Next MG

The next MG is very likely in developement.

Would you prefer it to be a remake, a new game, or a MGR2 (if Platinum aren't too busy)?

Attached: svnfo4ikmzcz.jpg (1428x2000, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-02-mobile-pes-and-esports-the-three-pillars-of-konami
youtu.be/L8pSoKfjsgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remake would seem more likely marketwise
But the Konami devs may try a new game to have more freedom with the story and gameplay.
Mgr2 isn't for now, Platinum are too busy.

Attached: 412267_10150807907815986_285152375985_9969850_1073620005_o.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

A game about the Boss would be pretty awesome, surprised they didn't at least try it as a psp sidestory type deal like peace walker was

So the demon edition was a hoax right?

Of course it was.
Why having Fukushima back when they have Murata and Etsu?

If the next game isn't a remake, a game with the boss would be a given, unless they revive the original. Mgsr project, but that's unlikely.
She is iconic, important in the serie, and an huge fan favorite.

A hypothetical game about the Boss wouldn’t be a “Solid” game. It’d be a new Metal Gear spin-off a la “Rising.”

She was said to fight just like big boss and even recruited some Soldiers. It would be called metal gear solid 0 or something.
Maybe a young Bibo or a relative to him would appear in the story.

>What I want
A Metal Gear with a new visionary director who is not afraid to be as bonkers as Kojima and do shit that would piss people off.

>What it is going to be.
Metal Gear 1,2 or MGS1 or MGS3 remake.

>Would you prefer it to be a remake, a new game, or a MGR2
Your Pic related

I would prefer it have nothing to do with any of the previous Metal Gear games.

Hows that Demon Edition coming along, Kojizzum gobbler?

I would like any game built on the MGSV engine.

>MG1 and MG2 remake with retrofitted stories to gel with new canon
>Snake voiced by Hayter, Big Boss voiced by Kiefer

Attached: Big+boss+is+shown+in+mg+mg2+w+eyepatch+so+_1ffa596d559ba18e2cc323af368619f8.jpg (130x194, 7K)

Even if a new game is in dev, you need to be a fucking retard to believe in the demon edition.
A game with the boss mostly would be new things + some scenes described by other people in her pov. Would depend if the game only cover Ww2 or until the death of the sorrow.

One idea I saw on Yea Forums that sounded pretty cool was a Metal Gear “remake” that was actually a two-parter, where you start the game as (the two) Big Boss(es) building Outer Heaven, getting attached to your own personal base and recruits, and then spend the second half as Solid Snake destroying everything that you built and killing all the friends you made.

It's happening

Attached: ohshit.png (475x795, 563K)

Would be out of character for MGS to let you play as Big Boss in full villain/warlord mode.

>a prequel to a prequel
>hey guys ACKSHUALLY there was ANOTHER prototype metal gear before the one in mgs3 hur dur dur dur
wouldn’t put it past them

MGR2 or remakes

>death stranding takes place during the invasion of normandy with the boss/cobra unit
>the entirety of the game takes place within the purgatory/birth segment
>the boss gets shot in the gut during the invasion
>she goes into labour right on the beach
>the sorrow performs a c section on her
>the handprints on normans body are the sorrows grabbing adam
>adam is sam btw
>mads is the sorrow looking for his son in the preconsious

>may 4 2019
aye its real i tell you that

Attached: oh golly.png (295x287, 121K)

Would thematically be in spirit not for the mcguffin to be a mech but for it to be a nuke prototype that the Nazis some how made through super-science or stealing american designs.

I'd want to see Kojima style russian and nazi badguys after the boring shitfest that was wolfenstein.

Metal gear liquid also would be cool. During his sas days in the gulf War.
Shagohod wasn't a MG. Just have a nazi super weapon or something. With some nazi supernatural soldiers as bosses. Commando of the unit would be the axis equivalent of The Boss.

Attached: lfw0sze0h6z01.jpg (2766x4669, 735K)

It don't matter no more.
I just want an MG 1 remake with a dual campaign from both Solid and the doppelganger's perspectives. Just a little bit of what MGS V failed to deliver on. Then they can dump that shit.

Stop with this caramel.
The Ww2 part of ds is a very minor part.
Now go waste yourself in a ds thread and leave us alone.

Have the player be Punished Big Boss while Naked Big Boss does all the villain stuff off screen.

