Be honest

How's this game? Buy or not buy?

Attached: astral_chain_key_artwork_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg (1400x787, 371K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/vL4edct
youtube.com/watch?v=kt1bYAJwTc0&t=823s
famitsu.com/news/201909/02182434.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AvvMnQ2ylQg
twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1169782292207718402
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's amazing user, go for it.

Buy, only thing wrong with it is the investigation stuff.

im waited for a 60fps definitive edition

Game’s great. Also quite long.

I recommend it, it's a cool game. If you ever wanted to be a literal supercop in an anime-as-fuck setting, this is your jam.

It's alright. The final stretch is pretty awesome. It has a great soundtrack too.

If you love Platinum this game is 10/10 gameplay 8/10 everything else maybe a 9/10 if you like Evangelion and anime/cop tropes.
I seriously cannot believe how Platinum get's better with each new game.

Great fun.

I enjoyed it a lot, I see very few people talking about the OST which to me was pretty sweet.

Good shit. Slightly flawed, but very fun.

>nier, korra, w101, transformers
>gets better

Attached: Astral Chained Up.jpg (1240x1754, 360K)

Post your custom cops

So when do you get the Axe legion?

After you get all the other ones.

70 to 75% trough the story, I understand it's strong but I prefer faster moving Legions

Its pretty fucking great.

Yeah the axe is insanely slow, I needed to slap a bunch of Legion Speed Up abilities on it just to make it viable, and I still feel like it gimps my mobility in some fights. But I'll allow that that's very possibly my own fault for not adapting to it - I'm sure there's a way to make it work but I haven't tried hard enough to find it.

What’s the best way to get screenshots off the switch?

Use the capture button, send to SD card. Use SD on PC copy.

A card reader

I can't really make that decision for you, I've enjoyed the fuck out of it and have about 40 hours in it
File 8

What happens if you connect the Switch directly to the PC? Does it show up as a card reader or does it just charge?

I use a microSD card, which is just a good investment all around. Gives you more storage space for downloading games and you can pop it out and into your computer to upload your screenshots.

Now, I have a USB adapter for it which makes it easy because I don't know if my laptop has an SD card reader, but most MicroSD cards come with an SD mount for the micro card. I don't know if that makes much sense, but basically get a microSD card.

>mfw the bike sequence in file 09
This is super aids

Attached: 1566606819388.jpg (1014x570, 38K)

Pro strat: use the custom color slots to design your cop's armor to look like the police cars of your city/region

How do you revisit previous chapters? I saw dig spots earlier before I got beast. And what happens if you do are you stuck till the end? Do you get to keep your dp points or whatever?

Those parts were comfy tho it's the platforming that felt a bit off

At your PC, you can go to File Select. It resets progress in the file you're in currently though, so if you're going to do it, do it right at the start of a new file.

>Pt Ultimate
>damage done to Legion is transferred to protag
Unlimited Perfect Call Works.

Attached: 1473002495761.png (445x640, 33K)

She is adorable.

Attached: Marie.jpg (2469x2200, 581K)

What's the point of scribbling police/neuron/raven all over the legions' bodies if nobody outside of Neuron can see them?

Attached: 86-part.png (280x348, 40K)

Big unwashed sweaty lappies.

BECAUSE IT'S COOL

Cool thanks.

So they don't forget who their masters are

Presumably the bindings don’t become invisible before they’re attached to the Legion. Otherwise you’d have a lot of confused factory workers.

Post builds

Attached: AC.png (626x655, 718K)

I really like the defaul design, only changed very minor things (black hair and green eyes, changed the necktie and the jacket's subcolor to red so she's unique from the other cops without being too outlandish)

Attached: 2019090500363900-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 281K)

If you have a Switch buy it. If you don't it's not worth buying an entire system for.

literally, i've fell into so many fucking pits when chain jumping throughout the entire game.

It's really great user, don't let console war shit posting put you off

>female MC has panty line
Noice

I get that. I only changed the hair to a ponytail with bangs and left it like that for most of the game, but now that I'm done I'm playing around with the designs more.

imagine the smell

>don't let console war shit posting put you off

Shit posting is the sign of a good game. Whenever I see this board having a complete fucking meltdown over a game, you can bet the game is pretty good.

>mfw fighting bosses where you have to chain jump between gaps and I keep falling off

Attached: VicTgCpasRsCjHljC6J5AjN1kbsAdp4KMFfoDtRqvc.png (1024x715, 516K)

Buy it faggot
I like it a lot

Was anyone else a little disappointed that Hal is a real human and not a robot/AI?

A little, but it got better when the implication he was the old Hermit leader came along.

>that feel when first phase of Noah

Attached: r01 (3).jpg (600x600, 333K)

It's honestly not that good, it drains meter like twice as fast as the other Legions, and it's Sync attacks leave you too open to getting hit. It's a huge step down from the Arm and Beast legions.

huh? where?

>it's the platforming that felt a bit off
Platforming feels fine to me. Only problem is that the camera sticks to the Legion and doesn't show you where you will land when you make a jump from a high spot to a lower one.

Well, the epilogue, for one thing, and in the Hermit Base when you're spying on the hermits from the vents, and they talk about how the hermits used to not be so violent, and how the old leader was very conflict averse. That plus Hal's cageyness about the Hermits was very telling.

From the little I have played in the training area, I have no idea what the fuck I was even doing. How do I git gud?

>Mfw realizing that you can also send your legion out on your bike for more damage

Attached: 1541083251680.jpg (997x995, 204K)

Have you actually done the tutorials?

master perfect calling

People afflicted with redshift can see them. Chimeras and Legions become visible to normies in areas with high redshift concentrations.

Are they supposed to disappear after the send attacks? I couldn't figure out a way to make them stay, and it was really annoying to keep pressing zl

I think it's just that one attack.

I don't think so, it's basically like fighting with a yoyo

Then yeah, bike sequence was super aids.

What is the gun even good for? Does absolute shit damage and the best way to attack flyers, who should be the gun's forte, is to chain jump up there and hit them with the cattle prod.

I liked it but I wish I'd pay a bit less for it. If you find it for $50 or $40 is a must.

>mfw I got it for the sweet price of free when my online friend bought it for me

Attached: imcia.jpg (356x264, 16K)

When the hell can I get more outfits or clothing pieces?
I just beat file 9 and I'm still wearing stuff that I've had since the start

Is it just me or is shit REALLY hard to dodge or know if something is going to attack you?
The constant buzzing of the controller from getting hit is starting to piss me off.
It doesn't feel like there is any form of flinch . It's just keep dodging and hope you don't get hit.

I'm still having fun but i'm like 7 hours in and still getting hit all the fucking time even by common enemies.

Reposting:

Case 3 (NOT 2): There's a heavy chest plate in an optional Astral Plain's gate after defeating the area's boss, the chest should be to the right as you enter the boss area..

Case 3: Hidden holo-mask salesman behind a holographic wall in one of the apartment complexes near the alley you start in. Skull and Hermit holo-masks can be bought there.

Case 4: After acquiring the Arm legion after the boss fight, move back to the staircase room and chain jump across to a gate that can be lifted with Arm Legion, the goggles are in a chest.

Case 4: In Harmony Square near a burger joint there is a hologram wall that leads to a hermit mask salesman. Hermit faceguard and Vendor-0 faceguard can be bought.

Case 5: At the Aegis Institute you can find bandages for your eyes in one of the medical rooms behind Akira's.

Case 6: A cardboard box hat is under a staircase in the area you are tracking Douglas with the Beast Legion.

