Dead, absent look in his eyes

>dead, absent look in his eyes
>knowledge of banjo seems to come from wikipedia
>"yeah i dunno what this move is called"
>long, aimless tangents about random shit

He did a good job with the character, but that whole time the message I took was "I dunno who this fucking bear is or why you want him, but you can stop asking now."

Attached: sakuraibanjo.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QJqoni_HI&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=h-PxmYbW-2c
youtube.com/watch?v=ygr67F5lSwY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're deluded if you think sakurai didn't have this moveset planned since melee.

well now you know how i deel when smashfags talk about hero

Totally, bro.

He's completely exhausted and delirious. Look at those bags under his eyes.

This is inhuman. He needs to retire.

Like a retard?

It's the LGBTQNBGFFMADLA+A pick, let them have their shitty character.

it's a boomer pick
basically the complete opposite

He probably wants to use creativity to try new projects, but Nintendo is forcing him to monetize a single game to exhaustion. He even said that the harder he works, the farther the finish line is from him, and this is not a message you give to your fans, but to your boss.

The only "boomers" I know that care about that character are complete degenerates. You can see how every thread about banjo devolves into furfaggotry.

He wants to put as many characters in this game as he can. I think that's pretty neat. Let him do it, because it really is unlikely we'll see a game with this many characters again.

He was planed to be in smash since the nes era and banjo was his choice to be the protagonist, source? my uncle is his plumber

Please fuck off you dumb memeing retards.

he was either high off his tits or hes really really passionate about what he does so he goes off on game related tangents

I got worried when they announced there would be more DLC. I hope Sakurai stays healthy.

If he did, Banjo would have been in Brawl or Smash 4.
It was already clear that Microsoft was ok with their IPs being on different systems, even early one since Banjo&Kazooie got GBA games and Halo was going to get a DS game.

Thread on first page Before it reached 10 posts someone started with their degeneracy.

I like the part where he tells JP people to buy an xbox
Id be funny to see next week bone sales in Japan they might quadruple

Terry is Sakurai's true fave.

Attached: 1567703767754.jpg (308x564, 65K)

Quadruple of nothing is still nothing.

Attached: tumblr_ofhd0kMJID1shcgy0o1_640.jpg (634x512, 67K)

Why should he care?

You're wrong on both counts. Microsoft was okay putting their IP on the DS because they weren't in competition with a handheld. Halo was never getting a DS port, it was just a mod for 007 that never went further then one map because it got shot down completely. Also helps to keep in mind that when both of these things happened, xbox division was under a different lead.

tl;dr you're a dumb fag who is wrong.

Japanese don't care too much about Western games with the exceptions of a few breakout hits like Undertale, which itself is heavily inspired by Japnese games.

It was a pretty obvious “western” pick. The other 3 characters have been pure Sakurai bias, whether you like them or not.

I think Minecraft might be the most popular western game in Japan ever

>1
why is it so funny

Attached: 1566979866969.jpg (476x399, 69K)

He still had the final say on whether he was in or not, so if he isn't that enthusiastic, he could have simply rejected him and that's it.
Also he and his crew were all laughing during the video while presenting him

yeah I think he's in

Are people sure that sakurai didn't mean that the other remaining DLC fighters (terry and fighter 5) are in development? Or did I miss something?

They are making a fighter pass 2, other 5 characters.

there was specifically an asterisk that they were referring to fighters not included in the season pass

Source?

He seemed more excited talking about hanging out with Chad Fox and playing Smash with him than any of the Banjo stuff.

Yesterday's Nintendo direct?

Sakurai likes Minecraft more and wanted to add Steve

Bullshit I watched it.
He said the other fighters are in development.
As in the remaining ones.
Unless I missed somehow.

You are the only retard claiming that, everyone else understood completely.

Are you fucking dense?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0QJqoni_HI&t=28s

the narrator said OUTSIDE THE FIVE FIGHTERS IN THE FIGHTER PASS

also read the fine print

Attached: Screenshot (158).png (1920x1080, 618K)

OP, you are a sad soul

He was planned to be in when Nintendo was still making hanafuda cards.

He just looks exhausted.

