Why didn't they just stick to the style of the top but with better graphics

Why didn't they just stick to the style of the top but with better graphics

Attached: 1567639431360.png (1315x1395, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18595344
youtube.com/watch?v=zBi4dgegEUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It wasn't good.

Why remake a game that isn't even a decade old yet?

They didn't change the style. It's the same shit. Top is just lower quality blurry shit since the Wii couldn't handle anything better.

Attached: Xenoblade compare.jpg (2570x1124, 931K)

It's not a remake.

top : Soul
bottom : Souless

Xeno games always use an art style reflective of the times. I am glad that the game does not look as anime as Xenoblade 2.

because it looked like a game from more than a decade ago because of wii

because i guarantee all the weeaboos that bought XC2 for their waifus wouldn't touch this remake if it didn't look just as anime

user it's 9 years old, barely got any attention on release and looked like shit even back then because it was trying to do realistic graphics on things like the environment but it was on a shit console. It's completely sensible that it's getting a remake especially since they are adding in cut content.

Top one looks like dogshit

Another demake. Hard pass.

gotta go moeblob like all the other games

That's like having your cake and eating it too.
Bottom is better graphics.

But the remake still looks like a game from more than a decade ago because of switch.

ask dark souls

Because it looks bad.

can you game starving pc fags stop posting screenshots from your bug infested terrible running emulated games?

Sadly this. People got lured in with this pathetic waifupandering and they wouldnt even look at the original Xenoblade if it doesnt look like animetrash as well.

Dark Souls never got a remake.

I kinda don't want the Xenoblade X port to happen anymore

because everything needs to look like generic modern anime for some reason now

1. The game even back then looked like shit
2. Using the X2 engine, they can go for the aesthetic they wanted originally
3. This adds more content that was cut from the original game
4. It didnt sell well then and it sold in a limited capacity on 3DS. This is now on a mainstream console fuckloads of people have and considering his inclusion in smash will get people to actually buy it.

Attached: 1421349056347.png (233x255, 69K)

The game actually has a character designer now so they want to go with that style.

That's what this is essentially
The muddy models are SIGNIFICANTLY watered down versions of what the art was going for

>Xenoblade looked like shi-

Attached: c9f524262bc7a0b88ff31b1b12f6952b86a7c536_00.jpg (512x288, 27K)

Because top looks like shit

Seethe

great so generic anime baby-sameface

I'd take myfirstkiss.jpg over it any day

Go away Eric

Modern Animes : Dude let's just remove all shadows lmao

Wrong

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (784x710, 113K)

Ooh, I thought it was only 7 years old? Is it actually 9? I remember the movement to try and get the game brought over.

Still looks much better than the generic semenbrain anime 2 "style".
It's like if they remade Ocarina of Time but went with the most generic anime shit possible instead of fully realizing the original's unique style.

Why do you sensitive faggots always scream
>muh eric
when someone criticizes something you like?

Because fuck you OP bottom looks better.

Dolphin generally runs better than the source hardware though.

>SE take 5 years to remake 1/5th of FF7
>Monolith take less than 3 years to remake entire game of Xenoblade 1
Really makes you think

That’s funny, that doesn’t look like a human npc to npc

>emulates perfectly
>4k 60fps
>with texture and shader mods

lmao seethe

>nincel is mad
kek

>generic semenbrain anime 2 "style".
how the fuck are you this mad at cartoons
>it's like if they remade ocarina
nigger that is anime style already just look at it

That's because FF7 is an actual remake.

>one is made from the ground-up
>the other is a prettier port

>comparing remaking a PS1 game to a Wii game
user...

If you looked at the sketches of both styles you'd find that they are pretty much the same.

The original release was in 2010 in Japan.

Go away Eric

>loses all emotion in the remaster

Attached: 1567673029851.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

Top : Angry
Bottom : Holding a fart

Wait a minute, they replaced the art with the shitty one from XC2?

Thank you, that makes sense.
Seeing these comparisons, it's amazing how old the Wii version truly is. It almost looks like a late GC game.

They replaced the art with the shitty one from XC2 which retroactively makes the ending of XC2 with the XC1 face a lot less meta

That's because the Wii was just an overclocked GC.

They did.

Just play on dolphin

I'll admit Xenoblade 2 had awful facial and mouth animations and it looks like that'll transfer over to this game.

XC2 was rushed to market for 2017 so they could keep their one game a month thing going in the first year. I'm hoping this game is more polished with the facial animations, it's working off of an existing game, engine, and has more time to work with.

I'm gonna wait until we see more, but I do admit that this looks a little less emotive in the XC2 engine as it stands, especially for how powerful this scene is.

I want Dunban to fuck my wife

>they just put the new head on the old model
kek

This but unironically.

Attached: ea24195ddf13d0d64b8f2ea75e7943ac.jpg (700x1280, 93K)

I'm not gay but Shulk and Dunban

Honestly I have no idea how to finish that sentence

Because there's a difference between a criticism and a reductionist characterization of a piece of media's appeal and its audience.

How? All the emotion in that scene comes from the voice acting, not the facial animations.
If the voice acting is the same, it'll be the same

Japs sure love crippling the right arm

Attached: nero arm cast.jpg (1024x576, 68K)

Attached: xbhd.png (797x886, 1.38M)

Reyn looks pretty fucked in the top
he must be visualizing Sharla's titties

What is this face trying to convey?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.48.56 AM.png (198x248, 87K)

Nero's just for shallow apperance. Dunban's character and the game's entire story arc doesn't work if he doesn't lose his arm to the Monado.

>Still looks much better than the generic semenbrain anime 2 "style".
But you're not realizing that XB1 was TRYING to have an anime style and was unable to because of the system's power
>It's like if they remade Ocarina of Time but went with the most generic anime shit possible instead of fully realizing the original's unique style.
yeah, I mean god forbid OoT having an anime style that was generic for the time period

Attached: oot concept art.jpg (367x640, 152K)

It's the HD remake before the HD remake.

Spoiler alert: Both are shit.

Attached: what hideous faces.jpg (960x540, 63K)

(it's ugly either way)

Anyone else worried about them removing equipment changing the look of the character?

UNGA

No.

Jesus, they look like sex dolls in HD
Is it possible to get an SD filter or something?

what's even anime style??? that's too broooooooaaaaaaaad!

