If you could remove one Fire Emblem character from Smash Ultimate, who would you choose and why?

If you could remove one Fire Emblem character from Smash Ultimate, who would you choose and why?

Attached: fessbu.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Lucina. She straight up replaced Marth by making him unviable despite him requiring more skill to play.

I'd remove you from existence

Attached: crustyknuckle.png (295x312, 61K)

Lucina because three Marths is just way too much, at least the other characters play differently

I'd drop Marth for the reasons you specified. I don't need to flaunt my skill, I just want to win.

I dunno, Lucina or Chrom. Really, I feel the biggest issue with FE in smash is the three Marth clones. Marth, Ike, and Robin are all fine IMO. All three of them had original movesets, came from different eras, and all three got in after their games were already out instead of before it.

Corrin's a little iffy, if mostly because he's a terrible character in his own game, but at the same time, he has a really unique moveset, so I can't really say he was the worst choice out there.

Lucina definitely.

Lucina. Three fucking characters from one game is too much.

Drop Lucina.

Lucina, replace her with Byleth with a unique moveset

Corrin because fuck Fates.

Lucina. Should have been an costume alt as intended.

Why the hell was Lucina even put into the game when we already had an Awakening rep and Roy could have inherited the “balanced Marth” + fire playstyle?

Roy.
Literally only carried by Meleefanbois, and Smashfags hypocritically love him despite being one of the worst examples of swordies being dull.
Keep Chrom though.

Corrin cuz he is gay

Lucina, chrom, roy
Everyone else is different and unique

Marth. Now that he's no longer the funny "minna mitekuri" guy and Lucina is already far more popular he has no reason to exist.

probably Corrin since echoes aren't really characters anyways

Lucina doesn't need to be there when there's already two other Awakening characters as it is and she cuts into Marth's niche.
Corrin was only added for Fates shilling.
Roy was only added for Binding Blade shilling and got re-added in 4 for Melee nostalgia.

If you're going to cut an FE character, these three should be at the top of the list.

Attached: 1490656484273.jpg (468x414, 57K)

Corrin didn't deserve to be in at the time and arguably deserves to be in even less now

I would argue that Lucina and Corrin have better cases for staying than Roy.
>Lucina
Low effort clone, practically a skin, only major gameplay issue is that it's borderline impossible to balance Marth and Lucina because they're just so similar.
>Corrin
Unique moveset, plays very differently from every other FE character in the game. Only major downside is that Fates is a shit game and Corrin is an awful character.

Roy is lazy, but not so much so that he's no effort. He's completely irrelevant, and not particularly loved outside of memers and smashfans.

>corrin and robin can switch gender
>marth and lucina are separate charcters
Remove Chrom and fuse Marth and Lucina.

Chrom or Lucina. They both fill the same character niche, and are clones so removing one wouldn't effect things much.

Anyone not saying Roy or Ike is wrong.
Marth is necessary.
Awakening is pretty much where the series was reborn, all 3 protagonists is somewhat fair, even if I'd prefer if Robin & Chrom were a single fighter.
At least Fates was popular and Corrin would have been a lock on Ultimate if they weren't added on 4.
Roy and Ike have no relevancy whatsoever outside smash.

Lucina.
Chrom deserved better in the first place, and we could have gotten a different sword fighter instead, like Lyn or something, since Sakurai doesn't like Axe/Lance users anyawys.

I want to remove Corrin for being a completely wasted shill spot for what are arguably the worst nu-FE games, but at least his moveset does something interesting.
I'd go with Lucina or Chrom. Marth is an OG, and Lucina's a straight up clone. Chrom's a little more interesting but there still doesn't need to be 3 FE characters from the same game especially three sword-users who play similarly.

>removing characters who have unique movesets in favor of three marths
What the fuck is wrong with you

Lucina or Chrom, as much as my heart of hearts calls for Roy to GTFO

Just put Ike's moveset on Chrom. Done.

Corrin but id update the game to make lucina and femrobins feetpussie visible to compensate

None removing is pointless.

Unironically this
Fuck Corrin though

Don't get rid of Lucina and Chrome, but just make them skins of Marth and Roy. I don't think average sword is really needed since the tipper/hilt sweetspots were one of their unique traits. Removing that makes for a less interesting character who also invalidates the original.

