H-home

>h-home.....
Crashing the economy with no survivors.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1149x644, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/should-this-be-bannable/284777
reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/d043o0/this_is_prob_the_most_sad_feeling_ive_had_finding/
youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0
curseforge.com/wow/addons/quicklayer
runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Well_of_Goodwill
reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9b2ylq/players_are_reporting_they_are_receiving_perm/
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/layer-switching-is-the-problem-not-layering-itself/286941/20
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/layering-is-destroying-the-economy/285119/5
classic.wowhead.com/quest=101/the-totem-of-infliction
wowhead.com/news=294920/blizzard-responds-on-layering-abuse-in-classic-wow
ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-general/375573-looking-inside-your-screenshots.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought there was supposed to be a cooldown on changing layers?

did you read that on Yea Forums? because this cooldown was never a thing

HOLY SHIT
the guy literally deleted his thread 10 seconds after I clicked on it
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/should-this-be-bannable/284777
this shit is on fire

yeah some fag in my guild has been picking up the exact same black lotus for days now

curious to see what the retards at blizz will do about it

Changing layers isn’t abusing the system. It’s literally part of the game. Blizzard shouldn’t have added it if they didn’t want this shit to happen.

a) they do nothing and the servers economy will for ever be in the hands of these pieces of shits
b) they perma ban their whole blizzard account and we get to find out by sweet tears later on

it falls under "abusing a game mechanic" which can be punished by ban

I sure hope one of them cheaters says nigger in chat to get properly probed

holy fuck unironically rip
hmmm based blizz adding shit people didnt ask for that now results in absolutely fucked up economy

glad i didn't fall for this garbage
imagine unironically thinking layering was going to be fine

there is still time to fix this, atm no one has any gold or need for that end game shit

>leveling in 3 days /played by abusing layering
>farming gozillion of mats by abusing layering
>killing rares for drops and recipes by abusing layering
>avoiding world pvp by abusing layers
Yup, just like I remember it back in 2005.

Attached: 729.gif (600x600, 227K)

How is being invited to a group abusing the mechanics of the game?

play shit games win shit prizes
gg faggitz
regards, XIVgang

Based blizzard can even fuck up their last hope
its amazing

>bots gathering mats on my main 23/7
>never investigated or looked into
>alternatively buy gil for $$$ because never looked into

heh, nuthin personal. Just don't call other players meanie weanie names because that's what'll get you into trouble.

actually, it will mean that these lotus will be worth crap because there is so much influx of them once everyone exploits them.

the money pool in each server grows but will never match the speed exploiter generates these supplies

Glad i dropped this.

dont play dumb. you can farm any mats 10 times faster with this layer shit, than by staying just in one single layer. it is a book case of game mechanic abuse

That's not how capitalism works. If there are that many arcane crystals in circulation they'll be cheaper than the other mats.

>actually, it will mean that these lotus will be worth crap because there is so much influx of them once everyone exploits them.
Sure, that's what will happen. Not "a couple of players from cornering the market" scenario.

Yeah, it's fixable as long as Blizzard pulls their finger out.
>Fix the exploit
>Ban the people abusing it
>Remove all their ill-gotten Arcane Crystals/Black Lotus

lmao it's been so insanely cool to see literally everything that i predicted happen in real time with classic

There are over 25 layers per server. That’s already 25x the number of recourses than before. Layering by default broke the economy.

Just because Blizzard put something in the game and it has an unforeseen consequence that a player capitalizes on doesn't mean that that player will not get banned for it.
There's precedent for this.

that is indeed not how economics work. but for different reasons. economics don't start at zero, like you do in this game. so who ever is the quickest in using and abusing this shit will create a monopoly that he can capitalize for years to come from

remove all the loot and gold from people who abused it and give'em a week ban. Slap a 30 minute cool down on layer swapping until they remove it.

They know they’re gonna get banned right?
These kind of exploits have happened before, and it always ends up in bans going out left and right

exactly

>no you don't understand, Wow Classic NEEDS layers so everyone gets to complete the content without hundreds of players being in the way
>wait what do you mean someone found actual ingame usage for game mechanic nobody asked for? fucking stop!

Attached: 1567240089740.png (1000x800, 157K)

Everyone will start layer hopping and they'll be worth piss.

How do you create a monopoly on a completely renewable good that anyone can gather

And you can level 10 times faster if you have a guild providing you with all the gear you need and carrying you through content.
Clearly you're abusing a mechanic by being in a guild.

I literally thought this would be an issue. I don’t know how they didn’t think having multiple instances of the same zone would be a problem.

>make buggy game
>someone gets lucky because of your incompetence
>just fucking permaban them in all their games
Fuck blizzard

i mean they could try to corner but people's self interest and selfishness always takes over.

botting already did this and prices of stuff tanked, botters who mass farm try to corner markets but it never works.

basically this will mean cheap shit for those willing to buy gold

if your guild gives you all their gold you can be rich!

you cant monopolize something that joe blow can pick up for free and have the same access to......

all you can really do is try to walmart each other and make the goods extremely cheap with minimal margins

what did he mean by this

Attached: file.png (980x245, 264K)

thorium layer #93845893757.... home

are you dense?
1) be first to gather tons of X material
2) most people have not caught on yet with what you are doing, so you can build a steady supply of gold over these 7 days
3) with your now thousands of golds corner the market in other niches that can't be gathered by abusing the layer shit

not the same shit at all you fucking retard. by abusing the layering shit one single person can farm more than a whole guild on 1 layer only.

Runescape has had that for years

Lmao

see you low IQ mouthbreathing pos

>a fucking dwarf cuck
fuck not even best race is safe from these niggers

Attached: 1436999445345.jpg (217x320, 19K)

>l-layering won't affect anything!
>its just used to keep the server from crashing!
>this is the true vanilla experience I swear!

Attached: 0b3.png (233x261, 84K)

this is what we call clever use of game mechanics

>studio implements shitty cost saving/streamlining feature at the expense of players
>players find a way to make the most of it
>NNNNOOOOOOO STOP USING THE THINGS WE GAVE YOU
>get banned for playing the game the wrong way
How does this shit keep happening, it's fucking pathetic
Reminds me of how in GW2 you can AFK with a pet out and it'll kill anything that spawns near you, so you can AFK in certain spots and get banned for it

How didn't this become obvious in the planning phase for this layer bullshit?

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww blizz cucked us

Game companies can ban people whenever the fuck they want with or without reason, and Blizzard has already banned people for exploiting mechanics that were deliberately put in the game before.

It was obvious, they convinced themselves that it didn't matter.

Its going to get banned and things will continue like normal minus some server down time we have to deal with while blizzard tries to unretard itself.

But I know Yea Forums needs its wojack and oh nonono posting

lmao

there is no steady supply of gold these 7 days because the server doesnt have enough money supply......

ask your self how many people are 60 to make use of these items????

>still 0 proofs in the thread
there is a cd on layering, fucking devs mentioned it on stream. you can't transfer layers for the duration that it'd take resource nod to respawn

holy shit you are retarded and so fucking slow in the brain.

there are already multiple people with thousands of gold just by being level 60 and doing casual level 60 shit, without even doing the layering exploit.

ah just like we used to do back in the good ol days
we truly are HOME

tell that to the guy I helped with his whirlwind axe, motherfucker was swapping layers every 20 seconds

Homebros what do we do

Do you think MMOs with auction houses would be better if they had some mechanic that prevented you from buying things just to sell them for profit
I don't know how it would work but would that shit being somehow impossible make things better?