Trailer already confirmed it's still there

why not just use his left arm for the Monado then

Ah, i'm a retard

carry on

>tfw rainbow can be spelled without reyn

I doubt it
They don't have 40-50 Rare Blades to make and animate, so I wager they'll have time
If anything, they need to scrap all the non-riki, non manka armor designs

Here you go senpai.

Attached: low res, but not too shabby.jpg (960x540, 60K)

He tries to at the start of the game and it leaves him coughing up blood

Why is she so smug?

Attached: 2F6B39BA-56D0-4008-90A6-A74CF701A049.jpg (399x450, 56K)

That's better
The definition on the lips is really off putting in HD

She was the best healing blade in XB2 and she knows it

Those HD texture models look a hell of a lot better than the remaster's models.

people are really trying to act like Mumkhar wasnt the ugliest motherfuck ingame

What a pansy.

Attached: sqncvx2kqdv11.jpg (480x529, 24K)

I feel like the eyes are what look the weirdest. I think the colors on them are too bright in the HD image.

You stupid idiots realize that the bottom is Kunohiko Tanaka's design, right? Go google who that is, because I know you don't know. Stop trying to pretend like you're le epic oldfags when you have zero idea what you're talking about.

unless it fixes the arbitrary 5? page limit on picked up junk items for quests, it's fucking shit tier.

>What? Normal people don't have Gods inside them? Well, you should just become a God yourself. That's what I did

they look good in portraits but look like shit in 3d you retarded ape.

No one cares, his art style is generic and looks like ass in 3D.

She knew that she had Shulk locked down from the start.

Is this game actually good? or is it "good" like 2 as in bad, save me some money.

Cope.

Depends on what you didn't like about 2.

Soul
Soulless

>unique artstyle from XC1 to generic anime style from XC2
>professional artist's art can turn to souless garbage after a few years
Woah, who wouldve thunk

Its fantastic, but pirate it or buy an older version, don't support this XC2 style garbage downgrade.

>game

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 10.59.10 AM.png (1272x790, 1.03M)

Let me answer your question with a webm.

Attached: what a fag.webm (960x540, 2.33M)

It's worrying that they're using the XC2 engine because that game ran like ass.

And TLOU

I don't care about the chinese who made this but he totally ruined the original design.

it's kind of good but skippable if there are any real classics you still haven't played

>10 hours of cutscenes
>in a game that takes well over 80 hours to clear
sounds like a game to me.

>tfw it's not reyn tiem.

these are the kind of cunts that would unironically believe the faces in Max Payne 1 look better than they do in Max Payne 2
MUH SOUL

Attached: 3inchcocks.jpg (624x352, 24K)

Neither TLoU or Dark Souls got remakes.

It's great just like 2.

Post yfw

>Bionis Slash X

>tfw thought we were getting a XBCX port
>it's fucking XB1 second port/remaster

Attached: sad pepe.jpg (308x302, 24K)

>just like 2.
kek

Face blind autists in here. The original style was very unique and dare I say slightly more western looking. The new style could be any JRPG.

>people think that "soul vs soulless" is a meme
there is a reason nuWolfenstein and DOOM are way worse than the older ones. Newer graphics just makes the games play worse and it makes it feel like less of a game. The remake doesn't look that bad, but I prefer the old look.

because the Wii U was more powerful but people don't want to admitted it.

I liked the battle system, and the individual blade quest lines and designs, to some extent the characters too, but I didn't like the story at all, specially near the end, started decent enough tho.

>his art style is generic
I say that about everything I don't care about.

This but unironically.

And how exactly did the original version NOT look like anime?

It is generic, why you Xeno fags worship him is beyond me.

Xenoblade 1 is series of shonen tropes done very well. Highly predictable but never fails to get your blood pumping for the big scenes. Far far less of the "Japanese humor" of 2 if that was your problem

How is it generic? Because you shit yourself into a rage about it?

>the artist creating the worlds perfectly match XC1 artstyle
It's disgusting seeing non artist brainlets brag about how better the new character models look. They're disgusting compared to everything else and create a contrast with the world they obviously dont fit in.
Is it because theyre incels and gamers? Or do they just have shit tastes like most anime fans do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190905-090439_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 377K)

>The original looked anim-

Attached: 83fdf28818bf1ed3a21216c7a6cd7ede.jpg (1176x661, 161K)

Xenoblade emulates perfectly. Keep seething that you played an inferior version

>Is this game actually good? or is it "good" like 2 as in bad, save me some money.
I liked 2 a lot personally, same with X
However, 1 is the safest entrypoint for newcomers, not just for Xenoblade but for JRPGs in general. Its story is really well paced and the first third is really exciting and interesting and well foreshadowed.
It looks like the world design will be even better in the remake and the combat and progression systems were pretty straightforward as I remembered them.

>we get to see Sharla's bouncy nipple titties in HD

Attached: Xanthar yeah wooooo.jpg (508x444, 32K)

Thanks for the honest responses.

Why are you trying to win the argument by posting the scenery? Lots of animes have backgrounds like that.

Dolphin is one of the most accurate emulators there is, user, It's even good enough for the smash autists.

The footage in the trailer looked solid
>XB1 WASNT ANIME
>shows image of landscape and not character designs
I will never understand people who insist this.

It's more than a remaster since the redid all the assets and added content. It's closer to a remake.

Unh... Is that some ebin texture mod? Because I played Xenoblade on Dolphin with no kids and it doesn't look like that.

There's nothing distinct about it, its just your run of the mill anime style from 90s to 00s. It looks no different than what you would find in a "how to draw anime" book.
It looks especially terrible nowadays, just look at XC2 Firoa, she's looks like a partially melted moeblob.

Because admitting a Japanese game with Japanese-style human characters is anime would make them scream and fart themselves to sobbing sleep.

>redid all the assets
Wrong.

Ah yes, the "It's one overall style therefore it's exactly the same!" train of thought. By that logic Looney Tunes, Pixar, and Ralph Bakshi all look the exact same because they're American animation.

I am not shitposting when I say I hope they remove assloads of the sidequests. Get rid of any kill/collect X quests, in general any that are worthless in terms of character and worldbuilding, and just buff EXP on those that remain.

