So we can all agree Doomguy will never be in Smash?

So we can all agree Doomguy will never be in Smash?

I mean why the fuck would Japanese execs at Nintendo even greenlight him as a character if they don't know who he is?

Attached: 1542655021050.png (800x700, 764K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
doomwiki.org/wiki/Japanese_Community_Project
sourcegaming.info/2016/12/16/the-substantial-barrier-of-aaa-games-sakurai-col-514/
sourcegaming.info/2017/07/12/feelofamericangames/
twitter.com/The1WithStrings/status/1169287362213494784
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So we can all agree Banjo will never be in Smash?

I mean why the fuck would Japanese execs at Nintendo even greenlight him as a character if they don't know who he is?

>BUT BANJO
Japan knows and loves Banjo.
Unlike your generic gun guy who doesn't have an actual name.
His game never sold well in Japan and Banjo-Kazooie alone outsells the entire Doom franchise sales in Japan.
Doomguy? Fucking really? Like that shit will ever appear on the character select screen.

To be fair Banjo was a basically first party title at one point, the japs don't know him angle doesnt work here

I wouldn't count anyone out when it comes to this smash. Once Sakurai confirmed more DLC characters everyone's chances skyrocketed.

Otis is a fucking tranny

Anyone have Otis' reaction to more characters being announced? If he had one?

Doomguys chances increased in my eyes after seeing Pete Hines show up personally to announce doom 64. It seems like Bethesda and Nintendo have a really strong relationship right now.

>Sakurai mentioned Persona 5
>Sakurai mentioned Dragon Quest
>Sakurai mentioned Banjo Kazooie
>Sakurai mentioned KoF
>Sakurai mentioned Doom

>>Sakurai mentioned Doom
This shitty argument again.
He only namedropped John Carmack.
"Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well. As a generation, a lot of us were directly impacted by the dawn of the PC and the home gaming console."
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
>b-b-BUT DOOM!!!!!!
"No!"

John Carmack's name is associated with Wolfenstein 3D in mass media.
Interviews, documentaries, articles. All Wolfenstein 3D.
If Japan knows Carmack, it's for Wolfenstein 3D.
Only in America DOOM mattered, and even then, Wolfenstein 3D is the game that fathered all FPS games, not DOOM.

There's a slight problem with that... That Bethesda announcement was skipped from Japan's Nintendo Direct.

I'm a Doombro, but that exclusion from Japan is giving me the chills.

Doom Eternal is still being released in Japan, though.

Otis is the logic man, not the anti-man.
He plays devils advocate for reasonings with no standings.
He doesn’t do it because he hates X character. He hates X character because the following they gather is filled with illogical hype monkeys looking for anything to validate their inclusions.

>Japan doesn't know what Doom is
doomwiki.org/wiki/Japanese_Community_Project

Attached: 320px-Jpcp-tittle-screen.png (320x240, 139K)

One single megawad is your fucking argument?
It's a niche ass fuck community in Japan.

>John Carmack's name is associated with Wolfenstein 3D in mass media.

What the fuck, no it isn't. Nobody actually really cares that much about Wolfenstein 3D. Even back in the day it was seen as an albeit cool, but very limited tech demo. Doom was the first FPS that actually became a cultural phenomenon. John Carmack is most known for Doom and Quake. Who made this retarded copy pasta?

I'd like him in a lot, I think he certainly deserves the spot for Doom's revolutionary FPS shit, and I like the games. He'd be a unique, fun character.
But I do think that most of the proof Doomfags find for his inclusion is coincidences and hearsay.

Also:

>Doom 64 is being released in November (Probably for America only)
>Doom Eternal releases November as well (Worldwide)
>Terry probably fully finished and ready to launch in November (Another Direct in November, pretty much)

Having Doomguy ready by that time is no brainer as a special extra for us Doombros.

>Coincidences

For a Western candidate for Smash, it is perhaps the ONLY candidate who has gotten this much attention for that alone. Who else has had gotten more coincidences than him or the same amount?

That should give the Hell Walker a pass to Smash.

Downplaying the Doom Slayer as a never ever is getting a bit old and a virgin choice by now.

>Japanese execs don't know who he is

Sakurai: Yes (laughs). If you pull up a list of game designers born in 1970, there’s quite a few big names: Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta),Fumito Ueda (ICO), Yoko Taro (NieR series), Jin Fujisawa and Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X), Chiyomaru Shikura (Steins;Gate), and the late Kenji Eno (D and others). '''Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well.'''

