Magic The Gathering Arena

Admit it, you cried.

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (789x495, 854K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/t8g8
youtu.be/8mRgpPU2HFY
youtu.be/_oJB1bw4ch8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf did i just watch

I kept thinking it was some Candy Crash Clash of Clans bullshit, had no idea it was MtG

Someone at wizards browses Yea Forums and made this up as an elaborate maskpost

The only thing I'm crying for is the fuckers have warriors and knights be separate tribes meaning I can't use any of the new mardu knights shit in a warrior tribal EDH deck despite the playstyle of mardu knights and mardu warriors being exactly the same.

STRONG GINGERBREADWOMEN

youtubedoubler.com/t8g8

>he never lived long enough to jack off with her hand against her will

It's SHIT
>parasitic food token mechanic
SHIT
>adventure sorcery, where either the creature is going to be overcosted or the sorcery part will be
SHIT
>equips matters implying we're getting good artifact equips again
SHIT
>there won't be bitterblossom reprint
S H I T

based epic wins again

Attached: 1567272936925.png (228x221, 115K)

it's worth getting into MTG in 2019?

What is it?

>parasitic

fuck off retard

>A mechanic is considered parasitic when it only interacts with other things in a particular set rather than the rest of Magic. Examples are horsemanship and splice.
Get fucked, apologist. That's exactly what the food mechanic is.

No, the game has been shit since the late 90's. It's all a shameless cash grab pandering to collectorfags. Sets are made with 0 balance in mind, just printing broken shit at the highest rarity slots endlessly to make people buy dozens of boxes just to get a play set and spiking prices for absolutely vital cards to $100+ per single.

I'm still kind of pissed Garruk didn't pick the gingerbread man up at the end and be like "Jace! I finally found you!"

It feels like I’m playing Hearthstone again desu, kinda sucks.

Also the cards look super weak

>old magic
>3 rarity tiers, broken shit printed all over the place, good variety of decks, answers to any problem printed at reasonable costs, good card stock, could build tournament worthy decks for around $100
>nu-magic
>4 rarity tiers, broken shit only in the highest rarity slot (mythic), foil chase card bullshit, enjoy spending 4+ mana to kill broken ass 3 mana creatures that literally do 5 things when spells cost more and do 1, card stock is like toilet paper, better be packing a solid $1,000 to build a single tourny worthy deck, which will be outdated in 3 months and require a whole new deck

Go back hearthstone Blizzcuck, the men are talking

No one would ever touch the YGO-tier trash that is that Blizz shit, fuck off. Magic was once good, now it's shit, and has been shit for almost 20 years now.

this is literally just reskinned lorwyn but retarded

is it me, or its easier to get decks in arena by investing little to nothing in the game but your time

>spiking prices for absolutely vital cards to $100+ per single.
The last time this happened for a standard set it was in Magic Origins. Don't get me wrong, standard has been ass, but there's plenty of valid reasons to point out why rather than making dumb factually wrong exaggerations that just weaken your stance.

>equipment
>lore-centered block
>confusing and parasitic mechanics out the ass
Kamigawa 2.0.

can I play arcane signet in standard? will it produce no mana cause I dont have a commander?

>arena
standardpleb

how does the adventure sorcery works?

>even with gingerbread characters, WotC feels the need to push the "womyn stronk" narrative
why? i just want to fling some spells at some other dude, and maybe fling a creature every now and again too. why do they think i care about Planeswalker Cinematic Universe or "diversity quota" bullshit?

I doubt it's legal in standard but if it is then yeah it would produce and do nothing.

Bascially

NOT MY GUMDROP BUTTONS

>bitterblossom reprint
you'll play your Dreadhorde Invasion and you'll like it, whether you like it or not

Honestly just felt bad about the direction magic is going while i watched it.

that's the case for all gacha games.

which other MTG game has a populated multiplayer mode and is free to play with no need to buy cards?