Boyfriend is probably Horde.

wow its like we didnt tell the blizzard retards this would happen guys

Attached: 1526047306344.png (565x541, 157K)

Quick, let's call people retailcucks and mention the 1.5sec GCD in final fantasy, that'll distract them!

tell me the secret, how do you endlessly switch layers with no CD?

Attached: 1520022360210.gif (500x281, 1.01M)

how do you switch layers=

lmao the only retarded person i see around here is you because even most hardcore streamers are not even 60 yet lmao

hey retard go open twitch and see how many these professional streamers are 60.

stick your ass back in your ass before you spout more low IQ bs that everyone can slap you in the face just by looking up twitch retard

Layering is making the servers look dead by filtering out cities and zones to like 50 people a layer.

stick your head back in your ass hahahaha

you tried to rile people up by trying to make a big deal and got proven wrong so you are upset

You are wrong. Streamers are irrelevant, there is a couple of thousand lvl60 across all the servers.

hahahaha couple "thousands" hahahaha
and i am the CEO of activision blizzard ahahhahaha

keep trying to rile people up nice try but you are failing

NOOOOOOOOO

CLASSIC BROS IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS

Attached: 1566069611486.png (231x218, 18K)

I kinda wish they'd deal with it in the same way Valve dealt with the unusual crash of july.

>all those traders getting butt hurt over their flaming hats losing value

Attached: 1567059395687.jpg (400x400, 27K)

reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/d043o0/this_is_prob_the_most_sad_feeling_ive_had_finding/
another huntard cucked

Attached: 1519997932941.png (221x176, 48K)

On every server there is at least 1 guild that killed Rag. You would know this if you’d monitor the races, but you are just a shitposter.

There has been literally zero proof this shit works (to this extent).

id link you the monkeynews clip of him doing it in the fucking beta but why bother, you cucks don't care.

Attached: 1520001442081.jpg (5000x5000, 1.21M)

I’m so glad I only invested like 12 hours into this shit. I love watching it burn.

What the fuck is a layer? Do you guys mean "instance"? In elder scrolls online players are in difference instances, both within dungeons as well as the main world. You can't purposely choose an instance or swap it to pick up additional resources nodes. Sounds like whatever layering is, they should have copied ESOs instance system instead since it's exploit free.

The beta layering did not work the same as release layering.

>One of the most frequently reported problems during our tests was players transferring to a layer for what seemed like no reason. There were several bugs that caused this, and we’re confident we’ve fixed them. At this point, the only thing that should cause you to change layers is accepting an invite from a player on another layer. Additionally, it should always transfer the player who was invited to the layer of the player who invited them.
>Regarding PvP, we saw many posts from players wondering if getting invited to a party is a good way to escape from PvP combat. I’m pleased to say there’s actually a separate, longer transfer delay following any PvP combat. We know a lot of world PvP enthusiasts are excited for WoW Classic, and we don’t want the additional layers to feel like they’re robbing you of your kills. When the time comes to withdraw from the fight, you’ll have to escape from your enemies and get to a safe place before you’re able to join your friends on another layer.

>I’d also like to clarify how multiple layers work with logout. Early in our stress testing, players reported that logging out and back in would let you hop to a new layer to farm the same mineral or herb node on different layers. That was a bug, and we’ve fixed it. Your layer assignment now persists for a few minutes between logouts, long enough that by the time the game would choose a new layer for you, that node would have respawned on its own anyway.

stop

Attached: file.png (1903x785, 2.47M)

>Zero proof
>Zero method how to do it
>Zero bans
Yeah I'm thinking fuck you retards, you always do this.

Attached: 1564343870305.jpg (720x602, 71K)

How do you group up with your friends if they're on different instances?

Tell me how that's not a private server image?

hahhahahahha nice try to pivot ahhahaha

keep trying to spook people but you failed

now what about the rag kill?

>The beta layering did not work the same as release layering.

Attached: 1546906187513.jpg (634x356, 27K)

Every MMO has instances but WoW as I heard has weird one where you can be invited or different layer or something. In XIV for example you can swap layer only around aetheryte

>people think layering isn't a problem
>check my server /world channel
>INV LAYER HOP
>INV WANNA SWITCH LAYER
>INV LAYER
dumb retards

Attached: 1550468075950.jpg (900x900, 109K)

>exploiting
maybe they shouldn't have added sharding or layering
i used it to get rares at mist all the fucking time
and those mounts i forgot

you are so easy to read
you got mad when people prove that you dont understand economy let alone wow one so you got mad and start calling people names then got called out so now you try to change the subject

why are you not exploiting this then

>that font smoothing
100% from a private server

No, you fucking mong, they mean layer. It's a specific term for how the servers in Classic work right now, if you don't know what it means, go look it up.

>STREEMURS AR GUNNA ROOIN THE SEVER'S ECUNUMY!
>Ouuh, an exploit for getting rich quick? Don't mind if I do!
WoW players are retards

The amount of instances depends on how crowded the local area is. So usually me and party mates were on the same instance already, prior to ever forming the party. The few times there was an isssue is when we tried getting 20+ people together in an area that already has bunch of other groups around. In those cases, once you were in the group, you'd have to log out and back in, and it would move you to the instance where the majority of the party was.

Always A.
They always fix the exploit while letting fags keep their ill gotten gains. Especially when it's one of their raid babies.

So you actually can purposely choose an instance or swap it to pick up additional resources, contrary to what you just said. It just takes a bit more effort.

Ah. Kk

>zero proof or method behind layer hopping
Are you a fucking moron?

He's being ironic.

No one will get rich if all the rare shit becomes common. The best way to make money now is grinding lashers in Dire Maul to sell their junk.

People been screaming that at blizzard since the day layering was announced.
Having any area past 20 layered means a shitton of Swiftthistle and steelbloom and lotuses and devilsaur leather supply.

People were calling this shit out day one.

2.5*

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: kek.jpg (2312x1024, 431K)

or with professions. gonna sell enchanted leather and thorium to make gold personally.

dunno what you're talking about, blizz has a history of cracking down hard on these really abusive exploits, raider or not
during wotlk the world first yogg 0 kill was rolled back and the entire guild temporarily banned because they exploited a bug
during cata and leading up to dragon soul, virtually every top guild in the world was banned for weeks for abusing an exploit that allowed you to get endless loot in lfr (leading to a literally who guild getting the actual world first deathwing) and their gear was rolled back
and for a more recent example, couple of months ago in bfa a bunch of people were banned for abusing an exploit that allowed you to infinitely world quests and world bosses, allowing crazy grind of rep, ressources, and gear (with the most severe offenders getting perma'd) and all that shit was rolled back too

>THEY HAVE A MILLION GOLD WORTH OF ITEM
>So they don't have the gold?
>YES THEY DO ITS WORTH THAT MUCH
>So where is the gold coming from then?
>SHUT UP ITS PLAYER DETERMINED VALUE IS THE SAME AS HAVING GOLD
>Then wouldnt the item be worthless?
>REEEEEEEE
Why are people retarded?

