CRPGs

Why doesn't Yea Forums like cRPGs anymore?
What went wrong??

Attached: kingmaker vs deadfire.jpg (1007x720, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cF3SH1ix9-c
youtube.com/watch?v=uALcmdTj4ho
youtube.com/watch?v=t1XfQ5M3C9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yea Forums prefers casualshit nowadays. cRPG's are too hard and have too much text

Deadfire needed to be longer. Hopefully 3 will be.

What’s more a more played out setting, fantasy or post-apocalyptic?

Yea Forums doesn't play video games

CRPGs and RPGs in general are infested with tranny shit.

Not Kingmaker.

Attached: smugvarn.png (511x632, 90K)

Too slow.
Too easily cheesed.
If not cheesed, stupidly difficult.

I miss uncle Jan...

Attached: jan2.png (304x358, 73K)

Kingmaker was too good. I need Owlcat's next adaption ASAP.

ADHD zoomers can't read more than two lines and play a game without constant rewards

>putting Pathfinder and PoE in the same pic
Obsidiot detected

Attached: hahah.jpg (653x348, 115K)

They tend to be spreadsheety and tedious.

I love kingmaker.
Gonna do another play-trough with a bunch of mods installed.

Lets see user
>Deadfire - SJW garbage plot and companions
>Tides of Numenera - Funds were funneled to Wasteland 2 - Filled with SJW garbage
>Kingmaker - Game was buggy as fuck during release

because 98% of Yea Forums is consolefags

Makes more sense than putting in Divinity which is a game that plays completely different?

how does it play completely different you moron? It's still WRPG

cRPGs are boring trite. Moving away from DnD/cRPG elements was the best thing to happen to wRPGs

Kingmaker was rushed towards the end

>too hard
Baldur's Gate 2 on its hardest difficulty even with SCS installed isn't hard. Planescape Torment is notoriously easy because it's a storybook in game form.

For all of Deadfire's woes, it's still far better at being a cRPG than Divinity.
Of course, both are extremely disappointing compared to Kingmaker.

I always felt the last chapter was perfect.
The way it managed to wrap everything even from the beginning of the game, being reunited with all allies you helped, facing a god etc

Attached: Kingmaker.jpg (1370x811, 155K)

they stopped making them

Wow, both of those games in your pic are well reviewed! Time for me to buy both. Thanks, friend.

>far better at being a crpg
I don't even know what the fuck does that mean?
Div:OS was a blast to play (especially second game) and I dropped PoE after 2 hours despite being hyped as fuck about it.

Most cRPGs are created from nostaliga, specifically many of the games that just try to port tabletop RPG gameplay into a realtime game, aka realtime with pause, only to make the game play like a mess, Pathfinder Kingmaker for example is fun, but it could definately go without the 2 minutes of buffing before every fight on a difficulty that isn't very easy

CRPGS simply haven't evolved in any way gameplay wise. Ever since the OGs every release has been somewhat of a letdown, especially the crowdfunded ones. Partly because corwdfunding is simply not the right thing for vidya, but there is no reason to not just replay Baldurs Gate 2 over PoE. Look at ARPGs and how many tried and even succeeded in giving them somewhat of a fresh spin. Even D3 is fun for the first 2 playthroughs, because the gameplay is so polished. CRPGs tend to hide behind their plots, which are always lackluster compared to literature and the gameplay is worse than p&p.

Kingmaker is one of my favourite games of the last years.

This kills the zoomer

Attached: Lantern King's Curse.jpg (1920x1080, 618K)

Do you even believe in the bullshit that you just spouted?

Playing a Lawful Evil playthrough in Kingmaker was amazing.

After the announcement of Baldurs Gate 3 we've been having tons of BG1/2 threads, where have you been?

Attached: 1564459793886.png (692x1024, 494K)

>game has literal cuck shit in it
>not sjw shit
Nice try shill.