Attached: kr_450.gif (245x180, 438K)

Ever since its conception Doom has always overshadowed Wolfenstein. Just look at how little people give a shit about Wolfenstein now that Doom is back. I mean sure, it doesn't help that The New Colossus and Youngbloods kinda suck ass, but Wolfenstein has always just been a "holdover game" until Doom. Sad but it's true.

Honestly at this point, any vidya character can get into smash one way or another just as long as they aren't a Playstation-owned character like Kratos or Sackboy.

Wowie, ports of old games and ports of nuDoom handled by a third party company.
Nintendo is not even remotely involved in its production other than paid advertisements.

Japan disagrees with you.
Even Wolfenstein the New Order outsold nuDoom over there.

Attached: 1550493995946.png (583x986, 234K)

Didn't Sakurai also say Smash is supposed to be a "celebration of videogames?"

Hey, what's the one HUGE genre of video games that hasn't even been represented yet?

I don't think he's a never ever, at all. I think Doomguy is by far one of the most likely DLC fighters. I just think Doomfags have been really reaching, like with the HUGO GASPED WHEN THEY SAID SMASH shit.
The reason he's likely is because he's one of the most influential game characters ever, from one of the most influential games ever, who is currently owned by a company that is porting every one of his games to Switch.
Still, it took 5 games for K. Rool to be released despite having been a no-brainer since Melee, so I just don't want Doom fans to get their hopes up if it ends up being nothing.

>Still no Persona 5 on Switch
>Still no B&K or Rare Replay on the Switch (prease buy Xbox Gaijins)
>Still no Fatal Fury or KoF for the Switch
Stop with these shitty tired arguments.

user, they announced there will be characters after the fifth one. Doomguy is definitely getting in, there isn't a limit to the number of characters anymore.

>'''Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well.'''
Wolfenstein 3D.

Retail sales or Retail + Digital sales?

If I recall, Bayonetta 2 also did poorly in sales as well. And everyone was expecting the game to sell well in the East.

>Didn't Sakurai also say Smash is supposed to be a "celebration of videogames?"
Celebration of Japanese video games.
The entire pass so far pandered to the Japanese, and there's no signs of it stopping.
Reminder that Sakurai will always put Japanese interest over the west's demands.
sourcegaming.info/2016/12/16/the-substantial-barrier-of-aaa-games-sakurai-col-514/

Attached: 1542626465280.png (996x621, 260K)

It doesn't really matter because the Japs overwhelmingly buy physical over digital.

>Hey, what's the one HUGE genre of video games that hasn't even been represented yet?
RTS

>Reminder that Sakurai will always put Japanese interest over the west's demands.
He put Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo in because of the west's requests.

Mobile Gacha.
Battle Royale.
MOBA.

Banjo, despite being relatively popular in Japan, was clearly a "pandering to the West" character, considering Sakurai fucking said that himself.
>Sakurai will always
If you ever try to predict what Sakurai will do, you're a braindead moron. Fucking Sans is in the game now, quit acting like you can predict where Smash is going next.

He's in... your mind.

Attached: Yuri_red_alert.jpg (1541x964, 377K)

>Father of FPS's

I don't see Wolfenstein only there pally.

>not Kane

Don't forget Little Mac

>Ridley, K. Rool and Little Mac.
Nintendo properties are easy to put in.
>Banjo
Formerly a first party N64 character, Japan overwhelmingly wanted him in.

Undertale has a cult following in Japan.
All Jap devs suck Toby's dick there.

Attached: 1565529095294.png (459x480, 151K)

Yo, that's PS4 sales, you moron.
Sure, base yourself on just one device, no?
Loving how the anti-doomfags make their own rules to say a certain char can't get in, for some reason.
Watch him getting in later, and tell me more about your rules, lmao.

With how buddy buddy Bethesda is getting with Nintendo it's really hard not to think some kind of deal was made for Smash. Pete Hines, the guy who said Bethesda spoke to Nintendo about Smash was even presenting Doom 64 even though it was totally unnecessary for him to. It feels like it's just a matter of time now. If he ain't the last fighter of this pass he'll most likely be one of the new characters cooking up. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main reasons they got more fighters on the way is because Bethesda did a shit ton of begging to get Doomguy in.

