R&K, since it was only for Kunio-Tachi no Banka that relationship was never canon, therefore H&M are the 'official' GFs, and K&M are too dumb to notice that they were ditched day one, hell! Yoko, the Hockey girl actually HINTS at this plotpoint.

I personally would take the canon of this game with a grain of salt, in the JP canon as of RCRSP/River City Rival showdown, Misako and kunio were always dating, Mami was always Rikis GF, Kyoko doesnt exist, and Hasebe and Kunio are good friends with Her having a kinda crush on him, but is actually unrequited.

Because your bitch-ass complaint was that block wouldn't work because everyone else would hit you. With a hop that doesn't happen. See, faggot? Not too hard, is it?

This looks based, truly Calarts can’t compete

Yeah it sucks.Feels bad and gets boring super fast. i only got it yesterday and I'm already playing other shit. plenty of better beat em ups on steam.

That's not my complaint you retarded-ass cunt, the complaint is that there's no way to stay aggressive after downing enemies because they have instant wakeup attacks which will interrupt any combo you do, it doesn't matter if you block and sidehop or just stay away the result is the same

Sorry Mary I’ll buy your game right away

She's his sister.

That's the "normal" ending though aka the troll ending. In the real ending to this game still follows that Misako and Kyoko are the rightful gfs of Kunio and Riki.

Looks fun to me, the soundtrack any good?

>no Japanese voices

Dropped

this game is fucking trash beyond saving

Attached: 11att.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

>Here's your beat em up game starring cute girls bro

Attached: battle zeque den.png (810x1500, 1.58M)

I want to review the game but Gaben won't let me.

Why, Gaben? Why you be like this?

don't forget to leave negative review

>instant wakeup

Bad at games. Submit your complaint to the department of being a fucking bitch. They have you on file already.

Sexy! See you have to show some skin ladies or no buy

>Americans flanderise characters
Who could ever have seen this coming?

>Double tap.
>to dodge
that's the most retarded shit ever. a dodge needs to be performed in a split second double tap is even slower to perform on a gamepad than keyboard. just map dodge and run to one of the many unmaped buttons on the gamepad.

>no argument

Attached: 1565955927514.png (128x128, 14K)

Anyone

Stop spreading this meme. The secret boss gives you the same ending. Misako and Kyoko got cucked hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=kyWKFQ7bklQ

You're the true shitter if you haven't noticed such an obvious game mechanic, too busy mashing mindlessly eh?

There are no instant wake ups. You are simply bad at games.

Wayforward has been infiltrated by trannies, if the eceleb & calarts garbage wasn't enough to keep you away from this game, just remember, they're a hollow shell of the team that 1st made shantae.

Attached: Screenshot_20190905_174421.jpg (1080x1875, 751K)

beats me, i didnt checked my version, but since it is an assetstudio GUI, i would try with this one:

github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio

ehh, dunno what you can do with just 8 sprites.

Attached: sactx-256x256-Uncompressed-Yoko-19a764c7.png (256x256, 10K)

It's just like two autists who have been complaining since the reveal about them having boyfriends, stop giving them attention.
Short hair sucks though but at least Misako isn't Mami.

>twitter screencap
opinion discarded

>the soundtrack any good?
No.

I know you shouldn't real expect a decent plot from a beat em up game filled with memes, but holy shit that's unsatisfying. What a disgrace to the Kunio-kun series.

You are retarded user. Most of the enemies are programmed to attack immediately after they get up to prevent you locking them down and playing aggressively, for some dumb reason. They don't even have unique wake up attacks, they just do their normal combos usually. This is most obvious when fighting the cops, but as I said most enemies suffer from this and it severely limits what you can do to control crowds. Pay attention next time you dumb masher

you know, you actually had a point, but then you said the C-word, and now its sorta invalid, but i appreciate your enthusiasm.

its not Cucking, there cant be any cucking if a relationship never happened, since KTnB was just 1 game, and a rather obscure one, there was no way for this relationship to be canon in anyway, Kyoko and Misako are just REALLY dense to understand that.

however, i wouldnt treat a game with such flanderising tendencies to be anything close to canon.

You think i'm stupid enough to pay 42 dollary doos for a game a wayforward RCR game?
I was suspicious as fuck so I pirated that shit.

Long hair only or no buy

MUGEN when?

Source is Ookii wa Onnanoko.

>you know, you actually had a point, but then you said the C-word
You can say "cuck" you dumb fucking faggot.

>4th wall breaking self awareness bullshit
I FUCKING CALLED THIS SHIT, the west can't make a legit game and need to pump everything full of irony and memes. A legit delinquent game in this day and age would've been amazing but instead we get this kusoge instead.
Fuck everything. We're never getting a good sukeban game in the modern era.

do you think theyll patch some of the issues?

Attached: 1557063470598.png (1101x753, 41K)

Is there no way to remap controls or am I just really dumb? I wanna play coop with a friend and it says both control and keyboard are player 1.

>GTX950

Attached: 1556956667748.gif (500x522, 1.78M)

>no online

Attached: 658.jpg (260x384, 11K)

This fucking sucks, do the guys have their own story or are they only playable?

Was this boss even finished? what a train wreck. and the way bosses just go invicible after you hurt them enough like this is an old zelda game rather than a modern beat em up is so bad.

