It's been more than 7 years. Are you still mad Yea Forums?

It's been more than 7 years. Are you still mad Yea Forums?

Attached: me3.png (776x608, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/08/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-a-few-words-on-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu9qhlATRCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was never mad to begin with. Granted I played the trilogy back to back with every single DLC including the Leviathans one so I was perfectly OK with my High EMS Destroy ending

No. Legends 3 still makes me mad.

Not mad but still disappointed.

I will never not be mad about ME3.

Never gave a shit about this franchise, the plot is just a shitty ripoff of TTGL

I bought the game for 5 bucks. I’m not AS mad as I once was but the anger is simmering.

Naw, they didn't sucker me in for this one after that Giant Robo Fetus in 2. I'm ambivalent.
Still go back and play ME1 sometimes, that game was good.

Attached: 1490486100774.gif (200x200, 948K)

Has it really been so long? fuck, man.

As someone who has never played these games can someone explain to me what's so wrong about ME3 ending and this screen that gets posted all the time?

Attached: 1539578353466.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

ME1 was honestly one of the most boring games I've ever played. I just wanted it to be over by about halfway through
>drive around your car on an empty "planet"
>find a building
>play a shitty cover shooter in a tiny room full of boxes
>repeat for like 20 hours
I will never ever understand how that shitty game got such a following.

I never cared about mass effect or the trash bioware put out so not really.

Its basically the poster child for "your choices MATTER" and then having the ending be literally the exact same regardless of what you did. Also its pretty trashy to end your series with the words "downloadable content".

If you got promised three types of cupcakes but they were all vanilla with colored frosting. I hope you enjoy this food based metaphor.

>3 games of "your choices will matter by the end!"
>game has 3 endings and the only changes between them are the color of a particle effect and texture
>after the disastrous ending you get the "lol pls buy dlc" message as a goodbye
It was the ultimate fuck you.

Original ending for 3 dodn't take into consideration a bunch of choices made during the 3 games, plus is was abrupt as heck and it wasn't explained what happened after it, it was basically the same ending with little variatons that all ended with an explotion and no explanation of what cane after it, making it seem as if everything was destroyed. Then after the credits you're greeted with OP's pic telling you to buy DLC like a good goy. They ended up releasing a free DLC that expanded the endings + other DLCs that actually explained the villain's motivations. As it stands right now, with all DLCs taken into account, some people like it, some still hate it.

>I will never ever understand how that shitty game got such a following.
The terrible romance options. I recall there being like 800 Mass Effect generals in a row here years ago full of that shit.

my brother

Still have not played 3 to this day. Stopped at 2 and don't plan on going any further desu

Okay I can understand why people hate it now. That would leave a terrible taste in my mouth too.

You're missing out, the multiplayer is still the best part of the franchise.

>Tali threads all over Yea Forums 24/7
I'm glad most of those fuckers fucked off to /vg/ and took the tripniggers with them

Attached: 144775646445.jpg (161x250, 6K)

hell yeah I'm still mad

After two masterpieces ME3 was a trainwreck start to finish

They had these grandiose plans when ME1 shipped of having all these branching storylines to where there would be "dozens of endings," and something like that is totally possible to pull off, with enough time and money. Then EA came in, bought Bioware, and stretched out their asshole. They turned Mass Effect and Dragon Age into staggered annual releases, and didn't let them take the proper amount of time to make the fucking game they wanted to to begin with. In the end you are presented with a machine with 3 levers you can pull, and all they do is change the color of the particle effects in the ending cutscene. Then the game tells you to get ready to buy DLC after the credits.

Attached: 1474017725234.png (476x409, 368K)

I knew it would be a disappointment when the reapers showed up in the first minute. What were we doing in ME1 if they could just fly in like that?

No idea why they made it a trilogy.

No as i never touched the series in the first place

reminder that the extended special edition endings they said would fix everything are even stupider than the release rushjob versions

i want to fuck mercy

This. It would never have done so well if it wasn't for the romance, since that draws in the waifuniggers. It's why CDPR shills keep talking about the Corp bitch in 2077, or why people were more concerned with no romance in outer worlds when the game itself just looks bad.

Holy shit, a food metaphor that actually makes sense.