>ill gotten gains
Exploiting broken mechanics should never, ever be bannable simply because most games have methods of farming/grinding that are borderline exploits and it's often difficult to tell what is interned and what isn't.
Besides, it's ultimately the dev's fault that exploits exist, not the player's.

You'd have to be lucky enough I suppose to find a guild member thats in the different instance. Then go through that whole thing. However, like you said it takes effort. And there arnt any resource nodes in ESO where it's worth that trouble. By the time you did the whole instance switch, you could have found another 3 or 4 nodes of that rare resource. Resource nodes also instance per log in/fast travel. So a rare resource in one area was not guaranteed to be rare in another instance. Might be downgraded to a common.

pretty sure it is very easy to tell that hopping layers to grind shit is not intended
like, I get your point, but in reality most of the time it's very easy to know when you're doing a bannable exploit or when you're just messing around

Just watch Jokerd's stream, he layer hops non-stop.

So many screams, yet nobody said HOW is it possible to hop layers, when it's automatic.

Attached: 1541183307723.jpg (901x647, 45K)

They can sell to vendors. It won't be 160,000 gold, but it's still a considerable amount of money being injected into the game out of thin air.

You just have to be invited in to a group by another person

You get invited to the group by someone in another layer you fucking mouth breathing mongoloid. That’s why there are tons of people in /world asking for a layer hop

Its in the fucking forum thread, retard.

So fish are gonna be the real gold maker huh?

I wonder if Blizzard even realizes that this will kill Classic?
Part of it all was the grind to get 60 and raid ready but when you just need to switch layers to do more grinding then whats the point?

no one wants to be that faggot who fishes for hours its so boring so fish will be the way to get gold cap

How do I stop my hands from swelling when playing this game?

Told you niggers that layering would ruin the game now where is the retards spamming #nochanges?

Yes, zero proof of CONSISTENT, TARGETED layer hopping you fucking dunce.

As well as ruinign the economy this has trivialized the leveling process

It's over

>Part of it all was the grind to get 60 and raid ready but when you just need to switch layers to do more grinding then whats the point?
What? Layering will kill the economy, but I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.

Thats pretty fucking inefficient for hardcore farming if you depend on others.
Of people trully have hundreds of black lotus already, there much be a automatized method of hopping.

There is no cd.

There are a addon that does it by itself as long as mulitple people use the addon. It works fucking wonders.

Eh blizz has not since legion let this kinda stuff go unpunished
It's so easy for them to detect, expect banwaves soon

I don't buy it. Classic uses the current WoW framework and Blizzard killed serverhop addons during Legion. Quick google search told me the only addons for doing this right now are very crude chat spam + auto invite memes, hard to believe you could farm super efficiently with that. Sure you can swap layers once or twice for potential some extra nodes, but it's hard to imagine that being all that crazy. Nevermind that I don't believe there actually are that many layers around.

link it or shut up.

How do people know on which layer they play? Even if you get a group of people (lets say 5) ready to invite you over and over again, wouldn't that mean that you will only hop between the same 5 or even less layers? How is it possible to farm the same item over and over and over again for hours?

It’s called quicklayer you stupid nigger.

>layers removed in phase 2
>poopsocker guilds have bank alts sitting on million gold worth of resources
yeah it's dead. rip.

How do you determine which layer you are on?

Oh, so thats the catch
Third party matchmaking addon.

Honestly quitting over this, classic wow has been such a fucked up release. Even shitty euro private servers did it better.

I look forward to your posts on Reddit crying about how you were just being clever
It's an abuse of a game mechanic, enjoy the ban lad hope you weren't too attached to classic

Its as if 25 different servers would have a single joint economy and shared characters, so the market would get flooded with resources from 25 times the nodes.
Basically its Runescape

That isn’t important

Who of you posted this

>join guild
>it has a discord
>full of exploiters
>"inv layer pls too many horde"
>/gquit
>join guild
>it has a discord
>full of exploiters
>"inv layer pls farming"
>/gquit
>join guild
>it has a discord
>full of exploiters
>"inv layer pls getting camped"
>/gquit
>join guild
>it has a discord
>full of exploiters
>"inv layer pls mine node"
>/gquit
Don't know why I bother

The guy that got 60 in an absurd amount of time did it by abusing the layering mechanic.
Part of vanilla was dealing with other people competing for resources. Layering makes that go away.

This layering shit completely trivializes Classic. It's not different than retail WoW at this point.

didn't the devs suspect people would do this? do they not have play testers? can't they hire some epic korean farmer for a few days to work out these exploits?

How is this a problem when each server has significantly larger populations than vanilla actually had?

but streamers were doing it to pk people then swap layers so they couldn't be killed back so blizzard will do nothing about the exploit because they are slaves to streamniggers

I remember seeing images about people planning on layer abusing months ago, I'm not surprised at all

>Thats pretty fucking inefficient
Yeah it's so inefficient spending 10 seconds to switch to another cheater's layer

sounds like the common denominator is you.

I didn't get to play this back in the day because my family computer could only run Runescape but right now I'm having a shit load of fun playing an oldschool MMO. I'm not even worried about items. Yet.

Wishful and incorrect thinking m as others have said, the last few expansions blizz have been very heavy handed in situations exactly like this, where people are knowingly exploiting what is an obvious bug.

does each server have 25 auction houses?

>POR? BUY GOLD NROW GET RITH!!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Laying abuse seems really low on my server less then 100 players are even level 50 with only 1 being above level 55 and hes a huntard.

pvp puts you in an extra long cooldown before you can change layers
they had their chance

You are all a bunch of fucking morons you know that?
>trivializes
Wow was never hard or complicated

Irrelevant. Learn basic economics.

According to the layer hopping addon that tracks layers by cross-referencing /who in Orgrimmar, there are about 30 layers at any given time, and there a dozen new people looking for layer swaps in world chat every minute.

>gets lucky
uhuh whatever helps

Wait a second. Tell me how layers affect PVP. In theory this can be pretty fucked. Not fucked if you have 2 layers but 3+

>LROW MONY? CLIK SITTE FRE G OLD

Attached: hqdefault1.jpg (480x360, 19K)

cope

>pvp puts you in an extra long cooldown before you can change layers
It doesn't. Blizzard's claims of cooldowns have proven false.

I don't know what layers are locked at but I do know I can go through most of STV and never once see an enemy.

youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0
OOOooooOOOO

An this is why it should've only been active in level 30 and below zones at most.

how so?

Can't change layers in combat, but can change layers to prevent ganking.

Larger population is usually offset by better knowledge of the game spawns
Thats how the private servers with very large populations were able to (barely) maintain an economy, and it was still biased towards "too much loot and material, too few players"

sounds like the common denominator is you being a contrarian nigger

>Playing on a europe RPPVE server

it isnt irrelvant considering we have individuals sitting on 25 times more resources they shouldnt have access to. your reasoning would work if the resources were distributed equally, which they arent thanks to abusers.

Jokerd only started layer hoping around 58 when he was all but confirmed first 60

The problem comes as a result of how those resources are balanced and accounted for.
While there may be more players than during Vanilla, I doubt there are 25 times as much players, so the ratio is skewed towards abundance over scarcity.

>From that point on it can concretely tell you WHICH layer you are in, HOW MANY layers are total at that point of time (often 25+), and WHO TO SWAP to for their layer, as well as AUTOMATING the entire process.
There are over 25 layers

Attached: 1565895323050.png (973x896, 553K)

It's been so many years, but still as beautiful as ever

Also, the resources are extracted and used more effectively today than on vanilla.
Imagine that back then no one knew where all the black lotuses were, or which rare mobs dropped the best shit.

