What a crazy lineup. Now that homerun contest is in, this really is the definitive smash bros...

What a crazy lineup. Now that homerun contest is in, this really is the definitive smash bros. What other content updates would you like to see?

Attached: IMG_20190905_071323.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1169445761878118401/pu/vid/1280x720/Q3byfFX4pHWAT5--.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just want a co op Boss Rush mode. I don't even care if we don't get any new bosses.

I still need break the targets.

melee adventure
subspace tier adventure
smash run

no matter how much this game jerks off meme lords melee will always have the better gameplay

>melee
>better gameplay

Attached: 1560097488809.png (398x376, 189K)

>boss rush
>skin editor

Attached: 1554854054653.jpg (422x270, 45K)

I was kinda hoping for a proper boss rush mode. Yeah, there's kind of one at the end of WoL, but you have to play through the scrolling segments, it's missing the hands, and it plays the same song the whole time through. Plus, it'd be an excuse to bring back Porky and Duon as bosses. Dunno if they'd bring back Rayquaza and Petey though, seeing as how their a stage hazard and a fs now.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love to see a suped up version of Smash Run with even more enemies. Imagine if they added angels from Bayo, or the Mad Gear thugs from FF, or hell, enemies from Castlevania. Still, I'm definitely not holding my breath for that one, I imagine that'd take a lot of work. Didn't they say Home Run was the last new mode?

Holy carp is that Sans from Undertale????

Why bother discussing it when Sakurai specifically stated that HRC is the last mode they're putting in?

Collecting trophies was a fun side diversion for Melee. That gave the game legs singleplayer wise.

I really wanted to see Break the Target back, also a adventure mode for the miis

video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1169445761878118401/pu/vid/1280x720/Q3byfFX4pHWAT5--.mp4

Oh...

Except ultimate is the first to actually beat it. Melee feels like shit actually go back and play it.

Attached: 1567004549019.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Assuming we get another year of fighters, it's doubtful there wouldn't be some more additions. Even if it's nothing big like an entirely new mode.

Still needs Break the Targets to be definitive.

i want alts to actually load when i'm picking a color

Modes take a lot more effort to make than fighters and stages, especially ones that require a ton of new assets like Break the Targets and Board the Platforms. And since there's a boss rush in World of Light they're not going to make a separate boss rush mode.

Skin editor seems like a natural inclusion but for some reason they're adamant about not displaying certain characters in certain colors. Pacman has to be yellow, sonic has to be blue .ect

why the fuck haven't they fixed this yet

Yeah. That's really annoying. That needs to get fixed.

This is gonna sound stupid since they already ditched the concept during the final direct, but what if they brought back trophies, but in a smaller way?

I was thinking, what if they just added trophies for the fighters, the stages, and the ATs, but they were re-worked to be much harder to collect? Like, they'd be locked behind much harder challenges compared to most of the spirits. That's what I always liked about Melee and Brawl, trying to get those really hard to get challenges. It seems like it'd be much more manageable development wise, with around 75 fighters, 108 stages, and 27 ATs, compared to Brawl's 500 or so total trophies.

Hot take modes and trophies are gay as fuck. Play the fucking game.

Yes, that is stupid. We don't need trophies anymore.

>modes are gay
>t. lilzoom69

As a kid I played it once, went "eh, this sucks" and went back to playing.

I'd take the time and effort required to make another echo fighter over trophies every time.

ALL
STAR
MODE

And maybe Break the Targets.

Yes, shitty modes that you play once and never touch again are gay. Don't lie to me and pretend like you played smash run and board game mode more than once.

This, I only ever play home run contest for the unlockables. Once I beat the challenges, I never touched it again.

I don't know why dipshits were whining for it.

Home run contest as a final "thank you" mode is fucking insulting. There's no excuse for it not to have been in the base game. And everything else they added were gutted or half assed.

Smash Run was legitimately great. The board game was actual dogshit, I completely agree with you on that one.

>unable to return to Earth, eventually Sandbag stopped thinking

>smash run bad
Opinion discarded lmao

Break the targets, custom moves, and smash run

It's not definitive until we get smash run back

>zero options to change time or even what kind of match you have at the end

It's irredeemable garbage kys

>melee
>play as fox
>glitch to win
>better then ultimate

BASED REVERSE WARLOCK PUNCH

Not guy, but I honestly wasn’t a big fan of Smash. The fact that it was so short and that there was only one map just made it feel hollow. I also didn’t really care about unlocking custom moves, so there wasn’t incentive for me to play it that much.

Give back break the targets, but as a level editor mode. It's too much work to create all the stages for all 70+ characters, but with a level editor for it you'll quickly get good BtT levels made by smash autists.

Why does melee trigger casuals this much? Having sans or whatever meme character in your game doesn't magically give it better gameplay than the best fighting game ever made.

Attached: 1447886778367.webm (592x506, 652K)

Didn't Sakurai said that homerun was the last mode it was gonna be added?

I don't even know what video games are anymore.

Attached: EDvK3YaU8AADK9D.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

>melee
>fighting game

Attached: 1567640102125.jpg (680x680, 72K)

In case of Sonic and Pac-Man it's probably mandates from their respective companies.

Dang o' Hank man

THIS!!!

>oh jeez I press so many buttons look how good this game is
A game isn't good just because you hit as many buttons as ddr player
Neck yourself

I'd like more skins/echos, more adventure stuff(Smash Run was neat) and more textures and options in stage editor

What a thrill

>talking about new game, no one mentions old game
>"NEW GAME BAD WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS OLD"
>"no"
>"WHY SO TRIGGERED?"