>Reg and Octavia's relationship
>cucking
>when they can both fuck whoever they want
>when you can even get one of them for yourself only regardless
based hyperboleanon

>dead thread
Dead cRPGs.

Attached: bhaal.jpg (416x423, 52K)

Does anybody besides the one single autist say "Obsidiot"?

I don't like Pillars of Shit
Name a single fucking CRPG that's actually hard. RPG as a whole is a relatively easy genre.

>Have never liked isometric CRPGs
>Tried playing Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity II, and Divinity: Original Sin II
>Couldn't get into any of them
>Try Pathfinder Kingmaker
>Actually get into it and like it
I don't understand.

Attached: 11dd9d377c05efb2c9310104e074587a.jpg (1294x2000, 290K)

PF kingmaker is a module so it's designed from the ground up to be fun to play and move you from encounter to encounter rather than have you exploring a world learning the lore slowly. I think that's why it's different anyway.

Deadfire IS bad AND Deadfire IS poop BECAUSE it DID remove Xoti wife IN ending user it IS bad AND it IS poop! Wife anons do NOT play games TO have wifes leave IN ending user! Obsidian DID give bad wifes IN Deadfire user AND Obsidian does NOT give ANY wifes IN Outer Worlds user SO Obsidian did NOT learn FROM Deadfire FOR Outer Worlds SO Deadfire IS bad AND Outer Worlds IS bad AND Obsidian IS poop user AND I will NOT forgive Obsidian UNLESS they DO give GOOD wifes user! (Will not! Will not!)

Attached: Xoti.jpg (210x330, 59K)

WHY HAVENT YOU JOINED MY GREEDFALL THREADS ALREADY user YOU PROMISED YOU PROMISEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Attached: Greedfall.jpg (2060x1159, 352K)

Give ME Aphra wife!

Attached: Hat Aphra.jpg (780x438, 46K)

Nothing, just your resident 2-3 autists shit up every thread.

Divinity came out for the Switch yesterday and I had the hardest time explaining to my friend at work what a CRPG was. We're not allowed to have our phones on the work floor so I couldn't just show him a video of the gameplay. I kept going down a list of games like Shadowrun, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity, Fallout 1/2 (he knows the series but never played the first two games). Finally I just had to tell him it's like if Diablo 3 was turn-based. He's a JRPGfag but I honestly don't think he's gonna play it even after I told him my genuine passion for the game in my in-person review.

>amiri is a dyke
>weird threesome thing?
>9/10 henchmen are women

at best it's a teaparty simulator.

For me, Kingmaker is the best simply because your actions have consequences that are both immediate and long lasting instead of just an ending slide.

You SHOULD tell YOUR friend ABOUT wifes user! Does YOUR friend LIKE giraffe wifes user! (Does he! Does he!)

Attached: Sebille.jpg (1125x1600, 341K)

>spiderbro from random map area comes to help you in the last chapter vs Hargulka Shade

Attached: 1560085799383.jpg (1280x801, 269K)

deadfire and kingmaker are crap, Original Sin 2 and ATOM are amazing.

Divinity on consoles is notoriously shitty to control. CRPGs, 4Xs and shooters really should be played with a mouse and keyboard.

Give ME Galina wife!

Attached: Galina.jpg (268x268, 19K)

dry spell

You have some really strange standards if you think ATOM is in any way comparable to Kingmaker, despite being fun.

Attached: AtomRPG_x64 2019-06-03 18-13-40-20.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Who ready for lovecraftian kino with Stygian?
Seems like it will finally be the lovecraftian adaptation we desperately need.

Attached: eldritch.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

(OP)
it was nice to see them come back
but they just weren't a genre good enough to stick around
people just wanted nostalgia satisfied
mean after Divinity 2 everyone basically got their fill of the genre since it turns out everything else is just medicore

I hope inxile and Obsidian stop making them and try to expand upon the RPG genre now that they are owned by Microsoft

Sell me on this thing
I'm actually interested but don't want to pay full price.