Pirate it cause devs are sjw faggots

Attached: 15677352342352.png (283x239, 6K)

yes i can, but considering you people ruined the word like that, i refuse to follow.

and you are an idiot, did you know that? 4th wall breaking has ALWAYS been a staple of the kunio series. even the original RCR JAPANESE version does that.

if you dont want to buy the game, fine, but you dont go try to ruin it for everyone because you are a ignorant fuck that believes shitposting is actually a decent pasttime, and dont bother to learn about the games you play.

>meme game
>tranny loving devs
>shit all over a cast of characters that had good development and story arc with each other 25 years ago for the sake of a 4th dumb wall breaking joke
yikes

No. Which sucks because the vast majority of the game's issues can be easily fixed.

I'll agree that the art is great, both for the sprites and digital art. Characters look great in both forms.
I only found a few of the songs good. The rest weren't bad, just simply forgettable.
Kyoko and Misako's voices are good, everyone else is pretty mediocre or bad.
I don't know who this humor is written for. Never laughed once. webm related

Attached: zombie.webm (960x540, 2.4M)

It's made in Unity.

Surprise, faggot. The cops are the one enemy programmed to do that. Everyone else doesn't.

Curb your fucking autism holy shit.

>enemies have a random hit counter and can just randomly break out of hitstun and block your attack when you can't even do that you self.
didn't they learn anything from bayonetta 2? it's even worse in this game tho fuck.

There's no "issues" other than anons being a bitch.

The writing is really fucking bad, as to be expected from a self-hating SJW. It and the voices are the biggest things keeping me on the fence about buying it.

moar?

Attached: 1564967654178.png (296x314, 237K)

>you will never be a loli who starts violence against two lesbians at once and wins
Feels bad man.

Will there be a physical copy cheaper than $30?

>4th wall breaking has ALWAYS been a staple of the kunio series
Not at the expense of the entire plot you stupid fuck. Pic related had plenty of goofy moments yet still managed to tell a serious story with a satisfying conclusion.

Attached: t9f07oq67vy01.png (456x330, 248K)

Denial. there's never been a single way forward game that isn't full of issues.

Not a single girl in that image is a lesbian though. Why are you trying to force this /u/ meme so hard?

>Dude just buy my westernized aniboo Calarts yellowface Mary Sue soigoy game it’s just $30 trust me

>the real ending
Please say sike. This can't be the actual ending of this game.

Fucking hell. This is a major disappointment.

Bro no, you can't point out that the Shantae games are all totally mediocre once you look beyond their artwork.

Kill yourself, you stupid fucking faggot.

again, that was JUST ONE GAME! and yeah, the original creator of Kunio made it, but still ITS JUST ONE GAME, compared to other dozens of games following the other canon.

>already backpedaling
Lol that was quick but you're wrong, get past the second boss before you start mouthing off. Or just group up enemies and try to combo them on wake up, record a webm of you doing it a few times so I can laugh at it

Tell us more about the writing in the game you haven't played, snowflake.

Hot yakuza boss though.

Attached: yakuza-tits.jpg (1425x1080, 1001K)

I think imageboards melted your brain.

Oh nonononono

The whole game is like this?

Attached: 2 (1).jpg (172x155, 16K)

>Kyoko and Misako's voices are good
I just started it and the very first cutscene already made me hate both their fucking voices, even without considering that Kyouko's VA can't say Misako's name properly.

Attached: 1435818367166.png (500x500, 295K)

They won't see it as issues to begin with. The running trend in the industry is that any flaws in the game due to bad design or bad coding are just "intentional changes" that the audience fails to grasp. "It just works".

and , there's 2 examples. Both are trash.

Insult me all you want, I have $30 more than whoever bought this SJW trash

You do realise that the writing is one element that requires absolutely no interaction with the game in playable form to experience, right?

Goddamn that's bad. Not even worth pirating desu.

>"It just works"
FUCK YOU TODD HOWARD

I pirated and played through it, there isn't anything "SJW" that I've seen.

Kill yourself. FPS games are literally the same fucking thing over and over again yet people sink thousands upon thousands of hours and nobody calls the genre "archaic". They just aren't made anymore because no one has found a way to make them buzzworthy or heavily lootboxable at this point.

Just set the voices to Japanese, oh you can’t because white people had to erase Japanese people from their own culture

>the dialogue of all fucking things
Holy fucking shill. No one who heard even 1 second of the horrible dialogue in this game, especially combined with the cringe voice acting would defend it. could you be anymore obvious?

They're literally the worst fanbase of all time. They make fujos in Kingdom Hearts threads seem tolerable by comparison.

please respond!

Nintendo Life gave it a 9

A 9!

Attached: 661A7BD4-80FE-4C10-9EE3-E6D7B0C153EA.jpg (570x480, 83K)

I had to turn the voices all the way off. and I still found myself skipping all the dialogue.

The good 2D beat em ups don't get repetitive because they're fun and challenging. Unless you're credit feeding I guess, then anything will feel repetitive.

what?! what if you buy the japanese version?
eh i found it on youtube theres a few decent tracks at least.

