Everything wrong with gaming summed up in one game

Everything wrong with gaming summed up in one game.

A lot of great ideas, but just held back by bullshit, bloating, cinematic garbage, looter shooter upgrade system, and politics.

Attached: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f476c537665734d2e6a7067.0.jpg (1200x800, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fantastic game

You never played it. Fucking retard.

>Everything wrong with gaming summed up in one game.
No lootboxes, no online multiplayer cancer, no shitty DLC.
How is it "everything wrong with gaming"?

fpbp

>politics

It has none, lying faggot.

Sorry, OP here, meant to post this

Attached: RE37Bcj.png (1201x1555, 3.54M)

>can't climb waist high obstacles
>have to wander around the environment finding which specific obstacle has the glowing white indicator letting you know that this specific path you can contextually progress through'
>constant cinematic bullshit on-rails walking sections
>combat skills are very unbalanced, ranged is not only much safer but does more damage than melee attacks (outside of spartan rage)
>upgrade system is very unbalanced with costs to buy abilities, with some of the most useful ones being dirt cheap, and useless ones being very expensive
>arbitrary stats system that tells you no relevant information. Instead of just telling you what your health is before and after, you get "10 points in vitality" or "10 points in defense" whatever the fuck that means, also no point of reference since skills all start at 0
>Kratos is soft and there is little to no gore or nothing even remotely offensive despite him being pretty much the most angry and violent person in history who has murdered dozens of Gods and innocent people

God of War has an HOUR LONG INTRO with NO GAMEPLAY. No Japanese game would ever do that.

It’s not on PC Reeeeeeeee

You are nitpicking and exagerating.
GOW is one of the best games ever created.

This

The game's style isn't the same as every other God of War.

Epic post. I salute you. Fuck SNOY!

Half of that stuff you mentioned isn't even relevant to the conversation.
Unbalanced skills dude? Are you serious with this stupid shit?

>hell yeah bro, the game is freaking epicsauce! When I pressed the button to watch the cutscene to make Kratos pick up the big rock and smash the guy with it, my jaw just dropped!

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

No it doesn’t it’s around 20mins.

mgs4, but I agree god is worse in gaming

Yakuza.

>hell yeah bro, the game is freaking epicsauce
I would not formulate it this way but you are right.

>and politics
Imagine being this much of a snowflake, it's always the drumftards that are like this

Persona 5 has a 12 hour long intro

The fact that she looks like that ultra dyke nubatwoman isn't by accident

Attached: Batwoman-Trailer-51619-625x352.jpg (625x352, 20K)

Did anyone actually play Gow?

I found it amazing.

No, that's impossible. God of War is the only game with cutscenes.

Stop posting until you at least hit puberty.

>and politics

how do I know you are a bellend whitoid

Attached: God of War - Queen Killer - Blades of Chaos Chaotic Flurry (Give Me God of War) 2.webm (480x270, 2.97M)

No it doesn't, but Yakuza 6 does. But that's from Japan so for some reason that's not "everything wrong with gaming" but God of War IS

>that gameplay
How can you actually think that is impressive? It's like a button a second and is pretty much all cinematic bullshit.

I will vent out here.
I love videogames, I trully do.
I fucking hate this game.
I love the previous GoWs, I bought the PS4 knowing that GoW4 would be in it.
But since the reveal it was all disapointment for me. All the news that folllowed just agravated this feeling.
I knew that would be a game not made for me.
But when it launched it got worse.
Praise from all the sides. People saying that the writing was amazing.
All I could see was a writing worse than the previous ones, just getting the atention it was getting because it was more proeminent, more in your face.
It all culminates with the TGA prize. I am not the usual Yea Forums poster that hates everything, but I trully hate this game because it is exatly what is wrong with the thing that I grew up with.
I really lost the last shard of hope I had in videogames with this. Not because the average
>believing in TGA
but because every game will try to do something like this, even if we had our share.
Fuck this shit.