>3
Never ever.

What?

I've never played a CRPG on anything other than a PC but I will buy the Divinity Switch port this Friday. It has cross-save with Steam so I can at least fuck around with it while at work and sort my inventory, equip my characters, excel sheet shit, even though it might have bad controls.

Attached: 1563249930816.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

What!

Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

Similar boat, may try Pathfinder.

Then pirate it when it releases in 5 days.

It DOES have CUTE wifes user! (It does! It does!)

Attached: Biggest Siora.jpg (1600x900, 121K)

Yea Forums never liked that garbage. it's always been tourists from reddit and rpgcodex shilling these awful "games."

i dunno man, they just felt so sterile.

t. newfag weeb

Take your pills spaz

>want to be bros with red lizard all game
>peep on him banging some princess he just met
>"We've become good friends, haven't we?"

Attached: 545aee71d1f79725ecee12d46abf0564.jpg (1000x1450, 146K)

>P E C K E R

Attached: Trompody.jpg (362x592, 53K)

No!

>>amiri is a dyke
she's not even romanceable so who cares

I really liked kingmaker but the kingdom management aspect was lackluster 2bh

>weeb
t. post-election newfag

What fuckin class should I play? Tempted to go Vivisectionist but I heard it's OP.
So far I'm between some flavor of Magus, Ranger, inquisitor and Paladin.

Attached: rip_chad.png (852x480, 295K)

Grenadier

UnderRail is probably the best CRPG to come out in a long time. As someone who has played pretty much every big CRPG (Including oldschool and the new revival ones) it is blows all of the new ones out of the water in terms of combat, content, world building, story, and just generally being a good game.

Ranger is most OP overall out of all base classes, or Sylvan Sorc.

Attached: Vilderavn.webm (900x506, 2.86M)

>no party
Boring, and the graphics don't help. Fallout is superior.

>solo only
>no party members
failure as a cRPG desu

Attached: pf jewb.png (800x600, 123K)

17th century colonialism with Witcher-esque monsters and natives that use blood magic.
Combat also looks okay.

So, basically you're saying you don't like the game because there isn't a romance option for your character? You can still make plenty of friends and discuss current events with them and what is going on. I am not even trying to be an asshole, but I can only assume you want party members for romance options.

It's a very good game but I just wish it was party based because adventuring with friends is the best

Attached: Grim White Stag.jpg (576x828, 89K)

But there is also fun in being stuck in a harsh world by yourself and being forced to persevere and push on alone. I can understand wanting some some sort of adventuring party in a general fantasy setting, but a party would sort of ruin UnderRail's atmosphere. I love me some classic CRPG party members, but I never once missed having companions in UnderRail. Maybe it is just me.

I still like cRPGs but they feel dated even for someone who played the shit out of them as a kid.
There really hasn't been much innovation in the genre, it's become a little bit stale, much like the RTS.

There need to be more cRPGs in a similar style to Might & Magic 6 and Ultima Underworld.
The isometric bullshit is getting annoying.

Attached: ss_daecd13cfedfa08709c52b544fea2411769c4013.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 988K)

The appeal of a crpg is the characters: writing, story, dialog, content. I dont want any of that relating to a dirty fag

Other party members are perverts.

Pervertfinder: Teaparty

Fuck you, user. Kingmaker is one of the best games I've ever played. Wished their programmers were competent tho, shit was/is bugged up the ass.

For me, it's Gyulchatai.

Attached: Гюльчатай.jpg (1300x799, 275K)

but I do.
the top one, that is. the bottom one was shit.

>Combat also looks okay.
Strongly console-flavoured with (do I even have to pinpoint this?) arcade undertones. Personally, I think that's a huge turn-off and the game would have deserved much better.

PoE 2 plot was fucking stupid.

It was. 1 had its own share of narrative issues, but 2 was a disaster.