One more reason to not buy a Switch, thanks Monolith Soft.

Well it also jsut seems really childish thinking that everything associated with a given genre is bad because there are examples of things they don't like from that genre.
They would rather insist they know the intent of the creator of something better than to just admit they like something that's anime.

agreed.
Or maybe just rework those to be more interesting or have more variety
Also, are they every going to tell us who is setting up all those colonies on the bionis? Who's numbering them?

Not him but the new remake models isnt a GOOD Anime artstyle.
It seems made more for catering inbreds

This.

You're on Yea Forums, everyone here thinks that if they act contrarian and rage at everything even remotely popular then they're somehow special unique snowflakes instead of the "normies".

Ah yes, "I personally dislike something therefore it's catering to freak and geeks and beaks".

BEcause he looks retarded in the top picture. Bottom is better you cock smoking faggots.

>act contrarian and rage at everything even remotely popular then they're somehow special unique snowflakes instead of the "normies".
But this is true.

>It's one overall style therefore it's exactly the same!
That's not the problem dipshit.
Akira Toriyama
Eiichiro Oda
Hirohiko Araki
These are examples of unique artstyles, they art all very distinct and you can tell from a mile away.
If something isn't unique, its generic.

You people are so frightened of life and being part of society that you worship memes and beg for the destruction of humanity.

>ah yes I like talking shit but when someone anally destroys me with objectivity I start crying and pretend I'm an adult

are you guys going to shitpost this much when XBCX:DE fixes the potato models and you call it soulless?

Attached: 1552273797414.jpg (646x905, 75K)

So because Xenoblade's art style isn't exactly like one of them it's "generic"?

In what way did you "anally destroy me", and why are you fantasizing about gay butt sex?

>No mention of Junji Ito

Attached: updatedCringe.png (500x495, 468K)

Of course we are, where the fuck do you think you're at?

Those quests are the reason I never beat the game. When I got to Eryth Sea (?) I had already nearly 70 hours in the game thanks to the side quests.

Its a remaster/remake, there was always going to be complaining about lost SOUL

The melia and fiora wars will begin again.

>NOOOO!!!!!
>THE GAME WAS FORCING ME TO DO SIDEQUESTS, I COULDN'T JUST IGNORE THEM!!!!!

It will be a decade old when the remake comes out.

Not really because your mindset isn't one of your taste as much as it's part of a counter-culture.
Contrarianism, as a culture, proves that people who dislike something on the basis of it's popularity aren't alone and therefore not so special or unique

>I'm gonna change the topic because I cant really disprove anything you say
The absolute state of modern anime "intellectuals"

It's just the way I play these games bro.
You never know when there's some good narrative in a side quest unless you do it.

Depends heavily on the game, but I'd disagree with you in general, as a huge fan of Dolphin who uses it almost daily. Some games run better (especially when you have the game on a SSD and use FastDiscSpeed, or in games that can benefit from overclocking. Phantasy Star Online has like 10% of the load times when you do this, and Metroid Prime has pretty much no load waiting at doors), but most will run about the same or very slightly worse. Xenoblade Chronicles has intermittent skipping in the first half hour or so of play each time you start it up (I'm not certain, but it seems to be the first time any model is rendered, it skips, but every time after that it's fine), but runs very smoothly thereafter. It also is a function of resolution, as I only really get these skips at 4K.

>tfw the game is redubbed

More like
top: holding a poop
bottom: holding a fart

Yea Forums‘s vapid desire to go against the grain once again rears its ugly head, don’t you idiots ever get tired of this shit? XBC1 on the Wii graphically looks like crusty dog shit, that’s a fact, it scarified it’s graphics to create a game with massive scope and there’s literally no downside to doing it over again on stronger hardware.

Attached: 103520BA-8F44-4B79-926C-4FE45F904879.jpg (639x706, 81K)

I wonder if it would hurt or help the experience

Its either arm. Its a samurai/ronin thing

Attached: Auron-Final-Fantasy-X.jpg (500x886, 93K)

>XB1 on Wii looks like abject shi-

Attached: Colony_9.jpg (1280x708, 178K)

You make a good point, small handed magic man.

This.
The game was a straight up better experience on an emulator just because it didn't have awful texture downsampling and 1-2 seconds of the game freezing every time you picked up loot from a box.

Attached: AuronGolfing.gif (427x240, 977K)

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles remastered.jpg (550x490, 41K)

The world looks beautiful, but they should fire whoever made those character models, they're hideous and contrast with the world

This reminded me I need to finish XB2's DLC
I still need to do all the DLC quests, I hear there are some pretty good ones in there, like the Justice Trio getting mad about who is the most justice

It doesn't have to be exactly copying another style, but its a fucking problem when they take away the very unique style of the original game and replace it with generic trash. No one would give nearly as much of a shit if the game had a generic style from the start.

There's plenty others to mention, I just went with the first three off the top of my head.
Nobuyuki Fukumoto is another example of a unique style.

isnt that faggot faking it though

It didn't look like shit but it's clear Monolith Soft were reaching beyond their grasp on a lot of stuff

Because Xenoblade was always anime you stupid faggots. You only liked it because it was low resolution smear enough for you peabrains to think it was somewhat gritty. Go back to your droughtstation.

this

Attached: Ovan Hack GU.png (714x656, 491K)

It's going to happen due to the new content. Some will obviously return like Shulk's VA, but others will be recasted.

>but others will be recasted.
Wrong.

Stop complaining about things that are clearly much better in the Switch version

Wii/New3DS is shit and will pretty much be forgotten as people enjoy the superior remake

He can use it sparingly because he's dead, but it got fucked by Yunalesca anyway.
The main thing the japs have with one of the arms being crippled or purposefully withheld is that it was the mark of a samurai or ronin that felt shame for failing in their duty.