>the only source is literal hearsay
meanwhile, the real world sophistication of layer addons: curseforge.com/wow/addons/quicklayer
>literal "INVITE TO LAYER PLS" spam/invite bot

stop joining shitty guilds negro

You honestly think whoever made this addon would put it up on curse for the common goyimt o use?

>your reasoning would work if the resources were distributed equally, which they arent thanks to abusers.
So these few people will be slowly auctioning off their resources at higher prices? You’re a moron and your infantile grasp of economics is embarrassing.

who cares, why are you talking about a dead game? nobody cares about wow classic anymore

you honestly think not a single soul would leak it?
nevermind the fact that you have little problem believing a secret society addon exists based one one random forum post saying he was told by someone else that's how it is

Why in the fuck would they leak it? It's probably some discord clique like everything else now.

>believing classic apologists' lies

what do you mean "slowly"? the servers have bigger population so there will be more aoe classes farming gold. not to mention farming using the very same layering abuse. there will be more gold in the system retarded fucking ape.

why do people leak stuff, truly a mystery

>recokoning bombs wasn't abusing the system

Attached: dJJsknb.png (225x172, 70K)

Solution:
3 day ban so the guy has bragging rights
Remove exploited resources
Remove bug

Yes, this also a very important factor.
So the effects most likely are exponential on the economy.
More resources extracted faster.

The closest analogy to a similar economy I can think of is Runescape, but Jagex clearly accounted for "1 character, 20 servers worth of resources" by having all skill in higher level burn through 10 of thousands of resource units and even with that they had to do the whole Charity Well thing where players were encouraged to dump millions of gold in an attempt to fix the economy.

I don't know how WoW economy can deal with this

It needs a lot of people to work?

This. Seems pretty simple.

Charity well? Did it work?

>guy abuses layers to reach 60
>Yea Forums - "based, redpilled, dab on Method
>guy abuses layers for money
>Yea Forums - "NOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT MUH HOME, BAN THIS GUY"

>Remove bug

>its still beta!!
>they will fix it next patch!!
>this bug wont exist in the next expansion!!
>its still beta!!

Fuck method.

Nah. You're just combining two legitimate game mechanics to achieve a more desirable result. I don't see how a dev can punish a player for that with a straight face. If they want to do something about it they should simply confiscate items/gold from the player. Banning people for developer incompetence is wrong.

Attached: succubus 2.jpg (3100x5100, 713K)

H-home... bros...

You can't call it abuse when it's this accessible

It's like leaving cocaine in a crack den and complaining the crackheads are abusing your supply

QUICKLY, POST THE ERP FROM RETAIL/XIV SERVERS TO COPE!

again dude, I get your devil's advocate shit, but like I said in the real world the difference between exploits and "clever use of game mechanics" is pretty obvious 99% of the time

nobody excessively layer hopping to farm the same spots over and over again doesn't know what they're doing

I'm 100% certain it's an abuse of mechanics and they're not being used as intended.

someone teach me how to do this so i dont get fucked please

no, exploiting unintended consequences is pretty much textbook abuse

>It's totally fine when people use an illegal drug as long as they have easy access!
Imagine being this retarded.

>Server 17
>Layer 23
>Guild farm 6
>Mithril Node 15
>Group 13
H-home..

>860g
>mageweav b ags
>nobody else near the banker

100% pserver cuckoldry
probably just pserver fags trying to get people to abandon retail cause their servers are dead now, and they cant afford to play classic

How do you draw that line though? Like I said, a lot of farming/leveling strats are borderline exploitative. Banning people because they're more clever than the designers is just retarded and it makes people afraid to do anything outside the norm. I will concede that in this instance it is pretty obvious that it wasn't allowed, but I'm saying that in general it's retarded to ban people when it's so difficult to draw a line between exploiting and pro-gamer shit.

>What are assets
>What it net worth
>What is liquidation

You zoomer faggot, your parents should have beaten you much harder as a child

Do I need to be LVL 60 to abuse this layer exploit to its full potential with quick layer? I only have a LVL 30 frost mage

I really can only repeat myself - I get it. Yes, in theory you can make the argument about how tricky it is to know where the line is drawn. In theory, it might be actually hard to tell the difference between just playing the game and exploiting it. In theory, you might even do it by accident, without knowing.

In reality, it's a clear fucking cut case 99% of the time. And like you just said, this case is one of those 99%.

It's an oversight whether you faggots want to believe it or not, no one is going to be punished for this and i cant wait to see you manchildren cry when you find that out

This brings back so many memories.

runescape.fandom.com/wiki/Well_of_Goodwill
Briefly.
I think they have given up on the economy as the in game Microtransactions flood millions of gold into the economy daily.
For reference, generally mid level players will have 10-20 million gold lying around and end game players will have several hundreds.

You can abuse this to lvl very fast if you are good at aoe grinding. Improved Blizzard in talents and plenty +Intellect gear for the lowest possible downtown. Also mana pots and a good knowledge of spots to grind.

sure senpai
reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9b2ylq/players_are_reporting_they_are_receiving_perm/

>How do you draw that line though?
When you're abusing in game mechanics beyond their intended purpose. Stop being willfully retarded.

This is great for me, i already started flooding the market with cheap mats with my guildies and tradecucks who wanted a monopoly are seething on the forums and in chat.

I don't know why you'd take such a stand on something you clearly know nothing about, but I hope your day gets better

>everyone tells blizzard people will abuse layering to farm nodes and mobs
>blizzard doesn't listen
15 years and nothing's changed.

Runescape Grand Exchange does things anonymously so you never know who you are trading with and what both players receive has several conditions(Sometimes the player paying more will pay less money and the player selling for less will get more money).

The Secret World AH had a 10% tax just for posting something for sale, so if you tried to something really expensive and it didn't sell you would actually lose money.

A intermediary between both would be great.

This is Blizzard in a nutshell. They are beyond a mediocre company at this point.

auction house jews btfo

>See? You didn't want it.

>Gonna btfo this kid
>here's a reddit link

Attached: 1567307623510.jpg (200x200, 11K)

Those are price floors/ceilings. That or buy/sell caps. Runescape is a good example of how it can be done. It's not perfect, but it helps prevent the game from being totally annihilated by bots dumping their materials. It also helps from the rich folks just buying out everything and controlling prices for basic materials and getting even richer.

If you have gathering professions you should be able to make a profit even lvl 30
Damn rogues love to drink thistle tea

>You just don't understand

You don't get more twitter bluecheck'd than this

>mfw I'm in this dude's guild

Attached: 1555965765843.jpg (480x467, 45K)

Attached: 1489770401711.webm (640x360, 258K)

Shit that never happened. Stay mad about a game youre not playing youre almost fitting in now...

>Sometimes the player paying more will pay less money and the player selling for less will get more money
I am no expert, but I believe it works something like this
>You make a buy offer for lobster at 200gp
>The GE algorithm checks all available sell offers for lobsters, starting with the lowest priced first
>If it doesn't find any, your buy offer gets put into some queue until your turn comes for an offer that is You make a sell offer for a rune scimmy for 30k
>The GE algorithm checks all available buy offers for rune scimmys, starting with the highest offer first
>If it doesn't find any, your sell offer gets put into some queue until your turn comes for an offer that is >=30k

I think this system was implemented so GE doesn't get abused by people trying to get around the Trade Limit of 2008

Try US PVP.

