How do you defend this abomination

This looks so fucking bad holy shit GAME FREAK can't do shit like seriously why the fuck WHY

Attached: town-hero-1.jpg (760x428, 81K)

This looks worse than even gust's worst games from a few years ago when they fell for the open world meme and didn't have the budget to make open world maps so you had empty maps shrouded in bloom filters.

>You are literally stuck in ONE town and can only explore that town
Holy fuck, even Pokemon knows how to create bigger worlds than that.

And this was supposed to be their "A" team

Attached: 1524066053150.jpg (777x777, 233K)

It's a 1.9 GB game so you'd better not expect it to be sizeable. I doubt it'll be more than $30.

I don't know what that is but it looks cute

already confirmed $25 digital only

It's got music by Toby Fox. That alone makes the game a masterpiece.

>game freak tries to branch out
>makes ANOTHER 1 on 1 turn based JRPG with zero depth
god dammit guys

Or you could just buy the soundtrack and avoid the shitty game part entirely.

>GF's "A" team game is a budget e-shop title that will be forgotten in a week
This is just embarrassing.

Attached: 1538888765636.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

Game Freak is utterly worthless. Without the Pokemon IP they so grossly mismanage, they'd have broken decades ago. How the fuck do you make this and Pokemon look and run like total ass? Most first year Switch titles are technically leaps and bounds beyond this bullshit. I hate that Pokemon is so big that these garbage peddlers will never die.

This game would have run better outsourced to fucking Compile Heart.

That's a silly argument Undertale haters always have.

Undertale was not developed by Game Freak.

I would be surprised if you can get 100% done in more than 10 hours

They had their chance for a decent non-Pokemon franchise with Drill Dozer and they fucked it up for literally no reason

Attached: DrillDozer-SugimoriArt1.jpg (550x406, 49K)

looks fucking awful but i'll be getting that soundtrack

>believing that clickbait meme
Retards

Doesn't change how neither this, nor Pokemon itself look they way they should for a decently budgeted game in 2019

Is Toby Fox becoming a Nintendo emplyee essentially ? he visited Sakurai's house AND made the soundtrack for Town, would you trust him in makiing Mother 4 ? (assuming Itoi approves since he owns part of the rights)

Why are you assuming they have a decent budget
He's a bad game designer. The gameplay in undertale is embarrassing. His music is good.

Crackpot theory but, maybe GF made this game in order to make people think SwSh look like a masterpiece in comparison, because oh boy it almost works.

You think they were honest saying this was their A team ? Imho it was 100% a lie and this is developed by like 10 people, they simply didn't want it to disappear like Gigawreck or Tembo (which imho had a funny concept, just lacking in Level Design)

Gee why would I think the biggest brand in the world would have a decently sized budget?
For fuck's sakes, even actual indie developers know how to work the budgets they have

They made that stupid mobile quality elephant auto run game to prove they can still make games that aren't Pokemon.
They are completely disconnected from both the industry and reality.

If that were the case they wouldn't go through the trouble of getting Toby Fox to do the soundtrack.
That is going to be this game's marketing. You just know 90% of everyone will buy the game because Fox is involved.

>476866371
He was talking about Town's budget retard
No (You) for you

This
Undertale is literally when a musician at heart decides to make a video game, learning only the bare minimum of programming.

He's literally posted pics of his code and had professional developers balking at how inefficient it was.

As soon as I saw it I thought "man this looks like gamefreak garbage" only to find later on the trailer that it was indeed gamefreak garbage.

this is how zun also started making games, he just wanted to make game music

Source?

You don't get it. It looks like shit because they have to animate 9 billion Pokémon and graphics don't fit in the cartridge when you have so many Pokémon.

5 seconds of googling

Attached: 5d1OKh5.png (595x362, 46K)

>He's literally posted pics of his code and had professional developers balking at how inefficient it was.
Your picture doesn't show me that, retard.

>bad/boring aesthetic
>low scope
At least the fight mechanics look interes-
>it's like some weird card game bullshit and every move has HP
Welp.

Attached: ya blew it.gif (320x174, 2.04M)

You know what, look it up yourself if you're going to be that vindictive.

>looks cool
>oh you can't go anywhere or even run around town in anything other than a game board-like fashion

(((game freak)))