Unexpected GOTY

Unexpected GOTY

Attached: control-art.jpg (1280x800, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRQGOtBVELo
youtube.com/watch?v=k0QsHKH77MI
kapwi.ng/c/r913rIDQ
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1960417#p1960417
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Waiting for the steam version here.
Or maybe they'll fix the PS4pro version soon so I can support Remedy that way.

dynamite

second best part of the game.

I loved it. Good atmosphere, good visuals, combat is good if you are good enough. Story a bit inconclusive, but I guess that's the genre.

*blocks your path*

Attached: real goty.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

>Story a bit inconclusive, but I guess that's the genre.
There's going to be 2 fairly big dlcs coming later on.

based

>"Unexpected" shilling

it's free, so I don't see your point

lel

DUDE JUST GET A $1200 VIDEO CARD LMAO

>game left me craving more physics based shenanigans
How well does Psy-Ops run on pcsx2?

Attached: dynamite.webm (1280x720, 298K)

I'm playing it on a $150 card and it runs better than the console version

Attached: 1050ti.jpg (1280x960, 122K)

I'm playing it on an 1060 with low settings
Runs great

Attached: Gigachad.png (953x510, 244K)

cant wait to play this when it drops on steam next year with a $20 pricetag

Just pirate it

certainly not bad, good atmosphere but i dont think its GOTY

I dont pirate modern games because the releases have stealth miners.

I'm playing on a 4 core FX with an rx 570 and I get 40fps@1080p. It's far from optimized but playable.

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

why yes I do trust some romanian cracker to not put anything intrusive in an exe that demands administrative privileges, especially now that bitcoin trading is more profitable than ever.

man the cigar maze and the last two sections of the game are just multiple arena fights back to back but the cigar maze was so much more fun than the hedron chamber or nostalgia department. maybe it was the music and environment.

also
tfw alan wake game was an AWE
tfw wake himself sent a letter to FBC via the hotel

>especially now that bitcoin trading is more profitable than ever.
Just arrive from facebook, huh?

What's the first ? Ashtray maze ?

Yes

Solid 6/10, worth playing if you like the aesthetics or starved for singleplayer shooters
this

Good.

>Solid 8/10
ftfy

Should've had a couple humans SCP in there.

Along with more varied containment procedures. Basically every object seem content with standing in a cell/observation room without doing anything. The only one with a special procedure is the fridge, but that's thin. Instead of doing that whole mold subplot which basically an excuse to have a bit more enemy design variety. And maybe with the budget saved from not doing the mold boss we could've had an actual final boss.

So what exactly is the janitor?

He works for free

Apparently the finnish god of the deep, or the personification of the Oldest House/Yggdrasil, or both.

So is this game basically SCP meets Twin Peaks?

Come to think of it there was that one pillar with the carvings on it in the restricted area where he fucks off

FUCK OFF
Im not a console player. Im always moving. Yet the bullshit homing rockets that every other enemy has in this game still hit me after dodging even when Im flying. The shield doesnt even help against them

It's good but the last mission kinda drags on and the ending is a little disappointing.

git

NIG

At least he gets a vacation

Everything Ahti

If only Jesse was as cute as any Twin Peaks qt

Attached: meanwhile.jpg (1600x900, 80K)

an inverted pyramid places all the power at the bottom, not the top. the janitor is the highest authority in the house.

sorry but I'm actually the sleeper hit GOTY for 2019

Attached: 1535674179472.jpg (500x630, 44K)

No need. Running a gtx 1060 and ryzen 2600 and played the game at a steady ~65 fps the whole game.

The game's graphics settings aren't very versatile; all the Low settings would honestly be Medium on any other PC game.

That's not how an inverted pyramid work

Maybe not but that's how it is in the game. The janitor (bottom) seemed like this all-powerful omniscient god and the FBC Director (Jesse) is the one going around taking orders and doing all the bitch work

But since Ahti consider you his assistant doesn't that means you are below him in the pyramid ? So you're even more at the top ? So you're at the very top and the very bottom at once ?

Nah you are slightly above him

your job is 'director', 'assistant' is how ahti sees things because he knows what's up. that's all the director is to him.

based and dmcpilled

So thats why The Board is a useless bunch of gibberish.

Also one last thing -
Is the Trench that guides you via Hotline still a Hiss-corrupt version, or does being ded make him uncorrupted?