SOMEBODY

Attached: 971BABD5-4E4C-46F6-BD05-8DAFC92829E2.png (216x298, 102K)

I don't think that the food mechanic is parasitic. Since it's some added bonus - either something to sacrifice for something else, or por itself - to some card, I'm ok.
But I still wish investigate got more stuff printed. Specially in white and red. Ya know, mah boros EDH need some sugar.

>I LOVE YOU BAAABY

Yeah I dont get the standard hate considering Arena is basically free and it’s a pretty good experience overall.

Meanwhile modern games are over by turn 3, half decent decks cost +$500, shit gets banned or never reprinted, and requires huge time investment to learn about all the cards.

>being WotC paypig
>calling anyone else a pleb
embarassing

youtu.be/8mRgpPU2HFY

creatures with adventure spells are split spells but you can cast one half of them after another but not the other way
>cast the creature half any time you can summon creatures if it's in your hand or in exile
>cast the adventure half to put the card into exile and do the spell effect
for example pic related. you either use 1/1 tokens from somewhere else to let the creature half attack, OR use the adventure half for the 1/1 then cast the creature half

Attached: lovestruckbeast good art.jpg (265x370, 52K)

you can either play the creature, or you can play the sorcery which exiles the card and lets you cast the creature for as long as it remains exiled

the trick is that usually the adventure is more expensive than the creature or more situational, so you don't just automatically cast the sorcery and then the creature every time

>>parasitic food token mechanic
it's not parasitic, only a single card does something with the food tokens and it can produce them by itself

to add on to that post, depending on your deck and how you play it that card is either a 5/5 + 1/1 for 2GG, OR a 5/5 for 3 that can't attack unless you have other 1/1's like saprolings or eldrazi scions or whatever

Where are my spoilers REEEE

>cast the creature half any time you can summon creatures if it's in your hand or in exile

That's actually wrong. You can cast it from exile only if it was sent there due to the adventure half putting it there. If it goes to exile any other way you can not cast it.

for me it was just the endless grind that i hated, but that was before they reworked the reward system. haven't tried since then cause my favorite cards are way past rotated out. RIP in piss sweet prince

Attached: the MVP.jpg (672x936, 234K)

I don't mind what standard does since I almost never play that format, but WotC trying to modern into Standard Plus really pisses me off. I'm scared that they'll try to do the same thing to Legacy.

>artifacts matter, sac fodder and lifegain interactions have never happend outside of ELD and will never happen again

Sure, balance ain't great of late particularly because of planes walkers but it's still good fun.

Only edh

Have a more complete one
youtu.be/_oJB1bw4ch8

Do you know... the muffin man?

IMHO food is just a bit more parasitic than Investigate/clues were in Shadows over Innistriad, since it's basically the same thing but instead of 1 card you get 3 life; but at the same time Golden Egg is a food artifact, and if you have the Goose you can feed him foods to get mana of any color, and who knows how much support they'll add in on top

>splice
only the Arcane variant. if it was "splice onto instant" or "splice onto tribal" then it'd be fine

SOME

Attached: Door.png (1286x542, 1.13M)

BODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME

Attached: Garruk.png (1282x541, 997K)

there's no way they were reprinting bb when they printed dreadhorde invasion two sets ago.

also the adventure mechanic seems really strong. historically speaking, versatility has usually more than made up for overcosts (see:cryptic command) and this is usually implemented in the form of split cards where you choose one or the other whereas adventures you can play both, provided you play the adventure first. it seems like a mechanic with potential for completely broken cards but they will probably nerf all cards with it into the ground, especially because we are in a downslope set in regards to power level.

I still think theres going to be one adventure card they will have completely underestimate that will be just silly in standard

>best, most broken cards are only at mythic

that's completely false. If anything, mythic has been severy plagued by timmy jank for several sets now, apart from the pushed walkers. All the cornerstines of the current standard and the standard to com are at rare or lower.

>t3feri
>field of the dead
>runaway steamkin
>knight of the ebon legion
>nissa worldshaker
>risen reef
>narset
>ambusher
>golos
>maw of flames

Cool bro now what about the prices of that shit?

