You can't find a to PSP RPG list written during or after 2011 that doesn't have this game at or near the very top of...

You can't find a to PSP RPG list written during or after 2011 that doesn't have this game at or near the very top of the list, and yet almost nobody heard of Trails in the Sky upon release and the only reason it had any success at all was because it got a timely PC port a few years later. Do gamers need to start paying attention more to lesser-known gems?

Attached: 13bedc1f2be2c4a506b5d64bf854c65d.jpg (597x1024, 110K)

Devs probably shouldn't release undermarketed niche games on hacked consoles.

i think hidden gems used to be a thing because you weren't surrounded by gaming media stuff 24/7 and things like twitter or youtube/twitch, but now every release gets properly milked even without any dev effort

tried to play it and the shitty rpgmaker-tier artstyle made me drop it instantly.

This, pretty much.

Hello zoomer

Attached: 1562373426623.jpg (745x800, 143K)

Oh was it not shiny enough for babby

There's literally no reason to play this on psp when pc version exists.

>psp rpg list
Yeah because there were so many good rpgs on the psp right?

Yeah. Actually.

Surely you jest. JRPGs were the PSP and vita's bread and butter.

JRPGs were all it had.

It's only worth were jrpgs

Attached: 1557189735639.jpg (1391x2205, 1.86M)

Seen threads about trails and eventually gave it a try when i asked if it can run on toasters plus i haven't really played games as much

playing cold steel and have been enjoying it so far

or should i have played a title that's beginner friendly?

i torrented it because i don't have a bank account...yet, but i do plan on buying it

Attached: 1567479375448.png (400x429, 311K)

Formula Front on PSP is great

No, because OP's pic related aged like milk.

Durante did such a fucking good job on Cold Steel, it really can run on fucking anything. He optimized the shit out of it.
You can start there, it's fine, just know that there's 5 games of prestory you might want to catch on at some point, ideally before you start Cold Steel 3.

Not in the slightest. TiTS has aged very well it's just you're an adhd retard who can't enjoy a comfy rpg

This, it's aged amazingly.

It aged pretty fucking well, there is no way a turn-based rpg with turbo mode added ages bad, also it has one of the best design i've ever seen, it was like playing a fairy tale you dreamed of as a kid.
Which is all good and flowers if you don't count the terrible atrocious pacing and filler anime moe-tier moments that plague 90% of this piece of garbage.

Attached: 1565676941056.jpg (336x460, 30K)

Imagine spending money developing a game and making physical copies and then not spending a cent on marketing.
Imagine how many games get forgotten this way.

Cold Steel is absolute fucking dogshit and I dropped it after fifteen minutes.
t. love all three Sky games, have 100%ed all of them on Nightmare difficulty.

Sky 1 does not get good in 15 minutes. Why did you drop Cold Steel so fast?

Ehhh you can quickly notice the chemistry between the co-protagonists in sky as well as the strong soundtrack.

Sounds like bullshit to me, family. Sky 1 doesn't play it's hand for hours. Neither does Cold Steel.

>that doesn't have this game at or near the very top of the list
Japanese lists don't even recommend it
Based japbros and nonEOP shitters instantly recognize kiseki for the kusoge franchise it really is
The PSP is a gem for JRPGs/SRPGs but kiseki and other falcom shit other than oath in felghana just don't cut it sorry bro life's too short to spend 50 hours with mediocre sol dialogue and a shitty plot or a shitty chuuni infested patlabor clone

Attached: 1517077479232.jpg (573x681, 47K)

Are you illiterate? Read my post again, the chemistry between Estelle and Joshua is apparent right away as is the soundtrack

Highschool bullshit setting
Side characters that all clearly exist just to fellate the mc
Chuuni bullshit to the extreme right from the beginning (Sky got there eventually with Kevin and Joshua, but fuck, at least it took a while, and Estelle was a good counterbalance against it the whole time).
Generally just a game that made my eyes roll so fast I was feeling dizzy.

zoomy zoom zoom zoom!

>my post
>new IP

What chuuni bullshit is in the first 15 minutes of Cold Steel?
Did you have an issue with the multiple school chapters in the Sky trilogy too?

>what is phoneposting
Yep.. Not just illiterate but also retarded

Estelle...