GOTY

It's okay.
the end from finding Athi onwards is pretty fucking kino, even though it has no boss fight
and a whole bunch of plot/DLC hooks

I haven't listened to the Hotline with insight of the plot, but I remember Trench being deeply suspicious of Darling in the calls, and Darling was actually working to save everyone, so I would say he's still fuzzy. But at the same time he probably killed himself / got killed by the Hiss because he was not entirely corrupt and either saw that he was compromised and killed himself to avoid his secrets falling into the wrong hands or because he would start working against the Hiss and was too dangerous to be left alive.

The bullet that killed him also read and recorded all his thoughts and memories as it passed through his brain.

It's not actually Trench that's guiding you, it's the service weapon.

It's so fucking funny that the people in the bureau act like it's just a normal office job and then casually make references to the astral plane or other crazy shit.
It's really jarring but in an amusing way

Yeah I love this kinda thing. Was my jam in Prey too.

Attached: dyna mite.webm (1280x720, 335K)

Why is the nexus of alternate realities the oceanview motel specifically? Is that a reference, why not a motel 6 or the hilton?

powerful entity from threshold
it's pretty obvious if you read docs

I could be stretching but Wake said "it's not a lake, it's an ocean" so the 'ocean-view' motel would make sense as a hub between planes of reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRQGOtBVELo

of course a remedy game includes a song from poets of the fall

the actor is fun, very fitting too

I thought there were three songs from them: in the Lab, Ashtray Maze and in the endigs

I'm not going to read Control threads because I don't want to get spoiled, but I am really enjoying it so far.

>Objective: TRAVERSE THE OCEANVIEW MOTEL
Cracks me up every time

>why not a motel 6 or the hilton?
Too iconic, The Oceanview is like an amalgamation of every shithole motel that exists in the collective human consciousness, something that transcends any one brand or specific idea of a motel and is just ubiquitously "a motel", just the first thing that comes to anyone's mind when they think of one.

>Ashtray Maze sequence
youtube.com/watch?v=k0QsHKH77MI

Attached: radcliffe.jpg (613x613, 52K)

But oceanview motel is an actual motel that exists

Does the FBC not have the exterior of the Oceanview secured?

Theres one time where you go through it and you hear some tourists outside wondering if its open to stay at before they decide to move on.

Seems unlike them, unless theres no possible way to enter the Oceanview threshold from outside without using the cord, thus it doesn't need securing.

Bunch of cool setpieces, and powers are not useless shit like in Quantum Break.

Attached: ctrl.jpg (2560x1538, 524K)

the oceanview is not exactly a place.

If you don't use the gold suit or the asynchronous suit the get the fuck outta my face

How come people go crazy when they learn Earth is just another plane of existence through the oldest house?
That doesn't make it any less real, like do these people not go outside?

ok you can stop making this same thread, we get it, you work for remedy (for free). no need for further advertisement no ones gonna buy that shitty game, it's been cracked too already.

it's a generic name used by multiple seaside hotels, not a brand name. although I see it was also the title of an album, which could be a reference.

From what I understand, the Oceanview motel exist physically in the real world, although it hasn't been located yet. It's like the Oldest House, a Place of Power where the rule of physics get wonky.

As to why it's this motel specifically, one hotline call from Trench describes the Oceanview motel as very similar to the motels agents of the Bureau reside while investigating a paranatural event. And we know Object of Powers are items that fits a certain standardized image of what they are supposed to look like (like for the rubber duck, it looks like the most classic rubber duck you can think of), and collective subconscious is at play.

Maybe the fact that so many agents of the Bureau over the years have mulled over paranatural events in the wall of motels that are pretty much like the Oceanview motel also created a resonance with their subconscious and the Oldest House, with the idea that motels are a step toward where they need to be, and eventually the motel turned into a sort of contained Threshold with light cords appearing more and more specifically in the Oldest House.

Although there are different doors, so you're apparently not the only one using it.

>she will never telekinetically grab your prostate and massage it from all angles while sucking your dick with no pause
kill me

Attached: control-jess-1128289-1280x0.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

Was this a complete bomb?

It had a small amount of hype, came out, got great reviews and disappeared within a week.

>Hasn't been located in the real world
>go to the motel
>open the front door because you can clearly hear people outside
???

I always like the style of Remedy games, but everything else - gameplay, story, etc - usually just crumbles on itself. Control is sadly no different.

There are Oceanviews in many countries all over the world and none of them are really alike or related.

Apparently they're looking for it but haven't managed to find it yet.

Based AND redpilled. First truly aryan protagonist in ages.

Attached: 1567522663953.jpg (1206x630, 116K)

Why is the oldest house in the United States instead of somewhere else

>open the front door because you can clearly hear people outside
But you can't. And the people outside can't open it either.

