So after just finishing all three series I can safely rank them

So after just finishing all three series I can safely rank them

Ace Attorney > Zero Escape > Danganronpa

I haven't actually played ZTD or DGS2

Attached: zeroescape.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.html
vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me it's the opposite order

A big factor for me is how long it takes. If I'm gonna listen to 30-40 hours of dialogue then it should be really good dialogue. VLR and Danganronpa were too long compared to how much time you actually need to tell that story. I just finished VLR and while I really liked it, not once in the 40 hours I played it did I chuckle out loud even though there were a lot of humor in it.

Best game in each series?
>Investigations 2
>999
>DR2
Hardly anything controversial

>I haven't actually played ZTD

Don't.

What game in the AA series would you recommend fren? I've finished danganronpa and want more shit like it, AA seems like a good series.

Not a hard choice. I'd personally pick VLR over 999, but it's close.

All of them. Some are worse than others but they are all worth playing.

Dude, fuck the Zero Escape franchise and fuck the author. All that shit was so fucking pointless

Just pretend 999 and VLR are separate universes considering how much VLR fucked up the setting and characters.

If you want something similar to DR I'd recommend Your Turn to Die.
vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.html
If you're interested in AA, start from the first game and play them in order.

First 3 make an excellent trilogy. Then there are the 2 fan-translated Investigations games that are actually very good. Then, if you want even more you could play the next three games (AJ, DD and SoJ) which almost feels like its own trilogy.

Every game has good and mediocre cases, but the games are never bad or a chore to play in my opinion. I wouldn't play the remaster, the new graphics look pretty bad when just copying pixel art.

But where does Your Turn to Die rank?

Attached: latest[1].png (500x624, 61K)

For me it's ZE > DR > AA
I really like AA, especially the original trilogy, but it's a little plain.

Attached: 1558230309561.jpg (1300x861, 393K)

I don't have to pretend, they are, theres been so many times theyve been killed and switched to a new version and followed that character until they got killed and it's all so tiring and stupid, the akane and junpei I came to root for are long gone by Zero Time Dilema

I fucked up the link, it's actually
vgperson.com/games/yourturntodie.htm

Trials and Tribulations
Ultra Despair Girls

>999 is canon
>VLR is canonically an alternate universe, so you can think of it as separate
>ZTD doesn't exist

This is how I accept things.

Play in order. When you finish the first trilogy, play the AAI series (you're going to have to emulate AAI2) then move onto the new trilogy (AJ, DD, SOJ)

>rooting for Akane and Junpei

Why? Akane's kind of a massive bitch after the first game and Junpei's a complete shithead in ZTD.

That game seems interesting! I'm gonna try out the first AA but ill check this out too fren

OP here. I'm definitely impressed with all three series for entirely different reasons. Danganronpa has an amazing style and a great blend between pleasant and uncomfortable, and I really like ZE's focus on theories and science. Ace Attorney is simple and plain, but then at least it doesn't need to try and come up with a shocking ending that turns everything on its head and potentially does more to frustrate than interest you.

I'm talking about their 999 selves who have obviously died by now, all we've seen are alternatives awful awful alternatives, the real ones are the ones we saw getting married without all that stupid shit.

THe author is a shithead you can't just make your series constantly dark and dark and more dark, thereh as to be some happiness so people give a shit, thanks to all that hopping for all we know even if the characters do get happy another version of them will jump into their reality and they'll be doomed to a brutal death that other self just escaped from like they just did, it's so fucking retarded, why care about anything when as far as we know as soon as they stop mister terrorist another version of them will leap to that reality and live out their hard fought happy life for them?!

I've never been so cheated and infuriated by 2 games before what the fuck kind of drugs was he on to write that shit? Let alone the biggest stupidity of the starve to death ending

Yeah, ZTD made it hard to care about the characters, because what does it fucking matter? The beginning of the game involves the characters winning the Decision Game and then they immediately get killed off by being forced to switch with another timeline.

Why should I care about what happens to any of these characters when an alternate version of them could just decide to throw them into a lethal situation at any time?

Exit/Corners is a better 999 sequel than anything that came afterwards.

What's the ETA on DGS2 translation. The first one was a lot better than Yea Forums lead me to believe and the second is supposed to be even better

10/10 taste.

Tempted to spoil ZTD for myself because I'll probably never play it but I don't know if I should

If the ending sucks below DR.

>Exit/Corners
>that art

Attached: 1549011918213.gif (372x340, 3.84M)

am i the only one who actually liked ztd? i found the zero reveal pure kino

for me it's ace attorney>danganronpa>zero escape
ZTD shit the bed so hard it ruined the series for me

I enjoy it now because of how stupid it is,but at the time I was pissed

Attached: 1562956831084.png (540x540, 281K)

Don't

good. never touch it. just interpret the ending of VLR however you want.i will say it is a fucking hilarious meme game though

I thought it was fine as a stand-alone title. It had a few clever puzzles and the jumbled amnesiac storytelling was an interesting idea. But it’s main purpose for existing was to wrap up the story that the first two games set up and it did a terrible job at that.

reminder that sigma is best boy

Is Danganronpa 3 worth playing? From the screencaps posted here it looks like it's just full of stupid memes

yes V3 is worth playing, completely fine as a danganronpa game. the ending just threw some people for a loop

Play ZTD, it might be less good but it's still a fun ride.

It's the best game in the series.

Yeah Zero Escape is literally only good because of 999. The rest are just bad.

Play it, it's the best in the series by far. Also Danganronpa 3 is an anime, V3 is the game.

Is the ending really as insulting as people say? It's all I ever hear about V3

They're low IQ as fuck. The ending is the best part.

>Dude stop asking me for DR
Wow such high IQ

People who dislike the ending of V3 just don't understand what it means.

it was just the best way to end this trilogy.

It's not high IQ or anything like the other retard said but it isn't insulting at all. I want to believe this is a meme like the celeste abortion shit and not someone people unironically think is true.

V3 or ZTD? Which one is hated more by its fanbase?

That's the problem with building up to something so grand, making the fanbase expect a good and logical ending with at least 6 twists. The ending to AA1 is just catching a killer and exposing corruption, possibly leaving you surprised but at the very least satisfied.

Especially with Danganronpa, I never understood why the writer felt the need to take story so far every time.