OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_xNzDk6aY

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/1026680/discussions/0/1633040337745205689/
youtube.com/watch?v=P4WCo2LTZxs
youtube.com/watch?v=Rkhsz4R7vfs
youtube.com/watch?v=ckj2FhhhG5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Lower framerate than PS1
> No analog movement like in the PS1 version
> No rumble support like in the PS1 version
> No PocketStation/Chocobo World support
> More input delay than PS1 version
> Shitty gaussian filter applied to backgrounds
> Input in battles on PS1 was done at 60fps
while the renderer ran at 15fps. With the remaster, input is polled at 15/16fps too - so Renzokuken limit break is fucked up as a result.
> Based on the PC Eidos version, reverse engineering shows it's a decompiled x86 version running under a 32bit x86 emulator.

Siren and some slight censorship is the least of this port's problems.

people will buy and defend this

>Based on the PC Eidos version, reverse engineering shows it's a decompiled x86 version running under a 32bit x86 emulator.
Ugh. So at best it's a low quality mod. At worst console users are paying for a lousy emulator

Honestly rendering PSX games at anything but native res looks like shit.

>Yea Forums makes fun of crt filters
>running the game at vanilla settings with a high quality crt filter at 4K unironically yields the highest image quality

Really the best option is composite on a CRT, unless you don't mind unblended dithering.

Based Digi UL Fundry BTFO remaster cucks. I told you guys. Literally right after it was revealed it would be shit.

You can play this game legally on PS1,2,3,PSP,Vita right now.

Your cell phone can emulate this in 1080p.

Literally why do this? Who is this for? Why do Gamecucks crave remaster penis?

>Who is this for?
It released on several platforms for which there was no way to legally play the game, so for them, this is the one and only version. "Remastered" also sounds like they've done something besides merely release an emulator, which they have. It might not be good, but there's been work done here.

It's made for based bois like this

Attached: dont-ask-questions-just-consume-product-and-then-get-excited-58781713.png (500x577, 141K)

Also, I've read the remaster uses MIDI music, or something which sounds similar to midi...

It bugs out at times where it will for inexplicable reasons switch from PS1 music to the PC MIDI music. Random weird bugs, probably they didn't mod the PC version properly enough so it just bugs out at times and then goes back to the MIDI soundtrack.

Top-quality programming.

You can remove dithering from PSX games by rendering at 32bpp

Really only an issue for pixel games that have dithered assets

Wouldn't that cause color banding though?

I swear, the retarded salarymen at Square Shit Enix are outsourcing this to the gookiest of gooks -

steamcommunity.com/app/1026680/discussions/0/1633040337745205689/

It takes effort to fuck things up to this degree

all true, except for the crt filter part

No more than you're already getting at 32bpp
You have to do something with gradients

You haven't seen it done right at 4K with integer scaling. It looks like a real CRT at ordinary viewing distance. I've impressed even purist friends who only retro game on real CRT. I have an OLED panel though so the entry bar is pretty high to do it right

I'll be honest I just love the crunchy PSX look. The game just doesnt look right clean.

>34 pages
And now I'm realizing thousand of people bought a port worse than the other port.

the dithering can look good, some PSX games were designed with it in mind

The fuck happened to the road textures on the world map?

NEVER EVER BUY A "REMASTER", ESPECIALLY NOT IF IT'S FROM SQUENIX

Attached: AHAHAHAHAHA.png (945x999, 527K)

the old pc port had that issue too but modders fixed it

the UVs are off

>limit attacks like squall's renzokuken
>REHN ZOH KOOO KUN
my poor ears

Attached: Balamb Garden remastered version.png (3000x1089, 3.1M)

Did the original pc port (or the original Steam version which I think was just a compatibility-tweaked release?) have the same issues with the 15fps-UI as well? I figure a lot of the problems with this 'remaster' is they based it off of an inferior version.

Attached: 1567556370952.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

Scene objects animated as part of the background (basically a looping FMV) stand out fucking horribly in general in this port.

Holy fucking tiling and nearest neighbor pixel seams Batman

>recasted robin williams with josh brolin

Attached: cid.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

pretty sure yes

Scanline filters is absolute garbage and cringe. Real CRTs don't look like that, in fact on a real CRT TV you can't even see any lines unless you sit super close. People who believe scanlines are visible and some sort of "look" that CRTs have are the same kind of retards who believe that CRTs visibily flicker. Absolutely idiotic. Most of them have never seen a CRT TV.