I'm not mad anymore, just wish bioware would just fuck off and die already they put out pure shit nonstop idk how they're still in business

Me neither, EA letting Bioware live this long confuses me when they normally murdering studios left and right.

First time I've seen a food metaphor on here that actually works. Kudos.

just like that guy, will never be not mad

I played 2 and loved it, but then heard about the trilogy being a waste because of a lazy ending and then just gave up on it. Not mad, because I never had a chance to be

I was already mad at the second one, should've stopped there.

someone stabs you and then offers to sell you bandages

I remember being in college and pirating mass effect 3 even after I bought the first 2 because I was so fucking broke. I didn't feel as bad after finishing it though. Hope you enjoyed my blog

Maybe because it was a fun role-playing game?

Attached: 5naFPuS.png (880x699, 515K)

Except it wasn't, unless it was your first RPG and you had zero standards for it.

>buy mass effect 3
>opening cutscene makes me feel nothing and takes 3 hours
>character can't jump
>refund game

Attached: 1548412903207.png (580x701, 275K)

I wait until a game releases and has time to get reviewed before I play it, so I've never actually gone through 3 despite loving 1 & 2.

I never bought the game nor played a single ME game, but I did shitpost nonstop about it

Attached: image_1.jpg (441x248, 20K)

Imagine being this fat.

no i didnt care about this shit series in the first place

Yes I'm still mad

Attached: concentratedlorerape.jpg (976x117, 36K)

I'm not mad about the game or the ending, because Bioware is dogshit and Mass Effect was a bad game (yes, even the first one).

I'm mad because this was what started the ball rolling on the fad of developers being smug, self-absorbed assholes who openly hate their customers and the people who play their games.

Why imagine when you can look in the mirror tubby?

>background music cues
>we lost some good anons to the shitpost wars
>they gave everything to give us shitty wojak memes
>its up to us to make those shitty memes mean something and avenge the console war bans
>the mods, the jannies
>they arent a threat to us, they are a threat to internet fun, we're fighting for future anons to shitpost
>its been a long war of shitposting, and no ones come out without bans
>win or lose we take it all, make another user proud, make yourself proud of your shit memes

Attached: shepard.jpg (1024x641, 76K)

HEY GUYS, I'M SURE THE RACHNI QUEEN WILL COME BACK WITH AN ARMY RIGHT?

Yeah

Ironically enough the DLCs were fun though

imagine being at computers

I vaguely remember some user talking about how absolutely crazy mass effect 3 will be.

>I've saved the krogan, all the members of the cerberus squad, the illusid man will be backing me, and I'll be riding in on the back of the Rachni Queen's horde

BASED

Attached: 1537518338320.png (900x900, 90K)

GUYS YOU ALL SAVED KAL'REEGAR RIGHT? HE'S GONNA BE IMPORTANT IN THREE MAYBE EVEN BE A COMPANION

Has there EVER been a sequel to a "choices matter" kind of game that actually took into account your choices and they end up mattering?

Attached: 1332019878258.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Witcher 3.

I went full on burn the witch and got whats her face impaled on a stake.

>implying you would allow ANYONE to live with that amount of power
Retards don't understand how absurd sorceresses are.

Fuck you Casey Hudson

Attached: an61qlz8tcr11.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

this faggot is in charge of bioware now lol

Attached: 1333050776243.png (691x843, 644K)

>people that say ME2 is a """""""""""""masterpiece"""""""""""""

Attached: 1421494554549.png (304x366, 231K)

No, you don't understand. You can't possibly understand.

Mass Effect, while not being a good game, was an RPG trying to be a real, old school type of game with branching paths and light/dark routes and morality and close ties with companions who you developed real bonds with because they had personalities and interesting things to say and all that shit. It had a complex and interesting villain that promised great things in future expansions. It was a spark of old games like KOTOR in a time when no one was making those games, because all that would sell was COD:BLOPS.

And Bioware ran with it, they developed a fanbase and they pandered. They said this would be a grand trilogy and it would all culminate in a game that wrapped up everything. And then EA happened. And EA forced Bioware to pare down their development team, and shit out these games in a year. They didn't care about the promise it held or what it could be, just the money.