Case 7: Square Glasses B can be found in the room where you have to rescue Richard and Alan. Look for a short staircase and hug the wall behind it to find the glasses.

Case 7: Cat holo-mask on the pipes in the area where you have to save Alan and Richard.

There's a headset down a tunnel near where the homunculus attacks (look for 4 gates inside, then you know its the right tunnel.)

The civilian mask is found in the Blue Case to hunt down the elemental, same area where you rescued an unknown police man by laying him down on an automated stretcher, inspect the red gash in the ground to start the case and find it in the optional astral plane it leads you to.

To get the officers mask, head to the car park that houses the elevator that leads to the homunculus boss fight, DON'T GO UP THE ELEVATOR but instead search around until you find a garage door that the Arm Legion can lift, past this is a boss fight that after won you can use your Axe Legion to break through a barrier near there to get the police helmet inside a chest.

Case 8: help Billy (the guy with the sunglasses) take down a terrorist plot and earn a pair of sunglasses of your own.

Misc Rewards: the skin tight body suit the suit your sis wears while in her coma is unlocked by giving the toilet fairy Bel all 12 toilet papers from visiting all the toilets in the game.
The casual outfit is automatically aquired at the start of chapter 10.
The Lappy suit is acquired from collecting all special Lappy items, 6 in all.

Realized that at the last second.
Wondered why it took years to kill anything during that section.

Absolutely based
Thanks user

Do you ever unlock actual hairstyles, or is that it

ARK
R
K

I thought he was a robot for far too long but I prefer that he isn't, he doesn't seem very robot like. Also means I can ship him with Olive

Note that that isn't everything, that's just some stuff you find in the wild. I think a good handful of items are rewards for orders.

please respond am I fucking retarded?

Wonderful 101 is legitimately one of Platinum's best games.

Dodge only has a few invincibility frames. If you are surrounded by enemies when you do it or perfect dodge the first hit of a combo, you'll most likely get fucked. Best thing you can do is perfect call which will make your legion attack and thus interrupt the enemy.

Yes you are. Almost all the time the enemies have tells. Dodging doesnt have a million i frames nor do most sync attacks, only use syncs when you think youre free.

Buy, it's a great fucking game. Platinum learned a lot from Nier Automata, and made something both unique and fun to play.
On the other note, when I started playing, I actually did not know that you can customize your clothes. That's really cool.

Attached: LnTM0Fo0HP4.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

The fuck is a Perfect Call?

Got it for 44€
Didnt know amazon gives you money back for a preorder if its cheaper anywhere else the day it launches

Fucking buy. Great game and great bang for your buck.

Always a bike section in platinum games.

Calling the Legion with ZL the moment you're about to/getting hit. It's basically a parry.

Perfect Call is like perfect dodge. Except instead of jumping out of the way, you summon your legion to parry and counter the attack.

I forgot, was it automatically available or a unlock for every legion?

>digging the game the entire way through
>beat it
>"wow, pretty cool game"
>file 12 unlocks
>like 50 pure combat missions open up
Probably the best game I'll play all year.

Its in the skill tree for every legion.

Unlock.

>Normies

Attached: IMG_2767.jpg (94x93, 5K)

You're retarded.
But real talk the timing is very tight and varied for each attack, you have to anticipate it well and have a gain a mastery over controlling the battlefield to make sure you can get dodges and perfect calls going.
Get the Axe Legion and practice perfect calls with him, he has the largest parry window and will help you get a feel for the timing when you start perfect calling with other legions/ dodging in general.
Also for multi attacks either perfect call or dodge out of the way to safety, positioning and waiting for the right time to strike is the most important thing in this game.

There was an Olive case where you're surrounded by high level archer chimeras in harmony square. It was a really good duck and cover weapon.

mfw the game is all sold out near where i live and i may have to just pay extra to get it off amazon or get a digital copy

Attached: [WhyNot] Steins;Gate - 23 β [1D129848].mkv_snapshot_17.52_[2015.12.04_11.55.14].jpg (1280x720, 47K)

The loli NPCs are pretty hot

I heard there was a hermit hideout in the stealth Brenda rescue file. Is that not true?

Crowd control and movement with it's motions attacks, big damage with charged sync attacks, getting into a good position with its delay attack and range, getting headshots for crit damage.
Also with the right legion there are some good combos you can do that keep large amounts of enemies in check.
Optimally you should be weapon switching like dmc to make the most out of your offense rather than simply sticking with the baton and having down time on damage while your far away or moving out of the way.

You have to unlock it in the skill tree

I just copied and pasted something another user posted last night. It's really frustrating because the folks that make guides for this kind of thing are really slow on the uptake this time.

That's kind of hot

I beat the game
do I start the post game cases, go back through stages trying to s+ everything and get all the collectibles, or do a playthrough on the harder difficulty?
on the new difficulty do I still have to do blue cases and shit again or does it carry over?

Definitely worth it. The first 3 chapters are slow, but after it becomes one of the best games I've played all year.

Fuck guys, should I play as the dude or the girl?

Attached: 1482082855202.jpg (1024x860, 147K)

I found a neat bug.
I you an enemy kills you but simultaneously sends you flying off a ledge, you will be pulled back up to the edge with your legion and, since fall damage isn't supposed to be lethal, the game will give you 1hp without popping an extra life, essentially negating the death.
Niche use but interesting nonetheless.

Attached: 1567175258176.jpg (600x306, 70K)

>Case 3: Hidden holo-mask salesman behind a holographic wall in one of the apartment complexes near the alley you start in. Skull and Hermit holo-masks can be bought there.
This is in Case 6, too. Just checked. Might just wanna change this to "Harmony Square" instead of limiting it to file.

Do the post game cases if you're not in the mood to investigate. If one of Olive's cases gets too hard you can always take a break and go try for an S+ on a file or go unlock things.

>you have to clean up red matter in the astral plane

Attached: brain fuck.jpg (1500x843, 114K)

Girl.

That's not in Harmony square though, that's in the alleyways in case 3, which isn't in Harmony Square. It's also easy as fuck to find. I guess the salesmen just sell the same thing.

The guy gets a better theme for battle but the girl's theme is better as music in general. Choose the one you want more.

cute girl with cute butt

Are the cosmetics they sell different even though it's the same place?

If you love Platinum it's a pass. You'll be disappointed.

If you don't care about Platinum or only sorta like them it's worth a shot

It's a 6/10

Dude because Raven FemAkira is cute

Girl, she has a better theme song.

Girl, the sibling you pick is kind of a fag either way, but it's easier to contextualize the guy being a whiny and insecure fag

Attached: 20190830_180425.jpg (268x325, 62K)

If you like the fem Akira's default look, I say go dude. That way you get to hear her talk and feel like a character rather than a self insert.
I didn't like the dude's default so I'd rather customize him to look cooler.

so I wasn't the only one experimenting with weapon switch

Attached: trying out weapon switch midcombo.webm (1280x720, 2.33M)

This, the other sibling can be kind of a bitch, so letting the dude be the bitch leaves the girl to be the badass cop wife.

A good cop always leaves a place cleaner than when they found it

Attached: IMG_2768.jpg (545x591, 95K)

fuck I meant to reply to

I was just think I'd want to unlock more outfits and shit before I run out of things to do in them
I don't know if I want to actually look for all the secrets myself or just use a guide though

Yeah. Plus, strong and silent women are hot.

cleanmind

Attached: EDeQJpPU4AAfDEs.png (877x866, 248K)

what are the duty report passcodes?

>just use a guide though
Good luck with that, I'm having a damned hard time finding anything. I could find literally nothing telling me where to get File 08's toilet. user last night told me it's in the red matter cleanup section near the end before the labyrinth. Quote:

>its behind one of the huge pillars, use Arm Legion to reach it with platforms.