Attached: 1521804438576.webm (450x472, 1.44M)

Yea Forums is autistic and doesn't like anything changing. It's why they play jrpgs where every character is completely one dimensional, they can't deal with nuance or character arcs.

Plus it's a Sony exclusive so all the poorfags have to hate it on principle.

GOW2018 is better than the old ones in every way other than gore.

>hour long intro without gameplay
>garbage combat
>extremely long cutscenes
>and lots of them
>"gameplay" is literally raising another man's mixed race son
>you play as a virgin in their 40s

Am I talking about god of war or yakuza 6?

>Witcher 3 is 90% cut scenes with awful gameplay
GOTG
>Almost every third party game is full of just as many cut scenes as any Sony game
No problem
>Try to talk about a Sony game on a Nintendo board
Fuck your movie game!

I wish gook moot would make a Sony board. I'm tired of these children.

This. Play a real game for once.

Attached: Yakuza G0D Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

OP here, Witcher 3 was even worse. It's not so much the cinematics, there is just a lot of little things that really add up in ruining the experience

Honestly, favorite game of 2018. I think you just suck at videogames.

yakuza 6 since kratos fucked whores in the old games

its no less methodical than dark souls, on a boss with like 15+ different attacks and combos.

I respect that your opinion seems to be genuinely your own, but you are wrong and I hope you stub your toe.

fpbp

Damn I had no idea you could do the hyperion grapple to her while she was diving at you

I've done that fight and it's legit hard as FUCK

>pretty much all cinematic bullshit
yeah yeah I could mindlessly dismiss everything I see as [buzzword] without thinking too, but I choose not to because I realize how ignorant it is

>spam one attack followed by a dodge, and then press a button for a cinematic flashy move

I like yakuza but this is a terrible demonstration of "real" combat

There are literally no cinematics in that webm.

>has an attack where she steps on your face
Does someone at Santa Monica have a foot fetish?

Post some "real" yakuza combat then

>massive amounts of cutscenes
>gameplay is mostly looking at flashy cinematic animations play out, along with patented cinematic slowdown for that movie feel
>story is a boring retread of every father/son road trip movie, but played seriously and with alot of drama and sadness to make it seem deep
>gameplay is littered with walk and talk segments, and obviously disguised loading screens

I don't mean to be rude, but it's just the same thing I've been fed over and over again by sony. Infact, I don't think anything would change if the protag was changed to Joel or Nathan Drake. Probably wouldn't even have to change a single line of dialogue. They all just blend together into a cinematic third person slurry.

Attached: 0e7.gif (280x199, 210K)

it really is. That said the beginning sections can leave a bad impression because of the lack of skills available and the heavy usage of cinematics.

If you play on GMGOW the game doesn't even feel good until you get to the central island area and only becomes great when you finally have enough gear or access to the second weapon.

But the fucking exploration is pretty damn good for a single player game. The final islands have some fun puzzles to play with.

nah im not going to go through all that effort. I know yakuza combat is good, and hey so is god of war combat. simple

>>>>>>>>garbage combat

Attached: fists and axe.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

Done

Attached: 1559395522434.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

Yeah it’s better in every way except for
>story
>pacing
>music
>bosses
>weapon variety
>camera

if you put heels on a boss it's obligatory

Attached: 46212848144_1d329b5bf8_h.jpg (1600x900, 348K)

I hope the sequel lets you keep all your weapons and stuff and doesn't pull the same "Kratos loses all his weapons" bullshit like in prior games.

Honestly the game can be massively improved with loading screens. The ammount of bullshit loading areas you have to go through ruin the pacing completely.
And who though that revisiting the same island area at last THREE TIMES was a good idea? Considering you have to row from island to island for like 10 minutes, it becomes insanely boring by your third run around those islands

why aren't the enemies attacking
this is garbage

Wait you can change stances without doing those retarded time-stopped knuckle cracking animations? Or is that just something from the older games only?