Echo fighter. I don't know how the hell you make a moveset with Kane since he's more of master manipulator than a fighter while Yuri has psionic powers.

You wanted Switch sales too?

Attached: 1553420816399.png (560x319, 88K)

>Ridley will never get in! He's too big!
>King K. Rool will never get in! He's irrelevant and even Nintendo won't use him!
>Banjo will never get in! He's on a competitor's platform and is a literally who?
You fuckers just never learn, do you?

Attached: you win a beating.jpg (640x395, 38K)

Bub, Sakurai tried to scape goat out of Ridley for the longest time by saying he was too tall to walk around with. He specifically stated that the Western audience was the reason he put him in.

And now in a recent interview he said he'd love to put more western fan requested characters in. Your argument method is exact way those character you're listing were argued against until they were finally revealed.

3 relatively new genres that aren't nearly as historic and huge as FPS games have been for a long time.

You misunderstand my point, which is every fucking time you idiots try to predict Smash and apply constraints to who can and can't get in you get BTFO every goddamned time.
>no third party characters
>Snake, Sonic
>no realistic guns
>Joker
>no mooks
>Piranha Plant
>no irrelevant characters
>King K. Rool
>no primarily Western characters
>King K. Rool, Little Mac, Banjo-Kazooie
>no non-Nintendo affiliated characters
>Joker
>Smash 4 characters will get cut
>Smash Ultimate
Quit acting like you know what they'll do next, you'll get curbstomped like you do every time.

BUT DOOM 64 WAS ANNOUNCED FOR SWITCH! IT'S A SIGN!

IT'S
A
SIGN

Attached: AAAAAHHHHH.webm (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Don't worry, Overwatch will rep the FPS genre.

With a fighter:
Puzzle Games
Shumps
Indie Games
Survival
Flash
Horror
Table Top
Card
Rhythm
Team Multiplayer
Tycoon
Mobile
Tower Defense
Rouge-Like
Dungeon Crawler
Gacha
Farming
Point-and-click
RTS
Text Adventures
Parody
Joke
Open World*
FPS*
*Link getting a New skin and Samus getting an Echo

>Project
Exactly.

Attached: Dave.png (2048x1776, 2.25M)

And people keep throwing around the "it's too gory" argument even though Bayonetta does finishers that are honestly more fucked up than what Doomguy does. Doomguy at least kills his enemies fast and doesn't literally torture and sexually humiliate them.

See If anything, Doom being on the Switch deconfirms Doomguy.

So, literally zero sales if there's no sale record? Lol, that would be too hard to believe.
I'd wait for an update and see how things are faring first.

ah, rouge-likes, my favourite genre

Attached: Rouge-The-Bat-rouge-the-sexy-bat-40564995-960-1100.png (960x1100, 362K)

>Marty hesitating
Both men were tired and I guarantee you could probably find similar "hesitation" in the interview for pretty much anything
>Sakurai's comment
Sakurai loves video games and understands history
What a shocker
>More surprises for Nintendo fans
Could've easily meant the recent ports
Its Pete Hines of course he'd think that'd be hype inducing
>"Oh yeah"
Could've been Bethesda/Hines approaching Nintendo and them saying no or not even bothering to answer. Also the interviewer asked if Pete Hines specifically talked to Nintendo about it and he said those conversations don't necessarily happen with him.
>Hugo turning his head quickly
Could've just been him waiting for Marty to finish
>Marty clasping his cheeks after finishing
He does that numerous times throughout the interview
He just does it to prepare for the next question
>Mick Gordon not specifying the Heavy Metal Choir to be Doom Eternal but Doom related still
A vlog from one of the performers indicates that at the very least, she thinks it was for Eternal
And while the pitch was done in January (the same month Grant Kirkhope was contacted) it doesn't line up with Sakurai's comment that Grant was the first western composer he's worked with unless he also means he worked with Gordon at the same time.

Do I want Doomguy in?
Yes
Is he as likely as people say he is?
No

Attached: 1567277349162.png (528x501, 293K)

Normally it wouldn't, but Pete Hines being the one to present it instead of just letting the direct narrator do it does raise an eyebrow.

>don't know who he is?
Now this is some delusion.

>Being on Switch deconfirms X char.

Oh, goodie. More rules pulled from the ass. How predictable.

Man. I sure do love playing Persona, B&K, Fatal Fury, and KoF on my Switch.