Like they’re gonna sell any in Japan

Why do American's struggle so much with Japanese names. I mean Japan is literally a set of predefined sounds Mi-sa-ko. How is that so hard to fucking say. It's like sa-KAH-moto again and that was what, 3-4 months AFTER SAKAMOTO DESU GA WHERE THE NAME IS SAID MORE THAN 10 TIMES IN AN EPISODE SINCE IT'S THE MC'S NAME AND THEY STILL COULDN'T PRONOUNCE IT RIGHT?
How hard is it to at least TRY?

attention grabbing text
>attention grabbing text
attention grabbing text
>attention grabbing text

Trying is a major SJW trigger, apologize

ok, what according to you is not shilling?

do we need to just focus in to ruining smash with 1000 leak rosterfagging threads? do we need to scour twitter like hungry hyenas looking for the next thing to be offended? do we need to suck the cock of companies that censor anything in order to satiate said hungry hyenas?

fuck you and fuck you trying to ruin gaming for everyone, this game is good, everything about it is good and deserves to be bought!

It’s not composed by Jake Kaufman so it’s trash.

more like river shitty girls lmao

You seriously need to fuck off back to wherever you came from.

It's in english because otherwise all that eceleb shilling would go to waste.
I mean who wants to hear a generic American high school girl and meme shit dialogue when they could instead hear
>NAMENAYO
>OMAIRAAAA
>HAAAAAAAA?
>NANDA?
instead?

Game looks real bad, I hate the art and voices, terrible writing, battle system looks really weak, and it’s not Japanese

Too expensive, should be $1 if that

Nope, the basic schoolgirls right at the start will attack you as soon as they get up and you can't get a punch in first. Also what the fuck is up with all the running dash attacks enemies are using?

Attached: Desktop 2019.09.06 - 10.57.40.03.DVR.webm (962x542, 2.3M)

No, they can burn in hellfire for all I care. There's I reason I import all Jap games now. The west can't be fucking trusted.

So the catalog, then?

Based and jappilled

>*a

>Devil's Candy.
The artist behind that recently REE'D at a manga priacy site for reposting. The smug fuckers offered her a share of the adrev if she'd fuck off.

>fuck you buy the game.
>i'm doing this because it's a fantastic game you should buy for the low low price of 42 dolarydoos
stop smoking meth and stop shilling. you need to go back.

Attached: 1508371247712.jpg (1358x722, 150K)

I think the enemies were designed completely in isolation from one another and the developers didn't think about how well they would complement one another, or what kind of encounters/gameplay they will result in. That's the only thing that explains the ridiculous wakeup attacks and nearly everyone having some dashing attacks to close the gap. Instant wakeup attacks do make sense for 1v1 fights and high danger targets like bosses after all, not so much for trash goons.

>standing there like a retard

Granted that could be blocked/stepped out of the way easily, I don't like how they can slide vertically while attacking. That's some bullshit.

Ayy, thanks for recording this. This is exactly what I meant about bullshit get-up attacks.
The male students do this too.

>Haha Misako is really angry lol
>Haha Kyoko is retarded lol
There you go, that's 100% of this game's dialogue.
Misako's VA also can't say Riki's name right either, which is kind of amazing.

From what I've played pretty much every enemy type has a chance of doing it. You just have to anticipate it when any enemy gets up.

I haven't seen the guys do it, I thought it was only the girls.

Not being able to stand there was the original guy's point you idiot, you need to either block or walk away from any grounded enemy which just slows shit down. There's nothing difficult or interesting about knowing an enemy will attack instantly when they get up once you know it, it just wastes your time.

I'm baffled it's still double tap to sprint forward only.
this isn't a nes game. you should be able to sprint around in all directions and just make one of the unused buttons a sprint button.

>Any girl wearing pants and has muscles must be a dyke.
We really need to gas sodomites and philistines.

You guys are stupid, of course dodging or backing off is the right way to deal with this, that's precisely the problem because it breaks all flow since you have to attack, stomp and then back off waiting for enemies to get up, then continue your attack. There's no way to lock down enemies for crowd control, or play aggressively. It's very tedious.

hope you die alone and unloved.

i never said 'buy the game', i said 'the game deserves to be bought', mainly by people who clearly actually have brains, you are not a hero for trying to get people to not buy a game, so go kill yourself.

Let me guess
She pronounces it Ree-Kee holding the i sound for far too long, doesn't she?

I expected this to be a reply to the ugly brown dyke but you instead replied to the actually attractive muscle girl so fuck off.

What retard thought this was a good idea? It's not even that it's that "bad" or "hard", it's literally a Shantae or Platformer-tier boss, not something you put in a beat em up.

Attached: Bossintros_Hibari.00.10.png (1920x1080, 2.07M)

Have you tried not being a shitter and not letting them touch the ground?

dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ203290.html

Just play this game instead.

>tfw this is all there is for yoko
I'm happy to have her but it's an empty sort of happiness

She says it like you'd say the western name Ricky, cutting the first syllable short and over-emphasising the second. As a jap that'd be closer to saying Rikkii than Riki. It's always baffling to me how American VAs can't get such basic shit right.

So mad haha

The bosses are terrible as a whole, and show why classic beat em ups mixed a bunch of mooks together with the boss because otherwise it devolves into some kind of damage sponge infinite hyper armor faggotry or Zelda-tier "wait for the boss to do some attacks then strike when there's a weakness" gimmicky shit like Hibari. She cute though

A lot of English speakers seem to think that Riki is basically the Japanese equivalent of Ricky.

>press x for everything
>wonky boss fights
>enemies instant dash attacks
im probably just bitching but these fucking suck

mentally ill

how does it compare to Underground and the 3DS games? I kinda regret starting with Rival Challenge since the others just feel like a straight downgrade.

