Guys I had the weirdest dream last night that Deadly Premonition 2 was announced

guys I had the weirdest dream last night that Deadly Premonition 2 was announced.

Attached: 1362646-dp_sandwich5.png (640x359, 322K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wbDmYQiQ3j8
youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ&ab_channel=Oh,TheShitItComeOutOfMyAss
youtu.be/A9jRNkvuza0
youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8
youtube.com/watch?v=B23FBOEUrF4
youtu.be/EbbhwO7pRHA
youtu.be/B23FBOEUrF4
youtube.com/watch?v=Rxe87J-kp1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F K

IN THE COFFEE

CLEAR AS A CRISP SPRING MORNING

No Zach, we're really going home.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

That's beautiful.

Life is beautiful.

Attached: Deadly Premonition Fishing.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

I watched giantbomb play this.

the UI in this game always makes me laugh

it's so absurd

I liked the weird-ass pause menu.

Attached: dog map.png (600x213, 186K)

the screenshots I've seen of DP2 look like absolute ass
and I'm so glad

Same, glad that flawed soul is intact

This should be called Mighty No. 10. SWERY is Zoe Quinn and Leigh Alexander's crony and you've been warned.

can you translate this statement from buzzwordese into english please

DP2 was actually the only thing that really floored me in yesterday's Direct. But boy, did it hit hard.
Unfortunately the Switch port of DP1 seems to be all kinds of ass, even moreso than usual for any version of Deadly Premonition. Will wait for a sale or a patch before triple dipping.

>Kaysen shows up in every Swery game
Will this one break the mold? Or will he seek unholy revenge?

Attached: 1474751874153.jpg (306x306, 66K)

They're gonna bring back and give closure to my man David Young, aren't they? D:

Attached: d4.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

he will probably be in the red room fucking with york's head

The writer of Deadly premonition is a massive social justice warrior

Attached: 1567641117376.png (956x910, 1.3M)

zoomer cunt

hes weird always.

Luckily he's also an unmedicated schizophrenic so everything he writes is unintentionally comedic gold

Why is this so true? Fuck I'm hyped

I FUCKING KNEW IT
I swear the first thing I thought when seeing that scene was "wait a minute is that David's apartment?"
HE COMING BACK BOYS

Attached: 2684409-d4-11-png.png (1920x1080, 2.73M)

Attached: swery 2.png (878x224, 41K)

>davis
>david
Swery wouldn't make him a tranny, would he?

I don't like the new art style. I liked how everything about the original looked like a Dreamcast game that was released a decade too late.

wasn't his last game about trannies, or some shit?

Attached: latest.jpg (681x757, 122K)

Attached: 1567652810077.png (691x403, 344K)

Friendly reminder that the sinner's sandwich actually tastes pretty good.

That is a given since my boy York likes it.

soon

Attached: 1567637014337.jpg (1703x766, 399K)

Just making sure anons try it out. Hadn't done it myself until right this moment since I usually don't have jam at home.

>this gets announced completely surprised and floored
>can actually feel tears form in my eyes for once
I didn't even know I could feel anymore

Now all I need is Alan Wake 2 that has crossover from control and Quantum break.

SO HERE I AM

>GOTY gets 50 sec trailer announced by some cockmouth

Attached: JPEG_20190409_120309.png (328x328, 147K)

I hope it doesn't end up being a cinematic experience.

>GOTY gets made at all
Don't be greedy user

I want him back bros...
youtu.be/wbDmYQiQ3j8

Attached: David Young.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

its irritating that the game was never finished. This is why I hate episodic crap because it wont be finished unless its popular. Fucking Microsoft should of just funded it and taken the loss. Better to take a small loss and have some diverse content on your platform.

>we find David's abandoned apartment
Well that makes me sad.

Attached: Dark Dreams Don't Die.jpg (1200x666, 147K)

I'm so happy, but I still can't fucking believe it got a spot in a Nintendo Direct of all things. Like someone at Nintendo thought this janky-ass niche hot mess of a game was worth a whole 2 minutes.

Attached: EDqH4-nU0AE7tpA.jpg (360x203, 10K)

Since it looks like they're keeping combat sections I really hope 2 has more enemy variety than tons of notZombies with the rare notSadako.

