30fps confirmed

>30fps confirmed
>prioritizing graphics at the expense of a playable experience

Many of Overwatch's heroes are literally unplayable at 30fps, going from 60fps Splatoon and Paladins to 30fps Overwatch...what a joke.

Looks like Splatoon will continue to be the only decent competitive shooter on the platform, nice job fucking this up Blizzard.

Attached: overwatch-nintendo-switch-770x515.jpg (770x515, 56K)

Blizzard is #cancelled

>30fps 900p
>2016 game targeted to low end PCs

So this is the power of the Nintendo Sworch

What skills in overwatch last 1/60th of a second or less?
Regardless, they are doing it for MONEY, not to make people happy.
Blizzard drones bought the game once already, which shows they might just be dumb enough to buy it again.

Splatoon is fucking based.
Overwatch is dying off anyway. Blizzdrones need not apply.

Attached: po0wodjfy0h31.jpg (384x384, 31K)

but the game is fun user,
>What skills in overwatch last 1/60th of a second or less?
Basically nothing in any game lasts 1/60th of a second or less, but doubling the frame rate makes a game feel far more responsive and less janky, especially with fast characters like Tracer/Genji, where a dash might only be 8 frames compared to 16, giving you a lot less information and a slower feed of information, making you react slower.

if it has gyro aim it will be the best console version regardless

Didn't their lead dev say a few years ago that the Switch port wasn't possible because they'd want to target 60FPS

what the fuck happened

Paladins is 60. Why the fuck does ow have more scaling down and still only make 30? Guess i will stick with the superior tf2 clone that has cross play and kb mouse support

wow, thanks for explaining how multiples of 2 work

>half the frame rate of every other version
>best version

Gyro aim feels like shit on lower frame rate games, try Wolfenstein, it feels great on Splatoon because your controller movements translate smoothly to adjustments in aiming but on every 30fps game I've played with gyro, it feels like mushy shit

They realized Nintendo fans will buy anything no matter how downgraded. Switch ports of popular games Nintendo only people missed are basically free money.

Console gamers are fucking retarded or cowards, it is hard to tell which. I can't believe that they literally just let people throw these sloppy, shitty made games onto their platform. When a game has a shit PC port it either bombs or has mods that fix it (see: Dark Souls 1). Yet games come out on console and run at a silky smooth 20 FPS and look like garbage.

I can't imagine a console being my primary form of gaming. After playing games at 144hz anything below 60 just feels like shit. Games objectively play better at a higher framerate. There is no arguing against it no matter what pathetic developers want to cite as "cinematic"

But why would you buy a dead game? Why would anyone waste money on Overwatch in 2019? If you didn't play it in 2016, you fucked up.

I'm glad I never have and never will own or play this game and anyone who does play it is a dumb zoomer that missed the golden age of tf2

no problem, apparently you needed it.
most good switch games like Mario Kart, Splatoon and Smash run at 60, it's blizzard's shit priorities that make this game worthless on switch.

It's not the hot shit anymore but its anything but dead.
It still has an active and respectable playerbase despite how hard people here want it being dead to be true.

>Many of Overwatch's heroes are literally unplayable at 30fps
that's bullshit but i believe it.

You do realise that you have the option to not buy it or play it. Shocking I know.

Attached: 428.jpg (779x1102, 150K)

Yes, they do run at 60 and I am very happy with that. Smash especially runs really, really well. I am not saying every console game on every platform plays at 20 FPS, but so many of them do. This is just not accepted on PC. If a game is locked to 30 FPS on PC it is either unlocked with mods or it gets thrashed so hard that no one buys it. Console gamers need to stop accepting cinematic 20 FPS garbage and start voting with their wallet. The next time a big game or even just a port comes out and runs like shit, tell the company to go fuck itself. A playable framerate is more important than graphics. The bench should be 60 FPS MINIMUM.

Why would I play this over Paladins?

Attached: fb105cdb4001bd1673f6a688b9ea774aaa45c005_hq.jpg (787x938, 104K)

SOILED IT
SOILED IT

the faster characters honestly feel like shit below 60, even in the 40s, I played overwatch on a lower end PC and I decided to manually cap the frame rate to 30 instead of having it constantly waver between 30-50 and it just felt awful to play most of the heroes, I just stuck with tanks and healers

based woomyposter

Attached: 1473386763661.jpg (236x277, 13K)

Paladins is 60fps and free and unironically better than Paladins gameplay wise too.