>Kotaku review brought this up and said it was "cool because it gives you a look into how they used to make games"

Attached: ric flair.jpg (600x800, 83K)

jeez

The road is literally completely grey in the remaster. No more sides of the road.

Not like that is the worst thing going wrong in this picture.

>nearest neighbor pixel seams
it's like you have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: welp.jpg (640x853, 73K)

Jesus

Trinitron CRTs absolutely had visible scanlines, the higher quality CRTs all did. It all depended on the dot masks, the lower quality ones usually were distributed in ways where scanlines weren't visible but they produced much lower image quality

you guys are fucking with us
right?

Attached: zvyhsdk2erk31.jpg (750x725, 178K)

It'd be cool if you retards didn't bring up pixel cleavage or MUH FEMINISM in this thread so this legitimate concerns can be discussed without acting like bitter incels who everyone rightfully ignores.

Attached: filters.jpg (229x220, 13K)

>saving mere pennies hiring bad people to make bad remasters
Bet those profit margins are worth it.

shut yo bitchass up faggot

>I told you

Man who the fuck cares what you told us? You’re nobody.

Anyone know if the AI upscaled HD texture pack works with this version, or if that's being worked on?

Attached: 2223.jpg (2048x1792, 665K)

I don't remember what CRTs looked like because I haven't seen one in years. I use CRT filters because they look cool.

Given the space, I would have a CRT. But I don't have space, and if you're not going to buy me a house to put CRTs in then you can fucking pipe down about it.

I highly doubt anyone is going to mod this shit.

Nice to see FF8 getting the treatment it deserves, kek

Filtering tiled textures that were designed to be unfiltered is a problem of emulation, there's no simple solution or a way to filter them that doesn't create the tile effect, because you can't filter with a bias to the surrounding tiles as the filter algorithm isn't complex enough to know that, and it would really slow down emulation

> People with $0 budget can do this
> But a multi billion dollar company can't

Games industry fucking sucks monkey dicks

Try it out with SABR someday on Beetle PSX HW, it completely avoids the problem.

I don't see why not, it's basically the eidos version with tweeks, what has been modded can be modded again

LOOKIN GOOD

What are the odds they contacted some of the modders on the slick and got them to sign an NDA to do this 'remaster'?

It's basically exactly the same so why would anyone waste their time? Use your brain.

Why? I thought the only thing wrong with it are some really bad textures but it otherwise runs better than the old PC version.
Yeah it's pretty fucking ridiculous, I'm about done with Square Enix for good.

Based
They did with the FF7 Steam port & told the guy to stop working on his custom driver afterwards

How is this emulation if it's the decompiled Eidos exe?

This is still not as bad as their Steam Chrono Trigger release, which required SIX UPDATES to unfuck most of it. Including the one update that broke save points.

Attached: smug hb.png (509x814, 440K)

it does have upgrades such as the 3x time etc

>b-b-but the new faces look closer to the original artwork!
Some people are actually saying that.

Attached: Squall face comparison.png (888x894, 786K)

The Eidos version is using the PSX version's original textures, which were not designed to be filtered because the PSX couldn't filter.

>They did with the FF7 Steam port & told the guy to stop working on his custom driver afterwards

Typical scummy Japanese business antics. M2 did the same with a ROM hacker that was making an Aleste port to Mega Drive.

How much did he even make off that commission? I doubt the remaster sold all that much. Maybe if you're from Russia, a one-time $4K goes a long way.

What if you just didn't use texture filtering, is the Eidos version still fucked then?

It's the exact opposite: Higher quality CRT TVs do not have visible lines. Lower quality ones do, and even with those you need to sit very near the screen to see them.

Honestly Squall is the only one that's off, and he's only off at certain angles, it's pretty good from the right view

Just check out Cid, for instance:
It actually looks like the character design instead of like Robin Williams

Attached: Cid_(Final_Fantasy_VIII).jpg (894x1097, 446K)

So whats the reason behind cards having no artwork anymore but instead 3d models? like all GF cards, also Rai jjn and Fu jjn

Attached: ff7-04.jpg (768x1024, 119K)

Uh.. Why not just play the original at that point? It's going to look like ass

And yes, the original PC version is fucked, it's missing tons of shit that the PSX version had and had to be continually patched/modded to even come close

Original Eidos EXE was compiled for 32-bit instruction set. That doesn't function as-is on consoles, so they had to wrap it all up for the targeted platforms. It's why the remaster doesn't work on a 32-bit OS either.

cringe

I guess it depends what resolution we're talking about. At 240p you'd have to be blind not to see them. Interlaced resolutions not so much obviously

I've fed you enough (you)s, you can believe whatever you want

Was it based off an incomplete.beta version of the PSX game just like FF7? IIRC the water map was missing all the textures on the PC version.