Attached: five million hours in photoshop.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Tagline and Final smash?

it looks like it's bordering on D4 artstyle

I quit buying episodic games after Blues and Bullets which also got canned after two episodes.

Attached: 2912416-0002[1].jpg (1920x1080, 446K)

say what you will about S3, but this was so out of touch it was honestly stunning

I had a stranger dream: that Deadly Premonition was a good game.

That wasn't a dream.

In what sense?

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

Well how about that.

Attached: FK in the clam chowda.jpg (433x428, 37K)

is it confirmed swery is involved?
is it getting a non-switch release?

Imagine the game without combat sections. Pure kino.

Holy shit the Dalmatian was a Nazi all along. No wonder it was evil

>is it confirmed swery is involved?
He's confirmed writer/director.
>is it getting a non-switch release?
It's a Switch launch exclusive. I imagine it will come to other systems eventually, but it could be a long wait like the Director's Cut.

The game just wouldn't be the same without the sudden Akuma and blueberry boss fights.

Me too dude
Wired

it's a returning character though

Tfw SPOILER Morgan is the actual imagined friend

Attached: e24.png (295x300, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ&ab_channel=Oh,TheShitItComeOutOfMyAss

I'm so confused about the whole Zach + York shit at this point.
I didn't get it by the end of Deadly P and seeing him named York in 2 is even more fucked

Attached: 92d24916ad833e223dba779fb6334c47.jpg (600x575, 46K)

Anyone here actually did many of the side missions? I hate looking shit up in games like this so I didnt do many but I got the sport car since that one was basic enough. Never got the radio though so I couldnt teleport. Read afterwards that was an option. I think I missed that one for some reason.

Attached: 1563840285110.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Thanks Abe, now apologise for all the other version too you motherfucker.

Attached: 235235235.jpg (589x483, 68K)

Did them all. Deadly Premonition is one of the handful of games I took the time to Platinum.

I’m pretty sure what we’ve seen of York in 2 takes place before the first game.

I was hearing that the port was actually the best running version of the game, what happened?

It has a bug that can leave you with no audio.

>tfw japs do eurojank better than yuros

Attached: 1566294207029.png (557x663, 335K)

How is Deadly Premonition eurojank?

Yeah you know the- one thing I should- exsneed me for one second.

Shit basically causes all the dialogue and sounds to randomly cut out. It's a 'reload your save and it fixes itself' problem, but not one that should be in a game nonetheless.

This game is pratically fucking cursed to never ever have a decent port at this point. I wonder if the engine is ancient or if the code is spaggethi as fuck to justify the billion fuckups related to the ports.

My bet is on spaghetti as fuck. Just look at the audio mixing in the older versions. Just look at the game itself from its very conception to release
It's all fucked man

Considering Deadly Premonition is the definition of a quirky, janky japanese game that sells itself on its story, style and charm over gameplay and technical factors, i'm willing to guess it's spaghetti code.

youtu.be/A9jRNkvuza0
>COMING TO NINTENDO SWITCH ONLY

Info from the Nintendo's jap site for those who haven't seen it:

>Although the story of Deadly Premonition 2 is set nine years after the original game, this sequel actually takes on the form of a “pre-sequel” as players will jump into the memories of 2005 as told by the protagonist to relive the “incident five years before the Greenvale incident of the previous game.” As young FBI investigator Francis York Morgan, players will visit the peaceful rural town of Le Carre, New Orleans to investigate a strange serial murders case.

>Deadly Premonition 2 features two heroines. Alija Davis is a young and passionate FBI investigator who interrogates the protagonist in 2019, while Patricia is a 10 year-old girl and daughter of the police sheriff in the world of 2005. A mature girl, she plays the role of Watson and follows York around the open world.

>As it would turn out, the 2005 case that was seemingly resolved will gradually drag the 2019 protagonist and two heroines into madness.

>The 2019 part of the story begins in Boston. During these parts, the player takes on the role of Aliya, interrogating a “former” gifted FBI investigator shrouded in mystery. By interrogating him and acquiring key information, the story will shift to 2005. During the interrogation, you must break through the walls of the man’s heart and get his testimony by showing evidence and making observations about things in his room.

