Name something that's more anti-fun than "survival" mechanics (eating, drinking, sleeping, item repair, etc)

Name something that's more anti-fun than "survival" mechanics (eating, drinking, sleeping, item repair, etc)

Attached: 1562870707357.jpg (1000x808, 307K)

>item management
>exploration
>enemies
You’re right OP, game mechanics are so difficult. I wish we could remove them all :(

>actual game mechanics vs tedious bullshit that's nothing but a chore to deal with

You're right, totally the same thing.

When they're shoehorned into a game that is balanced around action, breaking up the action to perform menial tasks is anti-fun.
But when they're implemented into a game where it's balanced around resource management and time management it can be an integral part of the gameplay.
Though I'm typically of the mind that you shouldn't ever be punished for ignoring it; only rewarded for utilizing it effectively.

The Witcher's potion system is a good example. You can ignore it, but if you take the time to dig deep into it you can make the game less difficult. The potion system has a lot of ways it can be implemented so it doesn't feel like a chore to the player who uses it. An example of how it could be implemented poorly is simply a flat "You do 50% less damage if you're not under the effects of a potion" debuff so the player will ultimately feel like it's a chore to make potions.

Attached: 1302048810147.png (642x715, 20K)

>stop liking things i dont like

>have fun playing game
>hunger bar is low
>have to stop whatever i'm doing and get food before i do anything else so that i won't die of hunger
>get done with that and go back to playing
wow so hard. those mechanics are just annoying and constantly ruin the flow of the game

It's really hard. I honestly thought I would have a blast but it's just the most boring shit ever. Never turning hardcore mode on again

I've got two words for you op you big fag
get good

>constantly ruin the flow of the game
If you're playing a survival game that IS the flow. You're SURVIVING. Have you considered that you might be playing a shit game?

walking sections

>Have you considered that you might be playing a shit game?
name one game that isn't shit

Weight and encumbrance.

Puzzle & Dragons.

>Filthy Niggerfrog poster who most likely ragequitted playing Cataclysm DDA
Seethe harder

Name something that gives away an incel more than frogposting.
PROTIP: You can't.

Tell me which game you've been playing

"We dont care if you conquered the challenge already, you dont have the required KEY/MISSILE/OBJECT/LEVEL/THING/VALUE/POINTS from grinding and leveling and farming and RNG-meddling. Go backtrack and come back again

Grinds my interest to a halt.
Fuck progression mechanics. Make that shit optional.

Attached: 1560205505427.png (499x366, 107K)

That's ironic because survival mechanics are often easy to deal with which is why they're tedious.

crafting and loot and levelling where enemies like 2-3 levels higher than you kill you in one hit and you take 100 hits to kill them

nigger protagonist

Gacha mechanics

>actual reply
>no (you)s
absolute state of post gg Yea Forumseddit, i seriously hope you guys dont do this

s@ for OP being faggot and low quality bait

They can be alright when done properly, which means not having to eat and drink every few minutes, increase the time on that stuff so it still becomes a thing you need to manage every once in a while but not MICRO-manage.

Attached: 1549629509230.jpg (576x768, 108K)

BATTLE ROYALE

Attached: 1546750627146.jpg (700x933, 257K)

It can be fun if done right. Just look at Minecraft. Sometimes it gives the game a fun challenge. Theres a reason collect-a-thon's were huge in the 90s

As with every game, a mechanic is good if it is properly supported by the rest of the game. If it feels like it's tacked on, it's objectively poorly done. Survival mechanics are fine in games like Don't Starve, but are completely unwanted garbage in games such as Minecraft.

Grinds that exist for no reason other than to keep you playing
Time gates

stop playing on easy

those tomb "challenges" in Anthem

>crafting
There is nothing fun about crafting. It makes loot obsolete and turns every game into a boring resource gatherer. The game becomes a job.

I miss Wilderness Survival in WC3.

>a frogposter is a casual
Serious question. Does this even come as a surprise?

Are you retarded?

The only thing I dislike over zealous item repair. Some survival and be fun and very satisfying when you reach that point you're "set" and don't have to worry about the daily struggle.

The only thing close to as bad as survival is TB combat.

survival mechanics are just usually more tedious than challenging

wojakposting and animeposting

>Posting Redditfrog after 2016.

Attached: 1567288860416.png (600x600, 45K)

>games with crafting and limited carry weight where you can't tell immediately whether an item is useless or not

Attached: 8791287389123.jpg (926x1200, 148K)

It's fun when you do it yourself rather than by pressing a button like most games

Attached: Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-grindstone.jpg (2560x1440, 602K)

Dragons dogma was one of the worst examples I've seen of that

>animeposting

Attached: 283737288.jpg (1024x576, 87K)

Out of combat stamina is Kafkaesque

>476884120
>anyone who doesn't like MUH DIK nigger-tier posting is a religious retard
good one coomer

Witcher 3 is the only game where it annoyed me enough to mod infinite carry weight.

