Realistically speaking, so you genuinely believe Half-Life 3 will ever happen?

Realistically speaking, so you genuinely believe Half-Life 3 will ever happen?

Attached: F86BB9E1-8F17-4039-B3C4-1CAF5C19DFAC.jpg (1200x800, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

projectborealis.com/
twitter.com/Proj_Borealis/status/1147853865066336257
youtube.com/watch?v=XdQPPh5eA_8
youtube.com/watch?v=oRH7bo29vIA
youtube.com/watch?v=fSOk6KBn5OA
youtube.com/watch?v=9S544wX6InU&t=1383s
lambdageneration.com/discussion/half-life/5-intriguing-things-breengrub-teaches-us-about-the-half-life-saga/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes half life 3d when vr is ready

It wasn't Half-Life 3. It was Half-life 2: Episode 3. Newfag.

Nope, expectations are unreachable at this point. No matter what they do even if it's full blown VR Source 2 like that leak said people will be pissed because they waited almost 20 years for a disappointment. But thankfully Stalker 2 and Butterlord will be released before Half Life 3.

No.
Writing team moved on. Gaben lost his chance.

No, and I hope it never does. Half-life was Goldeneye with dude physics lmao, and any remake would be just another garden-variety FPS.

valve doesnt make games anymore

just let the mod community make shit. At least they have the drive to make something out of this

I'd believe another spin-off series is more likely than an actual HL3. As an example, Portal shares the same setting and makes references to Black Mesa on more than one occasion, but is by no means a Half-Life game.

Yes. Probably made by chinese, or other SEA people, slaves for VR.

Laidlaw already released the story for episode 3.

Who fucking cares anymore.

>Half-life was Goldeneye
what did he mean by this

Half Life VR is probably coming out this year, some of the code was leaked already and valve has said they plan to put out a flagship VR game this year.

This. I'm already content knowing Gordon crashes the Borealis in the Dyson Sphere causing it to overload and explode killing untold amounta of Combine Synths in the process and Alyx picks up the fight back on Earth.

is it even a question
ofcourse it will come out some time

no

Attached: 1550430246062.jpg (836x543, 111K)

noep, gaben is a faggot

Elite Dangerous Bannerlord and Stalker 2 will be out before Half Life 3.

>Be Disney
>Buy the rights for hl
>Release Half-Life 20
>Profit

Attached: 46069ce2eb8f33e58b4eead27500d17acca49fba4f94365aa90d5d737c10e3d4.jpg (222x255, 12K)

Now they make money

no, and even if it did there's no way it could satisfy the hype. it doesn't help that everyone has now realised how shit HL2 was compared to 1 now that the new engine shine has worn off.
a reboot is coming though, mark my fucking words.

>I'm already content knowing Gordon crashes the Borealis in the Dyson Sphere causing it to overload and explode
The crash did nothing to the Dyson sphere.

No, Valve is only interested in either VR or just making DOTA spinoffs. Plus even when HL3 was worked on it fell apart due to infighting and worked on by a skeleton crew.

That he never played the game

That's because Gordon is merely the feint while Adrian Shepard is the one teleported onto the Dyson Sphere to sabotage it while everyone's distracted.

at this point, i would have take a bullshiti short novel or a comic.

They're gonna release another shitty mobile-type game, realize the name "valve" is no longer associated with good games, and try to regain some sort of identity by making a shitty half-life sequel.

It's on the same level of Sonic Adventure 3 happening
as in it probably wont

As a sort of nuclear option if Steam starts losing money, yes.

Anyone wanna play HLDM? OpenAG or otherwise.

Attached: yummy.jpg (437x437, 66K)

this is it. valve is so cash flush and has access to any talent if they just whisper "half life 3" that they could do it anytime. Gabe does not want to make the game and that's the hardest pill to swallow.

At this point, I really don't know. It's about 50/50, leaning towards no.

Does Valve have incentive to make it? I don't think they do so long as Steam exists.

>Adrian Shephard
this hurts more than half life 3 desu

>That's because Gordon is merely the feint while Adrian Shepard is the one teleported onto the Dyson Sphere to sabotage it while everyone's distracted
Cool, but I doubt Gordon would have even amounted to a distraction

Half-Life 3 will never happen because it cannot happen, because they never finished Half-Life 2.

