Fighting games

Attached: Check it out, y'all! Ya don't stop! Keep on, to the sure shot! Huh-ha! Uh, uh, uh, uh, oh! (470x250, 3.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/6SoRVUwpD4odggcEThCInH
clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulSpinelessHedgehogKappaRoss
youtu.be/qb8Egb8H5GA
youtube.com/watch?v=RfZiIPzuCMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hiRSyKjiBR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Street Fighter is boring. Play Tekken or Smash.

I only play fighting games with a high skill ceiling, 0-frames input buffer, 200+ APM minimum, actual mind games; like the one and only Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. None of that on rails brainlet tier FGCuck crap.

Attached: 1447886778367.webm (592x506, 652K)

Home.

Anyone feeling like going against a shitty brazilian on Fightcade? Either KoF98 or Garou

Melee is based but it's no better than any other fg out there

Attached: MELEE.jpg (584x793, 71K)

1. play footsies
2. poke
3. repeat

what is the best game for this?

Fuck fighting games. I always get bullied by some older punks stealing money from me. And I get beat up if I ever beat someone who is older than me.

I like them even though I suck ass at them.

Sagat or Vega in cvs2

Samurai shodown

>>push man off ledge
>>guard ledge to force fall
>>"mindgames"
okay

Third Strike feels incredible to pull off parries and combos but that's it.

Anything that ruins Akumas shit is good in my book.

When's the last time you made someone ragequit irl Yea Forums?

Attached: squigly's contempt.png (1280x704, 334K)

SamSho. You literally don't have to learn a combo or blockstring to win. Learn ranges and on-block frame data for all your moves (note: almost everything is negative enough to be punished by something) and you're golden for the most part.

>Wanna get into an honest fighting game
>The SF4 era is long gone
What is a motherfucker supposed to do? All the other popular fighting games are apparently shit

I've made two of my friends ragequit in Skullgirls. They won't play it with me anymore.

Attached: rad.png (709x660, 393K)

...and looks incredible, sounds incredible, full of soul....

I've been digging HFTF recently

Attached: FairyGodParents1.gif (220x280, 68K)

Take a shower

Samsho is literally the most honest you can get

I just want her back in SFV so much bros...

Is there any chance at this point?

Attached: makoto.png (1800x1900, 230K)

input difficulty and complexity doesn't equal depth

sorry sweatie.

"honest" is basically a meme at this point so you'll have to explain what you mean by that, but I'm pretty sure you'll like SamSho since it's just spacing and footsies with a bit of zoning and punishing.

I know you've probably heard the soundtrack before but this time LISTEN to it
open.spotify.com/album/6SoRVUwpD4odggcEThCInH

Attached: third strike cover.jpg (377x384, 36K)

I'm right there with you senpai, I don't want to play an air dasher, dead stuff, or buy a PS4 for Shamsho.
I've been playing Tekken, but I think 2D is probably more my speed.

just play third strike

You dont belong here smashfag

Attached: 1485466099120.png (662x540, 240K)

Then what does?

Attached: ludo.webm (1280x720, 2.3M)

Either play jive, tekken 7 or wait for december for samsho port

Attached: 1551728696974.jpg (2048x1965, 274K)

SFIII=Garou>KoF99=SFA3>xmen vs sf>rival schools2

Smash fags be gon

Attached: 1538961598713.png (599x510, 385K)

lol these niggas adderalled OUT

Anyone got some fun team set-ups for FighterZ? I'm feeling like trying out a new team.

SamSho is hitting PC & Switch this year so you will be able to play it. Tekken takes an entirely different mindset but once you find "your" character and really dive into how neutral, punishes, and combos work it starts to fall into place. I spent a weekend in Training with Marduk and it all clicked. I'm still bad on defense but I understand my combo routes, some frametraps, some oki, wall combos, etc.

If that fails, then that's what Akuma, Eliza, & Geese are for.

Attached: 1563072432528.jpg (223x433, 16K)

>searching for third strike lobbies on switch version
>no lobbies at all, not even for alpha or turbo
feels bad and makes me lonely

Attached: 1565118979258.jpg (480x720, 35K)

I wish theres a fighting game that lets you mash to win

>Project Justice that low
On that note I really want another Itsuno-directed fighting game before he retires. I'm excited that he's probably working on Dragon's Dogma 2 but man could I go for Rival Schools 3/Project Justice 2 or Power Stone 3, or another Vs game under him.

Attached: 1540096611877.jpg (1200x908, 104K)

complexity of neutral
for example melty blood has complex neutral

It's also coming out on switch. Japan has a December release date, iono stateside.

But they just gutted geese in the patch

Attached: canadian-geese-canada-goose-getty_large.jpg (540x405, 40K)

mario party if you only play specific minigames

Well thats not so difficult
3rd strike still looks the fucking best in 2019

Probably things won't change in a few decades

Akuma & Eliza were already bad, it's just so 2D players can feel familiar. Besides, playing a character that got the nerfhammer bad even after the nerfhammer hits gives you street cred.

>Like a week until GG2020 trailer
You hype?

heart status = blazing

It's a common thing for this guy at least. Gotta keep that org you know?
clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulSpinelessHedgehogKappaRoss

Attached: v0id.png (971x894, 1.04M)

>tfw your boy is guaranteed
>tfw Robo Ky is very likely

Attached: 1533400775341.png (332x443, 130K)

I kind of hate anime fighting games. Guilty Gear was alright but I didn’t really like the combos in it. BlazBlue fucking blows with all the retarded characters and overinflated sub-systems, but for some reason I love Undernight In-Birth to death. I can’t put my finger on it, but something about it separates it from other anime games. It feels... different

Attached: 5FDC4468-02F7-4EC8-A883-2496F22CB174.gif (504x322, 183K)

French bread are based that's why

i thought doping was disallowed in competitions

Incredibly cautious. The whole rethinking from the ground up post doesn't encourage me after I just didn't enjoy their latest games that much. I don't like how ArcSys simplify by removing and making stuff less unique. How ever it goes it will cause GG oldfags to get mad, and others to defend it come what may cause pretty graphics.