I dunno man I was just looking for something that made use of TPP's gameplay that isn't some dogshit zombie survival garbage.

Survive was part of V (well, mgo3) at first, it was made standalone because of the lack of success of mgo3. The story mode was made during the one year delay. Wouldn't even surprise me if another MG project already was in dev at the same time of Survive.

I remember watching a video about the development of rising and apparently the original idea for a spin off game was gonna follow the boss and the cobra unit during ww2. As much as I enjoyed rising and all of the Yea Forums memes we got out of it, the original idea still sounds awesome.

>very likely
Kek
The numbers say most of the lads on this board are very likely to have sex, yet somehow it’s not gonna happen for most of them. In closing, you should have sex OP instead of shilling for a Pachinko oriented holding corporation. If you’re actually a Konami intern that’s chained to their cubicle desk, stay strong brother, you’ll escape someday.

Attached: 2E4919D8-B2AD-4700-A32D-AA2179A2CB96.jpg (600x660, 78K)

I don't want any more jerking off the Boss. That shit basically ruined every game after 3. If you have to keep making fucking Metal Gear games get an entirely new cast, new story, new everything. No connection to the originals at all other than name and gameplay I guess. Fresh, clean new start on a new shit franchise.

When it comes to the system's evolution, it's actually not that convoluted, save for all the AI shit.

You start with Soviets' Shagohod, and the American system that wasn't referenced at that time, later evolving into ZEKE. Also that plausibly realistic drone prototype in there that no one gives a shit about.
In a MG 1 remake, they could have it so that the new system is coined "Metal Gear" with Outer Heaven's TX-55, since it falls to the American government anyways, then it transmorgophies into AT Corp's Project Irving (Gekko).

Shagohod -> ZEKE -> Godzilla bot -> MG //- Irving

Konami europe president said 3 days ago they are working on a big console project "of a globally known franchise"
Considering MG is the second most selling franchise of Konami, it would make sense for them to do one, and it align with the new vidya studio they made back in 2018.

everyone forget about this dude (metal gear RAXA) for some reasons, it wasn't really a MG but more like a prototype, made by Sokolov using Granin plans, but still cool looking.

Attached: RAXA_specs.png (860x768, 534K)

When would it be announced ?
Games award 2019 is too soon? do we really have to wait until E3 2020 or even more?

Trying to flesh out Boss's character would just ruin her even further like how they ruined BiBo.
She's supposed to be the motivating catalyst for the entire series, but how do you endow her with the qualities of a God without it being [fake]?

Games award is a no no considering Geoff is fanboying Kojima, he would be capable of ignoring Konami.
unless Sony do a PSX event or something before E3, then E3 is the most probable event.

What if we play not as The Boss but a young Zero, accompagning her in her journey ?

Attached: qwprjwpg6sj01.png (240x173, 46K)

The kicker is that it's probably the most realistic concept in the entire series.

It's literally an exaggeration of what the US military was actually doing through the 50s and 60s, sparking the whole UFO phenomenon.
These are THE alien saucers, and anybody can go and buy the civil version of the end product of this endeavor literally right now.

The next Metal Gear should be a reboot to restart Metal Gear's fanbase for the means of isolating the autism of the former (i.e. relative to the time I'm making this post, current) one somewhere else.

I read this too user, the only problem is, who knows what sort of double speak this? What does “big new console project”, “globally known IP”, “sometime in the near future”. All of this is slippery for no reason. Then of course he immediately talks about doubling down on the usual bullshit, E-sports, Mobile games etc. it would be just as likely that the big console project is a remaster, a collection or what have you. This is how these fuckers talk.

The fanbase care too much of the story, they wouldn't do a reboot, not yet.
PO also had the most realistic looking MG at the time of MG, the Intercontinental Ballistic Metal Gear
It actually almost launch a nuke and successed, unlike most of the machines that are stopped before.

Attached: intercontinental MG.png (393x711, 533K)

Didn't E3 already happen though? I figured they would do it at TGS or something since that was the same place that Survive got shat on at for its announcement.

regardless of what the next MG is, nobody is gonna buy it. MG died with Kojima left.

Mobile games work differently now in the article, apparently, they want to release console games and mobile games. they are in some kind of middle ground. still better than the last few years i guess.
they probably are working on a MG on their own with studio 3 (and have studio 1 non mobile part handling the multiplayer part of the game for esport shit and mtx shit.) , and have other studios doing project with other franchises (like recently with Bomberman R, Contra rogue corps and the ports, they are not made by Konami but other studios.)