The combat is alright to be fair. What I don't like is the enemy variety, the bosses repeat like 5 times each and half of the mobs aren't even fun. The witch isn't fun, just annoying. The fucking elves aren't fun. Any enemy that you have to run around trying to catch isn't fun, unless you're in a platforming game.

You will fight thor at the begining and all your stuff gets destroyed. You will get either thors hammer as the starting weapon or the blades will be the default.

>You will fight thor at the begining
Lmao that's not how sequel baiting works. The scene you saw after the credits will not play out the way you hope it will, it never does.

Well in-game Kratos's only weapons are his axe and his blades, both are pretty hard to write out.

Yeah I feel the same, I don't understand the praise. It's worse than 3 in every way except it looks better. But who gives a shit. Granted, it becomes more fun with chains but seem a bit nerfed.

>both are pretty hard to write out
Easy, he doesn't use blades because ummmmm they make him feel bad. They did it once, why not again

>massively improved with loading screens.
I cannot believe anyone would want this

GoW absolutely deserved GOTY for 2018, amazing game, wish it had some DLC but guess I'll have to wait for the sequel.

Attached: 1524701295731.webm (480x270, 157K)

I'd rather have a loading screen than an empty area with filler dialogue that i have to go/row through. I'd rather go have a quick wank than sit through this

Would you agree that enemy variety is shit and elves and witches are anti-fun? And that it's boring as fuck to go through the islands THREE times?

GOW always starts big. Thor will be mainvillain next and after that Odin. I guarentee you will fight thor in the first 2 hours even if its not in the same way as the dream sequence.

I finished this a couple weeks back and it was sooo boring... The original trilogy is so much better and fun

Haven't played, but from what I hear sounds like it will benefit greatly from the SSD upgrade next gen.

>in gow 3 you fight epic giants
>in gow 4 you fight some bum while a giant wanks in the background
How is this not a massive step down?

I would rather have the filler at least it hides the load and maybe there might be something cool to look at. It’s definitely better than hey we gotta get to the mountain (loading screen) well here we are at the mountain

Well they might just pull a Baldur again and make you fight Thor several times.

Let's not romanticize the past. Those "giants" were just giant quick time events.

Its gonna happen. Thor is too big for a one-off fight.

>It’s definitely better than hey we gotta get to the mountain (loading screen) well here we are at the mountain
But that happens anyway, except you have to go through the blue loading interdimensional area. I could've had a nice little wank in that time

GAME OF THE YEAR!
STAY MAD

If you don't think God of War has enough enemy variety you should play Yakuza. Yakuza games have big guys and small guys.

Attached: 1559410309131.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>raising another man's mixed race son
Yeah, you haven't played the game.

Yakuza has much more than just combat. GoW has literal baby tier puzzles and that's it. Half of those puzzles are literally
>lmao just look around the area until you find a shiny thing
I mean is that even a puzzle or just a waste of my time

It's your own fault since you already decided to reject it from the very beginning. You made up your mind on day 1. Try to be more open-minded and less pessimistic and you might enjoy things more often

Well he is mixed race. And to be honest I'm not entirely convinced Kratos had sex with that woman. It seems like there will be another twist in regards to their relationship, it hasn't really been explored so far.

Don't you know that Yakuza also has tigers?

Attached: tigers.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

he literally has Kratos's Spartan Rage you retard

Did you enjoy going through the hub islands THREE times? Even more if you want to unlock everything. Serious why is everyone ignoring this massive flaw.

>mixed race
So is kratos. Human + God + Nigger

Only Kronos was Hades and Poseidon were actual bosses that just finished with QTE’s

Yeah, you haven't played the game.

Damn the kid is a total mutt at this point

Look at how their fights progressed though. You just sat in a spot and waited for the QTE prompt to come up. Waiting to fight Poseidon's horse water crab things, or waiting for Cronos to see you on his arm. It didn't have the kind of freedom you'd expect from fighting a giant boss. It could've learned alot from Shadow of the collossus.

Hades was a bit better, but he was really formulaic.