If nothing else I want to see if ArcSys has built enough of a reputation to get GG a sizeable audience, or if people who like to post song lyrics won't stick around.

sane, kakyoin's animations are smooth as fuck

Anyone wanna try some KoFXIV?
I'm on ps4

mashing is not fun. if you wanna turn your brain off go play singleplayer games or arcade mode

People describe UNI as being a bit more "grounded" compared to the other anime fighters.

it's easier

Does SamSho support cross-play? I will likely get it on the Switch if it does.

It's anime, but it's very grounded. Characters have gross shit, but they don't get it for free. Air movement isn't free. Aggression/pressure isn't as strong as other anime games but the systems encourage it heavily over defensive play.

You'd probably enjoy Melty Blood (by the same dev team as Under Night) and Akatsuki Blitzkampf (Akatsuki's home game; feels like a midpoint between 00s anime fighters, SNK games, and Third Strike).

Dragon ball fighterz exists though

3rd strike Makoto is bad design and anyone who argues against that is a piece of shit.

no double jumps and simpler air combos

The animation and stand system sold me on the game, it being easily available for free helped too

Damn, that's a good Makoto. One parry into 60% damage.

How so? I don’t play too many fytans but I have a fairly firm grasp on the ones I do play

Right. Okay. You want me to elaborate on why the FGC **hates** the smash community? Because they don’t care about tradition, they don’t care about respect, they don’t care about proper decorum at a tournament, they don’t understand the history of the games, tournaments, brotherhood, and rivalries the FGC has had over the years. and they don’t care about any of it.

It isn’t about gate keeping. It’s about people not understanding how shit works. It’s about your community being openly and proudly ignorant about things. It’s about the community demanding something from a community they have no fucking clue about.

The smash community demanded they be apart of something that they had no right to be part of. When EVO and other tournaments started letting smash slide in the smash community immediately bitched and moaned about things not being done “their way”. And they continue to bitch and moan and complain. They want to be off in their own little world but still have the fucking audacity to demand to be part of ours.

You want your series of games that is just a glorified MUGEN (though I doubt you know what that is since you didn’t know who Terry Bogard was) at this point to be on equal footing with ours? Than fucking act like you belong. Quit being the angsty teenager who thinks they deserve to get their way because they’re “special”

Best fighting game for a complete begginer?

There’s a lot of people in the FGC that actually really like the smash games. We don’t see them on equal footing for a myriad of reasons. Mostly technical and it doesn’t fit the actual definition of a fighting game. One of the major reasons though is how openly and arrogantly ignorant they are to the scene they’re desperately trying to be apart of.

The smash community isn’t at EVO or CEO or any other major because those TO’s want the community to be there. They’re there to make the TO’s the most money possible. Whether it be through entrees, sponsorships, stream revenue..etc.

MrWizard who runs evo even said after brawl that dealing with smash TO’s was one of the worst experiences he’s ever had but he was going to keep hosting Smash due to how much revenue it brought it.

Maybe if Smash community actually gave a shit about the people’s and players that gave their blood sweat and tears to build the thing they’re so desperately wanting to be apart of maybe the FGC wouldn’t think the smash community was a bunch of whiny brats.

How likely is this leak to be real?

Attached: cas.png (1138x595, 244K)

SFIV, Smash Ultimate, or MK9 depends on which series you want to get into.

Depends. Where would you say your preferred play style leans towards, defensive or offensive?

I'd recommend Soul Calibur VI because there aren't any crazy inputs and all the characters and moves are cool. People might say the new Samurai Showdown but the game is hard to find fun for a person new to fighting games. Way too slow.

Skullgirls

Attached: play her hgame.gif (448x361, 467K)

Sam Sho. It's do 70% damage on counter hit: the game

Literal mashing won't win FighterZ for you, even if you're playing characters with the most busted Autocombo hitboxes like Bardock & Teen Gohan. DBFZ is currently in a spot where you need to tighten up your pressure and defense to near-perfection and be able to convert stray hits in the scramble into optimal combos (or at least knockdowns) consistently.

My hands are too weak to pull off Stand desync bullshit so I stick to the Josephs and Anubis Polnareff.

Attached: 1515214273825.png (500x340, 73K)

Street Fighter 2

It's harder than most fighting games out there but compared to guilty and blazblue it just has less options in general, gameplans are a bit more simple across the board, and most characters try to open you up with throw in a similar way.

couldn't really get into it but always wanted to. i dont think the combo system is very intuitive and it plays like some mortal kombat shit t b h. been playing mvc1

SFV was literally made for newbies. At the total beginner level it's pretty good. Only FGC pros seem to hate it due to lack of complexity.

Two days ago in Guilty Gear.

why am i so bad at inputs i cant even play smash properly

high level UMVC3 is harder than this

SamSho
>Nearly no combos
>3 buttons
>Very neutral based
>Pressure is incredibly limited
>Defence is very strong

After the Genjuro nerfs the balance is fantastic.

Attached: 1547690684876.png (578x800, 333K)

Im a Dio main myself, it takes a while but active stands are incredibly good.
The hits feel so much better than in Mortal Kombat. You could always try more poke focused characters like an entire horse.

I've been messing around in training in P4U recently, and I really wish I had gotten into the game when it was more active, I still don't know why I didn't considering I had already played P4 when it came out, but it's done now. I'm glad ArcSys are making GG right now because that's my favorite IP they have, but I hope P5U comes in the near future soon.

Attached: 1447625592329.jpg (613x519, 197K)

Whatever catches your fancy.

Fuck off.

Jojo HFTF is pretty good and i'm sad they'll never be another game quite like it.

>Soul Calibur VI
I don’t think that game is too beginner friendly. Sure if you put a couple of noobs they’ll be evenly matched, but trying to git gud at it is a nightmare. You got so much shit to deal with
>counter hit properties
>3D spacing
>3D movement
>wall splat combos
>hidden character specific mechanics
>soul charge properties
And so much more. It’s honestly overwhelming for most people and would certainly make a new player struggle

Get it down to muscle memory. Don't confuse that with autopilot.

Just gotta keep putting in the practice. It takes a while to get it down but it's incredibly satisfying when you can start reliably getting things down to a T.

Are you interested in boosting party VS trophies? I'm trying to help two friends of mine.