Attached: 1541054463638.jpg (871x716, 140K)

if rean was a girl and cold steel was an otome entry with some optional /u/ not only would the entire fucking script make sense, the game would be 1000% better too

Nobody cared about the PSP by 2011 and those who still did pirated the shit out of its library. Sky FC's original release was a major victim of this and the game sold like shit.

based

Attached: 1551187925563.jpg (800x1000, 95K)

I really hope we get a female lead again in Calvard. I'm tired of sausage.

Haha...

Attached: 1565204140199m.jpg (1024x721, 98K)

Imagine what could've been..

Imagine the memes of femRean cucking Estelle out of Joshua in cs4

It's a known fact yuriniggers have zero taste so it's not surprising

>Reana/Crow would just be a straight up copypaste from Kloe/Lechter

Yoshua is more into Ash now though.

Attached: 1545528146766.jpg (768x1024, 238K)

Sky 1 gives you a huge mystery since the very first minutes of the gameplay that ties directly into relationships between the main leads

imagine the relationship with crow haha

Well, to be fair, Cold Steel can't offer much mystery since the entire plot is spoiled in Ao.

Bros how badass would ogre Reana have been

Modern Falcom should not be trusted with female leads unless you want the game to be a flaming trash heap catering to all the wrong people

I liked Dana.

yuri would make it even better though

Attached: 1541068207497.png (817x1000, 607K)

That's the problem.

Attached: 1538188255666.png (690x868, 1.16M)

I would want her so I can actually fap to fanart including her with her girl and boy harems instead of complaining about it ngl

I don't have to. Meet Alisa Schwarzer and Rean Armbrust.

Attached: sen_early01.jpg (1180x750, 865K)

Dana weren't main character, Adol was and soaked up most of the protagonist cliches.
This allowed Dana to avoid them and get her soul crushed to powder in the process.

I liked Yunica a lot as well.

Wot. The first 15 minutes of Sky is literally just walking around town and talking to people with nothing happening beyond minor world building.
It sounds like you just let other people form your opinion for you and just went in wanting to be angry.

Attached: 1543375784595.jpg (256x274, 16K)

First 15 minutes of Sky present you a huge mystery of Joshua's origins that is slowly unraveled all throughout the game.

Yunica is fucking ancient at this point.
She was also by far the worst out of protagonist trio.

for me it was the cringy dialog or maybe this game was aimed at teenage girls I dunno

Haha, thats our Stelle fucking his brother.

First 15 minutes of Cold Steel present you with a mystery of where is Crow and Millium during the attack on the railway guns?
A mystery unanswered to this day.

>the first 15 minutes of Sky is literally just walking around town
That was what I liked about it, actually.

Attached: Estelles.jpg (1024x701, 168K)

>Sky got there eventually with Kevin and Joshua
Both of those never soaked up as many LN tier faggotry as Rean.
Granted Sen 4 removes 90% of it, but it was fucking jarring.
Joshua is still improving and not at Loewe's tier yet, Kevin needed a full game to unlock the potential of his own power and fix up his own issues.

Agreed, it does look crappy, but people look past that because the world it builds is so detailed and consistent. I almost dropped it for that but once I started getting into the world itself I played through all three.

Well?

Attached: 1567677684902.png (859x1073, 1.06M)

Clearly KeA saved Crossbell yet again.
You're welcome.

No. If your head wasn't up your ass you'd be using a more practical weapon.

Sky and Crossbell are just prologues for the main story.

Attached: 1554124974348.jpg (431x769, 41K)

What's your ideal team for the final dungeon?

Attached: 1548700544072.jpg (4127x3308, 3.66M)

It's a very underrated VN, i unironically enjoyed the first one. I started the second one but my HD died when i was 3 hours in, and haven't picked it up since
Oliver best boy

Attached: 1556363874064.png (500x441, 107K)

I honestly don'y know why more people don't bring it up with regards to female protagonists in games.
Estelle is great, she is universally regarded as a better protagonist than Rean at least.

El grande Padre should be like C tier.

The idea of such a thing as "tiers", "power levels" and so on is already far too chuuni for me, brother. And any instance of a character holding back during potentially lethal conflict with real weapons will never fail to make me seethe. SC and The Third seriously tested my tolerance for stupid LN crap at times (which is why Estelle is Bestelle for not playing into that shit and just goes all-out with an inherently non-lethal weapon), I could tell immediately in Cold Steel that it would go way past what I can accept.