Good fucking lord, not even Sonic Boom is this thick with the irony and 4th wall breaks.

Can vouch for this game. It's pretty fun. Way too short but hey, it's a H-ACT game that's actually decent and not jank.

Post a webm of your longest juggle, I could use a laugh

>Doing something a certain way to illustrate his point about the wakeup attacks
Haha yes

You're not bitching. those are valid and there's fuck ton of problems with the game.

source?!

I will never understand this
>die hard fans can pronounce name right
>have people that can't even pronounce the syllables in general right voicing the characters
BUT WHY? I mean I know its nepotism or some kind of faggotry like that but still.

Oh and Misako's VA actually said Hasebe right, but then said Mami as "mommy" right afterwards. Mami's voice is fucking atrocious. I don't think I can stand leaving the voices on any longer.

Attached: 1292704959715.jpg (366x380, 40K)

>ending
>Misako and Kyoko got cucked hard.

God, I am so fucking mad at this. Is there any game out there where you play as a female protagonist(s) and you have to save their boyfriend(s) and they actually succeed in doing it without dying or getting cucked?

Let's put it this way, if you play this game in isolation and this was the only reference point you have, most of the issues of the game are things you'd just overlook, especially if you enjoy the franchise and have no expectations, doubly so if you really just love the company and want to support everything they do.

But again at the end of the day, this is a mediocre beat'em up that doesn't really try, but the "charm" that it's supposed to have is niche as fuck. It's not so trash to acquire super niche status but it isn't good enough to be a success.

this game has a fuck ton of end lag and no decent cancelling. it's too clunky for decent juggles.

Super Princess Peach?

Why should I buy this game instead of river city ransom: underground?

Dude what? He's complaining about the gameplay, not the story. The gameplay is a problem regardless of whether you've played the other games.

>Vibrator Scepter
The game was also pretty fun but god damn that revelation was magical.

I have yet to unlock any moves to juggle enemies at all.
Also
>Press Y when standing above downed enemy
>50/50 whether the player will use the stomp attack or just use the normal Y attack which does nothing against a downed enemy
How did they fuck up such a basic control issue?

That's not even the worst 4th-wall break in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=ky1gEusOxvw

Lol awful

Is that fucking Kenji from Super Dodge Ball

You shouldn't buy either both are poorly designed and have their own major failings.

No woman would want to date a boyfriend that needed saving

>oh no my argument is under attack
>never mind their massive popularity i must backpedal and criticize them somehow immediately otherwise i risk facing my insecurities
>inb4 i never said i ever liked them

cute girls. Also RCRU is grindier and by the third act of the game the CPU is just input reading.

How else are you supposed to say it? Mummy? Moo-my?

Runkachunk isn't cute.

Who the fuck wrote this

Attached: EDpWSjRU4AA6o0A.jpg (640x522, 40K)

Only Japanese can say it properly

You sound like a shitter, that doesn't happen to me.

Can I turn off the terrible voice acting?

In the industry the explanation is really simple, and if you talk to some fans of places like Roosterteeth or Funi, it goes along the lines of:

Some VAs got their job but have no strong interest in the original subject material.
These VAs have no interest in learning the language because it's too much of a hassle and they feel that what's important is "their take" of the character.
When the VAs don't give a damn, they start to assume that the audience doesn't give a damn either. Since "everyone" speaks English, no one knows any better if names or places aren't pronounced properly.
Other VAs see what their colleagues can get away with, and since the VA industry isn't big, no one really sees a need to try. Everybody starts to accept the easiest way to do things.

$100 says it's a layering issue and if you stand SLIGHTLY infront of them instead of right on their layer you'll do it more often. That or behind them. I called the layering issues before but the shills said I was making shit up.

Holy shit, Wayforward just can't fucking not add long-winded cutscenes. Did they not know that River City Ransom is known for letting you punch bosses in the face while they're monologuing or letting you do the honorable thing and let them finish?

Why are you defending a game you've barely played, or didn't play at all?

yeah you can turn the voices down to 0 but the awful voices will still be there in MP4 cut scenes.

I am talking about the gameplay. Most people will tolerate buggy ass gameplay, poor gameplay, and outright archaic design. Eventually they stop seeing it as problems.

Yes you can, it's the first thing you should do

Stomp their torso, retard.

>game made by white people
>instant cuck fetish
Every time

>Actually thinking "a" sounds like "o"

>Relationships in weeb games
>Not platonic
They already took a risk by giving the girls BFs, i guarantee you this game wont sell well on Japan.

Or how about you buy the Kunio game made by the actual devs

Attached: file.jpg (460x215, 139K)

All these poor imitations of the classic just don't make you feel like your playing the great classic from three decades ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=k7mpWPKt4wk

Sprite lewds get me in a way no other art style can, maybe it's because it's an abnormality from the usual sprite stuff seen in video games.

Attached: d4a659a1d7210983ca78f19dbd7b830e.gif (204x204, 193K)

Faggots like you are why complaining about calarts means nothing nowadays

River City Girls looks nothing like calarts style.

Is the creampie scene in with the redhead?

You don't need to do that though, you can be standing at the edge of their feet and still stomp them. So nice defence, retard.

It's not even that, I can stand on an enemy, press Y, stomp them, press Y again, get the normal attack, press Y again, do the stomp attack. Shit is fucked. I've also just noted that the assist button doesn't even do anything like 3/4 times I press it, despite being charged.

