So what's the verdict on them?

So what's the verdict on them?

Attached: guh huh.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

They're perfect.

I prefer captain crunch

What was with all Sakurai"s "lost soul" shit during his presentation?

annoying projectile spammer with too much recovery

hinting at Dark Souls, which makes sense because Choosen Undead will be the 5th character

Kinda boring, I don't think the moveset potential was there for them. Good nostalgia rep.

He's projecting his own feelings, after Nintendo told him he had to make even more DLC characters.

Really good stats. I still win with Kirby anyways.

Saw Armada’s video kinda putting them in the bottom third tier.
Tried them for myself and totally rekt everyone after figuring out my own way to play them, they’re fucking great and all their neutral moves combined with specials make him a very technical character. I don’t even use the side-b attack all that much.

Already getting results in nip tourneys.

He won't be any lower than mid tier but we'll really have to see.

Fun. Really fun. Balanced. Down throw + up smash at high percents. Great grenade egg tech, such as eggrolling or egg into f-air. Side B quite literally bodies opponents at high percents. Yeet back throw. Good recovery.

Go on VGbootcamp and watch Zackray play him.

He'll be figured out pretty quickly unfortunately. He's too average to stand out from the pack. Side B is a scrub killer but anyone with reaction time can grab him out of it or will shield and punish. It can only be used for a kill confirm. Grenade egg is great but that's not enough to make a character viable. Tons of characters have projectile tech but it can't carry someone who doesn't already have all the tools to capitalize.

I fucking love their moves and animations (also I don’t know why but one of their idle animations reminds me a lot of that shitty smashified render, but this one looks good tho)

Attached: 4B1641C7-F716-4F9D-970A-9AA4A87E5497.jpg (565x557, 336K)

His neutral-B needs Fire and Ice eggs, why aren’t they in?

Grenade Egg is literally just Mechakoopa but actually good. Seriously if this move is ok I see no reason to keep Mechakoopa as bad as it is

because banjo is souless shit

Enjoyable, fun and very comfortable for me to play as, considering I haven't played Smash in well over a decade.

By far the most balanced and fun DLC character for me. He doesnt have a bullshit comeback mechanic like Joker or RNG out the ass like Hero, he's simply good. Should've been in Smash since 64 honestly

More characters like Banjo please

Cope

Would be a good change. Neutral B as is is a fucking pointless move.

Its actually pretty decent at covering ledge since it actually lingers for a while, its not great but its a decent enough projectile, which is fine because he also has the grenade

I should say the full auto mode is pointless. The regular version is a decent gimp.

It was his cry for help, they keep him in a basement and feed him only ramen.

Im still mad they decided to not give us Final Battle or gruntilda lair.
vs Klungo remix sounds nice as fuck tho, I like it a lot considering I never paid much attention to that track in tooie.
Gobi Valley is a hit or miss, some will love it, others will hate it.
spiral mountain is fantastic while Mumbo mountain is meh.
main theme starts good but then it goes to shit.

Mad Monster Mansion is a kino remix though, as is TTC, the music in general was fantastic, I also loved Gobi's valley's remix.

Tons of love to the original BK, Tooie is downplayed hard and N&B is thankfully ignored

>Banjo dies
>"OW!"
Is good
Also victory where they play the instruments in tune with the jingle is the best one

Because one of them dies and becomes a ghost, the other was completely forgotten by the series halfway through the first game.

Spam eggs over the ledge and switch to blaster when they're coming up.

I like the themes nintendo picked of Tooie, lord Wo Fak Fak is the most dramatic boss fight theme in the game, and mr Patch is my favorite in tooie, But I was expecting both of them to get ignored and just to get jinjo village or isle o hags.

I love them. Not as gimmicky as Joker and Hero and pretty well balanced in general. They're fun to play as, the music is amazing, all the details of Spiral Mountain brought a smile to my face.

Im gonna be honest, with all the things they gave to Hero moveset, banjo looks too tame, like, I feel they could have gone way crazier with their moveset.

>No Final Battle theme

It's shit

Fuck off niggers. That shitty country bumpkin music always sucked remix or not. Banjo is a lame character anyway and Terry will BTFO of him.

It's a joke. He's exaggerating about how morbid the story can be at times for a lighthearted game. Which it is, Rare were like that back then. Obviously not in a serious sad way though, just bad shit happens to them like Bottles dying and Tooty being made into an ugly monster.

shit choice

shouldve been steve

fuck this shit

Steevie Stevie, Cope and Seethy

You faggots were so sure of yourselves huh? I laugh.

Attached: 1537575942659.jpg (1024x819, 184K)

Then how did Zakray got in the top 2 using Banjo?