>Deadfire
>can't kill a giant golem soul pinnata
>Kingmaker
>can actually kill a god
>can even receive buffs based on winning dialogue checks with him

Attached: EVERYTHING ENDS.webm (1400x786, 2.85M)

They got hijacked by far left SJWs

youtube.com/watch?v=cF3SH1ix9-c
>the game bioware fans should care about
What did they mean by this?

Attached: my face is tired.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

still Kingmaker is broken

I want to play the wizardry series, I'm going to start with 1 and work my way up. Is the japanese ps1 verseions for 1-3 and 4&5 good? There's so many different versions I'm not sure which is the best to play, especially with all the bugs in them. Also planning to play M&M and maybe Eye of the Beholder, so I think I've got blobbers covered. What are the other classic rpgs I should play? I have no experience with them. Never played any ultima game or the baldur's gate games.

If by broken you mean extremely fun

Attached: Spawn of Auto Attack.webm (900x506, 2.85M)

no when half of your time in game you spend watching loading screen

To be fair they only hit the crapper by upper mid game or so
Thankfully Kingdom Management screens are now pretty much instant fast

Looks retarded

I myself prefer Obsidrone.

Yea Forums doesn't hate Underrail, Atom or Kingmaker. In fact we have literal daily Underrail DLC threads for almost 2 months now.
Obsidian shit is another thing

Spiders kino is back on the menu

Attached: Untitled.png (768x296, 268K)

Attached: BoundByFlame 2014-05-11 15-25-15-12.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

Modern fantasy is pretty gay and isn't made by GFless nerds.

Attached: 1545073929041.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

Any good RPG must be broken
If it's overbalanced, it's shit

>Why doesn't Yea Forums like cRPGs anymore?
I've had my fill of them as a teen. The big budget ones were great, I loved Neverwinter Nights and its 11 million expansions.
>What went wrong??
Combat in these games are rarely, if ever good. Too many turn out eurojank with devs that have more ambition than talent and budget. Writing is hit or miss, and a lot of them miss; a lot of modern cRPGs are just lazy in this regard.

Attached: 1400209569924.jpg (382x322, 30K)

>tfw my favorite is Might & Magic 6
true

I like crpgs but I'm realizing that straight dnd is terrible for vidya, too much bloat and takes to long to make progress, a more fleshed out Warcraft 3 model is perfect.

>wyverns are actually intelligent and capable of speech in Pathfinder

Attached: wyvern sadness.png (2048x695, 979K)

starting underrail now, what the fuck do I do

punch rats, cheeze so they don't get a surround and kill you

For ME it IS Valerie wife! She IS the wife FOR me! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Big Valerie.png (639x945, 939K)

Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

Attached: Biggest Valerie.jpg (1280x1895, 276K)

What!

What!

unbearable cunt

No!

It's a complete failure of a NWN successor.
But it's still a pretty decent D&D adventure to pass the time

Attached: scl.jpg (1920x1080, 1015K)

based

shes better with the scar

Give ME Scar Valerie!

Attached: Cute Armitage.jpg (576x432, 42K)

They are all full of sjw and feminist shit this days. If liberals could stop putting their propaganda into games then people could start enjoying them again

I wont. I wont.

What!

Based.

Nobody mention this, why?

Attached: outward12.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Give ME Rissa mommy wife!

Attached: Rissa.png (403x599, 481K)

finding a quest item in daggerfall

did they ever add more to this shit

Save me, dear Sir...
Please, save me...

>Underrail expansion came out like 2 months ago and we still have threads about it and people actually discussing the games
>rpgs are dead guys nobody talks about them

you are just too busy looking at smash threads to notice actual vidya being discussed

There is literally no cRPG thread besides Underrail now.

