Attached: 3423234525.jpg (480x480, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QXAPdwOza9U
terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*teleports behind u*

>casts harm until you ded
nothing personal

Completely ridiculous in real-time since you can spam far faster than majority of guns shoot.

Gun Knights are cool and anyone who disagrees is a fag.

>you will never play as a gun knight waging a holy crusade against other gun knights in a fantasy genre
>you will never be a heavy gun knight wielding puckle guns or a dextrous gun knight with automatic silenced pistols
>you will never be a sniper gun knight with a big fuck off elephant gun that takes 2 hands to cock the trigger back
>you will never be the chad dual wielding revolver knight firing dum dum bullets from his long nosed revolvers

why live?

>Strength of Earth
>Agility of Fire
>Shield of Protection
>Flash
>Blur Sight
Heh, nothing personnel kid

And you fall flat on the ground after two seconds, since you need like 50 Willpower to keep your regen high enough with all that drain.

I'm not sure what's going on with that gun, is that supposed to be a flintlock+revolver hybrid?

Why aren't they in more vidya?

cute

Attached: 342515.jpg (580x435, 87K)

for some reason picture got cut, heres full version if that helps

Attached: 456777.jpg (800x400, 59K)

WHAT THE FUCK IS EYE DIVINE CYBERMANCY

cast shield and windwall
proceed to laugh as my army of summoned monsters brutalize all in my path

Its probably a pepperbox revolver.

Devs are too uncreative

>[
scifi gun knights, not old school revolver knights

There was some point in euro history where theres guys were a thing. Mounted dragoons, zweihanders etc.

A pepper box has multiple barrels. A revolver has one barrel with multiple chambers.

Attached: 1820s flintlock.jpg (1200x857, 80K)

god guns like these really tickle my gun boner

i wish there were more western themed games for that sweet repeater/ revolver action

What game is this?

its not just generic knights with guns, added theme of industrial revolution makes arcanum most memorable rpg i have ever played

So Yea Forums has finally caught up with the classic animated feature Wizards

Arcanum. It's not for the faint of heart. youtube.com/watch?v=QXAPdwOza9U

there is try looking

Torchlight 2 has the engineer who can spec into fat armor and cannons, that's as close as I know

I love Arcanum. It was a comfy and imaginative game. Broken as fuck, but comfy.

Knigga, I break reality with my brain, I don't have to dodge.

based

>not being the chad gun mage

agility of fire + tempus fugit + fine revolver/hand cannon/droch's warbringer fucks shit up

game?

not to circlejerk but arcanum really is one of the greatest games ever made.

this, i think is a great twist of tolkienish fantasy without le subverted expectations cheap tricks.
also amazing somber music

>Arcanum thread while I've been playing arcanum
Sweet. Tried a magic character and got bored, so I'm trying an archer/gunner/tech hybrid this time.

>Arcanum thread
Might be a bit of a stretch. I have a suspicion that most people here don't even know what Arcanum is.

That was made entirely by a single violin quartet and nothing else.
Mostly because Troika was running out of budget - but the effect is memorable as fuck.

i finished arcanum twice, but on subsecuents runs i felt for the completionist autism and got bored, it really fucks the experience, its not a game to play like that.

I finished Arcanum thrice and I still have no idea how to fuck Raven. It seems all my stats are in order, but she just keeps ignoring me.

The spoiler might have your answer.
You fuck before you go into the void. This is only allowed when you talk to her across Arcanum. Each NPC has separate dialog for the locations in the town. Some have none, but most of them do.

>Must have at least 10 beauty
>Must be a suitable race
>Must pick right dialogue choices
>Must NOT take M'in Gorad's Stillwater Quest
>Must have her flirt with you BEFORE you look for Renford

You also can't have Z'an in your party (she will force you to choose between them), unless you have max charisma.

best companion?

Attached: adog.jpg (490x393, 58K)

It's almost cheating.

I hate that there aren't more games with this aesthetic because people hate any historical aesthetic that isn't generic medieval fantasy even though that's anachronistic anyway.

Attached: 6a297dbb67ed0fe9992becf0f3ce0e34.jpg (735x958, 101K)

He's a good boy.

There is a reason I never dropped this guy from my party.

gnomes are jews

I always got worried when he would attack and destroy elementals.
Best dog.

I should replay as brainless ogre

this, im tired of getting wrecked and scarred and losing charisma

*desintegrate

OK, what the fuck am I missing in the Black Mountain Clan dungeon? I actually make sure to be overleveled everytime I run this dungeon and those golems are always ripping me to shreds.
The fuck is their problem?

They ruin your armor when they hit you. Bonus, I think their attacks partially ignore your armor for damage calculation purposes.