>dithering is an issue
>dithering is an issue
>dithering is an issue
Had to pause the video and take a step to collect myself. Dithering looks awesome when done right and displayed on the right kind of monitor and the vidya artists of the PSX era certainly did their best with games like FF8

Attached: 1354115482785.gif (250x225, 280K)

The KH HD versions took a lot of updates to fix issues as well, the PS3 versions stayed broken

Just got the plat. I noticed something was off with renzokuken. I had to trigger each slash early.

At least I still have my original PS1 copy to go back to playing...

Attached: 86D2954E-8D05-474D-AE3F-492F0213E70D.gif (480x366, 2.38M)

I don't know how much he made, but Square is scummy for sure
They never patched the music bug on the Steam version, but did for PS4/Switch/Xbox, despite them all using the Steam version also

Japanese version was like that. They forgot to censor Sirens card though.

It's ok when nintendo does i-oh wait

People said the same about the FF7 port for PS4 and I played it and saw no problems. Is this the same situation or is it actually a problem?

Attached: FF7 - AmanoCloud1.jpg (777x1000, 686K)

so they added the artworks for the international edition? never heard of that.

It's a collection of small complaints of things that could have been better if they cared, but they obviously don't

As it stands you're better off playing the original

Anything missable?

Attached: lolbifrons44fb4b3917637.jpg (960x837, 160K)

Ok that makes it sound like FF7. Especially since I've never played it before.

Qhimm forums is still alive. All the mods still work on PC. Not sure why anyone would bother with this release when mods do it better.

FF7 wasn't as bad as this, but still worse than original.

I'm not asking which version to play. I couldn't care less about Final Fantasy. I'm just interested in platform differences and botched ports.

Is it really so fucking expensive to just do a proper decompilation? There's dozens of projects out there literally doing it for free for various games as we speak. Then you'll have a sane codebase you can use forever until you go and lose it again.

FF7 doesn't use texture maps as much so you don't have the pixel fuckery

VII had problems but it wasn't IX or worse, X tier, this is genuinely awful. Look at

The new charcter designs are just generic modern Nomura characters. They all look like they are Kingdom Hearts models.

>mods do it better.
Mods do it for free

Dithering wasn't done for effect, it was done as a performance shortcut for when you wouldn't notice that shit on a tube TV due to how colours are bled on it.

>Not sure why anyone would bother with this release when mods do it better.
Again, it's the only option for Switch and PS4 users. Yeah, you'd have to be an idiot to buy this on PC but I think you'd have to be an idiot to buy the original on PC anyway. Clearly people are idiots, get over it.

If PC mods did this (& they have) people would claim they ruined the art style
the hypocrisy drives me insane

>lol bifrons
10/10 vintage

Attached: laughingtaru.jpg (100x100, 7K)

critical

Attached: ultros.jpg (800x587, 87K)

Yes, it was a trick used to surpass the limits of the hardware, and it looked fucking neat
youtube.com/watch?v=P4WCo2LTZxs

I hoped it was Nerrel

You don't know how happy I was to be able to legitimately use this image again, courtesy of WoW Classic.

Attached: FFXI Land.png (522x516, 335K)

What's wrong with IX and X?

Attached: 1567002012287.jpg (1055x846, 288K)

I can see why would wouldn't know about 9's issues but X? Are you retarded?

I don't understand why you're asking this. I grew up with these games but didn't play the remasters. I don't play a lot of new games, I was just wondering what's bad about them.

Some people really sperged over the looks of the character remodeling and slight lighting changes in environment (which were done to facilitate realtime environment/character shadows instead of blobs on the PS2 original). You could argue over the music but they included the original tracks as an option in later releases.

Too bad WoW never had mob trains.

Attached: Crawlers_Nest.jpg (512x382, 57K)

Nowadays, you can add a second sieve, The FFXIV Sieve, in-between those two.