>My old 660ti build can run it better than a Switch

Attached: 1446842507866.png (274x385, 130K)

>Paladins is 60fps and free and unironically better than Paladins
>Paladins is better than Paladins

Attached: 1400280990984.webm (576x432, 678K)

but the thing is that I wanted to buy it before they announced it would be a worthless port.
I don't think I've ever played a 20fps game, some games drop frames below 30 on consoles but the only games I recall spending a lot of time below 30 were on the ps3 which is a generation back. tons of major titles on all platforms are 60fps. Not everyone wants to invest in PC gaming.

>Dead game more dead
I would not play overwatch at 144fps on my pc why would I even consider playing a handheld version

>is dying off
It's been dead for years. Literal shilling doesn't mean people give a fuck about it.

Shit game by a shit company downgraded to an even shittier experience and you faggots still eat this shit up commit suicide

>people hate Nintendo so much they cry when it gets a game they will never even play on it
Why do you fags do this?

doesn't matter, both have terrible controls.

Damn paladins is even better than Paladins?
sign me the fuck up for that.
I would play it if it was 60fps
because you travel and work remotely

>Giving a shit about Overwatch in current year

Attached: whypaladinsisbetter.webm (660x908, 1.24M)

Do u rly think u have reflexes faster thn 16ms? LOL avg human reaction time is 300ms, this changes nothing...

Woot, even my bootleneck PC with a CPU processor from 2008 could handle Overwatch 60fps without dips.

>Yea Forums say that Nintendo fans will buy anything no matter what
>Yea Forums also say that nintendo fans never buy third-party and only buy first party
what the fuck?

>playing OW online with a shitty hotel WiFi or mobile hotspot

Attached: (You).jpg (200x215, 11K)

>literal retardation

>hurr durr I'm superman and I can see each individual pixel 3000 times per nanosecond
>noNONONO MOMMY DONT TAKE AWAY MY EBIN GAMING PC I SAVED UP ALL MY BIRTHDAY AND CHRISTMAS MONEY FOR IT

wow imagine that not everyone's a competitive gamer

Also I usually stay in Airbnbs in Asia which generally have quite good wifi. The switch doesn't even have an ethernet port so 95% of the online community is playing over wifi

>Do u rly think u have reflexes faster thn 16ms?
You are a dumb cunt. It's not just 16ms retard, you have to factor in network round time, engine render time, and display render time too.

please just stop holy shit

It's not about being a competitive gamer, it's about blizzcunt banning you from online play for X amount of hours if your connection craps out mid-match, yes even in casual playlist

this
fucking Paladins came out years earlier, graphics are good, 60FPS, Gyro Aim, Cross Platform and Cross-Save (except for PShit) still get constant updates, new characters, and new special event gamemodes to play from, fucking FREE
Fucking Overwatch looks like shit, runs 30FPS, No cross-play nor Cross-Saves, barely any updates, no new event gamemodes in years, skins no longer obtainable, finally out after 2 years, and 3 years too late for any hype, $30 fucking dollars!
Truly Pathetic

ok so play all of your online games at 20fps instead of 60, and let me know how it feels to lose every single game

Good thing I don't stay in hotels usually then
Paladins has shit tier character design and art direction though

Bad products is never the capitalists fault.

It is always, always, always, always, always the consumerist sheeps fault.

If you continue giving them your money, they will continue cutting quality in order to increase profits.

Do you buy non-organic danish pork meat consisting to 20% of antibiotics? Then companies will continue using such trash food to feed you. Do you continue buying cheap mass-produced polyester clothing that is terrible for your skin? Then there will be fewer and fewer alternatives providing good quality clothing made of natural and organic materials available in the market, due to becoming less and less profitable.

Do you buy FIFA, COD, every WoW expansion, every new "muh triple A title" game released, every new Assassins Creed? Well then these companies will continue producing shit products with barely any development cost attached to them, simply enticing you to buy their shit through cool cinematics that play on your emotions.

Die stupid consumer die.

>competitive gaming on a console
>competitive gaming on a nintendo console
>competitive overwatch

Attached: unga.jpg (93x125, 2K)

It does but they could add it to PS4 if they really wanted to, Paladins on ps4 has gyro aim and it's pretty good from what I've played

Even if you already played Overwatch on another platform, it would be completely pointless unless you actually started playing the game on the Switch. None of your shit carries over from platform to platform, so it's ultimately pointless.

The issue is the core and hardcore are no longer the majority. It's all good enthusiasts avoiding this shit, but at the end of the day, especially on the Switch, the vast majority of owners are casuals and retards who don't even know what framerate is. How do the minority fix the majority?

>overwatch
>2019

Attached: 1562723405117.png (429x539, 177K)

Trash console

Doesn't matter, Overwatch on Switch YEARS after its popularity height is pointless
I'll just stick to Splatoon2

>no one said competitive in this thread except you
wow

I too have a 660ti and have no idea what to upgrade to. I only really play mods on Gmod and Cs:go along with some emulating stuff.