>starts in Boston interrogating a "former" gifted FBI investigator in what looks to be David's old home
shit SWERY really is tying D4 and DP into one larger narrative aren't they

Stealth D4 sequel fucking confirmed

Swery watched too much True Detective this time.

It's real and David is going to be in it as well
youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

Attached: d4.jpg (460x215, 43K)

>game is a flash back
>main character is asking about york
>in boston
>litterally in the apartment of David
>investigators last name is D
>guy being questioned is David

Attached: apartment.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

The York side of the game is set before Deadly Premonition
The nigger lady side of the game is set in present time

He kind of looks like August Oldmann but with a huge forehead. Young=Oldmann

Attached: 252525.jpg (862x746, 107K)

I need more Olivia in my life, please Swery.

Attached: 2556929-7170090756-rxoMB.jpg (447x640, 77K)

he looks like david's dad

Attached: da0kebd-790281b8-067c-4af8-bb0b-f7d71f01b359.jpg (4000x2875, 562K)

its textbook eurojank.

I don't know what he's getting at Zach...he keeps mentioning a "D". Seems to me like the only "D" he's ever found was on his tests in school.
It's strange though, what's the connection between this eponymous "D" and these murders? I think we might be in over our heads Zach

Wasn't he Little Peggy's dad?

>York/Zach are back
>possibly David
Ok but what about the best character?

Attached: oh my god kaysen.gif (480x270, 2.65M)

Sooo, was she David's daughter, or Little Peggy from another timeline or what?

Attached: dark dreams do not die.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

On one hand i'm happy it exist and many people will enjoy the game.
On the other hand i don't have a switch and won't be able to play the game at all.
So its still a shitty day for me.

Attached: 1485763412898.jpg (480x1042, 27K)

Hmm a "D" in the coffee. Seems like this case is just full of "D"s huh Zach

If this makes sense, D4 feels like the memory of deadly premonition instead of the reality of the game deadly premonition.

It feels like its distilled "that moments" from DP.

I don't believe it has been confirmed exclusive.

>both David and York internally monologue about the other
>pans out and the room is just silent as they internally monologue

So I take it this will have nothing to do with red tree bullshit? I suppose it makes sense for York to be a veteran in dealing with the paranormal, seeing how he didn't seem to give a single fuck about the things happening in the first game. That and his trust towards prophetic cofee.

From what I've read about this thread, is this shaping up to be a Sweryverse kind of game? Kind of like Travis Strikes Back? Do I need to request a chart to get up to speed like with the sudaverse?

Attached: 1533012671168.jpg (817x818, 358K)

It's been confirmed to be developed for the Switch first, and then it "might" get ported to other systems if they are funded to do so.

>So I take it this will have nothing to do with red tree bullshit?

that seems like it was a case exclusive to the first game, and not an overarching plotline.

but considering this is a flashback, its very likely they're referencing something important with his involvement in an investigation. So if the town is the same in the sequel its likely about the red tree bullshit.

Attached: 1421276809865.gif (500x281, 982K)

Deer hunting is great. They can be erotic creatures. Those black eyes, firm hips and slender legs.

Attached: George.png (252x243, 67K)

Shut up George, just get your theme song started already.

why did he turn into Oni from Street Fighter in his boss fight?

Did George post the famous Deerfucker post on /k/

See
Can’t confirm much more than putting ONLY in big capital letters

Cause he's blessed.

Post it

Can someone explain what the first game is? I've been think about buying it on Switch and I just can't quite understand the genre.

Attached: 58381d2271061479972766cb242b0c84be5438405770899d1af7feca9bc4df0f.jpg (1080x1350, 138K)

well shoot, I hate exclusives but I might buy a switch.

It's a murder mystery with supernatural elements. Has some basic combat, point and shoot at enemies. Decent sized, open world town to run around in while you try to catch a serial killer.

It's a bit clunky, but still fun imo.

A game that was originally intended not to have combat. Third person shooting while walking around Resi style picking up items. Driving around while the protagonist talks to you about movie trivia. Everything is jank. It's mostly about the crazy attention to detail and great story. You can grow a beard and sleep underneath covers

Gta mixed with silent hill.
but with euro jank.

