youtube.com/watch?v=XOthHLPf928
youtube.com/watch?v=iWq5tF3GueY
youtube.com/watch?v=sf33uTDD5HU
youtube.com/watch?v=O5LW511_ngU
youtube.com/watch?v=o46Rbcej5KU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

have a bump OP, also interested

serious samuel

quake: arcane dimensions (this one is the best)
duke nukem 3d
blood
amid evil

Frank Frank

Attached: 1559944711600.png (511x517, 31K)

Dusk
Suffer
Project Downfall
youtube.com/watch?v=XOthHLPf928
youtube.com/watch?v=iWq5tF3GueY

Quake
Quake 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Unreal
Unreal 2
Power Slave

Not favorite but Dusk out of recent once. Obvious Blood, Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3d and Quake 2 if you haven't played any. F.E.A.R. and first Crysis are okay too. Far Cry: Blood Dragon is slightly less shit than you would expect. Painkiller but it didn't age well.

Shooters are not high test, theyve always been games for shutins who want to hurt others but are too pussy in real life.
Fighting games and card games a high test

youtube.com/watch?v=sf33uTDD5HU

DOUK

Attached: i'm lookin good.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

>high test shooters
Is anything more high test than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=O5LW511_ngU

Seconding Quake 1

try devil daggers

What's the appeal of completely vanilla classic Doom in 2019?
Serious question.

google it

- 640x480 goodness
- no mouselook

>- 640x480 goodness
It's not good unless you have a CRT
>no mouselook
WHAT'S THE APPEAL

amid evil fucking sucks
>high contrast everything coupled with nintendo fog makes shit hard to see at distances
>enemies straight out of STRAFE dont make a fucking sound once theyve started moving but will shit on you from behind
>water physics make you literally get stuck on edges and take hits for no reason when youre trying to jump out
>weapons have no JUICE or OOMPH to them and are visually boring as fuck
>soul mode is more like MEME mode and depletes your ammo faster but doesn't say its going to do that
>a literal planet throwing weapon that serves as the rocket launcher with the most boring fucking approach to it
>that sloppy ass mario 1 air control
>looks like a fucking unity store android app game
>boring music
>boring enemies literally just suit of armor but x
>boring bosses just giant version of x
>THAT FUCKING SHIT ASS AIR CONTROL
>battle axe sounds like someone banging on a garbage can
>stupid door interactions based on proximity and sometimes the big doors glitch out because you move in a specific way to trigger one half of it
jesus fucking christ amid evil sucks.

Now DUSK on the other hand... hot damn go play that instead.

>weapons have no juice or OOMPH
the celestial claw would like to fuck you in the ass, faggot

Agreed but fuck Dusk too.

shit i fucking hate amid evil i almost forgot
>no pro doom movement bhop shenanigans or diagonal movement for accelerated velocity
just walk forward bro how the fuck do you fuck this up god damn i hate amid evil

fuck celestial claw i dropped that piece of shit after the first boss died on EVIL mode in 8 seconds without doing anything interesting at all. That game had a lot of time to actually git gud and all I got was the most slop-ass university unity-asset-flip looking game i've played this week. Fuck you and fuck that game and go suck off a shotgun.

And you suck off the other barrel of said shotgun.

quake
doom 64
unreal
f.e.a.r.
hexen
heretic
ion fury
dusk
amid evil
serious sam
i thought it was pretty universally agreed that unreal 2 sucks?

Is the original really high test? All I see is a bunch of boring flat pixels and shit. It’s cool for it’s time I guess.

Blood
Dusk
Postal 2

fuck you ion fury sucks too it starts off GODDAMN MAGNIFICENT but then
>THE SEWERS
>THE SEWERS
>THE SEWERS
where the fuck is my rocket launcher you stupid bitch
oh whoops the quarterback's toast

this. the voltstride and the star of torment are also godly.

Fake nostalgia.

voltstride is fucking gay
>its a tazer but lol u can make a guy pop and it fries other guys
too bad its boring as shit to use, no crackles no pops just pewpewpew bullshit. its like they made the basic prototypes of the weapons but then completely forgot that you're supposed to polish them afterward. GOd fucking damn i hate amid evil.

Post high test ps4 games, my pc is broken

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam, if you're looking for multiplayer.
It's semi realistic, somewhere between Battlefield and Arma 3.
You work in squads with squad leaders and each team has 1 team commander. So you have to strategize and work together in order to be effect. Gun play is semi realistic, but not to the point that it takes forever to learn.

Attached: 1507300787888.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

There's so many more amazing levels than sewer levels, though.
>not wrecking shit with the grenade launcher
maybe it is you who sucks

fuck you nigger i used the grenade launcher that shit and the shotgun was lit esp since you can quick switch between them. that was the bread and butter for me. I'm bitching about no rocket launcher because rocket launcher is a goddamn STAPLE that needed to be in there.
Games like these need a few specific weapons:
>an assault weapon
>a Satisfying shotgun
>a rocket launcher
>a particle effect super flashy weapon
>a HOLY SHIT! weapon
>a skillshot weapon (like the UT flak cannon or ion fury's grenade launcher)

I never felt like there was a weapon that gave me the same vibes as the BFG in ion fury. The clusterpuck was a piece of shit. DUSK's take on that for me was the hunting rifle - that shit just ended anything you shot at.

Brutal Doom is great, but its ruined by the final boss' attacks having an area effect splash with more than one zip code. That shit was annoying as fuck.

>wtf why isn't he conforming to group think???