>Why didn't they just stick to the style of the top but with better graphics
honest answer, the originals don't have enough detail, and trying to add any would make it look like different faces. for instance the eyes were just textures on the face.

like here's a high res texture attempt and it sucks

Attached: its reyn time.jpg (1356x1524, 538K)

Those lips looks weird in HD
Just something about how detailed they are compared to everything else

HOW HORRIFYING

Unsent != dead

OH GOD THEY RUINED THE MOSQUITO TEXTURES. NOT EVEN GOING TO PRE-ORDER THIS SHIT

I'm so glad the game has this artstyle because it's exposing all the people who literally only liked XC1 cause they THOUGHT it wasn't anime

Unironically this.

alright lets settle this once anf for all
strawpoll.me/18595344

nigga that's a dragonfly

the mouths are the only thing that had a noticeable change imo

>comparing 2D sketch to 3D model

While the facial animations are, actually, still not all that good, I'm glad they're using the XB2 engine/style. One of the few things that totally threw me off of the game originally were the character designs.

BORN IN A WORLD OF REMAKES!

>melia looks at your dick in HD

It looks weird because the hd textures don't seem to actually try very hard to replicate the look of the original textures, the eyelashes/lines are not nearly as thick for one and immediately throws the features off when they're slapped onto a face that still retains the 3D geometry

Apples to oranges.

FF7 is made from scratch, XB is a port for most part.

>It's another old good new bad episode
Ugh

for real tho, this is the first "remaster" that i think looks better than the original, wth is wrong with people? then again, this is just Yea Forums so whatever

>mfw Melia wins the Shulk bowl

Attached: bowl winner.jpg (1024x640, 179K)

Makes perfect sense when the original game's models were far closer to the 2D artwork.

Attached: soulgorm.png (1280x720, 35K)

Watch it be Shulk brutally rejects Melia instead.

I really hope this isn't final.

Nah, I really doubt they going change the ending.

They just going add some stuff from XB2 to make the whole story more connected.

Yes.

She knew that Melia didn’t stand a chance in the Shulkbowl

all details are lost

Attached: bone vs boneless.jpg (265x238, 28K)

i hope they make some adjustments to the combat at least

They made the lines of the eyes sharper which had the likely unintended side effect of making them look opened wider.

It's way better than 2.

I hope not, 1's dub was actually good.

You never said anything that needs to be "disproven", all you did was throw random words around and declare victory like a typical Yea Forumsirgin child.

NO COLLARBONES NO BUY

I fucking hate moe.

The fuck is a moe?

Can't believe they are censoring vagina bones again.

>Yea Forums is so contrarian theres people actually defending the old xenoblade graphics

Bridges the gap between XC2 and the original’s artstyle, and acts as an opportunity to lure people into the series who weren’t interested in starting with the second game or being scared off since its a little out there. I think it looks quite a bit better but I understand where people are coming from. Adding cut content is fucking based though and absolutely seals the deal for me, Monolithsoft seems to be the only group working at Nintendo that consistently delivers these days. Really hope it works well in handheld mode this time around though, it’s a miracle XC2 came out as well as it did because it’s pretty obvious the compromise was fucking no time put into optimization whatsoever.

Attached: 2477518C-0D1D-45D5-9AA2-6402B2CC581A.jpg (1024x512, 62K)

>Yea Forums is so contrarian theres people actually defending the remaster shitjob

You do realize that the old portraits looked nothing like the 3D models right you retarded user?

>no u

Retards. The "artwork" in the original weren't even drawn. They upscaled the 3D models and added some details. Takahashi even admitted it.

Huh? The original game had really fucking emotionless expressions for pretty much all of the game no matter the tone of the actual voice

But then who was character design?

Not to be that guy, but that looks like something from FFX. A, you guessed it, ps2 game.

New 3d models also lack some of the details of the original even if the original had wii textures. Just look at , his face looks flat, no lips, less shadowing, etc.

The armor design guys. Outfits were created first and then the characters came after.

dragons aren't real my dude, this is a fat mosquito

Lots of people didn't get the chance to play it
For me and many other normalfags Shulk was a literal who in Smash 4

>anime face

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Good art direction =/= good graphics

Because eat shit you faggot

They were aiming for the style of the remake back there, you moron. Thanks to the Wii graphical limitations and the scope of the game as a whole, the quality of the character models had to be toned down and we got that horrible mess in the original game. Now they can actually make the game look like how they wanted.

I love how emulators make Nintendo fanboys more mad than all the banter Sony fanboys create against them.

I can't believe we're at the point where Yea Forums is calling a fully modeled face with proper facial features that have actual depth, and hair with individually modeled strands, flatter than a literal flat texture for everything, just because it's more "anime."

Attached: 1561884657554.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Because those post aren't all made by the same shitposting cancerfags, of course.

Left looks like a guy, right looks like a girl. In both cases.

>5:1
what the fuck? i dont understand

So you're admitting that the new art style is generic? If you didnt act like a typical anime posting transvestite, we would've ended this conversation a long time ago

>I WIN I WIN I WIN LET ME THROW MY FAVORITE BUZZWORDS AT YOU GAAGAA!!
Can you show me what animes it looks like? Maybe if you can find ten of them we can say it's "generic".

>XC2 fags finally realized that no-one actually likes their artstyle, and it was only a improvement compared to potatoes

lol

Almost as if higher resolutions and polygons count doesn't always fix everything.

It does, actually, but then Yea Forums shifts to something else to nonstop shit itself over, like retarded "ANIME MAKES ME SO ANGRY!" retardation.

cope

"anime" is another word for no ambient occlusion.

OVAAAAAAAAN

But they do fix a complete lack of depth in facial features, or in other words, flatness. Which is what you were complaining about to begin with.

So... the Wii is anime?

plus Xenoblade had an engine to work off of already from X and 2

Why is it always that kind of people? I mean, a fucking avatar from a character out of a porn game, that spanned the pandering monstrosity that is FGO, and then you have that comment. What's wrong with those people?

Attached: eratards.jpg (1158x451, 51K)

alright...
come on.
come on...................
Im right here......SKEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

lol, what's wrong with him? so starved.
to be honest, I never played Xenoblade but I will sooner or later.
if he thinks that's how XB looked like and it's intended to look like when remastered then he's a literal monkey.

I fucking love dat Xenogears style

They clearly did a shit job then because the new model looks flat as fuck.

this
ignore all contrarian retards

They need to justify selling this game AGAIN full price (double 3DS version)

Wow what a coincidence. The sour-grapers who spent two years going "UGH- I MEAN JUST UGH CAN YOU BELIEVE THE UGH ANIME CRINGE?" about XC2 think XC1 is anime cringe as well now that it's coming to a relevant Nintendo console.