Cute boys

Not according to the devs.

>
I think you've been gaslighted by mindbroken reanfags

Attached: 1554618799525.png (855x349, 38K)

Cope, the interviews are real

Attached: 20170513180209_1.jpg (1920x1080, 495K)

>"Estelle is my favorite", clean as plain in the AMA
>n-n-no but the interviews
gaslighting upon gaslighting

Attached: 1545170571699.png (500x300, 42K)

Obscure, and most people who care about that either don't play nip games or get filtered.

>Estelle never improves gameplay-wise
>not even in Sen
Why the devs insist on making her utterly useless?
Lloyd was fantastic despite being around her tier.

Attached: 1564487983077.png (600x600, 45K)

She's a tank with excellent single target damage/break in 4

Attached: 1558848315463.jpg (566x800, 94K)

Trails is hands-down the best JRPG series ever. Blows FF out of the fuckin water.
You fags don't know how to appreciate greatness and once again prove Yea Forums is filled with pedos, plebs, and tools who couldn't appreciate greatness if it wandered down the steps into the basement and slapped you upside your third chin.

Attached: dealwithit.gif (500x497, 2.45M)

Rare Estelle picture, post more

Attached: 1541508264936.jpg (566x800, 90K)

Eh, she's a good enough healer and buffer for the Sky trilogy on Nightmare in my experience.

Nope, Estelle was only his favorite to write, literally in your image. Here's the one where from the Dengeki Trails stream where he says verbatim that he's most personally attached to Rean:

>Interviewer: From the entire Kiseki series, which character are you the most attached to?

>Kondo: It has got to be Rean. This whole time these five years... even longer than Estelle!... I've been with Rean since he entered school until the end of Sen 4. There's not really any specific scene/line from him, but I've just become deeply attached to him during this whole time. While I've portrayed him for longer than others, I feel like he's also been the most human character. Estelle was a very pure character... always courageous, brilliant throughout her time. In comparison, Rean has a lot of weak and rough elements to him. He's relatable like how you view your family, you don't always just see the good parts... you see each other's weak and timid sides too. So in that sense I'd say I'm even more attached to Rean than either Estelle or Lloyd. I think Rean is the most deeply (and longest) protrayed character in Kiseki series. By the way, every time I always feel sorry for Rean. Like "Yamero, yametekureee" and all that (laughs).

Stupid Estellefag.

>Rean
>the most human character
You can't make this shit up.

Attached: asuka resentful.jpg (640x467, 48K)

This could be any brunette desu

So this is the end result of that Trails worldbuilding of over a decade... at last I truly see haha fuck you too Kondo

I love her so much bros..

Attached: 1566948938882m.jpg (724x1024, 124K)

Go back to your class Rean

Even Rean knows she's best girl and best protagonist? Based

Attached: 1565202322051m.jpg (765x1024, 76K)

Should i play Tits blind or with a guide?

Blind. Use a guide if you do a second playthrough.

Laura?

will rape Estelle too

Hell no, this game deserved to stay unknown

Reality check: It's a 2011 game, YOU are the zoomer.

Actually it's a 2004 game that just didn't get a western release until 2011

Attached: 1565896909041m.jpg (1024x864, 69K)

anyone know where to find a pre-patched version of FC for vita?

Ask falcom general on /vg/ they might

Attached: EC-u-PbUUAEuD9-.jpg (500x714, 82K)

>Ask falcom general
Haha...

The music for those Evolution remakes on vita sucks donkey dick. Ruined every single track.

Llyodo-san...

The PSP was a dead console

>crow/jusis/gaius husbando wars

Would have been based desu

Nah crow would have been viewed by all as the canon husbando and CS1-4 would be considered a love story

*sparkles at you*

>tfw they hid the twist behind anime tropes

Attached: KeA_(Zero).png (400x512, 146K)

KeA is cute and funny

Jesus, that fight was an absolute pain in the ass on Hard. I think I had the exact same party and even Richard wasn't enough. Why is Cassius so broken?
Still not quite as painful as the last Loewe fight in SC though.