Literally only 1/4th of a character has a game on the Switch. The remaining 3.75 characters are not on the Switch at all.

Yeah but it's also one of the few things they skipped over for Japan. If they really wanted to ingratiate Doomguy for Smash they'd at least make an attempt to get Japs to know what it is.

Doom 64 didn't even appear on the Japanese Direct, and that should tell you something.

Fatal Fury and King of Fighters are both on Switch, tardo.

Exactly what, Dave? WHAT'S SO FUCKING FUNNY, DAVE?

>John Carmack's name is associated with Wolfenstein 3D in mass media.

Smashfags really need to stop pretending to know what the fuck they're talking about. This is so fucking stupid, it smells like genuine bait but you can only read this shit in awe because he genuinely believes what he typed.

That does increase doubt, true. Maybe it could have something to do with Doom 64 originally being censored in Japan?

I’m a doomfag and all I’m gonna day is it’s retarded to try and find evidence for or against him. You can want him in, or you can want him to stay out, that doesn’t matter. If he gets in, he gets in. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. Oh well. Whatever happens, happens.

Attached: 336DE79F-706A-4F34-9A4D-DD53602C2A81.jpg (515x1024, 88K)

It's really embarrassing how ignorant they can be. Even back in its time Wolfenstein 3D was kind of just a novelty game while Doom made everybody go "OH SHIT! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!"

Perhaps censored, or being negotiated.

Doom Eternal is far more gorier than Doom 64 and still going to be released in Japan as well. It has even Japanese voice over, lol.

Doesn't mean shit, since we are probably not getting stuff from Japan as well...

Didn't we get Mother 3 and still Lucas appeared?

I expect nothing but I'll continue to meme this character on the off-chance Nintendo goes with him as a popular pick.

wolf has always been the senile grandfather, not the father

Actual fucking zoomers.
Wolfenstein 3D was fucking huge at the time of its release.

The issue with "being close" doesn't mean shit when Ubisoft didn't get a character and Rayman is already spirit'd
Ubisoft and Nintendo are far more closer

Plus it’s Japan, they know almost nothing of FPS games, so they probably won’t even realize how important doom is and go with a FPS series none of us hear off.

C'mon... Who else for a gunner character than the actual father of FPS? Downgrading him to a Mii Gunner would be a clear insult to his memory.

If he uses an ammo gimmick, this is the perfect guy for it. Changing weapons like you change spells with Hero would be amazing to try, no RNG involved so it's fair game. Ammo probably cannot be recovered like Banjo-Kazooie's golden feather move.

Exactly. This is the main reason it's so retarded when people complain about wanting an "unrealistic" character so hard since publicly voicing how much you want a character is one of the biggest thing that gets that character in.

Doomguy actually might even be the most requested character now. If he isn't the last character in this pass then it'll be time to push harder than ever. Sorry anti-doomfags!

but doom and quake were huger

Here's the thing, though. Ubisoft might have been reached, but Ubisoft said no.

Maybe no as a fully fledged fighter, but yes as a spirit sticker or assist.

Other companies could do the same thing as well.

Cope, doomnigger

>Maybe no as a fully fledged fighter, but yes as a spirit sticker or assist.
But Reggie said no company has turned them down and the baguettes would be eager to have a playable fighter in Smash

>Ubisoft and Nintendo are far more closer
This.
We're absolutely getting a Ubisoft rep first before a Bethesda rep.
Wouldn't even be remotely surprised if the Rabbids ended up being the last fighter.

Attached: 1540941952506.png (1600x800, 2.21M)

it better be

Not my problem if you were caught in bullshit.
Continue making flagposts. Seethe.

I was thinking this too but
>Duck Hunt
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Pokemon Trainer
>Mii Fighter
It wouldn't be a first.

It was a huge revolution in technology sure, but Doom was huge culturally as well as technologically. Wolfenstein wasn't the game that was killing workplace productivity across America and installed on more computers than windows 95.

>Sakurai tweeted Human Revolution once
Yeah rip.

Attached: 1563410488247.png (1080x600, 383K)

>Duck Hunt
Pack-in title with the NES.
>Wii Fit Trainer
Wii Fit surprisingly sold incredibly well.
>Pokemon Trainer
>Pokemon
>Mii Fighter
People wanted to use their Mii since Brawl.

Or even Rayman... Who knows?
Ubisoft might not have had time to make a fully fledged fighter, and we don't even know what requirements a company needs to have a Smash character in.