New content and not looking like ass isn't enough?

Wii textures try to emulate occlusion since it would be too difficult to implement.

XC remake removes it completely. To anyone who isn't a weeb, the fact that everything in the environment occludes light, except the faces is very immersion breaking.

No,is not enough.
Also how many times "definitive versions" are actually worse than the original?

It looks like even more ass, and one location id not justification for full price for the third time.

>Why remake a game that isn't even a decade old yet?

Because you fucking faggots keep buying remakes even though I told you to stop.

Attached: 1564549893565.jpg (480x552, 80K)

And why should we listen to you?

based bulldoggo

My patrician nigger. Is Kunihiko Tanaka doing the character design?

Attached: e9c2471a0f7f565663616cff648321a9.jpg (780x850, 67K)

It seems more like someone inspired by his style.

>1 movie game worth of cutscenes
>multiple movie games worth of gameplay if you don't even bother with the side content

>And why should we listen to you?

Let me put it like this: If sequels are HIV then remakes are fullblown AIDS.

Attached: 174357437353.jpg (1280x2880, 1.37M)

There wasn't one

This is why anonymous posting on Yea Forums is best. No one can tell at a glance that you're being a hypocrite, all of the time.

>now i can rewatch the kino intro cutscene with updated graphics
Delicious.

They've only redone some of the assets, at some points the heads look different but the bodies/weapons look the same but with new textures.

>he now looks closer to how he looks in Smash
>this is somehow evil wicked sick disgusting ookity-bookity-poopoo to Yea Forums

I liked XBC 1 and 2 quite a bit, but I would absolutely kill a bitch nigger for some kind of Gears release. It doesn't even need to be a full remake. Just the same game beat for beat with better graphics. A fixed 2nd half would be ideal, but I'd survive without it.

Attached: 221.jpg (500x447, 50K)

Why is it the Elly is best girl

>evil wicked sick disgusting ookity-bookity-poopoo
>someone actually typed this out
hilarious

Attached: 1567684503997.png (183x249, 93K)

2 is dog shit. 1 is amazing.

2 is arguably better than 1.

Character designs must have massive lips that are 3 shades darker than everything around them and a heaping of dirt and grime smeared all over them to be loved on Yea Forums

2 is a bit better though. it doesn't matter much, they're both Top 10 jRPG material.

Top: Soulless
Bottom: SOUL

2 is the better game in every facet that isn't Adam Howden.

You know what's soulful? Based Monolith going to lengths to add in the Bionis shoulder

Attached: 1552746513530.jpg (859x687, 161K)

by all means play that shitty wii or 3DS version instead. you cant stop a retard anyways

BURN THIS INTO YOUR EYES

Attached: Burn.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Because this is how the top looks with better graphics

Attached: Gematome_04-25-15_Xenoblade-X.jpg (400x225, 19K)

Da fuck, it's a modified version of the original games character design, they have the long faces still.

Should I emulate the old one on Dolphin or wait until I can emulate the definitive edition on Yuzu?

Who is the cutest boy in this game?

>to add in the Bionis shoulder

it was already in XC code, because XC like all of Takahashi's games are incomplete.

This whole remaster is based
>twilight princess remake which will undoubtedly sell more units just has higher res textures
>xenoblade remake has redone character models partially redone environments normal maps and physically based materials as well as cut content added

In other words, a new artist is interpreting the character designs. All I was asking is if Tanaka was doing doing this new interpretation you actual brainlet

Haseo had a hard life.

Attached: The Future is Now.png (720x720, 398K)

he's a retard, though.
he's the worst MC of the .hack series.

Fits the general thinking process of Yea Forums to a tee.

Considering how they even went about XC2's season pass, delivering far more than what we were promised, I'm actually expecting a whole lot of soulful content in this remake

Attached: 1551634711054.jpg (1204x700, 272K)

Is Tanaka doing the character art? It looked like him sometimes.

Bionis shoulder is very incomplete and there is ton of old leftovers.

It got dropped somewhat midway into development.

THAT ISN'T MY WIFE!

Attached: Endrance offers himself.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

literally soulless

Because the old character models are ugly.

It's either the original artist updating the character designs to match the new rendering method from Xenoblade 2 or it's Xenoblade 2's artist doing new designs.

now this is soul

Pretty sure Takahashi isn't directing this remake, or just from far away, but he definitely left some notes to his newly hired recruits for their training on the engine.

Attached: Extremely important.png (1532x1104, 1.5M)

What it actually looked different

>MUH ARTIFICIAL SOUL

Attached: 1539986923492.jpg (645x729, 34K)

>People are mad that Xenoblade Chronicles now looks presentable

Its a shame the made it look more anime instead of the storybook style

>The only really noticeable change is the lighting and the width of the mouthes
The eyes seem pretty similar in shame and proportion, the hair is almost identical, even the jawline and noses are similar
It's mainly a lighting difference, though it does seem like the noses don't protrude as much

Except that's not true
It seems like a 40/60 split of people who like it vs dislike it
It had issues but I liked it more than XB1's models, it was more expressive on the whole

Characters look younger and lighting is shit with this engine, otherwise the models are fine.

>to be loved on Yea Forums
More like to be called "NOT ANIME, NUH UH, ITS NOT ANIME BECAUSE I DONT LIKE ANIME AND I LIKE THIS"

it looks better now

I remember it being long but I didn't think it was that long.

1's pretty generic but it's very well executed, arguably more consistently well executed than XB2
But 2 wins out for me

Want to know how I know you have shit taste?

I'm basically treating XB1DE as a new game with new content.
I'm hoping they may add new H2Hs even

no

Like anyone would listen to the critiques of a brain dead faggot who sees the world through a brown bloom filter.

No, surprisingly
It's not Tanaka's design apparently

Game's 100 hours long

Riki

Attached: Riki_XC2.png (480x480, 365K)

the original style looks like dogshit

No dude there's clearly different art style.

Shulk being in Smash brought the worse of the Xenoblade fanbase

I'd rather play the 3DS version then play the "definitive edition" that changes the artstyle to be MORE anime looking then it already was. Just like XC2, it looks like a generic anime game now, at least the old style gave it a bit of uniqueness despite its poor textures.