I'm sure that wasn't the first thing they tried

Maybe other countries have their own bureaus, maybe the mass idea about secret government projects working on paranormal stuff created it in the most cliche place possible.

Which object of power would you take irl?
I'm pretty sure the floppy disk or the horse is the most useful

The talking Christmas tree so I wouldn't be lonely anymore

same here user rx580 and a fx8350 which is like a several year old i3 and it runs totally fine. console babies just can't cope

The floppy disk or the TV.

Levitation TV

it's not like there's a lot to choose from, the rest of objects of power are pretty uneventful, most just indestructible things, that either kill you or just do something useless.

If Psi-Ops wasn't GOTY, neither is Control.

We won't really know until it comes out on a real platform.

Is it anywhere in the game ? Because I saw it referenced a lot but never saw it.

Attached: dynamite2.webm (1280x720, 163K)

Its in containment in the Panopticon. Can't remember the exact floor though.

All of the things you saw in the docs are in the Panopticon.

Ahti's Tape player so I can be good at orienteering for once.

Also for the sick beats.

>Casper Darling, you have subjected yourself fully to my resonance
>You are ready to see what lies beyond the veil, and to gather knowledge you have looked for all your life
>Before you join me in the planes beyond the Astral, there is just one thing you must do
>You still got that guitar ?

I just got the phone power (launching things), at which point does this get good (or even passable)? Because up until now it's the epitome of mediocrity and I have to force myself to play because it's supposed to be good.

it gets better as you collect more abilities and weapons so you have some freedom in the play style, that being said if the setting isn't grabbing you it probably won't be worth it for you because it's not like the gameplay is amazing

I don't know if it's GOTY but it's one of my favorites in this year and I fucking love it. It ticks the things I always wanted
>X-Files
>SCP shit
>McAffrey delivering kino lines
>fun and tight shooting mechanics
>metroidvania exploration and progression
>amazing, and I do mean amazing, bauhaus level designs and architectures
You haven't get dash yet. And phone isn't for launching things.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.03 - 11.26.11.51.png (1440x900, 2.56M)

Playing it on 2080Ti / 8700k @ 5 ghz, on 3440x1440, shit looks amazing, and the RT is fucking dope.

Launch is straight up gamebreaking OP tho

Great game, autistic Jesse is cute

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.02 - 18.33.42.92.png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

ray tracing on?

>GOTY

Nah. It's great though even if it is a prime example of Remedy's greatest strengths and most glaring weaknesses.

Scientists doing wacky things as if those are normal activities is my fetish

the rubber duck

>SCP
>tight shooting mechanics
how much of an action spooky game is this? I horrorshooters are the best games but I can't stand ebin storygame shit

Huh, does it talk ?

Half the time I forget I even have a shield.

So what was with the reversed parts in the "Take Control" song?

>In their drunken feverish state, seemed to both profoundly, the pyramid in the stolen file becomes a spruce tree
>A diamond, will tell you where, 1-19-7-1-18-4-9-19
>Landing on a polar/pillar star and rushing on to the red room, find the quarry/cord to take you to a secret rendezvouz

Literally the only time I used shield was if I had one pixel of health left because I fucked up and was making a mad dash for health, I would throw up a shield.

There's nothing scary about this. But sometimes it gets disturbing. Sometimes.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.02 - 02.48.19.89.png (1440x900, 1.91M)

It's spooky for maybe the first fifteen minutes where you're not yet sure what the game is going to throw at you but in the end it's a third-person shooter where you kills dozens of enemies and can hurl vending machines at people, it's really not unbearably spooky.

No jump scares - No horrific events bar shooting and shooting injuries

enemies are spooky at best

>That memo with Darling talking about slides for projector
>Digs up old family photo slides from his place and spends entire days secretly going through them on projector, likely in violation of policy
>Doesn't do anything at all, concludes the original slides themselves are OoP and not based on any emotions or love from said slides
man something about that one memo just hits pretty hard for some reason
darling best character that doesnt even show up

Attached: remedy.jpg (1748x1344, 256K)

what's so disturbing about Payne smoking in front of a light

I wish this was moddable so people could make more missions. I loved the shit out of it but I don't have anything left to do in the game.

Because I am bored I took a video of the esseJ fight and reversed it because I wanted to understand what she was saying. But I am too ESL to figure it out over the noise :

kapwi.ng/c/r913rIDQ
>1:13 ???
>2;48 "Hiss' gotten you too huh ?"
>Maybe something between the two

>Worst costume has best ass
>PS4 exclusive
God damn it Remedy (and 505). I also hear PS4 users are going to get an exclusive mission to boot. Absolute bullshit for publishers to lock content behind platforms and while I could just get the PS4 version, I'm not going to subject myself to that framerate.