It is an issue. Basically programmed as if every enemy was Shiva from SOR2.

yeah hitbox/z sorting in this game is fucking awful but it's more than that it's horizontal positioning is ass aswell.

Calarts looks marginally better than RSG lmao

If they release the completed GBA game I'd be fucking ecstatic.

>Super Princess Peach?
Eh. Not good enough.

>No woman would want to date a boyfriend that needed saving
I don't care. I just want an example of a game that has a similar plot to RCG in terms of "female protagonists saving their boyfriends" without the bullshit ending.

I doubt it. The game doesn't even bother to replace Misako and Kyoko with them when they walk into a shop.

I’m sure some tard has made one but it’s a shit premise

If you like that stuff(you'll need to look around a fair bit since good dot is hard to find) click the ドット tag and it should give you a bunch of games in a pixel style. Normally I then say look specifically under ACT/Action/アクション tags to find the better stuff since RPG dot stuff is normally RPG maker. I wish I had my hard drive to rec you some good shit but you can find a good amount of decent stuff using what I said.

The descriptions in this thread make it sound like a bad game maker game with most of the budget going to the sprites/art and vocal "talent"

LOL FUCK GAMES WITH FEMEALE PRONTAGONISTS AMIRTE FEELLOW GAMERS??!

Oh... That's even worse AND more incompetent.

This but unironically

Gaming is for men only

GAMERS
RISE
UP
still a kusoge

If you read the thread you'd realize that they could be asexual stick figures and it wouldn't make a difference.

no

Attached: tumblr_inline_o2igl9BRy11rv4fej_540[1].gif (512x512, 305K)

シーイルサーバー is spritekino, it keeps getting updated for free years later and I can't believe it. I would give this man more money if I could.

SamuraiSacrament is also something fairly recent.

I just pirated this game and am currently on the mall portion/construction area and holy shit this game is stupidly easy and wayforward didn't test this game at all.
>unlock big punch move as mission
>group enemies on screen with each other
>big punch
>all of them are knocked over
>time it takes to walk over and big punch again is exactly the amount of time it takes for the enemies to be punchable again
>literally trap enemies in an infinite combo every fucking time
Holy shit how did they let this pass, you dont get punished at all for doing this...

That's the retard opinion, yes.

It's not uniquely flawed, it's a typical western 2D beat em up made by people who don't play 2D beat em ups and only have a very shallow understanding of the genre. The vast majority of modern beat em ups are like this, some are even more flawed.

Fucking this, bundle it with Super Dodgeball and Double Dragon and I'm sold.

Attached: ▀█▀ █▬█ █ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀ .jpg (400x456, 20K)

>Super Dodgeball
My man.

>Asexual
BITCH GET THAT FUKIN TRANNY SJW SPEAK OUTTA HERE

IF THE GAME DOESN'T HAVE MALE CHARACTERS IN THE P1 & P2 SPOTS IT'S SHIT

>Attack whiffs through green guy twice before it connects with yellow guy and then hits green guy
I don't understand.

Attached: Desktop 2019.09.06 - 11.27.39.04.DVR.webm (960x542, 2.24M)

Correct

Gaming is for big dick chads only

You do get punished in a sense because it's fucking slow, there's a lot of cheese in this game but you will be fighting so many enemies and they all have so much health that these kinds of cheesy strategies will just feel like a massive waste of time and you'll be looking for ANYTHING that'll let you keep the aggression going. I wouldn't mind this kind of cheese existing if playing aggressively was fun or even viable.

Hit detection is awful so are active hitboxes, knocked over enemirs are the worst offender of this

I want to dick Mami

>NEW GAME BAD
>OLD GAME GOOD

I'm buying this game tomorrow just to say fuck you all of you misogynist, knuckle-dragging fuckwads.

Attached: POUT.jpg (300x329, 21K)

Retarded devs basically.
they can't do hitboxes
they can't do z sorting
they can't do i frames.

Unironically big punch is more optimal than actual fighting since it negates shit like enemies attacking immediately on wakeup

But then how will you afford your HRT

B-but user the instant wakeups!

>Haha I'm buying a bad game out of spite that'll show you
We lose nothing, you spend money on a bad game. Where in this thought did you believe you were winning anything?

I think getting a hit in extends your hitbox or something, I vaguely recall other beat em ups doing this, would make sense if it's true since it'll just be a little extra thing that prevents you from feeling cheated and getting hit by a guy lost in a crowd you're comboing.

Skullmageddon go away

I've played both of those. Great games and agreed on シーイルサーバー being spritekino. SamSac is also great.
The other one I have to give credit to even though the fetish is trash is Millia Wars(both Original and DX). Amazing pixel art and solid gameplay.
If I remember more I'll post them if the thread hasn't died but trying to remember them all off the top of my head is a bitch.

After doing the big punch method so many times I honestly got used to the proper timing, you only have to deal with instant wakeup if you big punch too early

>Enemies can block your attacks regardless of which way they're facing while blocking
>You can only block enemy attacks from the same direction they're coming from

Attached: 1260113005920.png (297x300, 4K)

Nice I'll try it out, though doesnt comboing still beat it in terms of dps even if its less safe?

Indieass sprites
They could have done NES 8bit or 2D cartoon drawings, but they chose faux-retro ASS

Attached: River-City-Ransom.jpg (625x352, 44K)

literally what did you just write? can you please try again.

