Smash fags dont know Terry

>smash fags dont know Terry
>smash fags never heard of dragon quest
>smash fags didn't know Richter
Do these people play videogames? Like I get never playing these games but not knowing of there existence is ridiculous

Attached: 1566794085709.gif (216x200, 39K)

>OH SHIT IT'S RIDLEY/K ROOL!
>YO I NEVER PLAYED METROID/DKC BUT I'M SO HYYYYYYYPE!
No. Smashfags don't even play the games of the characters they root for.

Smash is a game so popular that people will drop 300 dollars on a system to play it and only it. All my friends got butthurt when they didn't recognize Ken and I told them that any person who proclaims themselves a fighting game fan should know. It's pretty odd.

>proclaims themselves a fighting game fan should know
If you like video games period you should know him this truly baffles my mind like I dont like fps's but I still know of doom and wolfenstein

I'll be real, I've never played a single game from any of the dlc fighters, and I pre-ordered the shit lol. but I'm familiar with all of them, I get why banjo is a crazy get for people, and I'm familiar with everyone and why they're being added. I just purely wish they included characters I'm personally familiar with, Beat from JSR, Heihachi, Prince of the Universe, Kazuma Kiryu, Sora, Crash, Waluigi, any of those I would at least have a semblance of an emotional connection to.

Anyway, dubs and #5 is Minecraft Steve.

to be fair people who still know of castlevania might not really know richter
i barely played castlevania and i recognized simon and alucard but i never knew much about richter until a few days before the direct
but if you didn't at least know of dragon quest or anything from snk you're a faggot

you don't need to play every single video game, knowing of those characters is good enough

We only play good video games

Not knowing Terry isn't that unfathomable. Even though Fatal Fury was indeed on the SNES, there are a lot of fighting games out there. If you don't actively engage in them a lot of things just fly under the radar of ignorance.
For Richter, there are a lot of different Belmonts, not knowing them all by name if you haven't played their specific games can be understandable.
I got no explanation for DQ though. You can't even pull a "no marketing" either because I explicitly remember seeing commercials for Dragon Quest IX. It's probably just people overmemeing the LITERALLY WHO that smashfags brought up.

Attached: 1508565167295 2.jpg (720x540, 74K)

>Literally none of them have played Mario RPG
>OMG WHERE'S GENOOOOO

Attached: 1567636935144.jpg (1220x1045, 115K)

Jesus, I don't like fighting games but Ryu and Ken are basically the Mario and Luigi of that genre.

Attached: 1555889479068.jpg (234x228, 14K)

Not knowing Terry is perfectly fine and I hope his inclusion encourages more people to play the new king of fighters. But the smashfags screaming and freaking out during the trailer not even knowing who’s name to shout because they don’t know the character is pretty pathetic to be honest

smash isn't a fighting game, of course they would not know who terry is

My biggest question is how the hell people even remember him? No smashfag has ever played Mario RPG.

>Plays Smash
You're already wrong

you say that but it was thanks to Smash Bros that I got to discover a lot of new series

Geno is the biggest bandwagon character
People get told he should be in by a growing majority and never question why

Attached: 1565375013186.jpg (371x353, 13K)

and now piranha plant makes sense

>not knowing what is a man

Same with banjo really

People at least know who Banjo is and what he's about
90% of Genofags know nothing about him and his game

What's more irritating to me is when they start, in mass, pretending to know how the characters are.
"Oh I love Munchie, he's so cute"
"Oh yeah, Terry is my favorite King of Fighters character"
Fuck, and both times I got my most wanted (Eight and Terry), I have to hear "nobody wanted this literal who" "ONLY WEEBS" "ONLY WEEEBS" "WEEEEEEEB"
It honestly makes me question if I'm subconsciously a weeb.
Both of my characters got the same reaction from the west.

Not trying to knock you but I love actual fighting games and don't give a fuck about Terry. KoF always had an exceedingly boring cast/art style and I would always rather play anything else.

>didn't recognize Ken
I get not recognizing Terry because KoF anf Fatal Fury were never popular in the States, but fucking Ken? Seriously?

I wish we could talk seriously about that, because I think you're absolutely right.
My geriatric ass was talking with some college freshmen that were super hyped for Banjo-Kazooie in smash and I felt like a dad that is hearing the bands of his youth from his kids room "How does he know that music?".
I get people like me, people that were kids when Banjo-Kazooie came out, but I find it so hard to believe all those people losing their minds in reaction to the trailer actually went out of their way to legally or illegally download and play through a collectathon from 1998. Banjo was no Mario 64, he controlled sluggish as shit. No way this kids have the patience for that today.

Attached: old.jpg (477x477, 29K)

Read it in Mark hamills voice lol

theirs a boomer at my job with a fallout 4 mug who didn't know what Castlevania was
Anytime i get in the reddit discord (yea) for smash with voice chat everyone bitches about my Casltevania usage and says no one plays that garbage
society

Ebin

Fuck smash

Attached: daenerys-targaryen-meme-1556127294.png (480x479, 324K)

No, I understand.
But atleast you know what Fatal Fury and KoF is.