Waiting for Tekken 7 season 3, dunno what I'll be playing in the meantime

made a friend of mine ragequit atleast a dozen times over MKX, MK11 and Tekken 7

I'm skeptical there'll even be a trailer, but of course I look forward to seeing the game whenever they show it. I understadn why people are worried about the game, but at the very least, I don't think the game will be ruined by an attempt to casualize things. If it's ruined it'll be because of them trying to be too weird and creative instead of just focusing on the thigns people enjoy about the game, but I trust that they'll make it good in any case, I just really don't think they'll dumb it donw too much.

>tfw your boy is pretty much guaranteed to be out

Attached: 1556042883642.png (321x650, 164K)

thoughts on kolin?

Attached: 1538184052580.jpg (934x1152, 213K)

Clipping/10

It has insanely well neutral and most of the characters are so balanced the tier list is almost negligible. Only noticeable ones are Enkidu and Mika since they don't have moves that go across the entire screen.

Attached: Mika Bongo.gif (456x404, 326K)

>Guilty Gear was alright but I didn’t really like the combos in it.
I feel the exact inverse on that. I think Under Night's alright, but I absolutely abhor the combos in it, I couldn't stand to play it anymore because of that. Meanwhile, I adore GG, but I tend to like anime fighters in general, including UNI, but the combos in it are awful and are easily my least liked thing about the game aside from the lobby system.

What region? I own the game, but barely ever played it, but I wouldn't mind playing. I would ahve to re-download it though.

For some god forsaken reason Iv'e gotten into Touhou 12.3 lately. Its pretty fun for such an off the wall fighter.
Its still a weird feeling practicing such a dead and poverty fighter though.

You bet your crazy ass I am.

Attached: 1565134061276.jpg (1632x4096, 649K)

I think Skullgirls is too combo heavy for a beginner.

I quit playing on switch and moved to fightcade. So much better.

>I don't think the game will be ruined by an attempt to casualize things. If it's ruined it'll be because of them trying to be too weird
That can go hand in hand though. DBFZ serves as an example, super dash is an idea that can work while also making stuff easier for newer players. Instead it is annoying to deal with. Honestly the biggest thing I'd like to see is ArcSys to get their head out their arse when it comes to balancing. They get set on an idea when really sometimes the game being like that isn't for the best.

i dislike most anime games too, more specifically arcsys games. they are pretty as fuck but i absolutely fucking hate the mechanics they add to most of their games.

12.3 community is still alive. Kind of. It's at Evo Japan so that's good right?

I miss the Yea Forums threads

ITT: Posts that you can smell

They can go hand in hand, but I mean I think the game will have something like Danger Time, I don't really mind Danger Time for the record, it's just an example, which wasn't added in to make things easier, it was jsut added in because they thought it would be fun. I think stuff like that or the kind of mindset that brought about games like Isuka or GG2 are more likely to ruin the game than an attempt to make the game more accessible. I have never taken issue with GG's steps to make the game more accessible so I trust they know how far to push things without sacrificing the skill ceiling or what people like about the game.

I don't entirely trust that they will hold back from implementing something weird just for the sake of it or because it seems cool even if it's the kind of thing a lot of people will dislike, especially with the talk of "We're taking a big risk with this game."

just pick DIO and with stand off doing jumping light negative edged into standrush on landing and then crouch jab then repeat

What's wrong with combos? The tutorials gives you a few nice bread and butters you can lab with to learn extensions and mix up. Skullgirls is as beginner friendly as a complex fg's come imo.

its not about winning, its about having fun and exploring a game's physics engine and mastering it. i dont care for rep'ing a combo all day. i care about meta. there aren't enough agility options in jojoban for me.

I've been playing a lot of melty blood lately,also kof all this talk about Terry made me nostalgic,now I can't wait for xv

Is the character named "JoJo" supposed to be Jonathan or Joseph?

The combos in Skullgirls are quite long though, if I were new to fighting games and trying to do the combo trials in Skullgirls I feel like I would find it pretty intimidating. I think GG, and probably UNI too, are more beginner friendly, partially because I prefer their tutorials, but also because, in GG moreso than UNI, there are a lot of really short, but practical combos for you available in the trials, that anybody should be able to do with little trouble. Even then, I see a lot of people who are new to fighting games doing those combo trials and they regularly have trouble with the 5D6 combo everybody in the game has. If a beginner can't even handle that then I really don't think they can handle what Skullgirls throws at you in its combos.

>game with an input buffer
>harder than melee's 0-frames input buffer and 300 APM

Attached: 1567664588339.jpg (750x1000, 50K)

Both and more

It's part 2 joseph in this game

Joseph.

Ultra SF IV is on sale for $7, should I pick it up? Huge fan of 2/alpha/3.

Attached: batman.jpg (704x1000, 72K)

To be fair wizard's kind of a dumbass little bitch. Did you see how incompetently this years evo was ran? Between Infexious winning SF and the Snake joke during Tekken I gotta say I couldn't stop laughing. Evo is a joke these days only good for announcements.

I suppose its floating around, but I'm not nearly good enough or committed enough yet to really look into it.

Is there a game like Bushido Blade but not dead?

Yeah it's honesty much better than sfv

One Strike is like BB, but there's no online. Fun as fuck to play with friends.

>filename

based

>constant technical problems; forgetting the overlay through some games' top 8s, stuttering and desyncing during trailers, displaying Infexious's name (3rd place) when Bonchan won grand finals, etc.
>CONSTANT 10–15 minute ad breaks concurrently across every single EVO channel so you couldn't just go watch another game while you were waiting, players had to just sit there through it before playing their matches, made every bracket take much longer, Saturday and Sunday both ran late deep into the AM
>tons of off-stream sets to the point that GIMP was paying people $5 per set to record them with their cellphones, some notorious upsets only witnessed in person may be lost to history
>SC6 had to get through its entire bracket in a single day
>BB:CTB on Sunday despite no one playing or watching it
>Sunday reduced to 4 games, Sunday tickets cost the same anyway, ran just as long 5 game Sundays in previous years anyway
>Ultimate players didn't buy Sunday tickets (which MrWizard chided Smash 4 players for in 2017) so half the arena was empty
>codec controversy necessitated public statements from EVO, Harada, and David Hayter and ruined expectations for Tekken 7's season 3
>Infiltration got banned last year for his wife being a lying crazy bitch, comes back to win Samurai Shodown pissing off the SJW crowd
>woke crowd upset about Infiltration being allowed to participate and win Samurai Shodown, EVO scrubbed him from montages
>video of MrWizard berating a spectator for getting too towdy
>top figures in the FGC are calling out EVO's predatory payout practices and lack of budget transparency
>several people were groped and roofied at the Red Bull afterparty
>Gllty (literal tranny) actually does the creepy for a #MeToo to happen, gets banned
>Chris Ban got #MeToo'd and banned from every notable tournament
>James Chen and UltraDavid getting grilled for old problematic tweets

Attached: prove him wrong.png (441x430, 204K)

Not even worth 7$ lmao.