>This game
>Goty
>The year where fucking RE2-DMCV-Sekiro came out
Fat chance.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1960417#p1960417
download this exe, it's the dlc costume

You can use a hex editor to unlock the mission and costume on PC, hideo Kojima voices it

Attached: Untitled3.jpg (2560x1440, 331K)

Sweet, thanks boys.

I feel ya. The dlc can't come soon enough.

Nothing. The setting is about mundane objects acting oddly.

Oceanview Motel does makes me uncomfortable everytime, I don't know why. The whole game gave me the "something out there is out to get me" vibe.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.09.02 - 02.09.37.04.png (1440x900, 1.94M)

>epic exclusive
Into the trash it goes. Not even worth pirating.

NO STEAM. NO BUY.

Attached: 1567702113.jpg (1920x1080, 888K)

Dude, everyday you shill this shit game. Just stop.

Take your meds.

No GOG, no buy.

Attached: gog.jpg (1400x1400, 262K)

1:13 sounds like "I am Jesse"

>One time, we even threw a cup !
>Small brightly to the camera

Man Darling and Jesse interactions would've been better than with Pope.

the mission is exclusive for a braindead tier obvious reason, its a death stranding tie in

>low settings

The setting is cool but my lord they limit themselves with too many rules when it comes to how their SCPs work. Which results in the more amusing enemies/bosses getting relegated to the threshold zones because muh interdimensional shit and most of the actual SCPs stored in the house being just really mundane Objects of Power.

That makes too much sense man

I'm hearing "I bet you know Jesse"

These little shows are by far the most disturbing thing in the game.

How big is this game download wise?

What's the point of those? Is there any explanation about it?
33 GB, installed

Low settings in this game is like medium for most other games.

Oh that's not bad, I thought it would be like 80 plus. Gonna give it a try.

>Story a bit inconclusive
I thought it was fine. All the big plot points get tied up, it's only some smaller ones added later in the game that are left ambiguous like Hedron. I don't think shit like the board is meant to be understood.

They wanted to teach kids raised in the Bureau how to behave.

No wonder Dylan turned out the way he did if all he had was this shit and this cuntish psychiatrist fuck you he had no calendar

Still not sure if the board is meant to allude to the developers or not.

pretty sure he's the voice actor for alan wake

I agree they could have gone a bit more batshit with the OoPs and AIs. The visuals were usually awesome but the gameplay/puzzles were all pretty one note. Light switch should have been the standard rather than the exception.

Also the ashtray maze should have been an actual maze.

Let me rank the best parts of Control in descending order:

Darling (DYNAMITE Mode)
Trench
Threshold Kids
Darling / Ahti
Ashtray Maze
Fridge / Anchor
Oceanview Motel
esseJ

esseJ was the best boss imo

I still can believe how good dmc 5 was. I felt like a kid again

I found Jesse pretty cute, desu.

You can't go wrong with a mirror boss. Although it probably should've been Dylan.

Too boring for my tastes but I always appreciate a mirror fight.

it was alright
if youre an scp fag like me youll enjoy it but the story towards the end gets a little lame and stale
also, the entire middle section of the game is pretty boring, there are a few late game sequences that finally feel fresh, the game shouldve had way more of these

Some smart ass in the dev team thought it was a good idea to put the most interesting shit in the side missions.

CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS CLOCKS

or maybe some smart ass realized the game was boring as fuck and made some sick side missions

WHAT TIME IS IT

so when are they fixing this?

Attached: Control lighting wtf3.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

why was he so likable and genuine, like the felt like the most "real" person in the entire game.

Attached: good guy.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

i loved control and think it's a solid 8.5/10 and more people should play it just for ashtray maze and DYNAMITE
that being said ive been a dmcfag for years and DMC V actually lived up to its high expectations, but i still don't really know what the GOTY should be. I feel like we have a few good contenders this year.

>and powers are not useless shit like in Quantum Break.
are you out of your mind? How were they useless in quatum break? WTF are you talking about?

get it from FitGirl Repacks, works fine

yeah I can see their touch on the game....

Attached: girl power am I rite.jpg (1914x1386, 412K)

It had the potential to be GOTY but in standard remedy fashion they flubbed the gameplay a lot.

Also Jesse is just such a shit protagonist compared to Max Payne or Alan Wake. I don't even think Sam Lake bothered with her at all.

Langston seems like the kind of guy who is in completely over his fucking head and knows it but he genuinely means well and does what he can.

