Bomberman Thread

Let's have a Bomberman thread. I've never played a Bomberman game before but I'm interested in getting into the series. Which games should I play and which game should I start with?

Some things to note before recommending the games to me:
>I have an N64*, Genesis*, PS2, GC, GBA*, DS, 3DS, PSP*, PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U, and Switch. I can emulate the stuff I starred* plus the Turbografix 16 and SNES.
>I have some friends come over occasionally, but I mostly play games by myself unless it's an online game.

Attached: WhiteBomber_Vector01.png (310x400, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameofbombs.com/landing
twitch.tv/supersean
youtu.be/0MPxuudoHH4
youtu.be/uwTJxJ4i_Zs
youtu.be/XVNqPJOONy8
youtu.be/nDvoMVe9qvc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9zLCZGwV0
youtube.com/watch?v=2GH-p-Basedvc
youtu.be/pL48pyghuTI?t=1012
youtu.be/2GH-p-Basedvc
youtube.com/watch?v=qkWbRqCaovY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just beat the sega genesis and arcade title with my best friend.
I'd say play super bomberman 3 first since it's not as ridiculous as genesis title in terms of unfair bs.
64 quite a strange one since it technically fully 3d instead of a grid system. Explosions AOE based rather then 4 way grid base like most bomberman titles. It's really fun though. Has a great sp and a great mp as well.
If you want unimaginable fun play the saturn and get the 8 controller setup. It's probably the best bomberman MP title besides maybe DS.
Also another weird one. Try the bomberman online game where it allows up to 100 players. Very interesting gameplay wise. Extremely chaotic but prepare thigh self for autism due to the fact that the avatars can range from undertale to MLP.

>generic literally who from old third-rate arcade fighter got in as a playable DLC fighter
>meanwhile Bomberman is AT locked for no reason

How the fuck did Terry get in before him? They are just putting in any random MC now, why the fuck are they lowering their standards so much while putting legends as AT's?

Attached: bomberman-assist-trophy-656x365.jpg (656x365, 37K)

the super bomberman games on the famicom are great and what i started with. i like 3&5 the best. my favorite bomberman game is bomberman hero and it plays like a platformer so it's not your typical bomberman game. saturn bomberman is great. bomberman generations on gamecube is like a rpgish andventure game.

Attached: 446-bomberman-007-xiuxa.jpg (3200x2104, 1.72M)

FUCK YOU BLACK BOMBER

Attached: Fnrjxnxnsnd.jpg (225x225, 16K)

At least Bomberman is in smash in some capacity. Some characters will probably never get in like that touhou girl.

>bomberman generations
Hmm never heard of that one. Definitely playing that one after I beat 64 once and for all.
I never got to finish it.

You do know that there is more DLC right?

I think I vaguely remember someone saying that there was screwy legal crap going on that prevented Nintendo from featuring him? If so, it must be some seriously impressive screwy legal crap, considering the other faces that've been squeezed in.

I suppose he could also just not be popular enough to merit entry, but I WANT TO BELIEVE ;_;

Unless they d-trophy him which idk if they'd do that in one game; there's no way he'd be a dlc fighter.
I mean it's possible but it be pretty strange and i'd ask why make him a trophy in the first place?

Recently played Jetters and it was not very good
Tournament still best game

I'd rather Bomberman not be in at all so that at least there would be hope that he'd get in.

You're deluding yourself if you think AT's will ever be promoted

Should I post THAT?

I would love to see a new bomberman anime

The Bomberman adventure games are really good. Generation and Jetters are great and the N64 ones are really good too.

>Also another weird one. Try the bomberman online game where it allows up to 100 players. Very interesting gameplay wise. Extremely chaotic but prepare thigh self for autism due to the fact that the avatars can range from undertale to MLP.
link please? or what it's called

Unironically the 7th gen bomberman games were the most fun I had with the series. Sucks I've only been able to find 3 online games in the last 2 months.

Not an argument for Bomberman. He's already an assist trophy and there will be no place for him in the series reboot following Ultimate.

Kill yourselves retarded rulefags, being an AT doesn't mean that you won't be playable in the game.

Watch Waluigi be DLC in the next pass, i'm gonna laugh at your retarded faces when this happens. Screencapped

gameofbombs.com/landing
Here you go my dude. 51 players atm.

