Shin Megami Tensei V

Answer why we dont get any news is quite obvious - game under development, but some people seems do not understand, that is first for long time home console smt, that aimed to be as good as nocturne, acclaimed by many as best game of series, and of course its gonna compete persona 5 as well, things like this with small team take some time, be patient, but mostly, be not worry, team finally seems to have accord about what game should be and it's use UE4, not best engine, but better than bootleg atlus engines, that allows them to test things in real time scenes, so it much easier for everything, from gameplay to art direction, comparing to 3ds games, and maybe we will even get best looking jrpg on switch with stable framerate, but probably lower resolution. Peace.

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Screenshot-1.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ibg3AQxKyhc
youtube.com/watch?v=M19EqWEaGE0
youtube.com/watch?v=OcVCE_2ES_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it'll get canned, not a profitable series

Look at fire emblem 3 houses sales. Switch boosting sales, people starved for good games, and persona 5 got many attention to smt in west in general, so many new people will play this as their first smt game. They simple need to advertise game, nothing more.

This. They removed the SMT tracks from Catherine in Full Body. The "Megami Tensei" franchise is over.

You seem to forget that IV sold 600k+ on its own, with minimal advertisements. Not only does the Switch have a massive user base, and is built for JRPG's, but there's also the fact that the slightest advertisement will shed some light on it. It's easily going to surpass a million and put SMT on the map again. Naysayers have no knowledge of what they're saying, honestly.

Maybe because smt-Meguro tracks isnt same type with persona-catherine-Meguro tracks? Maybe because we gonna get these tracks somewhere else soon? Maybe in nocturne re-release? And you cant say megaten is over since persona were and always be megaten game

Stop being a faggot and falling for console war bait. Everybody fucking knows it's just Atlus being Atlus.
Don't worry, the game will be out by 2025.

>A more occult, exploration filled, darker version of Pokemon in essence
>Not profitable
All it takes is some proper marketing, and SMTV is going to explode on the Switch. There's truthfully no reason why it won't succeed, putting the shitposters aside.

>600k
Your average modern Atlus game sells 2m+. That's a massive flop for your traditional flagship series.

>Game takes place in a school setting in the beginning, everything is comfy
>Apocalypse happens, the world splits, chaos erupts, and it becomes every man for himself as demons take control of society
It would be the perfect bait to attract Persona fans. Although, they'd probably buy it anyway if they had a Switch, so whatever.

wtf bros cant believe P5 got canceled!

Attached: P5-Winter-PS3-Ann.jpg (600x338, 41K)

Should I play Nocturne or Persona 3 FES?

>nocturne 2
sounds comfy

Source? I'm pretty sure P5 is the only title to surpass 2 million, so you're talking out of your ass. Golden probably broke a million though, sure. Either way though, that was back in the middle of the 3DS's lifetime. This is now on a home console, which everyone has been waiting for in regards to SMT since Nocturne. There's no reason for it not to explode, so I don't see why people are even trying to put the game down. It's going to succeed, easily.

In your eyes, maybe. Not to them though, otherwise they would have canned series like Etrian Odyssey a long time ago.

"Average". Literally single one and there will be no more persona like for 10 years? Sales of p5 itsefl is really good, but atlus never actually counted on them as main profit, they milking it with cheap-shit spin off and countless merch.

Is this shilling or damage control? I can't tell at this point

Only Persona 5 reached those numbers, moron.

>Your average modern Atlus game sells 2m+
Persona 5 is literally the only single game in Atlus history to reach those numbers.

It's "everyone with half a brain knew this was the case given Atlus' history and how half-assed the first trailer was." It's obvious who only hopped onto the franchise because they wanted to be anti-Persona contrarians pretending to like SMT because they think it makes them hardcore. Bet none of them have played any of the DS/3DS games.

Persona 5 for winter 2014 and Persona 5 in 2016 almost like different games, bro, we will never get that version of game, so yeah.

Attached: p5.png (1138x549, 1.01M)

They do this shit every fucking time.

It happened with DeSu2, SMT4, #FE and fucking persona.

Fatlus work on valve time.

Attached: 1553792748680.jpg (500x429, 62K)

It's really easy to tell how new people are in regards to how Atlus operates as a company. They've been having long development cycles for their games for a pretty long time now, and that's nothing new. All these cynical posts acting like they know the fate of the series are bordering on ignorance. The series is fine, the trailer was only thrown out for SMT's 20th anniversary, and you should ignore anyone saying it'll flop, or using buzzwords. Case closed.

Attached: image.png (162x186, 20K)

Nintendo forced them to announce a game that didn’t even start development.

>2M+ is the average
Only for P5, and we saw how much marketing and shilling went into that game since its release date. If anything, the real average is still around 500k ~ 1M+.

