What in the absolute fuck were they thinking?

What in the absolute fuck were they thinking?

Attached: darksider3.jpg (639x361, 46K)

First, they thought they could create a strong female lead without her being "StRoNk", which I admit they succeed in doing; Fury is depicted as the most flawed of the Four Horsemen and her story is about accepting those flaws, then overcoming them to save humanity. Second, they thought they should stop copying the Zelda format and instead do their own thing. In this they failed spectacular, since Darksiders 3 plays similar to a Souls-lite. This last decision was probably the killer that stopped the game from being uber-successful, and if it wasn't for the appeal of Strife, War and the concept of them teaming up I suspect Genesis wouldn't fair much better

Haven't played it, whats wrong with it?

nothing, it is ok-tier and you can choose between playing dark souls mode or hack n slash.

It's not bad but the budget was pretty small.

people for some reason expected a darksiders game to be anything more than mediocre

the game tried to copy darksouls and failed miserably.

OP here, not sure if it is my ps4 but this game has some serious frame rate drops. which is weird as fuck. i played ctr and witcher 3 earlier today and nothing happened. it only happens when playing this game.

bad optimization

I just got this off of PS+, what are the problems?

Heard that they added classic mode, is it good?

i am trying ti now but i see no difference so far

framerate is dogshit. it is juscause 3 levels of bad.
the combat is also pretty bad.

every time you die it takes 20 seconds for it to load again.

Wait, they tone down the zelda elements? For fucks sake. The first darksiders was so good. You got a modern setting with dungeons that felt like a natural part of the setting. Fast, god of war style combat that if played on the hardest difficulty was rewarding (if a little dodge heavy). While I wasn't a huge fan of the more fantasy setting in 2, and the random loot was a weird choice, at least it kept the bones of what made the first good.

You're telling me they just said fuck it in three?

They simple don't have the same talent around who worked on the first two games. The first two were flawed but still fun in parts but 3 was just mediocre and boring to play. They don't have the same budget to work with as they had when they were working for THQ.

>every time you die it takes 20 seconds for it to load again.

not as bad as Bloodborne at launch

>it is juscause 3 levels of bad.
I played that on PS+ and I didn't notice a bad framerate unless there was like 5 things blowing up at once

Take all the mediocre parts of Darksiders and Souls and combine them into one of the most boring action games ever made. Its one of those games you can't even pinpoint exactly whats wrong with it because every single aspect is so forgettable.

it has happened quite often with me for some reason.

They want each game to feel different for each Horseman. War gets a Zelda like, Death was meant to get more an open world RPG feel to his game, Fury they decided to go with Souls. It doesn't work too well which is why the game is kind of panned by reviewers. Hopefully they do the Strife game right, in that it should be Vanquish/Gunslinger from DMC with some Max Payne.

I'm pretty sure they were thinking "budget". Although, it's not like both previous avoided taking blatant inspiration from elsewhere. With DS3 it was simply Souls games.

>implying that was a downgrade
this shit is what happens when you don't have the money

>finally get to play as strife
>it's a diablo clone

Attached: e4ef73fe6683e1bf119e6419e0dc2cbe726d950d.png (650x340, 333K)

Fucking why? Why blow the load of playing as all four at once on a shitty Diablo clone and spin off? Why also ruin Strife's debut with being a different genre to what he will actually get?

What the fuck does Bloodborne have to do with this? What is wrong with you? FUCK YOU

it was bad with bloodbourne and it is bad here too.

It's developed by a different studio than THQ Nordick, and also it's not a diablo clone, it's only the game's perspective whatever is called

>What in the absolute fuck were they thinking?
"Let's make another 7/10 game like the other ones", I guess.