Absolute delusion.
He literally even managed to put banjo kazooies opening in the fucking stage

Is sakurai trans?

What did he say that about? Besides Breegull Bash, which was called something completely different and non-analogous in his native Japanese?

Don Mattrick would have never allowed Banjo in Smash

The translator probably had to make shit up, there's no way Sakurai wasn't roasting the shit out of gaijins for there to be so much laughter in the background.

Paraphrasing but "Banjo's side-smash is called Harisen Kazooie. I had to look up what it was called in English, because Harisen isn't really translatable out of Japanese. It's called Breegul Bash, I guess that's the type of bird Kazooie is?"

And then he didn't acknowledge that Breegul wasn't a real species of bird so he probably thinks we live in fear of giant red birds over here

Will they ever let Sakurai rest?
Which character do you think he’s going die while making?

>not fearing the breegul
don't have children because they will get stolen by a breegul

BK feel like the character that only got in because the fanbase wanted them, as though if it weren't for that Sakurai would never even consider them because he doesn't give as hit.

Contrast with Terry, who Sakurai clearly loves and put in the game because he wanted him, but most of the fanbase doesn't give a shit about him.

He called everyone a sad soul and k ow bottles dies, I am sure he deserves more credit than that.

Sakurai will die when Satan lets him die, it’s part of their deal Sakurai has to make Smash as long as he lives in exchange for eternal youth. He just didn’t realize how long that would be.

He had to and I feel like it was due to two reasons. The first was clearly because they didn't want to look like ungrateful fucks. And the second because fans were expecting the games to be ported to the Switch and that ain't happening from the looks of it

>Tooty is the saddest of the souls
What'd he mean by this?

Yeah people used to meme Stan Lee the same way. Please just shut the fuck up.

Sakurai had said that these character demonstrations were basically recorded in one take and without much editing. Obviously he’s going to flub some stuff or go off-script.

Now i want Steve from Minecraft and TWO songs of C418, one remix and one original

Hes getting more causal with each one

>Sakamoto thought it would be funny to remix Klungo
>Nobody bothered to remix Gruntilda

Attached: 1537650432039.jpg (2824x2721, 770K)

>Sakamoto
didnt samurai say grant did the remixes? he said he was worried about miscommunications but grant knocked it out of the park

Grant only did Spiral Mountain. Yoko Shimomura did Treasure Trove Cove, Katamari Damacy guy did Gobi's Valley, I can't remember who did the others.

Attached: 1560557046648.png (900x900, 386K)

Why hasn't anyone uploaded the new Banjo render's

I want to see that 10/10 Grunty render

Banjo's eyes are so big that they bother me for some reason

>Gruntilda's spirit fight chose Dedede

>Dedede

>Not K Rool, or Bayonetta

Attached: nama.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Why does Japan overwork their population so much? What's the point of living life if you have to spend most of it being miserable?

the danganronpa composer did the Title Theme

S-SEE BANJOKE SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED SEE LOOK LOOK AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: AAF1ECF0-9949-4F8F-8584-01B70A06D621.png (590x456, 288K)

youtube.com/watch?v=h-PxmYbW-2c
>Brand new character
>Stage with cameos
>40 mins of music
>FOR ONLY 5.99 or less with Fighter pass
How? do the employers even get paid?

>He wants to put as many characters in this game as he can.
it doesn't sound like he does. "the harder i work, the further the finish line gets" is not the words of someone who's enthusiastic about making even more smash dlc instead of getting to take a break or work on other projects.

>he didn't acknowledge that Breegul wasn't a real species of bird
Well he makes games, he's not an ornithologist

>Additional DLC fighters will not be included as part of the Fighters Pass and will be sold separately
Why are people memeing a second Fighter pass?, is clearly that these characters will be sold separately, not in a new fighter pass.
If it was a new fighter pass they would say "NEW FIGHTER PASS" or some shit like that.

In the Terry video we'll see him play against his wife and in the 5th character video we see him play in his pyjamas.

