Was it really that good?

Was it really that good?

Attached: 1552780741818.jpg (600x826, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e1AM-wvSIV4
youtu.be/y28oD6ltNVk
youtube.com/watch?v=gw_6ZCZM8VY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep, but even if they made BC3 they will end up fucking it up with shit that they've added to the mainline of BF games.

It has soul, bf3, bf4, bf5 and bf1 have no soul

Yes. I haven't loved a game as much as bad company 2 since the first star wars battlefront came out on ps2.

bf1 has soul considering they made it themselves and then stole the funding from ea to make it.

It was good, but not that good. Overhyped as shit.

Yes because i had a friend and we would always team up in a black hawk with him piloting and me as a gunner and we would blow up on every game

I don’t ever want to see BC3 with current DICE

*Snipes the Pilot out*
Nothing personal

Yes. It came from a special era in FPS games where gameplay was largely unbalanced to the point it was fun.
If everything is overpowered, then nothing is.

Attached: woah.gif (500x234, 1.55M)

A couple of boomer tier battlefieldfags will probably say it was console casualized trash compared to BF2 or BF143, but considering it as it's own spin-off series it was just fucking fun. Before DICE got up it's own ass about realism, they just made a game that was fun to play. Destructible environments, orgasmic sound design, punchy gunfeel, and tight gameplay especially in Rush were the highlights

Absolutely.
Blasting neostead with spread addons was a fantastic feeling. Niggas were dying from me hitting them across half the map.

V I E T N A M
X
P
A
N
S
I
O
N

no, it fucking sucked, just like every other battlefield game

Hard to find a server that isn't full of russians, has players, has a functional anti-cheat system or votekick/ban enabled, active admins and has map rotation.

Yes, it was the best FPS of last gen, and destruction was a game changer.

I'm an oldfag who loved BF2, but BC3 was something special.

I will never forget the first FPS game that ever let me counter-snipe faggots...using shotguns.

I swear to fuck, getting slug kills in this game was the most satisfying thing you could do. I had so much fun I bewildered why Battlefield was one of the first and only shooters to have them

Attached: slugs.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

yes

no its not nostalgia.

Ya it was fun. BF4 by far the most feature complete and polished game at this point, but in terms of just fun on a good rush server, no BF game can compete.

SWEETWATER
JUST SHUT UP

Fuck yes.
I still play it from time to time.

Yes, the game was around rush so it was superior to every conquest battlefield

Rush game mode was the best.
It gave enough liberty to the players to be creative and be able to come up with their own strategies and also kinda retrained them to two main focus which allowed to always have balanced action and pace.

multiplayer is good, but overrated as it's a pretty shallow shooter.

>fun instead of realistic
>memorable maps
>cool weapons
>vehicles didnt blow up in one hit (or maybe they did cant recall)
>rush mode
>ok campaign
>good dlc

yeah it was solid

You had to have been there. It was amazing.

Attached: 1268362701545.jpg (766x1078, 261K)

> was

it still is - full servers every weekend

youtu.be/e1AM-wvSIV4

Attached: mein neger.jpg (600x606, 30K)

BC1 Campaign > BC2 Campaign
BC2 Multiplayer > BC1 Multiplayer
Also the M rating kind of ruined the jokey charm of the series which I feel was a mandate by EA
I can't believe DICE straight up admitted they don't know why people like BC2

killing'em with smoke grenade was even better.

Good expansion, but the TTK was awful.
also
>NVA flying hueys

>decent with helicopter
>base raping hardcore
>buddy gets their helicopter
>raping continues
>dodging tracers
>gustavs too
>win
>repeat on next map

It was fun if you weren’t the team getting assfucked

fucking hate this shit, in every BF game the flying vehicles are OP as fuck

it wasnt just the game, it was also the playerbase which hadn't completely gone to shit at that time. people from a bygone era when you could randomly be sorted into teams and expect some amount of cooperation.

which is why if you play the game today it's mostly just autists stacking teams, so it doesnt seem as impressive.

> whole team picks sniper
> pick assault
> smoke grenade my own team

ahhh it was so much fun

Attached: end.jpg (700x992, 88K)

Helicopter got blown out of the sky constantly and are not as op as in other games.

BFBC2 was good but Vietnam was pure kino

A decent helicopter pilot dictated the entire game. The gun on it was just absurd, and helicopters were already fairly hard to take down.

Yea, probably not a real bf but still the most fun in 10 years.
Is there a way to play bf2 or 2142 btw ?

