Am I the only one disappointed by this stage? It’s basically one platform and it has a bland realistic look to it...

Am I the only one disappointed by this stage? It’s basically one platform and it has a bland realistic look to it, it’s the most iconic place in Banjo Kazooie, but I don’t feel like it captures the charm.

Attached: 8F7B5EF2-6E2D-4F1C-A67A-2FC5C54E3D77.jpg (300x169, 16K)

It looks beautiful design wise but i get what your saying. It isnt big and the gimmick is just: The background changes and some platforms appear.
I feel as though all the dlc stage revealed have all been on the lazy side of things Just one major platform with some small platforms randomly placed around.

you can walk on the spiral part on the sides that moves around

Yeah Joker’s should have been a palace, Mementos is the worst part of the game

I get sick from the spinning. Hurts my eyes.

It's way too desaturated. Almost looks like they just reused textures from other stages.

I prefer the smaller, simpler stages. When they get bigger or more complex we end up with shit like Great Cave Offensive or Palutena's Temple. Give me Battlefield with one gimmick on top any day of the week, please.

Yeah but it doesn’t even look that good. Why is Ultimate so washed out

Attached: 698AF59E-05E1-4F80-8D61-E307BB211293.png (1024x764, 879K)

Nope, not the only one. In addition to being featureless, it’s a little disappointing that all the stages these days are the first major areas. I mean I get it, it’s the part that the greatest number of people who ever touched the game actually played, not to mention iconic since games are frontloaded to hook players, but it has the effect of just feeling more like a set piece than actually being there.

I miss when we got stages like Brinstar or Great Bay that came right in the middle of the game and made you really feel like you were in the game world. Hell, even if Great Bay was a rushed asset flip it had the consequence of being a really authentic stage in which you were really there instead of arbitrary platforms in front of a backdrop or trying to do too much at once a la Skyloft (like please just pick one of those areas because individually some are pretty good and it’s worth losing the rest to really let the best one breathe) or the last two stages (here we’ll show you everything there is to see at the expense of actual stage design).

Banjo is a really well-done inclusion but I am definitely let down by what could have been a great stage if they went with something in medias res or at least just picked some part of Spiral Mountain and ran with it like they did in Melee.

I agree with the general sentiment but they’re overcompensating. No need for featureless stage with a gimmick and a background, give me a part of a stage with a dynamic platform layout that isn’t too large or invasive and roll with it

kill yourself you retarded faggot

I've always thought about this, that it seems to be the first stage always. How many grass worlds can they make goddamn stages out of? DKC has stages in ice caves, lava fields, beehives, theme parks - but nope, always gotta be Jungle Hijinx. I had an unrealistic hope that they could've gone with Witchyworld for the stage instead, I think it would've been cool.

It’s basically a small platform that rotates. Worst stage ever out of the three DLC fighters. So much could have been done...

In an alternate universe, Gang-Plank Galleon, Fear Factory, and Zinger Hive are stages in Smash.

Oh im not saying the smaller stages are bad, im just saying that their just feel uninspired. I also dont want a huge map like those mentioned but something more unique like the windwaker tropical ship, reset bomb forest (a shapeshifting stage would have been perfect for banjo, showcasing the different worlds explored) and the like

P5’s was kino.

I'm disappointed that there was no conversation cameo included.

I really wanted Grunty rhymes.

>its time for pit/darkpit and palutena.
>Palutena and viridi appear and beacially argue with gruntilda.

Would have been so great.

Smash in general hasn't had real good stages since melee. Not enough of them are good "recreations" of game areas. Too many are "here's some assets from another game and some platforms".

I can very much understand wanting more variety. Mario levels in particular have redone world 1 so much while ignoring some really neat later levels like Bowser's Castle or an SMB3-style airship stage.
I do think Smash has a bit of a problem with stages that try to do too much though, like Wily's Castle. Usually less is more, so you can focus on the match. I'd say stages like Mii Apartments, Fourside, and those are the best at striking a balance.

Attached: 1560284979944.png (666x1225, 80K)

the series lost its whole identity, it's disney plastic now

Its from nuts and bolts.
Let that sink in

I can agree with this for the most part, though Brawl had some good stages like Yoshi's Island or Luigi's Mansion. Smash 4 stages needed to rely on some trash gimmick for some reason CONSTANTLY, like the stupid gold coins or whatever.

so basically it’s soulless?

I really like the Battlefield and Omega versions.

Like Grunty has any right to criticize Bayonetta's clothes, look at her outfit in the game over screen. Do you think Grunty would have remodeled the entrance to her lair if she had won?

Yeah I'm not saying they're ALL bad. It's just some are pretty lazy. Every time they add a stage that's just platforms flying around a background I roll my eyes.

I feel like the worst one is Sonic, Green Hill Zone AND Windy Hill Zone are truly exactly the fucking same. There are so many more interesting Sonic levels they could have used.

don't worry user I got one for you.

seaside hill zone

Windy Hill should have been replaced with Studiopolis.

No one cares about Windy Hill.

Attached: 1543602565977.png (490x452, 40K)

You aren’t playing in mementos so much as you are playing on p5 ui design

But that would mean that Sonic Team would have to admit that Mania is better than their games.

They basically have, they very prominently announced that Mania has the best metacritic score the series has seen in like fifteen years.

Gruntilda bouncing around is amazing, she's pretty much perfect, nice cartoony style and cartoony animation.
But yeah the stage itself isn't that great, also I hate moving stages overall.

the rotating effect is so nauseating lmao

Oh yeah, the lair is also what I would expect from a remake too.

This. Everything is so muted. Yeah the geometry resembles the original, but the direction in the material work leaves a lot to be desired. It's not bad on a technical level, it just doesn't match what I'd expect a modern rendition to look like. I'd have expected something more like Yuka Laylee.

Yeah agreed.

On the plus side, all of the new music is fantastic.

Hey, we got Studiopolis's theme.

I am currently binging on said music. Was kinda miffed when i heard grant only did one and it wasnt even the main theme however after listening to them i retract my disapointment, the remix guys did a swell job.(apart from the klungo one which i just didnt like)

Fav being either treasure trove or the main theme.

I would rather the team focus on interesting characters than interesting stages.
Too bad Banjo failed at both

Disappointing that those japs couldn't trust Kirkhope to do more than one remix. As for the stage, consider Smash uses pits to limit fighting and we'll go down the list of possible stages:

1. Mumbo's Mountain: only the termite mound would work and that's even smaller.
2. Treasure Trove Cove: maybe one of the arches but that's too close to the ground. The top with the lighthouse is kind of boring.
3. Clanker's Cavern: no high areas. Ugly too.
4. Bubblegloop Swamp: maybe the path in the middle but it's so uneven.
5. Freezeezy Peak has the top of the snowman but it's too big and tilted. Scarf could work but it's uneven.
6. Gobi's Valley: no high areas
7. Rusty Bucket Bay: too long
8. Mad Monster Mansion: basically the Castlevania stage
9. Click Clock Wood: the tree house area but you either see a tree trunk or a forest in the background, not as iconic.
10. Grunty's lair: too claustrophobic except Grunty's Furnace Fun, which would be cool to play if Grunty barks questions at you.

Forget the sequels, they wouldn't do those stages.
So overall the choice of SM is reasonable.