My favorites to play are the gundam vs. games but Versus is fucking dead online and it doesn't even have local.
At least I can enjoy BBCF and Samsho

Attached: 1518459114773.png (486x576, 276K)

Is CF not dead online too? It was last time I checked, but I don't check often.

For the most part, but it at least has some single player modes to dick around in unlike the others.

i have put hundreds of hours into basic shit and i still suck im just a mess

>a mess
Jeb?

Attached: 1550365395253.webm (1920x1080, 2.74M)

this is still by far, by FAR, the hottest animation ever in a video game

Garou is better

Samsho bros, who do you main and why?
For me, its Hanzo.

Attached: win_hanzo.png (304x224, 19K)

Would you guys preferred to regress toward to strict input oriented mechanics like sf3, kof98?

Hanzo, more like SHITzo.

Yoshitora because I don't want to do anything but get the seventh sword.

Tekken and Smash are better than Garou, also you don't play Garou.

Switching between Darli and Shiki right now. I want to like Yashamaru, but he is just a bit too dry

I'm at 970k bp in dbfz, looks like I'll finally reach living legend this weekend. This is the highest rank I've gotten in a fighter and my gameplay has been super crispy lately so I'm pretty happy.

Rimururu because she's cute

>seichuusen godanzuki
>not using abare tosanami then juggling

This.

If you need a SF fix, may as well buy it.

Galford because Poppy

Attached: poppy-anicolor[1].gif (262x208, 12K)

Sometime last year in 3S against two friends. They were getting super salty out of nowhere because they were getting cocky and stopped being cautious about projectiles. Made me pretty uncomfortable so I bounced and am pretty hesitant to play with those guys again.

Attached: 1552921159738.gif (202x254, 1.54M)

SFV. Not because of anything to do with the game itself but because it has the most new players you can play to teach you to block and punish point blank sweeps and DPs and that's what is most important for a beginner.

2I's and New Gen's OSTs are better.

I only watch Saltybet.

WRONG

Attached: NO PERVERTS!.png (99x100, 14K)

Attached: cielroa.webm (512x384, 2.92M)

God I wish I could get my old crew to play Melty again.

Attached: Vegeta_in_the_rain.gif (500x300, 489K)

Disgusting.

>SFIV
>honest
PFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Might as well be doing crack

I want Bridget

Attached: concerned_ui.png (616x616, 405K)

Is this the game with Sugoi? she seems fun to play

Unironically don't start playing them. If you didn't play them as a kid when they still made good ones, now is not a good time to start. They are too zoomer repellent.

You'd be wasting money on a dead game.

All girl team

SoulCalibur 6, doesn't have big combos, a more grounded fighter with a big focus on neutral

not at all hopefully, its just mvc without the m

>Akuma was already bad
For reference I don't play Tekken but I thought he was supposed to be balls to the wall strong with Geese just being even better. Did they just nerf the shit out of him?

Akuma used to be good at launch but he got nerfed. S3 patch nerfed his fireball damage but lets him combo into Raging Demon after a screw. Geese was Top 2 until the S3 patch though.

Now is the absolute best time to start, since the 09 Revival I spent years trying yo get good in several games to no avail but the second SFV came out people started making a bunch of vids actually explaining you how to play the fucking game (frame data, buffering, how to poke efficiently, etc.) Now I win locals in a couple games and actually have fun playing.

I need more webms like this

Attached: 1559334823581.webm (584x428, 2.41M)

God sprites don't get enough love nowdays and they are perfect for fighting games,I want more games like Skullgirls,blazeblue and kof xlll

>all that shit damage

Make an AI that conjures HD sprites.

Punch Planet is coming out of Early Access soon and is 2D, although not sprites. Has a nice style though. Ultra Fight Da! Kyanta 2 is sprite-based but it's got that "one Japanese dude did all this in MSPaint" look.

Attached: Garansha.png (960x540, 72K)

>reupload of a reupload of a reupload of a youtube reupload

SHIT QUALITY

I don't know shit about programing user

Punch planet sound interesting will check it out,thanks user

>When she pops super
Gifs I can hear...

Mindgames

This. Only thing I can say is that the skill ceiling is slightly higher than most other fighting games. It’s on par with high lvl 3rd Strike or Mahvel 2. Makes sense, they were all released within like 3-4 years of eachother or less.

>Currently playing UNIST
>Enkidu main

Somedays I feel solid af win or lose. But some days I feel like I cannot get in and peoples buttons reach further and stuff my 2B/5B attempts. Its a living hell almost every MU feels like a new brand of obstacle course that I have to dash block into and most of the time has better close neutral buttons anyways.

I'm sure it is. But I'm also sure it's a thing that about 80% of players do. They just know how to keep it hush.

Melee & Marvel 2 are very similar games in terms of the meta that formed and the legacy they have; the one CRUCIAL difference is that the long-awaited sequel to them was taken very differently by their respective playerbases. Granted, that's mostly Brawl's fault for being designed to be anti-competitive. Still, even the Marvel 2 gods mostly transitioned to 3, even those that didn't like 3 as much as 2.

Then Infinite was to Marvel was Brawl was to Smash, and now Smash has their Ultimate game that's the peak of the series like UMvC3 was even if some of the Melee purists are still around.

This only looks fast to people that have never played a fighter in their life, its actually more or less what.you do in ultimate minus the advanced tech

Scared. I wanna see real matches and not a cinematic trailer the new trailer just like Xrds used a lot of camera pans and other shit. I wanna see mechanics and how the game is gonna flow. Rev1/2 might as well be my favorite fighting game at this point and I don't want GG to go back like other series.

Especially since im usually left 50/50 on getting my character in games and I use Faust Ky Potemkin in GG so this is the rare occurrence where im guaranteed my 3 boys regardless so I want it to be good.