He offsets the shit hes in with his sense of humor.

he's a fuck-up, but his fuck up is perfectly understandable given the circumstances. his dishevelled appearance suggests that he's been working tirelessly and he has one of the toughest jobs. the hairlip is just a nice touch because it tells a story about him without wasting any time. he's probably sensitive about it.
compare him to chirpy science lady, smug science lady, stern science lady or oatmeal face security guard and the difference is night and day. everybody else is all business, does their job exactly right without complaint, and are interchangeable with all the random unspeaking npcs.

>oatmeal face security guard
if you talk shit about Arish I will punch you right in your anus

>medium

can we at least agree he has an oatmeal face?

>Make a game with a basically equal man to woman ratio
>All the best characters are men

Ok Jesse's not too bad either but still

Anyone else get to the Anchor without the levitate ability?

ok

In any case, he is the first "real" character I felt in the game, everything was so natural about him, the dialog, reactions everything. I don't want to call him perfect but he was certainly well done.
Again I can't place my finger on it, but it all comes together to form this very real feeling human being, instead of a character in a video game that spurts out dialog.
Really surprised, did not expect this quality to pop up.
So I nominate him for actually most underrated character in the game.

I don't think you can. At least I don't see how.

It's actually possible. If you stack one of the boxes on the way there on the up-right vertical position you can get to the boss fight.

I agree. He was the first character I ran into that was just a dude and not a caricature.

because the women are forced, shoehorned in.
You dont slap women into your game because you got an agenda or a quota to fill and hope you can build a world around them.
You instead create a world, a natural believable world and stick in men/women whatever that fits and best suits whatever role.

Shame that absolutely nothing in the game tells you that you can let down boxes gently

Last arena in the REDRED zone was really bad
I want alan back

so uh is that light witch lady from alan wake a similar deal to the janitor

Forget putting down boxes gently it's such a fucking finnicky system. For a game called Control I wish they actually gave you Gravity Gun-tier control over your telepathy instead of just making it a glorified charge shot that gets slightly affected by the environment.

if you take story seriously it is a freaking scary.
it's not very depicted in the game itself.

The Hedron/Hiss is very much like the Traveler/Darkness from Destiny.

I wish we had more lore. I know that being obtuse is part of the charm of those kinda things but still. Like why the fuck is Hedron even destroyed ?

Why yes I like to make the game trivial, how could you tell?

Attached: naturally.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

i pumped hp and launch, game was easy as fuck
>spam launch
>while energy recharges use upgraded grip
>out of ammo, switch back to launch

So Not-mother and her creepy kids are saved for the dlc, right?

Attached: 1564147993969.png (720x716, 556K)

>it's escape from the duck episode again
What were the devs thinking?! Fucking dahaka from prince of persia was less of a menace

Attached: enemies everywhere.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

>objective
>RUN

Attached: worry.png (189x262, 67K)

fantastic game. the best thing they've put since the original max payne imo.
i hope it does well for them.

No thanks, that shit gave me the creeps even though a simple log

Probably, thought it'd imagine it would be the second one called AWE.

I immediately regretted doing that. Actually almost fell asleep in combat because of it.

Play Ruiner, upgrade Dash asap and avoid using the shield and slow motion.
Guaranteed high speed reving

Gettin it done

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.05 - 22.36.32.86.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

>mind control large enemies
>can use those sphere things to heal yourself

It was Kino

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.04 - 18.04.53.56.png (2560x1440, 3.29M)

this exclusive side mission was so fucking boring

Fix the performance first

You missed the operative word "support".

Pirate now, support later.

Finnish, they're all like that, strange folk

HOODLUM release works better, 20GB is nothing, why is there even a FitGirl repack.
Why wait to play it then if you intend to buy it on Steam/GOG anyway?

Yeah like they did it totally unintentionally in their small indie studio.

see I'm not getting this at all, and I'm /pol/ as /pol/ can be. Jesse is believably vulnerable, Pope is autistically cute, and moldlady is an insufferable schoolmarm. 2cool4school aloof black CIA lady kinda sucks but that's about it. all the rest of the characters seem great. I just got to Dylan, and everything this game does hits all the right spots for me. I might even like Control more than Alan Wake, and I really like Alan Wake

>see I'm not getting this at all, and I'm /pol/ as /pol/ can be
Good because I'm not /pol/ at all. So I guess you and the sjw have a lot in common, /pol/.