Atlus is fucking retarded. SMT and Persona are very technically undemanding, they could and should be ported to every console including toasters. But nips can’t into marketing.

Honestly, it just gives me more time to catch up on my SMT backlog. Currently replaying Overclocked with a new copy (lost my old one) and magic MC is flat out killing everything in sight.

Attached: comfy abel.jpg (769x832, 107K)

This. It just started full development in February of 2018. We only got the trailer because they wanted to showcase something for the Switch's release, and because of SMT'w anniversary. At this point, everyone should be expecting news after P5R releases. So that'd be anywhere after Spring 2020, so it can have its own spotlight. The director, Yamai, said the development on the Switch was going smoothly, though.

Oh cool, it's finally under way now?

Good to see you again Abelposter. You finish DMC3?

Magic was fucking busted in DeSu.
>HOLY DANCE
>HOLY DANCE
>HOLY DANCE
>Drain
>HOLY DANCE

>after P5R releases. So that'd be anywhere after Spring 2020
Atlus doesn't give as shit about the west. P5R is releasing at the end of October, so SMTV news might happen by the end of the year.

Good point. I was wondering why people kept saying November or December in regards to SMTV news.
It's been underway, user. Truthfully the director said he had news planned for 2019, but I assume the higher ups told him to chill. They don't want SMTV's hype to overlap with P5R, more than likely.

Not yet but I did managed to max out almost all of the styles. Quicksilver is my fave so far along with Swordmaster.

Attached: abel playing on ds.jpg (500x707, 52K)

>Fatlus work on valve time.
that's not true, atlus actually releases their games. valve cancels them and sticks to making money off lootboxes instead.

I think Atlus should understand that they can take advantage of Nintendo Directs and it won't interfere with P5R's marketing. It's pretty established that, barring two EQ-clone spinoffs, Persona is the Sony series while SMT has been a Nintendo series with Nocturne being the only exception. They're going to have less marketing overlap than Atlus thinks. Putting trailers and spotlights in Nintendo Directs would be perfect.

The saddest thing is I can't tell if it's people really having low IQ's or just shitposting when they say this.

Attached: 1511248837853.gif (446x251, 721K)

Every SMT protagonist, barring SJ has been highschool age. Nice job outing yourself, secondary.

They already did that with IV and Final. Atlus is simply working on the game and have no need to show it off yet

>Nocturne is the only exception
What about DDS and Raidou?

I could see a Nintendo Direct featuring SMTV, true. I thought Atlus didn't do directs, though? Who knows anymore.

The spin offs are kind of chilling in their own world

>The "Megami Tensei" franchise is over.
That also would mean Persona is over

>tfw I made my MC a walking magical nuke while having Atsuro punch everything in sight

Attached: IN THE ZONE.png (764x715, 321K)

I know they don't, I'm saying they should. There's nothing wrong with giving one of those 15 second gameplay teasers that most games get, in between the bigger trailers.

high school setting =/= high school age
only if... was actually set in a high school, and only nocturne shows a tokyo with no demons in it

That's wrong, though. Technically SMT I's Tokyo starts off without demons invading too. The world gradually goes to shit.

>flynn
>high school age
dunno, he seems on his early 20s

He's 18. All SMT protags are excluding Jap Doomguy

Its explicitly stated that you take the gauntlet rite at the age of 18. Flynn is 18.

Persona isn't Megaten anymore. As if killing the title character of that franchise didn't make it clear.

Hoy.

Attached: walter.jpg (500x375, 43K)

No it's still and will always be.

>As if killing the title character of that franchise didn't make it clear.
Do you have brain problems?

Why is Walter so great for memes?

I don't know why you're so bent on trying to alienate the series to prove a point, but for all intents and purposes, Persona still is a part of the Megami Tensei franchise, and is claimed as such by Atlus themselves. Removing the words SMT from the title for marketing is entirely different. Please stop talking about things you lack understanding for.

based and truthpilled

Attached: DB7FFF00-B37B-46BE-83CF-BCF97FEC771B.jpg (400x240, 52K)

SMT is dead because it's not going to be SMT anymore. SMT was a dungeon crawler series and dungeon crawlers don't sell. SMTV is going to be a story heavy game with very simplistic dungeon designs

Its cause it takes Atlus like 5 years to release a game so itll be out Holiday 2021

in all honesty i don't remember the earlier parts of smt4 so you must be right

No it's still going to be the same game

>source: my ass

EQ and the DS/3DS SMT games were successes as far as Atlus cares.

>b-b-but they didn't sell over a gorillion million!
Atlus doesn't give a fuck.

SMTIV and Apocalypse were story heavy games with no dungeon crawling. What makes you think SMTV is going to be any different?

>SMTIV and Apocalypse were story heavy games with no dungeon crawling
In what fucking universe you mong

I'm waiting for the "Navigation will be as good as IV".

