Deadly Premonition for Switch

Zach, our world is only 15 fps, yet only when I step foot inside an enclosed space, does my view become smooth. I wonder why that is?

IT SUCKS ASS! The game is laggy as shit outside, the volume cut out with my first meeting with the sheriff and deputy, my siren makes no noise, and my sprint sound cuts out as the bar reaches the end.

Attached: 3577208-switch_deadlypremonition2_05.jpg (1214x933, 539K)

There's is a patch that will come later on, but this is ridiculous, this shit is not ready.

Can I just drive around the city?

Same here. Why did they sell a game with all this problema?

This game was legendary for its technical issues. How is it still not stable?

Because the game is legendary for its technical issues?

...With multiple patches and ports to iron them out.

>one day later still seething

Even the game's code is Lynchian.

Every version of the game has a completely different set of bugs. It's fucking insane how they keep having major issues that range from permanently soft-locking the game to your goes so fast that it can't move.

You really believed that? Every version added in almost as many new bugs as the old ones it fixed.

Because all of the previous version have equal if not worse problems. 360 is the only playable version

And the PC version is still the most unstable of the bunch. Some sections are flat out unplayable without attempting to speedrun it before a crash triggers depending on your OS.

15fps is still 5fps more than the PS3 version of DP1.

That's bafflingly unprofessional.

RUH-ROH!
someone is mad they're not getting yet another masterpiece.

Attached: realistic woman having a giggle.webm (378x412, 803K)

>PC version
Holy fuck, getting the weather doll gives me PTSD remembering all the crashes

I wanna see how the multi camera chase scenes are done on switch when they were already 10fps on 360.

Wasn't Red Seeds Profile just the 360 version with a worse framerate? So technically two versions are playable. Honestly, the only 360 problem is getting that one key from the police station too early which broke a later chapter. Plus if you have an Xbone it fixes the framerate problems altogether.

so like almost all versions of the game. Did they actually say they were gonna patch it? I'm waiting for the collectors edition regardless but I doubt they have the ability to really fix the game, the directors cut was still a mixed bag of jank

I loved how they just casually announced a sequel.

It gives me salt poisoning remembering all the pickles in the cementery!

I never finished the game because I got fed up with the technical issues. Never owned a 360 so it's a little late to do that version, so I'm hoping this Switch port shows better results than the PS3/PC copies that were shat out.

The direct is over guys, you don't have to pretend to be hyped about it anymore.

There twitter said the're fixing the audio bugs and a few technical ones but I have no faith in them to actually get it running well.

>I'm waiting for the collectors edition regardless
I don't think Rising Star does CEs, and even if they did, it'd just be DP2 + a couple DLC codes, and a digital code for DP1 and DP2 because cartridges cost money

They're calling the DP1 release a "Collector's Edition". Aksys is publishing it in November.

Attached: deadly-premonition-origins.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

well thats fine, get that shit running at 60 locked isnt gonna change anyone's opinion on it, its still a love it or hate it deal
its being released physically by Aksys.

Well fuck me. Least we have time to see how fucked the port is or not well before then. Don't own a Switch yet but will get a Lite for DP2, and whenever the fuck Bayo3 comes out.

But that's the worst part I'M LOVING THIS CAMPY SHIT! It's not scary at fucking all but i'm having genuine fun, granted i'd have more fun if the framerate wasn't such ass. So was driving always shitty for this game, or is that the framerate?

The driving is shit on PC at 60fps, so I presume the framerate would make it worse due to repsonse rate.

It's always been shitty, but you can get cars that handle better by doing side stuff for the guy that runs the car lot

> So was driving always shitty for this game
No, it's always been that way on the 360. It gets even sillier with York's Car because you can hit the skybox if you go to the park and drive really fast off the hill that's supposed to take you down.

PS3 bad or worse? People shit on the PS3 version but it wasn't really that awful unlike another Access games game involving dragons

so there is no collector's edition for preorder on the site, I guess thats something they havent listed or maybe not being done by Aksys. I did hear about it though, maybe its in the Numskull version they are releasing in Europe

Does it really lack the directors cut cutscenes but has everything else? Also does it have gyro aiming, can't aim for shit on stick

>Rancid turd of a game on a technical level
>Shit on a gameplay level
>Only saving graces are its atmosphere, music and story which 1 doesn't matter too much in a game and 2 just rips off Twin Peaks

Why do people like this shit again?

In terms of crash-stability it goes 360 >>>>> PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PC. Don't know where Switch sits.

For framerate it's PC >>>>>> 360 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3.

I remember getting a bunch of super cheap keys and handing them out to friends just so I could they could experiment on their hardware and report back what the fuck went wrong with their copy

A few gems:
>Game starts around 100 hz
>Framerate drops every minute
>Eventually gets to the 10-15 range and crashes
>Beating demon kaysen is nigh impossible

>Constant brake screaching noises whenever my friend drives in the car
>Another friend's copy forces his computer to 480p until he reboots, upping the resolultion black screens his PC

Ive got the platinum trophy. These posters are so picky. Its laggy but you wouldnt have a big problem with it. This game doesnt have a part that you absolutely need to care about with frame rate.

>>Another friend's copy forces his computer to 480p until he reboots, upping the resolultion black screens his PC
I had this problem if I ran fullscreen. Pretty much played the entire game windowed as a result.

>This game doesnt have a part that you absolutely need to care about with frame rate.
Honestly that's only because the Director's Cut removed the difficulty options and forced the game on Easy mode. Benefit in this case though since the game's combat is atrocious, so anything to let you get by that quicker is for the better.

Is Swery one of those dudes that just needs a competent team or is the fact that the games are so janky part of the charm? Should we get Platinum to work with him?

He's need a team at the minimum that can release a stable game.

I don't think there's gyro from what i'm seeing in the menu, you can customize the controls. Guys I shit you not this framerate isn't good, at the very least wait for some footage to come out and see for yourself, because this actually seems like a fun game but, it's just not optimized, indoors are fine but if you have to drive everywhere with this lag. Please save your money, I spent it so you don't have to.

but...must support...swery

Anyone knows if the switch version fixes the awful controls?

Nope, neither it has gyro

FIGHT IT GODDAMNIT, YOU'RE STILL GETTING THE SEQUEL, SUPPORT IT THERE! Do you really want them to think this is the level of quality you will pay for in the sequel?

Considering his last game, dispite being a short and simple 2.5D platformer, ran pretty well and had no issues, I'd say it's mostly his dev team.

Didn't they also handle stuff like Drakengard 3, which ran like shit, and DMC4SE, which only thanks to the imperviousness of the engine still ran smooth, but only just?

No gyro, but you can customize the controls. Customizing it is a challenge in itself though...

hope it shapes up just a bit by November then.