Could be the need to go to Japan and see Sakurai and his team and negotiate terms.

I'm bullshitting here, but no one knows the process...

>Sakurai wrote a Famitsu column on Dark Souls before
confirmed

Attached: ds3.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

Actual fucking retard.

Doom was leaps and bound bigger than Wolfenstein 3D EVER was. It's literally the face of the company and its main developers, including Carmack.

Unironically a better choice over Doom.

This emo over J. C. Denton?
You have poor tastes.

Attached: 1531161424121.jpg (290x400, 13K)

Seething doomfags

See what happens when you argue with retarded people?

They'll continue making their own rules to prove you wrong whenever you use the most basic sense of logic, while have no fucking idea themselves about how Smash Bros. works on how they implement main characters.

I'd take JC Denton any day actually but he technically hasn't been on Nintendo yet

Attached: 1555641467690.png (900x900, 272K)

We're talking names. He said Doom Guy doesn't even have a name, well neither do those fighters.
Also, Doom just got a port of 64 to the switch and the recent Doom games also sold well.

This. Rosterfags and BTFOfags need to just stop.

>that antidoomnigger replying to me
ew

Attached: 1560984060132.png (500x375, 335K)

>Sakurai wrote and article about Half-Life and Halo 2 once
I'm thinking he's basically in

Attached: 190904_HALO-15_c.jpg (533x800, 99K)

Fuck, the only Wolfenstein game id Software ever made was 3D. Wolfenstein pretty much isn't even and id software game anymore as its been made by other developers since, which goes to show you how little they actually still care about it.

Sorry, Microsoft Rep was taken. Assuming 1 char per Rep, he is unlikely.

Once this rule is broken by any other Rep, chances for Chief should increase.

Tbh if we get a Valve character I'd rather have it be TF2

Don't lump in based Van with your shitty zoomer game

It really is true that Smashfags outright invent restrictions to fit their own retarded narrative. This community became a fucking joke. We used to be hyped about the possibilities of these guys being in, now we just shitpost because they didn't grow with the game or whatever.

To be fair a ton of Neo Geo stuff got ported to the switch including KoF, and XIV/SamSho are coming

>Once this rule is broken
It's a fan rule, there is no actual statement or precedent set. The best you could say is Smash 4 but that was the only other time Smash ever had DLC and one time does not actually set a precedent.

I'll laugh my ass off if Rayman isn't in because amiibo

Id Software wouldn't fucking dare let another developer make a mainline Doom game again. Even Quake had a numbered sequel made by another developer and Quake Champions was also made by another developer. Doom will always be the company's "face."

Doom was a cultural phenomenon, it was the Fortnite of the 90s. Microsoft regretted not being involved with the game's development. After it exploded, Bill Gates made a fucking commercial with a shotgun and included the game with their state of the art computers at the time.

Who's the complete fucking retard who's saying that Carmack is associated with Wolfenstein of all fucking games instead of Doom? He was interviewed by Joe Rogan just last week and he STILL can't avoid talking about it.

This.

The best shot Doomguy has is that the recent hype got Nintendo/Sakurai's attention and he could be one of the fighters beyond the fighter's pass. Not a chance in hell he's #5 though.

>rulefagging in 2019

Attached: dracula meatballs.jpg (344x393, 68K)

People become extremely bitter over other people wanting characters other than the characters they want. Most anti-doomfags probably want some literally who characters instead.

Are you really implying that there will be a second Microsoft rep as the 5th DLC pack?

No I am merely implying there is a non-zero probability of a company getting 2 characters.

Maybe on the next DLC's?

I just don't think they'll add 2 chars from one rep in the Fighter Pass.

1 char per Rep is fair enough, and the rest of DLC's can have as many chars from the same Rep as they want, since those are sold separately.

As Sakurai said, they want to include many, many worlds from other games into Smash, so I foresee Chief in the next batch of DLC's, if possible.

A valve rep would be portal or dota related with a doubt.

This entire thread just boils down to
>DOOMGUY CAN'T GET IN SMASH BECAUSE... BECAUSE... F-FUCK YOU IT'S BECAUSE I SAID SO

Just shut the fuck up already. There isn't a fucking rule holding him back from getting in. Stop acting like there is. Stop making shit up. Stop acting like you know Sakurai. It's childish. If he wants to put Doom Slayer in Smash, he'll do it. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Attached: 1513207235561.jpg (224x216, 13K)

fucking reminder that doom 64 was not shown in the japanese version of the direct.