This is pretty nice

Why is this a problem?
So a guy has tons of a gathered material that sells for a lot on the marketboard due to its scarcity. he's free to undercut the rest of the marketboard listings.
I don't see the problem with this or why it would effect other players. You can always just gather them yourself if you need the material, no?

I knew it was something like this but didn't know the specifics. It's a good system, not perfect but pretty good.

Either way thanks for the explanation.

1) It's unfair and a clear abuse, which should be bannable
2) The gorillion gold coins earned by abuse are spent on all kinds of stuff, ruining the economy further
3) Shitty economy influences what people farm, and their professions, making their lives miserable when everything changes thanks to a sudden crisis
4) Unhappy folk equals even shittier social atmosphere

hahahahaha, they should whine some more instead of banning these people.

I miss Nostalrius

Chink gold farmers.....home......

they needed layering though so that people wouldnt have to wait in queue.

Attached: 1433202831825.jpg (666x728, 126K)

Oy vey these goys are completing subgated content! Ban them!

Good job defeinding layering you absolute fucking mongoloid retards, now whole game is permamently fucked.

From my perspective they simply increased the amount of layers like twice in the last week

layering doesnt help with queues, it helps with server crashes and server stability by evenly dividing load

Thats how it feels at least.
Either stuff instabuys/sells, does so after a few minutes or does so after a few hours/days or don't at all.
First case I assume is that the algorithm found a real bargain for you
Second case I believe are the offers in Buy queue/Sell queue being paired up so it takes a while.
Third case is no opposite offer on the market that matches your parameters.
Fourth case means that your price ain't right or there is literally 0 demand for what you are selling.

It is a pretty benevolent system as it does try to give you the best offer available.
Its also harder to fix a market by buying out competitors.

unitonically was more vanilla than classic

Who on Yea Forums defended layering?
I thought it was accepted here that it will be shit

>layering only in starting areas announced
>the whole game is layered
>people still believe they will remove it once the hype dies down
Just sitting here and enjoying the fire.

Attached: 1490925625533.png (1172x675, 32K)

>Unhappy folk
>shittier social atmosphere

That's always wow. You wanted classic.

Psservers build by a bunch of amateurs were perfectly stable with 10k realm pops.
BUT NONONO WE NEED LAYERING
Just shut the fuck up and kill yourself, retard

Already uninstalled. Realized I hadn't actually had any fun playing Classic.
Shadowbringers was actually fun (feel free to call me a tranny, I don't give a fuck), it's a shame that it doesn't have enough content (Yes, I cleared E4S).

Attached: sd3akw6eoag31.jpg (750x771, 56K)

Say hello to little dovakins new friend

Attached: Classic WOW experience (2).jpg (1310x968, 686K)

>Schadenfreude

Get fucked boomers. Asmon is going to say my name so hard when I give him a million gold.

>that minimap
OH NO NO NO

Ni hao.

nice irrelevant post, thanks for the (you)

Fucking kek, what were the replies like?

Attached: 1518749347279.jpg (1024x617, 123K)

>layering to level is okay
>layering to farm mats is NOT okay
the state of nostalgiafags

Attached: 1549748500051.png (841x499, 466K)

>say meanie word
>get permabanned across all blizzard games
>cheat
>nothing
lel what a quality company. Your fags' fault for having hope in nublizzard

still not over it eh method? layering sucks period but fuck you anyways you whiny cunt.

Thats what they said about that one time in GW2 where players found an NPC that sold an item and could resell it back to him for more. Anyone who abused it got banned, even though it was a really obvious easy thing.

Its a private server, on live classic the minimap switches to the interior of the org bank when you're inside.

>language that would get you fired from every non-hick workplace
>break rules you agreed to
>be surprised when punishment is enforced

Attached: D8Y-EK9VsAAFhFT.jpg (1042x1254, 177K)

Yeah same thoughts... chink farmers aside that is

Why did Activion insist on fucking around with classic? You couldn't just leave it the fuck alone, no you just HAD to have sharding.

>wanting your playtime to be like your worktime
I'm not surprised, just pointing out how absolutely fucked nublizzard is.

>>say meanie word
>>get permabanned across all blizzard games
I've seen a lot of people use faggot so far

lauering for level was never okay, only (((people))) which wanted layering were bfa faggots

This is an abstract kind of a Chad move

Cause retards like you will eat their shit and pay for the game regardless of what they do

But user I'm not playing classic and I haven't subscribed in over a year

They probabbly think that layering improves the game

>I haven't subscribed in over a year
>paying for anything after MoP

How do you even change layers?

Attached: 1475833992593.jpg (362x346, 38K)

Even shitty chink MMOs have cooldowns when changing channels.

Bug exploits at release is the one thing XIV can't boast about, XIV's had way more serious shit happening during ARR's release, like the whole fucking database being accessible through the lua, allowing you to spawn any item you wanted.

Which one of you fagets did this?

Rollbacks? Or does Blizzard just not care?

Considering some higher ups have massive egos and the fact that people want to play the versions made before they even worked at Blizzard cuts real deep for them, they most likely were counting on this happening

us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/layer-switching-is-the-problem-not-layering-itself/286941/20
already debunked

can someone explain layering to me im new i have no idea what it is or how it works

Attached: meh.png (250x250, 110K)

>its not the problem, they way they implemented it is!
Dang you are so smart.

>g-gguys layering won't affect anything serious

You have a server.
This server shares a single economy and has the same character pool.
But instead of having all players play on a single world, you have "sub"-servers that split your playerbase up.
Instead of 3000 people having only a single certain training spot, now 9000 people have 25+ training spots available.

So this single server with its single character pool has access to 25 servers worth of resources and XP grinding spots

that already got proven false retard

us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/layering-is-destroying-the-economy/285119/5

THE VANILLA EXPERIENCE.

Attached: 1560841585492.png (1147x623, 406K)

Link please. LINK.

Attached: 1542758133487.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Literally FUD probably started by retail cucks

Attached: bluepost.png (989x730, 578K)

nvm thanks

>r-rest assure g-guys....e-everything is f-fine
Yeah, nice cope.

Ok that clears things up. I guess we are at home after all

How the fuck do you even switch layers

>b-but my bullshit posts and photoshopped images

>Dev damage control
the only thing that matters in this case will be the actual effect of the economy.
The delays will not solve the problem of mirrored resource nodes, so instead of 1 guy hoping 5 layers for a resource node, it will be 5 guys per layer, the amount of goods on the market introduced will still be the same.
The idea that layers will not skew the economy towards more goods on the market is naive.
If they want actually solve it, just layer beginner areas and have people actually compete for rarer resources and grinding spots in higher level zones.

Okay, but how exactly do you do it? How do you change layers on a whim? How do you find out what layer you're on? Best way to get this shit fixed is if everyone is doing it.

>SOME GUY HAS 3k ARCANE CRYSTALS
Yeah that was proven to be bullshit. What a dumb topic.

Read the fucking thread.

I was saying this for fucking months. Layering was always going to destroy the economy

You can't, and people aren't hording this much stuff. Blizzard has publicly responded about this.