And then ME2 happened and it was shit, but it had sparks in there of real potential. And then ME3 happened. And it was rushed, it was half-finished, it was full of garbage graphics (they used fucking 2D sprites in some areas), a horrible storyline, and it all culiminated in the worst ending ever, where a trilogy about choices and your actions affecting where the story went, and who lived and who died, came down to a room with three doors, which played the same cinematic with either a Red, Blue, or Green tint to it. And then it was over. Nothing mattered, nothing resolved, it just ended.

And then Casey Hudson, that smug little shit, kicked off the worst thing to happen to video games where he went on Youtube on Mass Effect's official channel, and called everyone who was downvoting the game "entitled whiny babies".

It was honestly the worst thing that has ever happened in the games industry because we literally never recovered from it, and the effect it had only continues to grow to this day.

Pillars of Eternity 2

I will also add that the controversy surrounding the game is a big part of what eventually led to Gamergate, what with journalists essentially running defense for Bioware, popularizing the term “gamer entitlement”, and the bitch from IGN even being made into a character. The whole thing was a really egregious example of how anti-consumer journalists are willing to get in order to protect publishers and developers.

Bro Bioware went out of business like, three years ago.

Name something wrong about me2 that doesn't involve it being ruined by me3

I'm talking about choices made in the previous games

>Man this ending fucking sucks, ya'll lied to us wtf
>"wow, entitled much?"
Fucking faggots, all of them.

I don't really care about anything anymore.
But I remember being mad for years after this.

Attached: when you're dwarf.jpg (211x228, 15K)

You burn out her eyes and then start a crusade against sorceresses in the second game my dude.

The final boss? The lack of almost any Reaper involvement (i.e. the main antagonist force of the trilogy)? The lack of any plot development?

The Dirty Dozen plot is fun and comfy but fuck me if the gameplay didn't age like milk. It's the epitome of everything bad about cover shooters.

GG would come later, but you're right that everything that triggered it was really brought out with the Mass Effect 3 controversy. I didn't quite touch on that here but it's basically what I was getting at with the last sentence.

>ME2 happened and it was shit
Fuck off

Until the end of the times I will be mad.

ME2 was dogshit from a gameplay, writing, and development standpoint and it's only saving grace was a few moments with specific NPCs. That's not enough to make it a good game.

While the skills themselves are fun, the skill point system is vastly inferior to ME1. You can't really make different builds anymore.

>horrible plot
>horrible new characters
>nothing you did in ME1 matters in the slightest
>all DLC is implemented in laziest way possible
>no player agency in the cerberus plot until the literal last choice in the game
>most loyalty quests are utter shit outside of a few
>no hub world
>collectors are garbage
>cerberus is garbage
>braindead repetitive combat that makes ME1 look like a masterpiece
>Virmire choices don't fucking matter at all
its fucking shit and its the zoomer pick for best ME game because they were retarded little kids who played a COD-looking scifi game

Attached: 1567628352190.jpg (2000x2000, 810K)

>The final boss?
I thought it was fine. specially for a western boss.

>The lack of almost any Reaper involvement (i.e. the main antagonist force of the trilogy)?
Same thing happens with the Borg in star trek, if they just talk about them it makes them more threatening.

>The lack of any plot development?

Me2 had tons of plot development, but that got retconned by ME3

ME2 was shit, read Shamus Young's analysis.

No because I caught early on that every game made by Bioware is essentially shit.

It killed all my interest in Mass Effect and I have not touched anything Mass Effect ever since. Does that mean I'm mad? I can't say I really give a fuck at this point but the appeal of Mass Effect is still gone. The apparent disaster which was Andromeda and modern Biowhore's 'practices' certainly don't help either.

>I thought it was fine. specially for a western boss.

This is a shitpost.

>gameplay and writing
Oh you mean how it was identical in every way except now you have thermal clips?

>horrible new characters
Kasumi is a qt3.14

>Me2 had tons of plot development
>
>
>
>

Attached: 1401141125501.gif (600x338, 1.38M)

>This is a shitpost.

I'll admit its been a while since I've played it, but I don't remember it being awful. it was a generic "big monster you shoot in the eyes" but that didn't seem horrible...

ME3 and DA2 were catalysts. Games that essentially broke the relationship between people who played games and people who reported on them.

The fact they were both Bioware/EA titles is kind of funny

1 >>>>>>>>>>>> 90% of 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 >>>>> ending of 3

AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT FAGGOTS

ME2's writing is fine.