>if it doesn't sell 10 billion copies it's not profitable
>he actually cheers for franchises that aren't ultra-popular to get "canned"
fuck off

>it's not dungeon crawling if it isn't first-person

Would you, Yea Forums?

Attached: 0D280B53-D195-4ADB-A215-60C3CD3CBBF9.jpg (750x580, 87K)

There's absolutely 0 reason to not give simple updates to the fans, such as "still in development." Look at Prime 4. Fans are right to be concerned, considering P5 models have done the bulk of the work.

Attached: 1556111297610.png (623x1285, 359K)

even P5's dungeons were more complicated than SMTIV, every "dungeon" in IV was just linear hallways. Apocalypse's final dungeon was good but that's all.

>he still has faith in atlus

Attached: 1457057076981.png (512x512, 192K)

>Fans are right to be concerned
Both games were literally announced the moment they started development, so calm your milkbags tranny.

Also, only an absolute moron would be "concerned" whether a video game releases or not.

It's nothing like metroid prime 4, not by dev background, not by announce\news material, dude, we saw the game.

>Even P5's dungeons were more complex than IV's
This is arguably true, but P5's dungeons don't get a pass. They were still overly simplistic, and your party would never let you take more than 10 steps without pointing something out. I did like the overall design behind the dungeons though, and prefer them more over IV's. IV/Apocalypse as a whole make up for this though, since Tokyo itself is like a pseudo dungeon that you can explore.

I like how you didn't mention Nocturne. Anywho, did I just imagine YHVH's Universe, Tsukiji Hongaiji, and all the other dungeons in the game? It stills contains dungeons.

To thread not die, post your wishes for smt v, like - aligment oriention of game, what locations you want to be like, how many new demons and demons in total, how many routes, gimmick for flowerboy.

What style of music do you guys want in the game?
IVs composer is working on it again but I want a more industrial and dirty sound to the soundtrack instead of the synth-ish style he used before

Example: youtu.be/ibg3AQxKyhc

Since game's story main theme is terrorism and society anxiety - i want it be disturbing and worrying as fuck. Tho, dont know about style, maybe game will be law-orientied (how nocturne was chaos), so something modern with church notes here and there.

Yes.

>But muh persona! It will come just wait

Meanwhile Person 5 gets a dozen games shilled for it in the span of a few years, while Atlus refuses to even tell people anything about this game, let alone show it off.

It took P5 3 years to get any info

>a cheap asset swap of EQ, a cheap asset swap of the previous dancing game, a re-release of the base game, and a third-party musou
Wow such amazing shilling.

We already had a law-oriented game, see: SMT IV. I'd rather them just go back to roots and make a game where you see the degeneration of society, see the big nukes go off, and come back to a broken world.

Is this supposed to mean anything?
More than likely some modern synth music. Slap in some grunge as well, and call it a day. I keep thinking of Earthbound though, for some reason.

Attached: F075A3C6-9152-4971-92D0-CF35CF86913F.jpg (1015x1831, 627K)

Attached: 2821FA90-986B-4D53-9FDC-52E2387E26BF.jpg (1118x739, 588K)

>SMTVfags bored of waiting
>meanwhile me, an intellectual: still waiting patiently for the new Raidou game that will come one day oh yea it will come fuck you

I want to FUCK that money

Attached: 1561918232390.png (859x942, 1.48M)

Have fun getting paper cuts.

Same.

Attached: A786F129-0B6E-46E1-93E0-2BA7CB2C4459.jpg (588x1024, 50K)

youtube.com/watch?v=M19EqWEaGE0
>2014 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OcVCE_2ES_Y
>2015 trailer

>P5 initial release date: September 15, 2016

I don't want to lose hope for SMTV either but this comparison is stupid

Attached: heat's average day.png (423x282, 153K)

What, smt4 totally neutral, if you start in law faction its not define main alignment theme (like in nocturne you start neutral, but everything is still chaos)

Attached: 2F33BAFA-EAF6-43FD-B2AD-C6333BD6A4E4.jpg (1024x768, 62K)

>As if killing the title character of that franchise didn't make it clear.
What does this even mean?

That he has no clue what he's talking about, and is probably angry for no real reason.

So, your average Yea Forums user?

He read a Wikipedia article that says the original male and female protagonist of Megami Tensei (the novel series that the first two games were loosely based on) are the reincarnations of Izanagi and Izanami, and thinks that Persona 4's final boss being Izanami symbolizes Persona no longer being Megami Tensei. He is of course completely batshit retarded.

Attached: 39C34409-F64E-49D1-BED9-2C9A6CDD5BEE.jpg (600x450, 72K)

literally how

Mothman looks like he's dying.

Attached: 63F87CDE-3C55-440D-B329-775F70389EB7.jpg (1694x1068, 331K)