I don’t care, I’m just glad he’s in and is a good character to play as.

the next presentation will be a live stream

every time you say "degeneracy," god hands a 16 year old in your neighborhood an AR-15

>as you may remember I mentioned in Heros video that we don't really have the budget for these demonstrations (raffs)

Sakurai does great work but I'm awful sick of the cult of personality stuff. The video made it clear that implementing a character like Banjo doesn't come from his mind alone.

He literally uses an IV bag so that he can work longer. He's the head of SORA, no one's in charge of him capable of stopping him from overworking.

A much smaller team is working on the fighter pass and Ultimate itself already made huge returns by being 60% Smash 4.

>He did a good job with the character
Lolwat? He is reharsh/budged snake at best

>He's the head of SORA, no one's in charge of him capable of stopping him from overworking.
nintendo could have always told him "you've done enough, smash doesn't need any more dlc, go take a well-deserved break."
instead, they're making him overwork even more because they've figured out that their fanbase cares more about smash roster announcements than games.

What the fuck are they going to do for the NEXT smash Bros.

Let's say 2023/4 the next one comes. Sakurai CANT be working on it. It will not have the same number of characters. It's going to be weird.

Reminder that Sakurai is going to be stuck in Smash hell until he dies and even then Nintendo will clone him probably.

he probably wants to keep the promises that he did to Iwata. F
>Sakurai did Brawl because iwata asked him to
>Same for smash 4
>Before he died, he probably asked him to take care of Ultimate too.

Do you honestly think he'd take a break and not start a new project? Nothing can stop Sakurai from overworking, NOTHING.

that only goes to show how based sakuranbo is.

The "poor soul" bit was hysterical. I'm guessing it spawned from him just reading the character's histories. "Oh she got crushed under a rock and then turns into a skeleton? The mole DIES? The man's MUMBO TOKENS WERE STOLEN? Such hardship." They're all sort of grimmer fates than a character would face than in a Mario or Kirby game, so perhaps he was surprised this is the kind of stuff that goes on in cereal mascot bear's game.

Kirby is not a good example user.

The next smash will suck balls unless a genius replaces Sakurai.

It’s the most popular game ever, so duh.

I'm always fascinated by how utterly incompetent the analysis of people's mannerisms and speech are on this board. It's fucking astounding that 10 times out of 10 you get it wrong. You all really are fat shut ins with limited human contact huh...

>Katamari guy turned Gobi's Valley into surfer rock that spontaneously changes to Grunty's Lair and the Fiery Furnace Fun entrance
Fucking

Well the Kirby games Sakurai actually worked on.

banjo kazooie has that sweet british lighthearted nihilism

People are seriously putting way too much thought into this. Japanese people are rarely very expressive, and Sakurai seems like an incredibly tired man. They probably just told him that day that he'd have to make more new DLC fighters, and you can practically feel the exhaustiveness coming from him.

Attached: 1563415537140.jpg (1800x1150, 120K)

Sakurai will announce he's taking Smash to the next level by making an echo fighter out of himself who will take over development duties

You must be a special kind of retard.
Sakurai is japanese, so he knows the japanese names of the moves, not the english ones.
Come on, tell me the japanese names of the fucking moves since you're so smart.

>Japan
>1
Please tell me this is an edit

>UBC Chan is still trying
He’s in. There’s nothing you can do but seethe.

Attached: 2CAF938D-CB2D-44B5-837A-01F7D65A3AFD.jpg (500x396, 22K)

even in victory the banjofag is upset

Grow up, get over it, play your stupid irrelevant character. You finally get him and all you can do is bitch. Go have fun, play fucking video games, christ.

Why are you talking to yourself?

Attached: 9F185AAF-04E0-4B3F-9538-C024AB28DD7C.jpg (320x299, 25K)

This is exactly it. He wants Smash to be the video game crossover to end all video game crossovers that will be remembered till the end of the human race. He wants Ultimate to be his magnum opus.

>people
It’s just that same faggot that kept spamming Sakurias tweets when Hero and Banjo got announced. He literally can’t handle the fact that Banjo is in and is trying desperately to kill hype.

It says that they will be sold separately from the fighters pass. Not that they will be sold individually. Maybe they will, maybe there will be a fighters pass 2. Doesn't really matter, but all that statement confirms is there will be more fighters.