Makoto is fucking Unga holy shit

>UN combos
>Better
Literally BB style combos but with easier windows. Just OTG limits and constant pick up tools. Also people like to call the game anime SF but you have Seth running around and Hyde the shoto of the game has baby move everything and 3.5K combos that carry from corner to corner off the most mundane shit in the world. Not to mention Phonon that lets retards feel like they can play footsies because almost the entire cast has to eat shit and deal with her pokes until they get in on a character with a godlike 2A and dp.

But its fine they made Akatsuki so any retard can get to mid level like Leo players in Xrd but atleast Leo requires more move knowledge then learning how to apply B tatsu with ex fireball and a few pokes.

All couldve been avoided if the Ryu wasnt so obnoxiously aggresive

I hope Cl-r gets some guests that aren't just waifu fuck bait. Id love Sai from Blitz to get in the game or one of the male MB characters. The first Cl-r reveal has to be the most homo looking shit in the world. I don't get why anime game characters that use Ice have to be extremely gay.

The dp was the only mistake honestly. But to be fair against characters that can kill you super fast I feel like its easier to make mistakes because you want them dead faster but in this case its probably just being too zealous.

>I don't get why anime game characters that use Ice have to be extremely gay.
Because ice is pretty and snow is the element of transience, which is interpreted as youth and beauty.

Is there an anime fighter where cool shit does more than the equivalent of chip damage in other fighters

how the fuck are you gonna avoid that? they both already basically had full meter, being constantly aggro is p much all he could've done against a makoto, he should've just been better about mixing in grabs instead of going full balls to the walls on either hits or grabs (see how the mak teched like 3 or 4 grabs at start, it's obvious she knows that she's only ever gonna need to tech or parry)

Danger Time'd anything in Xrd. But people aren't really happy about Danger Time, in general.

DP is ALWAYS unsafe

ok? she parried a lot more than a dp in that webm lol. i guess ryu could've taunted instead of immediately going in when she was stunned, that might have saved him bcuz i think ryu's taunt gives some sort of buff to his stun bar

I dont know why people say smash is Fundamentally different from other fighters.

Mixups and reading opponents are some of the things I learned in Smash that work pretty well in a shit ton of competitive environments, even blackjack

I really hope CL-R doesn't get anymore guests. Both Eltnum and Akatsuki are annoying as fuck to play against and there are lore relevant UNI characters that could be made playable instead.

Considering I'm pretty new ti fighters in general, which would be the best or worst characters to try first in Killer Instinct?

Attached: Daigo.gif (636x266, 1.19M)

Does SamSho still have a decent player base on PS4? Payday’s tomorrow and I like the bit of it I played with a friend. Definitely appreciate the slower, more methodical approach to fightan than crazy off-the-rails combo stuff.

>Does SamSho still have a decent player base on PS4?
lol

Its pretty damn good.

What are you guys playing? I'm currently trying to wrap my gorilla brain around SamSho with Yoshitora but something just isn't clicking into place when it comes to my gameplan. I could also just be getting thrashed since everyone I've gone up against has like 1000+ games.

Really looking forward to the next DLC character too. At the same time I'm also docking around with Akatsuki Blitzkamph and might finally pick up Lethal League Blaze when the new character drops.

Attached: 76600844_p0.jpg (1500x1800, 671K)

Anyone who plays fighting games and takes it seriously is a fag

Attached: modern fighting games are terrible and smash is fun lol.png (1914x1516, 2.91M)

give it to me straight samsho bros, is there even a chance of my boy making it back in?

Attached: b541c853b03608a29304dc6b348ab963.png (877x708, 767K)

>skill

hahahaha

Attached: Dead or Alive Hardcore.jpg (3225x2156, 1.03M)

No but kazuki might get his rekka

No matter the sales, Trash will never have the competitive credibility of fighting games. Now delight us with your absence, or I will make you take a shower.

>win the set
>or desperately try to land your last three specials to get the 7th sword

Earthquake.
I like him because his moves are really good at punishing. You have no idea how many people I screwed with just by using his teleportation move and the sudden ass drop. Don't get me started with his heavy slashes. That's a whole different story

Attached: Earthquake.gif (304x128, 7K)

how to trigger Yea Forums

Attached: JustBlock.webm (894x664, 2.4M)

Alpha-3 are shit yeah, but I’ll take Garou over New Generation or Second Impact.
Hell, I’ll take ‘99 over those fucking games. 3S is based. XmVSSf is dumb fun.

It fucking is, but it’s tutorial is fantastic.

I don't support any game that doesn't have crossplay in 2019

Attached: 1545134208638.png (444x440, 311K)

so you just play rocket league and sf5 all day? lol

Melee Puff mains where at?

Attached: jugglypiff.gif (274x298, 809K)

Tekken 7 is good, Samsho is good, Smash Ultimate is good. Here is the catch... none of those games have good online, so, you better have some one good to play offline.

Fix your aspect ratio you horrid little shitstain. /s

The fuck is this shit list?

Galford or Hanzo, ninjas are pretty fun

Street Fighter 2 Turbo with videos since it’s pretty old. Skullgirls is great about teaching you how to play but a ducking horrible experience if you plan to play online(most will be but this one especially). Killer Instinct is also good and helping you learn. I think recent NRS games do to but I’ve not touched one in ages.
Any Samurai Shodown game is a decent choice since it’s less about combos and more about fundamentals and reads.

Pick whatever game you want, even if it’s not there.
Just remember 3 important rules:
1. You will get fucked up. Losing is apart of learning so bear in mind.
2. Find someone better than you and make friends. Local play is best but online will do just fine. You learn more playing with better players.
3. It’s fine to use AI to practice actual moves and just having fun but remember you won’t learn shit playing with AI in the longrun. Other players are where the knowledge you need is.
Optional: If you have a local FGC scene or live near a tournament area go to it!
Always support your fucking local scene.
Conventions and arcades also tend to have an FGC.

Attached: AA3FAD69-17E9-4786-BBDB-F2A795CBD529.jpg (768x1024, 74K)

In all the classics (and in some crossovers like CvS2 & NGBC) I play Haohmaru. Just a simple big button -> big damage character with a couple neat tricks.

In the new one I actually like Darli & Wu a lot. Darli just feels really good to play as and Wu just has this interesting kit that can be a zoner but can also scare you in the mid-close range. Feels a little weird since I rarely vibe with female characters but I like it.