Attached: redpill.png (1106x1349, 101K)

>but that didn't seem horrible...
Bro are you literally braindead? I'm not being sarcastic, I actually want to know if you're mentally impaired or just like, 12 years old.

>dude these geth-ripoff bugs are kidnapping humans, work for me even though I'm obviously evil and working for the reapers somehow

>this game is awesome except for twenty minutes
WOW I AM BLOWN AWAY

>"The Illusive Man"

Yeah I'll take a hard pass. Maybe start with a character who's name isn't a joke.

Yes, because "The Reapers" is super unique and not at all an overdone trope

>writes you emails with "The Illusive Man" as his signature

why so serious?

Her romance arc is shockingly cringy through Rannoch and everything. It only gets worse in the citadel DLC. It was a pretty interesting character otherwise. The fuck were they thinking? Garrus even tells you you’re acting like a bitch on Rannoch if you take him with.

Rannoch being the grand canyon is the dumbest part of ME3

i will never not be angry about the ending, its like a bunch of dude bros came together and made a game on what they think "nerds" would find cool like explosions and DEEP THINK plot that made you wanna go out and buy a gun to shoot whoever made the game.
Then the ending in the most tasteless way possible says look forward to dlc!I just sat there going this cant be real they basically said
>yeh you saved the world or w/e champ now make sure to buy some dlc/multiplayer packs my yacht isnt gonna pay itself
Im getting angry just typing about it wont even go into the journalist garbage.

I will be mad untill Casey Hudson comes out and officially states, live for everyone to see, how badly they (and him specifically) fucked up the ENTIRE thing and apologises for it completely.

Not
>oh some people didn't like it but there were lots who did
>we were under a lot of stress and we did the best we could
>there was no way we could live up to everyones expectations
but a real, proper apology for the fucking SHIT they sold us.

hey FBI we got a live one

You know what my favorite bad thing about ME2 was?

The Shadow Broker DLC. It was fucking hilarious to me.

It's like, they do so much work DURING THE FUCKING GAME to hype up this dude as being the biggest player in the galaxy, running shit from the shadows as a big criminal overlord who can get to anyone anywhere. And so you decide to go after him to save your friend.

And then you just blast through some generic enemies, you kill this big kinda-cool looking alien dude who you realize is actually the Shadow Broker, and now you've killed the guy and I guess taken over his whole operation, and you even get dialogue saying with his setup you can help do good all over the galaxy and whatever. So what do you do with it?

Nothing. The game ends. That was the last DLC, there's nothing else. You don't use his shit to do anything, there's no prize or reward or closure, it's just over.

You couldn't pay someone to write a worse game.

b-b-but the war assets

Even better is how little impact having access the the broker's information network has on the greater story in 3. Other than a plot device for Liara knowing random shit without having to have any exposition because shadow broker.

>Liara in Mass Effect 2

Attached: 1377698091019.gif (213x168, 913K)

>devs promise choices matter
>Ending comes
>Choices only amount to a arbitrary point system to decide if you should be allowed choose only a or all 3 endings, and adding a extra brief cut scene to one
>ending shows the only method of travel between systems in the galaxy is destroyed by either a red, blue or green explosion, leaving everyone stranded and fucked anyway
>right after ending cut to telling you to buy more dlc
>Outrage ensures
>Game Journalists show their true colours to normalfags, writing articles calling fans entitled and telling them to grow the fuck for being mad about the shit endings
>adds more fuel to the fire
>Devs release a "extended cut", trying to clear up the confusing shit about the different endings and elaborate on what will happen for each ending, fixing shit that didn't make sense (scene of mc calling in his ship to evac his two squadmates with him, who otherwise just seemingly vanished and then reappeared on the ship in a later cutscene)
>Too little, too late
They tried to win back fans as well with one of the dlcs being full to the brim of fanservice and having a plot that seems like it would be something a fanfic writer would come up with.

no. its just a video game.

The last chapter of everyone's story ends with their death, who wrote this shit?

Attached: 1385420050358.jpg (720x681, 65K)

>They tried to win back fans as well with one of the dlcs being full to the brim of fanservice and having a plot that seems like it would be something a fanfic writer would come up with.
it worked though

I sold my copies of mass effect 1-3 because of this ending. What a load of shit. But I’m not mad anymore.