>Chrom's wimpy ass Falchion being able to match up to Ragnell's slam dunks
Yeah, nah.

wow, do people actually like these generic sameface JRPG characters?

Cut everyone but Marth, Lucina, and Ike. Replace Robin with Celica, add Lyn.

This thread is talking about which ones to boot out of the game. Can't you read?

Erk and Serra in Smash when?

>add Lyn
You need to stop.

I'd say all of them except one or two since they all look generic as shit
I'm just questioning whether or not anyone actually likes them, since so many made it into the game.

No, nobody likes these characters that are some of the most common in the game online despite ranging only from mid-high tier.

Lucina could've been an alt.

Roy
People sperg about Corrin when Roy did it first but for some reason he's "our boi xDD"

Reminder that she's in.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 9.17.31 PM.png (248x262, 93K)

Cutfags are mentally ill.

corrin commits incest so yea ez pick to kill

Awakening most certainly doesn't deserve three fucking reps. Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin are all necessary though.

Ike.

Attached: 1565926804759.png (572x464, 60K)

Why in the world is Roy necessary?

>Make Lucina a costume for Marth
>Axe Corrin
Objectively best answer

Because FE6 is based

Remove Lucina, Roy, Chrom and Corrin

Lucina

Marth is the MC and would have a unique moveset without lucina.

Roy is also unique, feels absolutely nothing like Marth to either play as or fight against, I actually do play Roy. He's very fun and cool.

Chrom is in because he at least has one move changed entirely from the character he's based on, and still has a consistent blade making him more unique than Lucina. Plus, the combination of Chrom and Robin means Awakening is greatly represented even without Lucina.

Ike is unique and a lot of people like him, plus he's the manliest.

Robin is the only one with magic and the most unique of every FE character, who would remove them? And Robin comes with a waifu slot.

Corrin stays for all the same reasons Robin does. At the very least, Corrin is still the central protagonist of their own game too so that's something.

Yeah remove the most popular fire emblem character, great idea!

Lucina.

I know Corrin is unique. Doesn't mean they belong in Smash.

I would rather have Lucina than Marth. Tipper sucks.

Playing Marth literally makes you a better player though since as a sword fighter you want to be at tip distance anyways.

Marth is irrelevant in FE. Nobody actually cares about him.
Grandpas love Alm and Sigurd
Boomers like Lyn and Hector
Zoomers like Lucina and Ike

>tfw everyone always says this but that's never been intuitive to me at all

I guess that's why I've always been a Roy guy, even in the casual melee days when I genuinely never noticed tipper/hilt mechanics and didn't know they were in the game. It feels so good to always try to hit people with your shit as close up as possible, that's exactly what's intuitive to me as a sword character. I actually main a zoner.

Corrin. They're trash and nobody loves them.

Roy's normals are completely different though. Realistically we only have 2 Marths

>caring about the roster in a party game the size of ultimate
Lmao

Lucina for being boring safe Marth, no one asked for Corrin nor Robin but I actually enjoy them being different.

Ike is great, roy is rush down Chrom is a bit boring but people actually asked for him to be a character.

Si yeah I'm going with Lucina.

Marth is the series progenitor, you can't drop the original lord unit in favor of his descendant from a bad game. Lucina or chrom are the ones I would drop

>Could
None of them, they are already in and disc space is not an issue for the Switch. Why I would cut a character for a game that benefits of having as many characters the devs can add? Cutfags are faggots

Awakening literally saved the series after Ike almost killed it.

Corrin

Attached: terrys2.gif (112x240, 38K)

How about we get rid of Dr. Mario instead?

I swear. Why does Corrin's female art look unfinished af.

I'd remove all of them and replace them with LORENZ HELLMAN GLOUCESTER

Attached: 68960643_166585837802218_3793202029448136216_n.jpg (750x750, 54K)

Cut Corrin for Dimitri, Hector or Byleth
Cut awakening shit and Ganondorf with actual Ganon
Cut Roy for Porky, Isaac, or Lyn

Attached: 1567710248056.jpg (350x350, 11K)

I would rather radiant Dawn be the last game. None of the 3ds games or 3H are any good bar echoes. And echoes isn't a new game, so it hardly counts

Lack of any marketing whatsoever and poor timing of the releases is what was killing it but whatever you say.