>you'd have to be an idiot to buy the original on PC anyway
In high-school, a girl I liked loved the look of the game on PS1 but she didn't have the console so I bought her the PC version for her dad's comp. She popped my cherry soon after. Best investment I did in my young life.

FFX fucked up the models and animations. You should be able to tell just by looking at it. FF9 is more gameplay in its errors.

LOL some of their shit's good. Romancing SaGa 3's remaster is shaping up to be great.

I've been playing Romancing Saga 2 and I love that it's a fucking SNES game with zero changes on the UI/presentation end, aside from redone art and puppet-animated bosses. Feels like I'm playing a lost relic from the era of JRPGs I grew up with that's new to me.

I don't know what limited group or time era you played in/with but FFXI had no shortage of terribly skilled players even at endgame level. Being able to survive a guantlet of a terribly designed leveling system in no way insured that the people who made it through were good, just that they were dedicated

X is just blatantly worse in every way. I can post more if you like. IX just had really blurry backgrounds compared to the original. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't the "ideal" remaster people wanted.

Attached: 1565329471894.webm (1418x1022, 245K)

Yeah. ArtePiazza have the right approach: keep the characters as-is, update the backgrounds. It looks fantastic. Shame the UI is so terrible.

leave him alone

Attached: ffx remaster.jpg (1440x3240, 617K)

So this remaster is even worse than IX and VII, which have been solved months ago anyway? Neat. Guess they'll patch this shit in two years or so.

re-texturing a shiity weaboo rpg from the 2000s and selling it again

way to go, squeenix lol
up next: seiken densetsu 3 recrapified as three-deeee

SD3 remake looks pretty good and they've already released a translated version on the original like months ago.

FF9 has more issues than that. It's worse than FFX, it just doesn't look bad.

I'm fine with the UI even though it's a little clunky moving items about.

Most of this shit you wouldn't notice without a side-by-side regardless, and a lot of the weirdness is due to idiots emulating FFX's resolution raw without taking into account the aspect ratio squish for TV display.

>Most of this shit you wouldn't notice without a side-by-side regardless
Tidus clearly looks fucked up. Just look at his eyes. I don't know what Chinese interns they got to make the FFX remaster but they were clearly unpaid ones

I mean, the UI is functional, it's just very very ugly. Less rounded edges and opacity/texture options would make it miles better. And believe me, the shit they did to FFX is completely noticeable. They fucked up every single cutscene, animations look very awkward for a game that was the gold standard of the industry, they didn't even bother to put directional lightning.

How much effort would it take to just rewrite the game? We're talking about a fucking JRPG. The script can be dumped from the original, you don't need the source code. Just rewrite the fucking program and it solves all of this. At worst, your dice rolls are slightly different than they used to be but so fucking what

>Most of this shit you wouldn't notice without a side-by-side regardless
The animations are worse, you'd have to be fucking retarded to think they look good whereas it's normal to think FFX(original) looks good.

>Most of this shit you wouldn't notice

Attached: PS2 on left.jpg (1900x508, 148K)

I figure a lot of the UI was just the unfortunate case of being designed as a phone game, and then smashing controller input into it at a later date for the ports to other platforms.

god how did they fuck up so hard

Don't care about the remaster. But I heard that PS1 version was better tgan the fist PC version. Can anyone tell me why? I only ever got to play the PC version.

The first PC version had awful midi tracks which alone made the PSX version superior. To this day, the PC version doesn't support analog controls or rumble, which the PSX version did from the start

Precisely. RS3 doesn't fare better, it seems.

analog movement. Mods fix the rest of the issues

Attached: yuna2.webm (1314x1050, 261K)

It's just so fucking annoying that the PS1 version can't be run with speed boosters without fucking the audio.

Squeenix is just the absolute master at shit ports. It's incredible. They've been doing it so long too. Their PC ports even in the 90s have always been pretty shitty and then they port those ports.

But what were the rest of the issues? Apart from midi soundtrack as another user said.
Or what mods should I get to get a better experience with the PC version?

>those eyes

Attached: ffx.webm (480x360, 1.43M)

>Squeenix is just the absolute master at shit ports. It's incredible. They've been doing it so long too.
I mean, technically, they're not. They're the masters of outsourcing the work to incompetent companies. I don't think SE has ever actually done a port themselves

There's a mod to fix the FPS ,music, and texture issues

Attached: clash.webm (1920x1006, 1.48M)

It's impressive how good they managed to get the models to look in FFX. The details on Lulu's eye are incredible.