CRPGs are pretty bad, D&D is a shit system.

there also where no crpgs worth their shit out in the last months, once once comes out it will be discussed here, but sadly AAA companies only make garbage and everybody else either takes forever to make a game or are a bunch of faggots trying to get attention rather than making a good game

t. 3 INTer who can'tr ever comprehend even 3.5 rules

Attached: Chaotic Lewdness.jpg (1680x1050, 399K)

It's just that they've been thoroughly discussed. Every now and then there's actually some Planescape Thread that gets more than 200 replies. Even Arcanum gets threads, but not as long lasting.

Is that me or pathfinder stutters a lot for no reason

they're awful. the gameplay is not good, there's too much fucking reading. it's not a good experience and I doubt it ever was.

It starts performing like ass after Chapter 4 or so
You'll notice it starts stuttering a bit as soon as Troll Trouble is over.
Same for saving/loading times

Attached: Diablomancer.webm (1500x842, 2.93M)

i would rather have games that feature a mix of AC, DR, and DT than D&D rules

The rules are a bad abstraction for combat and they don't even offer any depth, in TRPG it's fine because it's on the GM to make things interesting, but for vidya it's just bad, the genre is ruined by this stupid D&D obsession.

>create 4th edition which is basically an mmo
>don't make a single video game during this time

it's fucking infuriating

this game is unplayable for me
every save i make corrupts instantly with the client extension

Went to lagging mess in act2 for me

Looked like a fun game for co-op, but I heard almost nothing but complaints when it released.

You can fuck right off if you don't like Valerie's Husband.

>complaining about D&D influnce in vidya
You guys are lucky you're not into role-playing and tabletop games. Wizards of the Coast is like a worse EA and the normies that support them are a bigger percentage than in videogames

RTWP is complete dogshit and for some reason developers think that all CRPGs have to be RTWP even though nobody likes the system.

in tabletop you can just pirate rulebooks and play GURPS/Runequest with friends

They certainly offer more depth than pretty much any other I've played so far.
I can't even name another cRPG/WRPG that comes as close as Kingmaker depth and choice when it comes to builds and such

wasn't Sword Coast Legends 4e?
In any case it has a pretty videogamey cooldown system on all skills and "spells"

That's weird, user.
I've been playing NWN2 for years and I only had that happen recently after updating client extension this month, but new saves were fine.

Attached: Lumen Sage.webm (1000x562, 2.95M)

try saving then loading in the OC after a restart

Divinity 2 was a braindead grind fest that may have well taken lace in a hallway due to its linearity, at least deadfire had some interesting mechanics and a world to explore

pol 2.0, politics are more important than gameplay

Obsidian happened.

Feels too much like I'm playing a single player MMORPG or something. Was the same reason I could never get into Kingdoms of Amalur. Some people are into that kind of game though, so all the more power to them.

I will never understand why they thought it would be a good idea to have the first two islands in deadfire take 30+ hours to complete and leave all the rest of them barren outside of the main quest.

First two islands? Port Maje and the big capital city? Port Maje takes like 2 hours at most, it's the tutorial island, and Neketaka is the game's central hub city. You're supposed to bang out a few quests every time you stop into port. Did you do every quest there in one large batch?

>wasn't Sword Coast Legends 4e?
Whoa, I've never heard of this!

>checks it out
>severs died in 2018
well shit

>Did you do every quest there in one large batch?
No but many people do. It's not uncommon for people to spend 50-60 hours grinding quests in neketaka and the surrounding area before doing any adventuring.

I do find it stupid that when asked what other people do when encountering the monumentally retarded difficulty curve the game has with scaling turned on they said "did you grind every single quest in neketaka to over level the enemies by 5 levels?"

The game isn't balanced at all

Exactly this, though I also liked Divinity.

It can be played through singleplayer anyways.
It's good enough for passing the time if you want more D&D adventures, just don't expect it to be anywhere near BG/Kingmaker/NWN, the D&D mechanics are kinda simplified

Attached: big spider.webm (1920x1080, 2.63M)

We just dont like gayshit like that, try Underrail

That's why you play Munchkin, CoC or GURPS with your fellow boomers.