It's a pile of shit and the only good bad game ever made. It defies all odds.

I'm FBI special agent Francis York Morgan but just call me York, everyone does

It’s split between two segments, the “normal world” detective parts and the “nightmare world” parts. The “normal world” parts are like Shenmue with a Twin Peaks vibe. The “nigtmare world” parts play like a goofy low budget Resident Evil 4.

Okay Francis Zach Morgan

Should I play the first game? I got it on Steam years ago via HB, but I heard soon after that the port is kinda bad. I'm also not even sure what kind of game it is.

Right, York, just like that.
Please ignore my disgusting revolting scarred face.

DoN't WaNt To DiIiIeEeEe

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (400x280, 95K)

Is this the Twin Peaks ripoff ? I love Twin Peaks, is this worth playing ?

Hmm some strange things going on in this town, Zach.

Look at these replies
Yes. You should. It's god awful and perfect

all version of the game are jank but the PC version is actually non functional for a lot of people

You should play it, but be warned that you have to cross your fingers and hope that the glue holding the PC port together actually holds long enough for you to play it without crashing every ten minutes.

Did you see that Zach? Clear as a crisp spring morning!

yes

I understand that everyone was physically seeing Zach and addressing him as Zach, with the huge scar and the white hair. But when York was monologuing to Zach, what name was he saying out loud? What name was Kaysen saying?

Reversed I assume seeing as the second he reverts back to Zach everybody immediately starts caling him such. Keep in mind that's actually just a theory though there could be some weird bullshit explanation for it in 2

>sleep underneath covers

Attached: 604.gif (360x270, 2.29M)

For those of you curious, this is what you are in for by playing this game.

youtube.com/watch?v=B23FBOEUrF4

Attached: table.jpg (500x272, 46K)

Thanks bros, I'll buy it. Heard the port has audio problems, is it true?

Attached: 0FE.jpg (1080x1296, 103K)

Looks like a telltale game

Every fucking version of the game has audio problems. Think the switch one fixes it not sure but the rest all have fucked mixing. Gunshots are incredibly loud and you can't hear voices over half the music (which somehow makes it all 10x funnier)

[whistling intensifies]

Disregard this I'm a retard. Switch port has audio issues where it cuts out entirely unless you save and reload. Patch incoming to fix it

There’s a chance that the voices and sound effects will completely cut out, but reloading your save fixes it. It’s majorly annoying, but not quite gamebreaking and they are working on a patch.

It's not like publishers put any real money into Switch games anyways, so that only works in DP2's favor. My only worry is they'll utilize something like Unity to build the game in.

>characters start to talk louder as if to talk over the whistling
>whistling just gets louder seemingly
I love DP. I haven't been excited since the release of D4.
I'm still sad about D4. I wonder who D really was

I love when Asian game devs tweet in basic English

youtu.be/EbbhwO7pRHA

Did they get York's old voice actor back? I thought he sounded different, but that might be my imagination.

>I wonder who D really was

Attached: aristotle.jpg (100x100, 10K)

DP is The Room of vidya except not nearly as well known and/or appreciated

>switch game
it gonna come out for everybody, just switch exclusive at launch

>Supernatural horror murder mystery.
>Defeat the final villain by shooting the cute little doll version of himself he hides in his pocket.

Attached: 1380691867395.png (256x256, 14K)

>season 1 ends on a cliffhanger
>never get another season
>get released on PC
>still only one season

deadly prem is such a shitty game with interesting parts

its a toss up on how i feel about it
it could have been so much more.. but its pretty boring at some parts

Doesn't it also play super loud in the scene where the hotel owner is talking about being hard of hearing?

Some games are so bad they’re good. Deadly Premonition is so bad, it’s perfect.

>could never get pc version to work properly
>don't have an xbawx so I had to deal with the extremely shitty PS3 version
If I knew there was a Switch version coming AND the second game as an exclusive I would never have bothered with the PS3 version.
Fuck that shit, The Room is an absolutely dreadful movie to watch and the only fun you can have with it is by watching someone else's commentary on it with short clippings of the best scenes. Deadly Premonition had a lot of legitimately cool ideas and plot points, it was just held back by technicalities.