So what you're saying is that it doesn't feel fine for you.

if this game had characters and writing worth a damn it would be fucking amazing
I wish I could've cared about anything in the story

Oops. Meant the case 4 one. My bad.

How the flying fuck do you beat Olive's case at the ARI?

Those Raven officers are fucking cancer and are on your dick the second they spawn, they relentlessly chase you down if you try to escape to catch a breath and use an item, and the part where the fucking boss spawns has two of those little shits spawning in the middle of it and more showing up as you get the boss's health down. These have been easy so far and then suddenly difficulty just spikes on the ARI case.

Seriously, fuck this case.

Attached: 1346128545861.jpg (535x535, 40K)

muh

>first Nier
>now this
Platinum is dead. Bury it.

Axe legion perfect calls and shielding skill, Arrow Legion with time stop skill or ability set, making use of binding foes, and I think the mission gives you stun bombs which are really useful, along with a heaping helping of get gud.

It's 360 ZR attack plus sync combo is great at crowd control, especially with arrow legion. It feels weak at first but it's really underrated. It just takes some getting used to. Charge shots are strong as well and it's great for flying enemies. Honestly, the big cleaver mode is the only form that I don't like as much. Baton plus gun is all you need, speed is key.

Gun+Arrow legion sync shots are a good way to deal with enemies at a distance.

WAIT, YOU CAN CHARGE SHOTS?

Attached: OverTime_Thief_Sentai_Lupinranger_VS_Police_Sentai_Patranger_15_A158AFB2.mkv_snapshot_23.21_2018.05. (1440x810, 125K)

>You will never pull down lappy’s pants and fuck the sweaty ass within

The life of a cop isn’t fair.

This. I'm pretty sure the story was written with the female protag in mind.

Gladius is def not as useful as the other two, but besides breaking shields it's actually really useful in air combos since you get a lot of hang time damage per hit if you need to move away quickly, especially against the little dudes that buff others, since it kills them in less than a full combo, and also best for baiting perfect calls.

Birthday.

I feel like I should mention this but for those who didn't know, the arm legion has 360 and back/forward ZR attacks when your wearing it. The 360 is a spin attack and the back/forward is a rocket punch followed by a sync attack into that sweet sexy laser barrage that we've seen in the trailers.

Also, the sword legion has a strong snyc attack if you successfully slice an enemy in blade mode and stun them. The sword legion's 360 snyc attack is also this massive combo where you swing it around like a huge as sword and it's cool as fuck. The main thing I love about this game is that the legion design is top fucking notch.

Does that also apply to File 12?
Apparently it has 71 cases to do and I'd hate having that roll back every time I felt like replaying an older file

Arm Legion mode also has a charge attack that grabs an enemy and pulls them to you I believe.

H A R M O N Y S Q U A R E
A
R
M
O
N
Y

S
Q
U
A
R
E

Dude if you wanna self insert and have all the lady cops wanna fug you.

Chick if you wanna make a qt cop waifu.

Simple stuff.

Upgrade your baton. The combat in this game significantly improves one you unlock charge, 360, and back/forward inputs. Same thing once you unlock the ZL inputs as well. Like arm you can instantly use the rapid punch move with 360 ZL.

What did they mean by this?

I find it funny that his English VA is also 9S, doubly so when Hal also wears a goddamn blindfold and is a hacker-type.

Nah. File 12 is not a file like the other ones. It's just a hub.

I've upgraded up to like level 7 I think, can't get any further cause I can't get any premium material code.

Only get it of you want to play a super cop and do mundane cop things like help kids find their parents or rescue people from the astral dimension. There's an even split between investigating cases, dungeon platforming, and raw combat, not including the 71+ combat focused post game missions.

Arm legion perfect call sync attack just steamrolls anything that can get staggered by it

I doubt it considering the CE art (And the inner box art) are of the Male MC in the police gear and the Female MC in the Raven gear.

Critical damage abilities seem good on arrow because you can go slowmo shooting mode and head snipe them. I've got energy saving abilities for arm to let me wear the armor longer.

a kind user posted this dodge guide in another thread
imgur.com/a/vL4edct

The hot pants tech alone makes the game worth a buy

Cool. Also when does the mission for the final Lappy item pop up? I'm 5/6 on them and the only Cases I have right now are like 6 basic combat missions.

Not even a charge attack. Just ZL with an enemy in your sight. Really fucks up those slimes.

That was most likely done for advert reasons, dudes sell action games better than girls.

>people complaining about the dodge
the only time i ever had trouble dodging was with noah and the ravens

the former is because he barely gives you any time to squeeze a combo in and the latter was because the ravens stunlock you with their shitty peashooters that do a paltry 8 damage per hit

There's not really any point in discussing what's canon, the launch trailer seem to lean more towards girl MC for one.

I just finished the game and obviously I'm a huge brainlet because I don't get the story/ending at all
please help

Attached: 3b4.png (500x314, 16K)

Fair enough, ran male myself and things seemed fine with Female Akira. I also kinda like the male varient of Dark Hero more too. I think it's cool that File 12 opens with your MC choice actually doing the monologue, it's the only time you hear them talk as MC instead of Akira

>that one red case where you fight multiple elementals

God I fucking hate these faggots. Literal fireball stunlocking hell. This is the one enemy type that I can't stand. I hate the way they made the burn ailment cause you to just freeze in place like a faggot.

basically DUDE EVANGELION

never watched it

Yoseph wanted to turn the world into crystal tang.

Commander of Neuron had a secret goal of causing instrumentality by creating the ultimate Chimera in Noah and assimilating humanity into it. Jena supposedly wanted to stop that but also talked about shit like salvation and kept trying to kill you and be vague. Somehow Akira comes back or a clone of her, but either way Neuron is back on track with Olive in what the team regards as their new commander position and everyone's got a Legonis now. Not much to really get or think about.

Are their any cute girls? I only buy games with cute girls.

why do these postgame cases feel so soulless

Attached: lappy_2.png (1279x913, 2.12M)

Do abilities stack if I equip 2 or more of the same?

Nah, he's a full cyborg. Those are his real metal arms and I assume he's got some sensor shit going on with the eye mask. It was either the bio entry or the lappy quiz that outs him as a so called cyborg, so he's definitely augmented, which is cool as fuck.

Because it's just killing stuff.

who were the three voices Yoseph was talking to in this one scene?
what was Jenas plan?
why was Max the axe legion?
why did Yoseph need us at the end? he was just fusing clones, could have done that without us
what the fuck was the astral plane in the first place?

do you get another ending when you choose the other answer at the ending?

>tfw when slow+10%++ and crit dam+300%++

Attached: 1564981541462.png (1000x1000, 620K)

SEELE. Mysterious greedy assholes funding the ARK I guess.

To let the Astral Plane destroy the world because that'll archive the world in the astral plane? I don't know, she was crazy and vague, and never really told the twins about what Yoseph was actually doing so she has no right to be so fucking surprised.

Same reason that one cop whose whole thing is being really into shooting and target practice ends up with the fucking ARM legion at the end but also because he's a protector, I guess. Axe is the shield legion basically.

I didn't really get the impression he DID need us, honestly. He seemed to regard us as pointless now, his plan was already in motion.

An alternate dimension? It's probably in the data logs somewhere.

Someone point Jena to a shower.

how do you put abilities and shit like 30% crit onto legions or weapons?

>what the fuck was the astral plane in the first place?
It's basically a fuckhueg data storage device.