I never said a trophy can't be promoted. There were a few that did get promoted.
I'm saying it might not be possible in the same game since we've never seen that before.
Well there is a undertale costume in the game so all fucking bets off idk what there going to do to generate hype. Hell they know this series is nothing but a roster hype fest with smelly players.

Cool, a Bomberman thread!
I could recommend a lot of games.
If you want to emulate, the three PC Engine/Turbografix 16 are pretty good, a good starting point ('93 is my favorite of those).
All of the Super games, yes even R (available on Switch, for like $30) is a lot of fun.
For Gameboy/GBC/GBA, I enjoy Wario Blast (GB 2 and 3 are decent too), Bomberman Quest and Max on GBC (Pocket if you enjoy a platformer twist), and Tournament and Max 2 for GBA (there's also two Jetters games on there that are pretty fun, but they're Japan only).
If you want DS Bomberman games I definitely recommend 2 (aka: Custom Battler Bomberman in Japan), the Bomberman Land Touch! games are fun too if you like minigames.
Generation on the Gamecube is pretty fun too, there's also Jetters if you want more of that type of gameplay.

Me too, I really enjoyed Jetters (my favorite video game based tv series).

Sure thing buddy

Attached: Shiro.png (646x724, 183K)

God I hate this shit.

Attached: 1567668014289.jpg (505x411, 28K)

cute, I like the fuse tail

Don't be that fucking user, my guy. Some people still believe we actually have beef with the Banjobros because of that shit.

Attached: bomberyikes.png (557x545, 325K)

I enjoyed Bomberman Tournament surprisingly much, any other Bomberman games in this style?

Bomberman already is taken for DLC.
here's your last Konami rep bro

Attached: sh_white_hunter_04.jpg (715x1008, 175K)

Bombergirl should be a bonus character in Bomberman R.
>tfw Bombergirl now is almost more popular than Bomberman in Japan.

Attached: Shiro_loctest2.jpg (1000x974, 209K)

Wellllll... There's Bomberman Story DS, which is pretty much the worst Bomberman game that's not called Act Zero. I can recommend Bomberman Quest on the GBC, tho. It's like Tournament, but more boss-rush oriented.

CTR RAFFLE:
join or not, if you want a code
twitch.tv/supersean
twitch.tv/supersean
twitch.tv/supersean

There is an more obscure game called Bomberman Jetters: Densetsu no Bomberman ('The Legendary Bomberman), based upon the Bomberman Jetters anime and it's a prequel to the show. You play as Mighty (White Bomber's older brother) and it plays almost identical to Tournament. It's Japan only though, but there is a guide on gamefaqs though if you want to emulate it/buy it.

Don't suppose there's at least a menu patch?

>Bombergirl now is almost more popular than Bomberman in Japan
Hard to believe that sex sells so much in a country with such a small birth rate.

WESTERN RELEASE WHEN

Thinking about it, but Bomberman R just was a Konami anniversary game with a Bomberman skin , there's now more Konami characters in the game than Bomberman characters, there's even some third parties depending on the platform.

Attached: bomberman r.png (459x939, 255K)

I'm not entirely sure. I have the original cartridge. Apparently, there was a fan translation in the works, but it's kind of stuck in limbo.

You all are stupid for biting his bait. It's the same idiot that was spamming that but with Banjo.

Back to OP's question, Bomberman Hero is a nice way to transcribe Bomberman's gameplay in a 3D plain and has one of the most unique soundtracks in all of video games. The GBA games were good too as was Bomberman 64.

Attached: 1470372585418.jpg (512x512, 147K)

it's the truth user.
wait for the PC port, probably going to release after all the characters, there's two remaining.

Attached: kekinusmaximus.png (943x329, 261K)

I'm sorry user...

Attached: bombersad.png (311x299, 102K)

First, you need to get a Texas Instruments graphing calculator. TI-83+ is the standard choice.
Then go track down a copy of Bomberman for your shiny new calculator. Bonus points if you have friends with Bomberman for their calculators, you can connects with the cable and play each other.

Considering the pretty good sales of R, we probably will have another Bomberman game for next gen, at least.
But not now, even if Konami is working on something, it's probably bigger than Bomberman. Probably MG or CV.