And?

based japs not falling for bethesda's jew tricks when we already have doom 64 ex

We live in a post Sans Undertale getting into Smash world. If you think fucking anything is limited by rules, you're retarded. If you're an avatarfaggot you're retarded and should kill yourself.

He's a costume

>B-b-but
Shut the fuck up.

If fucking Undertale can get represented in Smash then there aren't any rules left. Doom can as well. Now stop acting like you know what Sakurai's gonna do next.

A costume. Something far higher than a sticker. Something that can be hit by other characters.

Not even Reimu or even fucking Steve had that privilege.

not much different than the Shovel Knight assist trophy really

He's still a minor character from a fotm indie game from half a decade ago.

Pretty sure Minecraft is also considered indie. Guess where Steve is ending, lmao.

> Microsoft
> Indie

>Large Bethesda push early in the Direct
>More DLC slots announced
>With Toby as an example, anyone can get to Sakurai and bully him into adding a character to Smash
Im positively sure Todd will threaten Sakurai until he gets a Bethesda rep inside. Then its a toss-up between Doomguy or the Dragon born

Attached: fkdiyd3eg9411[1].jpg (708x708, 41K)

I agree.
Doomguy is getting a new game in November so why are Doomfags so irritated that he's not gonna be in Smash?

We have 6 more slots confirmed, he could still be in.

Todd is probably the one pushing for Doom for all we know.

>Todd is probably the one pushing for Doom for all we know
Not in a million years.

Attached: 1554950333275.jpg (212x237, 8K)

>sakurai wrote an article about halo 2 once
source?

I'd be fine if he doesn't get in but I feel like with the way things are going he's going to appear in Smash at some point. It just feels inevitable.

Why would he? He's not directly involved in their publishing arm.

sourcegaming.info/2017/07/12/feelofamericangames/

Dude trust me when I say this "Doomguy can't be in Smash" shit will likely come back to bite you in the ass in the future. There isn't a rule holding Doomguy/Doom Slayer back from getting in Smash. End. Of. Story.

Any Bethesda representative should have enough authority to push Doomguy down Sakurai's throat.

Having Todd being the enforcer would be extra, lmao.

I don't see it. I just don't agree that a hyperviolent FPS hero is going to make it. Bayonetta only got in because Nintendo wanted to promote Bayonetta 2.

Most doomfags are fine with the character not being in. It's the rosterfags raging about him becoming more popular than their own choice and then shitting up regular Doom threads because of it.

People WILL lose their shit if Doom Slayer is announced. Literally guaranteed it will happen.

Hmmm... On another note, I am wondering how Terry was received in Japan... I'm still seeking videos of reactions to it. Even some guy had literally no fucking idea who Terry was, lmao.

Still sold like shit. Doom Eternal is still shipping to Japan despite the ultra-violent nature.

S A N S

Sakurai uses his imagination when making up movesets. It's his fanfiction and he'll do whatever the fuck he wants with it.
twitter.com/The1WithStrings/status/1169287362213494784

REMINDER that this is the most recent large scale poll

It's likely that at least one of the extra fighters will be on this list

Attached: Smash DLC poll.jpg (2048x1911, 581K)

>People WILL lose their shit if Doom Slayer is announced
Not really? DOOM is pretty meh sized nowadays.

I think Ryu Hayabusa is last, he seems like a character people are sleeping on

>Doom Eternal is still shipping to Japan despite ultra-violent nature
Didn't say Japan didn't have ultra-violent games did I? Doesn't mean he's coming to Smash is all I'm saying.

>Large scale
>20k votes.

Mate, that's a pretty small demographic... Maybe if it was 100k-500k, it would be indeed big to see.

Well, feel free to disagree. There are many enthusiastic Doombros wanting the guy in.

Good for them. DOOM has at least seen a revival so there's always stuff for Doombros to do even if he doesn't make it in. And if he does then I'll be wrong and you can bully me for it if you want.

If you actually get off Yea Forums for once and go on twitter you'd see Doomguy is pretty much the top most requested character now. Doom is pretty big in the public eye right now because of 2016's surprise success and Eternal hype. Doomguy memes are fucking everywhere.