>hexen
Please no. I didn't dislike it, but the constant backtracking and boring ass puzzles are far from high test.

>suck off barrels
Dusk dev's favorite activity.

Try project brutality

Are there skittles bursting at the seams?

amid evil is complete trash. I don't get how it is memed so much as a good FPS. it looks and plays like a unity asset flip

Not him but Hexen is good at what it does. If you don't like backtracking that's fine but that doesn't stop Hexen from being excellent.

what unity game looks as good as amid evil?

We get it, you don't like Amid Evil but you don't need to samefag about it.

You can still use the mouse to turn while using the keyboard to strafe, so at least there's that

are you blind?

Is this competing with Doom Eternal to see who can have the most obnoxious hud ever?

Attached: HEXEN42.png (1600x1200, 51K)

Bro thats hilarious but I'm only the first two posts. Stay mad.

Are you able to provide examples of your claim?

>diagonal movement for accelerated velocity
why are you acting like a bug is a good thing

Amid Evil looks awful. It looks like a graphics card box from the 2000s. If you think it doesn't look bad you have no ability to discern the quality of artwork

Because it's become a feature of the genre and feels off without it. But i can understand if you like your slow unity mario-likes because youre a fucking cumguzzling sissy.

Examples.

>feel like replaying nu-doom
>suddenly 70 GB
What the fuck
When?

Type "Amid Evil" into Google image search

im currently working on something, would really love it to be fast paced hotline miami style shooter, with bugs or some form of enemy. Any advice on generating the interest of ppl who like these kinds of games? my bad if u meant only doom style games, i always saw hotline miami as the same type of game with a different art style

Attached: spiderdoom1.png (2560x1080, 213K)

It's not a feature, it's a bug

>It looks like a graphics card box from the 2000s
That actually sounds great, gonna check it out. Maybe you should just stick with your Ubishit?

Hotline Miami is more like a tactical puzzle game. You rarely improvise and build a strategy through trial-and-error. Doom type games are much more forgiving and based around level exploration. Also your graphics suck

I guess some people will always like eating shit

Your brain is bugged.

Attached: D-ko50cW4AYh-Dm.jpg (1200x675, 211K)

Having just finished played through Doom on UV again, I feel that things like Brutal Doom are just fucking up perfection.

youtube.com/watch?v=o46Rbcej5KU

Attached: 1555919218644.jpg (5000x5000, 3.27M)

And there's your answer

ah i see thats true, doom does have lots of secrets and space while hm doesnt. im just learning to program so theyre just mock ups for the screen. a lot better than just red squares ha

the only high test shooters are perma loss shooters like hunt and tarkov. Everything else is just casual as fuck hand holding memery.

Brutal Doom is probably more tuned than Vanilla Doom if you aren't playing a slaughter map
in Doom 1 the enemies suck, in Doom 2 the levels suck

Not Unreal 2, that game was complete SHIT.

You sure do. I enjoyed it though, more so than Dusk desu.

fallout 3
lol

Blood

Attached: Cultist-model.jpg (124x191, 5K)

I understand. Different tastes are perfectly fine. I'm still happy you participated in the thread.

Now when the fuck are we gonna get a whole buncha metroidvanias to drop back to back, and not no stupid fucking faglike "MUH PROC GEN" shovelware?

I unironically like the way Amid Evil looks.

soldier of fortune 1

>card games a high test
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1566984723367.jpg (206x196, 14K)

>t. vaseline smeared cuck posting from xer shed

doom 64
duke nukem 3d
shadow warrior
blood
quake
dark forces
half life
marathon trilogy
soldier of fortune
unreal 98
soldier of fortune 2
rtcw
moh aa
cod uo
perfect dark
timesplitter 2
timesplitters fp
avp 2
serious sam
painkiller
postal 2

amid evil
>enemies look like shit and have no mechanics worth a shit
>weapons look and feel like shit
>movement is shit
>game is shit
world design was sort of okay but overall it's a shit game. the biggest crime is how awfully shit the weapons are

YUHHH

this right here is the best multiplayer shooter ive ever played

Did the devs wrong you in some way?

WOOD >>>> DOOM

Uh, so is this thread about high test shooters or is it an Amid Evil hate thread?

>those gameplay trailers
talk about visual pixel vomit

Attached: 1553776594271.png (480x480, 91K)

Yes.

Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Shadow Warrior (1997)
Redneck Rampage
Redneck Rampage - Suckin' Grits On Route 66
Redneck Rampage Rides Again
Quake
Quake II
Unreal
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil
Rise of the Triad (1994)
Kingpin - Life of Crime
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
Aliens versus Predator 2
Soldier of Fortune
Soldier of Fortune II

The best level design in FPS history. The best fundamental gameplay mechanics of any FPS except maybe Quake 1. The best enemy roster of any FPS.

I miss Hexen. Seems like it would be a badass thing to revive as an action rpg world. Emphasis on action.

Attached: Hexen.gif (500x373, 937K)

I loved Hexen. I couldn't get into Hexen 2, sadly. It just didn't click.

Because Hexen 2 is a downgrade from 1 in every way.

>weapons have no JUICE or OOMPH to them and are visually boring as fuck
I didn't hate the game, but this is definitely true. The weapons just weren't very satisfying to use. Including Earth as one of the planets the Celestial Claw can conjure up was kind of a funny easter egg, I guess.

Attached: earth.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

hell yeah video games

I love watching webms of people playing build games that are actually good at them. I got blood a few months ago and love it but good lord am I bad at it. I should just bite the bullet and lower the difficulty.

This. Except for the word 'maybe'.