Attached: BluePost.png (997x769, 601K)

Thanks, I had a feeling this was bullshit

>unforeseen
Everyone with a fucking brain saw this coming

Dismissing an entire post by calling it damage control is not an argument. There's no proof people are getting thousands of valuable materials other than an image that would be pretty easy to fake.

>Uh, actually, it's true. Believe me!
I'm more inclined to believe Blizzard about this than some dude saying "trust me bro" on Yea Forums

Post your questing/ adventuring inventory with minimal context

other anons will deduce your class and faction (maybe even your character's race) based on what items you have.

I'll start this with an easy one from my guy

Attached: 5123412.png (294x357, 161K)

Jesus Christ the "people" on wow forums are the most subhuman failures I've ever seen.

>Layering is perfectly fine, it won't affect the game at all

- Yea Forums, circa one week ago

Attached: 1542082345938.jpg (249x252, 5K)

Not unlike people on Yea Forums really

But it hasn't and those screenshots of people having 3k arcane crystals are fake

>I'm more inclined to believe Blizzard
There's your first mistake.

DENIAL
COPE
DENIAL
COPE
DENIAL

While people in Yea Forums are all fine, productive members of society....

>alliance
>lvl 27-30
>human warrior

>class
warrior
>faction
horde
>race
tauren?
and you're in stv

At this point this is now an meme made on purpose, everyone knows about this meme

I don't think forcing a layer change via joining a party is a legitimate game mechanic. If you could choose your layer, then I'd see it, but the way layering works is that you're not supposed to know what layer you're on, or how you can change it.

It's an exploitation of the implementation of party invites.

>Cutting off the relevant part
I said I'm more inclined to believe them then some dude saying "trust me bro" which is all you have

I cant imagine being this desperate for shitposting. God damn user why are you such a shit

But that is not what I was arguing for.
I am not arguing that people right now have 3k black lotuses or what ever. Not once in any post i made have I even mentioned the 3k resources, only talked about the implications of layers.
I am saying that layers by the way they function increase the available supply to the economy. I used the 25 number because that is the number I saw thrown around.
It doesn't matter if the actual number is 3, 5, 7 or whatever.
Each additional layer means decreased amount of competition for a single resource/xp point in return for more potential resources/xp.
Not what I said.
I said
>the only thing that matters in this case WILL BE
as in,
>Lets wait and see

The mechanic is intended to switch the invited person over to the invitees layer. By your definition, the moment you confirm that you and your friend are not on the same layer, it becomes a "legitimate" game mechanic.

Nah, he is on this quest.
classic.wowhead.com/quest=101/the-totem-of-infliction

If theres 3 times as many people playing on 3 layers then the competition remains the same and the supply stays the same as the supplies get burned based on the greater number of people.

You're pretty angry for someone with no evidence

Lmfao even FF14 has protections against this sort of thing

Retard nuBlizz WOWfags didn't see this coming because they are legit retarded

I was telling you that layering would kill vanilla since the very beginning.
Rare shit with long respawn rates means jackshit if you have 10000 layers you can jump onto and get all the tidal charms, all the black lotuses, all the devilsaurs, all the thorium ore and (probably) all the world bosses at once.
Things that should be fought for, things that are defining the difficulty of the game just become fucking worthless.
And the ones that play the game honestly and collect that shit honestly will get shit on even harder since they waste time and effort to get shit that abusers get 10000 fold and sell for coppers.
And if they remove the layers right now or in the near future, abusers will get even more profit since they banked thousands of lotuses.

The only way to fix it is making new servers with ONE SINGLE layer and not allow anyone to transfer there.

Attached: sad.jpg (796x712, 60K)

Bingo, right on the money. Like I said, easy one, figured it was obvious as fuck with the sword and shield and the emphasis on first aid type stuff in my supplies and my Jungle Remedies for junk like Wandering Plague from ghouls in Duskwood's Raven Hill Cemetery.

You got the class right, but it's a human warrior, sorry. The water in the background is from when I was passing through Darkshore.

What type of casual level 60 shit gives you thousands of gold in few days?
No, AoE farming level 58 mobs as a mage doesn't count.

The purpose of it is to allow players to play together, not to give people access to more resources, retard. It's a seamless transition, it's not explicit, you're not even told what layer you're on.

The fact that you can farm out a ton of mats is not an intended mechanic, it's a bug. It's an unintended side-effect, and calling it anything else just shows that you're retarded at best, or malicious at worst.

My, how wrong you were

>The purpose of it is to allow players to play together
Really? Seems counter productive then, since all layering does is split people up

Yeah, because longer queues and forming literal lines for quest mobs would keep everyone happy, playing and together lmao

I can't tell if you're willfully being retarded or trolling
>The purpose of [party invites transferring you to different layers] is to allow players to play together
The layers themselves are done to allow for a "smooth leveling experience" (although, imo, there's some unfortunate side effects like mobs suddenly respawning when you kill one, and players randomly appearing who are AoEing the entire cave when it was empty before).

that is assuming that the ratio of people/layers stays 1:1.
Has Blizzard officially states the conditions under which a layer is formed?
Is it a case where once a layer gets filled up people get put into a new one, or are people getting equally distributed between a set amount of layers, or is it a mix of both?
Another factor is that an increased player count does not imply that it will be uniform across the whole skill spectrum. That is, in theory there could be 3x the top players and 3x the novices, but in practice it could be as skewed as 2x the dedicated player base and 5x the casuals who drop the game in a month or two.
As I said earlier, the only actual way to know how hard layers influence economy will be once the playerbase stabilizes and more people reach endgame content.

>the fact that you can farm out a ton of mats is not an intended mechanic, it's a bug
No, this is absolutely a case of developer incompetence. Such a "unintended side effect" would float up as a major problem during the brainstorming session, let alone the planning, let alone the implementation, let alone the in house testing, let alone the public beta testing and let alone the launch of the game.
>calling it anything else just shows that you're retarded at best
You can call it Ignored side effect, unaddressed side effect, but its hardly "unintended", because if you implement a system, where you copy a zone with all its resources as to not overcrowd it, then you must acknowledge that you have doubled available resources to the server economy from that zone, regardless if the playerbase itself is double or not.
>or malicious at worst
this is Yea Forums not /biz/. its a video game in risk of having endgame items not being as rare as oldfags remember them being, not the sabotage of international stock market .

Yes, actually

Stay mad nublizz employee

404 argument not found

No there was a blue post that said this, didn't here it on Yea Forums.

>No, this is absolutely a case of developer incompetence.
Bugs are caused by developer incompetence or time constraints. Don't try and speak about things you don't understand.
>You can call it Ignored side effect, unaddressed side effect, but its hardly "unintended",
I'm not calling the doublement of resources an unintended side-effect, I'm calling the exploitation of those new-found resources an unintended side effect. Players aren't meant to be able to knowingly change layers. Considering , they recognize the fact it's a bug and are observing it.
>this is Yea Forums not /biz/. its a video game in risk of having endgame items not being as rare as oldfags remember them being, not the sabotage of international stock market .
I'm calling you malicious because you're willfully ignoring the point and side-stepping the fact that this is a system that the devs have implemented to be as unnoticeable as possible. This isn't some other MMO where they tell you what layer you're on, and you can move between them - you can (and generally will) move between layers without even noticing it while just running around. I couldn't give a shit about the in-game economy, I give a shit about how you're trying to justify people exploiting a bug.