I hope he’s still voiced by Seaman, he was largely responsible for the first game being so great.

Attached: 40C6FB69-BF58-4B88-B30C-B4D34C8D34CE.jpg (1200x800, 49K)

Main audio problem I had on PC was where the volume of everything was fucked at random on some building interiors. For example, I would hear an NPC walking down an unrelated hallway in the back of the location and their footsteps would be as if they were under my character.

youtu.be/B23FBOEUrF4

I’ve never liked that assessment. Deadly Premonition may be a failure on a technical level, but it did a lot of other things right and a lot of the thing people write off as “so bad they’re good” we’re very self aware of what they were doing.

Kentucky Route Zero STILL hasn't had its final episode release right?

It's still getting the budget of a Switch game either case since it's the target platform.

York wasn't voiced by Nimoy, and Nimoy will never come back because he's dead

I'm half expecting DP2 to insert him into the game under an assumed name and 'wrap up' some ideas he may have had for Episode 2/3 into DP2.

Deadly Premonitions Don't Die

Nimoy was just the narrator. York’s voice actor was Seaman.

SWERY PLS

Attached: 1567646148308.gif (246x270, 1.65M)

hey there were those giant dogs that fell from the sky in that one section

Attached: Wonderful thumbs up.gif (500x247, 856K)

The "so bad it's good" budget stuff adds a surface level charm. Things like the monkey stock sound effects for the squirrels, the framerate in certain areas, the pickles, agent honor in the background of cutscenes, etc. But that only takes you so far, and underneath the surface charm is a huge depth of legitimately great direction, writing, and immersion. It's almost like York himself in a way, where initially it seems like he's a regular protagonist and the voice acting is bad/stilted, when in reality York is a huge weirdo and the voice actor is portraying him perfectly.

is Willie going to be in this one?

York's characterization is flawless. He honest to God feels like a real person and I can't think of any other vidya character like him.

Same. The Room is garbage with no redeeming factors as a piece of cinema. Deadly Premonition is jank, but it works as a game, and the gameplay really isn't that bad - it was just archaic for the generation. Mediocre gameplay with exceptional charm and writing is what makes it great.

Le so bad it’s good for reddit game

>le Yea Forumseddit thread-specific contrarianism

>even moreso than usual
How so? I've only heard of audio bugs.

Why do I have the unshakeable feeling that the Switch port isn't going to get properly fixed. And if it even gets halfway there, it's not going to be for way too long.

We need more Japanese game directors that just blatantly rip off whatever American series they like.
DP2 better be because Swery watched True Detective or something.
Where's my Japanese X Files ripoff game

We know the Boston section takes place in 2019. Do we know what year D4 happens In?

My niggers. I was wasted and had to improvise so I used refrigerated shredded rotisserie chicken, off brand bran flakes, and raspberry jam. Was good would recommend.

Will have to try the original one day for the PURE York experience.

Attached: Reff Thumbs up.gif (500x390, 1.92M)

Should I watch Twin Peaks?

The first season is kino, the second season sucks

>It's still getting the budget of a Switch game
Which is double the budget of the original.

Probably like 2017 if David's apartment is anything to go by

Casually flipping through channels and saw Twin Peaks, gave it a try because of Deadly Premonition actually. Just 30 seconds straight of these people at a diner booth saying "fuck" every other word.

Yes. All of it except the international pilot, start to finish, in release order.

Attached: af2db61df11c18792f1ad3858ca47d1d.jpg (584x822, 76K)

Why do people shit so much on Deadly Promotion's combat? It's just clunky RE.

Every second of every episode. Even the filler.

Attached: 1564917117120.jpg (440x440, 77K)

The mechanics function fine for the most part. It's just really repetitive and the copy-pasta level design doesn't help.

>enter room
>red vines grow
>shoot 5-10 enemies to death
>repeat

Those fucking mini-boss enemies that crawl on the ceiling are absolute bullet sponge cancer though.

I thought that the loud music was on purpose because of scenes like breakfast with the old lady.