Suicide mission is too easy not to screw up. Doesn't advance the plot of the incoming reaper threat.

It worked and there should be a whole fucking game like that. There was another thread talking about having a citadel buddy cop game just like it a few days ago.

Honestly, yes, absolutely, a lot

And a coalburner

HEY GUYS LETS TALK ABOUT DARK MATTER THE REAL THREAT OF THE TRILOGY!NO?WELL ITS OK BIOWARE FORGET ABOUT IT ANYWAY HAHA

>and there should be a whole fucking game like that
no, there shouldn't. they tried that with Andromeda and it flopped hard because you can't do a cutesy fun game like that with a new cast, because the only reason Citadel worked was because it was with otherwise-straightlaced characters that you knew for literal YEARS. a ME game that was nothing but goofiness would be utter shit as Andromeda showed

a lighter tone would work, but Andromeda was basically a snarky cynical farce

Alpha Protocol.

>feel like writing a fanfic that takes place after the Destroy ending and deals with the repercussions of the Reapers, Mass Relays and the Geth being nuked across the galaxy
>stop before I get past one chapter because nobody cares about anything that isn't Fem Shep fucking Garrus/Sheploo fucking Tali

Attached: 1377705161813.jpg (620x350, 41K)

>entire time through the series wondering how the fuck the galaxy is going to defeat this powerful as fuck enemy
>complete the earth tutorial
>get sent straight to Mars for another mission
>not even 5 minutes into said mission
>"lol dont worry guys the BADASS and stronk writers pet found blueprints for a Macguffin to defeat the bad guys."

lmao finish the game if that's your complaint

Huh, I've only played through a short portion of what appears to be the tutorial in Andromeda. Wasn't going to ask what I'm in for but I'm already mad that I'm in some other goddamn galaxy fighting these shit monster things.

you fight some gay wannabe Collectors and apparently it's connected to the Dark Matter bullshit, but I never finished. the writing is too bad and besides Vetra and the grandpa Krogan the characters are horrible

I had learned not to play EA games a full decade before this game.

So far all it's making me do is want to go back and play the trilogy.

>Giant Robo Fetus in 2
Yeah I still don't get that. How was that supposed to look anything like a reaper?

I am still madder about this than with Drakengard 3
More than with Fable 3
More than c&c 4
More than with what has been done to battlefield, battlefront and NFS games
More than with the Dungeon Keeper mobile shit
Moreso than with Oblivion

Attached: 1492353785687.jpg (158x143, 8K)

Damn good post

There was that plus the shitty edgelord character you face off against.
>Acts like a cocky cunt the entire time
>Almost loses to another assassin who is dying off a disease destroying his lungs
>said assassin just crawled off his fucking deathbed to back you up and still dabs on him for most of the fight despite this
>get to fight him yourself
>Can easily shit on him, only problem being the vtol he calls in to provide support when you damage him enough when he reaches a certain threshold, dragging out the fight
>Cutscene then has his BTFO you and your two squadmates were during the gameplay you were absolutely shitting on
>Still acts like a cocky cunt
>Sends you as a email right after this fight he only wins because the plot demands that he wins

you guys are all dead wrong. the ending was actually genius

birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/08/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-a-few-words-on-the-ending-of-mass-effect-3

ME2's horrible main plot made me stop before 3. From what people tell me I probably would have stopped playing at the cyborg ninja.

>Drakengard 3
Why would you be mad at DoD3? Taro delivered his typical "you have no idea what you are going to get. Fuck you"

Being the shadow broker was entirely so they could justify Liara knowing everything they needed her to know when the plot demanded it. The only difference for the player if they didn't do the dlc is while she became the broker on her own the Drell friend of hers dies. Also Arrival was the last dlc, the one where Shepherd goes solo to rescue a scientist and like a absolute lad kills a shitload of the four eyed freaks.

Have anyone played me3 with that galaxy at War mod or whatever it was called along with restored content? Apparently makes it much better.

The last word of the trilogy being DLC still gives me phantom pain

They spent 2 games building up the main thread and saying about how all your choices matter. Then all of those choices boiled down into nothing but a "reaper preparedness" meter that you filled up through playing multiplayer.

I think it was supposed to be it’s core and then the shell gets built around it. Unless up until humans reapers were cephalopod races only.

