Can I jump into this game without playing MGS1? I already played MGS2

Can I jump into this game without playing MGS1? I already played MGS2.

Attached: df0ee9ab58096cb6042b6e88a186fbdb.jpg (1280x720, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/1319961618828074304/
vocaroo.com/i/s0Dq5EoIXdJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes you Can.
It is a prequel to 1 and 2

The real thing you should've asked is should you play MGS2 before 1 which is no

>played 2
>hasn't played 1
>wants to play 3
It doesn't really matter now, OP. You can jump to whatever game in the series you want.

Attached: 1467735549526.png (228x248, 78K)

The good order is

3 - because it's got the most memorable moments, canonically takes place early in the timeline, so you get the origins of each character, plus it introduces you to Naked Snake

1 - harder to get into cuz it's older, but it introduces you to Solid Snake, full of classic and iconic boss battles, contrasts nicely with 3

2 - a direct flip of mgs1, this is the one that I think is virtually unplayable without having prior context because it's barely even a metal gear solid game. still classic, got that "kino" anti-establishment message at the end everybody loves, still a fine game

4 - logical end to the series, echoes back to the previous 3 games, feels like you're completing a journey.

V - epilogue. totally bonkers, off the wall story that slides in the gap between the big boss saga and the solid snake saga. finishing with this one is the most bittersweet, since it's totally flagrantly unfinished, but had the potential to be the best in the series. here's to you!

PW, MG1+2, Ac!d, PO, and RR are all totally optional

you can pretty much play any MGS game without playing any of the other ones except 4.

I don't know how the fuck you played 2 without 1 since it's a direct sequel. 3 is at least a prequel so yes

Hijacking this thread with no survivors to ask what is the best way to play the MGS series on PC? I know almost nothing about the series but it seems influential.

>Played 2
>Didn't play 1

You fucked up already so it doesn't matter.

But yeah, you can jump straight to 3 whenever, it's very self contained.

you shouldve played 1 then 2 then 3 like everyone else. even though its canonically before every other game it still has plenty of references in dialogue, enemies, scenery etc to mgs1 and 2 that youll miss. enjoy your subpar experience

3 to 1 to 2 makes 2 actually even better.

there are only a few call forwards. 3 is really self contained. wouldn't be suprised if its most people's first mgs here.

Start at 1
Then play 2 again
Then play 3
Definitely dont play 4 until you played the others
Play PW and 5 any time after 3, I guess... if you feel like it.

you can't play all the games on PC
just borrow a ps3 it's the only console with all the main games (1, 2, 3, 4, pw, gz, tpp and even mgr)
3 and 4 never released on pc and 4 isn't fully playable in emulator

>3>po>pw>V>1>2>4

By getting the hd remaster with all the games to you playstation, but if you wan't to by emulating first game on psx and then...
I have no idea, ps2 emulation is tricky to some and the pc port for 2 from what I have heard fucking garbage.
But quick googling:
steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/1319961618828074304/
But 3? Good luck with emulation, no idea if it works, I just wanna say that the HD remaster with it's silky smooth 60fps is fucking beautiful.

What were you thinking?????????

This, op made my brain hurt

the only way is release order for all games/movies/novel series ever
"fan" orders are as bs as fan theories

The game is pretty self contained honestly

Yes, but you should have played 1 before 2. 2 looses a lot of its effect without 1.

Reddit the post

>can i jump into 3 without playin 1 but played 2 ?
its safe to say that yes, becaus snake eater is canonically first . then GZ , V, 1, 2, 4 ... if not counting the very first MG

Attached: balaclava.jpg (400x441, 136K)

MGS4 will be the last one i play because fuck becoming invested into the story and finishing it off with MGSV.. I'm lucky to be new to this franchise

>PW
>optional
god i fucking hate you you fucking retard

Listen to the last tapes you get in MGS5 after the ending after playing MGS4 then

The story was ass but the gameplay was still really good.

>2
>virtualy unplayable
>still a fine game

Attached: mental retard.jpg (727x480, 38K)

spotted the underage game pass babby

you're so clearly a bandwagoning zoomer faggot with no real experience in the series

PW is absolutely optional
and also shitty anyway

This.

Good analysis besides 4. I 2ould recommend skipping it or playing it and laughing at how shit it is. Even the wackiness of V was more tolerable than 4, since V was at least fun to play at times.

suck a baby dick

>good analysis
Nigga you retarded man

Mgs4 fags assblasted

vocaroo.com/i/s0Dq5EoIXdJM

if you played 2 without playing 1 and somehow managed to enjoy it enough to still want to play other games in the series you'll be fine. 3 is the most standalone story wise and gameplay wise has aged decently so it is enjoyable without knowledge from previous games and is really easy to pick up.

That being said, PLEASE play the games in release order. anyone who suggests otherwise is gay and also retarded.

You should play them in order but MGS3 works without knowing MGS1. MGS4 is the one that's a nightmare if you didn't play all three previous.