August was Peggy's adoptive father
Running Theory in D4 was that August is David that travelled back into the past and didn't return to his present.

>The first time one of the zombies caught on fire.
One of the few things that has ever actually managed to scare me in a vidya.

Attached: 1369359427759.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

even with some of the better weapons the combat is a pain
>finally get the RPG
>aw yeah who wants some?
>first enemy i target does that shimmer warp thing right as i shoot
>kills me too

desu I’ve only played the Director’s Cut where every enemy dies in like two hits so I can’t say I ever died while playing the game

Did the RPG even deal damage to you? I remember getting knocked back but I'm unsure of whether I received friendly fire.
IMO for notSadako I think the flamethrower works well enough.

I just got the infinite machine gun and it carried me through the entire game.

>Did the RPG even deal damage to you?
oh yeah
>IMO for notSadako I think the flamethrower works well enough.
yeah i realized that way too late in the game

>not comboing everything with the Infiniwrench

>Not the infinite guitar

plebs

Attached: download.jpg (1024x640, 16K)

this man gets it. that guitar made all those shitty box puzzles worth it.

OH MY FUCK.

You get this after getting all the trading cards though sadly. By that time game is over.

>random collectible floating in the background of the cut-scene

Attached: RG0BS1U.gif (390x205, 1.98M)

>not returning your bro his guitar ASAP

gd panda bear really held out on us

>tfw the infinite magnum is permanently missable

Attached: hdjla3p7d7601.jpg (609x570, 29K)

Do you guys think the skateboarding will just be transportation or will we get a janky broken Tony Hawk knockoff where the FBI gives us bonuses for landing sick tricks?

>get infinite shotgun
>it's utter trash
It hurts to live.

user everyone knows it will be the latter

>posts worst girl
>hates the international pilot which is the best thing about the whole series

i bet you also hate earle : the ultimate pleb filter my dear

Attached: annie.jpg (500x375, 53K)

Maybe wait for the audio bugs to get patched first

>Running Theory
There's pretty damming evidence like Oldmann having a broken watch as well and the hair bangs covering the spot where Young's scar would be.

However I find interesting that in the section where David interacts with child Peggy she says [...] my two wonderful dads", would that imply they coexisted at some point in time?

I'll be pissed now if we don't get extra cash on our pay slips for landing sick tricks.

I got a question for people who played the original. I just downloaded the switch port a few hours ago. I've heard the game's supposed to be a bit janky, but...
>York's hair sometimes looking like JUST incarnate
>His eyes turning black during some cutscenes
>Characters talking faster than the subtitles
>Absolutely no sound except for music while driving, yet somehow the framerate tanks to sub 10 fps
That's not normal, is it? I mean, I know the switch isn't the most powerful thing out there, but the game looks like a PS2 title. Shit, I can emulate San Andreas right now and get it running at full speed, so surely this should be able to AT LEAST hit 30 fps, right?

This game got so fucking weird at the end

>not using the top secret chainsaw

this character was in the original show and was David Duchovny's first major role you stupid fucking reactionist faggot

Attached: 1518914886369.jpg (422x422, 19K)

The sound bug is new and they’re working on a patch, the rest of the game is the authentic Deadly Premonition experience.

>all those people who were in twin peaks/xfiles/breaking bad

Attached: 1567716270202.png (641x641, 510K)

The end? That's when you think this game got weird?
Are you sure about that one chief?

>game will now be based on Twin Peaks: The Return

Attached: 1513829740345.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

No, we’re doing the “investigation viewed through the past and present” thing because Swery watched True Detective now.

This was a shitty game that I had to uninstall for Darkwood. It wasn't scary and that sucked.

Attached: 1404650944824.gif (580x328, 2.92M)

the japanese brain can't even comprehend the point of the return

I get that it's "so bad it's good," but, is it fucking bad or good? Can someone actually describe the game in objective terms?

>anime poster
>shit taste
Everytime, go back to your gay ass Xenoblade threads fag

I'll take it, that's been the most jarring thing so far.
I hope they'll try to fix the fps a bit though. Even with overclock it's REALLY bad.
>border 1 digit fps
>hold left hard to slowly make a turn
>fps suddenly go back to normal
>spin around at sanic speed and end up in a tree
>mfw

Attached: 1354628061542.png (599x484, 180K)

It’s good, it just feels like a game that was made ten years before its release date. Just pretend it was a lost Dreamcast game when you play it.