Because:
>youtube.com/watch?v=kMFJBd40Awo?t=17

Because you're all assholes and contrarians, so I'm just gonna one-up your punk asses.

Attached: 1559190930537.png (240x240, 78K)

Please do, the more money you spend the better it gets. Hell, if you went out and bought several copies to spite us it'd be even better. Buy enough copies to make the devs think they got a success on their hands so they try their hand at rinsing and repeating what they did here.

>Hitbox is hand
>Getting a hit in extends your hitbox so combo can flow easier

It's not rocket science user.

Well it was made in Unity. I'm halfway through it now and my issue with the voices is a less obvious one. All of the slang that's used in this game is going to look extremely dated years from now. Other than that the voices don't really add to the experience and in some cases get in the way.

I wish they would have taken the time that they spent on voice overs and instead dedicated it to play testing the game. The combat does have issues and there's also some technical bugs like enemies and items spawning into walls.

One biggest flaws with the way the game is designed is that all of the entrances require you to press X to use them, but that also happens to be the game's basic attack button. So anytime you zone in, if you start pressing X to combo an enemy who spawns right next to the door you'll find yourself being sent to the area you were just at. This is a very, very, very basic game design element that I'm surprised wasn't fixed in even the alpha. Even something as simple as mapping the command to another button would make combat less of a problem as you now have to run away from the area's entrance before you can start fighting every time.

Really gives the impression that the game's playtesters were asleep at the wheel while the VA's were being sucked off.

Attached: 1567456443333.webm (640x506, 331K)

Probably, I just found it much easier to do the big punch and it doesn't take long and you can clear entire screens of enemies if you find out how to group them all together

Been playing the game for around 5 hours now, at abobo boss fight at the moment, while it isn't perfect and the get up attacks annoyed me at first, just side stepping or parrying it is a easy enough way of dealing with it, to avoid thegame getting repetitive or to grindy i would really recommend buying the basic combos on the dojo, some specials but the grab throws are not necessary early game as it doesn't even affect bosses, because they will guard a hit after like 3 or 4 attacks, still the closes to scott pilgrim the game i've come across so far thou.
my only gripes with the game is it not being duo-audio.

Not clicking your tranny shit bro sry

>Hand is hitting enemy
>Enemy isn't getting hit
So it's bad hitboxes then.

there are so many instances of AI breaking the rules of the game it's not funny. they can randomly just break out of hitstun and guard or counter attack too.

It's amazing how the ending ruined the chances of me buying this game

Attached: 1567529788779.png (765x568, 48K)

My belief is that hitting an enemy either extends your attack's hitbox, or creates another, bigger hitbox in the area you punched. If my theory is correct then it's useful because it makes the game feel more fair when you're punching crowds.

How about this I tried my best

I love it but the enemies are way too spongy and take too long to get up. Got really boring after 4 hours

River City Ransom: Underground's enemies did that all of the time and nobody really complained.

Sounds like y'all just need to GIT GUD

Don't all the other modern River City games still use sprites exactly like these? That sounds way more like "faux-retro" than actually remaking the entire thing with more polished Sega Saturn looking sprites.

Speaking of
>Parry attack
>Parry pushes enemy back so they're now outside of the range of your punch
>Closing the gap takes up the time the parry stun lasts for
Did they even playtest this?

Not supporting that trash writing but who plays beat em ups for the story?

>Having to hear Egoraptor's shitty dudebro voice acting every time you go to the dojo to get a new move.
Who the fuck was behind that casting choice?

Attached: OroQuLU.gif (659x576, 137K)

Being average does not make the special

No Japanese = no buy.
Japanese voice acting is amazing, english voice acting is always trash.

>other than the story, art, fighting, voices, writing, and soundtrack it’s great just $30 bro

>This is a very, very, very basic game design element that I'm surprised wasn't fixed in even the alpha.

It's also a lie. You have like three seconds grace period before the switch area prompt becomes usable. It also respects combos in progress so there's no way to mistakenly change area unless you are a retard that decides to fight there for a few seconds.

Do way forward even play test their games?
they always have seem unfinished. remember the "String id not found" in shantae riskies revenge?

>art
You need to stop lumping the best part of the game into these lists, anti-boyfriends-user.

Seems you are too stupid to understand you can be too close to an enemy and overlap it instead of hitting it.

Well if the gameplay doesn't appeal to them there isn't much else for them except the story.

The wayforward dudes said that no one at Arc Sys seemed to care they presented a game when you play as the girlfriends and decided not to use the actual ones, so they decided to write the plot arround that idea or something

>fake Calarts burgerjap art is the best part of this game

Yikes from me bro

Mommy

Not being special doesn't make something bad

Nigga that's fucking stupid and it's more like 2 seconds. enemy approach you and you press X oops you went back.
it's even more unforgivable when there's so many unbinded button on the gamepad.

But ArcSys was only overseeing the fighting system, why the hell would they even give a shit about the story pitch?

>story is beyond shit
>music is forgettable other than a couple of tracks
>gameplay riddled with small issues
What about the porn? the last bastion

Attached: 1566243873172.png (349x407, 181K)

>ArcSys was only overseeing the fighting system
Well they didnt do a good job, so part of me thinks they just didn't care at all about this game

It can be both, retard. The game is equally poor in both directions. It has cheap hits while being retardly broken in other areas.

Because you were standing 1mm below him.

Proper combos will be faster. With Misako, I just did a basic combo into launcher then ended with her aerial grab. This killed most enemies right away except the late game ones. They only required a few more hits if they survived.

