Is Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville

is Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
worth buying for $40? gameplay looks pretty fun but $40 is pretty steep for me

Attached: jpg.jpg (3840x2160, 1.69M)

it's worth $20 at most

Just pirate it.

itll be 40 at launch
you can buy it early and become a "founder" for 30$ though

It's basically Garden Warfare 3 so if you liked either of those it should be okay. 1 was kino as fuck, but I really felt 2 was missing something. They're removing all the variants I think for the sake of balance, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how things go.

It's a multiplayer game

It's going to be pay to win and heavy on microtransactions. They'll use the excuse it isn't priced the same as a normal game when it gets brought up.

You can get it for 30 now, it's weird to think that we had some games that charged more for being able to play early and now EA of all companies is charging less.
Some of the aspects certain variants had seem to be implemented into the new characters and the old character's moves, Snapdragon is just an expanded fire chomper.
GW2 felt way more P2W than this though we'll have to wait until the game is out because they could still fuck it all up, so far you can only buy cosmetics and go up in levels, with your coins, though you gain XP pretty quick.

shroom needs to be nerfed hard,acorn should be nerfed too.
Soldier and Allstar need buffs.

i think the last time they were able to get it working for pirates too

No games in the GW franchise have been cracked from what i've seen though it'd be a nice surprise to be wrong

the problem with these pvz games is that they are online mp only. so the game will release with hype numbers and then immediately die not even 6 months in. rinse and repeat, $40-60 each time for founder's edition, every time.

There were only 3 of these and the last one was in 2016, you can still get games on it and the devs were still supporting it up to last month. There has also never been another founders edition so i have no clue where you got that.

did they ever put in a coop mode or something? it would have lengthened the replay value. didnt buy any of the games so i dont know.

>co-op
It was always there

what kinds of modes?

Both 1 and 2 had Co-Op horde modes, with splitscreen on consoles, 2 also had single player missions, bot matches and the ability to play on splitscreen during regular MP, this game seems to be ditching the bots but putting more focus on the single player missions.

is 2 still active on pc? i may pick up a copy for real cheap once this releases

protecting an objective from hordes of enemies
GW2 also got a gamemode with never ending rounds of gnomes attacking you

If you're in the US you can find Turf Takeover games pretty quickly, as it's basically the game's main mode, but i'm not sure about other countries and other modes since they have smaller playerbases, you can still play single player and every mode is playable with competent bots, it often gets pretty cheap so it's your choice really.

>US
that region has actually a lower playerbase than yurop

Really? damm i always thought it was the oposite, My region is always emptty so i pick US because it's the closest.

AUS is always empty in tight game communities

how's the level design? from what I saw in footage it didn't seem to have much vertical game

It feels more horizontal than GW2, plus no moon gravity levels and some characters had their jumps nerfed, the level design seems more varied though there are some insane choke points the few levels currently available, but that might be me being retarded and not seeing alternative ways of passing somewhere. We only have Turf Takeover maps right now so no clue if the other modes will have good maps.

even more horizontal than 2? fuck, that was already way more horizontal than the original
I just want the tight as hell level design from the first one back

Outside of choke points, the map design feels like a mix between 2 and 1, while i miss being able to fuck around on rooftops, the characters now all seem modified to fit this style of level design, some maps feel like they took some heavy inspiration from one but made it less vertical.

Why didn't EA advertise this? They gave GW2 a huge E3 reveal, but nothing for this.

Worked for apex, I think they're trying to get a repeat performance.

Apex was free, this is 30 dollars now