He's probably around mostly to oversee the Zohar stuff they cut originally, since people seemed to digest it all pretty well in XB2, and Alvis/Ontos inter-dimensional shenanigans.
Also, cute thighs.

>I'd rather play the 3DS version
lmao retarded fag

Or it's Tanaka you retard. He didn't do the character design for XBC2, but he interpreted Shulk, Kos-mos etc for XBC2

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>all the guys in their skivvies in HD

>we'll have a new generation of zoomers pretending this garbage game isn't total garbage
Not again

because the game would look like xcx, and you fuckers shitposted enough about how the characters looked in that game, fuck you

>NOOOOOOO IT'S ANIME NOW
The biggest pleb filter
Just buy/emulate the original

because it was a Wii exclusive that still looked pretty garbage, and also took a while to come west (it was one of the games for Operation Rainfall, initially), so not too many people played it, especially since Shulk's inclusion in smash wasn't until the Wii U Smash, where there was only XCX. Also, cut content is being added in.
t. played XC1 on dolphin with and hd texture pack that only marginally helped so im happy about the remake

>mfw I see the new Fiora render

Attached: VeryHardGanon.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Not saying "I'd play the 3DS version over just emulating the Wii version" but I'd rather play that laggy low res shit over some shitty "definitive edition" that doesn't stay true to the originals artstyle.

Because then Smashbabs wouldn't recognize him

Like with XB2, this makes up a fraction of the actual gameplay

They don't even look like the same characters anymore. Who are those nigs

lmao retarded fag

He's also like fucking -16-
Dude's not even a fucking adult yet and he's gotta deal with love drama, memory wipes, and two homosexuals after his cock in different manners.

This negro is correct.The first time I played XBC1 was emulating it on my toaster from 2006. There's no excuse to be complaining. The original is so accessible

Cringey faggot

I miss the old style

It's still the same. It's just that all aspects of the characters are now clearly defined now. And obviously, they're going to be much more expressive instead of having deadfish eyes and lips that flap around in every cutscenes.

It's not
All the Xenoblade games are pretty good, it's good that they have access to a series that gives JRPGs a solid reputation after all the damage FFXIII did

Imagine being involved in Operation Rainfall and seeing one of the IPs go on to become Nintendo's de facto RPG series, get represented in Smash, and even get a full remake of the original game you had to campaign for so long ago that even restores cut content, but instead of discussing and getting excited about it everyone else just wants to fling shit everywhere and complain about anime ruining the series

I don't have to imagine

Attached: 1540268697924.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

It's not Tanaka you blind motherfucker.

BUT LIGHTNING IS THE PERFECT GIRL

When are we getting the prequel DLC with Dunban, Mumhkar and Dickson?

It's not a remake, it's a port with some assets changed. Remake means "to make again", they are not making it again.

>no hat
Delete this at once

I find amusing everyone bitch about muh anime but constantly gobble the most chunni shit ever or is a ironic waifufag.

Attached: pent.png (255x250, 52K)

It's not Tanaka, definitely, you're just a dumb retard who can't do any research or read.

It is amazing how the porn poppers will cry about sexism in gaming and shit on fan service.

Vidya and tits belong together

Attached: 75177223_p0.jpg (796x1000, 268K)

Quick reminder we're finally getting the Zohar in XC1, as it was intended.

Can't wait to see another take on that scene youtube.com/watch?v=zBi4dgegEUA

Attached: Takahashi_XC1.png (666x466, 37K)

The weirdest thing about the Lightning fetishization is how canonical it was given the creator's own treatment of the character

I'm glad people are finally fucking recognizing the HD texture pack as the awful dogshit it is.

>wearing a hat while baking
Morag's a smart girl that doesn't want it to fall into some cookie batter

Attached: 1562884349412.jpg (799x1093, 244K)

He admitted that he wanted to focus on her armpits in the games and the only reason he could go to work was because of his Lightning poster.

Attached: das it man.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>the latter
That will take like 3-4 years, sonny. XC2 Doesn't even start yet lmoa

Is this mental illness? How can one man have so much shit taste

What a fucking gigachad

Which looked good.

>It's still the same. It's just that all aspects of the characters are now clearly defined
>he actually believes this
It is clearly not the same, saying its the same is just someone being either so stupid they legitimately cannot see a difference, sort of like faggots who claim they can't tell the difference between resolutions or frame rates, or just an outright lie to try and defend changing the style and making it worse by making it more generic anime looking.

Actual question
I've been meaning to play the original Xenoblade for some time now, but I've just never done it.
But with this trailer my question is should I just go ahead and Emulate it now on Dolphin and start playing it? Or would it actually be better to wait for it on the switch and play it there?
Is the new art style good or bad? Does it just have more soul if it's played on the original?
I'd just like to get started or get started on waiting.

Attached: 1480983846778.png (395x387, 246K)

actually, it's not a port, it's a soft remake reboot. a makeboot remaster-lease, if you will. I'd try to explain the intricacies to you, but it might be a bit much. all you need to know is you're wrong and your mom is fat.

>b-b-but low res boob jiggle is much more profound than high res boob jiggle

My gosh you're retarded. You suggested it was either the XBC1 artist redoing his work, or the XBC2 artist reimagining the original work. You know what that means? You don't know who the fucking artist is. I was merely suggesting it could be Tanaka, but the truth is no one knows for sure at this juncture. Go choke on your mommy's feminine penis.

It's not like I can't play other games in the meantime.

>Is the new art style good or bad?
That's subjective and for you to decide, as for the rest I'd say wait just because this will have more content that was cut from the original game.

Rekt 'im

I'd wait for the remake.
I personally prefer the original art style, but the style in the remake isn't terrible and it looks like they're re-adding some cut content to the game along with adding some new armor and stuff - so it's probably going to be worth the wait.

Is Shadow of the Colossus a good comparison? It wasn't a port, and yet it wasn't a full on remake either.

This version has added cut content, wait for it.

Whatever you do, pirate the game. Don't support this cash grab remaster.

Just wait, it's being called a remake and having actual new texture and model work done. They may add more content and improve things.
The original style was a jumbled mess and whichever you prefer is up to you.

Attached: victor pensive.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

sotc got both a remaster and a remake afaik.

No, I'm just not certain who the artist is entirely, I know it's not Tanaka, most likely of the two who it could be it's Xenoblade 2's artist. It's 100% not Tanaka.