Male Akira's characterization seems like it makes more sense to me, with him being a bitter bitch that his sister is one-upping him at every turn. Plus, his initial cockiness after coming back as a Raven officer fits much better than female Akira acting the same way.

>not running in the first panel
Whoever made this fucked up hard.

kek

That should be good enough
You should have the assault attack, the charge attack, the pause attack and the 360 attack for every weapon (which also each come with a unique sync attack)

>not wanting a dirty paizuri where she uses blue evolt as lube

Is it even possible to get anything other than an S+ in the File 12 cases? I feel like they throw so much shit at you at once that you're bound to fulfill almost every bonus criteria there is.

How do I do the pause attack again? I upgraded it without paying attention to what I press for it, and I dunno how to look at the command again

>I didn't really get the impression he DID need us, honestly. He seemed to regard us as pointless now, his plan was already in motion.
yeah but he told us he's glad we came so he didn't have to search us

Make a throwaway Twitter account. The Switch lets you tweet out screenshots. Then you can just view the tweet and download it to your PC/phone.

Was really looking forward to this game, but i didn’t have time to play it this week. Is it still worth buying, or is all the hype gone?

Finished the story yesterday after 25-27h, now doing engame stuff.
Honestly it's fucking great, but the combat takes a looong time to fully open up. Once you understand how the combat works and each legion's function it's porbably one of Platinum's best combat systems. Doing perfect calls, throwing your legion around and jumping to them while switching on the fly is really fucking fun. Also there's a shitton of enemy variety. The story was ok, some kino moments but the writing was nothing special. Overall a 9/10 for me, it's tied for goty alongside DMC V.

Attached: 1554562012673.png (332x300, 91K)

Could it be that you have a low opinion of men in general?

He seems like the kind of asshole to gloat, honestly. Also we were loose ends. I guess it helps him account for us.

ehem
FUCK THE LAST BOSS
FUCK INSTA KILL MOVES

thank you

If you enjoy platinum games go for it

Attack, short wait, attack.
It's in the help menu.

The game never had soul to begin with, it’s all about the gameplay (which is mediocre but overly cinematic)

So what's the reasoning of not giving back your allies their legions?

Thats waifufags for you.

What do you think of the local super boss?
>youtube.com/watch?v=kt1bYAJwTc0&t=823s

I'm missing a lappy piece
I got the one from brenda and all the orders
where is the last one

What the fuck does E-Convert Range do?
Does the Legion have to be put away to do a perfect call, or am I just fucking up the timing every time?

I'm loving the game, but half of the mechanics aren't explained.

I'm so fucking shit at the combat
mostly getting D ranks, but it's still a lot of fun

they are fused in your core, can't seperate them I think

Not that user, but could it be that you have a low opinion of women in general, if you think the other way around makes more sense?

Dunno but at the end they get new legions plus better technology (pretty sure based on the twins' cells) to avoid losing control again anyway.

astral chain is probably one of the easiest games to get S+. Just switch constantly, it doesn't matter if you get hit a bunch or even if you get knocked down, just change your legions and use their abilities and specials a lot.

Legions have to be on standby for a perfect call, you can recall your legion and quickly call them to perfect call them

AAAAAAA SOME NIGGER JUST RAN INTO ME ON THE STAIRS AND FUCKED MY ICECREAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1564101178222.png (843x768, 521K)

>Die twice because I don' think to use bladewolf to run away
>Damn, I'm not gonna get an-
>S+!
okay

>Legions have to be on standby for a perfect call
Useless, I'll just grind for parry codes, then.

It's all about being flashy.

>action game boss fight
>25 minutes
Jesus Christ.

Attached: sweat.jpg (300x300, 25K)

I fucking love how this game fucks everyone used to ranks be about not getting hit at alll and not using items, it took all you off of guard and is hilarious.

Agree with everything except with Jena's plan. Her plan was to merge chimeras and humans, so there's no more conflict. it's batshit insane but what do you expect

Also armsbro is based

Attached: 1748329534.png (1498x888, 415K)

>Avoids making any synch attack.
I guess it is because is extremely risky?

I agree, arms is great, I just found it hilarious that the sharpshooter ends up with a close combat legion.

how do I get a picture of olive and brenda together

So much this. Female Akira is a much worse fit for the story.

What's the fastest way to grind for cash?

You'll see them together at some point in the story. Most of the photo ops happen during missions.

Honestly not much hype for the game to begin with so you may as well play it. It has its flaws but when you get all your combat options unlocked, it gets really fun and the story has a really hype climax.

He likes shooting things and arm has huge guns.

I've already beat the game but I don't remember when they're together

can find and feed cats
10/10 game

You probably don't have access to enough game mechanics or moves yet.
There's two ways to get S+
Go fast and never get hit
Go fast and use every single attack you have access to

Just had this happen to me in File 3 today against Cerberus. Was some cool stuff, honestly. Was honestly expecting there to be a unique death scene for falling off a ledge at 1hp or getting killed and flung off, but nope. Restores you to 1 hp. Could probably cheese some fights with it, if you're clever enough.

I see, finished the game but mostly used the sword legion because I liked it the best, never switched much around

File 9,on the helipad

Swordbro is still my favorite. My least favorite is probably Arrow Legion, I only ever use it for flying fuckers who camp in the air

guys I think I want to stick my dick in the vending machines

Does anyone have a list of where all the IRIS voices are? I only have A, B and G

>Useless.
>Strongest attacks with great utility on all the legions.
>Can be done in a split second and easily baited.
>Gives you one of the highest point values for landing them for your score.
>Instant energy refill so you can spam your strongest attacks.
lol

Attached: 1560131492053.jpg (526x571, 28K)

>Once you understand how the combat works and each legion's function it's porbably one of Platinum's best combat systems.
This is a troll post right?
>tied with DMCV
Yep.

S ranking early missions on your first playthrough is borderline impossible. You only have a few tools at your disposal and the damage you do is pitiful.

ARMGANG REPORTING IN

Attached: starplatinum.gif (498x278, 2.84M)

1. Mysterious org providing funding. Maybe we'll learn more about them if there's ever a sequel
2. It was either to just let the chimeras do their thing and archive humanity in the Astral Plane OR it was to fight the Astral Plane by evolving humanity into better chimeras. Either way, her plan would have allowed people to remain as individuals (albeit everyone would be monsters) which was counter to Yoseph's plan of fusing everything with the Astral Plane into one eternal being with him at the helm.
3. I think the implication is that the escaped Legion were attempting to absorb their masters. They mention in the file where you get the Arm Legion that they're specifically targeting their previous controllers so I think the Axe Legion was the only one who succeeded in doing that and once you captured it and it became tame again, Max's personality came back with it and you find out it was him all along.
4. I don't think he did. I think he just wanted to make one last attempt at convincing the twins to join or else he was just gonna absorb the twins by force/kill them. He makes it pretty clear that he is ready to move on with his plans with or without them though. When he said he they saved him the trouble of tracking them down, he just meant that he knew they were the only thing potentially standing in his way and that he'd need to deal with them before moving forward.
5. As Jena explains it, some infinite archive of all existence, like some sort of parallel dimension that seeks to consume civilizations and store them forever. Might be it's the true nature of the universe and all existence comes from the Astral Plane and is eventually returned to it, like some sort of pseudo Matrix kinda shit. Or it could be like some dimensional version of the Reapers and it just sits and waits until civilizations advance too far and then it kicks in and goes to archive them for no discernible reason. The data logs Jena gives you seem to imply that it has happened before.

so in the end when you choose I can't do it
your arrow legion just gets out and kills the fucker?