Square 1st party vs outsourced Chinese fly-by-night

Man, Wakka looks way better with more visible facial hair.

IX looked brilliant considering all it's money was being siphoned into that trainwreck of a movie

>One of FFX's selling points was how advanced the facial animation was for the time
>Remaster makes everyone look like Botox'd zombies.

>fuck with the lighting and textures too
it's seriously garbage

you should never give a company like SE your money, they're literally making fun of you at business meetings

Attached: HD is right.jpg (3812x1032, 504K)

They're saving Machine A.I techniques for next gen so they have an excuse to re-release everything for yet another generation. If PS5 and Scarlet are backwards compatible, then how else are Publishers going to rob us of our money?

I'm talking about the port, though.

>old SE vs nomura SE
eeehh hehehe

Going to pass on this one. VII and IX were pretty good, specially now that audio's patched, but this shit is egregious on a lot of fronts. Completely ridiculous, not worth the x3 speed.

This post has more errors than distinct words, impressive.

The Monolithic entity known as Square Enix
>remastered game is just a lazy port of an old engine ran through an emulator with a few models changed here and there
>no widescreen support
>broken music
>broken framerate
>environments not changed
>pre rendered scenes not updated at all
>no cut content added back in
>no quality of life features added

The meager Monolith Soft
>remaster of game has significant effort put into it with all characters redone with higher detail assets to allow more subtle character expressions
>higher resolution
>music remastered
>environments changed to round surfaces textures completely redone completely new physically based materials to make objects look better under all lighting conditions as well as make metals more metallic
>pre rendered cutscenes updated to match graphical upgrades for base game
>content previously cut for time added back into the game new voice loines recorded for new in game content
>quality of life features like gathering points added into the game

They can't keep getting away with this.

All i see is X comparison screenshots.
Can i have some X-2 pics?
I actually never played X-2.
I cleared X on ps2 3 times and 1 time on PC remaster. I wonder if should play X-2 remastered or one emulator?

not surprising. if they don't have original source code/artwork/etc they have to do the best they can with reversed engineered code.

Sadly if no one buys this, they'll use it as an excuse not to bother with FF8 in the future
You're fucked either way

Back to your thread Xenofaggot.

Even if FFX was based on Nomura's character designs, the characters were still given life by the modelers. Modern SE takes Nomura's generic anime characters literally and they come across as lifeless plastic, basically straight from KH. That comparison of Seymour is actually unintentionally brilliant, since it ends up looking like old FF vs neo KH style

The problem with lightning and the models is still there (Yuna has her whole face changed up). youtube.com/watch?v=Rkhsz4R7vfs

However, the game uses cutscene models way less than X, and the palette is generally more faithful. It's probably worth playing because it's the International Version translated to english.

It's insane that the 'remaster' is literally a downgrade.

Like one looks like PS3-quality models, the other like PS2-era models, except in reverse. It's incredible.

>it's a decompiled x86 version running under a 32bit x86 emulator.
For what actual fucking purpose

Attached: 4a7.jpg (200x200, 9K)

SNES - PS2 era really was the peak of SE, wasn't it?

In the way that they were mostly not SE.

The entire point here by the company is -

0 effort
0 sunk costs
100% profit

The XC remaster is shit in its own way, faggot.

>god how did they fuck up so hard
Gave it over to chinese sweatshops

>MUH ANIME

It's only flaw will be it's performance because it's on the Switch, maybe you could say it's a bit too early to do a remaster.

I would emulate it. X-2HD has more content but the same shit visuals issue is there. It's up to you.

There's no question about FFX though, emulate or don't even bother.

Attached: Lulu HD on right.webm (1024x510, 2.8M)

>SE was the best when they were SquareSoft and not tied to Enix any
And on the flipside, Enix has never been the same after that merger. Both company got fucked.

What on earth caused this for the FFX remaster? Did they throw away the assets like they did FF8 so they just kind of remade it?

Yes.

Just came here to gloat, Monolith Soft are actually working to get my dollar. Square Enix already know that dollar in their fans pocket belongs to them, fans will hand it over either way.

>Monolith Soft are actually working to get my dollar.
Yikes

Just wait until XB1 Definitive comes out and people cherrypick areas where it looks worse than the original game.