>angrier about ME3's ending than Fable 3
AT LEAST ME3 IS GOOD BESIDES THE ENDING
FABLE 3 IS ONE OF THE WORST GAMES EVER MADE, FUCK YOU

Attached: 1377250733883.png (559x434, 196K)

Are we to assume that the cuttlefish shell is the most efficient exterior shape while the most interior shape happens to be whatever the shape of the species it's based on is? Because that doesn't make any sense

But your weapon grows with your choices :^)

No, none of it does. I will never not be mad.

For people with shit taste, perhaps.

Do you really wanna hear me make a list about how the butchered dragon fighting, shitty framerate, inconsistent framerates, being called a prequel despite nothing making sense in the wrong sense, just overall shitty atmosphere as in a shitty quality, having no character development for %95 of the cast and the others being really obvious, %95 of the dialogue being lol sex not gonna lie the old man finding a different way to refer to his dick and sex in general was fun, everything with Accord, all those 4th wall breaks, generally bad voice acting after 2 games with good ones, ost being much weaker than the first 2, all those shit you had to do again makes me mad?No user, it was just plain low quality shit with nothing going for it other than the boss intros and themes
I would be less mad if it was a new IP

Here's the thing
Fable 2 was already a downgrade with gameplay-wise
Fable 3 just took that shit further
It was just bland but showed promise here and there,while ME3 only had the shooting being better than 2 and the multiplayer going for it
The game was throwing fuck you's every two minutes

>The game was throwing fuck you's every two minutes
I am playing it right now and the only things that are horrible besides Kai Leng and the reporter bitch is the ending I haven't gotten to, what's bad about the story besides that?

killing Udina is 100% KINO

>horrible new characters
The ME2 cast is objectively the best received one in the entire franchise, their near exclusion in ME3 caused quite an uproar and resulted in each one of them getting their own segment in Citadel DLC. Too little, too late, though as Citadel DLC and EC fixed nothing. Only by going back to it can Bioware build a future.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fu9qhlATRCc

>The ME2 cast is objectively the best received one in the entire franchise
and normalfags are retarded. no shit the cast that is mostly humans and are cartoonishly one-dimensional would be the best received

How about ...
>The ME3 journal system
>How ME3 relegated your choices to a number counter
>Kai Leng
>"We fight or we die"
>Reapers on the galaxy map
>Rannoch
>We kill organics to save them from being killed by synthetics, while we, ourselves, are synthetics
>Eavesdrop Shepard
>SP progression tied to the MP
>Bugs breaking the game, literally
>Kai Leng
>Cerberus in general
>More Cerberus
>Even more Cerberus
>Who are these Reaper faggots? More Cerberus!
And that's just the off the top of my head. So how about no.

Your personal opinions on the subject don't matter. ME2 is still the best received game in the franchise and literally what propelled the franchise to its near legendary status and establishing it as THE franchise to play in the previous gen.

The Mass Effect novel where Kai Leng decides to edgily eat cereal in his target's apartment will always be the funniest shit writing ever

Most people think ME2 is the best, simply because it was the first time Bioware decided to dumb their game down to unheard of levels of retard. The game plays itself pretty much and it ended up scoring higher because of it. The cast wasn't nearly as thought out and the game suffers as whole.

no

I don't give a fuck how much money it made or how many awards it got or how much fame it has or its metacritic score or whatever, the game is fucking trash you cum guzzling cocksucker. Eat shit.

Attached: 1377339128554.jpg (355x397, 30K)

>what's bad about the story besides that?
Rachni backpedalling
Mordin changing his ideology all of a sudden when it was a really important part of his character arc
''play online or get jackshit'' thingy which didnt really amount to much later on
Cerberus backpedalling, again
Anything about reapers from their reasoning to their origin
On disk DLC about a really fucking important discovery which somehow amounts to fucking nothing because lol who cares about protheans
Beef mcmancheddar having NO fucking intro
Ashley being a literal tranny all of a sudden
Kaiden's whole personality being ''gay'' now
Every single important decision being handwaved
Every single important character other than the main ones being a ''hey let's meet up here or I'll appear in this story section for 2 secs and fuck off till the ending where I'll maaaaaybe call you once ok bye shep'' encounter
Buggy port
You want me to go on?

So why even play Mass Effect if the game was absolute shit? Surely you weren't expecting a better game after it.