Lucina is better in most scenarios but Marth can still technically score a KO at lower percents... so I'm glad both exist.

If anything Roy is the more displaced character. He exists purely to style on people.

>not Rosalina
cope

What's your problem with 3H? Outside of shitty map variety and lack of difficulty I think it's pretty amazing.

Remove them all
Put in Lyn, Eliwood and Hector.

Nah Roy can do certain kill setups Chrom can't, he's pretty different mechanically.

Roy

He's a faggot and everyone who picks him is a faggot.

>put in all the lords from one of the worst games
"No!"

>outside of shit gameplay and bad design, it is great!

I haven't even finished a single route of 3h, it just isn't fun when you can just send Byleth in and kill everything alone, zero reason not to use all fliers aside from magic, just a mess in so many ways.

The gameplay is the same as every other Fire Emblem so I guess you just don't like Fire Emblem games?

Lucina because she's a marth clone and awakening is already well repped and she's the least unique.

or rather i'd make her a marth costume.

>hates the games with good gameplay in favor for the ones with amazing story, writing, and characters, but bad gameplay
>but also doesn't wanna play three houses, the game with the best story, writing, and characters since RD

alright buddy that makes sense to me.

>GBAfags

>t. guy who has one friend who kicks his ass with Roy and has misplaced aggression toward the character

I haven't played a fire emblem game that let me brainlessly one shot on the first chapter

No it really isn't. Other FE games generally have secondary objectives in each map which press you for time, you can't make every single unit mounted, enemies put up some resistance, etc.

It's such a disappointment after how well crafted Conquest is.

Cringe

Attached: DYRw5B9U0AEoyL7.jpg (738x518, 119K)

None, cutting characters is for fags

I will want Eliwood.

He should play like Melee Marth

Attached: 1564821411281.png (356x338, 153K)

Marth, Roy, Ike and Corrin are the only ones worth keeping

Roster should be
Marth or Lucina
Roy or Chrom
Ike
Robin
Byleth[\spoiler]

Why don't we have any ax or lance FE characters in smash?

It's a very experimental title for sure but I think it's a step in the right direction outside of the difficulty which will hopefully be fixed with lunatic and infernal and hopefully some changes to make infantry a desirable choice over making everyone mounted outside of gremories.

Bitch you haven't seen how broken enlightened one class is, you are supposed to use your students.

Then break the game by making a lv1-3 Byleth certify as enlightened one.

Honestly removing all of them in smash 6 is the only fair option. That's how overrepresented FE is.

Because axe and lance characters are generally irrelevant

Corrin.

If corrin wasn't in the internet wouldn't be so butthurt at the idea of a 3h rep

Attached: 465343.png (1216x467, 378K)

The moment a bandit gets a sword he becomes the final boss and opera starts playing.

[G]oy or (K)ike

Remove Lucina and Chrom
Also remove Roy and Corrin because shill pick
>b-but unique
Fuck off

Rework Robins final smash or remove chrom

Roy he is bascially worthless and was just added as an easy to clone to fill out roster space in melee

>S tier is both Flame Emperor cucks

(lol

I had mine master Assassin, then went into Enlightened one. Whenever lethality procs with nosferatu he kills the enemy and heals for half their health. He almost never gets hit, and when he does he has a massive HP/defense pool anyway.

Bro, assasin makes Ignatz broken, picture how good it is on an unit with actual growths.

I'm making my next game Byleth a Paladin to avoid this problem, also preparing for lunatic gonna unlock pavise and Aegis to buy the masteries in a NG+.

Heck made my Raphael master Bishop just for his unlimited heal combo.

New character: Tactician (Mark) that works like Pokemon trainer

Attached: tumblr_inline_pao03kO6mx1qgv466_1280.jpg (1075x518, 195K)

>two swords
Why not Byleth leading the TH lords?

Who is the heavy?
The Emperor wears heavy armor, Dimitri hits the hardest of all and Claude is riding a fucking Wyvern.

Tell me who would be the heavy?