The giants blood is strong. He is 80% white and 20% ginger.

>Kratos used to be unique
>now he's just woke dad #51, buffed edition
Sad. If anything it's Baldur who's more like old Kratos. Which is of course supposed to be pottery but in reality it just points out how boring Kratos is now

what the fuck happened to Yea Forums now shilling for journalist approved movie games with water down gameplay

snoy shill will defend this garbage

I figured out how to make Yea Forums like God of War.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

>next game takes place in Florida

>You don't blindly agree with my opinions?? Wow Yea Forums is garbage wtf happened bros
Fuck off

rent free

HE'S IN PSASBR2

>dad #51
He is still unique. Which of the other 50 dads have his backstory as a God killer?

Not hard when you bust the door down with spam

>Kratos used to be unique
Yeah, uniquely garbage. He was basically throwing a giant temper tantrum because of his daddy issues.

>wahhh I made a deal with a god and didn't think of the implications, now I'm gonna violently murder everyone

Like wtf did he expect? He knowingly lives in an accurate representation of greek mythology, where the gods aren't disney-fied. What did he expect to happen? I swear, the whole series is filled with single digit IQ plot points.

he's talking about yakuza 6 you brainlet

Baldur should have been the new protagonist instead of bringing back Kratos and completely changing his character

Pretty much accurate. Sacrifice gameplay for cinematics, institute popular AAA mechanics like crafting, non-linearity regardless of whether they're quality additions to the series, abundance of walk + talk "not cutscenes." Not really any politics, though.

God of War 2 is the best action game ever made.

Attached: 1359485639494.jpg (529x399, 26K)

>backstory
Yeah but that's not from Gow4, that's from gow 1-3. Gow4 is doing its best to erase that backstory. Honestly when he got the blades and Athena appeared I went full onions, I was jizzing my pants. But then the game forgot about it in like half an hour, I don't think this nu-trilogy will ever care about the backstory. If the entire game was like that segment when he got the blades, now that would be a good game.

The worst part this... the story isn't even that great, and for the most part all the praise the story gets is from people who never cared or played the previous games so the new story makes almost no sense, there's no impact or anything.
All the key moments of story lean on the old games, Kratos facing ghost Zeus, tell or not Atreus if you're a God, the blades, Athena and Kratos choice in the end, I can't even imagine the perspective of someone who never played the old games and like nuGoW

This is a GoW thread. Time for you to leave.

Not liking Kratos has to be one of the biggest bandwagon, low IQ opinions out there. His anger and revenge story is genuinely theologically deep and touching.

I still prefer them to anything in the new game because of their great designs, sense of scale, and satisfying finishers

its a good game indeed, but its the shittiest gow entry ever released
>no gore (unforgiveable for a gow)
>no blood (seems like playing a pg13 game)
>lame boss fights
>cloned level bosses
>no nudity
>no sex minigames
>caretaking this edgy annoying kid the whole fucking game
>slower pace and storytelling
>slower combat

Fucking kill yourself you subhuman Nintranny, you’ll NEVER be a woman.

>sacrifice gameplay for cinematics
want to know how I know you haven't played the game

Based GOW2 chad

>Gow4 is doing its best to erase that backstory
Completely wrong the whole game revolves around kratos past. No clue how you can miss the point of the story.

For someone who never played the old games the fact that he's a god must've been an epic twist, just like in game of thrones. Normies love that shit. Hell they praised the Loki "twist" even though that has literally no bearing on the story of the game at all, changes nothing.

Pokémon unironically

I enjoyed the combat enough that I didn't care

Attached: God of War_20190120104639.webm (768x432, 2.99M)

>his revenge story is touching and deep
Yeah, him murdering thousands of innocents and destroying all of civilization is really heartwarming. Especially when it's confirmed that his wife and child are happily living in the greek afterlife, you'd think he'd stop being so pissy. I'm still angry at how he just tossed aside Hephaestus.

>dude don't kill my daughter
>up yours she's gonna die
>yeah will imma kill you
>no i'm gonna kill you!