> your K/D ratio is too high

Attached: baby.jpg (611x686, 37K)

>not making your team into christmas lights

Attached: yYght.jpg (1405x737, 191K)

lol no they werent, I made a clan that stole the enemies helicopters and baseraped them the entire game, no one ever shot us down unless the entire team was using gustavs

yeah, especially that russian attack chopper than can have 2 people in the back repairing it

Best battlefield game. BF2 boomers can go fuck themselves.

> when you ping the enemy sniper and see the rockets homing in on him from above

Attached: defunes3.jpg (1006x729, 158K)

ITS STILL ALIVE ON PC PLAY IT

Attached: 1567429970857.gif (508x583, 1.1M)

this

The only time i ever got locked down by a helicopter was because i was too busy trying not to get shot by everyone else on the enemy team pushing like madmen. Anyone who could fucking aim could shoot them out or hit'em with a tracer. A well coordinated armor push that didn't have tunnel vision was a far larger threat than any helicopter ever was.

Yeah the flak radius on the gunner felt OP. If you weren’t a stunt flying faggot you could control large areas of the map by letting your gunner snipe people capping point.

yes. especially the vietnam expansion pack

most people are idiots who forget you had a heli the moment you stopped shooting at them or thought someone else would take care of it If people weren't retarded they'd be shot down pretty quickly.

you can stop lying anytime now

Does it matter whether you have the Origin or Steam version?

>why do people like good map design, destructible terrain, and varied classes with good customization?
Gee wiz I dunno, probably the same reason people fucking hate Battlefront 2.

Attached: 1537371043020.png (500x500, 170K)

Hey dan

>those soundfx

Attached: 1533315588218.png (345x614, 319K)

It's easier to take down a helicopter than competently fly one. If you're mad about them then git gud.

no, its the same

Holy shit, you guys fucking suck.

Attached: 1517578918818.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

I'm sorry if the truth hurts buddy.

why doesnt someone just make their own battlefield ripoff?
cant be too hard, right? few big maps and like 4 factons would be enough, right?

it was better than bf2 thats for sure.

youtu.be/y28oD6ltNVk

That shit sucked and died a month after release,and its more of a direct BF4 clone, i was thinking more of a clone of BF2 or 1942 in terms of gameplay

>It's easier to take down a helicopter than competently fly one.

lol no, you either needed a few people tagging it with tracers or someone competently to aim at them with those laser guided rockets, which was the hardest thing to do in the game by a good margin.

The game had pretty shit balance. The aimpunch made it so guys with LMGs had a decent advantage over anyone with a 30 round magazine, and snipers were honestly kind of trash outside of their 1 hit range.

these niggers are seriously suggesting that your WEBM is more difficult to pull off than flying a heli.

They likely spent the majority of their time in the heli and so never really got much practice with anything else. He admitted above he made a clan around flying'em.

>Helo bullshit
Oh yeah, this is why I stopped playing Battlefield games. No sense of balance.

It is, yes. Flying helicopters isn't even that hard, and the gun on them was easily the strongest gun in the game bar none. It would shatter any foot soldiers you shot near and could fuck up tanks fairly quickly.

You could just be an okay pilot (flew around with a little speed and not crash) and you'd be a huge threat to the enemy team.

Yeah, that bursting flak cannon just shattered anything pointed at it.

Yes because it has this theme youtube.com/watch?v=gw_6ZCZM8VY

okay bros, what would be a good setting for a battlefield ripoff? yugoslavian wars? rhodesia?

I only did this to tryhard snipers or usas faggots. After that you pm them saying smoking is bad for your health. Did this in bf3 too but the hitboxes are weird in that game making it really hard to hit a moving target with them.

Attached: 1543780307732.jpg (449x1197, 260K)

>After that you pm them saying smoking is bad for your health
I did this now and then too and it always provoked a reaction.

>The October war
>Falklands conflict
>Iran-Iraq war

honestly they could have just released new maps and game modes for BF3 and I would be happy... really nothing newer has surpassed it.

Yes.

My favorite thing to do on Nelson Bay rush as defense was to use C4 to deforest the entire area after the first set of objectives, created this giant no mans land of death.

no, just make sure that on the steam version there might be a problem with the steam key no being good(small chance)0

BF3 sucked ass, something about it made everything feel floaty and your shots not hitting moving targets and that fucking metro map

BF2 will always be the best BF game, BC2 started the cancer.

I only pm them if they were really playing try hard and in most cases it got them super mad.

This was so lame. I shot the forest once with the stationary mg just when that map was released and never did so again after that. The only fun that was to be had when every game became like that was to stomp the defending team if you ever got to the last base.

Nope. It's literally Battlefield but for Zoomers.

I liek 1942 the best

Attached: belike-1.jpg (728x574, 46K)

Was fun for a while until it died

Attached: 970pointsforabsolutelynothing.webm (640x360, 2.97M)