Dumb nigger tattle tales always ruin everything why do people do this shit? They get literally nothing for doing it

Doesn't work anyway dipshit, they fixed in long ago in beta.

And? That doesn't invalidate my point you fucking waste of oxygen please walk into traffic

>Bugs are caused by developer incompetence or time constraints
Bugs are mistakes. Layering is a design choice. When making a design choice, you must account for all possible scenarios that this choice implies on your design
>exploitation of those new-found resources an unintended side effect
No, this is pure negligence and the incompetence I was talking about. This is something that any designer in any industry worth their salt would pick up on and address.
This falls squarely on the shoulders of the designers.
If you build bridges, know how heavy cars are.
If you are making an MMO, know your audience.
>Players aren't meant to be able to knowingly change layers
But they are. As I said, the moment two players go to the same place and can't see one another, while also being aware that layers exist, while also being aware that the person being invited will be transported to the same layer as the person.
You don't need to know how many layers there are.
All the information you need is to confirm that you and your friend aren't on the same layer, nothing more is needed. And what is one valid way to confirm if you are on the same layer?
>"Hey, are we on the same layer?"
>"I don't know"
>"Invite me, lets see if I get switched"
Completely valid.

>system that the devs have implemented to be as unnoticeable as possible
but it is noticeable. Again, you only need 2 facts to confirm it
>Layers exist? Yes
>Are we on the same layer? No
It does not matter that blizzard did not label layers. they exist, you can confirm it, and you can switch between them, thats the end of it.
>I give a shit about how you're trying to justify people exploiting a bug.
And I am annoyed how you defend incompetence of the designer and push it onto the consumer.
This "exploit" doesn't need you to ram your character into a building until they get pushed under the world map.
You just need to ask your player to click on your name and invite you to his group.

What's your point? You're literally a nigger calling others niggers because they put an end to your niggeredly ways. Neck yourself, nigger.

>layers
a server should be a server should be a server

It is a server

>a server that acts like multiple servers to split population
lmao. not the mmorpg experience i grew up with.

Why aren't you playing FFXIV?

Because everything wrong with BFA is worse in FFXIV

lol

Nearly all "servers" as you know it are merely instances running on a server.

Almost exactly the same as the MMORPG you played as a kid. Realms have always been layers just with less people.

my favorite mmorpg had an open world with only 2 teleports (two havens to travel over sea) and you could meet any player on the server in the world. you would even remember names and see the same players consistently each day.
sorry but wow is just an extreme normie game. if i want to play a normie game i can just play guild wars 2.

No shit really?

The whole point of servers/shards was due to technical limitations but developers back then always tried to get as many people on the same server so long as it didn't become unstable and started crashing the game

Then korean shit started implementing 'rooms' and now every MMO tries to create private instances and rooms of what should be shared worlds.

this phasing shit is the antithesis of what an MMO is supposed to try and be, without an open, persistant, shared world, the genre is just a bad ARPG with laggy gameplay and shit graphics

Cool story kiddo

this. so much this. that's why i never played wow and didn't play any mmorpgs after 2008.

EQ introduced instanced dungeons in the LDON expansion in 2003. It was unironically a good thing because people would spend literal days camping single mobs.

>There are over 25 layers per server. That’s already 25x the number of recourses than before. Layering by default broke the economy.

There's less than 10, and most servers it's less than 5

The whole point of layers in classic was to prevent a shitstorm at release of no one be able to tag a mob. It was a necessary evil and it's going away.

limited resources are the whole point of a shared rpg experience.

The damage has been done though.

Luckily, limited resources isn't black and white.

How so?

I always wonder what the gm conversations between players that argue like this look like before they get disconnected and banned.

Or just not have layering in Classic to fucking begin with since it shouldn't fucking be there.

It's actually one of the very few things Blizz has done right.

>the whole point of laying was to give you an unauthentic classic experience
Well done.

It's actually one of the most damaging decisions they've made for classic.

Play classic everquest

Attached: Npc_lord_shin_ree.png (550x737, 786K)

I played WoW at launch and there weren't 60 people standing in a circle around the level 4 quest mob.

Not at all

I gave it a try but it's just a single player game with optional lobby based group content if you feel like doing it. Not to mention the fanbase here is the most over zealous and easily offended group of cunts I've had the misfortune of dealing with so I can only imagine how it can be in game.

As soon as Daybreak offers an actual classic server complete with original UI.

Yeah man, the classic experience would certainly be 100 people trying to tag one mob

Why not p99? They are about to release a fresh server next month and theyve always had a healthy population

I am, it's great. The roleplay is pretty active there across all servers and there's no need to rush to endgame because you can enjoy content at virtually all levels. For example, I can actually do crafting and make reasonable profit below level 50 because there's an actual economy there.

There's actually people in this thread that believes Blizzard is going to remove Layering in phase 2

Attached: 38207602.jpg (1748x2480, 901K)

Are there any guides out there that are decent for a brand new player? I gave p99 a shot ages ago but could not figure anything out.

wowhead.com/news=294920/blizzard-responds-on-layering-abuse-in-classic-wow

This legit?

There's no reason to keep layering if there's less people and they're more spread out across the areas
Anyone that thinks they're going to back-pedal on what they said and be subject to pissing off paying customers is a retard

Ultimately because there's no classic UI for that client. Last time I played there were some game-breaking bugs like incorrect movement speed and pet taunting issues.

I believe they have a lot of guides on their forums. The playerbase is also pretty good about helping to the best of their knowledge. Is there anything specific that was confusing you?

When did you play? The ui should be something you can set up right and there arent any game breaking bugs that im personally aware of with those two things.

The link to the post is literally in this thread

I just remember spawning in the world and not knowing where to go or understanding the UI at all. My brain has probably been addled by modern game handholding that I gave up in like an hour.

>Anyone that thinks they're going to back-pedal on what they said and be subject to pissing off paying customers
So like what' they've done in retail in, as far as I'm aware of since I haven't played BfA, the previous Legion expansion. You can't believe the shit that comes out of Blizzards mouth until it's actually done.

Layers didnt exist back then. What he is doing should be impossible

I've tried all the "classic-like" UIs but there's no actual fully-functional classic UI. I would definitely give it another shot if there was but I'm like 99% sure the Titanium client can't support it. Shame EQClassic development is dead in the water.

What did they back-pedal on regarding retail?

They said it would be fun

Just go out and kill stuff thats white or blue con to you (/consider im sure theres a shortcut) until you level up a little when you should probably back down to blue con. Get moneu built up and look up where your spell vendor is and that should get you started. Sit down, recharge mana and go at it again. If you arent a casting class thats less you need to worry about.
Sorry to hear, titanium is close enough to the ui from when I started so it never bothered me. That said I dont think the bugs are as bad as you were talking about now.

Maybe if you post on the forums since p99 green is on the way some interest in getting a proper classic ui will come about.

p99 wiki has a ton of shit now. leveling guides based on class, farming, gear guides, race guides.

Waiting on green.

This is what I'm talkin' about.

