Did you ever fall for the nostalgia-bait plug-n-play console meme?

Did you ever fall for the nostalgia-bait plug-n-play console meme?

Attached: playstation classic.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

Never either own the original system or just emulate.

Mostly i fell on it emulates good which isn't

I got a Nes mini it sits in the box on a shelf

I got a raspberry pi that I can make run games off a NAS via gigabit so no. Only thing it would struggle with is the ps1 which I heard the ps1 mini was basically just a repackage mednafen or something so it's not even worth the money. I just play them on the computer right now since I don't have a CRT.

The games industry just discovered open source emulators and they've been scamming you ever since.

This is the nostalgia equivalent of loot boxes.

>scamming you
You're buying hardware tho?

>Only thing it would struggle with is the ps1
pi 3 runs ps1 fine, it's the n64 with satanic architecture that emulates poorly

no, I either emulate or buy the port/remaster

did you just summon Zimbabwe

raspberri pi can generally run ps1 games with no problems. some games might have some graphical glitches but i wouldnt really say it struggles to run games.

>decent raspi is $30
>ps classic is also $30 and it comes with software and 2 controllers

hmmmmm

I threw my original psx and my ps2 to the trash the other day. My ps2 was broken tho.

I have no love for old hardware and even less for dumb plastic homages that rip you off and are designed to be on the shelf with your Funko Pops and Collector Edition figurines after you play with it one afternoon. Miss me with that gay shit.

I'm not buying physical media anymore, well, I'm not buying media at all these days.

Just once.

Attached: INTV.jpg (1000x803, 171K)

I never sold my ps1. I can play ps1 on my ps1,ps2,ps3,dreamcast and pc. I don't see anything wrong with this except the fact that snes mini runs most of the games better. It's worth it for the controller alone however. Priced matched that bitch for 20 bucks with no regret.

At least this thing is made to be played with unlike those vinyl lumps of plastic that vaguely resemble characters and are meant to be kept in their boxes because they're ugly and don't even stand on their own

no because I'm not retarded and I already own a raspberry pi

No because they never have the games I want

you can just add them yourself

I got the mini SNES for Christmas last year.
I could always just emulate them but it's much easier to play multiplayer with the mini. 80$ for 21 games is a pretty decent price anyways.

>pi
lol

great argument

I was considering getting a SNES classic, but mostly because I heard it was pretty easy to hack.

it's all you deserve for yours

Concession accepted!

This shit was sold for $20 by some stores. It was worth it just for both controllers.

Only when Nintendo did it because unlike Sony they're actually competent at porting and optimizing old titles

The thing that makes the most sense about Nintendo's strategy is that sooner or later the Switch hardware is going to be cheap enough to put into these retro cases and sold for that sort of price tag.

I bought that shit for 19 USD.

I never didn't fall for it.

Attached: 1458089212563.gif (294x250, 3.57M)

got 1 for 20 bucks installed nes / snes / genesis on it and tons of ps1 games