Where is that image originally from? I can't remember at all.

Meanwhile Pandora's Tower gets jackshit and The Last Story was shit anyway.

the new models look better in-game, but i prefer the original artworks

>it's being called a remake
The official Xenoblade twitter calls it a remaster, so I'm not so sure about that.

More like a year at worst actually. The progress on Yuzu keeps getting faster and faster, this is incredible but not surprising thanks to documented stuff for the tegra chip.

that's what they were saying a year ago, and I'm still fucking waiting

It was generic looking anime in the first place, you fucking mongoloid. What you're bitching about about is that it looks more "Moe" even then, they still retain the same characteristics in factual structures, costumes, and keep to their original proportions.

You're probably the kind of idiot who bitches about Pikachu having a more athletic build to match his fighting style

>Quick reminder we're finally getting the Zohar in XC1, as it was intended.
I feel like this the thing that everyone is overlooking the most. The game will no longer be Monado: Beginning of the World and will finally become Takahashi's Xenoblade Chronicles.

I really enjoyed The Last Story in spite of it's flaws, but the devs behind it who fucking knows, they are making games for Apple now, they were interested in supporting Switch, but only with ports of their Terra Battle phone games, so fuck em, if they don't want to try, I don't want to buy. Pandoras Tower Definitive would be good though.

I hope Monolith Soft finally fucking makes some kind of Riki merchandise for this remake and stops hoarding all the nopon plushies for themselves.

Attached: EDqNHQ7UYAECuf4.jpg (768x1280, 94K)

>actually really cute design that rivals classic cut critters
>no fucking merchandise because the series is still niche
It's just not fair.

They're emulating him really hard, then. That's crazy.

It literally is. It runs on a completely different engine and everything is redone in HD.

>a year at worst
You're hallucinating, a year is the time they will keep focusing on the ebin bing bing manlet. That's the sad truth.

hope you are ready for riki "meh meh meh meh" edition

>Shulk, Dunbar, and the other guys in their skivvies in HD

Attached: just right.jpg (2317x2345, 557K)

It sucks. What's even worse is that they never made Bionis and Mechonis figurines even though that would be the dopest shit.

Attached: xenoblade_bionis_mechonis_models_thumb.jpg (563x356, 48K)

I haven't played the original Xenoblade, but I've been thinking about picking it up recently. Is this release going to be just a remaster or is it going to have some sort of additional content? I'll probably hold off and get the new version, if it's the latter.

Attached: are you gonna eat that.jpg (180x180, 7K)

Finally, a smart man.

There are way more niche series that have actual merchandise for them. It's probably just because Nintendo wants to be a bunch of cheap asses when it comes to licensing out companies to make this shit.

Attached: EDlqkNTUUAAY7A1.jpg (1600x1164, 674K)

I can't wait for all the braindead Dunkey fans to shit on this game just because the guy simply doesn't like JRPGs

It's already confirmed to have additional content.
Man, I hope at least one of the XB1 mechs gets a model kit like Siren did.

>PC bootleg version
It's vomit inducing

Why is Dunkey even remotely popular? He's terribly unfunny and all of his opinions are trash, but he tries to disguise it by acting like he's completely knowledgeable about all types of video games.

>What's even worse is that they never made Bionis and Mechonis figurines
It's been years and you just made me realize this, now I'm seething and not coping at all.

Attached: 1553046019693.png (647x479, 236K)

>Should I steal a game now or later?
This is why PC will forever be second fiddle.

Realizing he's losing his tank job to Dunban

>The only things that got figures were Homura and Hikari
>aka the two worst characters in the Xeno series

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_olliebarder_files_2018_02_wonder_festival_2018w_43-1200x782[1].jpg (960x626, 88K)

it'll have cut content

It will have some restored cut content, and possibly have the ending change a bit to better fit within the narrative Xenoblade 2 established like a few anons were discussing above. So waiting isn't a bad move money-wise.

But if you don't want to play the spoiler dodging game for a game that's 10 years old, I suggest you just get it now.

So what is this going to be? Just a HD remake? Or is there added content? And if yes, what? Just more stupid grind quest?

I guess the 3D version wasn't enough for them, kek.

Attached: Ursus_thibetanus_3_(Wroclaw_zoo).jpg (1944x2592, 1.84M)

They did, you absolute dumbfuck.

They pushed the Wii to its limits, that in itself is what makes XBC great looking.

>Why is Dunkey even remotely popular?
redditors

Because that would be hard and modern people are incredible lacy

The quality is so bad for what you have to pay for them

So the bottom is the real power of PC

It's an HD remaster with added areas that were cut from the original.

ok, but Xenoblade X on Switch when?

I wouldn't mind if the Bionis and Mechonis figures got sold seperately like in . I would happily pay however much they cost because they're some of my favorite designs in Xeno as a whole. The only problem is that they would sell like shit without the waifu bonus.

Shit, meant to reply to

I would love figures of all the Xenoblade titans to be honest. Bionis and Indol are my favourite designs.

It's just like Arin from Game Grumps with every 3D Zelda pre BoTW. Just can't take any of their opinions on those games seriously. It's kind of shitty that impressionable youths in their audience honestly believe some games are objectively shit just because a Youtuber said it.
Dunkey isn't quite as bad because he at least goes in trying to like the games but he should really just stop doing videos on JRPGS.

Unfortunately, a Metal Face one is probably all we'll get because of his Smash presence and him being in a lot of promo material.

its no doubt more than just added areas, you can see shulks monado looks different and both him and mellia are wearing shit that was never in the original game

>tfw played 20h of Xenoblade on the 3ds and now they announced this
what do I do now

Attached: apu_sad.jpg (255x253, 9K)

You say that as if I don't steal games on my consoles.

So they want people to buy the game at full price again for a few new areas?

Can't they just leave a good game alone and rest in piece? Fuck that I'm not going to buy nearly the same game again for full price.

I REALLY hope they don't add story content.

Finish the game, brother. A true Xeno fan would play the game in its original, 480p, potato-faced glory.

>Unfortunately
I'll take anything I can get at this point.

What part of the story?