It’s more common behavior than you’d think. I’ve read several true crime stories about burglars who’s wait for the homeowner to leave for work, break in, bag up their shit then cook breakfast, crash on their couch and drink beer for a few hours before leaving. They got so used to it this story normally ends with them drinking too much, passing out, and waking up to the cops cuffing him.

after this bioware became a trash pile

>andromeda

>other awful games

>wasting all that time on DOA Anthem instead of a new Dragon Age or proper Mass Effect

Attached: 91372193871892312312.jpg (636x464, 75K)

Attached: tumblr_llte2nMaMj1qjj7oso1_500.png (500x287, 48K)

>More than with Fable 3
I can't decide if I'm more mad about it than Fable 3 or not. With Fable 3 your gf gets engaged to some guy she meets a few days after you leave the castle. Sure you can get her back, but jesus christ.
Also apparently prostitution is evil and can help keep back/weaken the darkness/evil/whateverthefuckitis.

is that the villain bitch from power rangers?

It was supposed to be a much longer time but of course they fucked that up with natural time passage I guess

>Game Journalists show their true colours to normalfags, writing articles calling fans entitled and telling them to grow the fuck for being mad about the shit endings
This and the complete and utter contempt bioware showed for their fans at the time can not be overstated. I think ME3 was one of the first times a game dev came out that they actively hated a large portion of their fan base for wanting a game to not be shit. All the journalists siding with bioware just added fuel to the fire. I know it's really petty but I actually kind of enjoyed reading the articles about the current state at bioware and seeing the huge failures of andromeda and anthem.

Attached: 1526174076739.gif (448x251, 3.7M)

I played the game after this bullshit was fixed with the DLC's, so I don't care

Attached: mass_effect_color_blind.png (522x440, 69K)

>Here's the dozens of possible endings to the last entry of your beloved trilogy bro, oh and buy our dlc pretty please
>You don't like it? Well here's another one where you lose and everyone dies lol

Attached: ME3.webm (640x360, 2.33M)

Attached: cereal.jpg (500x364, 54K)

Because there's more to a game, especially an RPG, than just the gameplay you fuckwit.

Based as fuck.

>So why have hope?
Gee aren't you swell

Get over it. Grow up, gain height and get a girlfriend you losers.

I can play the entire game like a evil asshole. But the ending allows me to pick the jesus savior ending.

I didn't play my first Mass Effect game until quite some time after 3 came out, so by the time I finished it all the controversy and shit was long over.
Even then seeing that screen was a massive disappointment. I can't imagine how soul crushing must have been for people who were big fans of the franchise and were waiting for it.

ME3 completely ruined the first two games for me. The whole time I played 1 and 2, I would fantasize about how it was all going to end, who created the Reapers, why they wanted to eradicate all organic life, etc. One of the best parts about the first two games was how well they built tension, and how the story built momentum. With the ending to ME3, it completely deflated all of that and brought it all to a grinding halt.

It sucks because I played the fuck out of the first two games, and every once in a while I get an itch to play them again, but I just can't do it. I start them up and will play them for a half hour or so, and I'll realize it's all for nothing. I hate it Yea Forums, I hate it so much.

Attached: 1553045978992.gif (404x347, 1003K)

>autistic
>blade runner r9k
checks out

never played these but i remember all the B-list actors they got to plug this game before it released calling it "the best game ever" or some other hyperbole bullshit, which is legal but really scummy ways to advertise because nobody is ever supposed to believe you when you claim a product is "the best" but they might if they got X star to say it..

The OP's image doesn't make it clear?

It was a fucking letdown, time can't change that.

When you get a girlfriend you'll understand

Play it, ME 3 is unironically fucking great. Its just the last 30 minutes...

>the effect it had only continues to grow to this day.

That is... the real Mass Effect.

3 is better than 2 save for the ending

If ME 2 didn't feature a Shepard with 100 pound weights strapped to his ankles, I'd honestly prefer ME 2 over ME 3 every time. So this is pretty on point.

Good for all his faggotry he's better than Aaron Flynn.

psssh,
commence standard waist high duck and shoot
pssh all enemies down, you may continue

me1 had sniper sections, ones where you crawl through tight corridors and get rushed, open fights, a lot more variety to encounters even if it was unpolished.