Attached: power bomb.webm (1100x622, 1.84M)

I have the loli porn

Overlap it with what? My fist? Which is going straight through it?

May as well buy SNK heroines, at lest the chicks are hot and you can dress them up in sexy costumes

Wait til you hear the other Dragon.

That's what makes it strange.
The writers approached a team barely related to their project, said team gave no shits about their project, but the writers then decide to take their project direction off of said team's reaction.

>You have like three seconds grace period
How about just having doors mapped to another button? You can't put your back to any of the exits and fight without losing the ability to do a basic attack. The game's meant to be played on an eight button controller and we have two buttons for block. Just make one of the buttons "interact" and have it use doors and also handle picking up items so those don't also interrupt your combos. Simple.

>only the characters head moves
>make a shitload of sprites where 90% of it is the exact same

Talk about unoptimzed

Can't watch hurricane, so is the games plot that the girls aren't even actually the boys girlfriend's, they're just delusional?

>they can randomly just break out of hitstun and guard or counter attack too.
Honestly, that's just the Kunio way. Of course, in the original RCR, blocking was the same button as attacking, so you would just be blocking anytime they actually tried to counter attack. But not here (or in Rival Showdown). Double Dragons was like this too. Technos just really hated hitstun, whereas every other beat em up had hitstun.

Speaking of hitboxes, what's the point of t he boss having a ground slam attack if you can't jump over it because the hitbox extends infinitely into the air beyond its visible range?

Attached: Desktop 2019.09.06 - 11.47.43.07.DVR.webm_snapshot_00.03_[2019.09.06_11.51.54].jpg (1004x822, 441K)

Valkyria Profile
Well, the guy is killed near the end but so is almost every living being; the heroine saves everyone.

Game Grumps are apparently voice actors in this, so don't bother with this cancer

"Subverting your expectations" is the only thing I can come up with. Dunno how many more times we can play that card.

Gonna need sauce dawg

They want you to run away rather than dodge and punish

I don't think ASW even cares about the old Technos IPs they own at all.

Parsec exists

Grab a friend and play it through Parsec

Its what I've been doing, its fun as shit

Wow they literally can't even get basic game design wrong. I'm downgrading wayforward from mediocre to bad & incompetent. They're now 2/10 devs with a rabid fanbase. I hope you will all do your duty and shit on everything they try to push.

Because it's actually a "get the fuck off me, I'm going into the next phase" attack.

>ArcSys was only overseeing the fighting system
They weren't. This is KLK all over again. Arc had no part in this game other than signing some paper. KLK was made by A"We only make kusoge that sucks to play"Plus. Arc had no involvement in the game aside from signing some documents.

If they’re so great why does this consider it a huge selling point the main characters in it?

>Cuckquean
I WILL NOW BUY YOUR GAME

Reminder lads

Parsec exists and works.

>I hope you will all do your duty and shit on everything they try to push.
Do it yourself, cretin.

can you use parsec with pirated copies?

exactly

Nigger do you know what parsec is? Its just screen sharing. The only thing that matters is that you aren't on 3rd world country tier net.

Fuckign retarted.

They really need to communicate that better, a ground slam makes you think "I need to jump" awful design on their end

Retard it’s obviously they get cucked so they can play up their lesbian relationship

rule34.paheal.net:81/post/list/River_City_Girls/1

Either it's too early and there's not enough yet or people just literally do not care to make more porn.

Shills mad.

Yes its just a streaming software that sends your friends inputs to you. As long as it works onnyour computer, it works on parsec.

How is this game compared to River City Underground?

Wow, that's disappointing. Is that supposed to be funny or ironic? As a player I'd feel robbed of catharsis

>or people just literally do not care to make more porn.
The game is already a dud. Nobody likes it so expect maybe a single pages worth by the end of the month? Then nothing for the rest of eternity. A deserved fate for such a shit game.

>Retard it’s obviously they get cucked so they can play up their lesbian relationship

Well that's just fucking gay and disappointing.

I bet the problem is shitboxes see img 1.
devs just put a hitbox on the very end of the punch rather than the full path because they don't know how punches or hitboxes work.

Attached: Shitboxes.png (781x780, 536K)

RCU's gameplay is based on NES River City, this plays more like a traditional beat 'em up from the 16-bit era like Final Fight.

Way better. No comparison.

It's not a particularly well known game, this particular instance doesn't exactly have a diehard following in doujinshi circles, and most of the Western sphere that's involved with the game won't do any r34 work for this. Most likely it's going to be the latter.

No it isn't, she uses that move every time you knock her down. The next phase attack is used each time you get her down to 1/3 HP, after the ground slam, and is her standing and charging.

She's moving her body though.

their design couldn't be more generic

The game automatically shifts you towards enemies if you attack while not on the exact same z-position as them, though.

>they don't know how punches or hitboxes work.
This is likely the culprit. Incompetent devs.

I think the director is a feminist, it's kind of their MO. Total subversion of expectations, making an ending that is utter shit.

>make it harder to time combos because each hitbox is fuckhuge and you never know when it'll catch onto someone

Yeah, great idea.

It's basically like a highlight reel of generic popular anime girls with none of the nuance all rolled into one.

>and you never know when it'll catch onto someone
I dunno man, I think "your arm connects with their body" is a pretty easy thing to predict when the hitboxes aren't shit.

