Let's be honest. How many of you actually cared about this asshole before his trailer dropped

Let's be honest. How many of you actually cared about this asshole before his trailer dropped

Attached: worst choice possible.png (1200x1200, 988K)

Nobody's cared about any of them until the latest bing dropped their name. Except sonyfags and joker, I guess.

I wanted a DQ Hero since Cloud got in back in Ultimate. I would've preferred 5 or 7's heroes, but having 8 in there is a good compromise.

I was foolishly hoping it’d be Eight instead and was pleasantly surprised when he was there

Hell, who gives a fuck about him even AFTER his trailer?

Me.

Me.
DQ deserves to be in smash.

Me, just to stick it to the Final Faggots, Romancing Saga is still better than both though.

You've all robbed Goku of his spot

Trunks is close enough.

Dragon Quest protagonists are all lame no personality mutes. I hate them. Say what you will about Legend of Zelda, but at least Link is ONE character. It's just off putting how in DQ every single main lead no matter how distinct looking is just another worthless generic uninspired autistic mute with no inherent personality. Same to the Persona series. I hate this cliche. It's truly one of the easiest ways to make me automatically hate a game and I hate how the side character treat the main controllable character:

"Oh yes you're a great leader Mr. You Never Talk. I would have been lost without your advice Mr. You Never Talk. Thank you for the pep talk Mr. You Never Talk."

And the villains of course going:

"Curse you Mr. You Never Talk!!!"

No. Just no. The reason I hate Dragon Quest is mainly the protagonist are not engaging characters at all. Not one single bit. Neku from The World Ends With You is better than every single Dragon Quest Hero put together.

And on top of the lame protagonists? The rest of the games have very tired generinc been there done that type medieval fantasy stories. There is no sense of ambition. It just feels stagnant. While other videogames suffer low sales for doing generally the same thing (like how Megaman and Metroidvania sales went down over time), somehow Dragon Quest doesn't suffer low sales. The Japanese really have bad taste.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_video_games
say not video games, I dare you

I know you are shitposting but Goku never had and never will have a spot in smash.

Only so long as Sakurai works in Smash as director. The day he's gone and some new wipper snapper shows up and says "We can expand to other types of media in Smash to bring higher sales" that's when Smash will lose its identity and soul.

Of course we don't know the attitude of Sakurai's future replacement. He could be a decent guy who respects some of Sakurai's guidelines, but if not? Then say hello to Mickey Mouse in Smash.

Nigger, DQ soul is in its world, npc and support characters, not the hero.

Recently i marathoned DQ 1 to 5 and good lord, 4 and 5 have so much soul in their dialogues it's fucking crazy.

I cared about the Guv and in general wanted a Dragon Quest rep to happen.

>link is one character
Funny you give them a pass for that when every link is a different person and all of them are the same.

I always wanted protagonist from DQVIII to Smash
But I was sure we would only get Erdrick if DQ got a rep

But everything went better than expected

Attached: 1560324212864.jpg (1024x455, 97K)

I love DQ and cried tears of joy during the trailer, especially when I saw it was not just 11.
I was also extremely happy to get Terry in.

I can firmly say without a doubt that anyone who doesnt understand why Hero and Terry are there have no right to an opinion on who should be on the roster.

Have you never heard of self insert, retard. Silent protags aren't meant to have personality because it's supposed to be you.

DQ is fun and am glad they're in but their moveset is absolute cancer. Dying at 30 to a random crit got old real fast.

Attached: 1566256301660.png (250x200, 25K)

This.
Fucking zoomers have no respect for vidya history.

I like 8

Me but I expected Erdrick/Loto as the main one. But we got him along with Solo of all characters anyways so that's fucking awesome.

God no. That would be a nightmare scenario. I don't want Japanese anime characters in Smash, so much LESS do I want western properties in Smash.

Didn't care before and I don't care now. I played the new Demo for XI on Switch or whatever it was, I couldn't even be fucked to finish that.

I don't care that much about the Luminary until I played the demo,but seeing Loto and Eight was awesome. I was bummed 7's hero is only in a final smash and 5's hero is a recolor for Loto.

i still don't know who he is
nigga looks like future trunks from DBZ but without the hair dye

Got dqxi for PC when it came out last year, gonna pick up the switch version when it comes out too.

i would have preferred slime.

Attached: slimee.gif (340x250, 791K)

i always wanted dq rep in smash since i've always loved dq so yes

DQ was the Jap pick and Banjo was the west pick it balances out

Legit thought that was Android 17 when I first saw him

but slime is part of the hero, user.

Ever since Cloud got in, it felt like DQ was long over due to get in Smash

i would have preferred slime.

Attached: slimee.gif (340x250, 791K)

not really a DQ fan but i would prefer if Eldrick was the main one. this one is just so ugly

wtf I love hero now

I did, but I don't care about smashbra

You have party members you know...

I like hero and couldn't give 2 shots about banjo

Well you aren't the average westerner/Jap so congrats

No game character "deserves" to be in Smash other than Nintendo characters

I didn't care for that asshole I cared for this one.

Attached: DQ8HERO.jpg (1024x1024, 73K)

I disagree.
I think all characters WITH important history on nintendo platforms deserves a spot.

I like Cloud and Snake in smash, but they dont belong there.

Joker is a trash, shill, zoomer character and deserves nothing.

Gib isaac

>Joker is a trash, shill, zoomer character and deserves nothing.
Not him but would you have honestly accepted any Persona character at all? Regardless of how long they've been around? The main characters of Persona 3 and Persona 4 have been around longer and were also eligible to represent the same series.

based me

No, that was SMT spot.

I would have preferred Yangus.

Attached: Yangus.png (461x538, 238K)

The only one I remotely cared for was Eight. Outside of that he would be way down on a list of SE characters I would choose before getting to him. And I won't deny the importance of DQ I just don't really care about it. His supporters being insufferable hoes mad spamming cunts haven't improved my opinion on it either.

Attached: 1528415262795.jpg (900x557, 112K)

>implying those are actual DQ fans and not twitter memers

Goku's point of origin is from the manga and he is not primarily known as a video game character. He is primarily known from the Dragon Ball anime or manga series.

The point of Hoes mad was to make fun of rosterfags throwing a fit about an iconic character getting in, not many westerners care that much about DQ. The char is fun to play though.