Man, that game was jank as fuck, but I love that part near the beginning when you finish the training course and are about to get accepted into Alpha Protocol, and the black guy interviewing you asks you why you want to join, and you get the options of like "I want to make a difference" or "I'm in it for the thrill" or "I'm bored, I dunno" or something along those lines, and then at the final act of the game when the sinister guy is interrogating you in that same room, he asks if you remember what you said at that moment, and you can choose any option again, but it replays what you really said.

I thought that was neat

Shadow Broker DLC was fucking awesome, especially all the scenes on Illium.

I used to frequent the ME wiki and this was one huge joke when it first released. Everyone referenced how he pissed in vases and ate stranger's cereal every time he came up.

why couldn't they just make it so after the encounter with the geth in 3 you learn how to bypass reaper shields? giving you a fighting chance and war assets determine like, 1 of 5 endings, the higher the more people survive? easy fix.

this bugs me the most, the geth are a super AI that's been in contact with the reapers forever and a day, they should've had some real cool shit for you to use/take.

Fable 3 sucked but ME3 was just as much of a downgrade in most cases. I hate the meme that ME3 was good until the ending, there was so much bullshit and garbage design choices throughout the entire game that it boggles my mind anyone can consider that slog good.

Attached: 1434802152903.jpg (900x825, 197K)

>the last words in the Mass Effect trilogy are "downloadable content."

Attached: 1567548009034.png (770x1000, 282K)

What? If you played sometime after the game was released you wouldn't have got that message, they patched it out and replaced it with pick related.

Attached: End message.jpg (705x507, 74K)

Explain to someone who stopped buying bioware stuff past DA:origins why people were so surprised that the ending of mass effect 3 was such a disappointment?
Especially after that big fucking redflag dragon age 2 raised, seriously how can you be so naive?

Attached: 1566127441596.jpg (638x638, 45K)

I imagine the general perception was that DA2 was sacrificed to move resources to ME3 because they wanted to go all out on it.

Well Bioware spent the previous five years hyping up how all your decisions over the course of three games would come together into a unique ending. Most people took this as decisions would affect other decisions, and produce unique outcomes for the various characters and the galaxy at large. Instead, Bioware delivered three cookie cutter endings that completely altered the setting, ensuring no sequel would ever be made for the foreseeable future (Andromeda is set in a different galaxy for this reason).

Moreover, the original ending was a nonsensical hack job that left a lot of ambiguity. It was basically a cliff hanger at the end of a trilogy. Bioware later went back and added a slideshow epilogue to give more context but it didn't really change the fact that the endings themselves sucked.

This was mostly because after almost ten years of working on the franchise the best they could come up with was a deus ex machina with a pretentious ghost child talking down to you, which they later billed as too intellectual for stupid gamers to grasp.

Everything is fine...

Attached: 1565479672934.jpg (804x802, 85K)

I don't think it would have been as bad if it hadn't been a kid, but instead a proper reaper voice. The fact it was a child felt condescending as hell.

not him. I can't speak for how it compares to Mass Effect because I was never invested in it.

BUT FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU FOR BRINGING THAT UP, UOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. I WAS SO HYPED. I WAS SO HYPED FOR MY WEAPON THAT CHANGES WITH MY CHOICES. I WAS ROCK HARD. FUCK YOU.

This, i wrote off ME after ME2 was a dissapointing to me, the ME3 drama just made me feel smug about dodging the bullet.

They should make a prequel where you play as Shepard during the Skylian Blitz. Have you make some friends in your unit, then fight on Elysium, then kill them all on Akuze before making Torfan the last mission.

A major problem with Mass Effect right now is 2 things. 1. BioWare are fucking incompetent as hell right now. Any semblance of BioWare’s name equating to quality has been completely shattered in only one console generation.
2. Nobody gives a shit about what happens next for Mass Effect. The 3 Endings of 3 are so fundamentally different that they can’t make a sequel to 3 and nobody gives a fuck about Andromeda.

Honestly, they should just reboot the series. Start from square 1 and do things right.

I'm playing the game for the first time. It's combat is good but the gameplay isn't varied enough

>dropped the game on launch because of the absolutely disgusting scenes in the first hour involving that random child
>finally push through 7 years later and the rest of the game was actually pretty good

Attached: 1457076745217.jpg (540x361, 77K)