>twitter

>Yea Forums is the only website that matters
Wake up

Imagine being a twitterfag

>you'd see Doomguy is pretty much the top most requested character now
That would be Sora. Like, Sora is genuinely the single character I can point to as the absolute top request now. In both the west and japan he gets #1 on polls

DISNEY

..has already confirmed that they will allow it

No. The inclusion is more than enough. Don't take me for a Stevefag, lmao.

Imagine being this blind.
Some guy was comparing sales to one fucking console only, so now we can't compare one social network?
Rules, rules and more rules.

fighter 5 is hayabusa

>I mean why the fuck would Japanese execs at Nintendo even greenlight him as a character if they don't know who he is?
>He says this while Doom has been advertised in 3 fucking directs so far

Yeah I'm pretty sure they know who he is.

Porn games.

>d64 wasn't in the japanese direct
ruh roh

You're missing the point. The suits choose what games they want to advertise. That means Nintendo of Japan told Nintendo of America to Advertise Doom, since they're the superiors.

Also isn't Doom 64 banned in Japan wasn't it ever localized?

*ahem*

Attached: 1567468134577.png (1237x132, 65K)

this is what schizophrenia looks like

t. An actual respectable human being with a car, a good job and a good wife.

It did come out in Japan but interestingly all the blood was green instead.

Huh. Weird.

yeah that's why FPS were called wolfenstein clones for the longest time... wait..

Not according to this poll

Attached: Smash_Ultimate_Unofficial_Ballot.png (500x439, 219K)

I'm pretty sure if Doom gets represented in Smash we'll get Quake and Wolfenstein Mii costumes too. I'd be more than happy with that.

The Mii costumes have been a bit sparse in general so probably not

The reason Doomguy hasn't been announced yet is because Phobos and Crash will be alternate skins designed off of the Doom Eternal models. Phobos and Crash haven't officially been announced yet as part of Doom Eternal either.

Nobody will probably believe me but I've wanted Doomguy in Smash for a loooong time. Him and Megaman, but that wish was already granted. Shit-talk all you want but now more than ever he feels likely.

Attached: Quake_doom.jpg (480x498, 59K)

How do you know NoA doesn't have some discretion and has no input in this matter? Not every minute decision like that could need prompting from Japanese suits, it may even be a case of NoA requesting they greenlight it for the international version.

>so we can all agree that Doomguy will never--
Honestly, I actually believe the fact that there'll be more DLC fighters beyond the Fighter's Pass actually shot Doomguy's chances back up, assuming that further DLC characters were decided at a later date than the Pass characters were. Of course, that also means that the chances of many, many other characters getting in has also shot up, so really, we should take all of this with a grain of salt. Doomguy's chances are far from zero, but don't hold your breath, either.

Attached: 1556750132638.jpg (1200x1200, 206K)

I don't find it that hard to believe. I remember having a fleeting thought about him during 4 due to the topic of classic video game characters and put a ballot vote on him for kicks. Then again I voted for all kinds of shit just because.

> put a ballot vote on him for kicks

Ha, me too. Even if he never gets in it's still wild that there are people other than you and me that are actually requesting him now.

>yfw the extra DLC means we might have another goddamn Ballot
The internet would be borderline fucking unusable if this happened. Especially since you just KNOW the most vocal character fanbases will be even worse than for Smash 4.

Attached: 1502860667202.png (250x345, 130K)

Since additional fighters are happening, I think we could see an Echo "Pass" happen as well. Sakurai ruled out Echoes from the Fighters Pass but no such rule was stated for the Extras. If that happens, I'd like to at least see attention given to franchises/characters who wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting a new moveset made.

Didn't Soccerguy already suggest they wouldn't do this again or is this more "Sakurai said" hearsay Yea Forums has been peddling to me?

I don't recall Sakurai saying that the Ballot would never happen again (but I was mostly checked out of Smash 4 shortly before Cloud was announced so I can't say for certain). Plus him outright saying in the overview yesterday that the extra DLC will be more opportunities to hopefully please fans makes me think something like this could happen again.

Hes 200% gonna be in

as a mii gunner

>antifags
He still has a slightly reasonable chance, at least more than whatever the literal who these fucks want are.

Attached: 12938419.png (326x286, 123K)

DELET

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

>Commander Keen (original one) gets in
>Doomguy is regulated to being a Mii Gunner and uses the Commander Keen logo
how would you react?

perplexed

gsg