What IS the point of the return?

yes

Attached: FS Shove it.png (342x65, 47K)

david lunch lol

Attached: 8479C553-B9B3-4537-AB29-D39661C5DF60.jpg (900x500, 54K)

The international pilot is kino but it gives a lot away which may or may not matter with a 20 year old series.

Was the first any good

Defying expectations

define "good"

The FK stuff was next level weird

I'm kinda impressed with the DP1 port. Its still not perfect since its DP, but its good enough that I can actually recommend a easily available version.

It was a mix of some elements that were way better than they deserved to be and other elements that were way more broken than they had any excuse for being. Depending on which elements you value more you’ll have a good time with it.

Do you like it?
Was it memorable for the right reasons?
Does it function?
Does it achieve its intense purpose?

it's definitely not his apartment

Will Swery give us a safe comfy fanservice sequel or go full on pleb filter like Twin Peaks The Return?

Fast forward through everything James does after he leaves the town

my point was that bringing her back for S3 with that weird trans affirmation scene by Lynch himself was simultaneously pandering and out of touch in a hilarious way, whether you think it was good or bad

Swery has some excellent taste in TV shows

Attached: 22-true-detective-makeup.w1200.h630.jpg (1200x630, 203K)

Was this Director's Cut exclusive?

I honestly still can't tell whether the music getting awkwardly loud was intentional or not. But it fits the scene so hilariously well.

nah it's in the vanilla too

but Annie is worst girl, and is only in the series because MacLachlan was too pure to have Coop date teenage Audrey like Lynch intended

Is the switch version good or should I just play the PC version?

Switch version is solid but currently has severe audio fuckups. Luckily a patch is on the way.
I didn't play much of the PC version, but what I did play seemed fine. I didn't encounter any bugs personally, but I've heard that the PC port does have some major problems.
So you can wait for the audio patch on Switch or test your luck with the PC version.

It can’t be worse then the pc version and The ps3 version ran at like 10 fps when I tried it

maybe I should have kept watching after season 1

I played the PC port when it first dropped a few years ago and I had this weird bug where the game would freeze on loading screens unless I hit the Alt key. I also had to run it in Windows 95 compatibility mode to stop the game from constantly stuttering and crashing to desktop.

It was probably the first time in a while that I found a game so endearing that I put up with all the troubleshooting and technical problems instead of just outright dropping it.

Attached: 1552878201710.png (486x533, 291K)

The PS3 version fucking sucks and if you have a stock HDD in your console chances are it will comically stutter every second or so. I had to upgrade my Slim PS3 with an SSD to be able to play it, and even then the FPS was heinous.

Is there any version of this game that doesn't run badly?

Sometimes dreams come true.

The jank is an essential part of the experience

I mean it still runs badly just less badly.

Which suit was your favorite?

Attached: suit_DC_01[1].png (217x845, 336K)

EYEEEEEE DREAAAAM OF YOUUUUU

are all the suits included? I heard Switch wasn't full Director's Cut

So what will it feature now? Tulpas, timeline/realm hoping, inter-dimensional ghosts, answers leaving even more questions?

Attached: tpy.png (618x412, 293K)

Old man Zach is wearing Emily's necklace.

Attached: 11-1[1].jpg (1280x720, 186K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Rxe87J-kp1s
Post yfw

Attached: download (12).jpg (480x640, 71K)

Passion Red had my favorite color scheme. But it lacked a proper tie, so the default might be my favorite.

Attached: 1463259760718.jpg (600x744, 136K)

Is the new Switch port actually decent? At least as far as DP ports go

Attached: 1439234947481.jpg (508x608, 39K)

Is functional, it has an audio that mutes the sound until you restart, but unlike all the other versions, the devs said that are working on a patch to fix the game.

Im cautiously excited for it.