What does this thread think about Power Bomberman? It has so much content that it's not funny.

Attached: power bomberman.png (282x160, 11K)

>MG
Can they really make it good without Kojima? I would rather have it rest than see it get ruined

>muh collective fanbase

Kill yourself. There is no "we" you incel, just like there is no collective "Banjobros". Why the fuck are you even bringing up Banjo?

But yes, Bomberman objectively should have been in before faggotbabydaiperbear. Sakurai had to fucking explain in the stream who Banjo even was and didn't even know what his moves were called.

Either way it doesn't matter, the point is that now -- with the announcement of Terry -- they are just adding random generic series mascots who nobody asked for, all because they want a lot of series represented. That's awesome, and there's nothing wrong with Terry. But before they start shoveling in literally whos for the sake of completion they should be adding fan favorites and legends. Between Terry and Bomberman, it is obvious who should have been an AT and who should have been DLC.

Bomberman 64 and Hero are good games to start with If your planning on emulating I suggest Bomberman 64 The Second Attack since retrofags overcharge too much for that game

People don't realize most people of the old kojipro actually stayed.
including the writer of MGRR.
It would probably be quite different, but far from bad.
people use Survive as an example, but Survive very likely was a cut expansion of MGO3 that was made stand alone. the story mode was made during the one year delay of the game.

Uh.... I think you got the wrong guy...

Attached: bomberpensive.png (322x185, 54K)

Bomberbump

Attached: bomberdance.gif (84x86, 20K)

>Hero
not a great game to start with d e s u t b h
completely different from every other game in the series and with mediocre everything but music

thanks user

I just played 30 min of that and i love it.

thanks user if you see someone with RD as an avatar it's probably me

Reminder that 64 is peak Bomberman.

Attached: ECYpovjWkAEEqe9.jpg (1500x1500, 165K)

no you tard that post is obviously responding to the quoted post id

DAB DAB DAB ON DEM BLACK BOMBERNIGGERS

Attached: bomberdab.jpg (1612x1068, 349K)

play bomberman hero for jumping.

Bomberman hero looks average, but the soundtrack is god tier.

Every bit of it is so.

Never played Generation, but it has a godlike soundtrack.
youtu.be/0MPxuudoHH4
youtu.be/uwTJxJ4i_Zs
youtu.be/XVNqPJOONy8

Attached: bomberman headphones.jpg (720x405, 76K)

I was just listening to some of the tracks for this game last night. The funky variant of Tako Desert is probably my favorite song in the game.

Game's got some bangers dude.
youtu.be/nDvoMVe9qvc

Attached: bomberchill.jpg (306x306, 21K)

Black Bombers make bigger explosions.

Attached: 1486695433075.jpg (578x818, 106K)

hop on my dick and I’ll show you an explosion

Attached: 67C83DD6-A941-490D-ABF3-0252F0AA6655.jpg (389x389, 19K)

CHEATING WHORE. GO BE A LIABILITY ELSEWHERE YA BITCH!!!

Attached: bombermad.jpg (1081x473, 387K)

Can't believe Bombergirl forgot about the loudest bombergirl of them all

Attached: 1540898004913.png (633x469, 327K)

But aren't you all siblings according to the newest canon?

mad

delet

Attached: CSP4t.png (128x160, 20K)

Attached: bomberdelet.jpg (1200x675, 82K)

HOPE YA KNOW HOW TO SWIM, BLACKIE

Attached: bombermurder.png (373x298, 143K)

Jetters is one of the best video game-to-animation adaptations ever.

>extremely creative use of different kinds of Bombermen & common series enemies
>awesome tournament arc
>awesome elite four arc
>every member of the group is unique and likeable in their own ways, including having extremely interesting backstories
>every single thing about Mighty being reborn in MAX's body
>the multiple MAX clones which are all taken out by different Bombermen
>switches between tear-jerking and hilarious on a dime and does both extremely well
God, I wish the GBA game would get translated already.

Attached: MV5BNDE5MjIxNWUtZjQwMi00OTFlLWE0NmMtN2E3ZWMxNTFiMDI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjM2NDIwMzQ@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>literally no mention of smash
>the falseflagging stevoid already posted this pasta, updated for Terry
I've been off Yea Forums for a while, is this sperg still at it?