I'm talking of next year E3.
Survive was announced at Gamescom 2016, not TGS. TGS only had the gameplay demo. while Konami are at TGS, it's mostly for their already known games, TGS is too small to announce a big game like MG.

So what MGSV should have been

You’re being just a vague as the guy, and twice as misleading for whatever reason.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-02-mobile-pes-and-esports-the-three-pillars-of-konami
The fucking article is literally called the 3 pillars of Konami. Guess what those pillars consist of? Yes he says they’ll keep releasing console games. But they have 0 incentive to do so in the way you are describing. The article makes it a point to say, Konami has done better business by scaling back console games, and using them exclusively as a tie in or marketing tool to expose people to what they actually care about.

You fucking damn knows it's a MGS3 remake. because of the pachinko controversy. (did you know they actually disbanded quickly the pachinkos and even erased the pachinko website + most videos of it on their youtube channel? i though it was curious.)
best scenario would be MGS3 remake made by one studio of Konami, and a new game made by another studio of Konami, but that would be almost impossible.
still, i love MGS3, but i would prefer a new game.

Eh, i guess we will see, only time will tell.
but they did some alright changes lately, so who knows.
like i said, only time will tell.

If thats the case its maybe they are leaving it since Cyberpunk and Death Stranding will be the focus for everyone at the moment. That said I doubt there will ever be a good time considering the rep they have now.

E3 would be a good time, with the next gen starting, or even before if Sony do an event, most MG games actually were announced first at Sony events.
DS is a PS4 exclusive, but Kojima don't work with Sony, so he would have no influence in that.

What are these “alright” changes?
Here’s the thread you made:
>New Metal Gear game very likely in development
>immediately cite interview as some sort of proofs they are working on something
>interview literally says how much they love Mobile games, PESoccer, e-sports and yu-gi-oh. Points out they make more money off this than doing console shit, one bullshit corporate speak line about how we’ll continue to make innovative console games. Of course in the context of using it to get people to download mobile shit.
>holy shit guise it’s pretty much confirmed, you think it’ll be Rising 2 or the OG Boss?
What is your horse in this race OP?

Survive 2 featuring The Boss.

I'm not OP but
>New vidya studio made last year, was used in no known project
>big part of oldKJP still here, not seeing since Survive
>A pretty big member of the old Kojipro recruited back, not seeing in any project since he returned back in 2017 (mobile included)
>MG survive producer, Korekado, who is now the MG producer (he worked on MG games since MGS1, had multiple roles in the past and also produced MGRR), said MG survive was far from the "future of MG", meaning he knew something about the future we don't know about.

Can't happen after the ending of Survive. (and the bad sales.)
people like to meme "survive 2" but it literally can't happen, the story of Survive do everything to NOT have a sequel.

liquid is batshit insane, no way they're gonna make about him, not even kojima would do it

the safest (and also the best) choice for konami is MGS3:remake

MGR2 would be nice too

>Game is set in WW2
>The subtitle has a "Vietnam war movie that was made in the 80s" style to it

youtu.be/L8pSoKfjsgw
Give up leaker faggot, it's dead, only gacha and mobile shitto desu

This video is 3 years old, soon to be 4.

AND IT'S STILL RIGHT

Konami did plenty of changes. they may not be completely back, but they are still getting better.
i'm pretty sure the next 5 years are going to be better than the last 5.

Hayter is going to voice Snake again.
i'm not sure about that....i'm so used to Kiefer now...

Peace Walker is MGS5, they took the number out because they didn't think a numbered game should be on a handheld. That's why MGSV is V and not 5. V is the sidestory.

Then again, they may not do a MGS6 for the next one, even if it's with the boss. they may do the "portable ops" route and only give the game a title.
or just call it MGS0 i guess. but it would be a little weird.

just release the HD collection on Steam already graargh

Xbox one users are the winners in term of MG games, HD collection + MGRR are retrocompatible.
PC and PS4 fags only got the PSnow for now.
they may wait the next gen to release a new collection.

the PS3 is more compatible as you can play 4
every game in the series apart from 4 is playable on PC too, but the only way to enjoy 3 is via a ps2 emulator

I was speaking of this gen.
MGS4 emulation is now almost perfect though, and it's also playable on the PSnow