>he played merfolk

good fucking riddance. merfolk were a plague at the beginning when arena was blowing up. It ruined the tribe for me forever when it is probably a cool archetype historically.

Movin them goalposts.

I really like the art in MTG cards but the game itself doesnt seem that appealing.

the only bad thing about this set is that most of the cool cards are gonna be uncommons or higher in rarity, meaning their price will be higher than it should be because of artificial scarcity. why can't WotC just not print bad "draft chaff" cards? why not have a draft set where even the commons are strong?

no card other than teferi on that list is over 5 bucks, and i'm pretty sure they are actually all under 3, and teferi is around 20, which is actually not that bad for the most ezpensive card in standard.

If you are talking about mythics, then yeah there's quite a bit of them above 10 bucks, but that usually just because of their scarcity, most aren't even that good, and there's tons of them, I feel like the majority even, below 3 as well

MuH urza tower MuH affinity deck MuH fetchland ls
Fuck off I don't Wana spend 500 to shit on a person in a standard event I want to spend 25 for prerelase and sometimes 100 to play draft or commander with friends

LOL boxes cost $100 dollars and it's expensive to buy old useful cards.

Fucking hell

i played them because they were simple and had a good enough preconstructed deck you get for free, which my dumb head really appreciates.

Attached: i have autism.jpg (403x433, 25K)

Because you won't spend thousands chasing the good cards if they don't fill sets with useless trash that isn't even useful as toilet paper, which is a real feat in and of itself given the card stock these days is about as tough as toilet paper.

Play pauper.

that was why it was so cancerous. it was by far the best precon deck and absolutely dumpsered most jank people tried out. merfolk probably created a ton of fucktards that now refuse to be creatibe and just play whatever netdeck has the highes win%.

I now don't resent it as much. i actually feel bad for my opponent whenever I see them ricking merfolk cause they probably get fucking destroued on the regular now. Not gonna lie though, I feel pretty good whenever I blow up their board on turn 3 or 4.

>pauper
>when the new rarity power level rules mean all commons will be trash or almost trash
i wanna play Magic: the Gathering, a game of powerful wizards dueling it out, not Apprentice: the Gathering, a game of sissies with enchantile dysfunction eating master's cum-stained breadcrumbs off the dirty floor

>unironic fairytale mtg set

what the fuck wotc

Attached: 1567583476556.png (574x640, 315K)

Play cube draft, fuck 60 card formats

They've been riding out their shit attempt at a MCU for the past 4 years, literally anything that doesn't have Chandra, Jace, Liliana, or Nissa in it is good at this point.

they're gonna find a way to fit them there somehow, don't worry

>playing a SJW game

How does /Pol/ always manage to be right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190905-203215.jpg (720x1440, 293K)

If you are gonna be calling anything about the set sjw I would be looking at the new lore surrounding garuck which is a blatant attempt to apologise for triumph of ferocity.

_ ____ ____ ___ _______________

Oh fuck, what did they do. Is he no longer hunting the most dangerous game?

He got mindraped by a twink into being a gay puppy play slave, but it's ok because Garruk actually wanted it on some level.

How do you fuck up Garruck? He is such a simple character. I shouldn't have wished for him to return.

Attached: original-533637-1.jpg (306x350, 26K)

This will probably be a fun set with weak cards like unstable was.Might be neat. I just want wizards to fire everyone and start over. Their R & D are actual apes

No he didn't.

Attached: 1559264102877.png (900x676, 410K)

No, that's pretty much the long and short of Oko enthralling him as Dog

HE DIDN'T.

Attached: 1561197511021.jpg (600x437, 172K)

He got mindraped into a submissive slave to get rid of all that toxic masculinity.

Didn't care until motherfucking Garruk busts through the door, then I was really happy

>6 mana walker
Unplayable.

Attached: eld-270-garruk-cursed-huntsman.jpg (672x936, 103K)