>kill hype
Ha. I'd like to see him try. Especially when people see...THIS

Attached: plush_bree.jpg (1280x720, 322K)

>Doll Kazooie
Okay this is now canon

Attached: EDq3_5aU8AAe3q3[1].jpg (1200x675, 94K)

>what’s wrong Steve, aren’t you happy that I made it in?

It's not necessary either, since all the hype is gone now that everyone knows Banjo is shit.

Cope

Attached: 4B72D31A-1E11-49BF-B1FA-2D2E1F4D4E88.png (586x647, 48K)

>Before he died, he probably asked him to take care of Ultimate too.
This is true if a novel he wrote is anything to go by. I think a tweet from Source Gaming mentioned it.

Holy fuck, this ride will last another ten years and then Sakurai finally retires forever.

Anyone got any spicy takes of Japan reacting to Banjo?
I tried to find some but couldn't find 2chan's videogame board as the main page doesn't translate and I also got distracted by the other shit on the site while searching boards.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygr67F5lSwY

Not really what I wanted man. I want somebody actually writing out their thoughts coherently, not streamers screaming.

he will make millions and no matter how hard you cry or how hard you beg he will always ALWAYS be better than you. You're gonna have a bad time.

I really can't help you on that one. You may have to dig into Fireden's archives and see the threads here. There were a few of them.

>knowledge of banjo seems to come from wikipedia
>seems
>long, aimless tangents about random shit
literally talking about shit related to what's he's doing atm
he was literally referring to the english name of the move, he knew all the movement names in japanese, stop making shit up you fucking austist

>"I dunno who this fucking bear is or why you want him, but you can stop asking now."
same

>it's not a new game

Attached: banjo and kazooie.jpg (1200x779, 66K)

They said more fighters. They never said how many. It might not be 5 this time.

>More characters announced
Great, more fucking autists fighting over who gets in and flooding the catalog non stop for like 4 or 5 years from now on.
Also based Sakurai saying that you can play BK on an Xbox One, BTFOing all the RARE REPLAY ON SWITCH fags

It wasn't a mod, it was an unsolicited pitch, that's it. Just like that one Crash game

Yes, Sakurai went into uneeded lore behind moves, let Banjo have 7 fucking remixes (Joker only has like 2 and Hero 0) and told people to go play his fucking game on the xbox because he clearly doesnt care about them at all

He went out of his damn way to contact Grant fucking Kirkhope, doing something he's never done before via contacting a foriegner, because he doesnt fucking care.
This franchise that has absolutely 0 marketing going for it, this dead bear and bird, he went through all these hoops for no reason but whiners.

Attached: 69c9150fb4d7b18ba36531dc58e4176c_480.jpg (480x270, 24K)

> this dead bear and bird, he went through all these hoops for no reason but whiners.
correct.

You're dumb

Attached: 1420119383336.png (395x387, 84K)

indeed.

Attached: 1553019621057.png (1424x761, 849K)

Because a shit ton of people are buying it that's how.

I think it's right to say that Smash has no passion going into it anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the last one.

>palutena's guidance about banjo is just: who is this guy lol
sakurai didn't even bother to have something written for this shitty cereal mascot

Attached: 1543790665090.png (407x416, 10K)

holy cope

Did any of the DLC fighters have any of that?

Where's the updated scroll?

No.

Attached: 1567699214809.png (500x542, 102K)

He probably never beat the games. If he even played them. Tooie representation is only 3 songs and some of their moves. No spirits, no characters, the level is purely BK, and the only remix for BT is from a song that’s only 10 minutes or so into the game. Definitely feel shafted at the lack of Tooie love.

It’s the same for every dlc fighter faggot zoomer

This is some next level bait

People trying this hard to vilify Sakurai. Dude was clearly relaxed and ducking around. He was laughing. The team was laughing. They were having a good time. Besides, who gives a fuck if he cares about Banjo and Kazooie? People wanted them in, so he put them in for those people. Nothing else matters.

>I think it's right to say that Smash has no passion going into it anymore.
This. It no longer has any dignity either after what was revealed yesterday.