I like control more than dmc, game was so fucking cringy I stopped playing

no I just enjoy shit that isn't overly sjw or pozzed, and this game is neither. CIA negress is lame and when I find out what she does in the quarry by herself for days at time I'm sure it won't redeem her. the black medic minor side character is 1000x better than her.

idk I just think anyone who plays Control and says "hurrrdurr forced diversity! sjw!" is either trolling or a brainlet.

wtf is that outfit?

>no I just enjoy shit that isn't overly sjw or pozzed, and this game is neither.
Which is funny because I ain't even /pol/ and I think it's has obvious signs of some agenda pushing in terms of more female cast through out the entire game.

>idk I just think anyone who plays Control and says "hurrrdurr forced diversity! sjw!" is either trolling or a brainlet.
lol, the irony of claiming to be /pol/ but then taking a stance that is so far removed form /pol/ that even normal people disagree with you

op enjoys negro dong
>bam: czech'em

Attached: endless_trashhhh.jpg (850x950, 586K)

check the replies

your point is?

you did it user, you ruined all the fun I was having and was going to have in this game.
thanks for redpilling me.

Attached: koshka.png (237x218, 128K)

I know right, we live in strange times.

still waiting for a legit explanation on how the "diversity" is "forced" when most of the main cast is white(oid) even, to the point where I started becoming actually surprised when new characters like Langston keep getting introduced and they are regular ol white dudes. Pope could have easily been Blasian, or even straight chink, etc. etc. also zero trannies, zero openly gay or, God forbid, """queer""" characters. again my only complaint character-wise is Black CIA Hardass, a sulky aloof black male would have fit the role much better imo but w/e

you are just obsessed you retarded faggot

oh ou, looks like the defense squad is here

I don't play games with female protagonists

I can't tell if this is falseflagging or a legit autistic retard.

is there a difference?

boring gameplay: the game

excellent argument fag. Control is NOTHING like Tacoma for instance, now THERE'S some classic forced woke diversity. or NuWolf2... I guess despite being technically less white, the Finns truly are more based than the Swedes, what can I say

eww

>Mission select boots you back to the save you were at the time of that mission
>No way to go back to end game save
Who designed this horseshit?

Expected average game, basically the baseline for what could be called a good game, considering level design, lack of HUD garbage if you turn off objective and enemy health bars, etc

Played on an R5 2600 and RTX 2060 with raytracing at 45FPS. Used a controller, so high framerates were unnecessary

The graphics, voiceacting and ambience all seem pretty good but the gameplay and story looks nonsensical and boring as fuck

Fuck off with that photo on the bottom. Those are guests. 6 of them are my personal friends, work buddies and acquaintances and I know they don't work for Remedy. The only one I know has worked for the company is the one lying down on the front and I can also tell that she's actually a feminist cunt.

>Solid 8/10
You only think that because you've been playing straight up garbage like Gears, Halo, Killzone, CoD, Battlefield, or whatever other garbage. Control is solid, but it's like the baseline

turn off some stuff like SSAO and reflections when using RTX version of those, it gives you 1-2fps each.
Also set volumeric lighting to medium.
Try using DLLS, as the implementation in this game is okay.

>Those are guests. 6 of them are my personal friends,
>defends them
hmmm

Jesse's ass looks like THAT!?!

Pope is cute but her mocap is horrible

Attached: 153457275227.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Pic unrelated

What I'm saying is that just because a game development seminar focused on women in the industry decided to visit a company among other companies doesn't mean that a group photo of them taken in the lobby represents the work force of that company. Only Eevi in the front worked for Remedy and she doesn't work there anymore according to her linkedin.

Did this and I was oneshotting everything until the end. I was actually kinda sad when the combat just took twice as long

>What I'm saying is that just because a game development seminar focused on women in the industry decided to visit a company
Do you hear yourself speak?

>Also set volumeric lighting to medium.
Yeah I did that. DLSS wasn't good enough because I'm already at the low low resolution of 1080p

lol at finnshits
this is so much

Do you? That seminar was two months ago. You think they made this game based on their ideas in that time? All they did was book a conference hall, talk about shit everyone already knows and then took a bus ride to get a tour of Remedy offices as well as the offices of several other Helsinki area game developers.

Not him, you're an illiterate floundering shithead

Update when

>try to find benchmarks to see how it'd run on 1070
>it's all 2080 / vega / 1660 shit on 1080p
Literally who the fuck is helped by this, where have all the good benchmark sites all of the sudden, and who plays games on 1080p on these GPUs?

Completely wrong. Last one of those types I've played was BF3.

Yes, but only in that outfit sadly.