Interest in overwatch and playerbase fell down a cliff

Splatoon 2 is also years after its popularity height too and they're no longer supporting it with new content.

they handed it out to a shit port house instead of porting it in-house and they apparently just instructed them to make it look on par with the other consoles rather than making it playable or fun.

Gtx 1660 bro

If you don't play modern games there's no reason to upgrade. I only got a 1070 because my local hardware store went bankrupt so had a firesale. I think battlefield 1 IIRC was the only game I had issues with.

Sure but I can at least say that the devs aren't making it a no-fun allowed zone by chasing the esports pipedream

how do you have issues on BF1 with 1070?

this
and at least Splatoon 2 runs at 60FPS, cant say the samething about Overwatch

Better than the shit valve did to TF2.

It's not about any of that. It's about maintaining a minimum industry standard, especially considering a name as big as Overwatch is going to sell shitloads whether we like it or not.
The very least consumers can do is shame this and spread the word. This port is literally, unironically unplayable, the producers and developers know this and are releasing it anyways, this shit is outright fucking unforgivable.
If it succeeds it'll send the message to other devs that they, too, can get away with shit like this.

Attached: 1486358117400.jpg (720x1280, 734K)

>This port is literally, unironically unplayable
Nobody will take you seriously if you act like such a hysterical bitch.

I meant with the 660ti. It struggled to get 60fps unless I went down to low or 720p.

>totorifag is utterly retarded
clockwork

>I can't believe that they literally just let people throw these sloppy, shitty made games onto their platform.
I can't believe pcfags think that console players have any control over if and how a game is ported to the platform.

It's not hysteria. It's a fact. Overwatch is designed to run at 60fps and both controlling and tracking the action onscreen becomes outright impossible at lower framerates. The game is designed with a bare minimum performance standard in mind.
>luluazoomer can't even understand basic game design
sasugaww

Attached: a4d78fac478311afd49a19b915de3b72.jpg (567x800, 323K)

So you didn't play in 2016, did you? Because the game gets old really fast. Not to mention all the shit balancing Blizzard does, and just Blizzard nowadays in general being out of touch with their audience.

I wish they'd bring PUBG Mobile to Switch. It runs well on my old iPhone but it'd be nice to play it on the bigger Switch screen.

>literally told to vote with your wallet
>"B-B-BUT WHAT ABOUT VOTING WITH MUH WALLET"
totoripeds were a mistake

>So you didn't play in 2016, did you?
I dont know why you're acting like playing a fucking Blizzard game from this decade at launch is impressive. I played it when it came out, fucking everyone did. I havent played it non stop for 4 years, but I still have fun with it every now and then

I'm an overwatch player and I love that overwatch is coming to switch

because it means that the game is finally falling into its death roll and I enjoy seeing Blizzard struggle and squirm to keep the lights on in their shitty building, fuck Blizzard and fuck the laughably small amount of development that went into OW despite them reaping lootboxes for fucking years, this year's summer event was a disgrace

Except splatoon is unbalanced as shit. Basically it's use charger to win and all other weapons are useless af.

>because it means that the game is finally falling into its death roll
>Being ported to a new system that lots of people want is a sign the game is dying

Are you implying overwatch is balanced?

That's why you play Splatoon 2 instead of 1

>being ported to a new system out of nowhere at a substandard visual fidelity despite its previous stance of not wanting to be on that platform just a year after notably having to lay off a shitton of employees assigned to the failing comp league isn't a blaring warning signal to you

I like overwatch. I like killing time on it sometimes, I like its creative world and characters, and I want the pig to violently fuck me.
But the game is dying, and it's becoming easier to see as time goes on, swallow the bitter pill and deal with it

Attached: 2-4.jpg (417x609, 135K)

And the fucking OP, which was the main point of his post.

Nice reading comprehension.

Attached: 1380464394247.png (1190x906, 178K)

>Overwatch
>Creative world and characters
Almost all the characters are stereotypes and the world has zero lore outside of brief references on the maps.

>>Being ported to a new system that lots of people want is a sign the game is dying
>2 years ago, while the game was still popular, overwatch team said that game will never get to Switch
>2 years later after the hype for the game died, the numbers are dwindling, esports is becoming non-existant, they release the game

The soft-futuristic setting is charming and feels uniquely executed with all the different sorts areas you see and their varying states of affairs, and the characters are presented as simple and endearing to listen to ingame while being much better fleshed out in the comics a la TF2
I enjoy it, dunno what to say beyond that

Attached: welcome_to_the_apocalypse_by_lanasy-da1vohl.png (600x600, 578K)