>I REALLY hope they don't add story content
You know they are

I really really hope this game incorporates XB2's bonus exp system for quests.
I want to 100% the game again but I want to actually appreciate the difficulty of boss fights instead of blasting through them because I dared to bother with the side content.

Right when they'll shit their focus into making it a BotW2 emulator. Don't expect XC2 to work on this until 2024, at best.

Attached: EDqf2lLU8AMGxZS.jpg orig Xenoblades.jpg (707x1000, 195K)

Wrong.

>The only problem is that they would sell like shit

Attached: wrong.gif (480x287, 1.19M)

This and remove the terrible 5 level difference rule that makes you miss all your attacks.

>some people are hoping for more story
>meanwhile Japs only want an alternate Melia path

Posting a pathological liar doesn't help you case user.

Was there any Xeno game that had a pathological liar like the man in the gif?

Its a shame that Xenoblade is in that horrible spot where its popular enough to warrant a remake, but not enough to get collectible stuff. Personally, I would love a Jade Face model kit.

Attached: Jade_face_concept.jpg (980x800, 189K)

what the hell I'm a jap now?!

The quality is top notch, what are you on.
>He didn't preorder
Well, if so, I understand your comment, but the preorder window was opened for months, there are no excuses.

Attached: DSC09535.jpg (1500x1000, 669K)

You’re a retarded waifufag

Not him, but something about Pyra's face was off for me and I couldn't pull the trigger.

why do people want added story content AT ALL?
Come on man, that game is nearly 10 years old and it was good as it is. And it's still good storywise. New added content would just fuck everything up. Leave that game alone or at least the story part.

I want the shitty love triangle to be cut entirely, but Monolith's fanbase seems to eat that shit up so I guess that'll never happen.

so what was the point of the new 3ds?

Yeah but only a masochist would play it in glorious 3ds 240p

>taking any reaction gif at face value, anytime or anywhere, political or not
rent free

>a pathological liar like the man in the gif

Attached: Malos.png (900x1600, 880K)

I did pre order actually but it's nothing more than a piece of pvc trash that looks like a 2d whore

Shulk cares too much about Fiora to end up with someone else

All Malos ever does is delude himself. He's pretty genuine otherwise.

Cope.

>implying implications

Nope
Deal with it faggot
They're gonna add lore to fit with the current lore created by Xenoblade 2

But Malos was right about humanity. The moment people who can properly steer the ship like Rex vanish, everything goes to hell.

mr bean movie

>Rex's solution to prevent that is to make sure Blades keep humanity on the right track
>XB2's ending potential sets up a situation where Blades can't reproduce, and would therefore eventually go extinct
great argument genius

I never palyed XBC2 but fuck them. Probalby another great game is going to be ruined.

I think Amalthus fits the bill better

I love Melia but how would a "Melia Ending" even work, what would happen to Fiora? she just gets cucked? Not really a fan of harem endings.

>removed collarbones
INTO THE TRASH

As with a lot of figs, depends heavily on the lighting conditions and the angle. She's fine most of the time, more true to her 3D model than her artwork though, definitely.

Attached: DSC08361.jpg (1500x1000, 348K)

Rex kept the countries from destroying each other like Malos intended.

Because they want me to buy the game.

Cry more
Don't buy the Definitive Edition and stick to the original if it bothers you that much

Yeah I can't see a good outcoming for this added content.

Attached: 1543220235120.jpg (815x1081, 128K)

Like this

You could always just stick with the original.

So, we know that Nia suffered more in her life than Melia, but who had a harder time between Shulk and Rex?

Attached: 5e878a9f0dec59b836fe382538950fd0[1].jpg (1200x783, 120K)

Every single angle looked off for me, but I used the in game model and art as a reference.

Probably gonna do that.

>shading gone
>contrast gone
>lack of different colors
>looks like another rpg and can be easy confussed
>Tales palette tier

What happened bros? is pic related all over again

Attached: celanddigital[1].jpg (450x145, 54K)

Japanese people on twitter and 5ch are losing their minds over the trailer ending with Melia and Shulk and the feathers on the logo. They really want a Melia ending even though Shulk doesn’t love her like that.

I relay don't know how anyone can look at Xenoblade 1's art style anymore and not immediately want to throw up. Even X's art style was an improvement over it. 2's art style is a further improvement but the Definitive Edition art style is the absolute best they don't look like ugly down syndrome potatoes anymore.

Right looks way better, though.

Well, Rex straight up died, so there's that. But Shulk got to see his girl die right in front of him, though she comes back. I'd say it's even.

Attached: BELIEVE .jpg (1000x772, 175K)

All I know is that a Melia figure would sell BIGLY. One in every household. Many such cases!

Rebuild movie 1 genuinely looks better than a lot of the character art in the original. Anno wasted all the budget on cool shots and the Evas.

You sound like a fag with shit taste, I don't care to help you with anything and hope you die.

>literally just a darker color palette except for the clouds
Average Yea Forums iq

>we know that Nia suffered more in her life than Melia
Fuck no. The first thing we see happen to Melia is her losing her friends. Then she sees her family either betray her, die, or be turned into horrible monsters before her eyes. Most of her people turned into those same monsters, and her home is now infested by them. She's the empress of a ruined kingdom, and is going to have to slaughter hundreds of the walking dead just to think about rebuilding.
Nia had a hard life, but not on that level.

I think its safe to say Nia suffered more before she really bonded with the party, while Melia suffered more afterwards.

it's the soul vs souless pattern
>dude let's just make everything more colourful
>remove shading and details because budget cut

Attached: sponge.jpg (580x326, 26K)

how the characters would realistically feel and what makes sense in the context of the story is irrelevant

Attached: 1567675171235.png (600x600, 21K)

shulk died like twice

because nintendo has figured out that they can shit out nothing but ports, remakes and cardboard, and their fans won't care as long as they keep the smash character announcements coming.

that hurts to look at

no shit
the worst thing that happens to Nia during xb2 is her learning that Jin told Akhos he could kill her if he wanted, and she knew those guys for like a month (and betrayed them, what the fuck did she expect)
>inb4 "b-but she didn't get Rex's dick"
fuck off. the character didn't give a shit about that and you shouldn't either

You should just read VNs then

>top
10 shades of colors on just his face from nintendo console from 2011
>bottom 1 shade of color on his face from the most powerful nintendo console in 2019