Have sex

The Bomberman setting/lore went tragically underdeveloped after the PC Engine.

Attached: Bomberman 93.png (768x672, 87K)

How is Super Bomberman R?

Worse than all 5 SNES Super Bombermans, but still good.

Attached: Great_Bomber_Scene.png (464x396, 277K)

Generation and Jetters were the games I played a ton as a kid. Maybe I'll see if I can boot up the ol' lunchbox system with that tiny tv screen on it still or just emulate if all else fails

Attached: bomberman_by_spidermang10-dc6qx4z.png (320x480, 24K)

Unfortunately so...

Attached: bomberyawn.gif (304x174, 88K)

Bomberman lore is always set-up and discontinued to hell and back. Super Bomberman R is literally a loose recreation of Super Bomberman 3.

Attached: bomberman ghibli.jpg (1103x777, 263K)

Bomberman threads never hit bump limit.

This is the wrong board for it.

Attached: Pretty Bomber Neo.png (638x480, 98K)

Black bomber never blew up planets.

They only do when Bombergirl's involved.

Attached: cumbrain.jpg (604x604, 46K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9zLCZGwV0

Don't mind me, just posting the best Bomberman Online.

Bomberman's continuity is really fucked.

Attached: A TIMELINE EVEN MORE AND MORE.jpg (4750x5121, 1.9M)

>He doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=2GH-p-Basedvc

Attached: hal smug.png (422x448, 187K)

youtu.be/pL48pyghuTI?t=1012

>not found

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, LINK
youtu.be/2GH-p-Basedvc

Attached: eddy disappoint.jpg (766x750, 85K)

Okay, this just isn't my day
youtu.be/2GH-p-Basedvc

Attached: hank facepalm.jpg (532x502, 29K)

>not found

Attached: AHAHAHA.png (357x445, 119K)

WHY DOES IT KEEP ON ADDING BASED ON ALL THE LINKS REEEEEEEEE

Attached: ANGER POWERED JETPACKS.jpg (449x311, 31K)

Dial 8.

Lemme try a different video
youtube.com/watch?v=qkWbRqCaovY

>watch?v=2GH-p-Basedvc
>Based
get rekt

Attached: 1559371417023.jpg (327x396, 28K)

Break up the part that gets replaced with "Based" into two

OP, IGNORE EVERY OTHER POST IN THIS THREAD.

Play these:
>Bomberman '94
>Super Bomberman 5
>Saturn Bomberman

Those are the pinnacle for Battle Mode, which is the main reason you play Bomberman in the first place.

In addition to these, Super Bomberman 1-4 are also worth playing.

>He doesn't play Bomberman for the single-player
Look at this pleb.

Attached: asddasasdasdasddsadas.png (542x563, 384K)

That actually looks pretty neat. Dang.

Attached: ken thumbs up.jpg (500x296, 27K)

bomberman '94 isn't that good desu

All you had to do was just say Mega Bomberman

Attached: super bomberfinger.png (780x593, 692K)

>>Super Bomberman 5
Why 5? 1, 2, 3, and 4 are better.

5 has the best multiplayer out of the bunch

My guess: Because Hudson Soft collapsed and Konami could only get 1 more character in. Seeing as Castlevania was theirs while they only acquired Bomberman, the choice was obvious.

Are there 3 people interested and have the brain capacity to set up and play Bomberman 64? Debating setting up a lobby for a few rounds.

Yeah let's do it.

Attached: tumblr_pgv54eta1l1s3uawvo1_500.gif (430x291, 1.95M)

Seems like not enough interest, maybe later/on the weekend or some shit.

Pink Bomber

Attached: 54d.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Atomic Bomberman was so fucking based. Played that so much as a kid.
Bomberman Hero for N64 had such a based soundtrack.
I haven't met anyone else who's heard of Atomic Bomberman & it hurts my heart.

Attached: atomicbomberman.jpg (854x480, 56K)

>no one posted the best jihadman gmae

Attached: n64_bomberman_hero_p_un9665.jpg (640x442, 80K)

That’s Pretty Bomber. Pink Bomber’s a separate character (Pretty’s younger sister in the Super R continuity).