You can dismiss them with R and then immediately perfect call them afterwards. Perfect call is strong as fuck.

>astral chain
>dxm
>pirating code vein
gonna be a good month

Glad I didn't wuss out and did it together with Axe Legion then.

No, it's just that I've seen plenty of anime and tryhard edgey boys are a pretty common trope in anime.

Plus, anime girls aren't usually the ones making heroic sacrifices at the end.

>"It's different, that means it's bad!"
Bet you hated W101 too.

There's several files from Jena that are locked by a 4-digit code. Does anyone know what they are or how to get them?

Deimos is a fucking cancer boss
I hate this fucker so god damm much

Attached: 1545369479770.jpg (741x697, 197K)

MC birth date.

BZZZZT
BZZZZZZT
BZZZT
BZZZZZZT

>there's an order for s+ing every mission on both difficulties

Attached: 1508565344807.jpg (484x750, 100K)

I got the Axe Legion and I'm having a lot of fun. Its long, there's lots of different gameplay styles mixed in that are well done and the legion gimmick is well thought out and used in all aspects of the game. It's great. But I did get the feel that I wanted to play DMC5 instead and stopped playing to play DMC5 this morning. Take that for what you will.

where the fuck is the toilet and the item on the ground in file 1

so did they play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 during the development?
>fighting with your legion/blade conected with a chain
>stuff literally is data in cores
>people fusing with cores
>blades/legions fusing with humans
>aegis

Have you thanked your toilet fairy today, Yea Forums?

That was the moment when I realized that police brutality could be justifiable.

>360 attack for Jojo-bros
>Armor attack for HnK-chads

Attached: it's time.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Nothing special.

Attached: pbs_twimg_com_media_EDlkseVU4AAt.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>carry boxes at helicopter port
>suddenly scrub police men run around like idiots

I'm a pirate and I'll tell you it's a buy. it's not the greatest platinum game or anything like that but so far it feels like a very complete game with lots of content and replay-ability i stopped after chapter four to finish my blue lions run of FE:TH though so Don't take this post as a complete review.

The whole game feels like it could've been a Xenoblade 2 prequel. Swap Yoseph and Jena with Klaus and Klaus' lady friend, and say that the Astral Plane/Chimera fuckery was started by finding the Zohar, and it could've slotted right in with zero effort.

But I guess that's just kinda what happens when Xeno games are all about gnosticism and Astral Chain's a blatant Eva pastiche, which borrowed a ton from Christian mythology.

hopefully an astral chain 2 will give a lot more legion types

Attached: Astral_Chain_Legion_Concepts.png (800x1002, 629K)

>famitsu.com/news/201909/02182434.html
What the fuck? didn't fatmisu said AC was second place and first was azul lane? well, in thier own page is backwards!

I wanted more suit like clothes for the work suit detective look

Attached: EDa7FsiU4AENaTE.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>Slime frog legion buddy
I didn't know how much I wanted this until now, those fucker are kawaii as heck

Attached: 1560114414988.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

Walmart sells all new Switch games at 50.

240p upscaled to "720p"™ and 15-20 fps

Switch only?

Looks interesting. But ive got no switch.

I send it out to enemies to plant a bomb, chain jump to it for aerials, or both, then give me shields. I find its movement speed unsalvageable so I just focus on making it hit harder.

>final boss has an instakill move
>only way to stop it is riding beast mode
>if you're out of energy you automatically die
>also he can spawn it on top of you so you just die with no counter play
what the fuck were they thinking with this shit?

Attached: Anger.jpg (458x990, 90K)

I’m pushing all my friends to get this, Astral Chain needs our support!

>every legion has a unique weapon
I see someone played XB2/watched Bleaxh before designing this

Literally my most played non-mp game. Every secret wonder unlocked.

That game was fantastic and filled with thought and polish in every single aspect. Astral Chain is no W101.

Can someone tell me if chapter 8 (I think) was the low point. I'm bouncing between having fun and absolutely hating the game and it's just not clicking like I'd hope.

Chapter 8 just taking the cake in terrible level design with birds spammed everywhere out of reach so I had to legion and gun spam them down. Then I get hit by a army of fire chimera, if I dodge one another would hit me a few seconds later causing me to do the pat down animation leading to more hits on me and the constant cheap shots from the stage boss just put me in a REAL bad mood.

I have 2 legions with Speed Star just to get Axe going and the fucker hits hard enough on sync attacks that it's worth it.

Case 4 as well, plain cap on the roof of a small building next to the basketball court. Need to snipe a ladder and chain jump to reach it.

They were thinking "we don't have the budget or time for any external playtesting"

8 is the low point for most people, from what I'm hearing and from what I had to put up with. It gets better, though. Just soldier through.

>files 1 and 2 are a low point, soldier through to 3!
>file 3 is a low point, the combat really opens up in file 4!
>repeat for every fucking file
I feel like I'm being scammed

Attached: 8f0 (1).png (741x1200, 1.57M)

She needs a shower.

Oh that fucking Tetris car minigame.

1 and 2 are ridiculously short and 3 is fine, what are you talking about?

Has anyone got the normal cap yet, without the "Police" text on it? I've been using a streamer playing this as background noise and I tuned in to him at character customization with a normal hat. I really don't feel like scouring his other streams to see where he found it.

I have it, but damned if I remember where I got it, sorry.

I'm only on mission 5, but it's pretty great. If you like
>cops
>action games
it's pretty much right up your alley.

Attached: __akira_howard_astral_chain_drawn_by_kumaponn__sample-e57d28e9d52db75c7fdfb774e544e233.jpg (850x839, 81K)

someone help me
there are a few glow glowing small orbs 'hidden' in the levels but I can't do anything with them?

>die to final boss
>places death orb on my corpse as the revive animation plays

Attached: 1521764046087.png (788x872, 1.23M)

You shoot them with the arrow legion, if you're thinking what I'm thinking of.

>3 is fine
Next you'll say the platforming and "puzzles" in 4 were fine

>if you like cops

Attached: nuczjh8mxnk01.jpg (490x425, 37K)

Criminal justice is my passion, so I might be a bit biased.

Attached: __akira_howard_astral_chain_drawn_by_kumaponn__b1b384bf0ec8c2d502eccca4ff5d5b73.png (695x850, 189K)

Seconding this question, I have the Badge, Arms, Wisdom, Legs, and Body. What am I missing and how do I get it?

Attached: 1567666410333.png (613x274, 75K)

>Case R2-17

Attached: IMG_2770.jpg (670x335, 63K)

How do you change the IRIS voice?

>minces crowds
>brutalizes bosses
>makes you invincible
Yeah it's pretty bad

Go to the menu, Options, Audio, Iris Voice Settings.

Is the bow legion actually bad or was that someone shitposting?

I think I'm about to get the dog (I'm in the subway), hope it's good. What is the general consensus on the legions' individual combat usefulness?

I find sword and arm most comfortable for combat use, but I'm a scrub, so don't take me too seriously on that.

> mfw reaching the final boss of File 10

Holy shit, that was hype as fuck.

Attached: Gaijins cheering.jpg (480x360, 28K)

9 and 10 are Platinum at its fucking finest.

It's actually really good. In particular, the perfect dodge sync attack does an absurd amount of damage.

>these are introduced

For fuck's sake, game, don't make me NOT want to kill enemies, these things are fucking cute! CUTE!

Cool, I've been trying to main it because I like bows more than swords.

Attached: zeus.jpg (1200x675, 108K)

>max howard
>akira howard
>terry confirmed for smash
so Geese Howard confirmed for astral chain dlc?

