Undertale is 10 bucks on Switch right now and I've never played it. Should I take the plunge?

Undertale is 10 bucks on Switch right now and I've never played it. Should I take the plunge?

Attached: boy_howdy_i_sure_do_fucking_love_ketchup_by_mushroom_cookie_bear-d9lkih7.jpg (894x894, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/or whatever fandom this thing originated from/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i think the game's fun but if you're not sure you can always try the demo

Pirate it for PC.

nah

if you think you are ready to start your mtf transition

My PC isn't functional right now and the repairs are taking longer than I'd hoped. I'm not going to be able to play anything on PC for a long time.

>10 bucks
I’ve got it for free on PKGj as every other Vita game
Cope harder Nintenkiddies

Yeah, why not. If you're gonna get it might as well be on Switch because of the exclusive content.

And leave the winning team? Can't I just play it and not demolish my Tower of Druaga?

It's good. Yea Forums just shits on it because of politics.

stop shitposting

Attached: varg.jpg (630x420, 67K)

Unironically the most SOULFUL game made in the past decade. Buy it and play it, it's a fucking fantastic game, especially for $10.

oh wait i didn't read that right, you want to get it on the switch?
just hack it and get the game for free, there's no excuse to own an unhacked switch in 2019
you can even do the whole thing through an android phone

It’s ok

If you wanna understand Undertale references Zoomers keep spouting at you play it.

If you’re looking for a good RPG there are plenty of others way more worth your time. It’s not good but it’s not terrible.

Attached: 3667E50A-1076-406D-B2CD-5B8EE4F58067.jpg (640x480, 69K)

Yeah, give it a shot.

>there's no excuse to own an unhacked switch in 2019

I have my reasons, okay?

Sure, if you like shitty puns like me it’s a good time

>If you’re looking for a good RPG there are plenty of others way more worth your time.

But do any of them cost less than a tenner? Because that's how much eShop money I have.

whatever the reasons may be there is still no excuse to not hack your switch at this point

Play it. I think it is a fun game. I love the music but mostly love the gameplay and humor. And has multiple endings. Just stay away from the community, those guys are weird.....unlike Yea Forums

Varg "Just live in the woods bro, my government doesn't own it, so yours doesn't either" Skelethor

Not him, but Undertale is absolutely worth $10. Your money won't go wasted as long as you realize that Undertale's a weird RPG and it's not the longest game in the world.

Do it. It changed the industry.

Yes, avoid spoilers at all costs, I say that as sombody who didn't care about spoilers before undertale.

I think it's an okay game but why don't you just

>varg skelethor
that's not who you think this is

I have good reasons to not want to go poking at my Switch's innards with a paperclip. I have a bad track record with this kind of thing and knowing me I'll probably find a way to break it, and I can't afford to just buy a new Switch on the spot if that happens. I'd rather just pay for games than risk breaking an expensive piece of electronics. I've been screwed over by the siren's song that is the promise of free shit before.

For your specific circumstances I’d say so

If you had a working PC I’d say download a ROM of Terranigma

I know damn well

Attached: 1561665051263.jpg (800x784, 120K)

If I had a working PC we wouldn't be having this conversation. I gotta work with what I have, bro.

Not much things not worth 10 bucks nowadays. If you take the plunge, try to get into completelly blind.

Not worth it. It simply isn't a good game no matter how hard its fans try to portray it as one. The writing and humor is so painfully forced and tumblr-y (or whatever fandom this thing originated from). It somehow manages to be more obnoxious than a Borderlands game. I didn't laugh once during my entire playthrough of it, but I rolled my eyes countless times.

It will also age terribly because of alll the dated pop culture references. Like, there's one part of the game where that scientist interrupts you with messages/calls every few steps you take, which is obviously parodying Facebook message updates. Not only does this show a child's understanding of how comedy works, but that segment is excruciating to play through, because you get interrupted every few steps.

And the mechanics are completely disconnected from the narrative. In other rpgs, non-violent conflict resolution is handled through dedicated mechanics like stealth and diplomacy. Undertale just has this completely abstract bullet hell mini game. How does that even make sense?
The twist is supposed to be that monsters are actually peaceful and just afraid of you. But then why do they immediately try to murder you? Why don't they approach you peacefully first and see if they can reason with you? Or at least run away?
Yet at the same time there is a village inhabited by monsters that don't attack you and interact with you peacefully. So why can't the other monsters outside of the village do that?
Why are you denied the pacifist ending for fighting back in self-defense against monsters that try to murder you (and since the game has invisible random encounters, you can't avoid these enemies and you get assaulted by them just by walking around)?

The whole thing falls apart under the slightest scrutiny.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

Yeah, it's not one of my favorite games ever but it's pretty good and worth ten bucks.

I have a vague grasp of the plot but if I learned any spoilers I think I've forgotten them. Kid falls down a hole, meets a bunch of monsters and either befriends them or murders them all.

arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/or whatever fandom this thing originated from/
I knew something was familiar after that first line. What compels you to do this?

I heard undertale has a part where the game pretends to shut down. how does the switch version do this?

Yeah, for the most part it's pretty good with not being able to enjoy it depending on your sense of humor.
Personally, I just downloaded it, but getting it on the switch has certain features that just plain aren't in the PC version.

Attached: EDqOlzIU0AE8Ybr.jfif.jpg (2048x1382, 200K)

I got it for free and I felt like it was a ripoff. It's only 4 hours long for the first run, other endings 1 hour more

>no actual rebuttal
>makes a personal attack instead to discredit the poster
So...this is the level of intelligence of Undertale fans...

>and it's not the longest game in the world.

For the price of a chicken nugget meal at Maccys, I think I can live with that.

well... you CAN buy a jig and just use that instead of a paperclip. it's a lot safer. just don't be a huge walking vagina and everything will be fine, don't worry about it
>Not worth it.
you're right but you should've just stopped there, everything you said afterwards is nonsense

I'm not here for discussion, I'm here to analyze the habits of routineposters. It interests me. I don't actually care about the subject matter. So do you have an answer?

There's nothing to answer user. Believe funny post and be excited for the next one.

Look, I don't feel comfortable doing anything like that to my Switch. I only just got it this May, I waited TWO YEARS until I finally got the opportunity to buy one, and if I break it I'll have to wait another year to replace it. Not flipping that coin, nosiree, I can't afford to have it come up tails.

>I only just got it this May
ah, then you probably can't hack it anyway

the "fanbase" is saturated autism but the game itself is good and worthy of being played multiple times.

I played it for a few hours, yeah it's good.

Try the demo
I was glad I did because it sucked. You might save yourself $10 worth of disappointment

I agree with what you said, but you're still a faggot for putting shit in quotes.

i just wanted to highlight the difference between people who enjoyed the game and nothing more, and the people who drink/jack off with fish oil because they want to fuck undyne so bad