Grand Strategy

How can Tunis this small get alliance with the Ottomans? Does the AI cheat?
I have no way to expand anymore except downward into desert.

Attached: eu4_253.png (1600x900, 2.12M)

bump.
I don't think expand into Ethiopia alone would make me strong enough to fight the Ottomans and their allies. What should I do?

please help, I'm not good at the game.

Anyone?

Attached: 1515721601330.png (196x183, 48K)

Tunis tends to ally Ottos all the time

Yeah but they shouldn't be able to ally them when they are that small and Ottomans that big.

the AI does not cheat but it is biased against the player.
In exchange you have a brain and can stop time.
There is nothing preventing the AI from allying a small power. That's just not a mechanic. Happens all the time.
Try expanding into Najd & Yemen.
Or get some allies and build up internally. You should be able to improve development well in Egypt. Then wait for the Ottomans to get involved in a vicious war and strike while the iron is hot.
Be sure your mil tech is comparable or better and get some Mil ideas to improve discipline and morale. be sure to have either a discipline or moral boosting advisor during the war itself.

You can win with your set up but you have to be patient.

Attached: EU4 Burgundian Succession Crisis.png (2014x1968, 741K)

This isn't Stellaris lol, you don't have to have a fair start. Some countries are just fucked.

they absolutely should be able to ally them.
Ottomans probably have around 4 diplo spots.
They arn't going to ally any european christians.
Timurids are probably rivaled.
Crimea is probably a vassal at this point. Maybe one of the islamic caucusus states will be an ally.
So the AI has two slots left and sees a giant christian kingdom directly to it's south. So it ally's Tunis, an islamic kingdom that prevents your expansion all while still leaving a diplomatic relation slot open. It's a perfectly reasonable move for the AI to make.

>4 diplo spots
Look at the map again, they have 6 allies.

The Ottoshits didn't get Crimea? Just no-CB them and go fuck Kazan and Ryazan which still exists for some reason.

>They arn't going to ally any european christians.
For the first few years, then they ally the strongest european nation.

Attached: 1496814376731.png (449x442, 151K)

just ally his rivals and go to war when you can call them in, until then go into africa

Tunis always allies Ottoman.

>allying the turk as bohemia to take out Austria and Poland

Attached: 1564010193796.jpg (260x273, 61K)

could be worse

Attached: ottomans.jpg (480x360, 50K)

>not taking out a bunch of loans and then going apeshit on the ottomans
Never gonna make it

lol

pay no attention to that post. i'm retarded.

Attached: 1516763790627.png (640x734, 296K)

4 diplo spots that don't incur a penalty
you can ally as many people as you want, but if you ally another nation above your limit you get hit with a -1 diplomatic power penalty for each ally above the limit
the ottomans likely can spare the points, being the most powerful nation on earth

His rivals are Ming Poland and France. Ming is out of question, Poland and France are currently shit their beds with rebels right now. Guess I'll go take the 2 gold mine in Ethiopia.