What the fuck are you talking about, why in the world would hitting more enemies instead of less in a fucking beat em up ever be a problem?

>they presented a game when you play as the girlfriends and decided not to use the actual ones
Kyoko and Misako were their girlfriends in one of the mainline games, Hasebe and Mami were only ever their girlfriends in one of the non-canon sports games

I think it was a good idea; the execution was just terrible.

DYOR

Bro you've been shitting up the whole thread. Why don't you try taking a break and actually playing some videogames or something

How was it a good idea? Men save women not the other way around lmao

>sex ed video in the movie folder
When does this play in the game?

I really hope this is trolling. Theres beat em ups where punches punches connect when enemies are nearly behind you and nobody ever complains if anything it feels satisfying. Then theres God Hand which lets you hit 3 enemies with a tiny jab and its awesome as fuck

is this cracked yet?

Speaking as a content creator I can see why she would react. That said, one shouldn't deal with pirates - they'll always be around.

Great I’ll buy God Hand then lmao

Combat & variety is worse and a lot less fun. in someways it controls more responsive tho.
It has problems underground never did. and underground has problems this game doesn't. they're both clunky and flawed in their own ways.
like the grab in underground has like 5 years of end lag.
and the grab in this game is useless and can only be used by walking into stunned enemies.

Its a joke video where abobo tells a kid to bulk up by punching a wall. It plays in the tutorial area

The fuck lol
Sure user go ahead, its a great game

It is if you don't fuck up your z layer/depth... OH WAIT, that's ANOTHER issue with the game.

>what is Aliens

>everyone loves magical punches that hit everyone behind us too

Speak for yourself, faggot. Having to be at the right distance adds an element of skill.

It has no DRM. you don't even need steam to run it lol.

If it's a decision between this and God Hand, God Hand is undoubtedly the better of the two games.

Oh that video. In the game, there's a different voice track over, but the actual video has its own audio track.

"I don't understand it so it's bad, mommy!"

>the literal state of this thread
Now I'm more convinced that I'm going to buy this game. This is the second best thing to happen to Yea Forums right now, just after Terry getting into Smash.

Very unrealistic will not watch

Literally an hour after launch there was a Google drive link with the game in a zip file

Torrent links?

>buying a shitty game just to own Yea Forums
What loser

Its alright but the fact you cant rebind controls is one of the gayest things on the fuckin planet.

Ok enjoy your $30 browser game lmao

Grandma used to say this "It does not matter whether a hero is male or female, only that he or she possesses justice."

Grandma also said "There are only two genders"

Attached: grandma said this.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>I hope you will all do your duty and shit on everything they try to push
Just who the fuck do you think you are?

Attached: 1554904155362.png (567x548, 569K)

Based and redpilled

Cringe and bluepilled

>buying shit games for 42 dolarydoos to own the libs

Please buy 10 copies.

The “River City Girls” should be at home breastfeeding their children, not Big Punching sloppy hit boxes

Will not buy

shit
my bad sorry I didn't know

Shills mad

So a 12 y/o, apparently? Gotcha

Dilate

This is GENUINE cringe.

Attached: 1445923349159.png (1011x1088, 923K)

It's only $18.75 where I live. Between this and the overpriced Indivisible, I might buy this.

Shills mad,

There's a limit obviously but gladly, bigger hitboxes are fun as fuck. Sure it adds an element of skill but there's tons of way to add skill to a game that are fun, but having miniscule hitboxes that make you sometimes miss an enemy because you were a bit too close isn't one of them

Shills seething with impotent rage

files.catbox.moe/x70tbp.webm
Riveting battle vs Miss Uzu

the idea of a 12 year old. shitting on trannies & repeating shit like dilate is the funniest idea ever to me.
I can only hope we influence kids to do that.

>that ending
wtf bros, was it all just delusion?

Attached: 1540229865212.gif (260x173, 1.11M)

I beat her by doing Misako's jump heavy while jumping over her every single time

I hope so too. I'm encouraging any of them reading the thread here to remind all way forward fans that their games are shit, they have never been good and never will be, the girls are ugly 4kids designs and they need to dilate.

I want several generations of kids growing up into adults who can do nothing but spew out memes and cry, just to see how bad things can really get.

>the idea of a 12 year old. shitting on trannies & repeating shit like dilate is the funniest idea ever to me
Welcome to Yea Forums, I guess. You will like it here.

You want riveting, Abobo will give you riveting.

I'm going to sleep and i don't care about this game anymore so i'm leaving this just for the lolz.

Attached: 3180821 - Kyoko Misako Noq River_City_Girls.jpg (848x1200, 1.29M)

Pottery

user please, we all know the games are bad, but the art is all they've ever had going for them. No one will take you seriously when you insist on shitting on the one thing they do right.

Based

Why all the cocks are black?

Game looks great, but man that Ending is so unrewarding.

You've never meant a white girl have you?

Based Japan mocking SJWs who made RSG

>mocking

They're just horny perverts who want to draw pron. Doesn't mean they hate it - chances are, they'll draw porn of anything they love

Cope

>anime
>nuance

You're one of them evangelion faggots huh

In Japan, basically every black man is expected to have a 15 inch cock minimum.

Why should I cope when they are clearly fans? Plus I already bought the game and am comming artists who like the game to draw mroe 34 of this series

>fans of this game

Kek

>he doesn't know

Lul

I know all about Calarts lol