Kratos among all people should know what happens when you tell a man that you're gonna kill his child.

Everyone look and laugh

Remember when the boy got mad and shot Kratos and Kratos said they'll talk about it later but then they never did and pretended everything's fine after the fight was over? He was a good friend

I think the worst part of of the game is that he is strong enough to lift gigantic stones but struggles with the smaller stuff every time.

>the combat
Yeah but what does that have to do with rowing from one island to another three times. Are sony cultists like ninty cultists now? Can't even admit that their games have flaws?

nuGoW is one of those games that I liked when came out but as the time went on I hate more everyday, I dunno why

Attached: 1567019621398m.jpg (847x1024, 85K)

>I dunno why
because you are a bandwagoner

You probably spent too much time on Yea Forums surrounded by Nincel schizos.

>God of War 2 is the best action game ever made.
Old Gow was just a dmc clone with edge Ngb dmc3 and bayo are way better

Because you’re not blinded by hype and had time to play the other games again and realize how much better they were

why are you blatantly lying? We know you didn't play the game

Atreus is my sonfu

ITT

Attached: straw_man[1].jpg (640x480, 136K)

Yakuza 0

Not really, I think it's because I played the old games right after and I remember what made them fan and somewhat unique, nuGoW is just a collection of mechanics of what is trending right now as OP said

>>caretaking this edgy annoying kid the whole fucking game
Not the whole game

Why does a game like Yakuza 6, with worse combat, more cutscenes, and more cuckoldry not represent "everything wrong with gaming" but God of War does?

>dmc clone
Sweetie Bayo may be DMC clone but GoW isn't, it has a different approach to combat. DMC and Bayo are all about stringing combos and fighting foes who are somewhat equal to you. GoW is all about crowd control, about keep the small fries away from you while pounding the big guys. It's a different kind of game. The only game that has the same approach is Dantes Inferno which is frankly a great game

is true tough

GoW fans are yet to explain to me why going through the same islands 3 times is good. Also explain to me how elves aren't annoying cunts.

>>Kratos is soft and there is little to no gore or nothing even remotely offensive despite him being pretty much the most angry and violent person in history who has murdered dozens of Gods and innocent people

this is the main reason as to why I avoided the new God of War.

as for a game that defines everything wrong with gaming, I am going to have to say FF15 and see the pic as to why

Attached: 1541773842743.png (781x204, 19K)

This is not your blog retard. No one give a fuck what you thought about a game. Kill yourself.

>its all cinematic bullshit
hilariously enough there isnt a single cinematic cutscene in that webm, its literally all gameplay, thats how good it looks and feels to play

>Looter shooter upgrade
>No random weapons
>Upgrades you get are either bought from a vendor or a quest reward

Attached: 1494128674246.jpg (555x475, 98K)

>muh lore and writing was weak
this is how you know it was a great game, when fags can only cry about the writing

>Dantes Inferno
Opinion discarded you honestly think devil may cry didn’t have a huge influence on Gow. Sorry but Ninja gaiden black is the greatest and probably always will be Gow2 isn’t even in the top 5

Shut the fuck up

Attached: 1559396003485.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

>FF15
While it may be shit on paper, I absolutely loved it because I absolutely loved the characters and the world and couldn't get enough of it. I consumed every bit of FF15 media and played the game for an insane amount of hours just because I wanted to stay in that world. And for Final Fantasy I'd say that's exactly what you want to achieve. Stop clinging to your notions of what an RPG should be, FF abandoned that genre a while ago if you paid any attention.

Not everyone would say it's an objective flaw, it allows for better world design all in one map and is a good way to connect the multiple areas in the game like an overworld. They have story dialog during the travelling parts and give you the fast-travel gateways later on anyway.

also
>color codeded enemies from DmC
yikes

Attached: 1564784291687.jpg (720x960, 197K)

>Stop clinging to your notions of what an RPG should be, FF abandoned that genre a while ago if you paid any attention.