Outside of SamSho I nearly always play the biggest fat and/or muscle dude but I really fucking hate Earthquake and have since SamSho II. I can't really pinpoint why exactly, but his moveset and design don't click with me at all. I really hate how he plays, and given how command grabs work in SamSho I'd rather just pick Darli over him (or Gaira in V Special).

Attached: 1556250723141.jpg (1020x1447, 433K)

It’s nothing like Alpha, but you will probably like it.

Showers are nice, but "competitive credibility" is gay and unneeded, I prefer quality

Sonicfox is a zoomer and look where he went.

Anyone else honestly prefer keyboards over fightsticks and controllers?

Attached: keyboard.png (1500x1000, 2.13M)

whats your current favourite game bros? I play competitive ||smash ultimate|| but want to dust off my old fightstick again and get back into it

Attached: smiles.png (500x751, 283K)

Jago and Sabrewulf are pretty easy. Don’t fuck with Aria, Gargos or Spinal if you want easy. That said you should play who you like the most regardless.

>the discord spoiler
fuck im retarded

I do, that's why I made a hitbox

>le garou is good meme
Garou is shit bruh
Floaty garbage just like Kof 2003

The answer is always try to get my last specials for me.

trying to motivate myself to learn rachel in bbcf

Rev 2.

My best friend literally refuses to play against my Joker in Ultimate, and he won't play me in SoCalVI at all

She's too good for SFV

Save her for SFVI provided it's not a linear clusterfuck

>fighting game releases new revision of the game that forces you to repurchase the game in order to access the new characters, balance patches, etc
>consumers complain that publishers are jews
>fighting game instead makes their new characters part of a season pass, so you can purchase them a la carte without having to buy characters that you don't care about, and balance patches are free, so you don't have to repurchase the entire game to continue playing multiplayer
>consumers still complain that publishers are jews
What the fuck are they supposed to do, then? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sure, there are a few cases where characters are arbitrarily locked behind a paywall when they could've been included in the base game (ie, preorder DLC characters). But in most instances, these characters are developed after launch.

Attached: 1567718689278.jpg (750x400, 70K)

>what the fuck are they supposed to do
make any updates to the game free

Attached: baiken rq.webm (640x360, 2.47M)

I only play smash seriously but I respect other games and players, and I enjoy watching the top level matches at majors for almost every game

I honestly think most of the community feels that way, it's just the turbo autists online with loud voices that give us a shit rep

free and open source

Attached: 1563050276896.webm (878x480, 2.68M)

Some special moves are a bit unintuitive with keyboard like charge moves or half-circle/circle but once you get the hang of it I find them better than fightsticks and controllers.

Rotting in Hell, Mang0's next

Depends on the character. I'd be surprised if I can pull off a 720 decently

As much as I think Akatsuki is small brain the cast is full of small brain assholes. The top 5 of UNIST all have atleast 2-3 things that are flat out retarded for example Merks full screen hit grab that is confirmable that doesn't even have a hurtbox and can be used on reaction to any fireball of the game to pretty much negate any zoning in a MU that character has to put up with well having all the tools to deal with anyways.

Meanwhile Enkidu is a character designed around spacing -3/-4 situation strings to trip people up in a game where half the cast can reach these things even if they're max range spaced.

Is it even worth it to try to get into the less popular fighting games as a beginner? I'm fairly new and wanted to check out KoF 98 because it seems fun, but there's no way to play against people that have been playing for thousands of hours unless I mess around with getting involved in a discord. I don't have a problem with playing with people who are better than me but the skill gap is so vast I don't think I'd learn anything. I guess I could just lab by myself for an eternity. Also, everyone on fightcade is either brazilian or chinese.

New additional characters are a significant financial expense to develop and the price of the base game doesn't cover their development, especially considering how niche fighting games are as a whole. I think the season pass model is a completely fair way to allow consumers to add additional content to the game without having to rebuy the game over, and allows the publisher/dev to be compensated for their work, and incentivize even more added content. And like I said, the balance patches are free even if you decide not to ever buy any DLC characters, so you aren't locked out of multiplayer with an outdated version of the game.
I don't see how people defend guys like ArcSys and shit on Capcom/Namco, when ArcSys has the same "release a new revision and force everyone to rebuy the same game a year later just to get three new characters" business model that Capcom had 30 years ago.

I will care about Samsho once a punch boy gets in honestly. They all look like Enkidu and have godlike aesthetics. Either that or that dude with the musket.

You can't taunt and then also get a damage combo in that situation. It's one or the other. You can mash super fast out of stun in 3S if you're good.

>Hotashi
>Trying to use a character that requires triple digit IQ.

Stick to Eltnum and Elphelt friend the let you keep up with people who didn't flunk out in the 4th grade.

>>Trying to use a character that requires triple digit IQ.
LMAO nice cope baikentard

Pretty cool

Attached: DB61DF7B-3E80-4C95-981D-87915C3B34CD.jpg (1024x576, 96K)

So do people like Street Fighter 5 now or is it shit?

based kuroda

I hate that shit. Like if I do it by accident I feel like I got a cheap win. So I never do it. Id rather keep the fight going until both are damage says 618% or some shit and who ever gets tapped first gets blasted into the void, One-Punch style.

I also havent played melee in years. And now I want to challenge my rival cousin again. Oh, the memories.

It's shit

>especially considering how niche fighting games are as a whole.

Why are they using so much budget then if fighting games are niche? Because they know they'll get away with DLC. If they really don't want to be called jews then they should just make development cheaper, simple as that. Games don't even have content these days so it shouldn't be too hard.

visited my brother who got ragey in smash after I kicked his ass with my day 1 banjo

That's the real shit right there.

Cute. Now post the variant that has Jigglypuff dancing around the ledge for six whole minutes.

Attached: 9630556506e2f3f17fd1c6a3306a59d4.png (1198x2000, 3.26M)

This

My friend ragequit from JoJo after I fucked him up with Hol Horse. It was incredible because before that he was constantly praising the game and saying how good it was compared to modern fighting games. His opinion did a complete 180, now he says it's soulless trash made for autists and that Capcom always sucked.

hbox

Attached: hbox.webm (458x404, 1.26M)

Should add SNK and/or ArcSys to the roster.