+having Swery back is EXCELLENT, as he makes the charm of the writing in these games

-Swery might have become too self aware, which is the worst trait a creator can have, and end up going too much humor or too serious
-Its not the same people that did the original DP, so the gameplay is not guaranteed to be as bad fun as the og game was
-we dont know how big the budget is, this might be anothe case of D4 where the thing is too fucking tiny for its own good.

What is going on with York's hand here?

Attached: Deadly Premonition 2.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

Did you not play DP 1 or something?

Finger gun?

Deadly Premonitions is the poster child for a heavily flawed gem

hope he doesnt die a virgin

Doesn’t he have a granddaughter?

DP is a unique example of being really incompetent at everything that makes it a game bur in terms of story, characters, tone, voice acting and atmosphere is so engaging is great

>running after the goddess in the rain
>the entire clocktower sequence
>"Zach, I need you to pray with me. Pray that things have not gone too far." in the recap as The Woods and The Goddess plays in the background
For all the gameplay faults, Swery sure knows how to make things atmospheric and memorable. One day he'll get his Nier Automata deal and that game will be perfect.

>Games have astronomical budgets, mass marketing, even more massive fanbases, objectively the biggest powerhouse in media today
>The only one that has me hyped in the last 10 years is a sequel to a Japanese Twin Peaks fan fiction with the budget of 2 ham sandwiches and a cup of coffee
I can't fucking believe it's getting a sequel, holy shit
I guess all 30 of us who gave a shit about it were really, really loud

Attached: 1551911348635.jpg (720x405, 21K)

>Do you like it?
Yes
>Was it memorable for the right reasons?
Yes
>Does it function?
Mostly
>Does it achieve its intense purpose?
Yes
DP is jank as all hell but an amazing game.

I played the game to completion about 4 years ago and can hardly remember the fine details.

The ending with the old wheelchair guy not being the bad guy and that weird cheery music playing at the end sticks with me though, but I can not remember most of the story besides some nerve gas released by the army, so says blah blah blah, can't remember his name......

Anyone elsee in the same boat as me?

A concept of an autistic detective fighting ghosts is a really novel idea

It doesn't seem too have too much of an effect on his work considering what happens to more than half of the women you meet the first game.

It was really weird because you could go through the entire game not even knowing side missions existed at all, and that was a combination of not knowing you could hop between chapters without losing any progress (with new progress being retroactively awarded) and having to legit actually scour the town and look for shit. Not like now where the minishit stays forever and is marked clearly on the map once it's available like in GTAV or Witcher 3.

user, if you dont like jank....

Windows 7 x86 gog version with dpfix actually manages stable 60fps maxed with maybe one or two crashes happening.

>Japan direct got an actual trailer
What the fuck man that's not fair, I bet I bought the game more than that whole country ever has even now that it's on switch

>You finally get to see what York did in nawlens
>You also get to hear York talk about a shitload of movies from the 00's era while driving by himself.

Diavolo style body morph from mental disorder

You run around the boonies stealing police cars and playing wheel of fortune in order to fish, and after changing your clothes and shaving your beard you dick about trying to get inside people's homes for hours on end peering into their windows to look for giant floating trading cards that you're guaranteed to miss before having to refill your car with gas and talking to yourself about movies from the wonder years. All this at a blistering 7 frames per second.
Oh yeah and there's some shit about an investigation you might solve along the way.

Season 3 has it's up and downs but it kept the same spirit as Season 1
But stay the fuck away from S2 fuck season 2

Attached: true-detective-trailer.jpg (1000x563, 39K)

judy

His hand merges with his gun when he goes to the "other world". Don't want to spoil what kind of gun.

Right? It's so fucking distracting.

So far the only thing it doesn't have from DC are the little girl cutscenes

The way we remember our past is more important in shaping our future than the past itself
The cycle of abuse is never ending, with victims becoming perpetrators and bystanders who let evil happen (Sarah Palmer, Shelley) are guilty as well
People tend to focus on a higher quest for answers or power instead of doing what's best for them and their families
Jade give two rides

Is this good? It seems interesting but is a little expensive. Emulating PS3 shit hasn't worked well for me in the past.

It looked like it was entirely based on the first 15 minutes of Fire Walk With Me to me, though.

does that mean the plot is going in another direction/she got retcon'd? not sure what to think of that

This unironically.