That outfit looks her ass look really fucking nice but that one other outfit you start with also has a nice ass

Sometime this month is all that has been said

Astral suit>urban/tactical>director/gold suit>starter clothes

It causes existential crises. Human perspective is inherently egocentric. Not to use the word in a negative context - but literally self-focused. We are at the center of our own experience. Human identity relies on the self being the center of one's own experience. The realization of how small we already are in the scheme of our galaxy and universe, added on to the concept that even our dimension is just one of many that the Oldest House is attached to challenges that identity. It's basically the most absurd thing imaginable. It really would drive most normal people crazy.

Nice opinion mr. ass connoisseur but the starter clothes have the actual cute looking hair so I feel inclined to stick to that

well the hair is not starter clothes exclusive lad

it's literally 8/10,. 9 if you care about visuals a lot

I play it on 1070 and 3570k on 1080p high and it runs ~40fps

I could lower the details but I like the game to look nicer rather than smoother

I haven't even finished the game and the women do feel extremely forced. Jessie and Emily are fine but when I saw Marshal was le strong black woman I rolled my eyes. Im hoping by the end of the game things will even out but it feels kinda awkward and fake the way it is now. Doesn't make the game bad but it does drag it down a bit.

1070/1700x playing on 2k, everything on the highest gives me 30-40fps so lower some shit if you want

Yeah, the first girl you meet actually makes sense as you know, her seeing a human being there was an importnat moment after her first deal with the bullshittery and that person showing similarities with herself ie. mannerism, looks etc. would relax the main character which is basic instinct so I didnt even notice anything but then the negress apppears

FUCK Tommasi Ver. 2

whats with some of the modeling in this game?

Pope looks boring and lastgen while Ahti and panopticon guy look uncanny valley good.

EPIC BAD

t-that sounds d-dangerous user

because men are allowed to be done well

RE2 is far better than this

It was interesting, but I think it lack variety in the enemy designs. The story isn't as surprising as I thought it would be. I kept waiting for a bigger twist. The last part was nice, but the gimmick didn't really blow me away in the same way something like the Scarecrow "glitching your game" in Batman Arkham Asylum did.

Jaw of the Year

Attached: E427661E-B98C-417A-8423-F41C9AE5228D.jpg (275x168, 25K)

so the real question is,
how does Mr. Scratch fit into all of this?

oh shit, user asking the real questions

Attached: 64316206245.jpg (500x262, 26K)

I've been thinking about it ever since "the hiss" appeared

the environment, levels and destructible environment in this game are all fucking insane. I've never seen these levels of destructible environment. Alot of mundane shit you wouldn't even think about is breakable.

how exactly is this game free?

>gets called in to remove fish (bait threads) clogging up The Board
>turns out he put the fish there in the first place

>It really would drive most normal people crazy.

really? I find that hard to believe. I'd think the average, everyday person could maybe come to turns with it, hell, look at the people in this thread. But fucking super seekret agents who KNOW of otherworldly crazy shit? C'mon man.

Im going to be boring and say the floppy disk. It's just too fun. I absolutely love telekinesis.

Anyone dissapointed by the complete lack of Max Payne references? Not even a baseball bat boy altered item. Didnt Alan Wake have Lords and Ladies?

Real GOTY
Get cucked

Attached: Pokémon_Sword_and_Shield.jpg (350x278, 46K)

>GoTY
>White males cant play it.

im sorry honey.

>The Shawshank Redemption!

Attached: 1541301965158.jpg (882x960, 76K)

It could just be that you have a pretty strong sense of self, user. Most people don't.

has this been cracked yet?

While that does make me feel good about myself, I don't think that is true. But, I supposed we'll never really know, huh? Fun to think about though.

Yes. Also, you could ctrl F "pirate" or something next time, that might save you some effort.

this feels like people plugged keywords/phrases into an algorithm and a song was made.

expected shit

Attached: 253b0d26b5e.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Control-HOODLUM
this a good version?

Trench had a wife and daughter. The daughter died.

Best parts were Ashtray and seeing links to Alan Wake

Shit my pants when Thomas Zane was mentioned

>that vision in the Containment Sector

Attached: 1564951801916.gif (277x286, 584K)

Yes

>Best parts were ... links to Alan Wake
Alan wake is a dogshit game what the fuck are you talking about "best"

The gameplay is neat.

The story was so fucking stupid and basically all of the characters are terrible save the janitor. The dialogue is so bad it made me want to stop playing. It feels like it was written by some fresh liberal arts graduates and it probably was.

The world around everything else is really cool. The oldest house, astral plane and objects of power concepts were done really well. It felt a bit like something from Douglas Adams.

Ties back to previous games were neat and the FMV stuff is cool.