>no one mentions old game
OP said it's "the definitive smash bros", implying it's better than Melee. Good luck curing your illiteracy.

Attached: 1480903859940.jpg (461x417, 32K)

this is literally all i need to see
it wouldn't even take that much new work.

nude outfit for palutena

Why do Melee fanatics always get so upset when they think their stinky game is being even slightly no-worshiped?

Smash Run, why the hell is the best game mod restricted to the worst version of Smash?

There should be stink lines around that pepe

break the targets like other anons have said, and jill valentine would make this the ultimate smash game for me.

Well it seems we aren't getting any new modes, so all I'm really hoping for now is an update to reorganize the CSS by series. At the very least, there are kind of sort of workarounds for target test and boss rush. I miss coin battle though.

>Game fast that mean good

You really are this retarded aren't you?

Attached: IMG_20190826_103933.jpg (500x500, 28K)

elitism

Which I don't understand considering most melee pros are now playing ultimate along with brawl and Sm4sh players

>organizing the CSS

PLEASE, my autism gives me a fucking stroke when I see Plant all the way at the bottom surrounded by completely unrelated characters

>autistically press buttons faster = objectively better game
by that logic fucking Guitar Hero should've been at EVO

The best fighting game of all time is MVC3. Are you okay user?

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 61K)

I want a 'classic' classic mode. Just a gauntlet of progressively harder battles woth some special battles (multiman, giant, metal).

Melee style adventure or Subspace.

I don't really want a skin editor so much as I just want Nintendo to offer costumes for characters other than the fucking Miis

Fucking breaks my heart that I can't play with what might actually be Ganon's best look

Attached: Ganondorf_(Hyrule_Warriors).png (421x655, 351K)

I'm still disappointed we didn't get Smash Run back

stinky melee player cope

I would do anything for a wind waker phantom ganon skin

Attached: download.png (273x185, 13K)

Yes Boss Rush I fucking forgot I wanted that.

>Smash
>fighting game

Attached: 1555326535558.png (474x711, 90K)

Skin editor for first party characters only then. Soul Calibur did this with literally every game.

ID?

but I want to do boss rush with a friend

A bigger Melee-like adventure with smart costum-battles.

Include mobs from every video game universe, don't make another subspace emissary with badly designed original characters.

Also:
- Crash Bandicoot
- Sora

It's on the most popular screen, but the ID is 20PQ3PX1

>Smash
>fighting game

Attached: 1567634779357.png (900x818, 470K)

So we can agree that banjos alts are
1: Original
2: Mumbo
3: Bottles
4: Tooty
5: Boggy
6: Humba
7: Trophy Thomas
8: Grunty

Since smash involves characters that cna get very small, readability is a big deal. Not sure I want smash to turn into tf2.

>all these autists wanting single player one and done modes added, along with useless trophies
>not one mention of the actual problems of online mode
at this point i''d literally take a copy paste of smash 4s online and consider it an improvement

>A nintendo game exists where mario fights banjo, an SMT twink called Joker and the latest hot new meme sans undertale
What a world

>custom alt costumes
>board the platforms
>break the targets
>masterpieces

Attached: 1567715034841.png (189x262, 67K)

Let’s take it a step higher

Attached: 7A55AAC0-A62D-48D3-94C1-ED63AD2FAB97.jpg (3286x2426, 1.22M)

if there was a story mode featuring all the fighters all the fighters including dlc i’d consider the game perfect, but that’ll most likely never happen

>Trophy Thomas
Wow, I didn’t expect anyone to remember him

I'd prefer Board the Platforms

>it requires more autism to play so it's better
Take a shower

Attached: bear and bird.gif (360x360, 748K)

>No Break the Targets
>No Smash Run
>No Master/Crazy Orders
>No true All Star

Yeah, it's so ultimate.

Yeah. That'd be really great. When they finish a fighter pass, it'd be nice if we got a little fighter island or something in the campaign.

>this is fast for smash babbies
lol

Anyone else wishing for more spirits? They can't be THAT hard to code in.

Most of those modes aren't really feasible at this point anyways.

Like obviously Break the Targets will never happen again as it was in 64 and Melee due to their being an assload of characters now, so whatever. Likewise with All-Star Mode, it'd be a total pain in the ass to go through with an 80+ cast.

And Smash Run only really existed because it was on a shitty SD handheld, so it let the developers steal assets from other Wii/3DS games to fill up the enemy lineup. Ever wonder why there's so many enemies from Kid Icarus? Why, that's because Sakurai and his team could conviently port over the models from Uprising free of charge considering it's his game. On an HD system, you can't get away with that and thus you'd have to go and recreate every enemy from scratch, and it probably wasn't feasible or worth the effort.

Attached: waluigishrug.jpg (766x473, 228K)

They could add coop to spirit mode, itd be dope

Yeah but that's why I play both.

It already has coop, user.

Unless you mean WoL.

Smash Run, but with an online mode where you can run into other players on the map.

I just want a boss rush without going through WoL and has the hands too.I don't even need any new bosses.

Also, CSS by series would be nice.

I don't know if you care, but it's actually etc and not ect. It's from the word etc-etera.

Precisely i mean WoL

An update with Birdo in it

Attached: birdo1.png (580x928, 199K)

same smash run is better then stupid world of light

>zero options to change time or even what kind of match you have at the end
Really, that the’s dealbreaker for you? They could add that in if they bring it back.

>what a crazy lineup
>meme bear
KYS

This and a more traditional arcade/classic route, I like how they styled each characters classic to be structured around them but it makes them pretty boring to replay, something more random would be fun

Damn you must smell 2 times worse than the regular smash player

I just wish there was a fun, replayable adventure mode like Melee's.