>People unironically want Lyn
The current problem is that there's too many swords and you want to add yet another one but this one doesn't have any kind of flair at all. The fact of the matter is that no matter what kind of spin you think Lyn can add, I can think of at least 3 other swords off the top of my head that can be better than her. Even Ryoma would be better than Lyn because at least he has lightning on his sword and visually distinct getup.
If there must be a new FE character, it should be Anna, who can break through both the clutter using all physical weapon types from her shop inventory for different moves.

Attached: 1544452157829.gif (260x264, 1.89M)

Lyn uses a bow now

Attached: 9836189111.png (1395x2048, 1.48M)

Fuck it, give us Claude, the guy has a bow is great with axes and has a secret sword.

I want the flying lord.

>using their post-timeskip appearances
That would kinda fly in the face of having Byleth lead them, dumb fuck

Female Robin

To make room for more Male Robin colors

Attached: 1433293409636.jpg (2125x1836, 1.76M)

Tharja is the one good thing from the dark ages.

Remove Lucina and Chrom.
Put Itsuki and Chrom (Mirage) in.

Attached: Itsuki_Chrom_card.png (640x456, 627K)

I really don't understand the appeal of her at all, I even did most of her supports and she's still a terrible in my opinion.

I'd remove Lucina, Crom, Robin, and Corrin, thank you.

If I had a time machine, Corrin. Corrin shouldn’t have been added to the game in the first place, even if you really needed to shill fates Camilla is a much more popular character from that game. But now that his move set is done it’s too unique to be cut. I’d say get rid of Chrom, he’s so half assed in ultimate anyway he doesn’t even have his own victory theme and he appears in Robin’s victory animations and final smash.

Nice

Attached: 1563229851349.jpg (657x382, 78K)

Corrin and Fire Emblem Fates are a blight on the series and should be completely forgotten.

Attached: 1546569093132.png (585x524, 461K)

Lucina and Chrom. Every other game only has one representative, why does Awakening need 3?

Marth, Roy and Ike
All replaced and irrelevant now

I know you're just starting shit but seriously Marth and Roy are always in the top 10 of popularity polls and Ike is undisputedly the most popular character.

Lucina, Chrom, and Corrin, Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin represent their home systems. We only need one for the snes. Sigurd? Leif?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a lord - Ayra would make a good pick.

Attached: aba.jpg (458x583, 30K)

Lucina and Chrom. They have to go as a pair

>it's not exactly what i want so i'd rather the series be dead
just don't play it you turbo autist

>Roy and Ike have no relevancy whatsoever outside smash.
we know you only know about FE from smash but you don't have to make it so obvious

He's wrong on Ike, but not Roy. Roy is popular exclusively from smash. He is simultaneously the worst lord statwise with a forced promotion way late in the game, as well as being the most boring by a country mile.

Remove Roy because then Chrom can’t exist if the fighter he echoes is gone. Also Roy is the ultimate shill character, with his game coming out AFTER melee.

Bullshit. Roy and FE6 have plenty of fans, you just elect to pretend they don't exist.
>worst lord statwise
Actually that'd be Lyn.

this.

FE6 didn't even come out stateside, you just elect to pretend there are far more people who care about FE6 than there really is.
Lyn isn't forced to remain an unpromoted shitter with 5 mov for almost the entire game.

Lyn promotes with more than 10% of the game left

>FE6 didn't even come out stateside
Who gives a shit, neither did half of the games in the series, and it was the first Japan-only FE to get a fan translation. Are you going to bitch that people who like Sigurd and Genealogy are imaginary too?

Doesn't matter when her double crits deal 0 damage

Lucina.
Corrin will forever leave a bad taste in my mouth but I find it dumb to remove a unique character before some echo

Corrin

Feetfags must be purged and s/he only enables them.

Lucina

Although just leaving Marth and Robin (maybe Ike too?) is the best choice possible.

Chrom. He was just a flavour of the month Reddit meme.

Honestly, Corrin. Unique moveset my ass, any character can have a unique moveset with the benefit of not also being a bland milquetoast boring motherfucker like he is. Shit, fucking Pirahna Plant got a unique moveset.

Corrin because Im not a foot fag

Lucina, Corrin, and Chrom or Roy.

Fucking Corrin was the most obvious shill pick for the worst FE game in the series.