Anyone watching the street fighter league? they have a cute girl but she lost

Attached: 1553053629318.png (776x1624, 898K)

I'm not as interested in watching with Idom not being around.

Sonic Fox literally admitted that he used Adderall and Prozac, but is ok because he have "diagnosed anxiety", therefore being autist = get you an advantage vs a sane person.

Attached: OJ.gif (305x424, 2.31M)

Merks' grab differs from projectiles in that it is very negative on block and he straight up eats shit if it whiffs. Hell, Nanase can punish it with 236C on shield for an easy 4k damage

I hate hbox for a reason other than being a Puff main
este hijo de mil puta es una desgracia para mi país, me da vergüenza

Katarina in Tekken 7 for about 10ranks which is about 20matches.

Add an addictional 5 ranks and 20 matches if you spam lows.

como puedes sentir vergüenza de que este jugando para ganar.
Pena por los demás jugadores que prefieren jugar por el WOOOOOOOOOOOOW MIRASTE ESE COMBOOOOO SIIIIIICKKKKK en lugar de jugárselas a la mejor estrategia.

Dead game so no.

youtu.be/qb8Egb8H5GA

SFV has problems but it's still a good game

Attached: DP motion believe.jpg (1600x900, 559K)

Claro porque "bair to win" es mucho mejor verdad? Anda a cagar vos y el gordo teton

si ganas si, culpa al juego no al jugador.

this

>FGC shat on smash for years
>smash is the only relevant fighting game and the FGC is basically dead
nothing makes me laugh harder

Based

Baiken is nearly as braindead as elphelt, retardbro

While I do appreciate your filename, I want to say that 3S is the most overrated fighting game ever made.

This is why 2d SF style fighters are so shit. Half the game is starting at someone pushing the other guy into a corner at the edge of the screen.

>to be on equal footing with ours?
Why would they want to downgrade their game?

Who's a good character for learning to play Melty with. I'm liking the look of Kohaku, Nero, Ryougi and Riesbyfe so far

Attached: 1562212455108.gif (96x96, 15K)

play banana shiki

He means your community. It's as bad as your reply

If he were anyone else besides one of the "gods" he'd have been out of the community long ago. Sucks how you can be a piece of shit but because you're grandfathered into the scene people just tolerate you.

and the other half is the other person doing the same? Do you feel the same about Baseball/Football teams having to swap between playing defense and offense?

but Idom is playing right now?

Genjuro because I suck

Attached: 328C915F-5FF2-479C-99C0-7C7CA25883CA.jpg (664x897, 137K)

Merk's grab is scrub filter

find a flaw

Attached: 1552694769041.png (699x1240, 698K)

I want a new Darkstalkers

Attached: raptor.png (476x362, 212K)

My girl got buffs in season 3.

Attached: 1546658941667.jpg (624x879, 656K)

easily

Attached: 1567734333794.png (699x1240, 707K)

Today. In Overwatch. I play Torb.

Well fuck I guess I might be watching another season then.

This thread isn't for you, fps shitter

Attached: 1560385459641.png (1010x838, 592K)

I'm a retard this was meant for

Nakoruru because she is fun and cute. I have come to terms with the fact that I just like cute shit and that is okay.

Attached: SS5PortraitNakoruru.png (304x224, 17K)

What does Yea Forums think of poverty? What's your favorite poverty fighter?

Attached: Poverty.png (1600x600, 1.01M)

Attached: tumblr_inline_nq7qcjCrx71t56ltq_500.png (500x274, 143K)

kof

cool

I like poverty. I've been trying out Blitzkampf and Kyanta 2 lately; I play Kanae and Chihiro/Blues/Cocorn personally.

Attached: 1565593218574.png (443x768, 347K)

I said poverty, not classic.

My brainlet cerebral palsy'd ass finally went from fucking up 90% of my attempts at basic Hazama microdashs to only 40%.

Attached: 1544285579618.png (624x533, 282K)

fighting games are cursed. every game I want to play has garbage netcode. so finally I throw up my hands in disgust and turn to fightcade in the hopes I could at least play old ass games I used play only to learn that it too is unplayable trash chock full of input delay and dropped inputs

fml

what would you do with a kolin gf?

Attached: 75016233_p0.jpg (1230x1521, 1.41M)

I WILL PUNCH YOUR THROAT.

Play Kazumi in tekken

Kyanta seems like it would be great for getting my friends who only play smash into normal fighting games due to ease of inputs except they refuse to even touch it due to its graphics and sound so I don't have anyone to play the game with. I'm a fan of Azuma and his robo counterpart.

>ctrl+f Koihime
>0 results
Where's the love?

have you considered that maybe you have bad internet

>is called out on being a whiny bitch
>immediately resorts to ad homenim, implying the FGC is exclusively Evo

He's right you know. SFV sucks.

The one I haven't started.

As someone who plays him as a secondary I know this feel. Those off days when playing him can be pretty intense and lead to lots of mistakes but when it's a good day, getting the counter hits and baiting out with proper spacing feel so satisfying.

You could try showing them Fantasy Strike and Blade Strangers since those are similarly simple. Blade Strangers is also a crossover game of sorts; if they know Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase, Cave Story, Shovel Knight, or Binding of Isaac, then they'll know at least one character (and there's leaks that say that there's a few more characters coming, including Plague Knight).

Chaos Code, Arcana Heart 3 and Koihime are all surprisingly fun in the few hours that I've got to play them so far.

Kinda wanna try the Umineko fighter too, looks fun also.

Hah. Ask Ally about that one.

I don't know, latin america looks pretty poor to me.

i dislike fighting games
it's always about one kind of beef or another and there always has to be drama in the community somewhere
i want no part of any of it

I've just gotten into Street Fighter Third Strike and I'm gonna pick up Dudley. I've purchased the Xbox 360 online version because I've heard people say that it's the best version of the game next to the original arcade version and the PS2 port. I'm looking to purchase a cheap fight-stick cause I just can't stand playing on a 360 pad, any recommendations?

>I don't like game because of thing that happens outside of game
Yeah, I agree with you, but how about playing the game tho? I honestly play fighting games to have fun.

i mean i play smash but i know that's not a part of the fgc
but as for the games themselves i think just limiting gameplay to just a single flat plane with no platforms i mean, im not talking about 2d removes a lot of the fun for me

I used to use keyboard for 4-button fighters. Could never get used to playing SF on it, so I ended up getting a stick.