Attached: Geese-kofxiv.jpg (831x1663, 288K)

>these car puzzles

uuurrrrgh

>when your dick starts redshifting but you don't care because the titjob game is too good

>Tfw keep getting S ranks instead of S+ on the first red file on file 5
>Tfw there's no checkpoint besides going in the metro and having to save the two civilians each time
Just fucking kill me

Attached: 1537374518077.jpg (320x320, 14K)

Based and Riderpilled.

Fuck the car puzzles
The entirety of File 8 is Kamiya's wet dream.

Attached: Shizu Walking.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

You'll wanna kill them after they set you on fire for the fifth time.

To me, combatwise
Bow > Arm > Sword > Beast

Depends which weapon you like to use more, for example guns work better with bow, and gladius works better with arm. I've yet to upgrade Axe and Beast more but it depends entirely in your style of playing

It's frustrating as hell but I can't stop playing

Brenda sells the Head in file 12.

Or when they hit you with lighting for the fifth time.
Or when they freeze you for the fifth time.
FUCK FROGS

I want to give Jena a hot shower

female, because her insert song for a certain moment in chapter 10 is way better
no seriously, look up dark hero (male version) it's a fucking travesty how awful it is

I did the bangs ponytail hair too (the one that doesn't have the side things) with brown hair and green eyes

Ponytail cop has cute big ears.

>travesty
I honestly like the auto tune overlay on the guy's voice, and the guitar riffs sound better to me.

It was actually the opposite for me. I thought he'd be a stupid meme robot companion but he ended up being pretty interesting, especially when chapter 6 hit.

Thanks, but now what?

>Arm Gravity Storm into Sword Round Blade

Attached: 1565639772787.jpg (960x684, 337K)

user, we all know which Howard is gonna be dlc. Also it'll come with Beast Legion armor.

Don't forget to buy The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for your switch.

Attached: 286.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

Ah, nevermind, now I see it in the case list.

You just unlocked a special mission Olive gives to you. Go do it.

She probably hasn’t bathed in 20 years, and homoculus goo apparently smells fucking rancid, so that probably hasn’t helped things either

SOMETHING DEEP INSIDE
KEEPING ME ALIVE

So male protagonist is pretty much the canon one right?
Akira going full retard makes more sense if shes a girl

>The dlc story is about stopping Todd from porting Skyrim to the Astral Plain

The sibling character acts very stereotypically male

I'd say male akira feeling emasculated and feeling like he needs to prove himself feels more fitting though

Sibling being male fits better imho. Plus, Fem MC has the better version of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvvMnQ2ylQg

I really don't see it. Every aspect of Akira's character makes more sense if he's a guy. Like the cat stuff.

>he doesn't like cop anime

Attached: 3BV22iy.jpg (1920x1040, 216K)

Bow's perfect dodge sync does SO MUCH FUCKING DAMAGE, holy shit. And the slow means you can dump all your energy in bow mode if you want as well.

Well, the official art shows Akira being female so I'd say so, yeah. I don't get the whole "they act more stereotypically male" thing people are trying to say. When I watched the scene of Akira freaking out at the beginning when Max sacrificed himself I thought "Wow, I cannot imagine this the other way around." Same for when they talk to you in your holding cell.

>hated the walking around shit
>suddenly had to give a little girl ice cream
At last I truly understand

Having that male singer try to compete with Beverly is quite unfair

I think to works either way. Fem Akira feeling like a useless kid stuck in her Dad's and Brother's shadow works really well, and the identity crisis ties into her desire to prove her self worth.

"You always were too kind" is a 10/10 fit for her, with the bro desperately trying to stop the Bow legion from killing his sister. It's a solid turn about in the relationship I think, with Akira finally proving herself useful at the cost of her own life.

Attached: 1518989794239.jpg (750x750, 71K)

Bob cut is cute! CUTE!

>In a last ditch effort to port Skyrim, Todd becomes one with the Astral Plain.
>You manage to stop Todd by destroying the source code for Skyrim Astral Plain Edition.
>Bitter and filled with anger Todd destroys the Astral Plain
>Astral Chain sequel is never made
>You buy the next instalment of The Elder Scrolls for the switch and all DLC
>Todd wins in the end

Attached: todd.jpg (1200x900, 180K)

anyone know how to unlock the rest of your custom color slots for clothes? you only get the very first one from orders.

Male Akira comes off as a way more tragic figure. Pathetic, with a crippling inferiority complex. Femkira just comes off as a bitch. It's tough to say which is better.

It's a good game but you should wait until the Switch + comes out to get it

Attached: Two year old cellphone.png (2100x1500, 1.83M)

Go to bed, Antifa.

ALL
BOOTYSHORTS
ARE
BAD

>the only way to defeat Todd and the Skyrim source code is to locate the fabled lost source code to Daggerfall

why does Marie have such massive milkers?

Attached: EDvmyh8VAAAu2N-.jpg (3042x2420, 1.43M)

What should I be doing against flying enemies, holding back and firing with my baton gun? Seems like every time I send my legion at them and launch myself alongside it, I get a bird claw up the ass almost immediately.

Attached: 1370917775925.jpg (500x341, 58K)

Top fucking cute, that's adorable

Gun until they come attack you, then perfect call sync attack

>The source code to Daggerfall is lost inside the Astral Plain which now Todd controls
>Todd keeps building mountains in the distance to make you lose track of your quest, I mean mission, and go climb them instead.
>Todd forgot to remove quest markers from the Astral Plain

>That Jena
My mad scientist terrorist can’t possibly be this cute

You can also send the arm legion at them which should pull them back to you

Attached: 2019090516504600-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

But I own the head already, I'm 5/6 on Lappy items and the case file hasn't popped up. Do I need to beat the first set of cases before it'll show up?

List which ones you have so we can tell what you need to do.

He just screams misguided machismo. I'm replaying it as the guy now and it makes so much less sense as to why Akira's such a bitch. When Akira's a guy, it makes perfect sense for him to be bossy because he thinks he's gotta be the man for you, so he's competitive and does things like take sword stabbings for you. In all of the moments where you're surpassing him, he's like a whiny little brother, petulant and jealous because he thinks he's supposed to be top dog.

Then later on when he comes back with black and red armor and thinks he's all hardcore, the realization that he still totally sucks and is misguided provides a much clearer reason as to why he goes kinda nuts. Being this big bundle of insecurities lashing out in the wrong ways is exactly what men do (in fiction, anyway).

Doesn't seem like very many actively chase you. The first flying enemies just rape you with tornadoes and wind and only occasionally charge attack.
Oh neat. That should work WAY better, thanks.

Is there any way to skip the Lappy tour in File 3? It's annoying to have to redo it in Pt Ultimate just to retry the first four red cases

Are salvage items just for selling, or do they actually get used for anything?

Arms, Head, Wisdom, Legs and Badge

Yeah, without any further context you can feel like male Akira feels like he's supposed to take up after his dad and be the big man in the family now. He has a big strong protector father figure to live up to, and he feels like he's failing. That makes sense when he's a guy, because he wants to be like Max. That doesn't fit quite as well for a female Akira.

Attached: 2019090518022500-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 277K)

>Chapter 8

Attached: 1564462735411.png (481x328, 293K)

Sell everything except the cat food.

Okay so you're missing Body. I don't remember where you get it but I think most all of them came from side missions involving Lappy or Marie.

there's also the whole "I can't believe my sister is stronger than me" shit early on

>mfw I did exactly that and found the thing where you use cat food without anybody telling me or looking anything up

Attached: iymqoksk0qp21.jpg (429x442, 47K)

>Kyle up to mischief in the back
I hope there's a sequel and I hope he comes back as a bro.