Did I strike a nerve, animeposter?

You messed it up user, let me fix it for you

*tips fedora*

Imagine getting angry over Nip/Chink drawings

Attached: 7FB3ACA7-6406-4132-A936-C248F842F412.png (500x500, 13K)

Where do those filenames come from?

>gear management
>inventory management
>party management
>management of any kind
why am i not getting paid for doing this shit?

Mobile-posting

phone posters who are too lazy to even hide the fact that they are phone posting

never even heard of your indie hipster trash

Fuck that shit.

Name something lazier than picking pepe picture #465132568451 for your OP image.

>anti-fun
Is this a bad thing? You're not supposed to have fun in a survival horror.

I had plenty of fun in REmake and it was still spooky and intense. And just about any other survival horror i've played.

Seething

Attached: anime.jpg (913x1024, 203K)

Name something that's more anti-fun than "frogposters" fresh off of facebook, gaia online, ebaumsworld, etc. *dabs*

Attached: 1446845979650.jpg (897x445, 202K)

Attached: How to get angry animefag replies in one easy step.png (1956x2194, 912K)

>b-but the mods say
Anime posters confirmed to be at the same intellectual level as jannies HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah mods also advocate for twitter screencap threads and reddit

Attached: 1567140631236.png (561x333, 224K)

Congrats on the single most retarded post of the day.

Mods banned an anti gacha thread, but let the other 2 stay up. It really crumbles my nuts

Both are bad.

Attached: 1564403218089.jpg (574x81, 19K)

Mechanics that negate all incoming damage, give you a positional and frame advantage, and are also easy to preform

Survival elements could be good if they supplement the main gameplay loop. For instance, food provides buffs with rarer ingredients providing better buffs. Or maybe it's used as part of the game's economy balance, to prevent the player's income from becoming ridiculous and trivializing a market system they now gotta pay for food and bed. To be honest however, none of what I said matters because the thread has already been derailed into a frogposter vs anime argument.

Attached: 1556791347401.jpg (1200x675, 127K)

Some anons hate having anime mechanics in their games

What could user have possibly meant by this?

Yea Forums hiveminding extremely tedious games as "fun" and relentlessly insisting everything else is awful and that everything is awful and that nothing is good except being as subhuman as the shitposters are

Anime = bad

Attached: 004A345D-06AC-4B19-8270-F6876D4B4876.jpg (1006x1024, 167K)

It does feel weird to describe a game that's trying to scare you as "fun", but the gameplay mechanics on their own should be fun. The atmosphere, music, enemy design, etc. should just be what scares you and gives the "negative" aspect, not the gameplay.

Alright, what did that have to do with my post nigger?

Attached: 1562025725026.jpg (400x615, 33K)

Breakable weapons.

>Just look at Minecraft.
Okay

>sit in a shitty wooden box waiting for virtual grass to grow so you can punch it for seeds and watch virtual wheat grow, because health regen works only if you're 10-7/10 full and you can't explore shit
Wow, what a great fucking system. Hunger single handedly ruined minecraft, and is by far the least fun part of the game.

Bookworm Adventures Deluxe

Zoomy zoom zoom

Time limits

This to be honest. I've seen so many "hardcore" games that pride themselves on brutal game mechanics that are nothing but tedious bullshit. I remember there was game called "fear and hunger" that pretty much made the hunger system fucking repetitive as hell. The hunger bar drained so fast that you had to open your inventory every 2 minutes and eat food and then continue on. It didn't help the game fucking invalidated the whole hunger system as well by giving you more food than actual weapons or items.

You eat and drink in real life. Not in videogames. Unless food replenishes health or sleeping skips in game hours then no, they shouldn't be a part of the game.

Item degradation makes me sad because it reminds me of how all my shit's gonna break eventually IRL.

>Playing the last of us
>Bill "hear take this"
>Joel "whats this?"
>Bill "You'd be surpised how many cars still got gas in them"
>please no they've ruined the game

Thank god it came to nothing

Stamina bar, i sure do love getting out of breath after 3 seconds of sprint
Weapon degradation, who doesn't love liking a weapon and using it until it breaks in 5 swings or jams after 2 clips?

SJW crap.

Says who? If the gameplay evokes positive emotion and the story negative, then that''s the very definition of ludonarrative dissonance.

You're just misinterpreting what it means for it to be "fun" or "positive". Fun/positive in this regard can mean thrilling, intense, scary, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean happy and joyful. There's a big difference between negative feelings because the game is thrilling and intense vs negative feelings from the game being tedious, annoying, and poorly designed.

Posting a Pepe image like a newfag.

Only if you are a faggot.

I remember wanting more survival games when there was only a few of them. Now I just have the tag filtered.

who the fuck likes those things lmao

Games that force its message and viewpoints onto you.

Grinding in general, that's why mmos are shit
Durrrrr you have to help to get the next quest!
>Go murder x700 green slimes

Player 2

Attached: 1557778808115.png (515x828, 329K)