It wasn't even a good Action RPG because of the one button casual pandering combat:
novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Retard

>FF15
>cash grab DLC
In what way? Each DLC has amazing production values and entirely new mechanics. Some go so far they switch to an entirely different genre. 15 DLC is an example of must play DLC

Man I hate this shit. Or Destiny's "You can get an upgrade for doing a daily, otherwise don't even bother playing."
What is so awful about a Diablo style approach?

>He's not violent :(
Yes, because he ended the entire Greek world and realized that it didn't end up working. It's almost like he developed and learned from his actions and that the journey he takes with his son is one about teaching him this lesson

gutting the story and then selling it back to the player

>spam one attack over and over and over
yeah real great combat LMFAO

>one button casual pandering combat
12 already was a zero button combat so, again, pay attention. FF is just about the story and the world and the character and personally I loved all that but I understand that it's a personal preference.

Then you'd like GoW because it doesn't have that. The OP lied.

Fair enough, I only played the complete edition so for me it felt perfectly fine. I see how people who played on launch would be upset

>FF is just about the story and the world and the character

and 15 had that shit locked behind DLCs and a novel

Because it's from Japan and Yea Forums is literally full of retarded children who have no ability to think critically

300gb on ssd and it takes 24h to install basically hell is my prediction

t. nintard

Which is all included in the PC release... As for a novel, that's FFX novel level fanfiction and thank god it wasn't made into a DLC. Absolute retardation.

Yeah Kratos should have whooped his ass for shooting him

>looter shooter upgrade system,
what

They bring it up when you row by the dragon Baldur rode on.

This melee auto aim bullshit has to stop.

Attached: NuGoW Auto aim.webm (960x540, 389K)

That isn't auto aim. That is magnetism.
Not all attacks have magnetism in the game.

>the yakuza gook is still shitposting
you'd think after posting almost a dozen painfully boring gameplay webm's you'd go back to fapping to 2d girls again faggot

>That isn't auto aim. That is magnetism.
Same thing.
>Not all attacks have magnetism in the game.
Yes they do.

Attached: NuGoWSlide.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

The fact that Astral Chain and Gears 5 makes you niggers seethe just makes me happier, didn't think Nintendo and Microsoft would brake you Euro niggers so hard.

samefag

dilate

try harder with those meme names on webms. You have him targeted.

Yakuza
Asura’s Wrath
MGS

Why do so many people complain about long cutscenes and intros? Tons of great games are filled with them, and literally every single jRPG has incredibly long sections of nothing but talking/exposition.

I think GoW had a lot of problems, but those definitely aren't on my list.

Attached: 8698769869.png (1233x1127, 1.04M)

>painfully boring gameplay webm's
shut the fuck up yakuza combat is god tier

Attached: 1559400108525.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

Targeting or not doesn't matter, nor should it.

Attached: NuGoWGlide.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

>cinematic garbage
my thoughs exactly.
This game is OVERLY cinematic. fuck that. i hate walking simulator movies - games.

>Same thing.
no
>Yes they do.
Nope. In that webm you are locked on to the target. So that means Bloodborne also has auto aim i take it?

Because it was an extremely successful exclusive. Apparently these retards don't realize you can skip cutscenes if you don't like them.

>So that means Bloodborne also has auto aim i take it?
Bloodborne doesn't slide the player across the ground, lock on or not. NuGoW does slide the player regardless of lock on.

>bellend whitoid
Speak human language, animal. You sound like videogame journalist.

That is magnetism not auto aim. And again it doesn't happen with every attack.

no one is going to play witcher or dmc you mentally ill freak. Button spam is just mindless trash.

"magnetism" is just auto aim for melee attacks. It's a pointless distinction.
>And again it doesn't happen with every attack
Proofs?

>button mashing attacks endlessly
the enemies dont even attack back. how can you call combat you can play literally blindfolded "god tier" ?