They still make games, they just never finish them.

Artifact GOTY

it's been 12 years retards
who the fuck cares anymore

“Artistic incentive” only. This however means that they’ll constantly make tech demos and gameplay experiments that they half-finish and then abandon because “not good enough.”

Funny thing is that this almost happened to Half-Life 2. if it weren’t for the 2003 leak causing Gabe to declare an “all hands on deck” emergency and ordering everyone to work on shipping the game, Half-Life 2 might very well have ended up abandoned.

Not to mention the point of that ending seems to imply that the combine is so vaste that it is impossible for them to be defeated.

Anyone? Instead of moping about episode 3 we could just play the best half-life game...

Attached: based.jpg (900x583, 492K)

Art guy left a while back too. They got no one.

It is getting made right now by the fans. They are using Marc Laidlaw's script back in 2017 as the story. If Valve won't make it then we fucking will.

projectborealis.com/

Attached: 46318968.png (200x200, 10K)

Yeah, “victory” for humanity isn’t defeating the Combine, it’s figuring out a way to hide from the Combine forever.

and nobody will care

We shall see....

There’s also another completely separate Epistle Three project called Boreal Alyph that uses Source (Project Borealis uses Unreal)

Halo is comming to PC so anything can happen

It's been so long
I lost my interest after valve went into dotard mode

No and I don't care except for the loss of the engine. I liked HL1's story but Hl2's was not this magnum opus people make it out to be. It was rather bland. What I loved was the engine as it birthed a new counterstrike, TF2, L4D, a bunch of other mods. So I would be happy to see a Source 2.0 or 3.0 that allows for another renaissance of mods more than I would HL3.

No one will care, it's non-canon

Shit nice, thank you for telling me about this user. But i think the unity version has taken the spotlight and is the most likely to succeed.
After all....T H E R E C A N O N L Y B E O N E

Yeah it seems like most people seem to ignore that part of the story.

Multiple times in fact. We’ve got pretty believable rumors from multiple sources of the original Episode Three project dying in 2012, a HL3 project that died in 2013, and another HL3 project that died in 2015. And there are probably countless other smaller attempts that never got further than concept art and one map tech demos.

Who cares, if anyone actually prefers a unity version they are fucking poser ass half-life fans. The source engine is the best part of the game.

It will happen when Gabe sells Valve off and the new holder starts licensing its IPs.

I have this feeling it is going to end up as shit or the devs end up misunderstanding parts of the script.

Who fucking cares? The script was made by Marc Laidlaw himself and that is cannon enough for me. You and i both know Valve is NEVER making it so they can go fuck themselves if the do not consider this to be canon.

I think the best situation will be for both to come out so that the fandom can imagine their own personal ideal by taking their favorite parts from each.

sure, just after they release left 4 dead 3 and portal 3

:^)

Fuck i meant unreal not unity

no. unless valve starts feeling the heat and have to push a game out. and that's not happening any time soon.

No

I guess no anons here actually enjoy playing half-life, just posting about it...

Attached: 1567453440122.gif (226x224, 182K)

Not true. I think after the Dyson sphere blows up and the combine lose such a reserve G-mans benefactors sense a weakness and immediately begin to attack them. Whatever the G-mans benefactors are equal in the Combines power but they have some sembiance of morality because they don't act exactly like the Combine absorbing everything like a cancer.

>Valve will have no other option besides developing HL3 because of Epic agressively turning the market to their favor
Based Tim

Attached: tim.jpg (1200x1273, 75K)

The devs of project B have acknowledged and support the source version as well.

twitter.com/Proj_Borealis/status/1147853865066336257

My own personal favorite fan theory is that G-man’s faction is a mercenary agency that was actually hired by a separate faction within the Combine to screw with the Combine team overseeing earth, because some Combine middle manager wanted to screw over a co-worker in the next cubicle over.

Very, very unlikely, but I do believe its still possible.
Although whether it will be the game we would have wanted is another question all on its own.