>3x speedup
gonna pirate that shit and play some motherfuckin cards goddamn that's dope

>rehashing a game by putting a shittier art style on top
>working
good goyim

>soul
>soulless

Attached: 1545771219386.png (707x1000, 991K)

>worse than the original game.
It already does compared to the HD mod.

I bought that game a year ago for my Switch but I am to stupid to understand how to play it so I gave up after a half hour. Does it actually ever get fun to play or is it just a meme game that is more focused on its mechanics instead of its game play?

Fuck you, I'm gonna find you and murder everyone you love, nigger!

Shadowbringers is the best FF since at least X

you could literally always uncap your frame rate while emulating
or use cheat engine to speed up the pc version

It's really interesting how all the major fuckups are with the big series. DQI-III just look like shitted on SNES ports, this, all remasters of FFI-VI except the GBA ones... But FF Crystal Chronicles looks good, so does Chocobo Dungeon, Romancing SaGa, the new Trials of Mana, the emulation on the Collection of Mana... Hell, even the worst offender of changed visuals, Last Remnant in UE4, looks mostly very decent in comparison to whatever they did with FFX, one of their flagship titles.

>the new Trials of Mana,
>TLR
user do your homework.

Doesn't that fuck up the audio?

I'm too lazy to do that
the last time I played 8 was years ago on my psp too

You play it for the story. Romancing SaGa series doesn't play like most JRPGs where you grind or keep party members around forever. You're not meant to minmax or keep members around. If they die, they die, and you just rep them and move on until another generation leap occurs and gives you a fresh group.

i bought it and it looks good to me

Sorry for putting a remake in the group. However, TLR mostly looks decent. Sure, it has some lightning changes, but the core of it is mantained. I can't say that of FFX or FFVIII.

> is it just a meme game that is more focused on its mechanics instead of its game play?
Huh?

>Lower framerate than PS1
>More input delay than PS1 version
>Input in battles on PS1 was done at 60fps

It's a shitty remaster but you basically listed the same point 3 times here. The framerate is the same except for the UI and the UI having a lower framerate can fuck precision inputs due to low fps.

Why do we need remasters? What's so bad about putting the games up for sale as-is?

But both of them look awful compared to the originals.

Man, imagine an FF8 remake with actual graphics

Disagree.

reminds me of the FF6 PC release, still get irritated about that shit

>The framerate is the same
It's actually 1fps higher which is problematic. 15fps goes evenly into 60/120hz. 16fps does not, so you'll get a judder every second.

My character died and I couldn't get him back. I had zero clue what I was supposed to do. I left a castle went to some random cave for no reason and died. I could not find a way to keep going so I deleted it, my question is if the game will ever let me play it or will I have to keep stumbling around mechanics that aren't fun in order to get through it.

Attached: X Doubt.png (2847x1412, 1.94M)

Have you read the manual? You seem to not understand what the game's about. The beginning of the game is also more streamlined than the rest with a distinct goal so I have no idea what are you missing. You are talking to most people you meet, no?

The only notable difference is a total lack of lighting.

I can't remember it's been a year or so since I played it but I do remember playing as a king that died for some reason? Then there was nowhere to go so I went out to a cave and died to some monsters and deleted the game. But I know for a fact that there was no instructions on where to go anywhere.

Few remasters receive effort even comparable to this, so yeah.

Undoubtedly it will be cherrypicked, people will shitpost the resolution, easily, but they won't be shitposting the fact that it's emulated, that it's using midi music, that it hasn't been fully tested, that only a few minor points of the visual quality have been improved, and that the games framerate is fucked to the point that it makes some aspects unplayable. All this said and Xenoblade Definitive Edition is a remaster to a game that sold under 1 million units, it's relatively niche, FFX/FFVIII aren't, the FFX remake will easily outsell the best selling Xenoblade game, possibly historically, yet in spite of making more money guaranteed the effort is pathetic compared to Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

It's a remaster, so yeah in context this is good work, they are still working on at least 2 other games, possibly 3, and it's just 1 development studio, meanwhile Square Enix is so far up their own ass that they have massive studios working on a single game because they think that graphics is their major selling point, even though their games are well outside of the top echelon of graphical quality compared to their contemporaries.