Never understood why more game do what Arcanum did make your fantasy world have interesting technology. I'm tired of seeing the same old shitty medieval-like setting in fantasy games, give me an orc firing a machine gun for fucks sake.

I don't know, man. Harm is a standard action, you can cast it like once every six seconds. You can't even quicken it since that would raise its spell level to one you can't access.

>Slowing yourself down with armour when it can't block shit
>Cool
No.

Science-magic setting is kinda what Final Fantasy did. Guess no one else wanted to copy that.

they resist magic but at the same time they are magic so they make your guns miss. they also damage your melee weapons when you hit them. I've played the game multiple times and I still have no idea what you were supposed to kill them with.

On second thought, I don't know anything about Arcanum's rule set or how Harm works in that game. I've been playing too much PFKM for my mind to instantly gravitate to that rule set and didn't recognize where the OP image was from.

Axes.

bare hands with decent gloves works well if you're a melee character

I really enjoyed the simple yet efficient justification why magic and technology are at odds with each other and why there is a conflict between them. It's an old trope in large amount of games (Thief, The Longest Journey) but it usually is explained away as "just because".
Here, technology works based on laws of physics, while magic warps those laws. You don't want to be in a moving train when steam stats behaving weirdly.

Pyro-axe. Takes no damage. Or just pick up some road spikes and drake daggers as throwaway weapons. Guess balanced swords work, too, as you can just produce more when you need them.

>Science-magic setting is kinda what Final Fantasy did. Guess no one else wanted to copy that.
Because Final Fantasy has terrible world building. It''s just a Tolkien-like world dressed up in a superficially different skin.

In your typical FF game, you have technology and a level of civilization far more advanced than our own, yet the world still functions like a pre-industrial society, with small settlements separated by vast, uncharted expanses of wilderness filled with wild beasts and roving bandits, and characters still using medieval weaponry. What is the point of going with a futuristic setting if it's functionally and thematically identical to a medieval fantasy world?

i love how there are actualy lots of people who play arcanum
one of my boys

Attached: Arcanum -.jpg (1636x1035, 827K)

>i love how there are actualy lots of people who play arcanum
I'm pretty sure it's because a popular e-celeb made a video semi recently user.

That's pretty much a classic trope in jRPGs inspired by (or copying) the FF formula. A mix of Magitech and early-18th century society.
Ironically, I think that one might be inflicted by westerners. The Wizardry series often had high tech (spaceships) in otherwise pre-industrial societies.

well, i have been seing arcanum memes or images in some constant for quite a long time now i know nothing about eceleb

Which one?

>I still have no idea what you were supposed to kill them with
Bring

What exactly is it about metallic armours that make them useless against firearms? Is there any modern-esque technology/metallurgy/whatever that could help mitigate these apparent flaws?

>Dodge this
Literally the most kino line a gunslinger can ever utter.

If I remember correctly, Arcanum was one of those cute games that allowed you to kill every single NPC on the worldmap and then use Necromancy to summon their ghosts and bully them into giving you necessary info. And most "raised" NPCs had unique dialogue reflecting that.
That's not to mention the obligatory "retard dialogue". Do kids nowadays even know what the "retard dialogue" even was?

>cast shield
>cast congeal time
>cast disarm
Your move

Wasn't it SsethTzeentach? He also did Bloodlines review recently, which was made by the same company suitably enough.

I think it happened the other way around, they started with technology (steampunk) and then added fantasy. The same way how Shadowrun is cyberpunk+fantasy.

You can probably do it in Grim Dawn too

DELET THIS

Attached: 600px-Warcraft04.jpg (600x246, 43K)

Yeah, Soldier and Demolitionist makes a Commando.

is that game good?

It's a gothic steampunk reskin of Titan Quest. You played Titan Quest, you played Grim Dawn. It's pretty decent overall Diabloesque hack and slash with a lot of customization - there are definately worse out there.

So how do I make Arcanum "just work" on modern PC?
I have it and it runs like shit.

Get a GOG version and apply the Unofficial Patch + Widescreen.
terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html
Technically, it should work on modern systems - preferably up to Win7. It might be a bit wonky on Win10.

Goodest of boys. Fuck the train.

Is there a must be a suitable sex?

I didn't play titan quest. is it a diablo clone?

Attached: serveimage52.jpg (600x299, 125K)

I guess so? I've seen people claim that you can fuck her as a woman, but I call bullshit.
I tried that and she ignores me completely.

Shield

Attached: Blue-shield-02.png (640x400, 176K)

Yeah, pretty decent one at that - especially if you like ancient Greece. You have more freedom in picking your class and you can combine it with another. It's not exactly Diablo II, but it's fun.

>*gun breaks*

Can both >Dex and >Str agree, Fuck >int

Attached: 1567303612037.jpg (312x188, 11K)