HL3 died when DNF flopped and COD + wannabes took over the FPS space.

Valve makes much more $$$$ from being a etailer than developing games so there's no economic incentive to expand upon their IP portfolio.

Half-Life 3 is basically impossible from a narrative stand-point.

Funny thing about Half-Life 2 is that it actually treats a lot of cut content from Half-Life as canon. In the original plan for Half-Life, Freeman was going to start a slave rebellion, freeing the Voritgaunts and leading them against the Nihilanth. Even though this was cut, Half-Life 2 basically pretends that it actually happened.

The Half-Life 2 episodes were basically an attempt to avoid this situation by “finishing” Half-Life 2 and including all the cut content: the Citadel Core, a bigger city 17, the Antlion hives, the outlands around city 17, the artic and the Borealis. But the failure to make Episode Three means that Half-Life 2 will be forever unfinished.

And that leaves any potential Half-Life 3 in a very tough situation. You can’t just gloss over something like Half-Life 2 Episode Three the way you can just gloss over Half-Life’s cut slave rebellion ending. So how do you actually do a Half-Life 3 and how much does it connect back to Half-Life 2?

One of the rumors surrounding a failed HL3 that ran from 2013-2015 is that the team was fractured by disagreements over exactly this: how much to tie back into Half-Life 2 and how much of a break to make, and this disagreement coupled with some others led to the team breaking apart and the project dying.

Nah, Valve isn't going to develop it even if Steam starts to collapse. They know HL3 will end-up being the second coming of DNF.

They are much more likely to sell of the IP portfolio and abandon ship.

Maybe one day anons on Yea Forums will play HLDM with me, but today is not that day.

I dont think its fair to say HL3 will be the second coming of DNF. I think its more fair to assume it'll be more of a FFXV, Last Guardian, or Shenmue 3 scenario where its either unfinished or not worth the wait. The best an actual Half Life 3 could be is at least on par with Shadow Warrior 2013/Doom 2016 in terms of being fun to play.

why are half life fans so fucking clueless and autustic
did tyler mcvicker give it to you

FYI: the “flagship VR game” that’s going to be announced in a few weeks is the F-stop game, not HLVR.

F-stop is what killed HL2Ep3; everyone wanted to work on that instead so the team bled members until the project died. And now it’s in the process of killing HLVR, because no one wants to risk their job and annual bonus on a touchy subject like HL when they can work on the shiny cool thing instead.

Also, the announcement’s coming this year but the game’s not.

I like this theory, I also have a personal theory that the combine is ruled by some kind of council but one of the leaders wanted absolute power so hired the Gman to kill get all the other leaders killed,

>tfw no cpl Shepherd spin-off

Yes, it would be ending up becoming the second coming of DNF.

Only die-hard fans praise it while newcomers are going to be turn-off or be go "meh" over it.

No.
All Half-Life had to set it apart was its story and everyone who worked on it fucked off.

Real hardcore half-life fans look down on Tyler for not being autistic enough.

Reminder that Shepard’s never coming back because Valve ruined its relationship with Gearbox by screwing them over with Counter-Strike Condition Zero.

The James Bond Game, Golden was known to be an amazing and revolutionary edition to the FPS genre.
Half-Life was the same when it came to physic based gameplay.

Gearbox don't own Opposing Force IP, Valve do

Yeah, they own the IP but they’re never going to use something originally started by Gearbox.

No, move on already.

>It was rather bland.

What the fuck are you smoking? Half of the game is supposed to immerse in the communist-inspired combine dominated earth and it does just that. How is that "bland"?

I lost all hope.

I think hl3 is a looong way off. It's not in development and valve has no need to make games when they make more than enough profits off of micro-transactions.
youtube.com/watch?v=XdQPPh5eA_8

HL > HL2

Attached: shotgun.jpg (262x192, 4K)

It will happen. it wont be an FPS, but whatever trend Valve is chasing.

Probably not, but with all the leaks a VR game in the HL universe is starting to look quite plausible. I doubt they'll actually make it into HL3 or HL2EP3, the riots would be massive.

It won't happen. Valve is printing too much money with Steam and most of the staff that made the original games have left.