Attached: f2281e18-fd51-4559-8b38-3ba77a1f5a91.jpg (800x600, 151K)

maybe they should have I don't know fucking tested it, give it a huge cooldown, but nah they are too fucking stupid to think of that. remember when they said layering wouldn't affect gameplay, sure as shit kills the economy

No they didn't

pretty funny that the wow Classic thing is now officially more unprofessional than some german private servers i've been to years and years ago

>still blindly defending blizz
man boomers are some of the dumbest people I swear

I had a feeling thats the ui you meant. I had always thought there was a ui for that for p99

>Devs just say "N-no everything is fine."
lmao

Attached: 1480841574737.jpg (1165x1155, 383K)

Stutterposting is cancer

cope fftranny

Just an example of what pissed me off in Legion, they've gone on record in a Q&A that they wouldn't do ilvl scaling.
The immediate next patch afterward, they snuck it into 7.2 without mentioning it at all in the ptr, people still found out and pointed it out, obviously ignored and was released broken. Then they said that they didn't mention it because something along the lines of Naturally experiencing the scaling. Which led to a small dance of people finding ways to get around it (Taking gear off, putting gear in the bank, selling gear temporarily then buying back when done with questing/dailies) to kill things faster and Blizzard spending more time hotfixing the work arounds instead of balancing until they finally scaled it back that it was sortof a none issue, but it was still there.
The problem to me isn't that layering isn't going to away until phase 2. it's that "Blizzard says it will" that I don't believe.

Why would a billion dollar company lie when they've already betrayed their consumers trust?

So Blizzard will once again shift the blame for their shitty game design onto the player.

I am not surprised.

Attached: 1566186880909.jpg (700x368, 56K)

I agree with what you're saying but layering isn't that big of a deal tbhwy

Of course not, because there were originally more servers, and people were more spread out. Are you stupid?

>the addon talks to other people with the addon
lmfao no

Do you not get sarcasm or something?

>don't mind me , just farming 20000 rugged leathers in one day using classic mechanic aka layering

Attached: 1567226481237.jpg (1200x775, 141K)

So you agree with the post you responded to in sarcasm? y/n

WHAT THE FUCK DOES LAYERING MEAN
EXPLAIN REEEEE

an alternate universe inside the game
even if you and your friend are at the exact same place at the exact same time on the same realm you will not see each other because of the layering unless you invite each other

They're going to ban everyone who's doing this but my bots will never be banned because I'm not a retard. $200 free money per bot, per month. People are dumb.

>plays the game and doesn't have a single clue about what he is playing
Sounds about right for the people that still keep giving their money to Activision.

>WoWtards can't handle world hopping for resources
Runechads laughing at you

>dont mind me , just lying on the internet to "prove" to people I don't know that I was right about my jaded-and-cynical-schadenfreude-masked-"prediction" about WoW classic

how does retail deal with layering exploits?

>don't mind me, just doing my job for free as a corporate drone for activision

its the thing that first caught my eye in a negative way when I restarted wow after wotlk in BFA
in retail wow Layering works like this
>There aren't very lot of people of your server in a certain area
>so all of a sudden people appear from OTHER servers, almost like in this hypercube movie if you've ever seen that
its so weird and these people that you may have a friendly encounter with will just dissapear some steps away from where you've first met

and now for Classic they have this layering on ONE server that means someone is with you in one area, all off a sudden to many people are in your shared layer, so the system creates a new one and all of the people around you dissapear

but ofcourse the system wants you to stay in the same layer as the one you were in the group with
so people group up with people on different layers and you'll see all these rare mobs (which would've been an actual rare encounter back then) and ores there

Why do you work for free?

cope harder tranny

Fucking moron

>layering won't ruin Classic guys we'll only have it in for a set amount of time and beginner zones it will "improve the quality of gameplay"!
>layer fucking everything
>layering proceeds to ruin Classic
>w-w-whoops
No changes means no fucking changes. Next thing you'll know they'll add Dungeon Finder because it will "improve the quality of gameplay".
Shit like this is what ruined Retail to begin with.

Attached: 1494965110904.png (574x791, 372K)

Attached: 1540622006771.png (448x333, 148K)

I think I can wrap my head around it, thanks. That's still weird but thank you for the explanation. I haven't played WoW anyways and don't plan to.

yeah I really do not understand why they didn't do the "2servers are actually one" and when the zoomer crowd goes away (just like blizzard rightfully predicted) they just merge the 2 and end of the fucking story

Is it true that there is no bag for keys?
Are there even keys in game?

Not a good comparison, layering is basically like an automated, load-balancing server merge that gets everyone where they wanted to be in the first place.

There is no bag for keys.
There are keys in game.
Bag will come later.

INVITE TO ASMON LAYER!

But why?
Did they forget about it?

Attached: 1485127945719.jpg (1200x842, 372K)

My wow friends have all literally died, which server to go to? Is there a good guild Yea Forums has up running?

No. It just wasn't there at release back in 2004.

You do realize that's how damage and threat meters are working right? Yes they parse the combat log but it still requires the entire raid to have the same addon so it can compare between users for a more accurate number.

yes, reading the combat log is a lot different from addons communicating with other users retard, there's no networking layer in the WoW API

Just tried this resource layering bullshit people complain about, it literally doesn't work. Doesn't matter if you switch layer or not, the node doesn't come back.

because there's a cd on layering that makes it so you can't switch layers during the time it'd take for a node to respawn
blizz talked about it in a podcast.

>Blizzard has publicly responded about this.
Behind the scenes the company doesn't keep track of you 24/7 as this post is entailing. It's called Damage Control, user. Yes, you can still exploit the layering system for their own benefit ingame. That's because the "method" that's being shared around the net is a lie, the real method to exploiting the layering system can work a few ways. The only method i know of is my friends way, which as they call it the "Multiboxing method" and they've already accumulated alot of gold and no, the Layering CD has no real effect on him neither.

>orc
>rogue
>55+

blizzard literally bans you for using emotes and voice lines in overwatch

google wow addon api sendaddonmessage

Fuck you for defending Blizzard's shitty oversight problem. "Abusing a game mechanic" is basically just code for "we can't be bothered to think things through so we'll just ban you"

And fuck you too, because you were too dumb to figure shit out on the first iteration and now you're desperately trying to catch up to the rapidly cracking golden egg

Attached: layers.png (295x19, 12K)

How about you shareeeeee

>source: dudetrustme.org
How about you post some proof?

>can have just vanilla
>need bfa mechanics
Dumb BfA tranny

>tfw rarely sell shit on the AH
>have alts and make everything i need myself so i never have to buy shit
>get gold from quests and grinding
economy being fucked up barely affects me

I'm sure you have multiple high level alts already for enchanting, alchemy, herbalism and mining.

>Say you're going to report everyone who asks for layer invites for hack
>LMAO NOT HACKING MAN
>FUCK YOU FAGGOT
>DIPSHIT ITS A GAME MECHANIC
>LOL POOR MUCH?

Attached: 1552947420225.gif (400x320, 2.28M)

>shareeeeee
If I share then it'll spread everywhere and everyone will be doing it, so like hell i'll do that.

not yet but i can never stick to one 60
also i have friends

I'll pinky promise
[email protected]

Home.... well at least it was till the jews fucked it up.

thats just a normal wow conversation , I don't see whats wrong.

Schreenshots have data saved within them to identify the account, time, and date of every single person who takes one, you retard. They're not suggesting they monitor literally every player's information, they pulled the data and inspected his characters banks.

ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-general/375573-looking-inside-your-screenshots.html

what bot are you using desu? i'm missing my nostalgia of using glider