GOTY? No. It's a 7/10

>that music video
wut

No way to sort mods? how was this not discovered in playtesting.
No option to hold the pickup button and automatically convert ground mod into source

the UI for this game is a nightmare sometimes.

DmC2 won't even make shortlists, DMCuck.

Speaking of SCP shit does anyone remember the name of those stories in a similar vein where you have to perform some inane ritual at a mundane location to obtain 1 object of power out of like 300?

Its all the personality Jesse has. Maybe this game would have benefited from a flashback sequence to them as kids. I honestly didn't care about Dylan's fate because I felt no connection.

This game is getting shilled unbelievably hard. Despite it just be reused assets of the game they released that bombed so fucking hard.

this which is a shame because the UI itself is really slick

"I had a dream about a writer who wrote about a cop. then I had a dream about that cop. both were real." (paraphrased, poorly)

I like what they did, nods without straight up wanking, as Max Payne doesn't exist in this universe

>people like a game
>claim its all shills
off yourself you whiny beta

I really hope we get to experience the Ordinary AWE in a DLC. I was disappointed you didn't get to visit it in a flashback or something in the main game.

We were ina game, and it it was a boooooooooooooooring game. But still you played it.

I mean somebody said alan wake was a good game earlier. That's just about the most reddit opinion there is.

Just finished it, what a ride, especially the endgame once you enter the maze.
The fucking invisible enemies that cough up bullshit on you and instakill you can go fuck themselves especially the ones in the Tommasi boss fight.

Attached: Control_20190906030624.jpg (3840x2160, 147K)

guys wait hold up

were the Night Springs episodes in Alan Wake reruns of the original show? or were they from the DoC reboot? fuck me brb rewatching all of those again

How could they not fucking reuse the abilities that were in QB? What the fuck?

They could have easily replaced the dogshit mindcontrol ability wih some of time powers there.

Any mods to change the main character face. It's distracting. Feel like Im watching troll guy.

well there is that one point when visiting the ocean view motel right before meeting dylan. where someone is just screaming bloody murder and theirs blood coming out from behind one of the doors that never open. and they never expand upon that at all.

Combat is too easy and the shitty map makes finding objectives hard at times but yeah it's cool. Much better than Quantum Break, almost on par with Alan Wake

Attached: B0E1C7C3-1F3D-4B0F-963D-088C2CA76336.jpg (640x600, 27K)

Just play the PC version, nigga

>tfw playing maxed out on 2070-m laptop gpu
it's awesome

I refuse to give any game where characters are comically smaller than the doorways a score above 5/10

>people like the game
>has an average score of 7/10
Yea, keep telling yourself that shill.

so is the game actually good? I thought remedy was shit now

?

It's above average. Mediocre protagonist. Excellent presentation. Serviceable combat.

Classic Remedy.

They're free from Microsoft, so now they can do whatever
It has its flaws but it's a solid 8.5/10 game

>FBC made full cover up for Bright Falls
>FBC know about others writers who was victim of the lake
>Alan Wake is one of the strongest candidates for the Director job
>several items from Bright Falls are contained in the Oldest House
>even coffee thermos
>Night Springs is the IP that FBC own to prevent panic and make ready people if they decided to unclassified everything
>FBC has mobile base near the lake in Bright Fall now
>Alan Wake is behind the spiral door in the Oceanview Motel righ now and writing his way out
>In American Nightmare Alan mentioned that "the same will happen in Ordinary"
>Max Payne is fictional character in Control/Alan Wake universe, but in other he is real person

Give us Alan Wake 2 already, stop teasing

Attached: 1567569711104.gif (230x209, 1.03M)

>is the game actually good?
Terrible writing
Somewhat interesting level design
gameplay mechanics that are new but quickly become unwelcome
Climax can be seen coming a mile away
dumb people feel smart
the game is remembered not for its unique gameplay, but for being painfully mediocre

Like this user said

>They could have easily replaced the dogshit mindcontrol ability wih some of time powers there.
Unironically I found quantum break powers far more fun in terms of gameplay. Though I do value better platforming, destruction in control.

>B-but Epic is GOAT, you just can't see it because you're a Steamdrone! They *TOTALLY* give a shit about indie devs and just want a free and fair PC market!

An addendum. A mediocre protagonist is NOT classic Remedy. It's just that Darling, Trench, and Ahti are so much fucking better than Jesse.

She has zero charisma compared to Alan and Max. In fact, the most entertaining female character here is Meg.

>cope
you know you're getting the full experience as it's supposed to be. Might as well play it 5 years from now.

The devs don't care about you, why should you do the same?