HLVR is rumored to be set before HL2 and focused around Alyx.

They might go the full Portal route and have it set in the HL universe but under a different name and brand.

He looks like he has Downs.

When did people start referring to the hypothetical Half Life 2 Episode 3 as Half Life 3?

i always wondered why they didnt just keep doing that.

Half-Life 2 Episode Three was never hypothetical, it was announced and promised for release by Christmas 2007.

I think the HL3 memes began to take off around 2012 or so, after Portal 2 brought in a bunch of newfags who tried to fit in.

Someone at Valve teased Half-Life 3 shirt as joke.

>The Half-Life 3 T-shirt as photographed on December 1, 2011.
>December 1, 2011.

Attached: HL3_t-shirt.jpg (1600x1196, 479K)

Because just another episode would be unacceptable after how long the wait has been.

No. But I really hope it will.

In my more autistic years, back in 2008 or so, I actually mapped out a hypothetical universe where all the major Valve IPs shared one big universe.

1940s: Day of Defeat, Team Fortress Classic
1960s: Team Fortress 2
1990s: Counter-Strike
2000s: Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 (this was the hardest to hand-wave as zombie outbreak and resonance cascade hitting different parts of the USA at different rates)
2020s: Half-Life 2
3000s: Ricochet

A team at Valve might actually have been working on a HL3 project at this time. One of the rumored failed HL3 projects is estimated to have been worked on from around 2011 to 2013 before dying.

Note that Gabe’s “these things, they take time” cameo was in 2012. Gabe himself might have been optimistic about the project before its demise.

It'd be easier to suggest zombies happening before resonance cascade. Like early 00s with HL happening only a year or two afterwards.

Realistically speaking, does anyone really care anymore?

that's because it's kind of bad, from a narrative perspective

I believe gaben will get hopped up on whatever mega diabetes pills or something on his death bed then realize his great mistake of letting the half life IP just sit there. From there I believe He'd get the ball rolling to something actually tangible but die before it's release. And since this would be a huge dump of assets I imagine Valve would ultimately finish it and release it to which I believe won't live up to any hype

Even the mega-autist HL fans don't care about HL3 anymore. It's a dead franchise, we just have to move on already.

youtube.com/watch?v=oRH7bo29vIA

no it'll never happen
the most you can expect is a VR title in the half life universe

Uh, speak for yourself.

No, but maybe he could be in Smash.

Attached: Gordon Freeman Moveset.jpg (2160x875, 506K)

>posts this in a thread of mega-autist HL fans talking about HL3 and the HL franchise

>tfw we will never see Bullquids, Hondeyes, Combine Assassins, Hydras and so on

Attached: 6ktkhopa9bdx.png (1633x954, 303K)

More than 80% of people here are saying that it's never going to happen, and 15% are talking about how they don't care anymore. Face it dude, it's a dead franchise. The most we're ever gonna get that's new is some shitty glorified tech demo VR game.

youtube.com/watch?v=fSOk6KBn5OA

I think there's still an audience for people that want more of HL's setting and gameplay, either through Black Mesa, or the Episode 3 fan projects.

No source. Nobody knows what the fstop mechanic is so how do you know it is coming in that shooter VR game?

Obviously there is. And Valve doesn't give a shit. There won't be an HL3 or anything other than possibly maybe some irrelevant VR game.

I never said the fans don't care about HL anymore, they do, but mostly everyone has given up on ever seeing HL3.

It will come least expected and pretty much everyone will hate it.

It used to be that.

youtube.com/watch?v=9S544wX6InU&t=1383s

Where is full Xen?!?!?!

I seriously doubt it, and if it is a Valve creation it will likely be a soulless cash grab.

Only diehard fans could create something that stacks up to previous Half Life games.

This is what I don't get. What expectations? This tired line keeps getting parotted everywhere like it's some kind of gospel when everyone's expectations was pretty much "I wonder what happens in the next part".

I guess releasing a game is an unreachable standard for Valve these days.

lambdageneration.com/discussion/half-life/5-intriguing-things-breengrub-teaches-us-about-the-half-life-saga/