>Divinity 2
>grinding
>ever
I know people on Yea Forums don’t play games anymore but holy shit at least be subtle

Oh man, are you that one user that would post combat logs of his Eder getting spanked by high level mobs? The guy that also didn't realize the red skulls in the quest log and on the enemies' HP bar tells you they're too high level to fight?

I'm sorry I don't look up powerleveling guides on a challenge mode. If you remember there was a certain someone that admitted to powerleveling in the hub for 30+ hours?

user, it doesn't take long at all to reach level 7 or so in Neketaka.
By 7th with 4th powers you have more than enough to take on most of the world map provided you don't sai for fucking Fampyr Island tier places first.
You seem to speak of grinding but it stands to reason most people wouldn't just enter Neketaka then immediately proceed to leave. The two warring families + cornet of waves quests are enough to give plenty of a level boost already, besides the big xp you get just from speaking with the Queen

Not him, but yes I did. I gave up before even finishing all of them.

On PoTD vertical only scaling most encounters after neketaka are level 12-15 at least. The giant cave grub in the old city for example took every single potion buff on all my party members that I could afford at level 11/12. If fighting something your level requires you to burn all the money you've accumulated on potions maybe there's a balance issue.

Lol. This guy actually tried to do every quest in Neketaka in one go and didn't pay any attention to the difficulty levels in the quest log. How smooth brain do you have to be to think "me here, me do every quest now."

Don't want to watch a video or read a wiki just to learn what the game should have told me from the beginning.

Deadfire IS poop BECAUSE it does NOT have good wifes AND wifes DO leave IN endings user it IS bad AND I will NOT forgive Obsidian FOR Deadfire poop AND I will NOT forgive Obsidian FOR no wifes IN Outer Worlds user! (Will not! Will not!)

Attached: Ydwin.jpg (210x330, 26K)

>Lol. This guy actually tried to do every quest in Neketaka in one go
>No but many people do
???

>after neketaka
Poko Kohara? That's a level 7 island, and it's where you're meant to go after arriving in Neketaka for the first time. You keep saying "after Neketaka" like you tried to "complete" the island before leaving it.

Crpgs are good but its a lost art. Pillars of SHIT

PILLARS OF SHIT

PILLARS OF SHIT

PILLARS OF SHIT

I still dont understand the story after reading it x10 it makes no fucking sense and I could care less about it, its some esoteric trash

Now TYRANNY was good but we'll never have a sequel because we cant have nice things

Give ME Verse wife!

Attached: Verse.png (210x330, 40K)

Lying to hide your shame while simultaneously defending your dumb decision by appealing to a "many people" majority that you pulled out of your ass.

kingmaker is fun with turn based, but the fact that the game wasn't built with turn based in mind and you have a ton of trash mob fights fucks with it

>Vertical Scaling on
I can do Undercity at level 7-8 PoTD just fine.
The fact all spells are now per encounter means you can just spam a ton of aoe CC + damage every single battle.
I'm guessing you didn't have a mage heavy party.
But then again it seems you are complaining about the difficulty while choosing the highest diff mode + scaling on to boot.

I did every quest without a skull before leaving, yes. I even did the ones with two or three levels above me because I could. And I was still not as overleveled as most people recommend. No not Poko Kohora, that island is stupid easy. I mean playing the game, filling out the map, going on an adventure. Which you cant really do because at a certain point in the game you;re required to look up a powerleveling guide.

madiccho

>I can do Undercity at level 7-8 PoTD just fine.
Congratulations, you get one-hit at level 12 with scaling on.

>Tyranny

agreed

youtube.com/watch?v=uALcmdTj4ho

Seems like you fell for the multiclassing meme
At level 11 you have what, 6th power abilities as single class?
By that time any challenge in the game is over due to how crazy some spells are
I can't even comprehend how you'd say scaling would make it harder since akin to D&D you get exponentially more powerful with each new spell level.