hate to be that guy but

>lower frame rate than ps1
this is definitely unfortunate but its the best i can get for a pc version
>input delay
could not care less. it's a turn based jrpg and squall's gunshot timings are extremely generous and pretty much impossible to miss.
>analog movement
don't use it
>rumble support
again this is something that would just annoy me in a turn based jrpg. i would turn it off if it was supported
>pocketstation/chocobo world
does anyone honestly care about that? i don't.
>shitty filter
i haven't noticed anything so far
>it's a decompiled x86 version running under a 32bit x86 emulator
it's painfully obvious that you guys have no idea what this means on a technical level and are just repeating a tweet you saw
>siren coochie
i like the new look better. the old leaf looked like a bush and with siren's ugly face it was really offputting.
>light censorship elsewhere
as long as dialogue isn't impacted in any meaningful way i don't mind

anyway, the textures look really nice which for me outweighs any of this other stuff. it's amazing seeing squall's face as something other than a garbled collection of blurry pixels.

why are nintendo fanboys such cucks

edit: i just read that the framerate is the same except for the UI so i don't care about that either, it's the same as the second point

I can hear your booty getting blasted from here.

>anyway, the textures look really nice which for me outweighs any of this other stuff.
They are objectively inferior

you are a fucking retard

Attached: 1567504502348.png (2084x720, 1.83M)

>i like the new look better. the old leaf looked like a bush and with siren's ugly face it was really offputting.

Attached: 1543875111488.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>anyway, the textures look really nice
nice bait retard

I don't know why they filter them as their source resolution instead of scaling 2/4x internally, 'then' filtering that so there's more neighbouring pixels to blend between without murdering the overall quality.

Attached: SoEasyABedroomProgrammerCanDoit.jpg (1042x720, 568K)

So, you passed through the whole beginning section in which the king passes his abilities to his son and thus becomes the first emperor. The reasons for entering the cave are told to you man, you just had a nigh invasion of goblins that you just mitigated and they tell you "those monsters are at the outpost!". You even can choose whether you can go to the dude that killed your father or to the outpost. It's concisely explained and showcases the type of things you should get accustomed to when playing the game (it's very open about decision and their consequences). Unless you've been playing VERY lazily, there's no reason to get lost at this part of the game, since the rest is MUCH less linear.

>there are people that actually buy remasters of easily emulated or pirated games on even the crappiest laptop
>they are willing to pay money for a worse version of a game

Attached: 1445028391689.jpg (487x332, 46K)

They can also just pay $9.99 to play the PS1 original on PS3/PSP/Vita without all of the problems of this remaster.

Seeing everything in game rather than static comparison images actually makes things look slightly better.
Not great but at least playable.

So I'll take that as a no and I won't play it again then. If I had so much trouble at a so called linear part of the game my brain would probably shut down at the later stages. Thank you for saving me a bunch of frustration.

At the very least, maybe this means they're focusing everything on making FF7R good by half-assing everything else.. Or maybe in typical modern Square fashion that's going to turn out to be a giant half-assed pile of shit that they ruin too.

Attached: 1565740057016.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Good chance FF7R will be shit
SE is 10 years behind in the industry and all talents have left
They literally can't make ambitious games anymore

Attached: 1538239201136.png (500x375, 225K)

The entire point here is that once you rewrite the executable, you have portable code that can be reused again, efficiently, indefinitely instead of emulating broken shit that never worked the way it was supposed to.

Even this abortion has costs associated, so don't go thinking it was free. It also has the cost of making them look really, really bad.

The FFVI port uses new assets. FFVIII is lazy, FFVI is stupid.

Since I don't see anyone mentioning it, does this mean they didn't fuck up the XII remaster too much?

is there remastered version of this yet?

Attached: 1540397743343.jpg (700x1095, 116K)

What does the remastered version of "Whatever." look like?

It looks worse than PS2 as well but that's literally it. It's on PC with 60fps and mods so it's alright.

only 30fps on consoles though

soulless soul

Why's her skin green?

this thread is hilarious

So the characters look 100% better, but because the backgrounds only look 10% better, you should instead play the version that looks like even worse shit in both categories.

Why does this board go full pepega when it comes to remasters.

Serious question, why would anyone buy this when there's mods for literally every asset in the game already circulating ever since the Steam release?

Attached: 1273881338831.jpg (500x668, 254K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ckj2FhhhG5w

NEVER EVER purchase this

>shilling this faggot who stole other people's work and repackaged it for a price
why

>So the characters look 100% better
stopped reading there
the style is really off, Squall doesn't even look like Squall anymore but is instead some bishi anime character
there's better mods for better versions of the game for free

cope and seethe

>InceLEDs destroy another series with shit remasters
Jesus