Attached: 33333333333333.jpg (750x470, 288K)

Why does it matter so much? The game is still hard as shit on the hardest difficulty. In every other action game you just use distance-closer moves to automatically get in range of enemies anyway, so it's not like spacing was ever some important thing in this genre like it is in Dark Souls.

Well, these games are always aimed at trannies. As long as they enjoy them...

>he thinks his westernshit games are superior
I almost feel sorry for retards like you.
Yakuza is a japanese game series and none of the shit you like will ever even come close in terms of combat.

>Yakuza 6, with worse combat
your fucking full of shit

this has to be bait lol you didnt offer one piece of actual support for your argument

Attached: 1517534383558.png (734x590, 344K)

Then you shouldn't play BoTW.

I can't take out of my mind the mirrowed image in OP in which Kratos looks like a cuck with two sons lol

>combat
>enemies cant even attack back
combat means a fight, meaning the enemy must be capable of attacking back you stone level IQ retard
stop shilling yakuza you subhuman seamonkey, no one cares about your non existent combat shitshow

Yakuza games have sub-batman level combat that idiots like just because it all ends with a kewl cutscene. GoW combat isn't amazing but it at least has the player doing something.

i keep clicking but the picture stays highlighted

>doesn't even try deny 6 has more cutscenes and literal cuckoldry
lol
you're wrong about the combat btw

>>Kratos is soft and there is little to no gore or nothing even remotely offensive despite him being pretty much the most angry and violent person in history who has murdered dozens of Gods and innocent people

Kratos already took his vengeance. Why would he be angry?

>A lot of great ideas
like what?

God I can’t believe you’re making me defend a fucking playstation game, you goddamn mong. Kratos isn’t “soft”, hell half of he game he treats his son like absolute shit because he thinks he’s being a naive pussy. But yes, Kratos does calm down over the course of the game BECAUSE THATS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE STORY. Kratos’s rage was always his gift and his curse, as was the point in the earlier games, and this new entry represents his growth beyond mindless rage monster into a more tempered father for his son. Especially because his son begins to show similar signs of unkempt rage that concerns Kratos that he too will go down the same path filled with tragedy and loss that Kratos did as a result of his rage.

>Bloodborne doesn't slide the player across the ground
In BB you take a step or two forward whenever you attack, further depending on the move (like the saif R1). Doing that while locked on is functionally the same thing as GOW's sliding into targeted / centered enemies, except how far you move in GOW is variable depending on the attack and the distance to the enemy. They just didn't make enough animations for Kratos stepping into range as he attacks, so he slides in some of them

Attached: whiff.webm (768x432, 3M)

Bloodborne moves have a set distance, locking on only changes the direction the character will be facing. In NuGoW the distance required to automatically slide across the ground is unclear, making the combat more clunky and automated.

doesn't mean he is wrong desu

GoW4 has a lot of problems, some more severe than others, let's take a second to appreciate its good qualities.

>no microtransactions
>no on-disk DLC
>no cut content sold as post-launch DLC
>no game-altering preorder bonuses
>no forced political agendas present
>no hamfisted allegory to modern politics or social issues
>no tacked-on multiplayer

You get what you pay for when you buy it, which is rare these days. All of the above should be common sense game design choices, but I think it's important to notice when AAA games actually do something right. Shame the devs fell for the crafting/RPG meme though.

Played through it 3 times
Played through Bloodborne twice
Playing Spiderman for a second time
Played Horizon for over 140 hours
Played through Infamous Second Son 3 times
Played Last of Us 4 times
Play Gran Turismo almost daily
Played Yakuza 0, 1, 2 and now 3 and will play 4, 5 and 6
Played Shadow of the Colossus 3 times
Played The Order twice
Played Uncharted 1-4 each at least 3 times each.

I've also played most 3rd party games and I will be playing Days Gone, TLoU 2, Ghost of Tsushima and of course Death Stranding. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy your shitposting.