Lucina should just be an alt of Marth like Alph is to Olimar. Fuck echo fighters.

But also Chrom. He's just a horrible mishmash of Ike and Roy.

Fuck FE6, fuck Roy, and fuck thrones.

No, but trying to say that Roy would be more popular than, say, Corrin based on his own merits is madness.

>Unique moveset, plays very differently from every other FE character in the game.
That isn't enough to justify it for me. Just remove them anyway. Fuck it.

>All these Redditors seething over based Roy and FE6 again
Face it. FE7 and 8 are trash and FE6 is the ONLY good GBA FE. Adding The Ephraim or Hector would be an insult to all FE fans and would be the same, in essence, as adding another Corrin. Instead they should add Camoo.

>Awakening is pretty much where the series was reborn, all 3 protagonists is somewhat fair
What the fuck logic is that? One is enough for that game.

I suppose to an insane person, reason could seem like madness. Corrin has no redeeming qualities - Roy is, at least, a likable character.

>Corrin would have been a lock on Ultimate if they weren't added on 4
There would have been 0 chance for Corrin in Ultimate if they weren't just shoved into 4. You are high as fuck.

Lucina, Chrom, and _Roy__

>no redeeming qualities
Corrin is a good unit.
>a likable character.
Roy has no fucking character.

FE6 is just shit independently of whatever quality someone wants to attribute to the other GBA games, be them good or bad.

>Corrin is a good unit.
In a game where you're handed god-tier units regularly
>Roy has no fucking character.
>complaining about games you've never even played
The only character Corrin has is that of a hypocritical crybaby. If you like that more than the archetypal hero, that's on you.

Remove Lucina, Chrom and Roy. Add a 3H Lord (not Byleth, whose playstyle is already taken by Sword+Magic avatar Robin). Problem solved.

Probably just remove Chrom honestly, Lucina is faster than Marth almost how Young Link is Faster than Link

>in a game where you're handed god-tier units regularly
>Complaining about games you've never even played

Tell me Roy's "character" then.

robin
yeah his mage based kit is unique but it's also shit

>wanting to cut the only good representation the series has

He fucks Hector's daughter

This. Give Byleth a gimmick where down special lets him switch weapons and use a new moveset.

How many times do we need to go through this over the years? Fuck it, you're getting the cliff notes
>acknowledges his limits and weaknesses
>compensates by being more logical and pragmatic than most FE lords
>inferiority complex, knows he can't match up to his father
>only cares about Lycia's well-being and his studies at first, takes him realizing the stakes for him to become a real hero

Yeah, that's the most copy-paste description of a boring piece of shit if I've ever seen one.
>He's logical :)
Get over yourself.

Garchomp should be a smash character

>Yeah, that's the most copy-paste description of a boring piece of shit if I've ever seen one.
No, that would be something like
>he likes to fight
Which encompasses several lords that I'm sure you think are better than Roy, despite him having an actual arc.

Dr. Mario

No, that would be something like
>He's worried that he's not good enough but does all he can for his people.

>Yea Forums wants to remove this

Attached: 1535045943277.jpg (640x352, 23K)

first of all
>cutfags

If I had to choose:
>Marth is the OG
>Roy is a semi-clone
>Ike is unique enough
>Robin is unique enough, should get an updated FS though
>Lucina is a clone that is just Marth but better on average
>Corrin is unique enough
>Chrom was put in because of "fan demand" like D.Samus, is a hybrid clone of Ike and Roy
Lucina should be a costume for Marth
Or combine Chrom and Lucina into 1 unit, like the Ice Climbers

Attached: 2.jpg (680x454, 46K)

Lucina. Clonest clone who ever clone.
Roy. No one who likes him even played his game.
Chrom. Unnecessary.
Corrin. Him being original is a dumb excuse to keep him around. Just give his moves to future characters.

Give me The Boar!

Megaman
It's an absolute chore fighting one. Not fun at all.

Lucina should be a Chrom alt color. Chrom taught her how to fight and she knows Aether. It never made sense for her to be a Marth clone.
Also buff Robin and change xir fucking Final Smash. Everything eats Arcfire, shit's ridiculous. You can't spam his magic, why does it have to be so weak?