IaMP (Touhou 7.5)

here ya go

Attached: ibuki_3touch.webm (720x404, 351K)

kill yourself.

Attached: akumaparry.gif (303x252, 2M)

I only like Tekken and Smash. What does that say about me?

That this is you on another IP

Congrats, you have the same amount of input complexity as Fate Unlimited Codes.

Cope. Sfv is a better game objectively

There are smashers lower than hbox in notoriety who have done far worse and are still fucking around

The cutest shota

Attached: samurai shodown 2019 shizumaru.png (664x897, 416K)

Play and beat Street fighter 2 at 8 stars

Once you succeed in that, you will have the foundation to try any other fighting game.

If you can't do that, you will never be good at fighting games.

focus on the movements themselves. practice slowly if you can't do it at full speed. think ahead.

3 > 4 > 5 > 2 Ultra
Prove me wrong

Fighting games are for blacks and asians. The games are made by developers to get the two together around the world to settle disputes between the two clans. Each year the black and asian clans meet at evo where yearly peace treaties and politics are discussed between the two clans.

Attached: Otis.png (676x424, 255K)

This poster has never beaten a minority or left pools

Attached: YIPES.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Samsho for 2D, sc6 for 3d

at least you admit it

Attached: waifu mains.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

>Playing Smash
>Dumb Roy walks into my chainsaw sword while I'm charging F-Smash and dies
>He does it again
>He's not DIing out of it at all.
>Keep charging
>He's locked into place where the animation looks like his ass is skewered on the sword taking constant damage.
>Smack him with the fully charged F-Smash, which shouldn't even land.
>Sudden lag
>Replaced with a bot.

What's wrong with skullgirls onling?

Season 2 when

>good enough to beat friends so they don't play with me anymore
>not good enough for discord people so they play 2 or 3 games with me and never come back

>Getting your ass kicked by the Box from Portal

October

Noice

kek

This one stopped working for me when I got a new computer. Is there a special setup you use?

>Get hit once
>Die

Nice "game" you have there.

I'm not taking it, user. Bait somewhere else.

Attached: ur gutting me.jpg (659x960, 80K)

My favorite part about melee is that one of the best DMC players used to be a melee fag. He finally switched to DMC because melee was too slow

Been a Tam Tam main since V Special and on Day 1. Not a fan of his now-useless command grab or getting punished for landing my IOH jC but he's still great at what he does. Gotta love clap clap brr.

Canonically he got whirr'd into Kazuki's sword so no chance unless they decide to break out Slash/Bust variants for whatever reason. That's a shame because Enja and Suija were fun to use.

Attached: tamtam-ss4slash.png (229x184, 7K)

SFV hate is a Yea Forums phenomenon. It's one of the most popular lighting games right now for a reason and it makes people who play less popular games angry especially on Yea Forums. I'm sure some autist will try to prove me wrong now but it is what it is.

You either like the crush counter, +/- 2 meta, or you don't.

WRONG
youtube.com/watch?v=RfZiIPzuCMQ

>play virtua fighter
>it's kinda cool
>try the characters slowly learn them
>try Jean Kujo
>hey, he's easy to learn
>learn his ropes
>Getting a real good feeling for the char
>Still practice other characters
>Man, I might be decent soon to play online
>Time to move on from these consoles
>The new games aren't as interesting
Oh

Attached: 1y1b3y.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Attached: bloody_roar_you.webm (720x576, 1.81M)

can anyone here that actually plays alpha 3 (no one lol) explain to me why the negative edge is so fucking retarded? I constantly get codys rock if I try to cancel a punch into a ruffian kick unless I fucking hold the punch down.

Whatever happened to Bloody Roar fag? He hasn't shit up fighting game threads in a while.

Attached: 1567636817295.png (861x638, 350K)

What's this dude play like? A cute boy forced into bloody battle is a trope I can get behind.

Floats around with his umbrella, has a DP with bullshit priority and a TAP that's unblockable if you hold the button down for long enough.

Soul Calibur 6. I play as Seinfeld all the time and I use that move where he rotates and dodges to the side and then slam them with his blade.I have perfect Gaurd reflects as well, and tend to deflect a lot of Ultimates. I get a lot of hate mail

Doesn't work on win 10 gotta do it on 7

Disappointing if true

Its inspired by KoF, so no surprise there.

I really hope you realize what you said makes no fucking sense. I really hope you realize you don't know what an input buffer is and that you mixed it up with input delay. Which Melee ALSO has because there's no such thing as zero input delay. I hope you're trolling and not an actual moron.

>Smash
This is a fighting games thread. Out

>all those replies
>those arguments in thread
oh my god Yea Forums is so fucking retarded

I try, but the size of keys means my hand is all cramped up. I want to get a hitbox, but importing one is expensive to bongland and the alternatives don't seem like great deals.

FGCucks can't help themselves, they actually think their tired "XD not fighting game" memes will altrr the reality that Smash (especially Melee) has far more depth than their autocombo simulators.

Attached: 1452446804484.jpg (1654x850, 340K)

They're fun. I play a lot of them.

How so? You just sound like you suck at the game.

Post under appreciated fightan tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=hiRSyKjiBR0

Bro what are you gay?

Attached: dc12443167953f0ff6a51b4f243a36115d71cfd5_00.jpg (389x411, 25K)

>Samsho
when is it coming to pc?

i've only gotten poop projectile to come out once

Attached: kusaregedo-samuraishodown-tk-artwork.png (1154x676, 1.16M)

It's in their competitive nature to talk back when someone gives you shit

Why dont you play her sister? She even cuter and funnier and has some of the nastiest setups in the whole game.

Attached: 556557-samurai shodown rimururu dlc trailer e3.jpg (1000x609, 126K)

Because she has significantly worse neutral and I don't have the luxury of llaying as often as I would like so I stick to what I know for the time being

Koihime

ahem...

SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT

Superior EVERYTHING-based combat

Attached: What a twist!.gif (444x250, 3.85M)

>No numpad
Why would you even WANT this trash?

Attached: Gohan_goes_ssj2.png (308x329, 117K)

Smash is aimed at kids and casuals
Tekken/Street figther is aimed at your typical gamer, it is what it is, you can cope rope or whatever I dont care.