>Some new gang is popping up causing shit, using alteration chems or something, kyle and Hal drop in on Neuron to give them the real scoop and help them take the gang out because even if they don't want to work with central government, they look out for the outliers
I mean, I can dream at least.

To pull out the normalfag manga references, male Akira makes the relationship between the twins very similar to Mikasa and Eren from the early parts of Attack on Titan.

Body is in File 8 randomly running around at the starting area, through the parking garage especially. You have to find her and then complete her quizz

>ranks for red cases carry over between retries and chapter skips so that you can do them in any order
>you can't skip some cutscenes like the lappy tour in file 03 that has red cases behind it
One step forward, two steps back for the Platinum Games formula

Attached: 1464214166478.png (181x220, 27K)

NO STOP, IT ACTUALLY GETS GOOD IN FILE 5 I PROMISE. THE SWITCH FINALLY HAS A GAME PLEASE IT HAS TO BE GOOD.

> HURR DURR, USE CAT FOOD TO FEED CATS

You're a smart cookie, user, aren't you?

cancer

>hmm here's all this trash I got from mobs
>here's an item I specifically got from an NPC and is only worth 5 money if I sell it
>maybe I shouldn't sell it with all the other trash

I'm pretty conflicted, I loved the game. It's one of those cases that I recognize it has some pretty big flaws but the good shit in this game is so good that it weighs out all of the negatives.

The camera is fucking trash, they focus on the boring ass investigation/exploration moments and astral plane puzzles wayyyyy too much, the story is forgettable anime trope garbage

But the fighting is fun as fuck, the music is catchy and fits the aesthetic, the boss fights are typical crazy anime shit platinum is know for which is obviously a good thing, the graphics/art direction are outstanding, overall its one of the best looking games on the switch... plus it's pretty long and has plenty of replayability , as well as secrets you can find like holographic doors fillled with cybernetic gang members who sell items you can't find anywhere else in the game. But yeah if you like platinum games I would 100% buy it, just know that it has some issues

>Case 3 (NOT 2): There's a heavy chest plate in an optional Astral Plain's gate after defeating the area's boss, the chest should be to the right as you enter the boss area..
Which fucking boss? Cerberus or Arrow Legion?

I think Cerberus?

The first plot-required astral plane in that file, where you find Hal.

>Tfw replaying astral chain on ultimate pt and having to do the 'roam around a town and do dumb side quests with no fun in sight' segments
this is unironically the least replayable Platinum game yet, christ. I'm on file 05 right now I'm not sure I have it in me to do any more of these stupid fucking segments

Attached: wideneck.jpg (634x718, 57K)

How do you turn off motion controls for ice cream and boxes?

Found it, thanks. Lappy goes really damn fast and that quiz was tough but I did it.

You can S+ rank investigation files easy if you do fast enough and get just what you need

You don't. That's literally the entire point of the minigame

I kinda like the exploration and more mundane cop missions, at least the first time around. It really helps build up the world as a place you live in and protect as opposed to, say, Bayonetta's shenanigans leading to entire cities being destroyed as she just fucks off to the next place.

meant for

But there's a tip that has you use the R stick for balance if it's disabled

I just realized something, there's like two seperate crit modifiers in this game. Crit damage from backstabs is much lower than crtis that trigger from attacking the front. I just slapped this set up on my Fist legion
>12% crit chance
>40% crit damage + spread effect
>Parry

Everything is fucking melting.

Possibly exclusive to third party controllers that don't have gyro.

Alan is an asshole and I should have let his punk ass die

Doesn't killing shit too fast screw you out of S ranks outside of bosses?

I swear sometimes I can balance with the stick, but then the game recognizes my pro controller has gyro and the right stick stops balancing. It's weird that there's no option to disable gyro aiming/balancing.

I wonder, does Alan just not show up at Neuron anymore if you fail to save him?

You can also roll out of it with correct timing. I do wish it was a little more telegraphed but you should absolutely be punished for letting your energy run out.

I'm pretty sure you can't fail as it's a required red case

Nope. Killing shit real fast is an excellent way to get an easy S+. When I went back to redo the early missions after beating the game, my upgraded weapons/legions killed shit so fast that the completion time bonus alone was already enough to earn the S+.

I dunno. For some reason it doesn't really bother me because the game is littered with secrets I missed on the first playthrough and every single one is tracked. Then again I'm the kind of person that found every single Korok seed.

Is maintenance a meme or is actually worth cleaning the blood off your legions?

He doesn't die even if you let him fall. Right after he falls, you get a call from Olive saying that he got lucky and landed in water or some such thing.

I would also love to know. It's nice if it's just a for fun thing to interact with your Legions, but if it actually does something it's incredibly awful.

>game literally puts in a self destruct ability so you can do a good chunk of damage by letting your energy run out with your legion in melee range
>game also has a skill that lets you retain boosted stats on your legion for a period of time after it disappears so you can let the energy run out and build it up quickly again with baton attacks
People shouldnt be punished with instakills because they have a different playstyle than you, autist

Yo, the hermit faceguard actually looks pretty cool.

attack speed is slightly lowered if you dont do maintenance iirc

You mean the animation speed or how often they auto attack?

God FUCKING damn it.
Had enough of this shit in Omega Labyrinth. At least that game let you skip the touching segments after the first time.

I don't see the big deal, it takes like 2 minutes.

>tfw you remember that the legions aren't your friends and would in-fact try to kill you if they could
These things really are EVA units aren't they.

how often

yeah it gets real tedious especially when you have the full complement of legions

>it takes like 2 minutes.
thats the problem

It's just busywork I don't wanna do when I'm replaying all of the files repeatedly for ranks and secrets.

does performing maintenance and cleaning your ghosts do anything?

We literally just answered this question.

Yes. It becomes even more obvious later on. Actual spoilers, Axe Legion basically ends up having dad's soul.

I like to think you grow on them a little bit
>file 11
>corridor exploding behind you
>Arm legion lifts up the blast door and uses the chain to sling you through
also the axe legion dad moment

I'm pretty sure Sword at-least respects you since you beat the dog shit out of him with no help. Beast also lets you pet him so he loves you as much as any other cat/dog does

Is it worth buying

Yes.

They’re literally slaves, user, and no amount of cleanings or head pats will ever change that

What's he doing?

Attached: 1004929482.webm (258x250, 2.39M)

I can easily see that becoming a plot point in a later game. Some new villain makes legions strong enough to break everyone's chains and become chimera again, but yours are bro as fuck and continue to fight with you.

He's training to be stronger than his sister.

investigating his personality cycle.

Do you feel the same way about dogs?

> I can easily see that becoming a plot point in a later game. Some new villain makes legions strong enough to break everyone's chains and become chimera again, but yours are bro as fuck and continue to fight with you.

Isn't it a plot point that you and the Legion become the same being due to perfect sync, hence the whole Super Saiyan Fusion thing?

Official Legion Tier List-

Axe

Sword

Arrow

Axe

Beast

aligning his qpc to the astral plain

the fusion is more of a desperate act of self preservation since if you die the legion dies apparently

>Retard can't even spell Arm from Axe
All legions are great and we must protect their none existance smiles. Except Arrow because he's a massive pussy

>Massive pussy
>Willing to disobey you to do what needs to be done in the end

is me or the music that plays when you capture a legion sounds like something out of Digimon?

as gay as chapter 8 was I really liked how it was the exact same level that just got fucked up in the last chapter, but now you're coming back to do mundane police work to clean up your mess

Astral Chain is officially a success
>twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1169782292207718402

It gets good in file 1 and stays good, dumb coping console warrior

I agree with this but the stealth side quest and the red matter cleanup near the end were some bullshit.