>GREEDFALL
Character customization?

>Now TYRANNY was good
Really?

story-wise, eh probably
mechanics-wise, yes

It doesn't really matter when your spells have a 70% chance to fail on anything your level or higher

youtube.com/watch?v=t1XfQ5M3C9Y

Attached: Petrus.jpg (1040x584, 101K)

Not after proper buffing and debuffing.
Especially on Deadfire where you can stack attribute boosts and so.

I still like cRPGs, just not shit ones like PoE2.

Yeah it was good. It wasnt a masterpiece by far, but it was a good crpg, I enjoyed it

>boost power level, accuracy, crit chance, increased damage and accuracy armor, more accuracy, more power levels, more accuracy, more crit, more grazes, more hits and crits, more damage, more penetration, more grazes, empower attack, use hardest hitting spell, min-max mage, double proc attack because of crit
>graze boss for 60 damage

Attached: 1567329876122.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

Enjoy your curse you little shit. You're staying in that fucking cave for all eternity.

That looks acceptable, might pick it up.
Why does the PC have mold growing on their face?

This right here is why most cRPGs will never gain any traction. You show this to anyone that hasn't played a lot of them and they'll have no idea wtf is going on. Hell, I don't even know what's going on. That's one thing that divinity had going for itself, the combat was clean. You could understand everything that was happening without even having played the game before.

Disease thats been ravagin the old world, you're sailing to the Islands to find the cure

Story of the game is about finding a cure for a plague.

Save yourself the time, Spider Studios have never made a good game and probably never will. Frogs can't into game dev.

You couldn't explore for shit because you would be gated by level 12 scarecrows about 20 steps outside the first town, you're supposed to do everything in the exact autistic order the dev wanted you to, the scaling on weapons was retarded and rogues were better than every class, it failed on so many levels as an rpg in balance and design

You can take out enemies higher level, you just have to get creative. If you're bad at the game then follow the intended level ranges, but you can easily skip shit. Hell I always go straight to bloodmoon island when I get to act 2 now.

Turns out they’re a dead genre for a reason. I bought fully into the hype with Pillars and Wasteland 2 only to play them and realise how bland and boring they’re were. Kingmaker was okay, the other studios clearly don’t have any talent for making isometric RPGs anymore.

Get creative, you mean pack a party with rogues and warriors, that's the opposite of creativity, the encounters in the game are overtuned plain and simple, you need to do everything in the predetermined order the dev wanted you to

It plays like a jrpg

all talk no gameplay

There were so many problems with that game. The shit story especially.

Mostly likely it’s going to be janky and shit but I hope I’m wrong. RPGs are my favourite genre but good ones are few and far between.

Dont forget the fucking armor system they added. Made me quit the fucking game.

That reason is 90% of crpgs are built that way.

Which crpg is even turn based only?

pretty much the only thing anyone talks about regarding these types of games is who they can romance and/or can gay fuck. thanks, but no thanks.

devs mostly seem to be in the you know what camp also.

Divinity original sin.
The first one was pretty good actually.

Because its trash. Divinity had some good idea, but it quickly became trash.

Does RTS like WC3 count as cRPG? its awesome.

Yeah, it's better than 2.

I haven't gotten around to playing anything from the crpg revival, been playing the classics for the first time. Underrail and PoE1 are at the top of my list.

>crpg
>"hard"

Attached: +_5fbdf37b45683b3ebe850d9319df3fbf.jpg (181x200, 6K)

People constantly complain about them being hard/unfair. Pathfinder and Underrail being major culprits.

Fuck you, don't bully him.

Fuck you, I wish I could stomp on that annoying little bastard's balls until they split open like grapes.

Fuck you too

But I do still like them.

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

No!

You sound more autistic than him

They are not really hard, just have obscure mechanics and trap choices.