I played it until I got the chains back before dropping it. I even bought a special edition ps4pro just for that game. The new combat is just simply worse than the old combat. It went from an above average character action game with a great bestiary to an average brawler with a garbage bestiary. Horrible downhill slope in combat, and all in the name of "muh single shot"

I thought the writing was pretty excellent and the combat was fun. The poor balancing threw everything out of whack, though. After you get the blades of chaos there's no reason to use bare fists at all and overall maybe half of the abilities and upgrades are useful. Plus all the bosses are pretty bad except the final one which is average in gameplay but has A+ spectacle.

Yes it is more automated, but I'd say they are equally clunky with how you constantly have to balance between locking-on (and to who) with free-cam in BB. But still, GOW is much more of an action game and it consistently throws far more enemies at you at once than Bloodborne does. In BB, you usually kinda creep through an area goading out targets and backstabbing strong enemies. Fights don't get much bigger than in this webm. GOW is all pre-set combat encounters that are like relentless battles.

Attached: Old Yharnam.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

I honestly just pity you, god damn. Could have had taste and spent that time playing better games instead.

yakuza

>Played through Infamous Second Son 3 times
>Played Yakuza 0, 1, 2 and now 3 and will play 4, 5 and 6
How badly does someone's life have to be going to justify pissing it all away like this?

>playing better games instead.
What dwarf fortress and csgo maybe some genital jousting this place is notorious for it’s shit taste so I’ll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Every Final Fantasy ever made.

>Yakuza 0, 1, 2 and now 3 and will play 4, 5 and 6

Wow we've got quite the cinephile here

Twilight Princess

Because no one cares about stupid nitpicky shit like that.

Based

>politics
What? GOW is one of the few AAA with no politics at all. Protagonist is masculine man with his biological son, when all other games are father/father-figure and daughter/daughter figure. Antagonist is mommy issues male and his mom who smothered him as a child and made him who is currently is.

but Yea Forums said...

What great ideas, user? Game was just straight up shit.

>zooms in like steven seagal

Attached: kkgs.gif (245x200, 497K)

I hate GoW because its success means we’re never going to get a game with the soul, soundtrack and combat of GoW2 ever again

I liked the game, but it does a lot of things I wasn't a fan of
>Game was still easy even on the hardest difficulty
>RPG elements were poorly implemented
>Camera was way too close
>Lack of great boss fights with the final fight being one of the worst
>Too many slow walking scenes

I miss his old voice

>but its the shittiest gow entry ever released
Fuck no, Ascension will always be the worst

>soul
>combat
>God of War at any point
Imagine that, millenials actuyally post on Yea Forums. God of War was THE button-mash QTE game that most people rented for the novelty titties and never finished because it was never worth it. This isn't a case of "but they made it worse". It's literally the same as it has always been. Only people who think otherwise are retards who play 1-2 action games and think they know everything about the genre from that alone.

Agreed with those, but I'd also like to add that they somehow made climbing even worse than the first game. There is literally no gameplay involved, just holding a direction with no risk or consequences. Also, there were some puzzles that just didn't make sense for Kratos to be doing, and simply existed to pad out areas.

I actually didn't even play the game on launch because I was unimpressed with the marketing, but a friend loaned it to me and despite going into it trying to hate it, I ended up liking it quite a bit. Far from perfect, yes, but mostly enjoyable nonetheless. Probably the most simultaneously underrated and overrated game I've played in a while.

Attached: 35fa4c14e4196db333ce701c5c12a112.jpg (900x1200, 133K)

Dwarf fortress and cs:go sounds like a fucking great time

No, this is one of those things boomers were always wrong about. At least the autistic ones like you. Try beating God of War 2 on Titan difficulty and see if button mashing and QTEs will do you any good.

Haven't played GOW but felt that way about RDR2. Walkie talkie generic tps story over gameplay "games" need to die.

Boomer here. The "God of War is just a mash square to win game" argument is just a meme people shat out in GoW vs DMC troll threads. GoW is just historically a different type of action game that focuses less on stylish combos and more on crowd management and evasive maneuvers.