I swear Kamiya walked into development one day and asked where the minigames where and decreed file 8 have as many fucking police based mini-games as possible

>Mfw I didn’t even realize I was being timed until the last 10 seconds

Attached: BF2B1584-5DD4-4EC5-A8D5-1835F5BD78A2.jpg (960x539, 139K)

>tfw got spoiled on plot twists because I can't stop myself from coming into threads
kill me anons

>Hey, looks like you didn't finish off your plate. Heh, here, let me help you clean the rest off.
Fuck off Akira, who the hell decided to make this a competition?

I'm on File 03, and doing the jumps across the fire escapes. You can put the legion right on the spot you're supposed to land, aim the camera right at it, and still fall. The aerial physics are really rough with hit detection.

>plot twists
90% of this shit was telegraphed from the first couple trailers

having any knowledge of japanese cyberpunk at all spoils it, I pegged the commander as the big bad within seconds of the intro cutscene.

>those overly flamboyant boy npcs that do that gay hopping/arm waving thing

Jesus christ Platinum. You guys do know the ones I'm talking about, right?

>plot twists
Literally everything can be seen from a mile away, user. Even the dad had obvious death flags

I think a huge plot twist was the dad actually being dead for real. I genuinely thought they'd bring him back somehow.

I mostly mean the clones and super saiyan shit, also the twin dying

But the dad did come back in a way.

what about here

Attached: akira buddy.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Well for what it's worth, if you don't mind one more...

They're not actually dead.

because of the bizarre way legions work with syncing up to people I think it's implied the axe legion has maxes personality or something? he holds your hand for a second there anyways

This, Smash, and BotW are enough reasons to go out and buy a Switch.

I've already beaten the game user
I just wish I could've actually appreciated the handful of story moments that were actually worth something

Yes yes, and EVA 01 is actually Yui Ikari, but that's not the point, she's still dead. The point is that Max is actually dead and doesn't come back even if his soul carries on in the Axe legion.

Whoops. Oh well.

Attached: 1567667074645.png (300x284, 123K)

what the fuck was his problem?

Attached: excuuuuuuuuuse me.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

He's obviously a ghost, user, you should have done that quest for Shizu to set his soul to rest.

t. Jiren

Blue shield ability is very op, pop it out just to apply that or when you're already up close and want a high damage combo, also if a huge unavoidable attack is about to drop on you you can switch to him and press L for the shield for a clutch save, works better than you'd think, he's slow yeah but he's more of a defensive guy so that's fine, if he was fast he'd legit be completely over powered

Forgot to disable noclip cheat code.

>It resets progress in the file you're in currently though,
They need to fix this.

>Smash
What if he showers regularly and has a triple digit IQ?

PSA: When you get new IRIS voice codes, you can change to them in Options->Audio
It took me way too long to figure that out

He can still play Smash, he just can't ever go to a tourney or he'll suffocate from not be acclimated to the smell.

I'm torn between Arms and Doggo

Not him, I think competitive Smash and rosterfaggotry deserves all the ridicule it gets, but I'm not going to lie and say that it's not fun to play with buddies.

ITT: Nintendo’s Yea Forums marketing division raiding this board with shit games again

>Red Matter Cleanup: 99%

Attached: 1514685951559.gif (300x240, 2.16M)

Chapter 8 is legit what where they thinking tier

I'm so fucking glad they made those orders only require 80%.

Pirate it eventually

Yeah just say no

Threadly reminder to take care of your beast or she will be sad.

Attached: pettypet.webm (702x540, 638K)

Are those sticky floors from File 4 going to become a recurring thing? They are, aren't they?

Attached: 1552231188589.jpg (540x718, 59K)

Not as much. You can also use the Arms legion to float above them or equip anti-goo codes.

>Say no to Lappy
I don't understand

chain jumping feels like a complete afterthought. sometimes it doesn't even register in training mode when you do it, and during stages the game will constantly just slide you off the edge or get you stuck on things if you have to "go around a corner"

cant you save at the computer and redo from there?

Dude because then you get to hear the girl talk and still get to stare at her ass. Girl is for tranny faggots who do mental gymnastics to justify wanting to pretend to be a cute girl.

>Wanting to listen to her talk and be an insufferable bitch
>Get to stare at her ass even more if she's the PC
Whatever fag.

I don't care how much of a faggot it makes me, I refuse to have to listen to the male version of Dark Hero.
Fuck that.

Female dark hero is a better song but male is a better devil trigger theme.

>the people who think male Akira is better read SnK
This makes sense.

How does sounding like crap make it a better DT theme?

Holy shit watching Vinesauce play this game and he's fucking retarded. How do zoomers stomach this shit?

>start off platinum mode because i aint no bitch
>D,D,C,D,D,D
>Seethe at my own badness
>unleash my inner toku
>Start getting into the groove
>Its-all-coming-together-kronk.gif
>S,S,S+,S+,S
God is there any feeling better than getting good?

Also the merged legion form gave me AMAZONS flashbacks

Attached: tumblr_o5lsa8A5ZJ1s39ht8o1_400.gif (320x163, 1.63M)

Bros, how does replaying files work?

I'm replaying though file 08 because I somehow blocked myself out of the Rayleigh Plaza 2nd and 3rd floors the first time around, so I wanted to do all the cases I missed the first time.

Well now that I finished them, do I have to replay through the rest of the file to get it to save my progress?

Yes.

No, you can jump out if you don't want to do the rest. It's under File Options at the menu. It'll save having done what you've done so far.

you do realize you don't have to do the blue cases after completing them once right?
It automatically logs them for ranking across all difficulties
only the red cases need to be replayed

nah you can return to the file select screen whenever though you won't get much xp outta it, but it'll retain new ranks and any collectables you found, you want to hit the "file options" button under the system tab to leave a file.

Go to your computer and you can replay past files with higher difficulty settings. If you do that, progress on the current fine is lost so you have to start from the beginning of whichever file you backed out of.

Got it. Thanks, bros.

>watching Vinesauce

Attached: You.jpg (625x456, 29K)

>speed star
>crit boost
Not sure why people say the bow legion is shit. Pistol+bow legion is a pretty good combination. Pretty boring to use though.

No problem, partner.

Attached: 1567665680243.png (613x274, 65K)

>30 hours into the game
>still only one color palette for my legions
Please tell me there are more. The available colors all look like shit.

can someone tell me where the hologram room is after you beat the twins test in chapter 2?

I wish there was a custom pallet like with the outfit colors, but no such luck it seems. But there's some decent patterns available. I think at least two EVA color schemes (I have 01 and 02, purple and red, I might have 00 but I'm not sure, it's a little too mustard-ish yellow to be it, I think)

the sequel better star Alan so I can smash Marie raw

Attached: Marie.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

Hologram room? You mean the training room?

there are more, do orders and search the levels fully

This here is the only valid reason to pick female over male. Male protag's civvies look absolutely retarded.

I don't even know what that is.

Wanted that Gunsmith Cats kinda vibe.

Attached: asstralchain.jpg (960x540, 60K)

>I wish there was a custom pallet
What? I'm like 4 hours in and have a custom color scheme on my sword legion.

You can edit any of the legion color slots, the selection is just really limited aside from each slot's default color.

I see this option only now that I've gone and said all that shit.

Jesus.

You didn't get better, you just got more options and stronger gear.

Attached: FB_IMG_15677457566361273.jpg (1068x600, 356K)

Changing the legion's color is no fun when you consider that the gaping chest hole will always stay bright blue.