From a highly competitive viewpoint they’re pretty damn good. Extremely complex recovery mixups, no lack of kill options, one of the best if not the best punish tools in the game in the form of side b, wavebounce grenade shenanigans, fullhop neutral b is essentially Mario fireball (it arcs low and can combo), and grenade kill confirms are continued to be explored as we speak. If optimized, I could see him hitting low top or high tier. Their main weakness is his low double and triple jump height (ledge drop jump for example doesn’t reach the ground) and their low air speed and air accel. That being said, they do have 3 jumps to get out of bad situations, and in the words of Dabuz, BK has top tier disadvantage options, which is a fantastic trait for any character to have.

Attached: 086548B4-5511-46A9-8F26-91DE3204169C.png (681x680, 1.07M)

well everyone has matchup inexperience against him, and Zacray is a top 5 player in Japan.

Sakurai just said DLC will never go away
we will always be here haunting you

An absolute fuck ton of fun. I love his off stage options, I love his basic moves, his aerials, and even his specials. His taunts are fun, just the way he moves and acts is everything I wanted
Can't figure out the best way to grenade egg yet though.

>Knocked into the background
>Makes the long distance fall yell
The best.

My problem is I don't understand what his gameplan is. All his moves feel like gimped versions of other characters. Fair is a slow as hell budget Ganon Fair. Nair is a budget Plant/Ivy Nair. Dair is garbage regardless of the character. Side B is so easily punished it can only be used for guaranteed kills. Neutral B is only for stage guard. Down Grab is budget K. Rool. There is literally nothing true from Down Grab that kills (Up Smash at High Percent! No it doesn't. If they can mash well enough they can get out. I have a replay of another Banjo getting out of it at 160%. Go into training mode and try it our for yourself)

Idk Banjo has been my number 1 most wanted since Melee and to see his playstyle turned into Snake but with one move is kinda disheartening.

Banjo's easy to play, nobody really knows the matchup, and Zackray is one of the best players in the world

nice decent mid tier. definite pocket

Attached: congrats to dq and banjo.jpg (1664x1000, 243K)

It's on the xbox.

Attached: 1567637239932.jpg (900x506, 120K)

It's way too early to say he's being overrated or slept on, but having a fully invincible Flare Blitz and the spring shock definitely makes him really hard if not impossible to edgeguard traditionally
Imagine MKLeo trying to do his go-to edgeguard, pressuring with Joker bairs to Banjo. He can just Wonderwing, smack Joker in the face and hit the ledge.
Not saying Banjo is the ultimate Joker counter or anything, but even Leo has to take sideB into account if he wants to edgeguard the bear.

i main him with snake now. i love how similarly they play, but fix his fucking up tilt.

He's a jack of all trades character.

Approach with bair, and downb

I'd say that's more or less his one problem. He's a generalist character not unlike Mario, without a particular "feel" to his moveset other than "things he did in Banjo-Kazooie". Fortunately, like Mario, he has no huge glaring weakness unless you count being a bit clunky in the air. He can kill, he can zone, he can edgeguard, but he's not the best at any of those.

>Dair is garbage regardless of the character.
I don't understand the hate for these types of moves.
Banjo's especially pulls the target along, which helps a lot from what I've experienced.

>tfw Palutena, Ridley, Game and Watch and now Banjo

Attached: 1484138314096.png (448x468, 194K)

agreed.

Their Side B is what Wario's Side B should always have been.

He's missing a spike/meteor to be honest. And Kazoo could have been used for an extended grab. It's weird to me that Banjo grabs the opponent with his stubby limbs, rather than using the bird with the elongated neck.

Way heavier than I thought they'd be.

Also much more focused on fucking around with projectiles. I thought they'd be more all-arounders, but it's really just like playing Snake with an even shitter jump and Flare Blitz instead of nikita.

Still fun.

imagine being a steve fag, especially when Sans got a Mii costume but you didn't

They feel like a mix of Mario, Link and Samus to me with a bit of DK thrown in.

Idle animation

Attached: Banjo idle animation.webm (480x608, 594K)

Does he enjoy being pecked by Kazooie?

I-I would :3c

>Side B has limited used per stock
>Is still less powerful than Flare Blitz and is just as slow
At least Drop golden feathers randomly that Banjo has to pick up.

What do you guys think of starting Sudden Death with just one golden feather?

I hate how reliant on the grenade he is. Basically if you want to win you don't get to play as Banjo-Kazooie you need to play as one button Snake. I don't feel like I'm embodying the character just shitting grenade eggs every five seconds and creating a minefield.

>I hate how reliant on the grenade he is.
He isn't

Gruntilda's Lair is in the Gobi's Valley remix.

Fuck off retard.

Yeah okay everyone in the world including all the pro players are playing around his grenade but sure.

>Everyone is mimicking the same thing after a day
Totally means he is figured out, uh huh.

Guh huh*